PDA

View Full Version : Deceiver in the game :o

Diexna
23rd Apr 2014, 10:26
So there was literally just a new update, 500 MB or so according to Steam.

Looking through the store there was nothing new available, but if you check the Armory tab the Deciever has been added, with two options to unlock the class. Gold/Runestones or Class Artifact, only the Class Artifact seems to do anything so far, but it simply resulted in an error.

The ingame choices for Vampires didn't allow for a pick for Deceiver, probably since it's not unlocked/available yet.

Still no sight of Prophet.

LEMME PLAY THEM ALREADY D:

lucinvampire
23rd Apr 2014, 10:36
*claws at the screen*
Deceiver Deceiver want to play Deceiver…are SE deceiving us to his existence in game atm?? :p sorry couldn’t resist

Zulmaluka
23rd Apr 2014, 10:45
Hey, cant unlock or do anything with him either, is patch fully deployed or is it kinda buggy atm? I see him on list but with no direct access for unlocking so far? ^^

Diexna
23rd Apr 2014, 10:48
Just as I said. He's apparently been added to the game to some degree, but we can't access him yet.

Either we have to wait for another patch for him to become truly available, or the devs just have to flick a switch to activate him for us. All we can do now is wait and see (unless someone more informed could help us out? ;d)

Diaphonos
23rd Apr 2014, 10:50
Any sign of the new skins in there yet?

WhiteFlameKyo
23rd Apr 2014, 10:51
Prepare for humans vs 4 deceivers battles!

@Diaphonos: no new skins spotted in the store.

Diaphonos
23rd Apr 2014, 10:52
Prepare for humans vs 4 deceivers battles!

@Diaphonos: no new skins spotted in the store.

Suddenly, 8 humans standing around... Awkwarrrdddd. :D

Diexna
23rd Apr 2014, 10:53
Any sign of the new skins in there yet?

There's probably a number of balance changes, but without patch notes it'd be hard to tell. I haven't found anything new in the store, equipment or skins.

The only things I have found are that you can see a Deceiver tab under the Armory for the vampire classes (which can't be unlocked yet). And upon entering/exiting a lobby, a small sound is played.

DeVelox
23rd Apr 2014, 10:54
Considering the size of the update I wouldn't be surprised enabling the classes was just a server-side matter. However, it would make sense to release both at the same time, no?

Jmthebigman
23rd Apr 2014, 11:18
skins and abilities arent in the store either so...

Vampmaster
23rd Apr 2014, 11:20
skins and abilities arent in the store either so...

Or are they? You never know with those sneaky Zephonim!

Saruwatari
23rd Apr 2014, 11:32
Ah i was wondering what the patch was for, because i didnt fnd anything new :D
I guess they patched in his files already so they can activate him later on

Also i just crashed when searching for a game, lobby just full of "text field"
Now i can't connect to the online suite

Stalkah
23rd Apr 2014, 14:12
Server is at Maintance i think with the last 500mb patch they added the Deciever but they didnt unlocked it, and with the patch from today they added the Prophet. Maybe they unlock them both SOOON.

Diexna
23rd Apr 2014, 14:38
With the new blog post they added...

Deceiver available today.

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :D

lucinvampire
23rd Apr 2014, 14:53
Suddenly, 8 humans standing around... Awkwarrrdddd. :D

:lol: - yep it's sooooooooo going to be this for at least the next week :p :D

Diexna
23rd Apr 2014, 14:58
Deceiver unlocked.

:>

Vampmaster
23rd Apr 2014, 15:02
Do we have the full list of his abilities? I can't check while I'm at work.

Saruwatari
23rd Apr 2014, 15:08
time to have 4 Deceivers every round xD

Vampmaster
23rd Apr 2014, 15:10
Does the deceiver's chat also appear as the person you're copying?

Diexna
23rd Apr 2014, 15:15
I found two additional abilities available in the store before I went into a game.

Dominate Mind (which I haven't tried yet), and Phase which exchanges Illusions.

Phase turns you invisible for 6 seconds and damages any nearby humans you stand close to!

Wheel_of_Kain
23rd Apr 2014, 15:17
This is going to be just like when monks were released in WoW. Every dungeon run from lvl 15 to at least 60 is filled with monks exclusively..

lucinvampire
23rd Apr 2014, 15:19
Do we have the full list of his abilities? I can't check while I'm at work.

Really really REALLY want to get home from work also so I can test him out :D

Does the deceiver's chat also appear as the person you're copying?

That would so get abused…someone would start trolling players under your name and then you'd get reported when in fact it wasn’t really you :scratch: heh

Diexna
23rd Apr 2014, 15:20
This is going to be just like when monks were released in WoW. Every dungeon run from lvl 15 to at least 60 is filled with monks exclusively..

I admit I played only Deceiver as a Vampire, but when I was a human the enemy vampires seemed to only try it real quick before giving it up and going to Reaver again. Suckers. :p

I can say I haven't found any trace of the new skins aside from 4 skins for Deceiver. Only two new abilities are available in the store, Dominate Mind which has:

Cooldown 20
Damage 50/sec
Duration 6

And Phase which has

Cooldown 25
Duration 6
And apparently deals 20 damage per tick to nearby humans, quite a lot.

You appear as a shadowy form, not 100% invisible but very hard to spot.

Vampmaster
23rd Apr 2014, 15:28
Is backstab the RMB ability?

WhiteFlameKyo
23rd Apr 2014, 15:37
:lol: - yep it's sooooooooo going to be this for at least the next week :p :D

Already happened. Also, four players used Illusions. Enjoy your 12 deceivers!

Is backstab the RMB ability?

No. RMB are Dominate Mind and Disguise. Phase and Illusions are F. Backstab is Q (the only Q skill to date),

By the way, I think I'm officially the first deceiver to have died. Not sure if I should be proud.

Diexna
23rd Apr 2014, 15:45
Just noticed something else that I didn't know.

Deceive (the infiltration spell, RMB) turns you COMPLETELY invisible for 5 seconds upon pressing and holding the RMB. When you let go, and only then you turn into a human.

Wheel_of_Kain
23rd Apr 2014, 15:46
I admit I played only Deceiver as a Vampire, but when I was a human the enemy vampires seemed to only try it real quick before giving it up and going to Reaver again. Suckers. :p

I can say I haven't found any trace of the new skins aside from 4 skins for Deceiver. Only two new abilities are available in the store, Dominate Mind which has:

Cooldown 20
Damage 50/sec
Duration 6

And Phase which has

Cooldown 25
Duration 6
And apparently deals 20 damage per tick to nearby humans, quite a lot.

You appear as a shadowy form, not 100% invisible but very hard to spot.

Well, since the evolved skins (if that's what you're on about) are given to you when your respective vampire reaches
lvl 20, I'd imagine that you simply get it into your armory, meaning you can't view it till you get it. But that's merely an assumption.

Diexna
23rd Apr 2014, 15:49
Well, since the evolved skins (if that's what you're on about) are given to you when your respective vampire reaches
lvl 20, I'd imagine that you simply get it into your armory, meaning you can't view it till you get it. But that's merely an assumption.

I do have level 20 sentinel, but I couldn't find anything.

I'd say they're just not out yet.

Wheel_of_Kain
23rd Apr 2014, 15:56
I do have level 20 sentinel, but I couldn't find anything.

I'd say they're just not out yet.

Ah, makes sense. The blog article did state only the deciever release and patch notes mentioned only buffs and nerfs, so I guess they were not planned to be released this particular patch.

Diexna
23rd Apr 2014, 16:04
I just came out of a game as a Deceiver with 15/1/8 score.

THIS.

IS.

AMAZING.

Seriously props to the devs. I'm maining Deceiver from here on out, this is SO MUCH FUN.

Now to learn the class a bit more before I can begin work on the Deceiver introduction video.

Saruwatari
23rd Apr 2014, 16:55
Just noticed something else that I didn't know.

Deceive (the infiltration spell, RMB) turns you COMPLETELY invisible for 5 seconds upon pressing and holding the RMB. When you let go, and only then you turn into a human.

Another thing: if you try to tranform and hide behind a corner until a good moment, the humans will see you through the wall, like ally vision.
And it's a pretty dead giveaway having an 'ally' stand so far away hiding behind a corner :P
just as a tip

Vampmaster
23rd Apr 2014, 17:06
Another thing: if you try to tranform and hide behind a corner until a good moment, the humans will see you through the wall, like ally vision.
And it's a pretty dead giveaway having an 'ally' stand so far away hiding behind a corner :P
just as a tip

So basically they'll see you coming if they're not busy fighting your team mates?

Psyonix_Corey
23rd Apr 2014, 17:07
Another Q skill is coming in a future update

Saruwatari
23rd Apr 2014, 17:10
So basically they'll see you coming if they're not busy fighting your team mates?

Pretty much, they'll either see your outline pop up through the wall or see you camping around that corner.
So the best use is really letting someone engage and the use the invisibility to get in unnoticed i guess

Diexna
23rd Apr 2014, 17:19

I have a number of times already used Disguise only for the invisibility to just walk up behind a human before they can even suspect anyone is behind them. If you're not quick enough getting behind them though, they'll see you just appear in front of them.

Any hints as to what? :p

Also, a completely unrelated question: For video purposes, is there any way to turn off the UI in the game?

WhiteFlameKyo
23rd Apr 2014, 17:36

Good to know. I can't hit anyone with that eldritch blade most of the time.

Diexna
23rd Apr 2014, 17:47
Good to know. I can't hit anyone with that eldritch blade most of the time.

Yeah, the sweetspot for the bonus damage is really hard to get, and you sometimes miss people completely because it's a forward stab that just sort of glances them at times, dealing no damage.

Also, Dominate Mind is cool, but it's also problematic to use. Seems a little buggy to get working at times. When it does work you can sort of confuse the enemies to think that their own ally is a Deceiver with the way they're trying to get behind one another... :p

Saruwatari
23rd Apr 2014, 17:53
I really like the idea behind the Deceiver, but atm i just can't get into him.
Disguise is just really easy to see through, especially if you lurk around corners as 'human' which many Deceivers seem to try.
The real humans will see your Outline as ally vision blowing your cover immediately because why would a human lurk around alone.

Then, even if you successfully infiltrate their backlines, most of the time they shoot 1-2 bullets at each other just to test, which again will immediately blow your disguise.
Only time i can really get this to work is just using the stealth part to backstab instead of actually using the Disguise, really.

Illusion has the same problem i think, it's just pretty obvious which is the real one, imo
Combined with how fragile he is, i just die most of the time trying to go in unnoticed

Maybe i just suck though and he's not really my cup of tea :p
I'll play around with him some more, but what are your thoughts?
Any tips?

Diexna
23rd Apr 2014, 18:06
So far what I've been doing with Disguise is that I just use it to quickly get in, get a Backstab, then pop either illusions or phase while hopefully the rest of the team engages.

You don't want to stick around with disguise to make them believe you're one of them, they'll catch on quickly when there's 5 humans standing around. Use the invisibility to get into position, try and make sure you don't pop out of thin air while anyone is looking, and kill someone, quickly.

Saruwatari
23rd Apr 2014, 18:21
So far what I've been doing with Disguise is that I just use it to quickly get in, get a Backstab, then pop either illusions or phase while hopefully the rest of the team engages.

You don't want to stick around with disguise to make them believe you're one of them, they'll catch on quickly when there's 5 humans standing around. Use the invisibility to get into position, try and make sure you don't pop out of thin air while anyone is looking, and kill someone, quickly.

Makes sense, i'll try to get my combo off quicker, thanks for the advice^^
Still gotta practice my aim with backstab or it'll all be for nought anyway :P

Gugulug5000
24th Apr 2014, 02:42
Glad to see it's finally here. I wonder if they'll be teasing us with the evolved Deceiver skin soon...

Sorrowgate
24th Apr 2014, 03:45
What I tend to do is get as close as possible out of site, pop stealth around a corner or just before dropping from a rooftop (just be careful of doing a traverse jump), position myself for backstab in stealth, then unleash and finish off with melee swings. 5 seconds feels like more than enough time to position. Disguise seems alright for following isolated humans.

I haven't tried illusions, bought phase right away, but I've had a few good uses of phase. I tend to use it either to become a walking AoE when humans are grouped up after my initial target is dead or very low, or use it to become a harder target if they focus me. It's also the Deceiver's bola breaking traverse while active skill, pretty handy overall.

Dominate mind can be really scary sometimes. My friend reacted in a pretty funny way when he was forced to stand in a choking haze :P happened twice in the same game! Then he and another friend decided to do the same trick on the vamp side in the second round and it's their new favourite thing to do. To top it off that thing can be charged while moving? Ouch.

Edit: Just thought that the choking haze combo might not be intended. Dominate Mind breaks on other sources of damage, right?

XJadeDragoonX
24th Apr 2014, 04:59
my only issue with the deciever is backstab. when it hits, its great. but it seems to have a serious framerate issue or hitbox issue because hitting with it is a pain in the ass. but most of the melee in this game seems to have become more difficult and frustrating for some reason.

Acambogenous
24th Apr 2014, 05:52
my only issue with the deciever is backstab. when it hits, its great. but it seems to have a serious framerate issue or hitbox issue because hitting with it is a pain in the ass. but most of the melee in this game seems to have become more difficult and frustrating for some reason.
I agree with this. Sometimes, the backstab "blade" would be directly in the other character's model and still do no damage. I understand that success with the move is contingent on where hitboxes are placed and not contact between the models, but the move has a very unrefined feel to it. This should definitely be a priority for the Deceiver's next update.

Dominate Mind was very fun to play around with, though when BEING dominated, rather than walk, my character would slide. Fundamentally, my character was moving; visually, it did not look good.

Calverp
24th Apr 2014, 08:28

Haven't had a huge amount of time to confirm this, but has anyone else noticed a louder footstep just as the backstab begins? While playing as Alch earlier I seemed to notice this and avoided pretty much every backstab due to turning towards the sound or just instinctively rolling.

Vampmaster
24th Apr 2014, 09:06
It's probably just me, but I thought the back stab move seemed a bit slow. Enemies would see the blade and dodge it before you could finish the attack. It seemed a bit of a let-down after already doing the hard work to get the enemy to actually fall for the disguise.

Wheel_of_Kain
24th Apr 2014, 12:34
It's probably just me, but I thought the back stab move seemed a bit slow. Enemies would see the blade and dodge it before you could finish the attack. It seemed a bit of a let-down after already doing the hard work to get the enemy to actually fall for the disguise.

Considering the vicious damage of backstab when hitting from behind, I think the delay between activation and damage is needed. You shave off over 500 hp, so consider it a risk reward kind of move, I guess? What should be looked at is the hitbox. If we compare it to other single target attack, like Puncture, Backstab is much harder to actually hit with, in my experience at least.

lucinvampire
7th May 2014, 19:14
I am curious to know whether the Zephonim will get a cool symbol "upgrade" design (like the other three featured clans)?

Example:

Also I’m hoping the Deceiver will get an evolved skin, is this going to happen *fingers crossed*…I’d love to see what guy all adult like :D