PDA

View Full Version : [PC]NEW PATCH - Now Live - Update your client

Happy
23rd Aug 2011, 14:00
Hi Edios,

I posted this question a little too early several weeks ago, but I wanted to know what the plans are for a patch release?

Thanks so much!

Happy :)

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 14:11
Beauty of game on steam. you are always running the latest version.. obviously we've just launched but as things happen we can take stock of issues if they come up, work on them, and release a fix as quick as can..

Happy
23rd Aug 2011, 17:16
Thank you so much for the response.

I'm not a huge fan of Steam (negative experience with HL2) so was hoping to buy the box version instead.

Jaycw2309, from what I've seen and read so far, you guys are bound to win some serious goty awards - thanks and keep up the great work - not everyone is quick to address customer concerns (Dragon Rising - anyone? Anyone?) and I appreciate the prompt response!

Happy :)

tZer
23rd Aug 2011, 17:40
Box version requires steam too.

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 20:43
http://store.steampowered.com/news/6127/

An issue was found that caused some users to be unable to start the game on specific machines. Specifically, the presence of older ATI/AMD drivers, also on machines with NVidia hardware, would cause the game to crash on startup. This patch is a hot-fix for that particular issue. On top of this, it also increases the number of save-slots from 20, like on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, to 99.

Square-Enix, Eidos Montreal and Nixxes are committed to supporting this title and will continue to monitor for any further issues and provide additional patches in the future if required.

We hope this will help you enjoy Deus Ex: Human Revolution!

Restart your client to get the update.

The Coca Cola Company
23rd Aug 2011, 21:09
Wow, that's fantastic, that Eidos/Nixxes are able to provide support from the very first day of release!

I know that crashes are more important to fix but what about the missing Ambient Occlusion effect from characters on the walls in the PC version compared to the console versions? Relevant thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=119709

It is definitely not working as it should right now... :\

ericvstiffany
23rd Aug 2011, 21:13
Really appreciate the patch, i know how frustrated a lot of people were over not being able to turn the game on, that siad it did absolutly nothing about the in game crashes which wont stop happening, when can we expect that patch? awesome game BTW

LordWeasel
23rd Aug 2011, 21:34
Excelent! Now fix the apparently broken controls, and we're golden.

Darktronik
24th Aug 2011, 00:45
Nice work.

Now lets work on the next one:

- Removing the Speed boost while walking diagnolly
- Fixing Some frameskipping. (it sinergys with the speed boost)
- Enabling the Option to turn off mouse accelaration and smothness
- Fixing dot black and white Artifacts with tess on.

Ty

spamhate
24th Aug 2011, 01:04
when does the next patch come out that allows the program to actually start up in Steam?

I really regret wasting my money.

OtakuD
24th Aug 2011, 10:43
What version is this patch? Im running 1.1.620.0 was it applied? Any ETA on a patch to improve load times? 30+ seconds is quite crazy...

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 11:02
1.1.620.0 is last nights patch.

Load times seem to vary so much, some saying less then 15 seconds, some saying over 3 minutes.. i have an average hd (7200rpm) in my pc and my load times are usually less then 30 seconds.

OtakuD
24th Aug 2011, 12:25
1.1.620.0 is last nights patch.

Load times seem to vary so much, some saying less then 15 seconds, some saying over 3 minutes.. i have an average hd (7200rpm) in my pc and my load times are usually less then 30 seconds.

Thanks so much for the feedback, is there anything that I can turn off to speed things up? I dont really mind if it looks crap, so long as I can load in a few seconds as apposed to 40-75 as I tend to want to reset if Im spotted rather than try gunfighting... My HDD is also 7200 and has 40% free, 8GB Ram etc but the activity light is showing minimal activity when loading so I doubt its a data transfer issue...

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 12:27
Thanks so much for the feedback, is there anything that I can turn off to speed things up? I dont really mind if it looks crap, so long as I can load in a few seconds as apposed to 40-75 as I tend to want to reset if Im spotted rather than try gunfighting... My HDD is also 7200 and has 40% free, 8GB Ram etc but the activity light is showing minimal activity when laoding so I doubt its a data transfer issue...

i dont think its any option you can specifically turn off that speeds up loading am afraid..

neilthecellist
24th Aug 2011, 13:19
Bring back basic usability functions that were clearly in the beta, but totally removed from the final version of the game for PC.

EXAMPLES:

When you come up to a hackable display, you press E to engage with the display. In the beta, you can just press E a second time to "Hack". In the FINAL version of the game, I have to drag my mouse to the Hack button and click it. This gets very time consuming considering how many hacking mini games are in Deus Ex. A hacker in real life streamlines his/her interface to have highest usability potential. I smiled when I saw this feature being explored on a usability level in the beta, yet this was removed in the final release. Why?!
When I'm going through someone's emails, Mouse Wheel Up and Mouse Wheel Down worked perfectly fine in the beta to scroll through emails. Also, WASD let me scroll through emails too. Now, in the final version, I have to drag my mouse over to EACH INDIVIDUAL EMAIL just to click them? Even my Gmail in real life is more intuitive than this and supports keyboard shortcuts! You're telling me in 2027, their email interfaces got less user intuitive? Puh-lease.
... DirectX11? I'm sorry, but I don't see enough boasted tessellation on character models. But to be fair on this one, I haven't seen any game developer release anything stunning in DirectX11 yet... Unless you count the Unigine Heaven DX11 Benchmark demo, but whatever.
Depth of field looks totally off in certain scenes.
Texture/mesh pop-in is very bad, and I'm running this game on max settings on my GTX 480. I should not be seeing cans and boxes suddenly appear before my eyes as I walk down an alleyway. The beta did NOT have this problem.
SSAO looks very bad on certain objects. For instance, during the intro sequence when Megan is about to press the elevator button, you can see how the button has this totally black smudge around the WHOLE keypad, rather than realistically on a few sides, and dispersed unevenly. BLACK CLOUDS over the keypad is NOT realistic. Nor is it cinematic. It is silly. Did you really pay NIXXES good sums of money to smudge black clouds unprofessionally? If it was a cheap contract, then I totally understand. Otherwise, this should get fixed in a patch.
Brightness levels. The beta suffered from the same problem. I reduced luminosity in game under Video settings, but the left most "Jensen" is still clearly visible. So I tried quitting the game, going under desktop settings in NVIDIA Control Panel and reducing overall Gamma/Brightness/etc, then started up DX:HR again and got better, more satisfying picture. But then when I'm watching a cutscene, the colors get too dark and I can't see much. Seriously, EIDOS/NIXXES, you could've done a simple brightness filter check on cutscenes vs. in-game picture before this game went gold. It takes less than a day for a 1 hour film project, it should take less than a month if you dedicate one person on your team to do that (1 month as in, 21 work days, not even 30 days... And less than that too, if he or she has graduated from at least high school...)
FOV. Ok, seriously, 100 is nice, but on multi monitor support, FOV needs a higher limit, at least 120 if I want to run this game on 3 monitors. Which I plan on to. 100 will not cut it.
In the beta, walking into my apartment or walking into Sarif Industries would replenish my energy cells to full, but not in the final release. Why did you remove this feature?
Skippable intro. Every game has this available from a third party. Nicer PC devs will usually include a -nointro option into their executable, but I don't know of one yet that works for DX:HR. Maybe you guys never planned on it.

This is probably geared more towards NVIDIA than the developers involved for DX:HR, but I'd like to see some 3d support for NVIDIA 3D VISION owners like myself. I spent almost $400 on this 3D monitor and $300 for a GTX 480, and I can't experience 3D on my set up because I have neither the right card (AMD) nor the right monitor (non-3D VISION) to experience the 3D in, yet every other game I own is supported in NVIDIA 3D VISION mode.

Please fix this, EIDOS/NIXXES. The game is good, but these odd quirks are destroying my overall ideal gaming experience! And most of these problems weren't even a problem in the beta, you just decided to remove these features for some unknown reason. Just put them back. Please.

Dr_Bob
24th Aug 2011, 13:39
When you come up to a hackable display, you press E to engage with the display. In the beta, you can just press E a second time to "Hack". In the FINAL version of the game, I have to drag my mouse to the Hack button and click it. This gets very time consuming considering how many hacking mini games are in Deus Ex. A hacker in real life streamlines his/her interface to have highest usability potential. I smiled when I saw this feature being explored on a usability level in the beta, yet this was removed in the final release. Why?!
When I'm going through someone's emails, Mouse Wheel Up and Mouse Wheel Down worked perfectly fine in the beta to scroll through emails. Also, WASD let me scroll through emails too. Now, in the final version, I have to drag my mouse over to EACH INDIVIDUAL EMAIL just to click them? Even my Gmail in real life is more intuitive than this and supports keyboard shortcuts! You're telling me in 2027, their email interfaces got less user intuitive? Puh-lease.

We can't play the game in Europe yet, but it would be nice to have this stuff back.

Brockxz
24th Aug 2011, 13:53
Bring back basic usability functions that were clearly in the beta, but totally removed from the final version of the game for PC.

EXAMPLES:

... DirectX11? I'm sorry, but I don't see enough boasted tessellation on character models. But to be fair on this one, I haven't seen any game developer release anything stunning in DirectX11 yet... Unless you count the Unigine Heaven DX11 Benchmark demo, but whatever.
Depth of field looks totally off in certain scenes.
Texture/mesh pop-in is very bad, and I'm running this game on max settings on my GTX 480. I should not be seeing cans and boxes suddenly appear before my eyes as I walk down an alleyway. The beta did NOT have this problem.
SSAO looks very bad on certain objects. For instance, during the intro sequence when Megan is about to press the elevator button, you can see how the button has this totally black smudge around the WHOLE keypad, rather than realistically on a few sides, and dispersed unevenly. BLACK CLOUDS over the keypad is NOT realistic. Nor is it cinematic. It is silly. Did you really pay NIXXES good sums of money to smudge black clouds unprofessionally? If it was a cheap contract, then I totally understand. Otherwise, this should get fixed in a patch.
Brightness levels. The beta suffered from the same problem. I reduced luminosity in game under Video settings, but the left most "Jensen" is still clearly visible. So I tried quitting the game, going under desktop settings in NVIDIA Control Panel and reducing overall Gamma/Brightness/etc, then started up DX:HR again and got better, more satisfying picture. But then when I'm watching a cutscene, the colors get too dark and I can't see much. Seriously, EIDOS/NIXXES, you could've done a simple brightness filter check on cutscenes vs. in-game picture before this game went gold. It takes less than a day for a 1 hour film project, it should take less than a month if you dedicate one person on your team to do that (1 month as in, 21 work days, not even 30 days... And less than that too, if he or she has graduated from at least high school...)
FOV. Ok, seriously, 100 is nice, but on multi monitor support, FOV needs a higher limit, at least 120 if I want to run this game on 3 monitors. Which I plan on to. 100 will not cut it.
In the beta, walking into my apartment or walking into Sarif Industries would replenish my energy cells to full, but not in the final release. Why did you remove this feature?
Skippable intro. Every game has this available from a third party. Nicer PC devs will usually include a -nointro option into their executable, but I don't know of one yet that works for DX:HR. Maybe you guys never planned on it.

Agree about first, but i disagree about second because i hated that i wanted to scroll down message but instead it scrolled to next message.
About DX11 it was alreadyt known that it won't be anything special and groundbraking. Tessellation is one of those things people talk now but will be implemented by default in games only after few years because now it just kills performance.
About SSAO, it seems they just made bad level adjusting to that post process rendering and those mistakes have been seen in a lot of games where self shadowing aura actually looks like some smudged goo around object and not really a shadow.
Never experienced Brightness problems in leak but some people did and seeing that you do in retail version and you have nVidia card i bet it is a problem with exactly nVidia cards. Want to hear if someone with AMD graphics also have such problem.

breckster
24th Aug 2011, 16:36
i dont think its any option you can specifically turn off that speeds up loading am afraid..

First of all, great game!

The game is crashing less as of the last patch it seems. However, loading speeds are still an issue. I'm perplexed actually, why the game has to load at all. Like when I have literally turned a corner, and get my head blown off... 45 seconds of loading. The game should be able to keep that many environmental changes in memory, and simply reset. It is a bit too long of a loading time in my opinion.

Daravon
24th Aug 2011, 16:57
Nice work.

Ty

I just want to express my agreement with this, and my hope that the devs will address these issues in a future patch. That said, the game is fun and I'm happy with my purchase.

Beanbean
24th Aug 2011, 17:08
Nice work.

Ty

I've heard that updating drivers has fixed the dots with tessellation.
A Dev by the name of Jimo posted in the mouse thread about how there is not mouse acceleration or smoothing. The problem comes down to how all the effects are loaded into the frame buffer, or something like that.

The speed boost thing really needs to be sorted out.

Autosniper247
24th Aug 2011, 17:15
hey "jaycw2309" r you guys working on a patch for those of us who can't even play the game yet?

i can't even play yet..i can get all the way up to selecting the difficulty and then it starts the loading screen and flips through the tips but after loading for around 15-20 seconds it crashes out into my desktop...i thought it was prob just a graphics problem so i updated my nvidia GeForce 9600gt drivers but that hasn't helped at all. I've also tried: re-installing the game, defragged game, defragged entire HDD, tried verifying the integrity of the cache file, updated with you last patch, creating a new user (as that helped for some ppl), and i even tried running it in winXP sp2 and sp3 compatibility mode and none of that has worked at all :(:(:(:(:(:(

but from what i've seen just looking at the main menu, and watching the tutorials for the main menu the game looks like it will be a lot of fun to play (that is IF i ever get that far)

and idk if this helps any but my sys specs are:
intel core 2 extreme cpu (quad core 3.00 Ghz)
GeForce 9600gt Graphics card
OS is win server 08 r2 (i know this MIGHT be my prob but i dont think it really is)

neilthecellist
24th Aug 2011, 17:30
Agree about first, but i disagree about second because i hated that i wanted to scroll down message but instead it scrolled to next message.
About DX11 it was alreadyt known that it won't be anything special and groundbraking. Tessellation is one of those things people talk now but will be implemented by default in games only after few years because now it just kills performance.
About SSAO, it seems they just made bad level adjusting to that post process rendering and those mistakes have been seen in a lot of games where self shadowing aura actually looks like some smudged goo around object and not really a shadow.
Never experienced Brightness problems in leak but some people did and seeing that you do in retail version and you have nVidia card i bet it is a problem with exactly nVidia cards. Want to hear if someone with AMD graphics also have such problem.

Ok, then how about WASD to scroll through in my emails? In the beta, you could use W/S to cycle through emails, "E" to "select" an email, then from there, you could use Mouse Wheel Up and Mouse Wheel Down (or W/S, again) to scroll up and down in the email. This was a very nice feature that even GMAIL supports in real life (not using E, but the Enter key, J and K to cycle through emails, PageUp/PageDown to scroll, but the idea is based on the same premise of maximum usability to the end-user)

DX11. I agree that it kills performance, but when you have a game that was being hyped for having DirectX11 support (with major focus on "depth of field" and "tessellation") I was expecting better graphics than at least the beta, but it was just the same, with upped detail on Adam's character model tessellation. Everyone else just got a texture upgrade, no actual tessellation improvements.

SSAO... My god, it looks terrible right now.

About the NVIDIA vs AMD card thing when it comes to picture quality and consistency, my friend has a Radeon 6850 and he's getting the same problem with in-game brightness being too high, even with Luminosity set all the way to minimum.

alfego
24th Aug 2011, 17:42
Hi. I have been looking forward to this game for a very long time. With everything they did to upgrade the game to play on P.C., I expected it would be fantastic. And it might very well be, if I could play it.

However the speeding up when moving diagonal [which i always do} truly removes the immersion, but worse than that its the feel of the mouse that kills me.

The Y and X axis are on different levels and the whole feel is very off. The movement is a bug which is obviously not intended. This needs to be patched and fixed..Was the person responsible for mouse control out on disability??? How in the world can serious P.C. players test this game and let this get through. Please fix this. I realize its hard wired for controller, but you cant let this overflow into the mouse. With the bugged movement and mouse it reminds me of 1994......

Thanks,
Alfego

P.S. I've tried some of the supposed "fixes". Putting a band aid on a stab wound just doesn't cut it for this game.

Quickjager
24th Aug 2011, 17:45
So your not experiencing crashes? lucky bastard...

anyway I haven't heard of anymore support than the patch they gave early this morning

kostak1
24th Aug 2011, 19:37
where do u find the patch? Steam is not doing it automaticaly.

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 20:08
where do u find the patch? Steam is not doing it automaticaly.

Steam is totally automatic as long as you are online (not playing offline), and your account is connecting to servers fine and your copy is all legit etc.. Where you based?

When you start the game you will see the version number in the bottom right of the screen.

KaptKirk51
24th Aug 2011, 20:36
I have taken all the previously recommended steps. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, steam client up-to-date, drivers up-to-date, restarted steam, verified install files, installed the patch, tried the other user account trick, and none of it works.

System Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.21 GHz
8 GB RAM
win7 64bit
ATI Radeon 4890 HD 1GB

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: dxhr.exe
Application Version: 1.1.620.0
Application Timestamp: 4e53c8bd
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2264
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 00000008
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2264
Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
Additional Information 3: 875f
Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Is a fix for this problem in the works? It's ridiculous that I can't even start the game I just shelled out 50 bucks for on my high-end gaming rig. Do you seriously not check this stuff before shipping it?

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2011, 21:52
Thats a new `module` thats failing as far as i can see..
just did a quick check on this error and i found this

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1919432.html

Suggests trying to run the game in compatibility mode? give that a go.. why its doing that i dont fully understand but if it helps get you started whilst we work on things our end thas better then nothing for now..

KaptKirk51
24th Aug 2011, 22:22
Running in compatibility mode (Vista SP2) seems to work I am now at the main menu getting ready to start playing. This is good enough for the meantime, but it means I cannot run it with DX11 unfortunately :mad2:

Any idea on how to fix my original problem, or how soon a fix will be implemented?

I will post any other issues that I run into. Also, if a technician needs more info to try and fix my module failure don't hesitate to give them my email. I have enough knowledge and time to help them out.

nuchbutter
24th Aug 2011, 22:37
"please please please, let me, let me, let me...
let me
Get what I want this time!"

Morrissey, The Smiths

um, for me, that would be, of course,

Map my axes and buttons, and give me configuration options worthy of a $50 AAA title!

Saloei
25th Aug 2011, 00:37
i hate steam

KaptKirk51
25th Aug 2011, 00:57
UPDATE:

I can now start the game in compatibility mode (Vista SP2). I can make it through the first cut-scene, as soon as I start moving my character it crashes to desktop every single time. No error messages or anything.

:mad2: Can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am in Eidos/square enix. Who in my mind used to be reputable, and consumer friendly developers.:(

Please fix this train wreck........please

hashi
25th Aug 2011, 01:04
UPDATE:

I can now start the game in compatibility mode (Vista SP2). I can make it through the first cut-scene, as soon as I start moving my character it crashes to desktop every single time. No error messages or anything.

:mad2: Can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am in Eidos/square enix. Who in my mind used to be reputable, and consumer friendly developers.:(

Please fix this train wreck........please

Get Windows 7 bro. Vista is just not your friend.