magisD
23rd Aug 2011, 12:33
anybody have any idea on this ?

Win ultimate 64 bit
DX9 and 11 tryed
Sli gtx 570s

magisD
23rd Aug 2011, 12:57
Oh come on somebodys gota have an idea ..... I can't even get past the first mission due to being unable to hack the door .

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 13:00
What drivers you running for your GTX 570?

magisD
23rd Aug 2011, 13:09
latest , 280.26

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 13:11
Its not something we've seen here, and its not something i think any other user is seeing or they would have posted too.. Have you tried disabling 1 card and trying non sli just to see if helps?

magisD
23rd Aug 2011, 13:31
yes i've tried disabling 1 card among other things nothing I do helps , just to note steam tries to install the Visual basic redistribable every single time I start the dam game.

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 13:56
yes i've tried disabling 1 card among other things nothing I do helps , just to note steam tries to install the Visual basic redistribable every single time I start the dam game.

Hm okay, the installing thing means its not getting chance to flag it as being done, so its constantly thinking it has to do it.. have you tried closing steam then running it as admin?

magisD
23rd Aug 2011, 13:59
Just to note , i have dual screens ( samsung 2343) and when playing the Cursor will show up on the edge of my second screen but not at all on the primary.

magisD
23rd Aug 2011, 14:07
Hm okay, the installing thing means its not getting chance to flag it as being done, so its constantly thinking it has to do it.. have you tried closing steam then running it as admin?

I fixed this portion of it,

IF i pay DX9 .. I can hack With an invisable cursor ... which is just insanely Hard .......

Eidos Support
23rd Aug 2011, 14:17

Try going in to the redist folder and manually installing the VB installer:

Typically: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\redist

You should also verify the games cached files, through Steam, and restarting Steam in case of a pending Steam update.

magisD
23rd Aug 2011, 14:50
Try going in to the redist folder and manually installing the VB installer:

Typically: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\redist

You should also verify the games cached files, through Steam, and restarting Steam in case of a pending Steam update.

Did that

wiped and reinstalled video drivers, double checked all steam updates etc ... still same problem , and invisable cusor while in computers/hacking. The cusor appears if I drag it to edge of screen ( but on second monitor) If i move it back into first screen it disappears ....

I even Hooked up a different monitor to try that and still no go ..... there some problem with the cursor or screen overlays .. there not showing in proper order if that makes any sense ? the cusors hidden behind the view i think.

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 14:55
Do you get a cursor in the front end? or in the pause menu?

magisD
23rd Aug 2011, 15:00
Do you get a cursor in the front end? or in the pause menu?

No no cusors at all .....

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 15:01
No no cusors at all .....

Thanks for getting back to me *passed on info*

magisD
23rd Aug 2011, 15:13
SO i'm SOL ....... dammit ....

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 15:18
SO i'm SOL ....... dammit ....

Okay there is a way to change the cursor type used in game by the registry.. am just getting details for you.. should enable you to get a cursor in game.. You used regedit much?

magisD
23rd Aug 2011, 15:20
Sweet thanks .... can use regedit np

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 15:21
Ok so I D/led and treyed the leaked beta as well same issue. I hate this i'm screwed ........ I preorder my dam game 6 months ago and am out $60 buck for an unplayable game .......

okie.. as soon as have exact info will pass it on.. it should hopefully sort you right out

magisD
23rd Aug 2011, 15:22
No it was a case of me putting up a message at the same time .... LOL

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 15:31
Okay run regedit

browse to
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR\Graphics

Look in here for a `EnableGDI_Cursor` option.. it will be set to 1.. change this to 0

Try the game again

magisD
23rd Aug 2011, 15:40
Okay run regedit

browse to
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR\Graphics

Look in here for a `EnableGDI_Cursor` option.. it will be set to 1.. change this to 0

Try the game again

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT you are the best ... it works

Thanks you

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 15:42
*collapse*

phew.. *ticks another box* :)

Steve Tack
24th Aug 2011, 00:29
I ran into the same problem. No cursor ever. When I got to the first required hacking section, I was dead in the water. Did the registry update and it fixed it for me as well.

I'm also on a GTX 570 (latest drivers). Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit. No SLI or multiple monitors though.

It's very nice to know about such an easy workaround! Thank you so much for posting this information.

eonomine
25th Aug 2011, 05:15
hey i'm running a GTX 465, latest drivers, win7 hp 32bit, had the same issue, fix worked, thanks eidos and thanks jaycw2309 its good to see a company with respect for support staff and customers instead of just taking it to PM or issuing a ticket and telling everyone to wait for a patch..

jaywalker2309
25th Aug 2011, 07:27
Eonomine - there are still somethings even i take to PM, if its discussing things a bit more detailed etc, however moment have an idea that will help of course its a public thing. Whole point of a forum is for discussion amongst the people etc..

I am not official customer services, we have a great bunch of guys/gals who do that. As i've said before there are more people who dont even know forums or communities exist then who do, so they only have 1 port of call for issues, CS.. but naturally our CS guys are on here, so if they see an issue get resolved they update their side of things and the circle is complete :)