PDA

View Full Version : Eidos/SquareEnix policy on posting gameplay videos/live streams?

MadRepresentation
23rd Aug 2011, 03:32
I was curious what Eidos/SquareEnix's policy is on posting gameplay videos online or live streaming Deus Ex: HR on 8/23 release day. Are they going to allow those or will they have them taken down, even after the game is released in North America on 8/23?

Risingred
23rd Aug 2011, 03:33
I don't see why they would have a problem with it, nor what they could really do about it.

hellrasinbrasin
23rd Aug 2011, 03:59
There is only 1 channel left thats doing walkthroughs on Youtube and that channel has a contractual agreement with the studio... which is why their vids for Deus Ex HR are still up...

Cerulean Shaman
23rd Aug 2011, 03:59
I don't see why they would have a problem with it, nor what they could really do about it.

Ditto, pretty silly question if you ask me. I mean, unless you've been in the woods for the last ten years, that is.

MadRepresentation
23rd Aug 2011, 04:02
I only asked because the game won't be released *globally* tomorrow, and didn't want my live stream taken down because it's not available in Europe until 8/26 etc. or something like that

Cerulean Shaman
23rd Aug 2011, 05:02
I only asked because the game won't be released *globally* tomorrow, and didn't want my live stream taken down because it's not available in Europe until 8/26 etc. or something like that

You're fine. I know it may not mean much coming from us mortal blokes, but in the history of such cases it's never happened. After the 23rd embargos end and you're free to post whatever.