PDA

View Full Version : No Newspaper in Absolution ?

duke27tm
21st Aug 2011, 20:16
hello people,
I am new here and wanted to ask something.
I've seen the interview with the producers and there was a question answered. A scoring system remains, it is also important for Hitman, but when I heard that the newspaper will be abolished, I was disappointed.
But why?? I found the newspaper always entertaining after the mission.
Excuse my English I'm German and I used a translator ^ ^
For feedbacks, I'd be very happy.

Acid_Burn
21st Aug 2011, 20:41
Yes, there will be much better feature than a newspaper. Not sure if I can talk about that now.

duke27tm
23rd Aug 2011, 11:07
a better feature ? wow, iam verry happy to hear that :D
maybe in tv after the mission ? ^^
i think in a couple of weeks i prepurchase the game on amazon ;)
thank you for the feedback

Nogarda
23rd Aug 2011, 23:04
If its a news report with voiced stats (ie. criminal gang boss Lee Hong was murdered today, along with 5 other indivduals, police stated that the culprit used syringes, and hand to hand combat, and are running forensics on 9mm casings. Currently no witnesses have come forward to the event.) my jaw will hit the floor, however i sincerely doubt that due to excessive voice work just on numbers, though i wouldn't be surprised if it was simplified in to general numbers 1, 5, 10, 15, 20 etc throw in a 47 for any potential 47 numerical achievement/trophy.

Still I think it'll just be a general stats menu screen, cutting through the smoke qand mirrors of the newspaper clippings, but then again I think fans are just saying that was the beauty of it.

Acid_Burn
24th Aug 2011, 08:46
Your jaw will hit the floor when you see how much IO planned for Absolution.

duke27tm
25th Aug 2011, 00:49
priceless
I do not need to hear more, has been bought: D
where did you get the informations Acid Burn? are you an employee of io?

Acid_Burn
25th Aug 2011, 08:45
I'm not an employee, but I was visiting IO month ago. They showed and told me a lot of things.

duke27tm
25th Aug 2011, 11:23
I cant wait, :D
I'm a huge fan of hitman. I'm curious what io purely programmed into the game so.
how did you get the chance to go to io?
I do not want to go there
is only a question

TheBRADLeyB
27th Aug 2011, 23:46
He said he doesn't want to go there! Ha ha!

If it was a voice a thing I don't think the numbers would be a problem. Games like NCAA Football and Madden have Cookie Cutter Team Names/Player Names/Numbers including Scores/Sayings/Comments.

Grant it they also are able to use a lot of the audio and scripts from the product before but they are also under the gun in having to release the game with less then a year of development on it.

But a voice recap could be interesting but I could see it getting stale if it's the same announcers voice after each mission.

I liked the news papers but of coarse there were things that got repetitive like how police generally put a low priority on the deaths of hired security or what the exact weapon was.

Most likely my biggest gripe with them was that all the articles in the first paragraph or two stated that Blood Money was suspected to be involved and then for the most part it didn't seem to mention other missions that 'blood money' was suspected. And true all the News Papers are from different organizations but when the word 'Blood Money' is used it's pretty specific I think.

I'd like a more varied article statement. For example if only 2-3 people were killed plus the Target maybe it's Blood Money or a Hired Hit. But if it all appears to be accidents (which I typically make all my SA missions look like accidents) then don't mention anything about it being a hit or anything. And if it's a mission where 47 just comes in and blows the ******* out of everyone and leaves bullet holes and blood splattered everywhere then maybe they just say they think it was just a psychopath who randomly chose that area to murder people or if the Target is a woman and 47 Kills the Woman and the Target maybe they can make an assumption it was a jilted lover.

But these are just tiny picky things in regards to the News Paper. I liked reading the side stories like about how the Girl who hires you to kill her groom, father and grooms father goes to Vegas and gets mega rich. Or the Dog Show lady who put her poodle in the microwave to dry him out for a Dog Show. Although that made me sad.

Anyway I'm some what interested to see where 47's story takes him. The Story has never been all that important in my eyes. I mean I think IO has made a very good game where the levels and concept is all you really need but the Story is actually finally starting to get good. At least with the Franchise and all.

Barez
20th Dec 2011, 16:20
I guess the news will be showed on TV just after te drame (see piqure)

http://www.hitmanseries.ru/games/hitman5/concept/12.jpg

Shadow47
20th Dec 2011, 19:02
So instead of an article maybe you'll get a cut scene based on news?

Barez
20th Dec 2011, 19:11
I can also be wrong but this looks like the news of hitman's escape and as you can see there are ambulances to pick up the dead cops or wounded cops :D

SpaHi
21st Dec 2011, 18:45
I think Barez is absolutely right.
What could be better than newspaper? Yeah TV broadcasting!
:rasp:

omega77
21st Dec 2011, 19:05
maybe hitman will have his own blog lol.

june 20th 2012:

I managed to sneak into a large mansion and dressed as a butler and served drinks to the owner, that i had poisoned. i lolz at the way his body went limp. and dragged him into the cupboard so no one will see, then escaped through the back garden.

gr8 days

all the best 47.

or something to that effect lol.

omega77
21st Dec 2011, 19:06
any chance kane and lynch make a cameo again?

Acid_Burn
21st Dec 2011, 20:11
any chance kane and lynch make a cameo again?

Hehe, this is IO, you can expect ANYTHING :) Mini Ninjas 'easter egg' is in the VGA trailer. So...

Barez
21st Dec 2011, 20:34

june 20th 2012:

I managed to sneak into a large mansion and dressed as a butler and served drinks to the owner, that i had poisoned. i lolz at the way his body went limp. and dragged him into the cupboard so no one will see, then escaped through the back garden.

gr8 days

all the best 47.

Haha! Rofl! xD (hope you are wrong)

Survivor
24th Dec 2011, 21:44

june 20th 2012:

gr8 days

all the best 47.

He probably has a twitter.

Follow him. Or he'll follow you...

Demoni91
18th Jan 2012, 14:03
Yes, there will be much better feature than a newspaper. Not sure if I can talk about that now.

Awesome , but I did enjoy the newspaper, it was that one thing that would make you want to replay the levels over and over, to see how better or worse you had done and how accurate the report was to your actions !:D