PDA

View Full Version : Triple-Widescreen reslution issue

tet5uo
23rd Aug 2011, 13:48
I was pretty excited to see that you guys were partnering with AMD to make sure the game supported multiple-monitor resolutions.

I like to play all my games in 5760x1080 resolution on 3 screens, and even though I am using Nvidia cards, I figured that it would be carried over since there is really no difference in the way a game needs to work to support this resolution with either Brand of card.

Unfortunately I guess I was wrong. As with my NVidia set-up the HUD is not being properly placed on the central monitor. :mad2:

http://s2.postimage.org/5iyuckrw8/2011_08_23_00001.jpg

Why would the game scale the HUD properly for only AMD triple-wide users??! Any other game that has purposely been made to support 3-screen spanned resolutions doesn't care what kind of card I have, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for example will properly center the HUD on any triple wide setup.

Don't tell me I've got to be a casualty of some AMD/Nvidia turf-war here. :confused: My neck is going to be sore from whipping my head around to see the HUD.

gpk
23rd Aug 2011, 15:11
Guh, say it aint so?
The reason I pre-ordered this is because of the eyefinity video w/ centered hud.
Is there is a manual setting we can change or other fix available?
This seems like a big "oversight", and we all hope it's not an AMD vs nVidia thing...

gpk

P.S. I also had to set my desktop resolution to the same as my bezel corrected triple-wide resolution to get the game to display properly (took me a few minutes to remmeber that trick); that would be a nice thing to fix too.

tet5uo
23rd Aug 2011, 16:41
Yeah, I hope it's just an oversight.. would take them nothing to fix this. They've already centered the HUD, but seemingly with some method of detecting triple-wide based on asking the AMD driver if there's an eyefinity group instead of just detecting the aspect ratio of the resolution to see how many screens it is.

Without AMD, it seems the game just puts the HUD on the outside edges like it would normally in single-screen.

tet5uo
23rd Aug 2011, 20:32
Okay, I've seen someone with eyefinity is also reporting the HUD being on the outer monitors, so it looks more like a bug now.

NixxesSoftware
23rd Aug 2011, 20:43
EyeFinity does not have the HUD on the outer monitor when used correctly. If he gets that result EyeFinity is not setup correctly for him. The game integrates with AMD specific APIs to access the primary monitor location, bezel sizes, etc.

The game will list EyeFinity enabled in the setup dialog specifically.

The UI as well as some other things get placed on the primary monitor, while up to 5 additional monitors are used for peripheral vision.

Since these features are implemented using AMD specific APIs these are not currently available on NVidia hardware.

tet5uo
23rd Aug 2011, 20:49
EyeFinity does not have the HUD on the outer monitor when used correctly. If he gets that result EyeFinity is not setup correctly for him. The game integrates with AMD specific APIs to access the primary monitor location, bezel sizes, etc.

The UI as well as some other things get placed on the primary monitor, while up to 5 additional monitors are used for peripheral vision.

Since these features are implemented using AMD specific APIs these are not currently available on NVidia hardware.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Any plans to patch in proper HUD placement for NVsurround triple-wide setups in the future? I'd be willing to hold off on my playthrough to wait so I can experience the game properly.

kwaz
23rd Aug 2011, 20:58
I'm using eyefinity (bezel compensated 6008x1080 on 2x 6950 with 11.8 drivers) and the HUD elements are on the outer monitors for me as well. Eyefinity doesn't appear in the setup unless I disable crossfire. Is there any way I can get the HUD centered with a crossfire setup?

Monster_Mash
23rd Aug 2011, 21:17
I have the same problem as kwaz. I'm using Eyefinity 6008x1080 bezel compensated with Catalyst 11.8 and 11.7 CAP3 application profiles. The HUD is not centered when I use crossfire on my 2 x 6950's. Setup also does not list Eyefinity. To play on these very high resolutions, you pretty much require Crossfire/SLI. I hope we can get this fixed soon, because the game is very difficult to play on this high resolution with only 1 card.

Edit: Saw that new 11.8 CAP 2 was recently released. This has fixed the problem.

You can find the download link here: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx

gpk
23rd Aug 2011, 22:55

While the explanation is very much appreciated (god knows Bioware doesn't even acknowledge an uncentered hud) it seems a rather odd approach programming-wise to implement code to center the hud and not allow an INI setting or other path to apply said hud centering code...

It's really rather disapointing for me, and I imagine for many others as well.

kwaz
23rd Aug 2011, 23:09
11.8 CAP2 didn't solve the problem for me. I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling my drivers, but no luck.

The Eyefinity configuration is exactly the same whether Crossfire is enabled or not, but it only appears in the setup when Crossfire is disabled. What am I doing wrong here?

Downtown1
24th Aug 2011, 03:19
Can we please get some guidance on how to correctly enable EyeFinity so that Deus Ex will see it? I am using 11.8 and CAP2 on a 5970 card, I am not seeing "eyefinity" in the se

Monster_Mash
24th Aug 2011, 04:09
If other people are having problems these are the complete steps I performed:

1) Uninstall AMD 11.7 CAP3
2) Install AMD 11.8 CAP2
3) Restart my computer because I was prompted.
4) Re-build my Eyefinity group. To do this I just broke my existing extended group, and went through the complete Eyefinity setup again. I'm pretty sure this step is irrelevant, but I'm including it here anyways.
5) Start Deus Ex: HR setup, "(Eyefinity)" now shows up after all resolutions above 1920x1080.
6) Chose my bezel compensated resolution (5980x1080). I continued my save and HUD is now centered. Game also appears smoother but that just might be my imagination.

After reading these posts I thought that perhaps my CF settings got disabled somehow. I just tried Deus EX: HR with RadeonPro's CF meter and it's showing load on both GPU's. In addition, GPU-Z is showing load on both GPU's, so I guess Crossfire is working.

I hope this helps someone else figure it out.

Fursnake
24th Aug 2011, 04:26
Can we please get some guidance on how to correctly enable EyeFinity so that Deus Ex will see it? I am using 11.8 and CAP2 on a 5970 card, I am not seeing "eyefinity" in the se

I am also using a 5970 card with an Eyefinity setup and I can't get the game to recognize Eyefinity in the setup or get the UI centered on the center monitor either. It's not game breaking, but it is a bit immersion breaking for a really immersive game such as this. Here's hoping a fix is forthcoming.

tet5uo
24th Aug 2011, 07:10
Well since they don't appear to care about nvidia users I guess you guys can use my thread to discuss eyefinity :)

Fursnake
24th Aug 2011, 19:10
Ehhh yeah some of ATI users did come in and sort of hijack your thread hehe. But we are all having the same issues and hey, more attention to the thread from posts will hopefully get them to look into the issue sooner.

Here's hoping they fix this for ATI ANd Nvidia users.

tet5uo
24th Aug 2011, 21:42
Yeah, I fail to see why they wouldn't want to have the game looking it's best on any PC. I have hope that since the Nixxes rep said "Not currently available" that it actually means there are plans to rectify this in the future.

gpk
25th Aug 2011, 03:11
Ok, here is the weird part, when you're hit by an EMP blast the damaged "hud" is properly centered on the middle screen...
I'm sure it's not the same "hud" , but still funny...

tet5uo
25th Aug 2011, 20:44
I mean, you don't need to have such amazing support as AMD does with querying the driver to find out the composition of the monitor layout... other games like BFBC2 and Dirt3 have other ways of figuring where the HUD is placed just by checking the aspect ratio of the current resolution.

Fursnake
25th Aug 2011, 21:47
Odly enough the HUD only centers itself when I die hehe.

Downtown1
27th Aug 2011, 00:56
The XP bar is centered (well, its on the right side of the middle monitor) oddly enough..... sigh.

tet5uo
27th Aug 2011, 01:23
At least this is keeping the Nvidia-surround user's plight on the first page.

Downtown1
27th Aug 2011, 06:57
At least this is keeping the Nvidia-surround user's plight on the first page.

I'm an ATI user and I'm in the same boat, :mad2:

shane_hay
27th Aug 2011, 22:10
If other people are having problems these are the complete steps I performed:

1) Uninstall AMD 11.7 CAP3
2) Install AMD 11.8 CAP2
3) Restart my computer because I was prompted.
4) Re-build my Eyefinity group. To do this I just broke my existing extended group, and went through the complete Eyefinity setup again. I'm pretty sure this step is irrelevant, but I'm including it here anyways.
5) Start Deus Ex: HR setup, "(Eyefinity)" now shows up after all resolutions above 1920x1080.
6) Chose my bezel compensated resolution (5980x1080). I continued my save and HUD is now centered. Game also appears smoother but that just might be my imagination.

After reading these posts I thought that perhaps my CF settings got disabled somehow. I just tried Deus EX: HR with RadeonPro's CF meter and it's showing load on both GPU's. In addition, GPU-Z is showing load on both GPU's, so I guess Crossfire is working.

I hope this helps someone else figure it out.

These steps fixed the HUD on the outer monitors issue for me as well, though I had to update my catalyst drivers first, then do the 11.8 CAP2. I think the key is the rebuilding of the Eyefinity display group so that game can figure out which monitor is the middle one. Everything is running great now.

-shane

tet5uo
27th Aug 2011, 23:59
I wonder when some enterprising soul will figure out how to hack the game and fix the HUD for Nvidia users who want triple-wide.

/hint

Fursnake
28th Aug 2011, 01:33
These steps fixed the HUD on the outer monitors issue for me as well, though I had to update my catalyst drivers first, then do the 11.8 CAP2. I think the key is the rebuilding of the Eyefinity display group so that game can figure out which monitor is the middle one. Everything is running great now.

-shane

I did this enough times to get sick of doing it and it did not fix the issue for me.

tet5uo
28th Aug 2011, 18:34
So did we NVidia users not pay the same price for our game?

Why do we get less for the money? How much AMD pay you guys to support only their HD3D and Eyefinity?

Downtown1
30th Aug 2011, 02:32
Do Nvidia users get triple wide resolution (and the HUD isn't centered), or is it actively blocked (black bars on side monitors) like in Witcher 2?

tet5uo
30th Aug 2011, 15:41
You can use the resolution, and it scales the FOV properly. But the HUD just doesn't get centered. So it's not the worst support, but needs a bit of work.

tet5uo
31st Aug 2011, 16:37
Seriously guys, why would you use such a crazy way to scale the hud on triple-wide setups.

There's so many simpler and cleaner ways of doing this that would be centering the HUD for nvidia users as well as your AMD users with xfire setups or whatnot who are also experiencing this spanned HUD issue.

Can you clarify if you are indeed going to consider fixing this issue or have I got to play this game on a single screen for eternity.

Fursnake
31st Aug 2011, 16:56
It would be nice if we could get any word on any progress on this issue (and others), devs are going kind of slow on the next patch considering the first patch was out within a day of release.

But I have not let the non-centered HUD stop me from enjoying the game, Ihav played enough games on Eyefinity with non-centered HUD's that it is an annoyance and not a game breaker for me, still playing i ton the triple monitors.

It seems that bezel adjustment is a big factor in the HUD issues, and maybe Crossfire in certain instances as well.

tet5uo
31st Aug 2011, 18:10
It would be nice if we could get any word on any progress on this issue (and others), devs are going kind of slow on the next patch considering the first patch was out within a day of release.

But I have not let the non-centered HUD stop me from enjoying the game, Ihav played enough games on Eyefinity with non-centered HUD's that it is an annoyance and not a game breaker for me, still playing i ton the triple monitors.

It seems that bezel adjustment is a big factor in the HUD issues, and maybe Crossfire in certain instances as well.

Meh, center the HUD for 48:9 and almost every other res will work.

Fursnake
31st Aug 2011, 19:48
Meh, center the HUD for 48:9 and almost every other res will work.

Now if only that aspect ratio was offered in the game options hehe.

mxi
1st Sep 2011, 12:54
Regarding the nvidia hud thingie. I remember watching some teasers claiming the game would support surround/eyefinity. Somehow i feel a little cheated (but that might be just my high expectations) and a bit curious: Is it nvidia's fault for not providing some APIs or whatever or the feature was just forgotten. I believe it isn't exactly rocket science since Invisibile War had quite an easy manual config.

Anyways, It's been a long wait and I don't mind waiting a bit more. All i ask of you is to give us your take on this issue. Are you going to address it or are you gonna let this one slide.

tet5uo
2nd Sep 2011, 08:59
Yes, please ;)

tet5uo
4th Sep 2011, 18:23
I'm not giving up on playing this properly on 3 screens.

I'm also not goign to buy an AMD card to do it with.

tet5uo
6th Sep 2011, 23:37
Maybe we need a petition :P

haha j/k. Bumpage though!

Vaelzan
7th Sep 2011, 05:19

-shane

This worked for me, initially. The game ran perfectly with the HUD centered. I played for an hour or so like this and loved it.

After exiting the game, the next time I opened the game, I had to go through the setup again and Eyefinity was gone, though the resolution remained detected. I'd rather not have to reinstall drivers, reboot, setup the Eyefinity group again (inc bezel comp), and setup Deus Ex, just to play for an hour or so.

I am using the latest drivers, a fresh Eyefinity display group, a one week old install of Windows 7 64-bit. The graphics cards are 2x 6950 in Crossfire. The resolution (with bezel compensation) that I was using is 6028x1200.

If anybody has any workarounds for this I'd love to hear of them.

tet5uo
13th Sep 2011, 01:12
Any word on plans to fix this up? Would be an easy thing to work-around needing to rely on the vendor-specific drivers to set up the HUD.

tet5uo
18th Sep 2011, 07:13
Well, I see in your future patch plans you want to add 3dVision and NVsurround support, that's what I wanted to hear! :)

I can stop being annoying now, haha.