PDA

View Full Version : SAVING & AUTOSAVES - All Q&As / Issues

KefkaticFanatic
23rd Aug 2011, 10:54
Well my post has two parts.

One, I'm only seeing 20 save slots instead of the 99 claimed by a dev here. I've already filled them all and have been forced to overwrite them :<

I was hoping to find the directory where the saves are located and just move them to a backup directory every time they fill up, as I like to have all of my saves and that's actually what I've done with Mass Effect 2. Not even 99 saves would work out for me, as I generally will have between 300-600 saves for a game like this :P

I found the Steam Cloud saves in %STEAMDIR%\steamdata\*number*\28050 but those are not the ones used by the game, as when moved or deleted they still show up in game. I've also looked in the %USERDIR%\Appdata folder and found in Local a 28050 and dxhr folder, but neither have the save data inside.

Any devs that can give me a clue or other users that may have found them? :)

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 10:58
Well my post has two parts.

One, I'm only seeing 20 save slots instead of the 99 claimed by a dev here. I've already filled them all and have been forced to overwrite them :<

I was hoping to find the directory where the saves are located and just move them to a backup directory every time they fill up, as I like to have all of my saves and that's actually what I've done with Mass Effect 2. Not even 99 saves would work out for me, as I generally will have between 300-600 saves for a game like this :P

I found the Steam Cloud saves in %STEAMDIR%\steamdata\*number*\28050 but those are not the ones used by the game, as when moved or deleted they still show up in game. I've also looked in the %USERDIR%\Appdata folder and found in Local a 28050 and dxhr folder, but neither have the save data inside.

Any devs that can give me a clue or other users that may have found them? :)

Hmm very strange i got the 99 number direct from the dev team.. so why you not seeing that is strange..

Remember the game is steamcloud based, so if you delete them, steam will sync back up again.. You'd have to disable syncing to be able to `backup` the saves etc without the system trying to keep `correcting` your changes

KefkaticFanatic
23rd Aug 2011, 11:01
Yea but as far as I know it only syncs when you close the game. The files are not restored after they are removed from that directory.

rokstrombo
23rd Aug 2011, 11:07
I can't answer your first question, however to find the save directory you can try searching for:

Autosaves:
GAMEA1
GAMEA2

Manual saves:
GAMER1
GAMER2
GAMER3...etc

Note that this is the naming schema used by the leaked preview build and may not apply to the final release.

They may be located under the %USERDIR%\Local Settings\Application Data directory, but perhaps under a different name (in the leaked preview build they are under the directory ALI213).

KefkaticFanatic
23rd Aug 2011, 11:17
Yea, I already did that search and all it turned up with was the Steam Cloud folder.
I haven't tried restarting the game after wiping the saves though, so maybe that's what needs to be done.

jaywalker2309
23rd Aug 2011, 11:33
Oh yeh mini update - the 99 slots didnt quite make the release version :) its 20 currently, will be 99 next update :)

FuzzyPuffin
23rd Aug 2011, 17:06
Anybody know where this is? Thanks.

EZero
23rd Aug 2011, 17:15
Hi all, so it seems that my game crashes whenever it tries to save, whether it is an auto save or a manual save. I can sort of work around the problem if I manual save right before / after an autosave and then load from that save. It is a big big hassle though as I have no idea when the next autosave is coming up.

IMPORTANT INFO: Steam, and the game is installed in F drive because my C drive is a SSD. Could this be an issue?

Anyways, I opened the minidump with Visual Studio and this is the information that I saw.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/capturelq.jpg/

If the minidump file itself is required then I'll attach it later when I get off work.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: Forgot to put in computer specs

AMD Phenom 2 X6 1090T @ 4.1ghz (Stable, temperatures are fine)
2x4GB ram
2x 5850 in crossfire
Running Catalyst 11.8
Windows 7 x64 w/ SP1 and latest updates.

RblDiver
23rd Aug 2011, 19:43
I had this issue too. I believe it has to do with the "cloud saves," as my game would save fine locally, but crash immediately after.

The way I got around this was to start Steam in offline mode and then launch the game. That made me able to save locally and not worry about the cloud save at all.

Aceyalone7777
24th Aug 2011, 23:23
Just a simple question, where does HR stores the gamesaves? Cause I tried to find the directory and I came up to nothing....

PS: PC version

FuzzyPuffin
25th Aug 2011, 00:41
The save games are in Steam\userdata\<some numers>\<some numbers>\remote.

If you are trying to use your beta saves, don't bother. I tried it and they weren't detected.

Aceyalone7777
25th Aug 2011, 01:55
Lol, I was trying exactly that...

EmperorLetoAtreidesII
25th Aug 2011, 03:36
I appologize in advance if this was asked (I have a feeling it was, but I suck at searches for some reason whenever I try).

Basically, I am looking to transfer my save file from my windows XP (I've been a slacker with upgrading it to 7 and I figured I'll get to it when I finally upgrade the actual hardware again too) to my Windows 7 laptop so I can play Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the go and then I also want to be able to transfer it back to my computer if I feel like playing it on my bigger monitor.

I can't find the save files so I'm wondering where they are :\ I thought the DXHR folder in application data on the XP and then move it into AppData (in the user folder) on Windows 7 under Local would be where I put that same folder and that'd be my safved files, but ya.

I'd really like to transfer and even back up my saves after all. Tbh, really pisses me off modern games seem to make it more and more frustrating to back up and even find your save files. I enjoyed the days where you just go to the folder the game was installed in and there'd be a folder called "Saves" you could just back up. Just saying.

Anyways, any help would be much appreciated.

jimo
25th Aug 2011, 07:30
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(software)#Steam_Cloud

trumansho
25th Aug 2011, 13:23
Hi, I'm having an issue where each time I press "continue" at the begining of the game it keeps loading the 1st autosave (mission 1) of the new game I started at first.

In fact, I started another game and im after mission 1 so it seems my first autosave has not been "rewriten" because each time I load it im in mission 1 of the ist new game I started... So, Im only playing with quicksaves right now.

Is there a way to delete the active autosave so the game creates a new one?

Thanks,

EmperorLetoAtreidesII
25th Aug 2011, 20:10
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(software)#Steam_Cloud

Thanks for being ******* useless....

that's not where it's saved or **** cause I apparently can't still use the save from my PC on my Laptop -_-

jaywalker2309
25th Aug 2011, 20:56
Thanks for being ******* useless....

that's not where it's saved or **** cause I apparently can't still use the save from my PC on my Laptop -_-

well thats nice of you. What was being pointed out to you was that the game uses steam cloud, so any saves you have made are saved against your steam account, so when you login on another authorised machine with the same account your saves are automatically there. You dont need to do anything yourself..

If you looked in your steam\userdata\<userid #>\28050\ folder you'd see the files. However as the game uses the cloud any manual changes you make would be automatically remedied unless you disabled steam cloud first..

EmperorLetoAtreidesII
26th Aug 2011, 00:15
When I tried logging on to another computer it didn't load save files. Not sure why it didn't. And I found that folder so moved that. Ill see if I can get steam cloud working and figure out why it isn't.

And sorry if I seemed rude, but I'm just blunt and I do kinda get tired of people who just post a link cause it has always come off as a bit of a smart a** kinda move.

breckster
26th Aug 2011, 05:07
Save issues:

Game is running alot better, but noticed this a couple of times:

Do a long slog through a hub or level. Save multiple times. Can load from those saves when in the game. However, if it crashes, and I reboot, and go to load the latest save, I am back to the saves I had when I started the session. So I lost about 3 hours of time tonight on a play that I have to go back through. This has happened a couple of times. Seems like it isn't really committing these to disk or the cloud until the game is exited?

imported_BoB_
26th Aug 2011, 12:28
Why did you locked the saves on PS3 ?
Seriously, who cares about the trophy-whores that edit their saves for winning them... I just finished Detroit, it is already a miracle that I have only 20 saves for almost 20 hours of gameplay (yeah, I searched a lot ^^ 46 000 XP and 30 000 credits and full stealth without firing a shot) I quit for copying my saves on a USB stick and can't.
And I don't understand why only PC gamers have now 99 slots, we also have a HDD for the most part (except some 360 players), 20 saves total and all playthrough combined, it is really not enough.

Besides, there is a large lack of informations about the saves, a screen capture would be nice and the numbers should change when you overwrite them. For example, if I overwrite the save number 1, then the save number 2 becomes number 1 because otherwise, it is really a mess for remembering which save is which if you didn't otherwrite them in the same order (that is one of the reasons why a screen capture would be greatly appreciated)
It's a pity that you can't renaming them like in the first game, it was really convenient.
And a playtime would be much more useful that the time of day ^^

Glavius
26th Aug 2011, 21:18
My save files appear to be corrupt

whenever I try and resume a save I get the following.

Wrong DRM version data 1829c4df, code 15
rebuild of pc-w\imf\imf_architecture\imf_interior\imf_detroit\im f_sarif_industries\imf_signs\decal_lab2b_a\decal_l ab2b_a.drm needed

I'm still unable to load past the very first area of the game. When loading the second level the game ALWAYS hard locks. any saves made during the first level are unplayable.

Emoren
27th Aug 2011, 18:30
Hi there

I payed this game now for over 12 hours. There were really many crashes. So I saved the game as often as I could. Now something happend. After making a quicksave with F5, the game crashed. Windows went into bluescreen (this is the first time i have seen a bluescreen with my brand new pc!). after rebooting, and starting steam and the game, all my save games have disapeard! I deinstalled the game, downloaded ist once again from steam, but it didn't solve the problem. now this is crap people...very very annoying...i'm sorry, my english is not that good. hope you understand my problem. can someone help?

regards,
emoren

unhappy_customer_002
28th Aug 2011, 01:56
Arbitrarily limiting the user to x save game files is retarded.
Not providing a fully-functional save game manager to batch delete them is equally retarded.
Releasing an update that addresses the limited number of save games by multiplying the limit by ~5 times instead of actually fixing the problem is retarded.

Please release a fix for the fix that fixes the problem completely. Thank you. Alternatively, please document where the game save database file is and what format it uses so I can attempt to write my own utility.

Holt_Allen
28th Aug 2011, 17:51
Hi there

I payed this game now for over 12 hours. There were really many crashes. So I saved the game as often as I could. Now something happend. After making a quicksave with F5, the game crashed. Windows went into bluescreen (this is the first time i have seen a bluescreen with my brand new pc!). after rebooting, and starting steam and the game, all my save games have disapeard! I deinstalled the game, downloaded ist once again from steam, but it didn't solve the problem. now this is crap people...very very annoying...i'm sorry, my english is not that good. hope you understand my problem. can someone help?

regards,
emoren

I had the exact same thing happen to me, made a quick save from the menu then the computer went bluescreen, but when I restarted my games where gone. I was even further into the game then you in terms of play time so I am very frustrated as well. I haven't tried re installing, but the fact that it didn't work for you is very disheartening. I mean to lose 15+ hours on a game is just ridiculous, like I don't even want to think about looking at this game any more. It really ruined my enjoyment of it to tell you the truth.

khawaja07
28th Aug 2011, 20:53
Well, i have a new problem, i was at the last quest i think for China - the second location,when suddenly my computer went off.So, i again booted it on and when i launced DX, then the load option went red\disabled\off...which was enabled before my comp. went off..so i was actually 15+ hours and on the hardest difficulty on that playthrough and surprisingly when i checked the "saveindex" and the "user" files..both were EMPTY other than that all other saves were fine and i think because of the index and user file being corrupted\emptied the game does not even detect that i have save files..so my question is that can i somehow rewrite the saveindex and the user files just like before the way they were in an orthodox or anyother way ?....please help me you can and iam in serious need of it !

Thanks !

JH272Dx
28th Aug 2011, 22:09
Hi,

i've got a very similar problem considering savegames in the PC version. I am not able to find any way to manually backup any savegames of this game in a way which enables me to restore them because then the game ether deactivates the load button or refuses to load a game when selecting it in the list.

More precisely, i make a backup of the following files and folders:
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\28050
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\dxhr
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\87382268
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config\steamevents_87382268.pkv

It seems, as soon the saveindex file is modified and no longer correct or is completely new created, this makes any previous savegames unusuable, even when backing up all mentioned files and folders. Given the fact that this file can easily become corrupted or by installing the game on a new pc the file doesn't exist, that's a very big problem. It seems that Steam creates some kind of ID every time the game newly creates this file and ignores any savegames not matching it. Despite scanning changes on the harddrive, I was not able to find out where this ID or whatever is stored. I also do not want to mess with steams internal files in order not to get banned.

Steam Cloud is no alternative for me - it gives me no control over my savegames and if my game crashes or something wents wrong, i've got a very big problem like described in the previous post. I simply would not have enough time to replay half of the game just because of this limitation. It's a great game, but i can't really enjoy it fully when always having to fear about crashes destroying my saves and generally not being able to preserve my savegames for the future.

I would highly appreciate if anyone could tell us how to make a real backup of one's savegames or introduced such an option as it would really make playing this great game much more reliable and enjoyable. Also, it would be great if the savegames could become "independent" - meaning one file one save to be able to easily restore a single savegame when necessary.

PS: Sorry for my english as I am not a native speaker.

Thanks.

khawaja07
29th Aug 2011, 00:14
Attention ! anyone having my sort of problem...IT has been FIXED ! :P....because thankfully i did not overwrite every single save i did in Deus Ex, i learned that my auto saves were not corrupted just my quick save and they were both created together when my PC went down so basically what i did was one by one copying the save files i had into the save folder and making five copies of it and then renaming them "gamer1","gamer2", etc.and one by one i got closer to the point where i left it.so finally when i tried this method with my two autosaves it WORKED !..Thank GOD now i can continue my "Give Me Deus-Ex" Playthrough ! wohhaoooooo ! :) if anyone did not understand then ask me in this thread and i will answer again with a much more clear one ! now if you'll excuse i'll be going :P

Nakah
29th Aug 2011, 00:53
Ok so my save games are apparently corrupt, I have my gamer** files, how the hell do I get them back, and why do developers think its a good idea to lock down their damned games?
Take a bloody hint from Ion Storm.

mmuu
29th Aug 2011, 02:41
Hi, I tried to backup my savegame directory and didn't copy my "user" file.
Now, though I have savegames and a saveindex file, I can't get the game to load them.
What can I do to get access to my savegames?
(I have 25+ hours in the game so far...)
Thank you!

JH272Dx
29th Aug 2011, 06:30
Hi,

I recently found this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24654370
It seems that this deletes this ID or whatever and DX then recognizes your savegames again. It worked for me, but deleting around in the Steam folder isn't a very intuitive way of playing a game ... also it seems that Steam stores much other information, perhaps configurations there, so no idea whether there could be side effects. Some kind of tool to delete this particular information instead of the entire file (or abandonning this ID or whatever at all??? I am studying informatics and do not see any sense in this behaviour at all) would be much better.

@mmuu: It seems that the user-file isn't the point. The game blocked away my saves even if a backed up dozens of files from different locations and it worked again for me even without it when renaming the ClientRegistry.blob (see the above link).

com2kid
29th Aug 2011, 08:54
Game crashed, my saveindex file is now empty. The Steam "remotecache.vdf" file says that the size of saveindex is also 0. Is there any way to recover?

omark89
29th Aug 2011, 19:52
Please, can we get more save slots on console too??? 20 saves total and all playthrough combined, it is really not enough:(

Emoren
29th Aug 2011, 20:51
I had the exact same thing happen to me, made a quick save from the menu then the computer went bluescreen, but when I restarted my games where gone. I was even further into the game then you in terms of play time so I am very frustrated as well. I haven't tried re installing, but the fact that it didn't work for you is very disheartening. I mean to lose 15+ hours on a game is just ridiculous, like I don't even want to think about looking at this game any more. It really ruined my enjoyment of it to tell you the truth.

yes i know exactly how you feel. :( i made some tests after that happened. and i think i figured out the issue that i had. (no this won't bring you back your saves games, i'm sorry) :(
it's just if you'd like to start from the beginning....i know...it sucks.

first of all: DISABLE Steam Cloud (!!!!!!)
second: DISABLE DX11

since i disable these two, no crashes anymore. not a single one. to be on the safe spot, i make a back up of my savegames folder every hour.

luckily i'm past the point where my game crashed and all my saves were gone. enjoying the game again.

hope i can help somebody with this post. :wave:

regards,
emoren

rico001
30th Aug 2011, 17:31
I just have a issue with save states in general, and I noticed a similiar issue on DeusEx2. When I load the latest save it takes some time to load. But then when I die, shouldn't it have the option to quickly continue from where I left off without having the loading times and screens all over again, just to go to the same point that the save state brought me? You might be able to rewrite the save game algorithm for this, but it might save people lots of time.

Thanks for the game.

Camaleon
30th Aug 2011, 18:04
Hey guys, i have a big problem, i was playing and suffered a power outage just as i was saving. Now I can not load any save because the files (user and saveindex) are empty ! Please help me ! I do not want to lose 15 hours of gameplay, i have no time to play all over again. Thanks alot !

yummie
31st Aug 2011, 06:14
If what is written here is true, devs should definitely fix the issue. I reached the 99 save file limit on one playthrough due to the way I save, and was going to back them up, rename gamer99 to gamer1 and continue from there. Thankfully, I noticed this thread before starting the game.

I'm going to try and delete all saves except 99 from within the game now, but that sounds like a slow and boring job when I just want to continue playing. Also, it doesn't sound like I can continue with my old save files at all, unless deleting Steam's ClientRegistry.blob works, as that person in the Steam thread suggests. Obviously, I'm not going to risk all my saves testing that; at least not until I finish this playthrough.

This is something I consider highly important to fix. Especially unless they increase the save file limit a whole lot more. With the old 20 save limit and all, I'm thinking the encryption thingie is the reason for the limitation anyway. I just don't see the point.

Bittercup
31st Aug 2011, 09:33
Why did you locked the saves on PS3 ?
Seriously, who cares about the trophy-whores that edit their saves for winning them... I just finished Detroit, it is already a miracle that I have only 20 saves for almost 20 hours of gameplay (yeah, I searched a lot ^^ 46 000 XP and 30 000 credits and full stealth without firing a shot) I quit for copying my saves on a USB stick and can't.
And I don't understand why only PC gamers have now 99 slots, we also have a HDD for the most part (except some 360 players), 20 saves total and all playthrough combined, it is really not enough.
+++
Please add more save slots for the console versions, too. 20 isn't enough, especially for multiple playthroughs. Even for one it's very limiting.
And locked saves are just annoying and unnecessary :(

Catilleon
1st Sep 2011, 06:02
I've only recently gotten the game and I've hit a problem in the 'Following the Clues in Highland Park'. When I started the mission and went to manual save (because playing Fallout made me obcession about saving) but in the pause menu the save option was inaccesible (the button was red and wouldn't even highlight).
I figured this was just a way to make the mission harder and I'd just have to rely on autosaves. After a few misses I worked out how to ghost my way through the complex and down to the lowest level. Hoping I'd trigger an autosave if I kept moving I instead trigged a cinematic and the boss battle. I got killed unfortunately and got dumped back by the helicopter.
I run through this blasted three times without saving. I don't want to do it anymore. Please tell me there's a solution.

yummie
1st Sep 2011, 06:27
I've only recently gotten the game and I've hit a problem in the 'Following the Clues in Highland Park'. When I started the mission and went to manual save (because playing Fallout made me obcession about saving) but in the pause menu the save option was inaccesible (the button was red and wouldn't even highlight).

Did you check it as you progressed? From what you wrote, it can be understood that you only checked it at the start of the mission. The save button will go red during certain events, possibly due to limitations with the save/load system. This usually happens when the environment is moving around, such as Malik's aircraft moving at the start of a mission, or when you're in an elevator.

It shouldn't be red for this entire mission though. If it was, you've encountered a bug of sorts. Does it happen every time?

Catilleon
1st Sep 2011, 07:42
Did you check it as you progressed? From what you wrote, it can be understood that you only checked it at the start of the mission. The save button will go red during certain events, possibly due to limitations with the save/load system. This usually happens when the environment is moving around, such as Malik's aircraft moving at the start of a mission, or when you're in an elevator.

It shouldn't be red for this entire mission though. If it was, you've encountered a bug of sorts. Does it happen every time?

Yes it stays red for the entire mission, I made sure to check multiple times. I've even loaded an old save from Detroit and went back to Highland Park and it's still red.

funkRush
2nd Sep 2011, 09:58
Can we please get more savegame slots? 99? Why just 99? Manually deleting all the savegames via the ingame menu will take forever.

worstDXplayer
2nd Sep 2011, 10:14
Well i registered here just to post this actually. I was on the Singapore mission when my PC BSOD'd on me while Auto Saving and it went corrupt. After reading through both the pages and the other links on Google, i had nearly given up. But then i tried something which magically worked.

Now i found out that the corrupt files are as discussed above, the saveindex file, and the user file. Also your QuickSave file (gameq) might be corrupt too.

Now here is what i did, you may try it at your own risk, but i don't see how it shouldn't work. You can try this with your quicksave too, but mine was corrupt apparently. It worked for me with a standard save.

Find your save game folder, and back up the "STORAGE" folder somewhere. This contains all the previous save files.
Delete all the files in the Original Storage folder.
Fire up DXHR, and start a new game. You can skip through the intro movie.
Make a New Save, not quicksave, but the standard Save.
Exit out of the game. Now you will find that a new SaveIndex file, and User file have been created. Also you will see your Save Game file which we made in the previous step - "GAMER1"
Now go to your Backup STORAGE folder, and find the last proper save file you have. Mine was "GAMER41".
Rename "GAMER41" (or whatever your latest save file is) to "GAMER1" and copy and paste it in the Original STORAGE folder. You will be asked if you wish to replace the NEW save file we made in-game, say yes.
Start the game, and LOAD this save file. Though in the LOAD Menu you will most probably see the Level Name as "SARIF INDUSTRIES", and the time stamp of the new save file we made, it should work fine. It will load the proper level etc. The save games etc will work fine beyond that. My GAMER41 was at the start of the level i was at prior to the crash. So all i lost was about 5-10 minutes of that level.

Hope this works for you guys. I was on the verge of ripping my hair off so...... :mad2: became :D

i60
7th Sep 2011, 10:40
I just finished the first boss Barret in Detroit and I already used up the 99 savegames.

Please change the savegame limit to 300/600.

i60
8th Sep 2011, 10:20
Reply from customer support:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are very sorry to hear about the issues that you have saving the game.

Unfortunately, there are no patches to extend the current 99 save games limit as 99 already seems to be a rather large number.

We are sorry to have to disappoint you.

Kind regards,
yours SQUARE ENIX Support Centre Team
Thank you again for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information are available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/

It seems that they won't change the 99 savegame limit. :(

barryhaber
8th Sep 2011, 23:58
...how to fix corrupted saves...

after googling the issue found this forum and this tip works (signed up just to say thanks!)

could not handle starting the game again.

suggest this tip is stickied until is fixed by the game devs.

worstDXplayer perhaps you should send this into technical support so they can see the method and post it for others to see on the main page or something...

thanks again
!

Mabe
10th Sep 2011, 12:23
I figured this was just a way to make the mission harder and I'd just have to rely on autosaves. After a few misses I worked out how to ghost my way through the complex and down to the lowest level. Hoping I'd trigger an autosave if I kept moving I instead trigged a cinematic and the boss battle. I got killed unfortunately and got dumped back by the helicopter.
I run through this blasted three times without saving. I don't want to do it anymore. Please tell me there's a solution.

I've been having the same problem as Catilleon. All types of saving all disabled from when I arrive in Highland Park. I haven't made it through to the end so I don't know if/when it becomes possible again. It's also keeping Pritchard's face locked in the corner of the screen until the cutscene, possibly a connection?

Anyone found a solution?

Fail Tactics
11th Sep 2011, 18:14
I'm dead instantly whenever I load any of my saves, and not from getting shot. I'm just.... dead. Anyone else had this?

Panchaea
22nd Sep 2011, 08:09
So my old PS3 fatty decides to stop reading games/Blu-rays. Of course this happens when I'm on the last level of HR. I put a lot of work towards playing on the hardest setting and attempting a pacifist + no alert run. I got a new PS3 just to finish the game only to find out that the saves are locked. I then sign up for PSN+ just for the online cloud storage save option and that doesn't work either! This message pops up: "the downloadable content required to play this saved game appears to be missing." Copying saves is prohibited even if you're doing it in your own account?! Any suggestions?

pitchfork
25th Sep 2011, 08:59
Hi!
The game just crashed, and froze my computer so that I had to reboot. Before crashing it sort of started acting weird, I couldn't save or swap weapons. When I rebooted, there was no game to continue or load. I found the save game files in the Documents folder, but the game doesn't recognize them. I was quite far in it, so it would be great to get them back. Thanks :).

pitchfork
25th Sep 2011, 19:36
Well i registered here just to post this actually. I was on the Singapore mission when my PC BSOD'd on me while Auto Saving and it went corrupt. After reading through both the pages and the other links on Google, i had nearly given up. But then i tried something which magically worked.

Now i found out that the corrupt files are as discussed above, the saveindex file, and the user file. Also your QuickSave file (gameq) might be corrupt too.

Now here is what i did, you may try it at your own risk, but i don't see how it shouldn't work. You can try this with your quicksave too, but mine was corrupt apparently. It worked for me with a standard save.

Find your save game folder, and back up the "STORAGE" folder somewhere. This contains all the previous save files.
Delete all the files in the Original Storage folder.
Fire up DXHR, and start a new game. You can skip through the intro movie.
Make a New Save, not quicksave, but the standard Save.
Exit out of the game. Now you will find that a new SaveIndex file, and User file have been created. Also you will see your Save Game file which we made in the previous step - "GAMER1"
Now go to your Backup STORAGE folder, and find the last proper save file you have. Mine was "GAMER41".
Rename "GAMER41" (or whatever your latest save file is) to "GAMER1" and copy and paste it in the Original STORAGE folder. You will be asked if you wish to replace the NEW save file we made in-game, say yes.
Start the game, and LOAD this save file. Though in the LOAD Menu you will most probably see the Level Name as "SARIF INDUSTRIES", and the time stamp of the new save file we made, it should work fine. It will load the proper level etc. The save games etc will work fine beyond that. My GAMER41 was at the start of the level i was at prior to the crash. So all i lost was about 5-10 minutes of that level.

Hope this works for you guys. I was on the verge of ripping my hair off so...... :mad2: became :D

Simple and genius, worked for me, thanks so much! :)

imported_BoB_
13th Oct 2011, 16:43
Seriously?

One month and a half for patching a game, and there is still the 20 saves limit, and the saves are still locked on PS3.

Congratulations for your hard work and your smart decisions...

It's a shame I won't have enough save slot for the DLC because I have already 3 playthroughs and I have optimized the 20 saves the most I could. I won't play the game anymore.

junco577
27th Oct 2011, 08:44
Super duper logic to help with auto-saving:
IF (current time - current auto-save time) > 4 minutes **more or less
THEN rename current save to previous, create new auto-save
ELSE do nothing

Allowing auto-saves with no minimum time limit defeats the purpose of having a current and previous auto-save. Several times I've had to go back to an older save game because I got a double auto-save after making someone hostile or missing something else I wanted to do. In fact, the motive for this post is that I just exited the Alice Garden pods to verify my ghost bonus was intact, only for it to save twice, 6 seconds apart. Time to redo the pods because that's where my last save is, rather than being able to use the auto-save from a couple minutes before exiting the building. I could try to save about every ten minutes, but oh wait.... I've easily played more than 30 hrs on DX3, so that's 180+ save games... hmmm minor problem considering it's about double the limit. A min time criteria would be a very simple way to make sure you don't get auto-saved out of a useful auto-save.

And agreed on the save limit... why even have one? Heck, DX1's save files were bigger than DX3's, yet the latter runs on technology a decade more advanced.

DanB2644
27th Oct 2011, 14:53
Seriously?

One month and a half for patching a game, and there is still the 20 saves limit, and the saves are still locked on PS3.

Congratulations for your hard work and your smart decisions...

It's a shame I won't have enough save slot for the DLC because I have already 3 playthroughs and I have optimized the 20 saves the most I could. I won't play the game anymore.

Yeah, why are the saved games locked on PS3? Smells like a little money grab for Sony PSN+

Deultra
29th Oct 2011, 18:38
Lost save after LAWRENCE BARRETT Boss battle, could someone help me?

Something happened to the Hd, it is fix now, but I lost the save.

I do not want to start all over again, if someone could pass me the save after this mission would be greatly appreciate.

zepelin
11th Nov 2011, 00:45
I have a very annoying problem with my saved games.
After a disk crash, I had to reinstall my complete system, and the game. When I started it, I got my last saves restored, and I could continue to play the game. I finally killed the second boss, and I was ready to finish the game.
But once again, after another disk crash (thanks to OCZ), I had to reinstall the system again, and the game. In Steam, I can see the achievement for killing the second boss, and when I launch the game, I can see that the list of saved games is correct, and the most recent one is the one I did just after the boss killing, when Adam came back to his apartment.
But when I load that game, I'm back some levels before, as if the save X was the one I did before reaching the save 99, one save cycle before... So the achievement are correct in Steam, the saves list is correct, with the right level names and dates, but it seems the content of these saves is not valid... So what can I do ? I thought I could rely on Steam for my saves, but it seems it's not the case... and I don't want to play again all these levels, I will certainly give up...
Is there any way to recover my last saves?

Notorious_BMC
14th Jan 2012, 05:00
Hello. Time for me to be counted among people who have been screwed by Steam Cloud. I played the game all the way through, loved it, decided to play through again to get the "no alarms" and Pacifist achievements. 10 hours straight, PC crashed, loaded today and all my savegames from those 10 hours are missing because apparently Steam Cloud never sync'd while I was playing and doesn't have the common sense to check which is newer when it does sync. Great. I was all hyped about this game and about to buy the DLC's and now my interest has fizzled and died.

Was there an option to enable Steam Cloud that I should have checked NO to somewhere during the installation? And how do I disable it now?

PS: if you want to limit savegames to 99 for the purposes of Steam Cloud storage, FINE. But let people have however many they want on their hard drives. Have Steam Cloud only store the 99 newest.

The Giant
31st Jan 2012, 22:20
Hello every one :) ,, its too late now and iam sleepy :scratch: , so I will get directly to the point
I started playing this game today , everything seemed to be fine unless that I can't save the game ,, the game crashes whenever I try to save or even when auto saving works! it stops directly and crashes to windows , the strange thing is that the saving works! , I mean when I load the game I can continue playing from the place just before the crash , which means saving was done successfully ! but it still crashes .

Can any one help me??

elpana
15th Apr 2012, 00:10
I've been having the same problem as Catilleon. All types of saving all disabled from when I arrive in Highland Park. I haven't made it through to the end so I don't know if/when it becomes possible again. It's also keeping Pritchard's face locked in the corner of the screen until the cutscene, possibly a connection?

Anyone found a solution?

Anyone found a solution?

Obed_Marsh
27th Jun 2012, 04:05
Anybody know a way to fix a Deus Ex Revolution save bug or avoid them? It is infurating to have to run through all those levels each time just to fight Barrett.

My save button has gone red at Following the clues in Highland Park and the quicksave button no longer works either and it lasts throughout the entire series until the boss. I tried reloading at Destroying the Inteference Signal but once I get back to this stage it just locks up again. I can quicksave right at the beginning but it doesn't help, as soon as I go a few steps forward it goes red again and no quick saves.

I just bought the game a couple days ago on Steam and have hit a bug I cannot find a work around. I have disabled steam cloud and tried resetting the same game files via the backup, save, rename last to gamer1, reload workaround but it didn't help.

Gods at this point, I'd take someones save file if they had one just to skip this crap.