PDA

View Full Version : CD KEY/Mission Pack CODES/DLC - Not/Stopped working, Missing Etc - All Discussion

Master.Mind
23rd Aug 2011, 14:50
Hello

Today I received my copy of Deus Ex (ps3), but whenever I try to enter the code for my Explosive Mission pack DLC it says maybe code expired or wrong. Is it even possible 3 days before the release (Europe) or am I doing it wrong?

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 14:52
Hello

Today I received my copy of Deus Ex (ps3), but whenever I try to enter the code for my Explosive Mission pack DLC it says maybe code expired or wrong. Is it even possible 3 days before the release (Europe)?

Eu release is Friday, codes wont be active until that time in europe..

Master.Mind
23rd Aug 2011, 15:14
ok thanks for the quick reply but my game seems to be in french even though my system language is english.

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 15:20
ok thanks for the quick reply but my game seems to be in french even though my system language is english.

Where did you buy your version and where are you based?

Master.Mind
23rd Aug 2011, 15:30
I bought my version in Austria and live in Germany.

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 15:36
I bought my version in Austria and live in Germany.

Ah you have the `european` disc then.. it only has french, german, spanish and italian on the disc.. english was put on its own disc..

Master.Mind
23rd Aug 2011, 15:59
-_- is there any chance that a english language pack will be released later?

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 16:06
-_- is there any chance that a english language pack will be released later?

I've not heard anything myself, but i am not always privy to everything ;)

Solcutter
23rd Aug 2011, 16:42
So I went this morning to pick up my copy of DE:HR from Gamestop. I got home, started the install. After it finished installing the steam components, its asking for a 5 part Product Code. The only code on the manual is a 3 part. The only code on the Square Enix insert for product registration is a 4 part code. Any the reciept from gamestop has a 3 part code for the Explosive mission pack preorder bonus. I have taken out everything from the box and found no 5 part code. Not under the cd's, or books.

Can anyone tell me where this bleeping code is??

mithrandiryod
23rd Aug 2011, 16:47
As far as I can tell the 3 part code is fine. The question I have is where do I get my Explosive Mission Pack? There's nowhere to enter the code given to me by gamestop.

Solcutter
23rd Aug 2011, 16:58
thats on your gamestop reciept. Hope you still have it if you got it from there. Its gamestop.com/code. and the redemption code is on the reciept as well.

Eidos Support
Steam reg code is 3-parts of 5 chars each: #####-#####-##### on the back of the manual. Re-run the install from the disc as sometimes the initial install can mess up and ask you for a different format of code entry. Alternative, use method below:

@mithrandiryod - In steam > Games menu > Activate a product on Steam > enter code.

Eidos Support
Steam reg code is 3-parts of 5 chars each: #####-#####-##### on the back of the manual. Re-run the install from the disc as sometimes the initial install can mess up and ask you for a different format of code entry. Alternative, use method below then when it starts downloading, stop the download delete the local content for the game then run through the disc installer again, keeping Steam running and signed in.

@mithrandiryod - In steam > Games menu > Activate a product on Steam > enter code.

Solcutter
23rd Aug 2011, 17:06
TYVM sir! Ill try the code again.

CHC
23rd Aug 2011, 20:58
I have a Gamestop copy of the game - which comes with the Explosive Mission Pack, which seems to be unlocked by entering a code that is the purchase receipt IN PLACE of the regular serial code that Steam asks for. However, not knowing that the DLC code was to replace the regular code, I entered the normal code, not unlocking the Mission Pack. Is there any way short of a reinstall (if that would even work) to get the Mission Pack or did I blow it? Steam claims to have no available DLC for the game right now so I can't seem to get it through there. Any help would be very appreciated - and I hope everyone is enjoying the game! I know I am

Pishtosh
23rd Aug 2011, 21:02
Hey there everyone, first off thanks in advance for any help and kudos to the Devs on a great game!

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to be asking this.. but I just received my Augmented Edition [for PC] from Amazon and I can't seem to find a redemption code in the packaging for my Tactical Enhancement Pack.. All that was included code/ key wise was the registration key on the back of the manual and the product registration card for Square Enix members.

Needless to say I'm a little worried that I may have been jipped in some way, seeing as how the game is registered to my steam account and my extra 10k credits and shotgun are nowhere to be found.

Halp?

sea
23rd Aug 2011, 21:08
I'm curious about this too. I preordered from GameStop and my game did not come included with any sort of additional code. This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened, either... seems to be a pretty common occurrence for these preorder bonuses to "mysteriously" vanish.

Pishtosh
23rd Aug 2011, 21:15
I'm curious about this too. I preordered from GameStop and my game did not come included with any sort of additional code. This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened, either... seems to be a pretty common occurrence for these preorder bonuses to "mysteriously" vanish.

Needless to say I feel your pain dude, if someone rifled through the packaging and snagged my code I'm gonna be pissed.

Fluffis
23rd Aug 2011, 21:28
I have a Gamestop copy of the game - which comes with the Explosive Mission Pack, which seems to be unlocked by entering a code that is the purchase receipt IN PLACE of the regular serial code that Steam asks for. However, not knowing that the DLC code was to replace the regular code, I entered the normal code, not unlocking the Mission Pack. Is there any way short of a reinstall (if that would even work) to get the Mission Pack or did I blow it? Steam claims to have no available DLC for the game right now so I can't seem to get it through there. Any help would be very appreciated - and I hope everyone is enjoying the game! I know I am

Can't you just go into the "Games" menu (top of the screen), and choose "Activate a product on Steam"?

I don't know if it will work, but it seems the way to go.

violentxuprising
23rd Aug 2011, 21:34
Made an acct just to post this, I was in the exact same boat as you until i found the solution on the steam forum, probably would've stumbled onto it myself eventually i suppose, but here you go.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2075255

basically you go to the top menu in steam, click on "games", then "activate a product on steam", put in your DLC code, doing this activates the "pre-ordered" copy of the game in steam using your receipt code, and it will override the "plain" copy of the game. No additional version will be added to your library, nothing new will be downloaded, a 2 second progress bar and then it's over. so to check you can right click on the game title in your library, go to properties, and the last tab "DLC" and you should now see so

Saerain
23rd Aug 2011, 21:41
I'm in the same boat. I wasn't exactly excited by the pre-order bonuses, but not having them when I should is mildly annoying.

Needless to say I feel your pain dude, if someone rifled through the packaging and snagged my code I'm gonna be pissed. As it turns out, when my package arrived, it appeared to have pretty clearly been opened. Not the game's packaging, but definitely the UPS packaging.

Sharkey1337
23rd Aug 2011, 22:07
Yeah I got my copy from Best Buy, but I too didn't get my code for the Tactical Enhancement pack, I really want that sniper rifle! So who do we need to complain to to get this fixed?

thelotus619
23rd Aug 2011, 22:19
I got mine from gamestop for ps3 and the code for mine was on the receipt so try that maybe. I'm am however confused as to where the items are. It said that I have them but they weren't in the inventory when I started a new game.

CHC
23rd Aug 2011, 23:20
Great solution - solved my problem, so thank you guys! Now back to the game :-)

super...
24th Aug 2011, 00:45
So i bought at game stop and they had trouble with their computer this morning and had to wait to print the dlc code. so i installed the game started playing and eventually got a phone call with the code. enter the code into steam and activate it... and nothing. no extra weapons and i have no way of knowing if i will get to see the tong mission. don't even see a listing for the dlc in my steam library (should i?)

i'm guessing i have to re install the game but if that's the case can i keep my save file?

this preorder stuff is Bull****

Kentathon
24th Aug 2011, 00:53
Where are you guys getting the serial code for the DLC? I pre ordered the augmented edition and used the serial number on the back of the instruction manual to install it.

I don't see another code anywhere apart from the square enix member points or whatever that is. I checked the bonus dvd and other than that I just have an art book. I have the shipping receipt as well but is has nothing on it.

spamhate
24th Aug 2011, 01:06
Bought my copy from Best Buy, the insert said it was for the Explosive Pack, but in Steam it says Tactical Pack.

Fail.

super...
24th Aug 2011, 01:08
Where are you guys getting the serial code for the DLC? I pre ordered the augmented edition and used the serial number on the back of the instruction manual to install it.

I don't see another code anywhere apart from the square enix member points or whatever that is. I checked the bonus dvd and other than that I just have an art book. I have the shipping receipt as well but is has nothing on it.

should hopefully be on your purchase receipt

mine was not, call the store if you had the same problem

guys i can see that i have the preoderpack registerd to my steam acount but i'm not seeing the effect in my game, started a new file and had none of the extra weapons, and that makes me think i'm going to miss the mission to.

should i reinstall? how do i keep my save file?

Fluffis
24th Aug 2011, 01:20
don't even see a listing for the dlc in my steam library (should i?)

Kind of. There should be a tab for it under the Properties menu item for the game.

super...
24th Aug 2011, 01:29
Thanks i found that, this appears to be a wide spread issue judging from the other thread.

Fluffis
24th Aug 2011, 01:32
Thanks i found that, this appears to be a wide spread issue judging from the other thread.

There definitely seems to be a lot of problems surrounding the additional content, that's for damn sure.

Not to mention all the other things people are reporting. Honestly - considering the bugs and general niggles - if I didn't know this was the release for a triple-A SP title, I could have sworn it was the release for an MMO.

Glaeken
24th Aug 2011, 01:47
For those who didn't get their code with the Amazon purchase, I went ahead and contacted Amazon about the matter and am waiting on a reply.

The more people who write, the better the odds of getting a speedy response.

To do the same, go to: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/browse-form-dispatch/dispatch.html/ref=hp_cu_T16_518316_cu_btn_prim?ie=UTF8&nodeId=518316

Then widdle down the options to: Problem with an order > Missing item or parts > Item part or accessory etc.

Then you can choose phone, email or chat. I chose email. Here's the message I typed, feel free to copy and paste it.

I preordered Deus Ex Human Revolution for the PC from Amazon.

As part of the Deus Ex pre-order deal, I was to receive a code which would unlock bonus content in the game. My order arrived today with no code present for the bonus content. This means that the product I have received is incomplete.

I would appreciate receiving a code so that my order will be complete as promised at the time of purchase.

Thank you.

Hyperian4
24th Aug 2011, 02:08
I imput my code into "Steam" for the explosive pack, i saw one blue gel pac and the auto unlock device hiding behind hte TV, anyone know where the 10k credits and grenade launcher spawn at?

deject
24th Aug 2011, 02:12
I also am missing my Tactical Enhancement Pack. :(

Pishtosh
24th Aug 2011, 02:31
Back with a bit of an update.

What I ended up doing was basically the same thing Glaeken suggested, only instead of asking to send an email I decided to try the live chat. Luckily I came across someone after waiting for maybe five or so minutes, and after explaining the problem they said that they forwarded the problem to the marketing team and would email me a code in the next 1-2 days.

If I get the code via email like they said I'll be sure to post again letting everyone know that if they preordered at Amazon that this is a viable means of receiving your missing code.

aduckworth
24th Aug 2011, 03:58
My apologies if this has been discussed to death already, but I didn't see a thread for it:

I pre-ordered the Augmented Edition from a GameStop retail store (not online). Is the Explosive Mission Pack exclusive to online pre-orders, or am I just missing something? I can't seem to figure out what I need to do to install it.

Any advice would be appreciated massively! Looking forward to diving into this game shortly...

IGears
24th Aug 2011, 04:05
lol i havent seen it but you need to look at your reciept and at the bottom of it should be a code.

doctor_atomic
24th Aug 2011, 04:05
Your receipt should have the activation code, enter it as you would a game activation code on Steam, it will overwrite the one you entered from the manual and activate the bonus content.

aduckworth
24th Aug 2011, 04:23
Well whatdoyaknow, there it is! Ha! Of course, it is now obvious... =P Thanks guys!

NoPhate
24th Aug 2011, 06:03
Hello, I preordered the Augmented Edition from GameStop.ca. I was promised the Explosive Mission Pack DLC. I did not receive it packaged with my game. Nor did I get any emails with the code.

I guess in the US if you preordered from a store you got a code on your receipt. But they don't do that in the Canadian stores..

I preordered from the website to help ensure I was to get a code. I got no code.

I phoned Gamestop customer service center and it routes me to the american center (because I'm not french).

Anyways, they claim that it should have been attached to my activation key. But when I activated it on steam it just said (Retail) in brackets, and no mention of the Explosive Mission Pack DLC.

In properties on the game in steam, it shows no DLC.

Called Gamestop a few times, They almost always refuse to help saying it's attached to the product key, but I keep telling them it's not, and that it should have been on the receipt or in the box.

I would never have bought it from Gamestop had it not been for the bonus mission. I feel ripped off. I might as well have bought it cheaper online in digital form.

Is there anyway you could help me get my DLC? I will phone Gamestop again tomorrow when I wake up. The people there don't know what's going on with the missing DLC code.

If it is attached to the product key somehow, how do I check to see if it's in the game? I did not start with any weapons or unlocking devices.. Nor do I know where to start the bonus mission to see if I can.

Thanks.

sea
24th Aug 2011, 06:12
I've been having problems as well. Didn't call them just yet, but it seems like the preorder DLC was an outright lie in Canada, or at least it's a source of confusion. Suffice is to say, it's frustrating enough that there's day-one DLC tied to the preorder, and even more so that now it's apparently unavailable with no obvious means of recourse. My guess is nobody at Eidos or GameStop will bother owning up to the problem, and we'll probably end up having to pay through the nose for it when it's inevitably released as stand-alone DLC in a couple of weeks.

NoPhate
24th Aug 2011, 06:12
No explosive mission pack DLC code with Gamestop website order. No email sent with code.

Phoned 3 times to help desk, they all say it should have been tied to the product activation key. (Which it wasn't).

Checked properties and DLC on the game link in steam, shows no DLC.

People who ordered from the store got their code printed on their receipt in the US, and those in the US who got from the website received emails with the code.

I ordered from Gamestop.ca and they sent no code nor any emails.. I get routed to the american call center and they won't help me.

ssyd780
24th Aug 2011, 06:16
I punched in my code for the tactical enhancement pack in the PSN, it accepted it and installed it. I started up the game and when I got to the main menu it said, "Tactical enhancement pack installed." I loaded the game I had already started and nothing is there. I tried starting a new game and still no items or credits.

Is there something I'm missing here? Did I break it because I started a game before entering the code? Does it award the items and credits at a certain point in the story?

Deadaim
24th Aug 2011, 06:18
I received my game from Amazon today but I did not receive my code for the Tactical Pack...How do I get this fixed?

friendlyguy
24th Aug 2011, 06:50
Eu release is Friday, codes wont be active until that time in europe..

Is it up to you or Sony? If it's up to you, PLEASE flip the switch now :)
If it's up to Sony, please call them and tell them to do it :)

I don't want to start the game without the extras I paid for and waiting 2 days is just too cruel when I have the game sitting here! :D

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 07:00
PC users - for digital purchases, the code you get will be for the game and additional things, IF thats the version you bought, there is not 2 codes given. On Steam we are able to combine the codes etc..

Brockxz
24th Aug 2011, 07:05
I punched in my code for the tactical enhancement pack in the PSN, it accepted it and installed it. I started up the game and when I got to the main menu it said, "Tactical enhancement pack installed." I loaded the game I had already started and nothing is there. I tried starting a new game and still no items or credits.

Is there something I'm missing here? Did I break it because I started a game before entering the code? Does it award the items and credits at a certain point in the story?

It gives items and credits when you start your first mission as augmented Jensen.

Deadaim
24th Aug 2011, 07:09
PC users - the code you get will be for the game and additional things, IF thats the version you bought, there is not 2 codes given. On Steam we are able to combine the codes etc..

I bought mine through Amazon...was suppose to come with the tactical pack but the card with the code on it was for the explosive pack. I would like to know how to get the correct pack...thats the reason i bought it from amazon.

ssyd780
24th Aug 2011, 07:38
Cool, thanks. That was exactly it. Got them on the helicopter just before getting dropped in for the first mission. That would be why I didn't get anything on my original save.

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 07:42
As i said its possible the code HAS the pack built into it and the extra code was `extra`.. check your `account` on the steam client to see what codes have been assigned to your account it may give details there

Saerain
24th Aug 2011, 08:52
If you mean the Steam account history, all mine says is ‘Deus Ex Human Revolution Retail (Americas)’.

I also have nothing listed under DX:HR's DLC.

I wonder if this is something we should contact the seller about (i.e. there were manuals printed with pre-order-specific codes and we received copies with the wrong manuals) or something Valve has to correct (i.e. Steam is recognizing pre-order codes as standard or just failing to apply the DLC/credit bonuses to pre-ordered copies).

super...
24th Aug 2011, 08:55
i have it listed in my properties however i dod not have the dlc in the game. there are two problems

1 is getting the code

2 is after unlocking the content, accessing it in the game

so far i have not been able to actually access the content, the extra weapons were not given to me and i'm not sure if i will find the mission.

thanks for any help on this

sonicsidewinder
24th Aug 2011, 09:04
Okay i havn't got the game yet, but let me get this straight... is this definetly how it works?

You punch in the codes for your dlc weapon pack-whatevers, and you get them straight away, in the first mission? Not cool.

It just sounds ridiculous to give you all these weapons from the start. Why couldn't they 'work' it into the game somehow?

Dunno weather to play through the game without them first and then replay the game with them.

One that pisses me off the most is the rifle. Why give an auto sileced rifle? It removes the need to put a silencer on the regular rifle (should you be allowed to...)

Saerain
24th Aug 2011, 09:56
If it is of any consolation, I'm experiencing the same problem with an Amazon pre-order in the US.

MaceUk
24th Aug 2011, 10:01
Does that happen a lot in the US? Seems like a dangerous thing to do if you aren't careful with your receipt. They are always sealed inside the box on a leaflet in the UK.

ssyd780
24th Aug 2011, 10:15
Don't use the code if you don't want to. No need to get so worked up over it. Personally, I haven't even used either of the bonus guns in this second go because I've been being stealthy. I haven't really seen a need for them. Also, the sniper rifle is not fully automatic I don't know where you heard that...

sajin
24th Aug 2011, 10:23
Okay i havn't got the game yet, but let me get this straight... is this definetly how it works?

You punch in the codes for your dlc weapon pack-whatevers, and you get them straight away, in the first mission? Not cool.

It just sounds ridiculous to give you all these weapons from the start. Why couldn't they 'work' it into the game somehow?

Dunno weather to play through the game without them first and then replay the game with them.

One that pisses me off the most is the rifle. Why give an auto sileced rifle? It removes the need to put a silencer on the regular rifle (should you be allowed to...)

The bonus is really only useful in the first mission. As soon as you enter the first hub, you can simply put a silencer on a regular sniper rifle (i think) and buy the augment to get dual shots with a regular shotgun. You can also drop them (or sell them) so you only get the additional tong mission...

Hyperian4
24th Aug 2011, 11:28
I used the code at the bottom of my reciept (from gamestop) and it was approved and accepted through STEAM (PC version), but the above is correct, i didnt see a DLC download and have not seen the ingame items. Has this pack worked for Anyone at all?

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 11:34
Which DLC are you referring to?

The tactical weapons pack these appear in the inventory on first level (not before)

The mission appears whilst playing the game (think along lines of Assassins Creed Brotherhood where an extra thing is there whereas people without the DLC dont get the option)

finc.Loki
24th Aug 2011, 11:38
I pre-ordered my copy from EB Games Canada, which is wholly owned by Gamestop and uses exactly the same pre-order bonuses for all games all the time.

I haven't received any code on my receipt.

So what is going on, I know the code on the back of the manual for the augmented edition does NOT give you the pre-order items.
They are not listed in additional DLC which is where it should be, many seems to have gotten their codes on receipt but not me, this is severely aggravating.
I feel ripped off.

It should be automatic on the receipt since I pre-ordered it.

I want that extra mission I was PROMISED!!!!

The bonus is :

Explosive mission pack from Gamestop.

finc.Loki
24th Aug 2011, 11:43
I didn't get any stinking code on my receipt (EB games Canada, which is owned by Gamestop and uses the same pre-order bonuses).

I am pissed off that this **** always happen with pre-order crap.

It's not an incentive to be ripped off .

finc.Loki
24th Aug 2011, 11:49
Same here.

Gamestop and Eidos ripped off Canadian customers.

I pre-ordered the augmented edition and this is what I/We get, really low.

No codes on receipt or in the packaged game.
I ordered mine on PC, but I hear the PS3 game is missing it too in Canada so said the EB games clerk and he showed me a paper to the fact.
EB games is a gamestop store before anyone complain, they always use the same pre-order bonus.

I will never pre-order from EB games/gamestop again nor any EIDOS games. :mad2:

finc.Loki
24th Aug 2011, 11:53
PC users - the code you get will be for the game and additional things, IF thats the version you bought, there is not 2 codes given. On Steam we are able to combine the codes etc..

Sorry but that is a complete lie.

Canadians got ripped off, no codes on receipt or in the package and on Steam it says NOTHING about ANY pre-order bonus or explosive mission pack.

Gamestop got their money and so did Eidos, and we got ripped off, that is all there is too it right now.

Also why merge two separate threads?
Clearly Canadians have a different issue, we never got any at all.

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 11:57
Sorry but that is a complete lie.

Canadians got ripped off, no codes on receipt or in the package and on Steam it says NOTHING about ANY pre-order bonus or explosive mission pack.

Gamestop got their money and so did Eidos, and we got ripped off, that is all there is too it right now.

Also why merge two separate threads?
Clearly Canadians have a different issue, we never got any at all.

What exactly are you seeing in game thats not what you bought? if you bought a version and the website you bought FROM says you get XYZ then you should get XYZ, if you bought from Site A and read information site B thats not something we can control. Have you read how the DLC works? its not a new menu item or anything. The mission is slotted into the game further into the story, without the dlc you wouldnt see it, and the weapons pack doesnt come available instantly as the beginning of the game is the same for everyone, but on your first proper mission you will see it.

finc.Loki
24th Aug 2011, 12:04
What exactly are you seeing in game thats not what you bought? if you bought a version and the website you bought FROM says you get XYZ then you should get XYZ, if you bought from Site A and read information site B thats not something we can control. Have you read how the DLC works? its not a new menu item or anything. The mission is slotted into the game further into the story, without the dlc you wouldnt see it, and the weapons pack doesnt come available instantly as the beginning of the game is the same for everyone, but on your first proper mission you will see it.

The "explosive mission pack" is a pre-order BONUS from Gamestop/EB Games.

Including the explosive gel, unlocking device and extra mission to save tracer tong.

This is not included in Augmented OR standard edition of the game.
We were promised this because we pre-ordered.
In the states they get the code to download this extra content on their store receipts or an e-mail if ordered online.

I live in Canada and there is NO code either inside the game packaging NOR on my receipt.
It is NOT in Steam either under DLC content which is SHOULD be no matter what, even if it was baked into the same activation code.

My only activation code was on the back of the manual and it does not carry ANY pre-order bonus.

So it would seem Gamestop screwed us over, and I say the same about Eidos since they should make sure that Gamestop lives up to their promises.

All this does is making sure I am never going to pre-order any Eidos game ever again nor at gamestop since all that will happen is I get ripped off.

Numerous people have said they contacted Gamestop and they just give the run-around saying, "it's on the receipt or e-mail" etc, yet WE don't get that in Canada.
Who the hell is responsible for this? False advertising is a legal offense.

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 12:14
The "explosive mission pack" is a pre-order BONUS from Gamestop/EB Games.

Including the explosive gel, unlocking device and extra mission to save tracer tong.

This is not included in Augmented OR standard edition of the game.
We were promised this because we pre-ordered.
In the states they get the code to download this extra content on their store receipts or an e-mail if ordered online.

I live in Canada and there is NO code either inside the game packaging NOR on my receipt.
It is NOT in Steam either under DLC content which is SHOULD be no matter what, even if it was baked into the same activation code.

My only activation code was on the back of the manual and it does not carry ANY pre-order bonus.

So it would seem Gamestop screwed us over, and I say the same about Eidos since they should make sure that Gamestop lives up to their promises.

All this does is making sure I am never going to pre-order any Eidos game ever again nor at gamestop since all that will happen is I get ripped off.

Numerous people have said they contacted Gamestop and they just give the run-around saying, "it's on the receipt or e-mail" etc, yet WE don't get that in Canada.
Who the hell is responsible for this? False advertising is a legal offense.

You are trusting that the DLC IS actually being listed in the menu as the proof you dont have it? I'd check in actual game how i described as a sure way of knowing what you bought.. The extra mission is NOT at the beginning of the game, and as an FYI it doesnt appear in my DLC area either.

Its not easy when different territories have their own sales sites and own advertising etc..

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 12:18
I didn't get any stinking code on my receipt (EB games Canada, which is owned by Gamestop and uses the same pre-order bonuses).

I am pissed off that this **** always happen with pre-order crap.

It's not an incentive to be ripped off .

As i said on the other threads you posting on.. You need to check with the retailer exactly what they are selling, assuming because 1 site says its one thing doesnt automatically mean its the same on another site.. Your first point of call is with who you bought the game from.. get a VERY clear understanding from them what it is you paid for.. CHECK in the game itself that you HAVE or HAVEN'T got it (and as i said the mission pack is NOT something available right at the beginning of the game, since its related to a character you meet later on - its like the Assassins creed dlc where by when you walked into an area there was a new person offering a mission, without the dlc this guy didnt exist in game)

Deadaim
24th Aug 2011, 12:19
Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

We were promised bonus packs if we pre-ordered the game and we did not get them.

Mine was from amazon...was suppose to get the tactical pack...but i did not. Amazon says its not their fault cause it was packaged inside the game case by edios.

Its very frustrating.

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 12:22
Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

We were promised bonus packs if we pre-ordered the game and we did not get them.

Mine was from amazon...was suppose to get the tactical pack...but i did not. Amazon says its not their fault cause it was packaged inside the game case by Eidos.

Its very frustrating.

Just to be very very clear you've ran the game, and checked that you dont get the weapons on the first mission if the enhancement pack was included, or played right through to point in the game where the extra mission is available?

Also is this on PS3, PC, 360? codes are handled very differently on each platform.. well ps3/360 are `similar` in so much as are redeemed in psn/live as there is no `game` activation code and code supplied is obviously an `extra` whereas on pc is (as far as i was aware) bundled into the main game activation code..

Deadaim
24th Aug 2011, 12:26
Yes i am on the first mission and i do not have the items from the tactical enhancement pack (sniper rifle, shotgun, 10,000 credits). The tactical pack does not have an extra mission so i am not looking for that. Others on the amazon forums are also complaining they did not get the code for the pack either.
this is the pc version.

Saerain
24th Aug 2011, 12:28
I e-mailed Amazon and received an unexpected response (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5730951/Images/Screenshots/Gmail_Amazon_DXHR_preorder_confusion01.png). They're shipping a second order of the Augmented Edition at no cost. They seemed to misunderstand and think that I received a Standard Edition instead of the Augmented Edition, when what I was saying was that I seemed to receive a non-pre-order copy of the Augmented Edition, judging by the absence of the pre-order bonuses.

Part of me wants to clarify this, but on the other hand: free game! Significantly higher value than the pre-order bonuses, certainly.

Just to be very very clear you've ran the game, and checked that you dont get the weapons on the first mission if the enhancement pack was included, or played right through to point in the game where the extra mission is available?

Also is this on PS3, PC, 360? codes are handled very differently on each platform.. well ps3/360 are `similar` in so much as are redeemed in psn/live as there is no `game` activation code and code supplied is obviously an `extra` whereas on pc is (as far as i was aware) bundled into the main game activation code.. Not to speak for Deadaim, but since I have the same problem: yes, I've run the game. Been playing pretty regularly. I received no items from any enhancement pack in my inventory. There is also nothing listed in the game's DLC tab within Steam.

I'm using an Amazon pre-ordered Augmented Edition on PC.

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 12:32
I e-mailed Amazon and received an unexpected response. They're shipping a second order of the Augmented Edition at no cost. They seemed to misunderstand and think that I received a Standard Edition instead of the Augmented Edition, when what I was saying was that I seemed to receive a non-pre-order copy of the Augmented Edition, judging by the absence of the pre-order bonuses.

Part of me wants to clarify this, but on the other hand: free game!

Glad to hear the retailer is being responsive and helping with the product you bought from them.

finc.Loki
24th Aug 2011, 12:55
You are trusting that the DLC IS actually being listed in the menu as the proof you dont have it? I'd check in actual game how i described as a sure way of knowing what you bought.. The extra mission is NOT at the beginning of the game, and as an FYI it doesnt appear in my DLC area either.

Its not easy when different territories have their own sales sites and own advertising etc..

Canada and US is always treated the same regarding DLC this way.

It should be located in the DLC area on Steam under "additional downloadable content", everyone else has it listed there.
This is what the codes are for, are you telling me 100% guaranteed that my standard game activation code has PRE-ORDER CONTENT already on it?
Then it isn't really pre-order content is it, but something every Canadian get no matter what.
There is no way a different manual (with the activation code on the back) is created for every "pre-ordered" game, if that was the case then why isn't it like that in USA.
We are always regarded as NA (North America).

Under DLC it clearly says I have no downloadable content for this game, this is where it would say:
"tactical pack" or "Explosive mission pack" pre-order bonus content.
It's activated as a download in Steam when you activate it via a separate pre-order code.

Mixon
24th Aug 2011, 13:59
I cant understand why to make different release dates :( Wait 3 days more while somebody playing already.

sea
24th Aug 2011, 14:09
Thanks for your replies so far, Jason. I'd just like to relate my experience.

Like others, I preordered my Augmented Edition from a GameStop (most EB Games in Canada have since switched over to the new branding after the buy-out a few years back), in the hopes of getting the DLC add-on. When I picked up my game, I received no pre-order slip with the DLC code on it, and my receipt does not have any such code on it either (there is a feedback number, preorder number etc. but nothing in the right format or similar to what American customers have described).

Inside the game box, I have a Square Enix Members card with an activation code on it, which I assume is unrelated, and the instruction manual has the regular Steam activation code on the back, for the main game itself. Beyond that and the regular Augmented Edition contents, the DLC code is nowhere to be found, and there is no additional material inside that would suggest the DLC would even be packaged with my version of the Augmented Edition.

In the Steam properties page for Human Revolution, under the DLC tab, the field is blank. In the game, I've played close to halfway through and have received absolutely no indication that any of the DLC is available - I haven't come across the special items at all, the bonus credits, and they were certainly not in my inventory when I started the game. While I'm not far in enough to say that the mission itself isn't there, judging by the fact that there are no other indications that the DLC is present, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I won't see it at all during the game.

If necessary, I can send proof of purchase (photo of receipt and/or game UPC code) to Square Enix in order to get this fixed. I'm hoping that this situation can be cleared up for everyone, because it seems that GameStop is completely unwilling to provide adequate support and, as such, may be guilty of false advertising.

deject
24th Aug 2011, 14:23
Which DLC are you referring to?

The tactical weapons pack these appear in the inventory on first level (not before)

The mission appears whilst playing the game (think along lines of Assassins Creed Brotherhood where an extra thing is there whereas people without the DLC dont get the option)

I've played through the first level (the one with the tutorials that pop up), and I have the quest to get into the police morgue and neither then shotgun or sniper rifle that are supposed to be in the Tactical Enhancement Pack have ever been in my inventory. When I check the Steam properties for the game it says I have no DLC.

This is kinda disappointing. Amazon offered to replace the whole package but I'd rather not have to deal with sending my copy back to them and waiting to get another one that may or may not have the right code. Even if if did have the right code, I'm not sure how that would help me since I already registered the code I got and the game is now on my Steam account.

Deus X New Fan
24th Aug 2011, 14:35
I sadly wanted the preorder dlc gamestop offerd but since I found out about the game very late on sunday with the storm coming it became impossible until after the launch day to preorder the game

I did call gamestop but told me that it can be or not possible to print out the receipt as a preorder but they say chances are slim, so I still going to buy the game but if I can't get this dlc

I was wondering it eidos is going to put them later for $5 or more on xbox live market and if so when and how much time it will take them since all these dlc where preorder stuff exclusive to amazon, walmart and gamestop

I am new fan of the series since the trailers hook me up and since dlc put more hours to the game I want to enjoy has much time as possible

Midreian
24th Aug 2011, 15:03
So, it seems that those of us who have pre-ordered the game on Amazon.com have not received our Tactical DLC code that was part of the pre-order bonus. Some people have even received an email from Amazon stating that they didn't qualify for the promotion. I'm a little disappointed with Amazon right now, the codes were to be emailed out from what the promotion said, but they haven't been and I'm hoping an Eidos staff member will please get back on this. The DLC pack is even showed in the Augmented Edition pictures on Amazon.com and that is one of the reasons I ordered it, was for the extra DLC.

Check out the thread on the amazon site: http://www.amazon.com/Pre-Order-bonus-not-included/forum/Fx2VDPND4HPU7EN/Tx27VK8K9FJ7Q7Z/1/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B004EIOH80&cdSort=oldest

tZer
24th Aug 2011, 15:03
To all buyers who miss the code from pre-ordering from Canada:
Apparently there was a shipping problem with the code leaflets, but instead of telling people that, they obviously lied to you by saying it was included in the game code.
This is not from me but someone else from Steam, so:

"So I called again to Gamestop and see what's up with the code. I'm told that they received some of the code slips yesterday and were in the process of mailing them out to the individual shops. They were going to give a call to all the customers who picked up their pre-order copies when they do. Here's hoping that they get them soon. =)

Also, I think this problem affects only Canadians who pre-ordered via gamestop as our American counterparts actually get theirs printed on their receipts. "

RickDeckard
24th Aug 2011, 15:05
I'm also having the same issues. I live in the States and Pre-ordered off of Amazon to ge tthe Tactical enhancement pack and like everyone else I had the eidos registration insert and the normal code on the game booklet. Activating the game booklet code on steam during the isntall didn't do anything and under both DLC content and the tools tab on steam there in no indication of the enhancement pack being there. I've emailed amazon about the pre-order code, but I'm also posting here to see what can be done about this.

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 15:07
Apparently there was a shipping problem with the code leaflets, but instead of telling people that, they obviously lied to you by saying it was included in the game code.

"So I called again to Gamestop and see what's up with the code. I'm told that they received some of the code slips yesterday and were in the process of mailing them out to the individual shops. They were going to give a call to all the customers who picked up their pre-order copies when they do. Here's hoping that they get them soon. =)

Also, I think this problem affects only Canadians who pre-ordered via gamestop as our American counterparts actually get theirs printed on their receipts. "

Thats brilliant news for our Canadian brothers (and sisters)

Spooky Neo
24th Aug 2011, 15:16

That's correct. I was just going to write this here. I called my Gamestop store few minutes ago and he told me to call tomorrow as they will receive the code probably today.

As soon as I told him that I pre-ordered Deus Ex and didn't get the DLC code, he told me not to worry and it was an issue with Square Enix where they shipped the boxes too fast without the codes.

He will be able to give me the code by phone, as he told me. I talked to the owner of the shop ... Happy ending after all :)

finc.Loki
24th Aug 2011, 15:19
Thanks for your replies so far, Jason. I'd just like to relate my experience.

Like others, I preordered my Augmented Edition from a GameStop (most EB Games in Canada have since switched over to the new branding after the buy-out a few years back), in the hopes of getting the DLC add-on. When I picked up my game, I received no pre-order slip with the DLC code on it, and my receipt does not have any such code on it either (there is a feedback number, preorder number etc. but nothing in the right format or similar to what American customers have described).

Inside the game box, I have a Square Enix Members card with an activation code on it, which I assume is unrelated, and the instruction manual has the regular Steam activation code on the back, for the main game itself. Beyond that and the regular Augmented Edition contents, the DLC code is nowhere to be found, and there is no additional material inside that would suggest the DLC would even be packaged with my version of the Augmented Edition.

In the Steam properties page for Human Revolution, under the DLC tab, the field is blank. In the game, I've played close to halfway through and have received absolutely no indication that any of the DLC is available - I haven't come across the special items at all, the bonus credits, and they were certainly not in my inventory when I started the game. While I'm not far in enough to say that the mission itself isn't there, judging by the fact that there are no other indications that the DLC is present, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I won't see it at all during the game.

If necessary, I can send proof of purchase (photo of receipt and/or game UPC code) to Square Enix in order to get this fixed. I'm hoping that this situation can be cleared up for everyone, because it seems that GameStop is completely unwilling to provide adequate support and, as such, may be guilty of false advertising.

Exactly.

Now the news about them getting the code leaflets and sending them out, lets hope that is true, but I wonder.

Also I wonder if the EB Games branded stores will get those pre-order leaflets codes.

NoPhate
24th Aug 2011, 15:20
Sending the codes to the canadian stores doesn't help me. I ordered from the Canadian website. I've phoned a store and they refuse to help me.

I had the PC version,. I have played past the first mission no hacking tool or weapons were there.

I'm phoning Gamestop this morning for the 4th time.

Seems the DLC was with the digital copies but not the physical copies. And now I'm fighting to try and get a code from people who have the wrong information. (They think it's tied to the product key, but that's only the digital copies).

sea
24th Aug 2011, 15:24
Thanks for the updates, guys. I'm going to phone my local store to ask about it in a few minutes.

Kelryth
24th Aug 2011, 15:31
I preordered from Gamestop via Impulse. They gave me a single code which I activated on steam which gave me the game and the explosive mission pack. Now the problem I'm having is that I bought the Aug edition, and It shows as Aug edition in Impulse, but steam is showing it as standard edition. I don't have the soundtrack or any extras that come as part of the aug edition.

OSBTrebek
24th Aug 2011, 15:36
Well,

I too fall into the group of people who pre-ordered the augmented edition and didn't receive my promised content. I can say with certainty that this isn't just a Canadian problem as a buddy of mine in Seattle had exactly the same issue - no code and no clue on behalf of the employees of the store as to what to do.

The employees at mine told me I had to call EBGames/Gamestop phone support line. After holding for 40 minutes to talk to someone I was told I would have to contact Square Enix. Square Enix of course doesn't have a phone line I can call so I have to submit a support email which I doubt I will ever hear back on.

This pre-order content was the only reason I went to a brick and mortar location to order this game, otherwise I would have just used the steam download. In fact I think this is why the pre-order bonuses exist, to encourage people to use stores instead of digital means to obtain the game.

This experience is going to make me seriously reconsider brick and mortar special offers in the future.... they never seem to work properly.

finc.Loki
24th Aug 2011, 15:36
I just phoned my local EB Games here in Canada.

The girl in the store was aware of the issue and said they think, well hope to get the pre-order code leaflets by today or tomorrow.

So at least that confirms that they are aware of it, and something is being done about it for retail copies picked up in store.

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 15:37
Exactly.

Now the news about them getting the code leaflets and sending them out, lets hope that is true, but I wonder.

Also I wonder if the EB Games branded stores will get those pre-order leaflets codes.

as we've been discussing sounds like you will have your code shortly

So glad this has been resolved :)

As i said tho, if you play through you WILL need to start a new game after putting the code in..

finc.Loki
24th Aug 2011, 15:48
I preordered from Gamestop via Impulse. They gave me a single code which I activated on steam which gave me the game and the explosive mission pack. Now the problem I'm having is that I bought the Aug edition, and It shows as Aug edition in Impulse, but steam is showing it as standard edition. I don't have the soundtrack or any extras that come as part of the aug edition.

If you go under "tools" under "view" menu and click that you should probably see the bonus content there as something to download, probably several gigs in size.

The Witcher 2 had all it's bonus content that way. Hopefully it helps you out.

finc.Loki
24th Aug 2011, 15:50
as we've been discussing sounds like you will have your code shortly

So glad this has been resolved :)

As i said tho, if you play through you WILL need to start a new game after putting the code in..

Yeah.

Let's just hope the store gets the code and save one for me, lol.
Such a hassle, gamestop should really sort themselves out.

Paulten
24th Aug 2011, 15:53
I bought my copy yesterday, unopened. I then opened the box to instal and the CD key provided will not work. I tried multiple abbreviations, spaces, and punctuation and it still fails. What process do I go about to get a new CD key in the shortest time... Ive been looking at different websites over the past 12 hours and none tell me any support information to redeem a new CD key in a short amount of time.

RickDeckard
24th Aug 2011, 15:56
Anyone else having issues with Amazon pre-order in USA???

Kelryth
24th Aug 2011, 15:57
Wow ok its there. I didn't think I'd have to download it separately. I didn't have to in Mass Effect 2 so I figured it would be the same. Why is it so large? I'm hoping the soundtrack is a disc image or in some lossless format. I hate it when I get the soundtrack in crappy 256bitrate mp3's like what happened in ME2.

sea
24th Aug 2011, 15:58
I called my local store, which, for the PC version, redirected me to the US. Got in contact with someone in Texas, who gave me the GameStop office in Canada. Once I reached there, however, the process was quite fast and they e-mailed me the preorder code in short order. Apparently the problem stems from the fact that some stores aren't currently using the same system for distribution as most others, and they're looking at tying everything into a central database in the future, to ensure this doesn't happen in the future.

So, for Canadian customers with the PC version, your best option seems to be to call the number 905 790 9262. My local store already had their Xbox 360 preorder codes available, so if you're running a console version you're better off waiting for your store to get the codes shipped in instead, as it sounds like it'll be only another day or two at most.

sea
24th Aug 2011, 15:59
Exactly what error do you receive? Could you be mistaking certain characters for others, i.e. O for 0?

Sounds to me like you want to call or e-mail Square Enix, or return your current game copy for a new one.

NoPhate
24th Aug 2011, 16:12
Success as well, after 4 phone calls to Gamestop. I received my code from a worker at the gamestop.ca support. Code is applied and I now have the Explosive Mission Pack DLC listed in my game.

Lots of work, but glad this problem is/was sorted out. :)

Now to restart the game and try again.. I wasn't too far into it, so I don't mind restarting. :)

Thanks for all the help.

Arkayn
24th Aug 2011, 16:17
Ok to everyone who bought a pre-order from Ebgames canada and didnt receive any code, you can follow the info i got from ebgames canada facebook page "you can send us your order info (i.e. console, version of the game) at feedback@gamestop.ca and we'll make sure to forward you a code" i received mine 30 min after i sent my email.
Quick question tough, i entered the code, it shows in Steam but do not have any item on me (my game was already started, near the end of the manufactoring plant. I dont really mind the gel and all but just want to make sure i will have access to the extra mission or do i need to restart ? ok just saw the new post ... new game it is

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 16:18
I bought my copy yesterday, unopened. I then opened the box to instal and the CD key provided will not work. I tried multiple abbreviations, spaces, and punctuation and it still fails. What process do I go about to get a new CD key in the shortest time... Ive been looking at different websites over the past 12 hours and none tell me any support information to redeem a new CD key in a short amount of time.

Where did you buy it? which country? when you say fails is it simply saying invalid key or already activated?

sea
24th Aug 2011, 16:28
From the sound of it, you'll need to start a new game to see the changes, or at least to be given the starting items. Whether or not the mission shows up later in an existing save, I'm not sure. I'll keep playing and report what I find.

deject
24th Aug 2011, 16:42
Anyone else having issues with Amazon pre-order in USA???

I am. The only recourse I have with Amazon is to have them replace the whole box, which isn't really helpful. I hope Eidos or Steam Support can help because missing out on stuff I paid for is not fun. :(

Jaston
24th Aug 2011, 16:45
My box came with 3 product keys, are you using the one on the back of the manual?

RickDeckard
24th Aug 2011, 16:50
Contacted Amazon via LiveChat and the first person I talked to wasn't able to help, but forwarded my order details and the whole conversation to amazon marketing (which makes sense) and I can expect to hear back in a day or so.

RickDeckard
24th Aug 2011, 16:54
I am. The only recourse I have with Amazon is to have them replace the whole box, which isn't really helpful. I hope Eidos or Steam Support can help because missing out on stuff I paid for is not fun. :(

Deject, I'll post back when I hear a response. It'd be ridiculously silly for us not to get the codes because the pre-order bonuses aren't even for sale in anyway. I'd pick up the explosive pack for the tong mission if I could (didn't pre-order from games stop because I really dislike their service and it looks like that wouldn't have helped much anyway).

If amazon fails us completely I hope eidos can step in (doubt steam will since we didn't purchase through them and they themselves aren't offering any of the bonuses).

tZer
24th Aug 2011, 17:24
My best guess is that for the US they somehow messed up shipping the leaflets like they did in Canada. It might not be a problem only related to Canada, so I'd wait a few days.

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about the 3 day delay for Europe.

Collaborator
24th Aug 2011, 17:41
Amazon customer service is really trying to pass the buck. It seems they think PC buyers of the Augmented Edition weren't entitled to it in the first place. Eidos, can you do anything about this? There are dozens of irate people on the Amazon site, and since Amazon shipped them late in the first place (most people just got them today), that's just the edge of the sword. I don't like not having what I paid for.

Thanks,

Steve

DaGovna77
24th Aug 2011, 17:54
I too(like so many others..) pre-ordered an Augmented Edition hard copy for PC from Amazon.com. I did not receive the 'Tactical Enhancement Pack' everyone who pre ordered says that when they ordered the amazon page said that it would come with the extra DLC. Currently the Amazon page says the DLC is only available with the Download version of the game, and not available with the hard copy.

The live chat support tried to tell me the same thing, they forwarded my issue to marketing. Judging from other people on amazon forums who have actually received responses back from marketing.. Amazon is sticking to their claim of it never being available. So people who originally thought they were paying $10 extra for some cool in game stuff, are now getting screwed over and given nothing. Great teamwork on the codes between Eidos and Amazon! <<(sarcasm)

CodeFire
24th Aug 2011, 18:19
Amazon customer service is really trying to pass the buck. It seems they think PC buyers of the Augmented Edition weren't entitled to it in the first place. Eidos, can you do anything about this? There are dozens of irate people on the Amazon site, and since Amazon shipped them late in the first place (most people just got them today), that's just the edge of the sword. I don't like not having what I paid for.

Thanks,

Steve

Yeah, this is starting to piss me off. Amazon is trying to ignore the problem. I want what I bought! I'm starting to think this problem will never be fixed, and we will just be ignored. This isn't right. Sending the DLC code to those that ordered through Amazon wouldn't cost the company THAT much. It shouldn't be that hard to fix.

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 18:29
Have passed this info onto the people here.

Feydanon
24th Aug 2011, 18:50
Add my name to the list. I pre-ordered the Augmented Edition for the PC from Amazon and no DLC code and no joy from them as far as rectifying the situation. There is literally nowhere in the US that I can trust to pre-purchase software from now. I stopped buying from Gamestop a while ago, Best Buy and Walmart are just terrible. Amazon used to be fairly decent, but lately they've been seriously dropping the ball and have no sense of accountability for it apparently. It'd be really great if I could get what i paid for but I can't see Amazon doing the right thing...

OSBTrebek
24th Aug 2011, 19:13
If anyone paid on credit card you can probably do a forced return by reversing the charges (you didn't receive what you were promised at time of payment). Then let amazon/EBgames/whoever deal with 'returning' the software, opened or otherwise.

Charge them to have a courier sent over if they want the physical box back.

deject
24th Aug 2011, 19:13
Have passed this info onto the people here.

Thanks, as long as it's being looked into then I'm content to wait for an answer. It's a shame because everything else about the Augmented Edition is pretty neat and I'm enjoying the game so far, it would just be nice to have the extra items.

jimmywolf
24th Aug 2011, 19:25
i agree it is a issue i don't mind DLC i don't mind paid DLC i do mind when you have promotions for DLC an can't fulfill it i bought it from amazon wanting the dlc an game i don't want shrug my shoulder an ignore it since it it happen once it can happen again

OSBTrebek
24th Aug 2011, 19:30
All,

I've been stung by the lack of DLC voucher in my retail box from EB games Canada (owned by Gamestop I believe), and in my reading I came accross this article about Gamestop employees being told to open the game box and remove a voucher for a free game of Deus Ex (1?) from the box since it is on a competitors digital distribution platform.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/08/report-gamestop-opening-deus-ex-copies-removing-free-game-code.ars

This appears to be true, and if this turns out to be the case in Canada too, I'm going to go demand the same game from the store as they removed a coupon for from the box, or I'm going to reverse charges on the card and be done with it.

If they're tampering with the contents of game boxes since they don't like other peoples digital distribution platforms I think they've stepped over the line.

HERESY
24th Aug 2011, 19:32
I just read about this and they should face consequences for tampering with the product if they remove the coupons and attempt to sell the game as new.

RickDeckard
24th Aug 2011, 19:40
I'm glad its not just me having these problems (In the I feel like I'm taking crazy pills sense). Everyone who hasn't yet should live chat/email amazon about this. It will just get forwarded to marketing but if they have thousands of emails about this issue they may be forced to fix it.

Thanks jaycw2309 for passing it onto the people at Eidos. I'll keep checking back here for status updates.

OSBTrebek
24th Aug 2011, 19:41
Things might be getting more interesting - seems gamestop in the US has been opening retail boxes and removing coupons from them - maybe they messed up and removed the DLC vouchers too....

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=119970

Direct link to article showing gamestop memo is here: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/08/report-gamestop-opening-deus-ex-copies-removing-free-game-code.ars?comments=1#comments-bar

kindredwarr
24th Aug 2011, 20:17
I too didn't get a pre-order bonus from Amazon. I don't feel like contacting customer service, even though maybe I should.. I didn't get the game on release date either, which I should've. Hell with it, I'll whine to them.

This whole thing kind of bothers me, first off pre-order exclusives are a pain, second to not even get them right is just, I dunno, but what the hell? I really hope Eidos does something about this because it seems like Amazon doesn't care that much.

finc.Loki
24th Aug 2011, 20:20
Well that would explain why the codes are missing, if true.

In any case I got lucky and used the method of contacting them via e-mail (listed earlier in this thread, thank you to that person ;) )and got my code that way and I just entered it and it worked.
So now I finally have my pre-order bonus, and didn't have to drive out to the store to get it.

I bought my game as EB Games in Canada.

DaGovna77
24th Aug 2011, 20:35
Just had some great news from Amazon.com!

The marketing department got back to me about my forwarded issue of not receiving the DLC code with my pre order of the boxed PC version. This is what they had to say about it:

Hello,

I'm following up on your recent contact to our Customer Service department.

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t received bonus content code for pre-ordering Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Augmented edition, PC.)

I’ve contacted the appropriate department and received a confirmation that we’ll be mailing the code to you within 2-3 business days. In this case, I’d suggest you to wait till August 29, 2011 (end of business day) and write back to us if you haven’t received the code.

NOCTORNUS
24th Aug 2011, 20:35
Hello

Today I received my copy of Deus Ex (ps3), but whenever I try to enter the code for my Explosive Mission pack DLC it says maybe code expired or wrong. Is it even possible 3 days before the release (Europe) or am I doing it wrong?

In my experience, any PS3 codes will only be active or "valid" on day of release in your country.

I used my Xbox code fine but if I ever try the same on psn with some games DLC...no joy...

Just my thought...problem is, you need to start new game WITH DLC INSTALLED or it won't appear..soooooo even though you have it...if you wanna play DLC stuff...wait till fri for new game...

Titan777
24th Aug 2011, 20:41
So I have an unusual issue with my preorder DLC. I got the game yesterday through Amazon along with the DLC, popped it in and downloaded it and it worked fine. Then, my Xbox got the red ring (what are the chances, right?). So I brought my HD over to a friends house to play it while another friend fixed my Xbox. Since I had the DLC installed on my save game, I had to start over since I wasn't playing on my original Xbox. My friend then fixed my Xbox, and I went back to playing on my original Xbox. Now, my question is this: is there anyway to redownload my DLC without using another DLC code and without restarting my game? I realize this is a bizarre scenario, so hopefully I did a good job explaining it. I appreciate any and all help from you guys! Thanks!

Gaiiden
24th Aug 2011, 20:51
Best Buy problem

I saw some fellow Best Buy purchasers in the very start of the thread but since then it's mainly been Amazon and Gamestop. I too pre-ordered at Best Buy to get the Tactical Pack but here is what I have in my box instead:

http://www.blade-edge.com/misc/dxhrbaddlc.JPG

So it sounds like I should be taking this back to Best Buy to talk to someone there. Has anyone else with the Best Buy mix-up gotten their issue fixed? I'm reluctant to even use this code for fear of being unable to install the Tactical Pack afterwards (unsure if both DLC can be used at once).

Any advice admins?

Thanks, and loving the game so far.

RickDeckard
24th Aug 2011, 21:02
Just had some great news from Amazon.com!

The marketing department got back to me about my forwarded issue of not receiving the DLC code with my pre order of the boxed PC version. This is what they had to say about it:

Hello,

I'm following up on your recent contact to our Customer Service department.

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t received bonus content code for pre-ordering Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Augmented edition, PC.)

I’ve contacted the appropriate department and received a confirmation that we’ll be mailing the code to you within 2-3 business days. In this case, I’d suggest you to wait till August 29, 2011 (end of business day) and write back to us if you haven’t received the code.

That's a relief. Hopefully all of us who contacted amazon will hear back soon.

EDIT: Just checked my email and I got the exact same words in response to contact with support. Here's hoping we all have it by the weekend.

DarkStar33Cdn
24th Aug 2011, 22:35
I emailed BestBuy.ca the same thing, so far no response.

Eidos: I think at this point the DLC should be made freely available to everyone. It was a colossal error and reason why retailer specific DLC needs to end.

Content like this should be an incentive to pre-order. If this DLC is identical across retailers and simply included in the case, customers can use the retailer of there choosing.

Its clear GameStop has no interest in keeping the interest of customers as a top priority.
If the game isn't available at GameStop we can find another retailer who treats us fairly, they are not as important as you think they are.

Kelryth
24th Aug 2011, 23:02
All,

I've been stung by the lack of DLC voucher in my retail box from EB games Canada (owned by Gamestop I believe), and in my reading I came accross this article about Gamestop employees being told to open the game box and remove a voucher for a free game of Deus Ex (1?) from the box since it is on a competitors digital distribution platform.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/08/report-gamestop-opening-deus-ex-copies-removing-free-game-code.ars

This appears to be true, and if this turns out to be the case in Canada too, I'm going to go demand the same game from the store as they removed a coupon for from the box, or I'm going to reverse charges on the card and be done with it.

If they're tampering with the contents of game boxes since they don't like other peoples digital distribution platforms I think they've stepped over the line.

I can believe that. They also denied the existence of Bethesda's Star Trek Legacy when it was released. They told me it was cancelled, making me buy it at a Walmart of all places. [shudder]

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Aug 2011, 23:04
Latest on this situation:

GameStop says it will not sell the opened DXHR packages -- in fact, it won't sell any physical copies of the game at all until Square Enix ships GameStop a version without the OnLive coupon. GameSpot will continue to sell its own digital version of the game in its stores and online.

Read full report here:
http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/24/technology/gamestop_coupons/

Kelryth
24th Aug 2011, 23:17

Read full report here:

Thats wierd, I got Deus Ex 1&2 for free when I ordered Deus Ex HR Aug edition from Impulse which is owned by Gamestop.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Aug 2011, 23:20
Posted on the main forum, but fyi:

Yesterday I posted in this thread on not getting the Explosive Mission Pack DLC with my Gamestop pre-order of Deus Ex (PC). This morning, I returned to the same Gamestop/EBGames store (Canada), and told them about it. The guy said I should call the customer service line, and they can give me a code for the DLC. I called the customer service line, and after being put on hold for 15 minutes, the cs rep I talked to told me that the stores should be receiving codes today, and I need to get a code from the store I pre-ordered at. After work, I went back to the same store, and told another employee about all the hassle I've had to go through to get this code. He checked his computer, and I FINALLY got a code, which successfully registered on Steam. So to all Canadians who pre-order Deus Ex at Gamestop/EBGames, be persistent and go back to the stores to get the DLC you are entitled to.

CJ78
24th Aug 2011, 23:35
Eidos should take all the copies that they were going to sell to Gamestop and give us the explosive mission pack codes
or at least sue because that's a bit less than legal :P

compmastr
25th Aug 2011, 00:02
I too did not get the Tactical Enhancement Pack code with my Amazon preorder of the standard version for PC

Fluffis
25th Aug 2011, 00:08

Read full report here:

Oh my god! What they hell are they doing?

I mean, Jesus! :mad2:

"Oh noes! The nasty ol' gaming company put something in THEIR PRODUCT that isn't an ad for US!"

Honestly, if I ran SE, I'd cut Gamestop out of the loop from now on. And I'd encourage other companies to do the same thing.

Edit: Whoa! Gamestop are getting hammered on that CNN site.

Gaiiden
25th Aug 2011, 00:34
Eidos: I think at this point the DLC should be made freely available to everyone. It was a colossal error and reason why retailer specific DLC needs to end.

Totally agree.

As an update to my previous post (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1657795&postcount=107), I just heard from a friend that he ordered the game on 8/23 online from Best Buy for in-store pickup. He got the 360 version and ended up with the Tactical Pack. He said the website still showed the pre-order bonus (confirmed (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp;jsessionid=BD41E56EEB74C7032B0673DDB9DDDC9D.bbolsp-app06-11?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=2294276550390313182&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=deus+ex&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960)) and he got the normal version, not the augmented one.

What the hell?? So visiting the store tomorrow to straighten all this crap out...

CJ78
25th Aug 2011, 00:35
Ironic after Eidos babied Gamestop with the Explosive Mission pack.

(I do love how Amazon just now ships my game, but at least it's in time for the pre order codes to get sent out :P)

+1 to DarkStar33Cdn btw

JustDave
25th Aug 2011, 00:58
So how do I go about getting a tactical pack DLC code for my game? Becasue I did not get one with my Amazon preorder when it arrived today. Augmented Edition was my version. The product page said it came with both versions for preordering though.

I contacted Amazon support and they told me they had no control over this. Come on, Eidos. Make it right. Please? :(

CJ78
25th Aug 2011, 01:05
Amazon is supposed to email out the preorder codes by the end of the week according to customer service :/

JustDave
25th Aug 2011, 01:09
Amazon is supposed to email out the preorder codes by the end of the week according to customer service :/
I actually sent them an email about the situation instead of contacting live chat like before. I had to do the same with GameStop one time. They fed me BS over the phone/chat but when I emailed them the code was given to me in less than a day or two. Crazy how that works, huh? Hope Amazon does the same thing.

CJ78
25th Aug 2011, 01:11
Hm... according to the forum posts on Amazon; the DLC comes with the copy now according to one post, lets see if it's "fixed"

I wonder if I should yell at them in advance because my copy is coming in on Friday (contradicting the statement above):P

JustDave
25th Aug 2011, 01:34
Hm... according to the forum posts on Amazon; the DLC comes with the copy now according to one post, lets see if it's "fixed"

I wonder if I should yell at them in advance because my copy is coming in on Friday (contradicting the statement above):P
Is there any way you can post the link to this Amazon forum where they are discussing this problem as well? I just want to check every possible place for any updates on this matter. Thanks!

LAST1
25th Aug 2011, 01:44
Does anyone have an idea on how to activate explosive mission pack for the xbox 360. I downloaded it from xbox live about 30 mins after starting the game and i cant find any info on getting access to the grenade launcher, the lockpick or the explosives. I would be really grateful for any solutions. Thanks...

Crazy, Nasty ass Honey Badger...RAARRR...RAAAARR....RAAARR.

OSBTrebek
25th Aug 2011, 01:51
I have the explosive mission pack and can't figure out how to install it... in steam under DLC there's no where I can find to enter the code :(

Feydanon
25th Aug 2011, 02:06
Is there any way you can post the link to this Amazon forum where they are discussing this problem as well? I just want to check every possible place for any updates on this matter. Thanks!

The thread on www.amazon.com forums: http://www.amazon.com/Pre-Order-bonus-not-included/forum/Fx2VDPND4HPU7EN/Tx27VK8K9FJ7Q7Z/1/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B004EIOH80&cdSort=oldest

Kesslan
25th Aug 2011, 02:11
Ordered through Amazon.ca and also did not get my promised DLC code, nor are any listed anywhere.

MrJoy
25th Aug 2011, 02:17
I have the explosive mission pack and can't figure out how to install it... in steam under DLC there's no where I can find to enter the code :(

In steam go to the "Games" tab, then "Activate a product on Steam" and enter your code.

xmaddoggx
25th Aug 2011, 06:09
Okay so I pre-ordered my Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition from Gamestop. Got the code on the bottom of the reciept but forgot to input it before starting a new game. Got to the FEMA Warhouse and decided to put it in on PSN. When I rebotted the game it said that the Explosive Mission Pack DLC was downloaded. Went back in and didn't find any of the weapons in my inventory. So I read online and started a new game. At the helipad now after getting off at Sarif warehouse, got a message confirming the DLC. It stated that I will get to the mission later in the game. I have the remote explosive device, the automatic opener isn't here but I understand I can buy it at the first arms dealer. But I don't have the Gernade Launcher in my inventory. So what gives?

xmaddoggx
25th Aug 2011, 06:26
Also, I choose long range so I recived the assault rifle. Would this cause and issue with the inventory size at such an early stage in the game? I hope that's not the issue since if it is they should have atleast given us some sort of prompt about it....

FNL 4EVA
25th Aug 2011, 12:21
I added the code to xbox live website and went on live to play this game and figured it download before i even get a chance to load it up since i idled for 5-10 mins before i started it. Well i forgot there was demo's in my queue first and did not notice it had not downloaded yet. I started my game thinking it was all set. I play past where you pick weapon types you want i picked tracer dart rifle bad mistake btw. I then noticed a demo just finished and then the pack downloaded right after that and i already finished the one mission. I saved and went to the dashboard and reloaded the game. The items were not in my inventory but it said the pack was installed on the main menu. I hear this happened to many others and would like to know if or when this will be fixed? Also if i start a new game will it show up there? I heard on a forum it was a one time use item and it is glitched and the dlc is gone forever.

Sorry about my messy post just like to use what i bought. If i have to start over i prefer to know before i get any farther in the game. If the content is gone forever like the credits and weapons and stuff then i am super bummed.

RickDeckard
25th Aug 2011, 13:51
I added the code to xbox live website and went on live to play this game and figured it download before i even get a chance to load it up since i idled for 5-10 mins before i started it. Well i forgot there was demo's in my queue first and did not notice it had not downloaded yet. I started my game thinking it was all set. I play past where you pick weapon types you want i picked tracer dart rifle bad mistake btw. I then noticed a demo just finished and then the pack downloaded right after that and i already finished the one mission. I saved and went to the dashboard and reloaded the game. The items were not in my inventory but it said the pack was installed on the main menu. I hear this happened to many others and would like to know if or when this will be fixed? Also if i start a new game will it show up there? I heard on a forum it was a one time use item and it is glitched and the dlc is gone forever.

Sorry about my messy post just like to use what i bought. If i have to start over i prefer to know before i get any farther in the game. If the content is gone forever like the credits and weapons and stuff then i am super bummed.

You still have the content, but you'll need to start a new game to have access to it since your started your first game without it installed.

Zero123
25th Aug 2011, 14:09
Hi, I just recently got my pre-ordered copy of the game and it's a Region 3 (Asia region) PS3 copy.

The code for the explosive mission pack doesn't seem to work. PSN says it's incorrect or not valid. Is this something to do with the code or the particular region perhaps ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Qiliang
25th Aug 2011, 15:48
Hi, I just recently got my pre-ordered copy of the game and it's a Region 3 (Asia region) PS3 copy.

The code for the explosive mission pack doesn't seem to work. PSN says it's incorrect or not valid. Is this something to do with the code or the particular region perhaps ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi, Yes I'm from Singapore having the R3 version of the game for PS3. The codes are not working. Can someone confirm this?

Azen
25th Aug 2011, 16:12
Hi there,

Got my UK copy of the Augmented edition from Amazon.co.uk today and the form where the Steam Registration code is is blank, I.e. there is no Key there. I've a ticket out with Steam and one With Amazon, but I am wondering if it's something I should be talking to Eidos about?

I tried Square Enix's phone line the guy didn't too sure.

SilverCrimz
25th Aug 2011, 18:07
Hi, Yes I'm from Singapore having the R3 version of the game for PS3. The codes are not working. Can someone confirm this?

I got my copy too recently and its not working for me as well.

wycowboy76
25th Aug 2011, 18:30

Read full report here:

I pre-ordered and picked up my PC copy from a Gamestop here in Texas.

Is Edios or onlive going to do anything for those like me who did not know Gamestop had done this and have their PC version of the game and did not get an onlive code. :mad2:

ultramega
25th Aug 2011, 18:38
Has anyone that pre-ordered from Futureshop in Canada received their code for the Tactical Enhancement Pack? I pre-ordered the Augmented Edition and received no code.

I contacted customer service over the phone, and they told me they would forward the problem to Square Enix, and that I should receive an e-mail with the code. That's all fine and dandy if it works, but has anyone had success?

ewooki1
25th Aug 2011, 18:56
Help???

I pre-ordered the Augmented Edition from Amazon expecting to get the Tactical Enhancement Package with it as the PRE-ORDER BONUS, but I just read under another thread...

Q: I live in the US and have a question concerning the pre-order bonus.
On Amazon, the Augmented Edition does not come with the pre-order bonus while the standard version does.. I feel like any and all versions should have the bonus included if pre-ordered.
When I asked Amazon, they said the Augmented Edition had other incentives, but those are paid incentives and should not restrict purchasers from getting the other content.
Can someone confirm that the Augmented Edition does not come with pre-order exclusives?

Please help!!! I Pre-Ordered over 6 months in advance so I could get that Tactical Enhancement Package
If I have no other choice, I'll pay extra to get the Tacktical Enhancement even if I do think it's wrong. In my thinking, I would call that false advertising because the Eidos website clearly stated that the Enhancement Pack was a Pre-order BONUS. I can't see anything indicating that it was Eidos the missled me, I just want help resolving this.

If someone could send me a Direct reply as well as post a reply for the benifit of others with the same problem, or maybe even create a seperate thread for this issue and how to resolve it would be GREAT

Thank You!
Walt

ewooki1
25th Aug 2011, 19:09
Add my name to the list. I pre-ordered the Augmented Edition for the PC from Amazon and no DLC code and no joy from them as far as rectifying the situation. There is literally nowhere in the US that I can trust to pre-purchase software from now. I stopped buying from Gamestop a while ago, Best Buy and Walmart are just terrible. Amazon used to be fairly decent, but lately they've been seriously dropping the ball and have no sense of accountability for it apparently. It'd be really great if I could get what i paid for but I can't see Amazon doing the right thing...

There really needs to be a thread for this particular problem...
...I'm going to start one. If any one can come up with answers and or solutions please check it out. If nothing else, post a reply indicating that you've had the same problem. Perhaps, if there are enough people with this problem wanting a satisfactory solution, we could force Amazon or Eidos to address the issue!

Dampylle
25th Aug 2011, 19:22
I too am among those who ordered the Augmented Edition from Amazon. It then took two calls to get them to forward my problem to Marketing and Promotions who is not claiming they will get back to me within 2-3 business days. I still have not had the issue resolved so am hoping that since some people here had slips mailed to them that it will be sorted out since this was kind of the main reason I ordered from Amazon.

Theran
25th Aug 2011, 20:08
Hey guys need some help , especially if someone from eidos could help me out that would be great !

I'm from Germany and bought the game today becuase the game broke the streetdate in my local store. And of course i wanted to download the dlc from my "Limited Edition" (or "Augmented Edition" for the US guys) and i couldnt so i cancled the download for after i installed the game ... but of course now i cant use the code again because its a one time code and i cant re download the file because there is no option in the 360 dashboard for those files , also yes i know that i'm a dumbass -.- ... . So i wanted to ask here for help since also i cant find any adress from square enix or eidos on the deus ex main page. I hope that somebody could help me because i really want the sniper rifle and thats in the pack thats in the limited edition not the preorder from my local shop that sold me the game. Or at least say me an adress or email where i should talk too becuase i tried and couldnt find anything ... but again maybe thats because i'm a dumbass who did cancel the stupid download of the one time code voucher -.- ...

RickDeckard
25th Aug 2011, 20:16
@Dampylle and ewooki1

You should read the whole thread before you post (or start a new thread). I and others have already gone through this and posted the solution on this thread. Contact amazon support about your order via email and specifically explain that yes you got all the physical items, but you did not receive your pre-order bonus code via email as you should have. All of us who got replies from amazon telling us we would have them emailed to us got those replies because we contacted Amazon and stated our issue. If you don't identify yourselves as having this issue then they won't know to email you a dlc code.

Krypter
25th Aug 2011, 21:37
I did not get a preorder tactical pack code from Amazon.ca for my PC version either.

EIDOS, or perhaps Square since they're the publisher, really screwed up the distribution of these codes.

If I get a code from Amazon.ca, how do I even enter it into Steam? There's no location for entering bonus content codes.

Still haven't heard back from Amazon. Since I'm halfway through the game I'm questioning the value of these extras anyway.

Won't be preordering from you guys in the future.

Mixon
25th Aug 2011, 21:40
I have a problem with pre-ordered game on steam in Russia. I don't know where to look the code for bonuses in my Steam. I didnt buy box game, just digital pre-order game in Steam. All my friend who bought game in box in Russia got their bonuses.

CJ78
25th Aug 2011, 22:07
Okay so I pre-ordered my Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition from Gamestop. Got the code on the bottom of the reciept but forgot to input it before starting a new game. Got to the FEMA Warhouse and decided to put it in on PSN. When I rebotted the game it said that the Explosive Mission Pack DLC was downloaded. Went back in and didn't find any of the weapons in my inventory. So I read online and started a new game. At the helipad now after getting off at Sarif warehouse, got a message confirming the DLC. It stated that I will get to the mission later in the game. I have the remote explosive device, the automatic opener isn't here but I understand I can buy it at the first arms dealer. But I don't have the Gernade Launcher in my inventory. So what gives?

It's the reward for the special mission :)

tZer
25th Aug 2011, 22:42
I have a problem with pre-ordered game on steam in Russia. I don't know where to look the code for bonuses in my Steam. I didnt buy box game, just digital pre-order game in Steam. All my friend who bought game in box in Russia got their bonuses.

Steam pre-order does not come with bonuses, only TF2 hats,

Ronin_Denton
25th Aug 2011, 23:07
Like many others, I preordered my Augmented Edition from Amazon, but the code for the Tactical Enhancement Pack was missing from the package. First guess is that this is an omission by whoever was packaging these prior to release date trying to get preordered copies out on schedule. Will have to wait and see. Hope this get's ironed out in a week or two, have already posted in 2 threads on Amazon's site. A shame, but the game is still great. Just got a response early this morning from Amazon. Their response is as follows : Hello,

I’m sorry to hear your "Deus Ex: Human Revolution" didn't come up with the Bonus Code.

In my experience, the quickest way to have this issue resolved is to contact the manufacturer directly, who'd be happy to help you.

For your convenience, I've provided the following link, which lets you contacting the seller :

http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=1372&la=1 A bit odd to have this problem and get this response.

Dampylle
25th Aug 2011, 23:48
@Dampylle and ewooki1

You should read the whole thread before you post (or start a new thread). I and others have already gone through this and posted the solution on this thread. Contact amazon support about your order via email and specifically explain that yes you got all the physical items, but you did not receive your pre-order bonus code via email as you should have. All of us who got replies from amazon telling us we would have them emailed to us got those replies because we contacted Amazon and stated our issue. If you don't identify yourselves as having this issue then they won't know to email you a dlc code.Before you fault someone you should also read what they wrote... as I specifically stated calling amazon, specifically stated being forwarded to Promotions and Marketing, and specifically mentioned being given two different timeframes one of which is already past.

I did read the thread, and even called amazon again today, third call for those keeping track, and mentioned it to them... they still have not gotten back to me or sorted things out.

Saying "It worked for A in instance X" is not a catch all because clearly even considering that there are still some unresolved issues... even after 3 calls in my case.

CJ78
26th Aug 2011, 01:14
Well I did the rage chat with Amazon (in advance actually because It's due for me tomorrow) and they gave me the "transfer you to the special marketing department and get back to you in 1-2 days".

To get to that point, use the live chat >:/

Jovena
26th Aug 2011, 02:58
I also pre-ordered the augmented version from amazon US, and sadly no tactical enhancement pack code in box when it arrived. :(

Jovena
26th Aug 2011, 03:06
Help???

I pre-ordered the Augmented Edition from Amazon expecting to get the Tactical Enhancement Package with it as the PRE-ORDER BONUS, but I just read under another thread...

Q: I live in the US and have a question concerning the pre-order bonus.
On Amazon, the Augmented Edition does not come with the pre-order bonus while the standard version does.. I feel like any and all versions should have the bonus included if pre-ordered.
When I asked Amazon, they said the Augmented Edition had other incentives, but those are paid incentives and should not restrict purchasers from getting the other content.
Can someone confirm that the Augmented Edition does not come with pre-order exclusives?

Please help!!! I Pre-Ordered over 6 months in advance so I could get that Tactical Enhancement Package
If I have no other choice, I'll pay extra to get the Tacktical Enhancement even if I do think it's wrong. In my thinking, I would call that false advertising because the Eidos website clearly stated that the Enhancement Pack was a Pre-order BONUS. I can't see anything indicating that it was Eidos the missled me, I just want help resolving this.

If someone could send me a Direct reply as well as post a reply for the benifit of others with the same problem, or maybe even create a seperate thread for this issue and how to resolve it would be GREAT

Thank You!
Walt

Not sure where you got your info but please read this:

North America - Walmart and Amazon.com
Players who pre-order any version of the game at Walmart or Amazon.com in North America will receive the Tactical Enhancement Pack bonus. The Tactical Enhancement pack will include the Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun, the SERSR Longsword Whisperhead silenced sniper rifle, and 10,000 extra credits, which players can use to buy or upgrade weapons. Click below to see trailers of both pre-order bonus packs in action:
http://www.trueachievements.com/n238...r-trailers.htm

Original thread here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115011

Vaguswarrior
26th Aug 2011, 03:17
So I called my EB Games Canada got my pre order code but they couldn't tell me where I redeem it. Now I have to call an 800 number and get that information.

Can someone simply post the redeem website?

Additionally is this the Tactical pack as well? That was a large reason I pre-ordered rather than just bought off steam.

Zero123
26th Aug 2011, 03:54

I got my copy too recently and its not working for me as well.

I just tried the "Explosive Mission" DLC code for PS3 and it works now. FYI.

Amentes
26th Aug 2011, 06:01
Ok, so, I'm a European, and I put in a pre-order for the Aug Edition off Direct2Drive UK a fair while back.

I was ever so happy when Steam actually released the game on time for once, and I fired up the Steam installer I had downloaded off D2D, and installed the game with no real issues.

Took me a while to find the Bonus Content in the Tools section, but frankly, I didn't really care.

However, after playing for a while, finishing up the opening mission, I started to wonder when I'd be getting my remote explosives and, most importantly, my Whisperhead; and so I tabbed out and checked these exact forums.

Well, as it turns out, people seem to be under the impression that most of the Aug Edition pre-order DLC should be available at the same time as I got my Stun Gun, so naturally I started to wonder.

I then checked the relevant DLC tab in Steam, and was dumbstruck when it showed no entries whatsoever.

So, I went back to my Games list on D2D, and all it had was a guide to finding the stuff in Tools, and my XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX game activation key; as well as a separate entry in the list for the Pre-Order, which states that my game activation key should unlock the DLC as well, which it doesn't seem to have done.

Now. Game's great and all, but, like... where's the sniper rifle and remote explosives I specifically paid extra to get?
I'm really lost here as it is.

Puuchi
26th Aug 2011, 06:45
Ok, so, I'm a European, and I put in a pre-order for the Aug Edition off Direct2Drive UK a fair while back.

I was ever so happy when Steam actually released the game on time for once, and I fired up the Steam installer I had downloaded off D2D, and installed the game with no real issues.

Took me a while to find the Bonus Content in the Tools section, but frankly, I didn't really care.

However, after playing for a while, finishing up the opening mission, I started to wonder when I'd be getting my remote explosives and, most importantly, my Whisperhead; and so I tabbed out and checked these exact forums.

Well, as it turns out, people seem to be under the impression that most of the Aug Edition pre-order DLC should be available at the same time as I got my Stun Gun, so naturally I started to wonder.

I then checked the relevant DLC tab in Steam, and was dumbstruck when it showed no entries whatsoever.

So, I went back to my Games list on D2D, and all it had was a guide to finding the stuff in Tools, and my XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX game activation key; as well as a separate entry in the list for the Pre-Order, which states that my game activation key should unlock the DLC as well, which it doesn't seem to have done.

Now. Game's great and all, but, like... where's the sniper rifle and remote explosives I specifically paid extra to get?
I'm really lost here as it is.

Their no such thing as DLC for digital Augmented Edition, also the game page didn't mention anything about that so it's probably just the wording when preordering they send to people

Amentes
26th Aug 2011, 06:59
Their no such thing as DLC for digital Augmented Edition, also the game page didn't mention anything about that so it's probably just the wording when preordering they send to people

*Moderator Edit*

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Limited "Augmented Edition" Detailed
Plus some pre-order clarification

Europe/Australia
Players who pre-order the Augmented Edition in Europe and Australia will receive both the Explosive Mission Pack and the Tactical Enhancement Pack.
Pre-order bonuses at other North American retailers are yet to be confirmed.

CONTENTS - Augmented Edition
The Augmented Edition contains a 40-page art book, and a bonus DVD featuring a 44- minute “making of” special, the game soundtrack, a motion-comic (adapted from DC’s official series), and the E3 trailer and animated storyboard.

SUMMARY:
US versions include only one pack. Gamestop has Explosive pack, other retailers have Tactical pack. There is no way to have both packs from US retailer.
The only version that contains both packs is European Augmented Edition. If you want both packs, pre-order from Europe.

*End of Moderator Edit*

I'm guessing you're American, which from your perspective would make you right.

But as I said, I'm European, and our Aug Edition, according to above mod edit, sports the full package.

Puuchi
26th Aug 2011, 08:33
I'm guessing you're American, which from your perspective would make you right.

But as I said, I'm European, and our Aug Edition, according to above mod edit, sports the full package.

The one you quoted from Corpus is retail version while D2D is a digtal service which doesn't provide DLC and never did previously, as I'm aware the only one with DLC for pre-order is Amazon.com only

PossuPallero
26th Aug 2011, 10:07
I bought my copy this morning as soon as it hit the stores in Europe. The package was unopened. When I try to install the game and register it to steam I get "Invalid Product Code" message. I have tried to register it through the installing process and through Steam -> Games -> Activate product on steam as suggested earlier in this thread but neither works. (BTW I live in Finland and bought the 'Nordic Edition' of the game - whatever that means.)

Hiro ZA
26th Aug 2011, 10:14
I have a question regarding the DLC which came with my Augmented Edition. I have tried to capture the DLC code on the Xbox LIVE marketplace, but to no avail. It keeps rejecting my code. I have a US xbox live account, but the game I bought is a UK edition. Could this be the reason why?

If that is the case, then I can create a dummy UK account and use this to redeem my DLC. In theory, the DLC should be available to all gamertags on my console, so i will then be able to use my proper US account with my DLC.

Could anybody please confirm that this is the case and that the DLC is not going to be tied to the dummy gamertag ?

Adrisss
26th Aug 2011, 10:42
Hello everyone !

I bought the augmented (preordered) edition on xbox 360 this morning, opened the box to notice that the code for the downloadable content was missing

The code is not printed on the flyer. Though the code to register the game on SE is ok.

Can someone help me to find out how to get a code ?

Thanks !

Azen
26th Aug 2011, 11:38
Hello everyone !

I bought the augmented (preordered) edition on xbox 360 this morning, opened the box to notice that the code for the downloadable content was missing

The code is not printed on the flyer. Though the code to register the game on SE is ok.

Can someone help me to find out how to get a code ?

Thanks !

I am in contact with Eidos support for my no Steam key issue. Chap mentioned they had some blank slips or something. As yet though no key has been received, so I have no idea on how long it will take... :mad2:
UK number:
0870 9000222

US number:
650-421-7660

Adrisss
26th Aug 2011, 12:45
Thanks Azen !

I'm actually trying to contact the french Eidos support ! I'll let you know if something new happens !

xeoncat
26th Aug 2011, 12:55
I pre-ordered the Augmented Edition through Steam and I'm also having this situation, I got no additional content except the Game (and Deus Ex:GOTY).

What should I do to get this moving? Contact Eidos? Squeenix? or Steam?

RickDeckard
26th Aug 2011, 13:04
@xeoncat

The only bonuses on steam were tf2 items. Neither the Tactical Enhancement or Explosive mission pack were offered for steam. IF you are talking about your augmented edition items (soundtrack, motion comic, making of featurette, etc.) that is in the Tools Section of your library. (drop down bar select tools instead of installed or all games).

For everyone else who got stuff from amazon! I got my activation code for the Tactical Enhancement pack today via email from amazon. Hopefully others who have contacted amazon about this issue (meaning you submitted something about it via email or livechat) will also be hearing back soon. Here's the text of the email.

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for your order of Deus Ex Human Revolution - Augmented Edition for PC. It has come to our attention that not all copies had the bonus code included in the game box.

Here is a bonus code, in case you didn't originally get one: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

This code will give you access to the Tactical Enhancement Pack.

How to Use Your Code:
Step 1: Open the Steam client
Step 2: Select "Games" from the menu bar, and choose "Activate a Product on Steam"
Step 3: When prompted, enter in the product code found above

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com/games.

~Amazon.com Video Games Editors

Also, each claim code is unique and can't be shared.

Feydanon
26th Aug 2011, 13:11
Same here, I got the same email from them this morning. For the record I never contacted them about this other than posting in the thread on their forums. Of course they had a record of my purchase obviously so you might not even have to complain to them, they might just send it like they did for me. Good on you Amazon. I wonder if they got any pressure from Eidos?

xeoncat
26th Aug 2011, 13:17
@xeoncat
IF you are talking about your augmented edition items (soundtrack, motion comic, making of featurette, etc.) that is in the Tools Section of your library. (drop down bar select tools instead of installed or all games).
Indeed, shady place to be ^^; but it's there, thank you very much.

RickDeckard
26th Aug 2011, 13:20
@Xeoncat

Yeah it's not something you think of because unless you run a dedicated server off your desktop you'd never go there. Makes sense though considering none of it is game related.

Adrisss
26th Aug 2011, 15:00
Ok got news from Eidos France

They finally answered me that thay can provide me another code, but it will only replace the explosive mission.

They actually can't replace the augmented pack codes because they are uniques. So if I take it, i'm loosing the rest of the exclusive content.

In order to get another valid code, I (and all those who got a non printed flyer) have to ask my retailer (in my case Micromania). So as i bought it from a friend working there, he told me that the head of micromania is actually waiting on news from SE EU, and those lasts will more than probably provide new codes to micromania, who will give them to their customers. In no way will Eidos dispatch augmented codes to their customers.

Here it is, hope it will help !

Amentes
26th Aug 2011, 15:49
The one you quoted from Corpus is retail version while D2D is a digtal service which doesn't provide DLC and never did previously, as I'm aware the only one with DLC for pre-order is Amazon.com only

Saying that D2D doesn't provide DLC is a load of bull, I'm sorry to say.

I've had pre-order DLC before, and I've had paid extra DLC before.

Also, their pre-release game page for the Aug Edition stated that both packs were in the deal.

Plus I have a special "PreOrder" entry in my games list.

So yeah...

deject
26th Aug 2011, 16:43
I got my key finally!

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for your order of Deus Ex Human Revolution - Augmented Edition for PC. It has come to our attention that not all copies had the bonus code included in the game box.

Here is a bonus code, in case you didn't originally get one: *****-*****-*****

This code will give you access to the Tactical Enhancement Pack.

How to Use Your Code:
Step 1: Open the Steam client
Step 2: Select "Games" from the menu bar, and choose "Activate a Product on Steam"
Step 3: When prompted, enter in the product code found above

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com/games.

~Amazon.com Video Games Editors

Also, each claim code is unique and can't be shared.

So if you talked to Amazon, check your emails. I don't think I'll get the items right away since I'm already in Hengsha, but I got everything I was supposed to get.

CJ78
26th Aug 2011, 20:08
I got my key finally!

So if you talked to Amazon, check your emails. I don't think I'll get the items right away since I'm already in Hengsha, but I got everything I was supposed to get.

I got it too and the game arrived in the mail today!!!

:) ----> :D

Dekieon
26th Aug 2011, 20:25
Ok so I got my pre order key from ebgames (canada) today and i went to steam and put it in.

Was something supposed to download?

If I go to Settings -> view account history, it shows Deus Ex HR Explosion Pack (GameStop) Retail
If I go to DLC there is nothing there to download.
If I go to tools, there is nothing there to download.
Nothing automatically downloaded
I checked the bonus CD i got with my augemented edition, and it only contains videos, no patches or anything.
I just don't get it? is it already included in the game, and my code just unlocks it? if so how to do I know if I have the content?

Gaiiden
26th Aug 2011, 20:33
You might have two Steam codes - one is the DLC and another is on the back of the manual. The one on the back of the manual is the one you should use during install. That tripped me up too.

Puuchi
26th Aug 2011, 22:32
Saying that D2D doesn't provide DLC is a load of bull, I'm sorry to say.

I've had pre-order DLC before, and I've had paid extra DLC before.

Also, their pre-release game page for the Aug Edition stated that both packs were in the deal.

Plus I have a special "PreOrder" entry in my games list.

So yeah...

:scratch: Err i think you got mixed up, I meant Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition. It never did provide the DLC (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1646592&postcount=2437) from start and the preorder bonus are as following
Soundtrack
Art book (PDF)
Concept art trailer (MOV)
"Making of" developer diary (MOV)
Animated comic (MOV)
Extended CGI trailer (MOV)
Short CGI trailer (MOV)

Also may or may not Deus Ex: GOTY (i think (http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/deus-ex-human-revolution/show_msgs.php?pid=944090&topic_id=m-1-59569598))

Gvaz
26th Aug 2011, 23:32
I wish they'd release the pre-order items for everyone!

CJ78
27th Aug 2011, 00:35
IKR :/

Amentes
27th Aug 2011, 02:06
:scratch: Err i think you got mixed up, I meant Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition. It never did provide the DLC (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1646592&postcount=2437) from start.

Seems kinda odd to me, seeing as how I distinctly remember reading that it would have both packs when I ordered it, way back.

I was under the impression that the same would be true for Steam, and have seen multiple people profess that the Steam page was changed after they forked over their cash, so maybe the same is true for D2D?

However, I don't believe that the Stuff under Tools; which is to say the stuff you listed, is a pre-order bonus. That's just a standard part of the Aug edition, no matter when you buy it.

With that in mind, I do have a seperate PreOrder tab on Direct2Drive for the Aug Edition, but that only says that the stuff is included in the game activation key.

Should also mention that I'm not American, but rather European, and ordered from Direct2Drive UK.

I've already posted before, quoting a moderator edit of one of the Sticky posts, which clearly states that European Aug Editions has both packs.

ocuisen
27th Aug 2011, 02:24
I revieve my copy (augmented edition) for ps3, and the code for the dlc its not inside the box, i call my retail store (México)and say me the code must be inside but its not.

The store publish in his site the DLC as a part od the pre order edition, and the box of the game also come with the announce.

How can i recieve my code?

wongr157
27th Aug 2011, 03:17
I have a problem with the Augmented Edition as well. I pre-ordered it on the PC but the Tactical Enhancement Pack DLC code I got was for the Xbox 360 version and not the PC version.

Puuchi
27th Aug 2011, 04:27
Seems kinda odd to me, seeing as how I distinctly remember reading that it would have both packs when I ordered it, way back.

I was under the impression that the same would be true for Steam, and have seen multiple people profess that the Steam page was changed after they forked over their cash, so maybe the same is true for D2D?

However, I don't believe that the Stuff under Tools; which is to say the stuff you listed, is a pre-order bonus. That's just a standard part of the Aug edition, no matter when you buy it.

With that in mind, I do have a seperate PreOrder tab on Direct2Drive for the Aug Edition, but that only says that the stuff is included in the game activation key.

Should also mention that I'm not American, but rather European, and ordered from Direct2Drive UK.

I've already posted before, quoting a moderator edit of one of the Sticky posts, which clearly states that European Aug Editions has both packs.

Best message D2D customer service to see if they can do anything, I got mine from Steam known that it does not include any of the DLC. The only thing i know is that Augmented Edition get both DLC from retail which luckily found one for £19

Amentes
27th Aug 2011, 07:41
Best message D2D customer service to see if they can do anything, I got mine from Steam known that it does not include any of the DLC. The only thing i know is that Augmented Edition get both DLC from retail which luckily found one for £19

Heh. Yeah, first thing I did. Got one of the usual straight-out-the-manual replies, telling me to take it to Steam Support.

Currently waiting for a response from them, hoping they won't tell me to take it to D2D >.<

Seriously though, judging by some other posts, I'm not the only one experiencing problems with this stuff, so I'm at least hopeful.

adaniya
27th Aug 2011, 08:43
hi all
I bought the new DEUX EX (Human Revolution) game and cant activate it on Steam. The key XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX (15 digits) is not accepted by Steam when I try to install the game. It allways says that it has to be a key with XXXX-XXXXX-XXXX digits, which can't be for my game. What am I doing wrong?
Did some of you have the same problem? What can I do? I've already tried about 20 times to relaunch install form CD / enter the code directly in the steam library. Neither works.
Its the German version of the game but bought in Switzerland in a game store.
Thx and regards

SAiNT HiTMAN
27th Aug 2011, 12:46
Hi,
Game is awesome so far and will be for some time, but i have a small problem.
PSN wont except the code for the tactical pack on the Augmented Edition on Ps3. Game was from USA and i play in Australia. I also have the Product rego card for Square Enix i haven't used yet. I want to solve the first issue before i use the other one. Is there a place to send an email to or where do i go next?
thanks in advance.

Kashard
27th Aug 2011, 12:50
I bought a copy off play.com in the UK. The box was sealed with the standard plastic wrap sealing the DVD case.

Inside the DVD case was the Square Enix Members reg code, my Explosive Mission Pack, and a what should of been my Steam Registration Code. Unfortunatly due to a printing error im hoping the reg code isnt there, just a blank white strip.

Ive contacted play.com but am yet to get a reply. Cant link them pictures as proof as they dont allow that unless requested first which slows the whole process down.

Any recommendations?

Zylon
27th Aug 2011, 23:50
I also seem to have a problem with the DLC code.
I managed to enter the code and steam accepted it.

My leaflet with the code says explosive mission pack + tactical enhancement pack.
Thing is it only registered and gave me the explosive mission pack.

I am still missing the tactical pack.

What to do? contact retailer? or someone else?

Harbi
28th Aug 2011, 00:07
Hello everyone

Today I received my copy of Deus Ex Augmented Edition (Xbox360), but whenever I try to enter the code for my (Explosive Mission pack + Tactical Enhancement Pack) DLC I get an invalid code message. I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out or point me in the right direction.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6071/6087379730_e80d7c6fd0_b.jpg

NUM3R0UZ
28th Aug 2011, 12:57
At first, sorry for bad english. I'm from Taiwan.
I've bought my copy from retail store (PC/steam version),and it does have 2 15-digit keys.The one on the back of manual works.
Another one shows an error says "Duplicate product code" , the "explosive pack code" has been activated by some1 else on steam.(That's REALLY strange...lol)
Since i've already activate the 1st one on steam,I cant just take it back to store.
And after 2hr playtime I'm at LIMB clinc,but there's still no UR-DED or AUD in my pack.
What could I do now?

x gr8sk8 x
28th Aug 2011, 13:32
Hello everyone

Today I received my copy of Deus Ex Augmented Edition (Xbox360), but whenever I try to enter the code for my (Explosive Mission pack + Tactical Enhancement Pack) DLC I get an invalid code message. I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out or point me in the right direction.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6071/6087379730_e80d7c6fd0_b.jpg

OK now I'm sure it's not only me

shouldn't Eidos or square enix do something about that

Syphedias
28th Aug 2011, 15:00
I bought the Collector's Edition off Amazon.de.
When I received it, I found that the code for the mission and the items was missing. I just had a blank field.
This is how the card looks like:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27434107/Smaller.jpg

So I hope I'll get my code soon, as Amazon.de told me, they're not responsible for missing codes... so I hope Eidos can help me or at least tell me whom to contact.
This is soooo :mad2:

Azen
28th Aug 2011, 19:18
I bought a copy off play.com in the UK. The box was sealed with the standard plastic wrap sealing the DVD case.

Inside the DVD case was the Square Enix Members reg code, my Explosive Mission Pack, and a what should of been my Steam Registration Code. Unfortunatly due to a printing error im hoping the reg code isnt there, just a blank white strip.

Ive contacted play.com but am yet to get a reply. Cant link them pictures as proof as they dont allow that unless requested first which slows the whole process down.

Any recommendations?

That's the EXACT problem I had - Mine if from Amazon though I am in touch with Amazon, Steam and Eidos support, out of the three I believe Eidos should be able to get us a new key however they have to escalate to "management" which was done on Friday they are expecting an answer by Tuesday (guy couldn't commit).

Seems they have had multiple printing problems though they have a special email address for it. One of my earlier posts has the Eidos phone number in it, ring them on Tuesday and they will ask you for proof of purchase and photo's.

Azen
28th Aug 2011, 19:19
I bought the Collector's Edition off Amazon.de.
When I received it, I found that the code for the mission and the items was missing. I just had a blank field.
This is how the card looks like:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27434107/Smaller.jpg

So I hope I'll get my code soon, as Amazon.de told me, they're not responsible for missing codes... so I hope Eidos can help me or at least tell me whom to contact.
This is soooo :mad2:

same problem but with game CD key not explosive pack - Contact Eidos/square enix they have a special email address set-up for it.

childofbhaal
28th Aug 2011, 19:34
I bought a digital AE version off of game.co.uk

Augmented Edition (http://www.game.co.uk/en/deus-ex-human-revolution-augmented-edition-87901)

It clearly states what it comes with - including all the DLC. It at no point states that the DLC is only for retail purchases. When I processed the order that never said anything about the DLC being only for retail purchases either. I only got 1 3x5 steam activation code which gave me a DE:AE (digital retial) copy and there are no listings for the DLC on the game...

I have spoken to game and they say that the 3x5 code they gave me includes all the DLC... but i'm past the first few missions and I have no $ or any of the DLC weaponry or gadgets!!!

Who do I need to speak to now as game aren't doing anything about it...

mr07th
28th Aug 2011, 20:32
Hello, when I'm pre-ordered the game ask this question: to what number of operating dlc for the game (I'm bought augmented edition in steam)? Just the day before (24 number) the release of pre-order in their country (Russia), in the end gave the usual retail

Syphedias
28th Aug 2011, 20:59
same problem but with game CD key not explosive pack - Contact Eidos/square enix they have a special email address set-up for it.

Do you have that email by chance?
Or do you know where to find that email?

Azen
29th Aug 2011, 06:30
Do you have that email by chance?
Or do you know where to find that email?

You need to contact Eidos support to speak to them first, they said they need to know the email address of the person sending evidence of proof of purchase. I guess it's to allow them to filter the emails properly as you need to send images through of your receipt + box etc.

Amentes
29th Aug 2011, 06:44

Augmented Edition (http://www.game.co.uk/en/deus-ex-human-revolution-augmented-edition-87901)

It clearly states what it comes with - including all the DLC. It at no point states that the DLC is only for retail purchases. When I processed the order that never said anything about the DLC being only for retail purchases either. I only got 1 3x5 steam activation code which gave me a DE:AE (digital retial) copy and there are no listings for the DLC on the game...

I have spoken to game and they say that the 3x5 code they gave me includes all the DLC... but i'm past the first few missions and I have no $ or any of the DLC weaponry or gadgets!!!

Exept for the fact that I bought mine off Direct2Drive, that's exactly the same problem I have.

I asked D2D support, and they said that I should take it to Steam Support, which I have done.

Still waiting for a reply.

Sad fact is, Steam support can be massively slow. I've waited two days, and I fully expect to wait five more, before I get a reply.

viclindsay
29th Aug 2011, 14:02
Dear Eidos,

I recently purchased the "Augmented Edition" of Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the Xbox 360. I did receive the leaflet pertaining to the Explosive Mission Pack and Tactical Enhancement Pack, but am unable to redeem the code through the XBox Marketplace.

I have triple checked that I am entering the code correctly, but the system continues to say it is invalid. I would like a new code in order to access this additional content.

Sincerely,
Vic Lindsay

viclindsay
30th Aug 2011, 13:30
Dear Eidos,

I recently purchased the "Augmented Edition" of Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the Xbox 360. I did receive the leaflet pertaining to the Explosive Mission Pack and Tactical Enhancement Pack, but am unable to redeem the code through the XBox Marketplace.

I have triple checked that I am entering the code correctly, but the system continues to say it is invalid. I would like a new code in order to access this additional content.

Sincerely,
Vic Lindsay
I just spoke with Square Enix support. They "cannot give out new codes" and insist that I have to return the game to the retailer where it was purchased.

The only problem with this logic is that there's nothing wrong with the game. Why would the store take back a perfectly good copy of the game? It's either Eidos, Square Enix, or Microsoft's fault that the code doesn't work. One of them has to fix the problem.

I understand that they're reluctant to give out new codes, because they don't want to get scammed by people. However, there are several of us on this board with the exact same problem. Clearly something is wrong with a few of the codes. The woman I spoke to asked for a code as if she could check it somehow, but she wouldn't say whether it came up as invalid or not.

Uthred
30th Aug 2011, 17:39
Exept for the fact that I bought mine off Direct2Drive, that's exactly the same problem I have.

I asked D2D support, and they said that I should take it to Steam Support, which I have done.

Still waiting for a reply.

Sad fact is, Steam support can be massively slow. I've waited two days, and I fully expect to wait five more, before I get a reply.

Exact same issue only I pre-ordered the digital copy from Shopto.net, they fobbed me off to Square Enix/Steam, I've opened a ticket with both. But to be honest I see little chance of getting my missing content.

Zylon
30th Aug 2011, 19:03
After 3 days still no reply from squire enix support.
Just finished my first playthrough and I would like to start the 2nd one as soon
as I get the tactical enhancement pack code.

Paying customer should get what he payed for.. not a hard concept is it?

Amentes
30th Aug 2011, 21:11
Exact same issue only I pre-ordered the digital copy from Shopto.net, they fobbed me off to Square Enix/Steam, I've opened a ticket with both. But to be honest I see little chance of getting my missing content.

So, Steam has replied at this point; telling me to take the problem to Eidos/Square support.

Thankfully I'd already made a ticket, so I may not have to wait too long for a reply from them.

Just hope they don't ask me to contact the original seller, 'cus that'd make this a vicious circle.

Luckily I paid by credit card, which means I can retract the payment. (Don't retract from Steam, they'll ban your account (*cough* NOT LEGAL BUSINESS PRACTICE IN MY COUNTRY *cough*))

Retracted payment money, plus 60% extra out of my own pocket, will then be spent on a retail copy from GameStop.

I know that will solve my problem, as my mate works in one and can guarantee that they still sell Nordic and Augmented Editions which contain both packs, even without pre-ordering.

BONG10
1st Sep 2011, 01:11
Hi there,

Got my UK copy of the Augmented edition from Amazon.co.uk today and the form where the Steam Registration code is is blank, I.e. there is no Key there. I've a ticket out with Steam and one With Amazon, but I am wondering if it's something I should be talking to Eidos about?

I tried Square Enix's phone line the guy didn't too sure.

Like this...? :mad2:

http://db.tt/QneAh7P

viclindsay
1st Sep 2011, 07:42
For anyone who lives outside an "officially supported by Xbox Live" country, this is how you get the DLC to work...

If you've purchased a PAL version of the game, your XBox Live account must be registered to a European country. Likewise, if you buy NTSC, it must be registered in the USA. If your account is set-up the other way around, you must create a new account from scratch. Register the DLC with the country-correct account, and it will be active on all accounts on the same console.

I didn't figure this out myself, and owe a special debt of gratitude to a fellow poster as well as moderator Jay.

Thank you so much Jay for going far and beyond the call of duty. Your handwork and dedication are very much appreciated by me personally, and I hope are recognized by your colleagues at Eidos. Living in the Middle East, we're used to getting such concerned and attentive customer service. I literally jumped up and down when I plugged in the code and saw that it worked. I think I might have done a small dance after finishing the prologue level and seeing the in-game message acknowledging that the DLC had been added to my inventory.

Thank you again and best regards,
Vic

jaywalker2309
1st Sep 2011, 08:03
Hello everyone

See the quote below.. am gonna hazard a guess this may be of some use for you too

For anyone who lives outside an "officially supported by Xbox Live" country, this is how you get the DLC to work...

If you've purchased a PAL version of the game, your XBox Live account must be registered to a European country. Likewise, if you buy NTSC, it must be registered in the USA. If your account is set-up the other way around, you must create a new account from scratch. Register the DLC with the country-correct account, and it will be active on all accounts on the same console.

I didn't figure this out myself, and owe a special debt of gratitude to a fellow poster as well as moderator Jay.

Thank you so much Jay for going far and beyond the call of duty. Your handwork and dedication are very much appreciated by me personally, and I hope are recognized by your colleagues at Eidos. Living in the Middle East, we're used to getting such concerned and attentive customer service. I literally jumped up and down when I plugged in the code and saw that it worked. I think I might have done a small dance after finishing the prologue level and seeing the in-game message acknowledging that the DLC had been added to my inventory.

Thank you again and best regards,
Vic

^my pleasure to help out..

Zylon
1st Sep 2011, 16:39
After 5 days I finally got an answer from square enix support.
A useless answer that is.

First they called me Paul. Clearly mistaking me for someone else.
2nd.. They gave me a standard missing code reply without even answering any questions I had or giving
an answer for my specific problem.

Forget it.. I'll remember this next time I might be tempted to buy a square enix game.
At least my retailer gave me a good reply today and offered to buy the DLC for me.

Kashard
1st Sep 2011, 19:09
Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre,
If the code/manual is missing from the game box, we would advise you to contact the retailer. In case if a steam code is not working, you also have to contact the retailer for this.

Kind Regards,

SQUARE ENIX Support Centre Team
Thank you again for contacting us and for you interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information are available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.

Same as above, My name isnt Paul and this dont help me at all, No CD key still, and weekend fast approching.
Retailer (play.com) has not come back to me since they said

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to learn that you have not received the activation code for Deus Ex: Human Revolution (With Pre-Order Bonus "Explosive Mission Pack").

We are currently checking all the necessary details regarding this matter and rest assured that you will be notified through email as soon as matter is resolved.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support Team

Can someone point me in the right direction, do I call a support number (what is it for the UK) or email someone else? getting very annoyed after a week of no game thats been paid for

Gameshack
1st Sep 2011, 19:40

Same problem here, same retailer.

I'm waiting on Game to reply on this one but losing faith.

I also think it is extremely poor of the devs to put players in a position of having to play through content before they know whether or not they have the in-game stuff they paid for.

Why on earth could they not have displayed something in a menu confirming precisely what content is available?

And which marketing genius was allowed to get away with naming different products with the same name, even in the same territory? Augmented Edition appears to have different content depending where you bought it and when :mad2:

tZer
1st Sep 2011, 21:02
Why on earth could they not have displayed something in a menu confirming precisely what content is available?

And which marketing genius was allowed to get away with naming different products with the same name, even in the same territory? Augmented Edition appears to have different content depending where you bought it and when :mad2:

Steam does this. But it was a very poor effort with all the different versions, and considering even some retailers messed up with that, it clearly shows something is wrong with that.

Uthred
2nd Sep 2011, 19:16
My retailer directed me to Square Enix, who gave me the same useless reply (and called me Paul as well, bizarre). I contacted Steam who referred me to my retailer saying that I should have got an additional code for the DLC. My retailer insists that they only got one code. Could someone from Eidos perhaps confirm whether those of us who purchased a digial copy of the Augmented edition need an extra code or if our Steam code should have given us access to the DLC? At this point I've got fobbed off by the retailer, Steam and Square Enix. I get the feeling its going to end without me getting the DLC. At least I know never to buy anything from SE or Shopto.net again (or Steam if I can possibly help it).

P.O.A.T.
3rd Sep 2011, 04:22
Hey, Eidos, I've got the same problem as Uthred. I can mail you the receipt, if that makes you feel better.
Or I can PM you the game codes. Whatever can convince you to help.
I'm in the US, specifically Texas, so if you could a TRIED AN' TRUD MERICAN, I would appreciate it.

**** it, I'm tired of waiting. If someone can get this to work, more power to em.
Your PC code for the Explosive Mission Pack is:

I7ZXN-XBH2V-56YYP

Code expires 12/31/11

Z0CK3RW31BCH3N
3rd Sep 2011, 23:28
Hi I might have a problem. I bought Deus Ex HR via Steam a few Days before release. I preorderd the augmented steam edition. Now I cant find an augmented code to get the ingame items for the augmented edition. There are no codes in my DLC tab.

Is it supposed to be like this? Has the steam version no augmented code(s)?

Puuchi
8th Sep 2011, 12:35
Have to say both SE and Eidos lack of support, don't get why they made every version on the leaflet Explosive Mission + Tactical Enchancement Pack when clearly you could just remove what pack you don't get. Spent 45min on the chat live and yet only gotten apologies

Probably I'm done spending 3 version of the same game

guglhupf
11th Sep 2011, 17:46
I live in europe and bought the Augmented Edition in the US (Onlinekeystore.com) for PC. The CD key for the game works, and I'm able to play the game but they already sent me 2 different keys for the Explosive DLC by now, but both times STEAM gave me an "Already activated by another account" error. I can't believe that's the case to be honest, so what could be the problem? Any ideas?

Puuchi
12th Sep 2011, 03:57
I live in europe and bought the Augmented Edition in the US (Onlinekeystore.com) for PC. The CD key for the game works, and I'm able to play the game but they already sent me 2 different keys for the Explosive DLC by now, but both times STEAM gave me an "Already activated by another account" error. I can't believe that's the case to be honest, so what could be the problem? Any ideas?

It means they have batches of code for the DLC which they got messed up selling to other. They arn't genuine sellers so any problem you there have to deal with them instead

guglhupf
12th Sep 2011, 08:28
what makes a seller "genuine"? But still thanks for the reply, I already have a support ticket open with them and Steam, just to find out if that could be a problem of regional restriction, if not I'm going to insist that they keep sending me codes until one works.

bryt
14th Sep 2011, 22:28
yeah, so i imported my copy of the Collector's edition from Game.uk to the US, as these forums recommended so i could get both DLC packs. but while the game is not region locked as advertised, the DLC codes are. thanks for the heads up guys. i am pretty sure there was a communication breakdown here and I don't think it is just me.

bluebulb
25th Sep 2011, 13:00
Is playstation 3 having the same problem ? I just purchased a brand new Deus Ex, and the Explosive mission pack code that came with the PS3 CD is not working. Im getting "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entries."

I even used case sensitive letters and tried multiple times, it not working. And the case was sealed, brand new. How can I get the code to work ? :(

Cathe
28th Sep 2011, 09:57
Is playstation 3 having the same problem ? I just purchased a brand new Deus Ex, and the Explosive mission pack code that came with the PS3 CD is not working. Im getting "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entries."

I even used case sensitive letters and tried multiple times, it not working. And the case was sealed, brand new. How can I get the code to work ? :(

I have this issue too with my PS3 copy of the game.

Ronrocken
13th Oct 2011, 16:46
Hi, I just registered just to post this.

I just bought DX:HR and have the game succesfully installed. However, I looked and looked but could not find the Mission pack code! I have the Explosive mission pack paper but it seems like they forgot to print the code on it!

I am so disappointed right now.. oh well.. :mad2:

edit:

OK now I'm sure it's not only me

shouldn't Eidos or square enix do something about that

Oh wait! This is the exact thing that happened to me.

Amosdragon
20th Oct 2011, 21:00
Guess what ! I have the same problem that the original creator of this topic ! But the problem is not the release date is past by many weeks. Now in October, I buy a totally new, sealed collector version of this game. And I played right after I receive it so Monday. Two days later, I decided to install the contents (and restar a new game) and surprise ! The code not work at all ! It said that the code is probably expired or wrong (I'm on ps3) What can I do to solve my problem ?

By the way : I have an UK version of the game and I'm living in the province of Quebec.

Frustration
17th Nov 2011, 17:47
Okay, I'm starting to get really ticked off. The "support" on the Squeenix site is not helpful at all, first of all. Secondly, I've been asking in different places and searching through different forums and nobody has an answer. :mad2: Does the Explosive Mission Pack code expire? If so, when, or has it expired already? I got my DX:HR pre-order for the PS3, but have been PlayStationless unfortunately since right before it came in the mail. I am getting a new one for myself for Christmas, but I don't want to wait over a month to find out if the code will even work anymore or not. So, again, does/did the Explosive Mission Pack code expire? Thanks.

Oniros
21st Nov 2011, 18:59
For some idiotic misunderstanding I ended up having a code for the Steam version of the Explosive Mission DLC while I wanted it for OnLive. If anyone wants to trade please PM me.

Ronrocken
4th Dec 2011, 13:29
Have anyone of you actually received a code from Square enix/eidos? Play.com contacted me after OVER TWO MONTS OF WAITING with the following useless message:

"We are writing to advise you regarding your order for Deus Ex Human Revolution With Bonus Explosive Mission Pack, that you may need to contact the game publisher for the missing codes as these codes have been included in the game box. your order for Deus Ex Human Revolution With Bonus Explosive Mission Pack. "

May I present a middle finger to the ones responsible for this crazy irritating problem.

buzguy123
20th Dec 2011, 01:58
Hi I just bought the augmented edition for xbox 360 and my DLC code to get the bonus stuff isnt working my xbox is from US and profile on xbox is from US but the game I bought in Taiwan any help?

Ronrocken
29th Jan 2012, 09:25
Hi I just bought the augmented edition for xbox 360 and my DLC code to get the bonus stuff isnt working my xbox is from US and profile on xbox is from US but the game I bought in Taiwan any help?

Sorry, too bad. If you already have contacted your retailer and Square, I think theres nothing you can do.

Plain and simple, someone f***ed up REALLY bad...

- By RonRocken, still very f**king pissed off about this ridicilously pathetic, scandalous mistake...

astradamus
29th Jan 2012, 23:46
hey hey,

has anyone had problems with the missing link?
I downloaded it from the ps-store and installed it and it doesn't pop-up in my main menu all I get is a bar beneath the screen saying the missing link a downloadable chapter in dxhr is now available.

I allready posted this in another section off the forum but the don't seem to be able to help me with this problem.

grtz astradamus

AstralStorm
11th Feb 2012, 00:49
Hello, I'm having a major issue with Augumented Edition. It seems that the Explosive Content Pack has deactivated for some reason or other...

I've bought it and installed it through Steam. Help?