PDA

View Full Version : How much gametime does DE:HR offer ?

Xelsiar
23rd Aug 2011, 02:23
Just wondering how much gametime can a player expect out of this new installment of DE

flunkorg
23rd Aug 2011, 02:27
Just wondering how much gametime can a player expect out of this new installment of DE

Between 20-40 hours.
According to the reviews.

ZakKa89
23rd Aug 2011, 02:27
20-40 hours. You might find different answers but in my opinion this is the most correct estimate judging from reviews and what the developers said.

Cerulean Shaman
23rd Aug 2011, 02:30
Agreed, that's a pretty accurate range depending on how much you explore, if you do side missions, and what methods you employ to proceed through the levels. All based off information from reviews and devs.

thiswontlast
23rd Aug 2011, 11:41
I complete the starting part of the game to the FEMA facility with all side quest in 3hours time..

aieeeee
23rd Aug 2011, 11:52
Yeah, from the reviews I've read it can vary from 25-40 hours for your initial playthrough.

sea
23rd Aug 2011, 13:51
I finished the game last night. I clocked in at about 30-33 hours, doing every side-quest I came across, playing stealthy, and on the hardest difficulty. I think a run-through that ignores side-quests will come closer to 20 hours, as frankly, there aren't quite as many of them as you'd think - one or two per hub, and the occasional one during a regular mission. That said, the game doesn't feel short because of this - it has good pacing and really comes to a proper conclusion, without ever feeling overextended.

Daedatheus
23rd Aug 2011, 14:53
I finished the game last night. I clocked in at about 30-33 hours

How is this even possible...? There haven't been that many hours since the earliest release I've heard of.

Ashpolt
23rd Aug 2011, 14:56
How is this even possible...? There haven't been that many hours since the earliest release I've heard of.

Yep. Looks like somebody's got some 'splainin' to do...

AlexOfSpades
23rd Aug 2011, 14:58
33 hours in one night? Whoa, can i borrow your flux capacitor? D:

sonicsidewinder
23rd Aug 2011, 14:59
It'll take me 100 hours cus am 'deep'.

Enraged Penguin
23rd Aug 2011, 15:02

People get games early.. Christ I've seen at least two people here on this very forum claim to have been playing it for almost a week. It happens with EVERY single game that gets released, at least on hard copy. Obviously it's different if it's a download.

Anyway it's been said that the game will last roughly 30-40 hours by both developers and reviewers, if I'm not mistaken. So I reckon I'll clock the entire thing in roughly 26 hours. That's according to my two thirds rule lol. You have to account for bull ****.

trick1992
23rd Aug 2011, 17:04
PLUS dicking around in the game. Great fun!

sea
23rd Aug 2011, 17:09
I've had a review copy for the last few days. I actually took an extra day past the embargo because I went for 100% completion on the hardest difficulty. :p

pi r squared
23rd Aug 2011, 17:35
I've had a review copy for the last few days.How very convenient that the guy who posted this:

Well, great. Just *** great.

Third-person? Cover system? Magical auto-regenerating health?

This makes universal ammo look appealing, by comparison.

Thanks for taking a giant on the best game franchise you've ever had, Eidos. You've alienated me, and you've alienated all of the fans that wanted the game in the first place.

I'm gone.and this:
...It's damn near insulting that they would think so little of their players, especially when it comes to a series which is renowned for its intellectual side. But then, game publishers have shown in the past that they have absolutely no *** respect for the people who keep them in business, no understanding whatsoever of the games they sell beyond target demographic bull from a marketing 101 university lecture, and view the employees which produce those creative works in the first place as disposable. The idiots running these companies deserve to be hung from a gallows by their genitals and flogged to death.
Long story short: not buying your game anymore.
should end up with a "review" copy of the game... :scratch:

Daedatheus
23rd Aug 2011, 21:34
should end up with a "review" copy of the game... :scratch:

Yeah, I call bull****. I'm thinking that "review" copy was actually the xbox360/ps3 "leaked before release full game" copy...

ZakKa89
23rd Aug 2011, 21:45
hahahaha busteeeed ;p

ExDeus
24th Aug 2011, 01:55
took me 14.5 hours to complete the game... and i didnt even rush it.. i did stealth, exploring.. and still.. only 14.5 hours:hmm:

jtr7
24th Aug 2011, 02:31
So you missed a hell of a lot and could play it again and have almost an entirely different experience seeing new persons, places, and things.

ZakKa89
24th Aug 2011, 02:35
took me 14.5 hours to complete the game... and i didnt even rush it.. i did stealth, exploring.. and still.. only 14.5 hours:hmm:

You must suck at exploring then because even GT got to the 20 hour mark :p :scratch: