PDA

View Full Version : Pod-casts from Edios? Yes please!!!

Jewseph
22nd Aug 2011, 20:35
Brilliant Idea. I am currently downloading the pod cast.

This is one of the things I love about some companies. The back-story, the information, the development. All of that seems useless to some but to some including myself, THAT is the best part of the whole deal. It's the "special content" or "behind the scenes" things I love most.

That is why I buy Blu-ray movies, to get behind the scenes, hear the opinions and ideas from the creators themselves. See how the developed an idea, or grew upon it. And this is the reason I went straight for the Augmented Edition. For that behind the scenes content.

When I get my copy tomorrow I already know the first thing I'm doing. I'm watching that 44 minute long development video. (Honestly I wish it were longer.) (when that Avatar movie came out it had almost 8 hours of special content. Needless to say. I watched and enjoyed it all. XD ) It's one of the things I just enjoy. Seeing the hardships and the talent.

Thank you Eidos-Montreal for even more behind the scenes content.
I hope you all bring A LOT more of these pod casts!

Keep up your hard work and I look forward to enjoying your Product tomorrow!

Sincerely,
A young yet old fan of the Deus Ex series. :D

TheFuture
22nd Aug 2011, 20:51
And where is this podcast. A link perhaps would be nice.

Jewseph
22nd Aug 2011, 20:56
Go on iTunes and search for Eidos-Montreal. It's the Ask JJB series. Pretty cool stuff.

Jewseph
22nd Aug 2011, 20:57
It should be the first thing that pops up under podcasts

TheFuture
22nd Aug 2011, 20:59
Oh so this is one of those "actual" podcasts for people who own iPods and use iTunes :(

Jewseph
22nd Aug 2011, 21:01
Yeah... It's a pain that it is only available to iTunes, but it's worth checking out. They answer a lot of questions from forum users. Pretty sick.

JCpies
22nd Aug 2011, 21:18
Is it the same as the one posted on their community site. Is it called EMP?

Jewseph
22nd Aug 2011, 21:41
I haven't checked out the one directly from the community site yet. So I have no idea. I tried searching for EMP and couldn't find it, but searching for Eidos-Montreal it came up to the Ask JJB series.

Jewseph
22nd Aug 2011, 21:42
These are generally old though. About 4 months old, but still a good listen.

Jewseph
22nd Aug 2011, 22:07
Here is the link to the Eidos-Montreal Podcast. Not the Ask JJB thing.

http://soundcloud.com/eidosmontreal/emp-ep-1-the-audio-of-deus-ex

It's an hour long so... One hell of a listen.

Tecman
22nd Aug 2011, 22:50
The ending of that podcast is especially awesome. :)

Jewseph
22nd Aug 2011, 23:08
Yes. That ending was definitely worth it. XD

BlownKnight
22nd Aug 2011, 23:15
great podcast. good job.

jtr7
23rd Aug 2011, 02:08
This is the stuff I live for, and behind-the-scenes and making-of materials for arts and entertainment are almost always interesting, regardless of the quality of a final product or how relatable it is.

Jewseph
23rd Aug 2011, 02:27
This is the stuff I live for, and behind-the-scenes and making-of materials for arts and entertainment are almost always interesting, regardless of the quality of a final product or how relatable it is.

Couldn't agree more friend!!!

Rindill the Red
23rd Aug 2011, 02:59
Really really nice work Kyle!:thumb: And thanks to Michael and Steve.

"I think anything done really well is done with a certain subtlety."

I can't wait to immerse myself in the sound-scape.