PDA

View Full Version : How Much Do You Really Love Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Free 7hinker
20th Aug 2011, 17:43
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is going to be the single most important video game release in my 20 years of gaming. It's monumental for several reasons. As a gesture of my appreciation, I sent Jean-Francois Dugas and the Deus Ex: Human Revolution team a letter.

To Jean-Francois Dugas and the rest of the Deus Ex: Human Revolution team,

My name is Francesco Amati and I'm a Psychology/Philosophy student at Montclair State University. I've been intrigued by transhumanism since the age of 13 (I'm 25 now) and it was The Matrix (1999) that really made sense of my thoughts/beliefs.

That being said, I've been an avid fan of Deus Ex since it debuted in 2001 because it was a hybrid of all my psychological/philosophical interests. After 20 years of gaming, I've never anticipated a release of a game more than Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I feel like I've been spiritually and mentally connected to the development of this game because, if it were up to me, nothing would be different. It accurately represents the vision I had for this game, including the main protagonist (who ironically resembles Neo).

All in all, I just feel a strong bond between Deus Ex: Human Revolution, its music (I listen to Sarif Industries and Icarus on loop every day lol but they also inspire me to push myself beyond what I believe I'm capable of at the gym), and myself. It's difficult to express in words, but it's almost on a metaphysical level. It just feels right.

I'm the same person who sent you (Jean-Francois Dugas) a tweet asking if you would sign my copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I hope to meet you guys some day just to thank you for your hard work, dedication, and passion that fueled the development of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I'm sending you this message because I felt that buying your game just wasn't enough to express or justify my appreciation. You guys have effortlessly impacted my life in a very positive way. Thank you.

I'm also an assistant manager at Play N Trade in Wantage, NJ and I've been pushing this game like no other. When it finally releases next week, I'm going to promote it in our PS3 and X360 kiosks. I'm hoping to influence others to feel like I do about this game. To me, it transcends the common notion of a video game, which has been to solely "entertain". This is something more special.

I wish you and your team the best of luck with Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the future of this franchise, and other projects. You have my full support.

Thanks again,
Francesco Amati (Free 7hinker)

Am I an obsessed over-zealous fan? Yes. :) Oh, and my copy is getting signed. ;)

jaywalker2309
20th Aug 2011, 17:46
:) hehe should we make sure security is beefed up ;)

Free 7hinker
20th Aug 2011, 17:48
:) hehe should we make sure security is beefed up ;)

haha I'm harmless even though I hit the gym hard 6 days a week lol. He thanked me for the letter and agreed to sign my copy. That meant a lot. He seems like a nice guy.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Aug 2011, 17:48
Great post and its awesome that you're getting a signed copy - you definitely deserve one. :)

I love this part of your summary best:

To me, it transcends the common notion of a video game, which has been to solely "entertain". This is something more special.

:thumb:

jaywalker2309
20th Aug 2011, 17:52
Lol wait til u play it ;)

ghostnineone
20th Aug 2011, 18:01
well, it is the best game ive played so far this year, the only two games that i think will equal it are uncharted 3 (one of my favorites) and skyrim.

Free 7hinker
20th Aug 2011, 18:23
Great post and its awesome that you're getting a signed copy - you definitely deserve one. :)

I love this part of your summary best:

:thumb:

Thank you. :) I was a bit reluctant to share this with anyone, but I'm relieved to receive positive/mature feedback.

JCpies
20th Aug 2011, 18:39
DUGAS AUTOGRAPH!

Darthassin
20th Aug 2011, 18:45
Deus Ex Human Revolution literally made JF and all team ROCKSTARS!!! :D

Free 7hinker
20th Aug 2011, 18:49
DUGAS AUTOGRAPH!

Yes. :worship: In all seriousness, though, he's a normal guy like everyone else. He just happens to be one of the talents behind Deus Ex: Human Revolution. But it does take a beautiful mind like his to fuel an ambitious game like Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Frag Maniac
20th Aug 2011, 19:11
OMG, a stalker dressed like NEO!

No seriously, I would like to have seen the reply letter.

It no doubt has taken considerable planning, design and scripting to make this game happen. I'm so psyched that it will be available here in the US in a mere 3 days! I too have awaited this kind of game for some time. I am 53, but have only been gaming since around 2001. The original Deus Ex was one of the first games that got me interested in PC gaming. I just hope this is one modern title that will reaffirm that PC games don't have to be mediocre ports.

Free 7hinker
20th Aug 2011, 19:13
OMG, a stalker dressed like NEO!

No seriously, I would like to have seen the reply letter.

It no doubt has taken considerable planning, design and scripting to make this game happen. I'm so psyched that it will be available here in the US in a mere 3 days! I too have awaited this kind of game for some time. I am 53, but have only been gaming since around 2001. The original Deus Ex was one of the first games that got me interested in PC gaming. I just hope this is one modern title that will reaffirm that PC games don't have to be mediocre ports.

He simply responded with:

"We received it - Thanks!" :)

JCpies
20th Aug 2011, 19:28
Yes. :worship: In all seriousness, though, he's a normal guy like everyone else. He just happens to be one of the talents behind Deus Ex: Human Revolution. But it does take a beautiful mind like his to fuel an ambitious game like Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Don't worry, people like Warren Spector, JJB and other great artists and game developers deserve as much praise as those crappy pop bands that have millions of followers.

I actually messaged Warren but he didn't reply.

I also sent a friend request to Dugas, and he denied me.

Free 7hinker
20th Aug 2011, 19:33
Don't worry, people like Warren Spector, JJB and other great artists and game developers deserve as much praise as those crappy pop bands that have millions of followers.

I actually messaged Warren but he didn't reply.

I also sent a friend request to Dugas, and he denied me.

Don't take it personal. He denied my friend request on Facebook, too. I believe it's a security thing above anything else. I do follow him on Twitter and we have exchanged some messages regarding the autograph and letter.

JCpies
20th Aug 2011, 19:51
Don't take it personal. He denied my friend request on Facebook, too. I believe it's a security thing above anything else. I do follow him on Twitter and we have exchanged some messages regarding the autograph and letter.

Yeah, I wouldn't add a stranger either.

But some people are cool.

Rindill the Red
20th Aug 2011, 19:52
How the hell do you know this game is so great before its even been released? <--

Oh noes! It's Lord Leonard Kevin Moberg (c). He's come back from the future again!

And in any case, the most important ground breaking video game release in the last twenty years was Deus Ex (the original).

JCpies
20th Aug 2011, 19:59
All that matters is that it's miles better than CoD.

raz3r
20th Aug 2011, 20:00
Congrats for the letter and the sign :D Are you italian?

thanos
20th Aug 2011, 22:35
2309 seems pretty happy,I wonder if someone spiked his coffee this morning.

Charadesmith
20th Aug 2011, 23:03
Yep, i'm with you, although i'm still not sure if this will surpass ICO and SOTC as my all time faves. We'll see this week. Either way i'm very confident that it'll at least get 3rd place, and no lower than 5th.

Free 7hinker
21st Aug 2011, 02:23
Congrats for the letter and the sign :D Are you italian?

Thank you and, yes, I am Italian. How did you guess? My name couldn't have given it away! ;)

knicks21
21st Aug 2011, 02:58
do you happen to be more specificly sicilian?

Free 7hinker
21st Aug 2011, 03:04
do you happen to be more specificly sicilian?

No. I was born in Taranto, Italy. I'm Tarantino.

Facebyface
21st Aug 2011, 03:06
Well, I dressed up as Adam Jensen at PAX East. Does that make me a bigger fan? >>

Free 7hinker
21st Aug 2011, 03:06
Well, I dressed up as Adam Jensen at PAX East. Does that make me a bigger fan? >>

That is amazing! Do you have pics?!

Facebyface
21st Aug 2011, 03:18
That is amazing! Do you have pics?!

Only one, though I saw many people taking pictures of me and my sign (it had DX: HR one one side and DNF on the other). I have searched for them and apparently they didn't want to put it up, at least publically. I would love to see them if anyone saw me there, as the one photo I have was merely a facial shot.

knicks21
21st Aug 2011, 04:13
that is to bad. it would have been nice to have a fellow sicilian on here

jason95821
21st Aug 2011, 04:43
i love deus ex games frist 2 - ammo and quick save on the second

but i am kinda skeptic about this game i do hope that it does not turn out to be another da2 reject
i rarely pre order games in 2 years i have only pre orderd mount @ blade fire and sword and da2 and deus ex
so kinda hopen i wont regret it

Hyperbolic
21st Aug 2011, 04:56
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is going to be the single most important video game release in my 20 years of gaming. It's monumental for several reasons. As a gesture of my appreciation, I sent Jean-Francois Dugas and the Deus Ex: Human Revolution team a letter.

Am I an obsessed over-zealous fan? Yes. :) Oh, and my copy is getting signed. ;)

It's pretty hard to have an opinion on something you have yet to see. So I can't honestly say that I "love" the game, but I think that I probably will. Most important game in the last 20 years? Probably not for me, but it may end up being one of the most relevant in the last decade at the very least. Only time will tell.

Chat
21st Aug 2011, 07:43
but i am kinda skeptic about this game i do hope that it does not turn out to be another da2 reject
i rarely pre order games in 2 years i have only pre orderd mount @ blade fire and sword and da2 and deus ex
so kinda hopen i wont regret it

I've only ever preordered one game, Recettear (Capitalism, Ho!), and that was just as much as because I wanted to support what Carpe Fulgur were doing as the game itself.

For Human Revolution, I preordered both because I felt that if it lived up to heavy expectations, then the developers certainly deserved the support of a preorder. I prefer games that make you think over the stamped out each year blind slaughterfests that seem to dominate a fair portion of gaming today. The other reason was just that I was sure that it was going to be damned good, thanks to playing around with the leaked beta. As long as the rest of the game holds up as well as the portion of it I played, I'll be very, very happy with my purchase.

Now if only I didn't have so much Uni work to get done over the next couple of weeks.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
21st Aug 2011, 08:30
I love Eidos, dunno about DX3, didn't play it yet... looks good though, even my diehard COD friends are going to buy it...

Dr_Bob
21st Aug 2011, 10:07
I fell in love with the game after seeing the E3 2010 trailer and from then, my love has just been getting bigger and bigger.

JCpies
21st Aug 2011, 10:23
I fell in love with the game after seeing the E3 2010 trailer and from then, my love has just been getting bigger and bigger.

That sounds....

....suggestive.

Dr_Bob
21st Aug 2011, 10:58
That sounds....

....suggestive.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12580001/Pictures/adamlol.png

deusfox
21st Aug 2011, 11:21
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12580001/Pictures/adamlol.png

haha, its like you've filled up the Facepunch thread with him and now he's spilling out onto other forums.
What if AJ does actually make that face in the game.

jaywalker2309
21st Aug 2011, 11:48
2309 seems pretty happy,I wonder if someone spiked his coffee this morning.

Moi? Happy? Why wouldn't I be a mere few hours before launch? I worked on the original but there wasn't as much a community around then like now :)

Fireisprettyful
21st Aug 2011, 11:49
i am spending about $160 on it(i think) so that is how much i love it

raz3r
21st Aug 2011, 12:27
Thank you and, yes, I am Italian. How did you guess? My name couldn't have given it away! ;)
I am italian as well, it is nice to see there A LOT of italians on this forum, the more I read threads the more I discover new "compaesani" :D

Amitush
21st Aug 2011, 13:02
Hope to get it..WHITHIN THE WEEK!
Or the next one, dont trust the postal service much ^^

Dr_Bob
21st Aug 2011, 13:13
Hnggg, 4 days, 9 hours, 46 minutes until the EU release!

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=Deus+Ex%3A+Human+Revolution+Release+%28EU%29&day=26&month=08&year=2011&hour=&min=&sec=&p0=136

Free 7hinker
21st Aug 2011, 14:22
I am italian as well, it is nice to see there A LOT of italians on this forum, the more I read threads the more I discover new "compaesani" :D

Renaissance men have philosophy in their blood.

imported_the_guy
21st Aug 2011, 18:12
Hnggg, 4 days, 9 hours, 46 minutes until the EU release!

Sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat.

Amitush
21st Aug 2011, 18:23
I thereby bestow the plane that carrires my copy a +1 speed!