PDA

View Full Version : Story Tie-Ins (DX to HR)

mitch82cc
22nd Aug 2011, 05:09
So I just got done playing Deus Ex for (sad to admit) only the 2nd time. It was absolutely incredible. I can't believe how well this game stands up to current games over a decade later. It's actually funny now that I'm such a big fan of the series due to Invisible War. When it came out in 2004, I probably played it about 8 times all the way through...just in the first year. I now actually realize why everyone bashes it compared to the original. Still, I love IW for its nostalgic value if nothing else. I always thought the Omar were freaking cool. Anyway....

I noticed a couple things that were very cool that tie-in to the new game:

1) The bartender in Hell's Kitchen has augmented arms - She actually makes a reference to getting "early augmentation work done" or something to that effect.

2) When you read the description of the scrambler grenade notice the year:

"The detonation of a GUARDIAN scramble grenade broadcasts a short-range, polymorphic broadband assault on the command frequencies used by almost all bots manufactured since 2028."

It's just one year after HR takes place - I wonder if we will see any further explanation during HR?

Since I haven't played the original 9,000 times like most on this forum...what other cool tie-ins have you guys noticed?? (Obviously from the little content we've seen so far)

Kameleon
22nd Aug 2011, 08:24
I played DE1 once fully, the month it was released.

So tie-ins will be either a nice surprise or will go unnoticed which in fact DE:HR really NEEDS. Without comparison or expectation, this game can shine. Too many people are expecting too much which is the developers own fault for advertising & giving away so much.

Piflik
22nd Aug 2011, 11:00
I want to see Gunther...

DisaFear
22nd Aug 2011, 11:03
I want to see Gunther...
Gunther

Gunther makes an appearance in the Deus Ex novel on the side of the Tyrants (Barrett, Fedorovovoasomething and Namir) so he may show up

Ecopirate
22nd Aug 2011, 12:29
Orange Soda Machine.