PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Weapon Audio Lag?

butch4969
23rd Aug 2011, 12:32
Hey guys, just got the game, and I love it, but I'm having a problem that is rather annoying. The automatic weapons have a slight audio delay, fraction of a second, but still enough to be quite noticable. What's odd is that the single shot ones DO NOT have this problem, only automatic. The machine gun in the beginning and the SMG both do this. I looked at videos online to see if it was supposed to be like this, but those videos did not have that problem at all. Does anyone know what the problem is? My specs (as best as I can find) are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93 GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 6870
Sound card: integrated Realtek High definition Audio

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 12:44
Hey guys, just got the game, and I love it, but I'm having a problem that is rather annoying. The automatic weapons have a slight audio delay, fraction of a second, but still enough to be quite noticable. What's odd is that the single shot ones DO NOT have this problem, only automatic. The machine gun in the beginning and the SMG both do this. I looked at videos online to see if it was supposed to be like this, but those videos did not have that problem at all. Does anyone know what the problem is? My specs (as best as I can find) are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93 GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 6870
Sound card: integrated Realtek High definition Audio

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The RealTek chipset is so ubiquitous in terms of existence but the drivers for them are all over the shop.. You should try and get the very latest for your `version` of that chipset..

butch4969
23rd Aug 2011, 13:02
Hey I just wanted to say thank you, I think that may have fixed the problem. The AR in teh beginning of the game seems to be functioning properly now, yay!

Graphic
26th Aug 2011, 18:33
Upgrading Realtek drivers did NOT solve my issue.

Automatic weapon's firing sounds are still out of sync by about a half second.

TheMightyBlurb
27th Aug 2011, 00:44
Same problem. Updated sound and chipset drivers for my Gigabyte Z68p motherboard with no luck. I've also hooked up my Creative XFi sound card instead and it has the same problem. Such a small problem but so annoying.

WOPR
27th Aug 2011, 03:20
Same problem here. Using a Razer AC-1 Barracuda. Seems like a minor issue but has me holding off on playing the game until I can fix it.

TheMightyBlurb
28th Aug 2011, 21:32
I've found a work around, forcing dx9 seems to fix the audio lag issue.

lukeman3000
29th Aug 2011, 00:12
I also have onboard audio from realtek and updating drivers did not fix my issue either. I have the AC1200 codec and the driver version is 6.0.1.6438

Industriality
16th Sep 2011, 16:28
Welcome in our nightmare.

Eidos seems just not to care about that audio delay

Seelenbrecher
16th Sep 2011, 17:45
:(

DarkUltra
22nd Oct 2011, 15:50
Hi!

I have the same issue, thought I'd add my specs to this thread hoping there is a faint possibility the devs would fix this. I'm not sure whether this is a bug in the drivers or in the game. After I installed the latest graphics card drivers, i noticed I got a mouse lag when the OS waits for the HD...

I have tried running the game in DX9 mode, and with low graphical settings but no improvement.

Heres a video showing the problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVFYQL5zC6Q

Windows 7 64bit
Gigabyte ga-965p-ds4 chipset driver 9.2.0.1030
Auzentech x-fi hometheater HD with drivers 1.13
Core 2 quad q6700@3.4ghz
2GB ram
Geforce gtx 285 driver 260.99