PDA

View Full Version : "HELP" SPOILER THREAD- Stuck? Quick Questions & Answers - General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Aug 2011, 20:14
Let's try to keep some order regarding brief "Help! I'm stuck!" spoiler threads/posts all over the board.
If you can't find a relevant thread, then this is the place to post your question.

Random spoilers are often read accidentally and will make people unhappy and there will be complaints.
Nobody needs to complain about spoilers in this thread - it's a spoiler thread for spoilers. :D :cool:

WARNING!
If you don't wish to read spoilers... it's best you read no further...

jlat96
23rd Aug 2011, 20:44
Spoilers below

I'm stuck on the Barrett boss fight because I accidentally blew all of my ammo on the way down there. How the hell am I supposed to beat him? I mean, he keeps trapping me in a corner then picking me up and throwing me until I die, or he blows through my cover and kills me almost instantly. Is there something I am missing?

sahdev_92
23rd Aug 2011, 20:49
The area is enclosed, but you will find some small rooms. There are crates full of ammo and grenades (EMP and other types, I believe), as well as that, some weapons lockers, full of weapons at your disposal. You will also find explosive barrels, as well poisonous gas barrels, throw them at Barret, he'll simply get hit by it, and may mutter or say something.

I believe there are two of these rooms, but there should be enough to take him out.

Solid_1723
23rd Aug 2011, 20:53
Which augs do you have at your disposal?

jlat96
23rd Aug 2011, 20:58
Which augs do you have at your disposal?

Just some a hacking upgrade and stealth. Also an inventory upgrade but that's not going to help me. Wish I would have gone with thermal plating...

Solid_1723
23rd Aug 2011, 21:04
That doesn't leave you with many options, but like someone already posted, try to snatch some ammo, explosives and/or EMP grenades from the side rooms. Also consider throwing him some explosive/corrosive containers.

Hitman470
23rd Aug 2011, 21:04
With stealth aug it is really easy... just go behind him... and of course you need some ammo that you can take in the two small rooms.

Solid_1723
23rd Aug 2011, 21:19
OK,I just beat him on Give Me Deus Ex without firing a single shot. Just evade his fire and with a little patience throw every single canister in the room at him. Throw a corrosive one(spraying those yellow clouds), followed by an explosive one, so that he remains inside the volatile cloud...rinse and repeat.

EDIT: I didn't use any augs or grenades aswell.

AzureForge
23rd Aug 2011, 21:28
Barrett is indeed quite vulnerable to gas canisters. His hit animation for them is quite long and you can add damage on top of it with (like the previous poster said) throwing explosive barrel for example. The merchant at the beginning of the level also sell a gas grenade but in the room, there is enough to beat him with no augmentation. For myself, I put all my upgrades in the revolver I got from Zeke. One gas grenade, unleashed the revolver and he's dead before finishing the gas damage animation.

sahdev_92
23rd Aug 2011, 21:33
Since he's also a mech, EMP grenades will affect him, it will make him idle for a few seconds, enough time to throw an explosive barrel at him as well.

McJamesV
23rd Aug 2011, 22:25
Bought the game today and nostalgia is everywhere. I have a question though:

After the hostage situation do you ever go back to Sarif Industries to like explore? When Jenson first arrives after his recovery I didn't want to miss the hostage situation so I pretty much rushed to the helipad. So yeah, do I ever get the chance to explore Sarif's again, except this time without a time limit :x

imported_El_Zilcho
23rd Aug 2011, 23:09
So I'm going to get the antenna and after the second ladder there is a hallway with obvious mines on the wall. In the walkthrough demo I saw online the player simply approached slowly and he was able to defuse the mines. The only aug I have right now is cloak and that doesn't seem to help either. Every time I get close, slowly, crouched, cloaked, it doesn't matter, they still blow up. I'm on medium difficulty. What am I doing wrong?

knicks21
24th Aug 2011, 01:02
so i have to wait til wensday to get the game cuz i was busy today,and ive read all the previews and in the first mission with the hostages and milwauke and zeke sanders and that protype i read if you spend too much time in sarif the hostages will die, if i do the mission immeaditly will i be able to explore sarif later?

Tycho
24th Aug 2011, 01:03
yeah sure, lots of time later on

knicks21
24th Aug 2011, 01:34
thanks!

shm0
24th Aug 2011, 01:46
I've been looking for this witness guy for like 3 hours... where the heck is this MCB hideout?

nvm, followed my map.... game doesnt show on big map for some reason.

8bitogre
24th Aug 2011, 01:50
In one of the alleys there is a staircase; you'll know its the right one because there will be a window highlighted that you can order. It's next to the hooker leaning against the wall.

nomotog
24th Aug 2011, 02:34
Well the game is out and I noticed we don't have a thread actually talking about it yet, so has anyone had any really bad botch ups. Where you where trying to do something only to have it totally go haywire.

Mine was when I went to the police station. I didn't even know that was where I was heading. I just found a vent when exploring, but I said I'm here I might as well do that thing I needed to do. I was doing well at the start. I was being all sneaky, using the vents and stunning the guards. Then it happened that people caught me coming out of a vent. I was able to use non lethal for awhile, but got lost and kept getting caught hacking. It wasn't long till I had to switch to a pistol to keep up with all the people attacking me. long story short, I killed about everyone in there. I felt real bad about it.

ghostnineone
24th Aug 2011, 03:47
can anyone tell me where the daigong district is in hengsha? ive looked all over

also, i had a glitch with the MCB witness mission i think

when you go to T-Dogs apartment it showed one of his men above me (like on a roof somewhere) and one below, like in the sewer, i dont think theyre supposed to be there, they were all in the apt in the beta

cachx
24th Aug 2011, 05:26
So I'm going to get the antenna and after the second ladder there is a hallway with obvious mines on the wall. In the walkthrough demo I saw online the player simply approached slowly and he was able to defuse the mines. The only aug I have right now is cloak and that doesn't seem to help either. Every time I get close, slowly, crouched, cloaked, it doesn't matter, they still blow up. I'm on medium difficulty. What am I doing wrong?

Throw a barrel at them from a safe distance (I would also like to know if/how you can manually disable mines)

Hyperbolic
24th Aug 2011, 05:58
My question is about the special bonuses awarded after missions are completed (or rather major checkpoints...)

How on earth are you supposed to get the Smooth Operator bonus? I've gone through the first two missions without being spotted by any mechanical detection, not being spotted by a human, and no bodies being spotted by either as well and I'm simply not getting this bonus. I tried the first main mission over again and made sure 100% that I was never spotted. I was spotted once but then reloaded and was not spotted since yet never get the bonus, yet I keep getting the Ghost bonus.:nut: Does being detected during a hacking session count as an alarm?

Atlus
24th Aug 2011, 07:37
I'm sorry but this is idiotic.

Why do you need to use spoiler tags, in a spoiler thread? In the title it clearly say's post spoilers here. In the very 1st post it says be warned of spoilers.

I'm sure people who are attempting to avoid spoilers would avoid this thread. So why the need for spoiler tags?

[FGS]Shadowrunner
24th Aug 2011, 07:49
I felt so bad when I wasted most of the dudes in Liberty Island, then overheard the conversations inside the statue, felt real sorry for the terrorists. You can see why the movie was put on hold.

Hyperbolic
24th Aug 2011, 08:41
I'm sorry but this is idiotic.

Why do you need to use spoiler tags, in a spoiler thread? In the title it clearly say's post spoilers here. In the very 1st post it says be warned of spoilers.

I'm sure people who are attempting to avoid spoilers would avoid this thread. So why the need for spoiler tags?

Probably because people can ask certain questions in a way that are not completely spoilerish and then go into specifics in the spoiler. Not everyone wants to read through each post looking for something maybe related to their own issue only to see a bunch of other things listed that they didn't even know about yet.

wheresmyskulgun
24th Aug 2011, 08:45
Throw a barrel at them from a safe distance (I would also like to know if/how you can manually disable mines)

Just crouch, and while crouching walk (not run) towards the mine. Then hit 'activate' to turn them off. You can then add them to your inventory.

Badmagic
24th Aug 2011, 09:54
They really really need more sub-forums here, was going to make a question/discussion thread but because of the silly spoilers only in one thread rule it gets dumped here so...

Below is a question to others that touches on first real mission (between tutorial and first mission) painfully minor spoilers.

On one hand I appreciate the inclusion of lethal/non-lethal at the start of the games first real mission as a throw back to the originals options when talking to your brother but...

Lethal = Revolver OR Rifle
Non-Lethal = Tazer OR Tranq

Is it just me or is this just a bit measly, cant our organisation afford to give you both? e.g...

Lethal = Revolver AND Rifle
Non-Lethal = Tazer AND Tranq

I mean I quite like the idea of limiting your ammo as they do but... is this only me, did they blow the budget on your sunglasses and trench coat so they cant afford to at least arm you for close quarter and ranged assault?

I mean if you compare the original, you start by default with the 10 mm handgun, a prod, then your brother offers you the option of rifle, GEP or crossbow...

Oh, now that I think of it, doesn't he also give you the knife at the same time?

The Tingler
24th Aug 2011, 10:41
On one hand I appreciate the inclusion of lethal/non-lethal at the start of the games first real mission as a throw back to the originals options when talking to your brother but...

Lethal = Revolver OR Rifle
Non-Lethal = Tazer OR Tranq

Is it just me or is this just a bit measly, cant our organisation afford to give you both? e.g...

Lethal = Revolver AND Rifle
Non-Lethal = Tazer AND Tranq

I mean I quite like the idea of limiting your ammo as they do but... is this only me, did they blow the budget on your sunglasses and trench coat so they cant afford to at least arm you for close quarter and ranged assault?

I mean if you compare the original, you start by default with the 10 mm handgun, a prod, then your brother offers you the option of rifle, GEP or crossbow...

Oh, now that I think of it, doesn't he also give you the knife at the same time?

Doesn't make that much sense in story terms (unless Sarif's trying to test you), but in gameplay terms it would make you far too powerful for the first mission and opening missions.

And no, you get the knife slightly later I think.

Cult Icon
24th Aug 2011, 12:06
edit.

Cult Icon
24th Aug 2011, 12:09
I'm quite far in this game, been playing for about 10 days or so, and I'm playing on Give Me Deus Ex.
So with Barrett:

With the 1st boss fight I beat him first time simply by using EMP's and cloaking then stunning him with the taser, took me about 16 - 20 shots with a souped up 10mm for him to go down.

@Hyperbolic

I did the same but didn't get the smooth operator bonus till you leave Detroit and go to the FEMA camp, I think this is because I talked my way into the Police Station and the DRB base didn't have any cameras.

MIA Silent
24th Aug 2011, 13:26
Sup fellas!?!? I'm currently at the end of a secondary mission called 'Shanghai Justice' and i have to hack a security box located in The Hive at the back of the upstairs bar and was wondering if anyone knew the code for it? I have no Nukes or Worm Stops and it feels impossible without. I cant find any within the city neither n its drivin me insane! Thanks for any help guys.

atheelogos
24th Aug 2011, 13:34
Hey guys I'm in Lower Hengsha and I can't find a store to sell my guns at. If you know where one is please let me know.

Silvance
24th Aug 2011, 13:50
I'm stuck on the quest Shanghai Justice

I'm up to the part where I have to search Lee's apartment. I hacked the comp and listened to the answering machine, both triggered dialogue with Malik, but now I can't find anything else to use. I see a baseball bat and a broken clock on the shelf, but neither are highlighted, nor can they be interacted with. What do I do?

chriski333
24th Aug 2011, 14:20
So im new to the game got it last night just plan love it but I just don't understand the hacking in the game please help me out

atheelogos
24th Aug 2011, 14:26
anyone?

sajin
24th Aug 2011, 14:42
In the first mission there are two hacking tutorials, did you watch them ? They are really helpful imo.

Other tips:
I try to remain undetected as long as possible, so i conquer a single path (of easy nodes). Only if i'm detected or right before the exit node, i start to conquer other nodes (like the data nodes) and improve own nodes.

Important to remember: You can hack in parallel, i.e. you don't have to wait for one node to finish, you can order multiple tasks at once.

Also, as long as you are not detected, do not rush. You have all the time in the world to look for a good path (and check detection probabilities), you can only trigger a detection if you are actively hacking a node (and also if you improve your own nodes).

Silvance
24th Aug 2011, 15:04
I'm stuck on the sidequest Shanghai Justice. I'm up to the part where I have to search Lee's apartment. I hacked the comp and listened to the answering machine, both triggered dialogue with Malik, but now I can't find anything else to use. I see a baseball bat and a broken clock on the shelf, but neither are highlighted, nor can they be interacted with. What do I do?

lordnoak
24th Aug 2011, 15:07
Good tips.

chriski333
24th Aug 2011, 15:08
Yes I watched both videos but im still confused but thanks for the help ill give it another shot

DeusVirgin
24th Aug 2011, 15:08
I had the same exact question the O.P. listed. I did watch the tutorial & was still confused as to what I had to do. My first attempt ended in success, but I'm not sure why or how.

Can someone break this process down in layman's terms ?

thanks

sajin
24th Aug 2011, 15:37
I had the same exact question the O.P. listed. I did watch the tutorial & was still confused as to what I had to do. My first attempt ended in success, but I'm not sure why or how.

You - the blue player - must get all the green round globes to win. To do that, you need to conquer the nodes between your start node and the green globes. You can conquer a node (select the top option when clicking a node) only if you already own a node connected to it . At the start of the minigame, you are hidden.

The enemy - the red player - wins if he conquers the node you started from. To do that, he needs to conquer nodes in the same way you do (starting at the red start position). As long as you are hidden, the red player won't do anything.

However, every time you conquer a new node, there is a chance the red player awakens and starts to conquer on his own. This chance depends on the difficulty of the node, which can be lowered with augmentations. And thats the whole story :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some special nodes, like data nodes that give you some additional reward like experience or money, and nodes that change the game a bit - slowing down the enemy, change node difficulty etc.. You can also slow down the enemy by improving the nodes you already conquered (the bottom option if you click a node), but the main concept is in the first three paragraphs.

If a hacking game is very difficult to solve, you can use special items called stop worm and nuke virus. If you use a stop worm (by selecting the left option when clicking a node), the enemy will do nothing for a few seconds, so you have more time. If you use a nuke virus (by selecting the right option when clicking on a unconquered node), the node is captured instantly (saving you time), and if you are still hidden, you will stay hidden.

Try it out a few times, you have several attempts. You can stop a hacking attempt by pressing ESC without triggering alarm, btw

sahdev_92
24th Aug 2011, 15:38
Invest some Praxis points into stealth hacking add-ons and other hacking related augs. They will certainly help out when hacking into devices.

When you are hacking, look for a datastore (The cube looking node), it contains some rewards when completed. They are either credits, a STOP! Worm, and a Nuke Virus. The last two rewards help you out when you're attempting to hack into another device. The STOP! Worm will stop the timer temporarily, and the Nuke Virus will allow you to take over any node without being caught.

@DeusVirgin, your main goal is to get the data registry (I think that's what its called), or the green circle. But along that route, you will come across files/directories, data stores etc. You need to get there quickly, because once you're detected, a countdown will begin. If you don't make it in time, you will either have to try again, or you may end up getting caught.

Usually, each node has a percentage of how much you will get detected. Even if its the lowest, you still may get detected. Make sure to go for the lowest level file (Level 1 files being the lowest).

Also some paths will show arrows pointing into a certain direction, if you're on the 'right' end of it, you can go through, however, if you're on the other end, you won't be able to get through, so keep that in mind.

It's not going to get easier from this point, you will get more harder maps to go through, but once you've got the basic grasp of the hacking mini game, you will find it a piece of cake. Just be patient, and look for safe openings. If you fail at the hacking part, and can't do it, there's an alternative, which is to find the password or code from somewhere else (Pocket Secretaries, or other computers).

It's not easy explaining this mini game, but I hope what I said helps! :)

Fireisprettyful
24th Aug 2011, 15:45
just wondering if you get the extra things(xp etc) if you secure the nodes with the xp but the red guy gets to your starting point or do you lose all that?

the hacking mini game sounds really fun though

sajin
24th Aug 2011, 15:49
just wondering if you get the extra things(xp etc) if you secure the nodes with the xp but the red guy gets to your starting point or do you lose all that?

You loose that, but you can try again. However, if the red guy gets a reward node you conquered before, you still get the reward as long as you win the game.

Brockxz
24th Aug 2011, 15:49

thanks

Check also explanation of every type of node and you will get it what is what. At first i also didn't understand but after checking what every kind of node means i started to understand how it works.

atheelogos
24th Aug 2011, 15:53
nvm found it

Fireisprettyful
24th Aug 2011, 15:55
You loose that, but you can try again. However, if the red guy gets a reward node you conquered before, you still get the reward as long as you win the game.
thank you i really love the sound of this mini game compared to the one in bioshock which wasnt fun and made less sense

thanos
24th Aug 2011, 15:59
Then do tell

jason95821
24th Aug 2011, 16:47
question on hacking mini game

is there any way to lower chance of detection
how do i gain more time or make bars move faster for hacking nodes

already no about the nuke and stop time worm

Kynaeus
24th Aug 2011, 17:16
I snuck into the police station using my leg augs and snuck through the air ducts while looking for evidence about the police investigation into Megan's death. When you walk through the vents, you can see into one locked office with a shotgun in the corner but the vents have no entrance to it.

I've tried hacking into the office but I can't do it fast enough between police patrols in the hallway and always end up spotted. I've tried throwing boxes and fire extinguishers to pull them out of position but I still can't do it fast enough.

Has anyone found the passcode for this office in their travels?

Edit: Hahah, I used my silent movement and dropped a box right in front of the hacking terminal. I got alarmed shortly after unlocking the door but if you make it inside the office you can hide under the desk until things die down pretty easily.

Edit2: I believe I have found it, 2231 should be the code to get you in.

Kazurik
24th Aug 2011, 17:23
Does anyone know what the exact requirements for getting the Ghost bonus are? Are you allowed to alarm the guards in any way, ie Suspicious/Alarmed status. Are you allowed to kill them as long as they don't see you, such as with a sniper rifle? What about if you use a tranq dart from the roof without ever alarming anyone? How about the stun gun? What about punching through a wall with the aug and snaping someones neck?

I know in my limited testing on the first real level I threw a box at someones face from the roof without being seen by them and still received the Ghost bonus so I am no longer sure just how far you can go.

Kayjin
24th Aug 2011, 17:24
Trying to get through to talk to Tong in The Hive. I failed the conversation with the manager. I also don't have the hacking to hack the terminals for Bar Tab to get the bartender to help me. So I'm kinda stuck at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

SuddenlyRaptors
24th Aug 2011, 17:27
Exact same thing happened to me. I can't use the baseball bat or clock, and I don't want to take the shuttle never to return. So pretty much I cant do anything, and theres no autosave for me to go back to that works.

xfullboost
24th Aug 2011, 17:27
how about, can we hack turrets to gun down enemies while still getting ghost?

Kepler
24th Aug 2011, 17:30
Love the game so far, but I am trying to figure out if there is a pass code log (like the media log). Most passcodes I find in game do come from emails etc so I can find them in the media log, but in one of the first sidequests I was able to persuade a security guard into giving me the passcode to a safe... Yet there is no record of what that password was after he said it. I would have taken note of it, but it came up with a notification "//New code learned"... So I figured it is keeping it somewhere?

I figured it has to be in the game somewhere and I am just not finding it. Like most older gamers, I can't always complete a mission in one session, so if I save then come back to the game... I won't remember the password...

Anyways, please help.

Thanks.

sajin
24th Aug 2011, 17:34
Love the game so far, but I am trying to figure out if there is a pass code log (like the media log). Most passcodes I find in game do come from emails etc so I can find them in the media log, but in one of the first sidequests I was able to persuade a security guard into giving me the passcode to a safe... Yet there is no record of what that password was after he said it. I would have taken note of it, but it came up with a notification "//New code learned"... So I figured it is keeping it somewhere?

I figured it has to be in the game somewhere and I am just not finding it. Like most older gamers, I can't always complete a mission in one session, so if I save then come back to the game... I won't remember the password...

Anyways, please help.

If you have found the required password / number combination, it will show up as a tooltip on the login screen / on the keypad screen.

neilthecellist
24th Aug 2011, 17:36
Hack faster.

Ok, if that doesn't work, there should be a memo somewhere around the station that has all the key code logs. I haven't played the Police Station quests in a while, so I don't remember where that Pocket Secretary is anymore. Good luck.

Kepler
24th Aug 2011, 17:39
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Many thanks.

mornaselos
24th Aug 2011, 17:49
what happens if you kill an NPC or go on a killing spree in the hub cities? how relentless are the police and how many patrol the streets of detroit?

also is it true that it's impossible to go rambo in this game due to limited ammo and health?

thanks

sahdev_92
24th Aug 2011, 17:50
Also, if you ever do come across the safe, the code will show on up the top left of the screen when you're about the enter the combination.

Kazurik
24th Aug 2011, 18:19
How do you disarm mines? They always seem to explode the second I get close to them. When ever I try this just seems to happen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg0bSVnvxvk

Amigo
24th Aug 2011, 18:50
How do you disarm mines? They always seem to explode the second I get close to them. When ever I try this just seems to happen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg0bSVnvxvk

Press caps-lock first then crawl

Amigo
24th Aug 2011, 18:52
Trying to get through to talk to Tong in The Hive. I failed the conversation with the manager. I also don't have the hacking to hack the terminals for Bar Tab to get the bartender to help me. So I'm kinda stuck at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

Can use the sewers or speak to someone behind the bar downstairs

mrburnstick
24th Aug 2011, 19:17
i seen multiple videos were adam takes out multiple people at once
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYpuzHyEY8Q
like at 42 secs
ive beating the game but idk how to unlock that one? it only let me take down one guy at a time

sinosleep
24th Aug 2011, 20:04
I went straight for the hardest difficulty and I'm just wondering if the really low ammo counts are due to game design or difficulty choice. It's not really been a problem or anything (although I rarely have more than 8 -10 shots for my stun gun and tranq rifle) since I'm going the non-lethal route and trying not to take on any enemies I don't have to, I'm just doing a lot more melee than I anticipated.

I guess another question would be, should stores be restocking ammo? Since enemies tend to only have lethal weapons I bought up all the ammo I could from the few vendors I've run into and they never restock.

K0rN b4LL
24th Aug 2011, 20:20
In the "Cloak & Daggers" side quest is there any way to get into the dirty cop's bedroom without hacking the door? It's a level 4 interface and i am only level 2 atm.

greenfish
24th Aug 2011, 20:23
Is this normal? A couple of mines and shotgun up close and down he goes. I was suprised the fight was over before it started. Is this it?

Are the other boss fights more difficult or is it the same thing?

I'm playing on deus ex difficulty, so it's not like I can ramp up the difficulty any further.

AlterEqo
24th Aug 2011, 20:26
Is this normal? A couple of mines and shotgun up close and down he goes. I was suprised the fight was over before it started. Is this it?

Are the other boss fights more difficult or is it the same thing?

I'm playing on deus ex difficulty, so it's not like I can ramp up the difficulty any further.

What platform you on?

greenfish
24th Aug 2011, 20:27
What platform you on?

Oh sorry, PC :)

Biggus
24th Aug 2011, 20:38
Probably nefted him in final build. Took me 3 direct hits from rocket launcher in leaked demo

Sharkey1337
24th Aug 2011, 20:48
I had a great time with the boss. Died 5 times before I finally was able to stay alive, hitting him with my armor piercing pistol and got in two typhoon attacks to finally kill him. I too played on Deus Ex difficulty, thought it was a great fight as I was scrambling for cover non-stop with him shooting and grenading me the entire time.

Jordasm
24th Aug 2011, 20:57
Where the hell do you buy weapons and ammo in Heng Sha? I've only got 10 stun gun charges left and I'm about to go into tai tong medical, I am so unprepared.

ghostnineone
24th Aug 2011, 21:01
Where the hell do you buy weapons and ammo in Heng Sha? I've only got 10 stun gun charges left and I'm about to go into tai tong medical, I am so unprepared.

on the first floor of the huang ha hotel behind the red padded looking door is an arms dealer, there is another one too but i dont remember where he is

Jordasm
24th Aug 2011, 21:12
Wow that's a door? I just thought it was a wall...Anyway, thankyou very much, I found him :)

xCaptainCanadax
24th Aug 2011, 21:15
i just recently got crossbow and heard you can pickup the ammo but when i kill someone and go try and pick it up it just breaks and i get no ammo how do i become able to pick up my bolts?

cachx
24th Aug 2011, 22:01
i seen multiple videos were adam takes out multiple people at once
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYpuzHyEY8Q
like at 42 secs
ive beating the game but idk how to unlock that one? it only let me take down one guy at a time

You have to pick up the "Reflex Booster" aug. It only works if your targets are very close to each other.

Shoany
24th Aug 2011, 22:49
Hey all,
Towards the end of Shanghai Justice, I'm asked to hack a terminal upstairs in the Hive. Simple enough, but there's a bouncer in the corner watching me, and he'll fire on me a few seconds into hacking. I tried knocking him out, but that causes a huge wave of other guards to come running and generally just makes a mess. I'd rather not have to massacre the entire population just to hack this terminal. Am I missing something?

bzald
24th Aug 2011, 23:07
FIRST: im not a COD player in fact im pretty sure i have never played one, the last fps game i've played was mass-effect 2

Map: Sarif under siege
system: 360
Role: using non-kill bullets
difficult: Give me a Challenge (i thought this was medium?)

run 1: through front door ran into patrol's inside (dead with-in 3 hits)
run 2: found roof access got in cleared room, died in firefight in second room
run 3: roof access stealth past first room, firefight in second room, firefight in hallway cleared both, hacked door into big room cleared that. side room spotted by camera's attacked by guards died in firefight (can not mess with camera's?)
run 4: in progress

so im i missing something? do i just not attack guards at all?

do i change difficulty?

odd that im augmented but still so weak?

i don't think it a bug? im pretty sure that how they made the game

loudent
24th Aug 2011, 23:13
I chose the lethal route as well and foolishly expended my sleep darts early on. I spen the rest of the run doing stealth takedowns with the occasional firefight. The thing is, there are generally lots of people that will come running if you get into a firefight so it's best to whittle them down a bit first with silent takedowns.

the other option would be to use praxis points (such as you have access to) to bolster your armor first giving you survivability in a firefight.

Ashpolt
24th Aug 2011, 23:18
OK, firstly, Mass Effect 2 is not an FPS. You could argue that it's a shooter rather than an RPG, sure, but it's not first person.

After that: you can play DXHR by shooting your way through, but that doesn't mean you can just run and gun, at least not until you've upgraded your augs. You'll still have to use cover and think tactically. There's an action route available, but it's more Rainbow Six: Vegas than Serious Sam.

bzald
24th Aug 2011, 23:30
I chose the lethal route as well and foolishly expended my sleep darts early on. I spen the rest of the run doing stealth takedowns with the occasional firefight. The thing is, there are generally lots of people that will come running if you get into a firefight so it's best to whittle them down a bit first with silent takedowns.

the other option would be to use praxis points (such as you have access to) to bolster your armor first giving you survivability in a firefight.

yea same problem with the non-lethal route

run 4: stop because i seen a new route to take
run 5: in progress

btw is there no way to restart a mission?

pruchel
25th Aug 2011, 00:02
so im i missing something? do i just not attack guards at all?

do i change difficulty?

odd that im augmented but still so weak?

i don't think it a bug? im pretty sure that how they made the game
Firstly, if you take three bullets to the face you're either in a horrible position or not behind cover. Stand behind cover and wait for them to finish shooting, or shoot them just as they pop out. Standing in the open = dead. And yes, that's intentional.
If you're going stealthy just use the takedowns. I did the entire first mission without me or the enemies firing a single bullet(or dart).
Watch the guard patterns for a few seconds so you know what they do, find one who's not visible to the others at some point in his route, walk up to him, press Q (that is, takedown, dunno what it is for the xbox) and drag him behind something. Rinse, repeat. And remember you can hide and just throw something somewhere else, the guards will investigate and you can takedown as they walk over.

Anyways, I'm wondering if you can somehow disable those laser tripwires (not mines) without setting them off. I found some in a level 5 hackable door behind the two gangsters bothering that guy with the tape during the stolen neuropozyne quest. They release poison gas, and I can't seem to just put stuff in front of them like in deus ex, at least my attempts so far just seems to make the gas keep coming. Also blowing them up or shooting them results in the same thing. Does the gas just dissipate really really slowly?

K0rN b4LL
25th Aug 2011, 00:43
Ok on Cloak & Daggers I think I hit a glitch. According to the gamespot guide when you take down the MCBs there should be six of them. When I went to the room there were only 5 and the last marker is pointing up into the sky so how the heck am I supposed to finish this mission?

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/K0rN_b4LL/Deus%20Ex%20%20Human%20Revolution/Photo1222.jpg

Solcutter
25th Aug 2011, 00:54
Can anyone tell me where to find the weapon shops in this map? Im trying to remember where I found the others but I remember only 1 in the Hung Hua hotel. Any help appreciated.

Bloodwolf806
25th Aug 2011, 01:15
I just got to Hengsha and I'm not seeing a "Tong's rescue" mission. How do I activate it?

LAST1
25th Aug 2011, 01:26
I want to also add a question. I have the explosive mission pack and i dont have access to the guns or explosives and I dont see an option to get them.

LAST1
25th Aug 2011, 01:32
I just got to Hengsha and I'm not seeing a "Tong's rescue" mission. How do I activate it?

Do you have access to the weapons from the Explosive mission pack? If so, how did you access them?

tinfish
25th Aug 2011, 01:52
At the garage in Detroit, not far from Sarif's building, go talk to the arms dealer.
Some come later in the game, but he sells most of the dlc stuff.

begalli
25th Aug 2011, 01:54
Hey guys, I can't take the shuttle to tai yong medical, cause he not appears. so what i need to do?? tkx

ExDeus
25th Aug 2011, 02:00
Hey all,
Towards the end of Shanghai Justice, I'm asked to hack a terminal upstairs in the Hive. Simple enough, but there's a bouncer in the corner watching me, and he'll fire on me a few seconds into hacking. I tried knocking him out, but that causes a huge wave of other guards to come running and generally just makes a mess. I'd rather not have to massacre the entire population just to hack this terminal. Am I missing something?

go in the back wher u find tongs office, find a carbage can... put it on the table next to the security guys standing at the balcony ( the ones who come running when u take him down.. now, thers a door behind him, open it from the inside, do the takedown, and quickly move him inside the door to the back area.. hide the body... and your good to go

LAST1
25th Aug 2011, 02:03
At the garage in Detroit, not far from Sarif's building, go talk to the arms dealer.

Thanks bro. I appreciate the help.

ExDeus
25th Aug 2011, 02:05
Hey guys I'm in Lower Hengsha and I can't find a store to sell my guns at. If you know where one is please let me know.

inside the hotel with all the ladies.. when u come in, thers a door on the wall to your left

LAST1
25th Aug 2011, 02:08

Since i have the explosive pack, do i have to pay for it or will it be free for me?

yaur
25th Aug 2011, 02:30
My question is about the special bonuses awarded after missions are completed (or rather major checkpoints...)

How on earth are you supposed to get the Smooth Operator bonus? I've gone through the first two missions without being spotted by any mechanical detection, not being spotted by a human, and no bodies being spotted by either as well and I'm simply not getting this bonus. I tried the first main mission over again and made sure 100% that I was never spotted. I was spotted once but then reloaded and was not spotted since yet never get the bonus, yet I keep getting the Ghost bonus.:nut: Does being detected during a hacking session count as an alarm?
in general to get the bonus you need to
have it go to the "alarmed" state I'm not sure if "suspicious" counts or not. This means that getting detected while hacking counts. so
Be sure to disconnect before that happens if you are trying for fleetest of the foxes.
in the first real mission it might be
the turret which is hard to avoid when getting to the terminal that disables it

ghostnineone
25th Aug 2011, 02:56
fighting this boss in montreal is ridiculous i have no idea wtf to do.

iNcRiMiNaTi
25th Aug 2011, 03:00
I was wondering if it counts as an alarm for the foxiest of the hounds achievement when I try and arrest O'Malley and he fights back. I did end up using the stun gun on him to try and get the pacifist achievement too but it showed up as hostile on the radar

Dustin B
25th Aug 2011, 03:41
Ok on Cloak & Daggers I think I hit a glitch. According to the gamespot guide when you take down the MCBs there should be six of them. When I went to the room there were only 5 and the last marker is pointing up into the sky so how the heck am I supposed to finish this mission?

I have the same bug, frusterating b/c I put so much time into the mission. Did everything perfect and now can't complete. Hope for fix soon, I spotted 3 people with that glitch in this thread, maybe should be in a diff thread though.

kasimmorathi
25th Aug 2011, 04:08
Final mission, the lockdown doesn't end even after talking to Darrow. I cannot proceed forward, all my saves are now wrapped up. Please tell me there is a way past this.

wheresmyskulgun
25th Aug 2011, 05:37
In the "Cloak & Daggers" side quest is there any way to get into the dirty cop's bedroom without hacking the door? It's a level 4 interface and i am only level 2 atm.

Use explosives or an AUD.

BlackFox
25th Aug 2011, 06:36
Does Adam have an apartment in Detroit?

I cant seem to find one and there is no reference to it on the map?

I guess its in one of the apartment blocks but which one?

Many thanks for any tips:scratch:

ocstew
25th Aug 2011, 07:54
i just recently got crossbow and heard you can pickup the ammo but when i kill someone and go try and pick it up it just breaks and i get no ammo how do i become able to pick up my bolts?

You can only pick up crossbow bolts that headshot and don't lodge into a wall. If you bodyshot someone or skewer them into a wall then the bolt will snap.

imported_yt__
25th Aug 2011, 09:03
Since i have the explosive pack, do i have to pay for it or will it be free for me?

You have to pay for them, which I though was a bit unfair.

Senka
25th Aug 2011, 09:53
Out of curiosity what desktop theme is your friend using? >_>

begalli
25th Aug 2011, 11:10
Hey guys, i can't get the shuttle to tai yong medical, cause he not appears. so what i need to do???

Jordasm
25th Aug 2011, 11:10
Fedorova on Deus Ex mode, doing a pacifist run, is IMPOSSIBLE.Shotgun works pretty well against her, but how on earth do I avoid getting electrocuted when she runs into those power generator things

Sasquatch519
25th Aug 2011, 11:37
I just can't find a merchant in Heng Sha. There seem to be a million people standing in stores but none of them will buy my loot. Can someone please post the merchant's location?

Jordasm
25th Aug 2011, 11:54
I just can't find a merchant in Heng Sha. There seem to be a million people standing in stores but none of them will buy my loot. Can someone please post the merchant's location?

Theres a guy on the first floor of that brothel/hotel, When you're inside and in the main room go through a door that looks like a ribboned wall.

Rainhands
25th Aug 2011, 11:58
For those that have the regular(non augmented) edition of the game, is the silenced sniper rifle available? Can you find it within the game if you do not start with it? Or is there only one sniper rifle(non silenced)?

ghostnineone
25th Aug 2011, 12:12
Fedorova on Deus Ex mode, doing a pacifist run, is IMPOSSIBLE.Shotgun works pretty well against her, but how on earth do I avoid getting electrocuted when she runs into those power generator things

you have to get the emp dermal shield the only other option is to try and kill her without doing that or bunny hop and hope you dont die. its stupid.

Jordasm
25th Aug 2011, 12:27
you have to get the emp dermal shield the only other option is to try and kill her without doing that or bunny hop and hope you dont die. its stupid.

Well, looks like I'm boned. I've been trying to beat her for the past 90 minutes just following her round with a shotgun and EMP grenades/mines, and she ALWAYS kills me eventually.

nathanj
25th Aug 2011, 13:26
Out of curiosity what desktop theme is your friend using? >_>

packers. i havent had any performance issues with my hello kitty one so if people are having problems i suggest trying that out.

nathanj
25th Aug 2011, 13:30
Well, looks like I'm boned. I've been trying to beat her for the past 90 minutes just following her round with a shotgun and EMP grenades/mines, and she ALWAYS kills me eventually.

i had the same problem. after about 6 tries i just said **** it and put it on story mode. that was just ridiculous. i might try it again if i still have a save that goes back that far. i always keep some extra praxis points unspent so i can get the EMP shield and see if that works.

Jordasm
25th Aug 2011, 14:12
i had the same problem. after about 6 tries i just said **** it and put it on story mode. that was just ridiculous. i might try it again if i still have a save that goes back that far. i always keep some extra praxis points unspent so i can get the EMP shield and see if that works.

I've just given up now, changed the difficulty to normal and beat her first time :hmm:
I'll try it on hard again when my approach isn't basically just "hack and sneak past everyone", and is "Become really badass and prepare for bossfights" :D

Dr Greenthumb
25th Aug 2011, 15:06
So anyone find anything good yet?

atheelogos
25th Aug 2011, 15:28
How do I start Tong's Rescue?

atheelogos
25th Aug 2011, 15:31

There is a hotel/brothel across from the hive. In there, on the first floor, there is a door on your left. Go in there and you'll see him.

Mixon
25th Aug 2011, 15:34
Help me plz :) I dont know how to put my weapons at home :-/ I mean, i dont have space in my inventary to have all kind weapon i want. So if i just frow weapons on a floor at home, will they not disapear next time i come?
ps. sorry for my bad english.

MaxxQ1
25th Aug 2011, 15:41
Help me plz :) I dont know how to put my weapons at home :-/ I mean, i dont have space in my inventary to have all kind weapon i want. So if i just frow weapons on a floor at home, will they not disapear next time i come?
ps. sorry for my bad english.

Apparently, you can just drop 'em on the floor, and they'll still be there when you come back.

atheelogos
25th Aug 2011, 16:03
How do I start Tong's Rescue?

Come on someone has to know by now.

Quickjager
25th Aug 2011, 16:33
I found one in the police station where they reference Robocop

Algent
25th Aug 2011, 16:43
References to Final Fantasy & Tron (see the funny pics topic).

djtanng
25th Aug 2011, 16:49
I hope this game has big scale easter eggs like the tribute room or dancing grunts in Halo Reach. This game deserves it.

djtanng
25th Aug 2011, 17:08
If anyone discovers any great method of credit and XP farming, then please do share.

The only thing I've thought of doing is to hack everything, keycode or not, but this is more common sense then an actual method. Has anyone out there dicovered any real clever methods?

Reven
25th Aug 2011, 17:16
Apparently, you can just drop 'em on the floor, and they'll still be there when you come back.

Your trousers or your guns ?.

On a more serious note do dropped objects stay there when you return to the Hub from another or do they disappear ?.

MaxxQ1
25th Aug 2011, 17:29
Your trousers or your guns ?.

On a more serious note do dropped objects stay there when you return to the Hub from another or do they disappear ?.

I've heard peeps say that they are there when returning from another hub, but they weren't sure if they stayed after shutting down the game and picking up where you left off later. I'm not far enough along to find out one way or the other - I *just* completed the hostage mission in Detroit, and I've been playing a few hours a day since Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Yeah, I'm slow. I'm playing stealthy, and I tried a few different things (reloading a save/quicksave to try a different approach) before getting into the mission proper.

Dr Greenthumb
25th Aug 2011, 17:58

that guy upstairs in tong, you find out later,

K0rN b4LL
25th Aug 2011, 18:56
There any good places to buy stun gun rounds in Heng Sha?

Aceyalone7777
25th Aug 2011, 20:03
Guys just remember after the credits roll (they go on for 4-5 minutes) it comes one of the most important conversations in game. I am not gonna spoil it for you, but be patient and watch.

I can't wait for the next Deus Ex game. This has been the most thorough and sofisticated game I've ever played in my life. Too many messages, too many dilemas, eventually makes you wonder...

Bloodwolf806
25th Aug 2011, 20:18
Has ANYONE discovered how to start the Tong's Rescue mission?

Jordasm
25th Aug 2011, 20:23
Has ANYONE discovered how to start the Tong's Rescue mission?

I just went and saw Tong Si Hung just after I returned to Heng Sha for the second time. You're meant to go and see him anyway, but instead of giving you a main story mission like he's meant to, he gives you the Tong Rescue mission first instead.

Jordasm
25th Aug 2011, 20:46
I'm trying to get the no kill achievement, I'm roughly 3/4 of the way through the game. However, I just read that if you killed the guards in the prologue (First Sarif attack),which I did, you can't get it. Any truth to this?

Bloodwolf806
25th Aug 2011, 20:50
Thanks a bunch!

NKD
25th Aug 2011, 21:09
Not really a spoiler question, but I figured I'd put it in here for neatness.

Does anyone know how the Ghost XP bonuses relate to city hubs? I failed to get a ghost bonus on this one objective that I got it for in my previous playthrough. No one spotted me on the actual mission, but while doing some side missions out in the hub I was seen briefly a couple of times by random gangsters.

Did that bone me, or did I just screw up in the actual mission area somewhere and not realize it?

MIA Silent
25th Aug 2011, 21:14
Hey, has anyone else had a problem with activating the 'Acquaintances Forgotten' side quest? Pritchard is supposed to contact you about it after the meeting with Sarif in your apartment, the second time you go to Detroit but he never.

smblion
25th Aug 2011, 21:16
I shot bao dead before getting the mission to speak with him. Is there any way to proceed? or do I have to load a saved game and go back?

Black-Xero
25th Aug 2011, 21:19
Hey, has anyone else had a problem with activating the 'Acquaintances Forgotten' side quest? Pritchard is supposed to contact you about it after the meeting with Sarif in your apartment, the second time you go to Detroit but he never.

When Pritchard found the open leak in the firewall created by Sarif, did you talk to Pritchard before the meeting?
If you did and Sarif told you about what was in it, did you go back to Jensen's office to read what was said about him through the leak and then talked to Pritchard after reading the notes?

These are the best things that come to mind.

MIA Silent
25th Aug 2011, 21:27
When Pritchard found the open leak in the firewall created by Sarif, did you talk to Pritchard before the meeting?
If you did and Sarif told you about what was in it, did you go back to Jensen's office to read what was said about him through the leak and then talked to Pritchard after reading the notes?

These are the best things that come to mind.

You're right. I never went back and spoke to Pritchard a second time. Thanks for the info i'll get it right on my second play through, thanks

vallux
25th Aug 2011, 21:36
First of all, goddamn these spoilers. Second, if he's dead, then you obviously can't talk to him.

Black-Xero
25th Aug 2011, 21:51
First of all, goddamn these spoilers.

Well, obviously.

smblion
25th Aug 2011, 22:11
this sucks, I dont want my post combined with a bunch of other spoilers. Whoever came up with this idea is dumb. There should be a seperate spoiler forum. I'll just reload my save game. Use yer brains jerks.

atheelogos
25th Aug 2011, 22:17
I just went and saw Tong Si Hung just after I returned to Heng Sha for the second time. You're meant to go and see him anyway, but instead of giving you a main story mission like he's meant to, he gives you the Tong Rescue mission first instead.

dude thanks so much. I've been wondering that for the longest.

atheelogos
25th Aug 2011, 22:24
Guys just remember after the credits roll (they go on for 4-5 minutes) it comes one of the most important conversations in game. I am not gonna spoil it for you, but be patient and watch.

I can't wait for the next Deus Ex game. This has been the most thorough and sofisticated game I've ever played in my life. Too many messages, too many dilemas, eventually makes you wonder...
I wont post the details here but I'll say this. OMFG!!!! Kinda saw it coming, but not really.... lol Know what I mean?

vallux
25th Aug 2011, 22:38
Well, obviously.

Well, yeah. But slapping it on the title and throwing it in with all the other threads kinda makes the spoilers thread irrelevant.

Black-Xero
25th Aug 2011, 22:41
I wont post the details here but I'll say this. OMFG!!!! Kinda saw it coming, but not really.... lol Know what I mean?

He was shown in the beginning so him being shown again shouldn't be a surprise. Still, it was a great cutscene.

Taupe
25th Aug 2011, 22:50
I'm mostly done exploring this place, and still haven't noticed any way to ''shut down'' the robot patrolling the first room. Anyone found a special console/button to do just that that I may have overlooked?

Alternately: Is there actually a way to take down robots without having them turn ''hostile''? I noticed that if you, say, EMP them, they will still turn hostile toward ''you'' for 5 seconds before self-destructing, even tho they have no idea of whom or where you are. Don't get me wrong, I like mysels some robot-killing, but not at the sake of my ghost bonus, so i'm basically looking for a way to take down the robot without him ruining my ghost bonus.

On a sidenote: does wrecking a robot counters the pacifist achievement?

Dead-Eye
25th Aug 2011, 22:56
Use mines.

knicks21
25th Aug 2011, 22:59
hey im at:

SPOILERSSSSS

tai young medical building to get that thing from that hacker. if it matters the only boss ive beaten so far is barret, i was just wondering is the game almost over because i realy dont want it to end like is there stuff to do what percent done am i. is there still places to go and missions to do?

jason95821
25th Aug 2011, 23:02
finshed second play through and very disapointed with endings

choices in game have no affect on outcome of the ending except for 1 optional quest at the end

endings are only clips of videos thrown togather nothing that points to the future

all around good game love the game play buggy as it may be
but i doubt i will be wasting my money on any more deus ex games or games form the publishers in genral
was rather disapointed when the pre order dlc was pulled from steam due to the discount

greedy companys

Black-Xero
25th Aug 2011, 23:05
hey im at:

SPOILERSSSSS

tai young medical building to get that thing from that hacker. if it matters the only boss ive beaten so far is barret, i was just wondering is the game almost over because i realy dont want it to end like is there stuff to do what percent done am i. is there still places to go and missions to do?
You aren't close to beating the game. You still have 2 more of those Black Op agents to fight and then the final battle.

Taggert
25th Aug 2011, 23:08
Hey all,

I've been killing myself trying to find this stupid thing, so I can finish the side quest. I've searched the entire PD and nothing, and I've looked around outside the building too, no luck.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Black-Xero
25th Aug 2011, 23:13
What side mission was this again?

NKD
25th Aug 2011, 23:18
A note on the police station:

It seems you cannot get Ghost or Smooth Operator bonuses here if you talk Wayne Haas into letting you in. I guess because that would make it too easy. I'm not sure if this has any effect on the Foxiest of the Hounds achievement, as I think that's related to getting all Smooth Operators.

Citizen_Snips
25th Aug 2011, 23:37
Tripwires can be deactivated by placing an enemy body in the way.

P.S- I love you Eidos.

:hmm:

dimljajvbu
25th Aug 2011, 23:40
Sarif HQ, after the prologue?

atheelogos
25th Aug 2011, 23:44
He was shown in the beginning so him being shown again shouldn't be a surprise. Still, it was a great cutscene.

Oh I wasn't surprised by his presence, but the people he was talking to.

icedwolf
25th Aug 2011, 23:47
I cannot find the entrance to TYM in Shanghai. The only nearby building I can enter is the LIMB clinic. Can someone help direct me to the TYM entrance?

Kneesocks
25th Aug 2011, 23:54
:mad2:

I just got to the part of the game where you rescue the Sarif scientists at the WHO. The mission log says that the door to Megan Reed's location is open, and so does my minimap. I'm talking about the large steel door right next to the office containing the virus upload point. The door should be open. It is not.

I don't want to reload another save, because I have no autosaves before the glitch happened, and my closest manual save is 2 levels before this one. If there is noclip, or if anyone knows of a website that could supply me with a hack that would get me to be able to pass through a wall, let me know.

knicks21
25th Aug 2011, 23:58
if u mean hengsha theres a building right beside LIMB go in an take the subway,

also you can explore sarif hq after the prologe i actualy asked that question a few pages back

Dead-Eye
26th Aug 2011, 01:50
No spoiler threads? I thought you said you where going to make a whole forum devoted to spoilers when the game came out. Also using spoiler tags in a spoiler forum is just dumb.

jtr7
26th Aug 2011, 02:29
If there is noclip, or if anyone knows of a website that could supply me with a hack that would get me to be able to pass through a wall, let me know.

There are officially no cheats. You'll have to wait for modders to get around to it.

dimljajvbu
26th Aug 2011, 02:42
Thanks. I wasn't going to look through 7 pages of spoilers just in case someone had asked the same thing.
There should really be a "spoilers" forum section or something, rather than a single huge thread...

nathanj
26th Aug 2011, 05:51
has anyone saved malik with this equipment. 10mm (with antiarmor and laser), heavy gun, sniper rifle, dart rifle, stun gun. the closets ive gotten is finally taking out the robot with an emp grenade. just after it exploded she died so i dont know if the emp grenade is actually hurting her or what. i think i missed a sniper but i had taken out everyone else at that point. im on "give me deus ex" mode. i saw the G4TV video on it but its for console and clearly on easy mode cause that guy missed a bunch of times. even if i hit everyone the first time i just keep running out of time. thanks for any help.

i dont have the typhoon aug if that matters.

knicks21
26th Aug 2011, 05:53
SPOILERS
is there anyway to get into the detroit police station armory without hacking

StalkerEST
26th Aug 2011, 07:08
Okay, this is a question regarding the inventory.

Am I just daft or is there no way to slot things in the little inventory bar manually like we could in Deus Ex 1(dragging items to it, for example)? I tried looking through controls and moving my mouse over to it while having the Inventory open, but I couldn't even reach it - couldn't remove the items at 0 remaining(like an accidentally drunk whiskey bottle), not change the order of my weapons.

Am I missing a control somewhere?

vallux
26th Aug 2011, 07:35
SPOILERS
is there anyway to get into the detroit police station armory without hacking

Knock out the guard and then type "patriotism" in the password box on the computer.

xmaddoggx
26th Aug 2011, 07:44

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/K0rN_b4LL/Deus%20Ex%20%20Human%20Revolution/Photo1222.jpg
Go out to the 4th floor fire escape after leaving the apt and look to the roof on your left as you jump out the window with tranq rifle. He should be there, that's how I completed this side quest since I ran into the same glitch.

Jordasm
26th Aug 2011, 08:13
has anyone saved malik with this equipment. 10mm (with antiarmor and laser), heavy gun, sniper rifle, dart rifle, stun gun. the closets ive gotten is finally taking out the robot with an emp grenade. just after it exploded she died so i dont know if the emp grenade is actually hurting her or what. i think i missed a sniper but i had taken out everyone else at that point. im on "give me deus ex" mode. i saw the G4TV video on it but its for console and clearly on easy mode cause that guy missed a bunch of times. even if i hit everyone the first time i just keep running out of time. thanks for any help.

i dont have the typhoon aug if that matters.
I played the on the same mode for that part, and I just threw 2 frag grenades at the robot, it blew up, though I don't think it hurt Malik, then I dealt with the guys with the heavy machine guns (I think it's them and the robot that does the most damage to her) and then the normal guards, I dealt with the snipers last, they take a while to reload after firing. It's pretty hard tbh and I had to retry it a fair few times. I mostly used the stun gun, takedowns and the cloak so they don't see me coming. But with your weapons, you should be okay :)

Crackseed
26th Aug 2011, 09:43
I cannot get access to the Tai Young Medical Shuttle :( I go down to the waypoint and just stare at the glass. No prompts, not shuttle arrives, nothing. Anyone encountered this and know how to fix it? I'd really like to avoid having to do my game from scratch >_<

MissStabby
26th Aug 2011, 11:39
So i've been playing all day, having fun, sneaking up to people and then KOing them for extra trollpoints.
But then, i open a door, and there's lawrence barett.

So how am i going to beat this grenadespamming idiot?
First of all, since my character was mainly stealth and nonlethal focussed, i always sold/dropped anything that could shoot lead or exploded. I have 3 types of nonlethal weapons, and a gas grenade.
Also all the praxis points went to stealth/hack/social augs, so i have almost no armor.

So far i tried different strategies, but everytime it seems that it might work, i get spammed with about 8 grenades being thrown all around me.

So how does the sneaking/stealth/social gameplay fit with this bossbattle.
It seems like i stepped into a totally different game.
There isnt even something in the enviroment what can be hacked to give a advantage.
There's no "convincable" npc that warned me about him, or gave me tips about what i should expect.

I do see some weapons and ammo in the corners of the room, though whenever i go there i just get stuck behind a wall of grenades.

So since i cant "nukevirus" him to death or spam him to death with my little dartgun..
How am i going to beat this character???

Kvltism
26th Aug 2011, 11:42
The stupid boss battles are probably the biggest down-point for this game. It basically tells you "ohhhhhhh, you wanted to use stealth and smarts to get by? Play-time's over. It's kill or be killed, now."

miraa
26th Aug 2011, 11:46
You answered your own question. The room is stockpiled with weapons and ammo. Make use of them.

Conversely, you can just start throwing explosive barrels at him like Donkey Kong.

MissStabby
26th Aug 2011, 11:47
The room is stockpiled with weapons and ammo. Make use of them.

like i said, when i go into a stockpile room, i get grenadespammed before i can even equip the first weapon...

EDIT:

i eventually managed by...

backtracking the entire mission back to the big elevator, i remembered i saw a RPG laying there.
Though because of me sneaking all the time i never picked it up since that thing is kinda loud and lethal...

Still had to sneak/ko about 10 other guards on my way back and forth...

All this could be solved by just having a "ammo room" just before the bossfight.
Doesnt seem so strange, having a ammo depot in a military complex.

Also the AI of that boss was kinda strange,
i got about 3 rockets on his chest, and then he died by his own grenades (because i was hiding very close to him)

MIA Silent
26th Aug 2011, 15:18
When you guys talk about saving Malik, is that when the helicopter crashes and gets surrounded? Because i was killing them super fast but i guess she still died...

K0rN b4LL
26th Aug 2011, 15:20
The stun gun works wonders against Barret. It shocks him and makes him immobile for a few seconds which gives you just enough time to grab a barrel that is near you (if you gotta run to the barrel you won't make it) and toss it at him. I actually had 3 frag mines in my inventory from sneaking up to the antennae in d-row so after I shocked him I tossed those at his feet. The stun gun itself does some damage as well, when I fought him the KO hit was with a stun gun.

ReliantLion
26th Aug 2011, 15:28
I'm trying to get Foxiest of the Hounds on Deus Ex. I'm at the part where you speak to the Dutchman, I have the passport and smart card. So when the video finishes, I have the choice of giving him a gun or not. I've tried it with a revolver and no gun. In any case, the enemy becomes alarmed. Does this affect Foxiest of the Hounds? Also, how do you get out without being seen?

I'm slightly disappointed, because up to this point, I haven't even been suspicious'd or had any interaction with enemies (except Barrett of course)

If someone from Eidos could shed some spoiler light on the actual requirements for Foxiest of the Hounds, that'd be appreciated. i.e. what are the requisites, and are there exceptions? I'd think the above situation is unavoidable if not having the enemy alarmed is required, but if they mean alarms can't be set off (as in wall alarms, trip lasers, failed hacks, security cams/turrets/bots), then that's different.

Forgot to mention: I'm trying to beat the game without any augments.

djtanng
26th Aug 2011, 16:34
This might be old news, but I found a secret area on the left side of the Derelict Row building in Detroit. On the outside of the building, there's a ladder and stairs that lead you to an opening into the building on the top floor. Inside is an empty hallway, but if you blow a hole in the wall with the crack, it will automatically knock out an enemy standing on the other side. His buddy will be alarmed try to find you. After taking him out, you will be standing in a secret closed in area that seems to serve no purpose. I couldn't find any more weak walls and no treasure of any sort. Why are these guys here and what were they guarding? How did they get in there?

Has anyone found out if there's anything more to this area?

Yardwaste
26th Aug 2011, 16:50

crouch and make sure you are walking slow, not running, you can approach them easily, disarm them and put them in your inventory

Yardwaste
26th Aug 2011, 16:54
They really really need more sub-forums here, was going to make a question/discussion thread but because of the silly spoilers

So true. The whole forum needs a revamp with some organisation.

BobTheSpy
26th Aug 2011, 17:05
So I'm at the Omega ranch in Singapore, and I need to disable the GPL jammer. But where I'm supposed to hack it, there's a camera looking right at me. How do I hack it without alerting the camera?

BobTheSpy
26th Aug 2011, 17:08
Alright guys, I made a thread and then I saw this sticky. I was like DERP. So here's my issue:

I'm at the Omega ranch, trying to disable the GPL jammer. But there's a camera looking right at the place I'm supposed to hack. So how do I hack it without alerting the alarm?

thanos
26th Aug 2011, 18:12
either destory it or taser it and hope your fast enough at hacking ?

jackliu239
26th Aug 2011, 18:16
So I'm at the Omega ranch in Singapore, and I need to disable the GPL jammer. But where I'm supposed to hack it, there's a camera looking right at me. How do I hack it without alerting the camera?

Look back at the camera with your augmented Staring Contest upgrade, the camera will shut itself down in fear..

MIA Silent
26th Aug 2011, 20:13
This might be old news, but I found a secret area on the left side of the Derelict Row building in Detroit. On the outside of the building, there's a ladder and stairs that lead you to an opening into the building on the top floor. Inside is an empty hallway, but if you blow a hole in the wall with the crack, it will automatically knock out an enemy standing on the other side. His buddy will be alarmed try to find you. After taking him out, you will be standing in a secret closed in area that seems to serve no purpose. I couldn't find any more weak walls and no treasure of any sort. Why are these guys here and what were they guarding? How did they get in there?

I'f you look left in the empty hallway there is what looks like an old elevator shaft and if you have the 'Icarus Landing System' you can jump down without dying. It's a good way of not getting detected while trying to enter.

dominance
26th Aug 2011, 22:07
Hey guys, I can't take the shuttle to tai yong medical, cause he not appears. so what i need to do?? tkx

Neither can I anyone out there know what's up

knicks21
26th Aug 2011, 22:30
2nd boss fight spoilers

how in the **** can i kill that ******* rihanna *****? im a stealthy caracter so i dont have much beyond a silienced pistol. is there anyway to kill this mother****er? i mean ive been at this for a godamn hour! i even put it to the lowest damn difficulty and spent some damn praxis points on that hurricane or watever the hell its called plaese help me im about to through my ******* controller out tha goddamn window!

MIA Silent
26th Aug 2011, 23:56
2nd boss fight spoilers

how in the **** can i kill that ******* rihanna *****? im a stealthy caracter so i dont have much beyond a silienced pistol. is there anyway to kill this mother****er? i mean ive been at this for a godamn hour! i even put it to the lowest damn difficulty and spent some damn praxis points on that hurricane or watever the hell its called plaese help me im about to through my ******* controller out tha goddamn window!

You must harness's the power of the Gods. Oh and anything electrical will stun her so you can get off a few headshots......;)

PS. After the 3rd time she rushes you she will need to re-charge.

lobstermango
27th Aug 2011, 02:38
So I just beat the game and loved it, but I was curious as to whether or not it has a new game plus option, so...does it?

K0rN b4LL
27th Aug 2011, 03:04
When the CEO lady hides in her panic room and you have to get past a whole room full of guards at TYM, how the hell do you do this as a stealthy character? I have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do.

Awww hell nvm I just found the vent.

Aceyalone7777
27th Aug 2011, 04:04
Ok need to get this straight... 2 questions regarding the ending of the story...

Zhao combines with Hyron so she can shut down the system that drives augmented people crazy and then these people condsider the Illumanati as heroes?

And what the earth are these women that are combined with Hyron?

Krypter
27th Aug 2011, 05:41
go in the back wher u find tongs office, find a carbage can... put it on the table next to the security guys standing at the balcony ( the ones who come running when u take him down.. now, thers a door behind him, open it from the inside, do the takedown, and quickly move him inside the door to the back area.. hide the body... and your good to go

Are you serious? If this is the official way of doing this sidequest then that's ridiculous beyond belief. I have to stack a garbage can next to a security guard? I haven't even been able to do it, there are drinks on the table and they tip the garbage can over. Not to mention that when you move behind the guy watching the hack console he gets alarmed and quickly turns hostile. There must be some logical way to complete this task.

NKD
27th Aug 2011, 10:22
And what the earth are these women that are combined with Hyron?

There's an email in TYM that seems to explain that. It refers to something called a Drone Suit or Harness for Project Hyron, and that drones are expiring faster than intended. Presumably Hyron needs a human component, and until then they had just been putting in new random people as they expire.

Jordasm
27th Aug 2011, 11:11
I'm trying to do the pacifist achievement again, but I've just reached the hanger after you get out of Zhao Yun Ru's pent house, and theres 2 boxguards. Can I EMP them? Or do I have to deactivate them at a console (Which I can't do anyway, because I have no more praxis points left), do robots count as kills?

NKD
27th Aug 2011, 11:16
I'm trying to do the pacifist achievement again, but I've just reached the hanger after you get out of Zhao Yun Ru's pent house, and theres 2 boxguards. Can I EMP them? Or do I have to deactivate them at a console (Which I can't do anyway, because I have no more praxis points left), do robots count as kills?

It's my understanding that robots don't count, but it doesn't sound like you have much of a choice.

MIA Silent
27th Aug 2011, 12:34
Does anyone know the code for the hack box at the back of the upstairs bar in the hive? i can't hack it for ****

Nvm, iv done it. Finally!

vallux
27th Aug 2011, 13:34
Speech battle with Taggart, so good

Teagg
27th Aug 2011, 14:56
(*SPOILERS*) I was doing the lesser Evil side mission. In order to knock out the two people, I used a tranquilizer rifle. Now whenever I go to the area with the police station, all the cops start shooting at me. How can I get them to stop without restarting the game, as I have no different save files.

cmi
27th Aug 2011, 16:25
So...

I started this mission, running around a bit, not killing anybody, not setting off any alarms, but exploring a lot. Finally I reach the hostages through the ventilation shaft but I have to realize they are already dead and the side doors are open? Did some google search and realized I might have been too slow. So, knowing where to go now, I reload my static save right from the beginning of the mission, running the hell to them, taking out just 2 guys (the one right in the beginning and the one in the locker room). Racing to them and... they are dead, again. And are dead when I enter the room. No chance to disarm the bomb. Is this a bug? Or is it a way of DE:HR to say "sorry buddy, don't try to cheat me by reloading"? :scratch:

[edit]
just noticed I got the following achievement:

Unforeseen Consequence: You convinced Zeke Sanders to let his hostage go.

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Brian175
27th Aug 2011, 16:30
I read somewhere that if you take your time at Sarif HQ, David Sarif comes on the comms and says the situations has gotten worse, the hostages were killed. It's probably what happened.

Dentrick
27th Aug 2011, 16:34
Spoilers:

If you go into your office when you first begin the hostages will die. Otherwise, when you approach the room you have thirty seconds to hack the bomb console or it will explode.

MaxxQ1
27th Aug 2011, 16:47
I read somewhere that if you take your time at Sarif HQ, David Sarif comes on the comms and says the situations has gotten worse, the hostages were killed. It's probably what happened.

This seems to be the most likely reason. They were dead before you even got there. Make sure you don't take too much time exploring Sarif HQ before getting to the helipad. You get two messages from Sarif about how slow you're being. The first is just David *****ing 'cause you're taking so long (about five minutes after the start of the level), and the second is the "just gotten worse" line (about 5 minutes after the first warning), by which time it's too late to save them.

Something I noticed that may help is that when I got to the cafeteria, David asked where I was and Adam responded with, "Almost there." or "I'm in the cafeteria." Something like that. Anyway, after that minor dialogue, I explored around the cafeteria and outside around the helipad and had no warnings and the hostages were alive when I got there. I didn't experiment, but getting to the cafeteria and getting that dialogue *might* be the flag for getting to the helipad in time, so if you do that, you *may* be able to explore the entire facility with no time constraints.

Asparatame
27th Aug 2011, 16:54
I'm stuck on main mission where you need to get an employee card from a tai yong medical guard. When I first came to Heng sha I went in to the room with the guard and shot him with a tranq dart. Now i can't seem to pickup the card. I also don't have any saves except for the quicksave and autosaves. Is there anything I can do or do I have to restart the game?

ReliantLion
27th Aug 2011, 16:58
Check outside on the balcony. That's where I found it on my first play through.

cmi
27th Aug 2011, 17:07

aaah. this. thank you :)

Painman
27th Aug 2011, 17:16
Seems like there's only one thing at Sarif HQ before the plant mission that isn't there afterwards, and that's the guy underneath the stairs talking smack about you, who you can confront. I'm not sure if talking to him affects anything later on - if it does, it's probably minor.

You can rummage through Sarif HQ to your heart's content after the plant mission is done.

MIA Silent
27th Aug 2011, 17:17
I'm stuck on main mission where you need to get an employee card from a tai yong medical guard. When I first came to Heng sha I went in to the room with the guard and shot him with a tranq dart. Now i can't seem to pickup the card. I also don't have any saves except for the quicksave and autosaves. Is there anything I can do or do I have to restart the game?

Go to the 3rd floor of the Heng Sha Hotel and check in room 3. I think there's an employee card for TYM on a glass table near the bed.....

77robin77
27th Aug 2011, 17:32
First sorry, but I dont speak perfect english :D

Does someone know how I can catch Isaias Salvado in Detroit? I went everywhere but I didnt find him.

Theres a Text: Salvado ist in die Kanalisation geflohen, finde ihn und stell ihn zur Rede.
What means: Salvado went back in the sewerage, find him and force him to speak.

But I dont find him, theres just one sewerage in Detroit or? -.-'

Help me pls.

MaceUk
27th Aug 2011, 17:33
I didn't hack the bmb, I just shot the 2 containers either side and it stopped counting down.

Rainhands
27th Aug 2011, 18:33
Please help me. I have just returned to Sarif HQ after defeating Barret. I confronted David Sarif about secrets he was keeping but he did not reveal anything. Is it possible to get him to yield or does every option result in Sarif being evasive? Let me know, thanks.

Krypter
27th Aug 2011, 18:48
Please help me. I have just returned to Sarif HQ after defeating Barret. I confronted David Sarif about secrets he was keeping but he did not reveal anything. Is it possible to get him to yield or does every option result in Sarif being evasive? Let me know, thanks.

Yes, it's possible. Keep trying, or get the Social augmentation to help. It's a very interesting reveal, btw.

orate.cl
27th Aug 2011, 19:24
PLS HELP I'M STUCK AT THE HIVE...

I screwed up the two chances I got to speak with mr. Tong.

First I messed up with the conversation with him so he won't reveal he's mr. Tong (idk what happens really, but I guess thats it).
and second I messed up the barman quest to retrieve the broker girl money, so no good there either. I made him mad because I took her augment back.

If I go to talk with mr. tong (unrevealed identity yet) he says I won't be able to talk to him.

I'm no hacker and I have no points left to get to 4 hacking (which there's several doors of that type to open inside the hive).

I got no points into surviving poison clouds so I can't get past the poison cloud in the sewers.

pls help! i wanna keep playing...
:(

Jordasm
27th Aug 2011, 19:32
I just beat it a second time, got the hardest difficulty achievement, but no pacifist or foxiest of hounds. I don't recall shooting ANYONE with a proper gun, except bosses, but I have just heard that the tranq rifle can sometimes kill people...
What are the requirements for FOH?
I know it says no alarms, but can you not allow enemies/cameras/turrets to become hostile/suspicious/alarmed or anything?

Edit
Never mind, I just read you have to get "Smooth Operator" whenever possible.

77robin77
27th Aug 2011, 20:03
First sorry, but I dont speak perfect english

Does someone know how I can catch Isaias Salvado in Detroit? I went everywhere but I didnt find him.

Theres a Text: Salvado ist in die Kanalisation geflohen, finde ihn und stell ihn zur Rede.

Help me pls, I'm stuck there now for over 4h!!

Some told me hes in the sewerage at the police station but I dont know what he means or where it is?
Can someone maybe tell me the way from the police station to this sewerage?

Hope 4 help -.- Wasted so much time there and dont want to waste just more.

Brockxz
27th Aug 2011, 20:08
OK, I will clear this up for everyone:
There is a time limit. The first time Sarif calls you is after 7:30 minutes and asks what takes you so long. The second time he calls you is after 15 minutes and that is the timelimit after which hostages die. So you can't explore Sarif HQ more than those 15 minutes if you want to save hostages. Learned that already in leak because first time i was taking too much time and failed to save hostages so on my second time i decided to take time to see how long you can go around Sarif HQ and be able to save hostages.

77robin77
27th Aug 2011, 20:24
First sorry, but I dont speak perfect english

Help me pls, I'm stuck there now for over 4h!!

Some told me hes in the sewerage at the police station but I dont know what he means or where it is?
Can someone maybe tell me the way from the police station to this sewerage?

Hope 4 help -.- Wasted so much time there and dont want to waste just more.

Piflik
27th Aug 2011, 20:49
Could you please use your existing topic, instead of creating a new one?

The entrance to his lair is in the apartment Taggart points you to.

NKD
27th Aug 2011, 21:55
I just beat it a second time, got the hardest difficulty achievement, but no pacifist or foxiest of hounds. I don't recall shooting ANYONE with a proper gun, except bosses, but I have just heard that the tranq rifle can sometimes kill people...
What are the requirements for FOH?
I know it says no alarms, but can you not allow enemies/cameras/turrets to become hostile/suspicious/alarmed or anything?

Edit
Never mind, I just read you have to get "Smooth Operator" whenever possible.

Yeah. And there seems to be certain objectives that don't behave properly with regards to Smooth Operator and Ghost. I saved my game after getting a Smooth Operator and Ghost bonus and then just hid in a vent waiting for the next objective to complete (waiting for an elevator to arrive), but did not get the bonus. So I don't even feel like finishing my second playthrough now. I played it stealthy and non-lethal like my first playthrough just so I could get those achievements, but now it seems like I won't be getting them.

Tugi
27th Aug 2011, 23:56
PLS HELP I'M STUCK AT THE HIVE...

I screwed up the two chances I got to speak with mr. Tong.

First I messed up with the conversation with him so he won't reveal he's mr. Tong (idk what happens really, but I guess thats it).
and second I messed up the barman quest to retrieve the broker girl money, so no good there either. I made him mad because I took her augment back.

If I go to talk with mr. tong (unrevealed identity yet) he says I won't be able to talk to him.

I'm no hacker and I have no points left to get to 4 hacking (which there's several doors of that type to open inside the hive).

I got no points into surviving poison clouds so I can't get past the poison cloud in the sewers.

:(

I have this same problem too, I messed up the conversation and then I "accidentally" killed the lady I was suppposed to collect money from. I dont have the lung-augmentations to survive the poison gas, and my Hacking capture is at level 2. What to do? Deus Ex wiki mentioned something about ventilating system and one tunnel overlooking Tong's office... where can I access it? From the sewers? I only have 1 praxis point, so I think I'll have to collect some XP to get the another point needed to activate the lung augmentation...

orate.cl
28th Aug 2011, 00:07
I have this same problem too, I messed up the conversation and then I "accidentally" killed the lady I was suppposed to collect money from. I dont have the lung-augmentations to survive the poison gas, and my Hacking capture is at level 2. What to do? Deus Ex wiki mentioned something about ventilating system and one tunnel overlooking Tong's office... where can I access it? From the sewers? I only have 1 praxis point, so I think I'll have to collect some XP to get the another point needed to activate the lung augmentation...

I didn't even killed her, she said about the money "you have to take it from me".

So I discapacitated her and then looted her body. Then took barman money.

Went back I can only turn in her augment.
Bug? idk.

Nyxzy
28th Aug 2011, 00:55
I've had totally the same, Talking to tong didn't go right, killed the woman in the bartenders mission, seemingly go blocked off on all approaches I took, eventually had a sense of humour failure and killed entire crowd of club. Now Tong won't chat to me and i'm just stuck wondering around with a bemused look on my face.. Can't find anyway to advance at all. Bit silly imo.

[UPDATE] There in the basement of the Hive, you can go to a vent grate looking into an office, you can spy on tong through that and see him talking to some belltower guy, through that you get the address of the hacker.

diakos
28th Aug 2011, 01:08
Acquaintances Forgotten

Made it to the storeroom and dealt with the Suits, cracked the safe, got the photos and read the ebook in there, along with the emails on the computer, guides mention reading some documents but no unused glowies in the room

orate.cl
28th Aug 2011, 01:30
I've had totally the same, Talking to tong didn't go right, killed the woman in the bartenders mission, seemingly go blocked off on all approaches I took, eventually had a sense of humour failure and killed entire crowd of club. Now Tong won't chat to me and i'm just stuck wondering around with a bemused look on my face.. Can't find anyway to advance at all. Bit silly imo.

[UPDATE] There in the basement of the Hive, you can go to a vent grate looking into an office, you can spy on tong through that and see him talking to some belltower guy, through that you get the address of the hacker.

How you entered the basement again?

zombieturtle01
28th Aug 2011, 01:47
Did anyone do the Sidequest in Hengsha or whatever where the Bartender wants monthly payment from Jaya (because they gave her a social augmentation)?
Is there any benefit later in the game to helping Jaya rather than Tong?

I payed off Jaya's Debt to Tong (5000 credits) and got the Praxis Kit Tong promised me (so basically I bought a Praxis Kit). I didn't expect an additional reward for helping Jaya, but I was rather disgusted that the game had no follow up with Jaya in any way. You don't even return to her room to tell her her debt is gone so you never hear a Thank you or anything; her character just disappears. Really bothered me.

Black-Xero
28th Aug 2011, 02:29
Did anyone do the Sidequest in Hengsha or whatever where the Bartender wants monthly payment from Jaya (because they gave her a social augmentation)?
Is there any benefit later in the game to helping Jaya rather than Tong?

I payed off Jaya's Debt to Tong (5000 credits) and got the Praxis Kit Tong promised me (so basically I bought a Praxis Kit). I didn't expect an additional reward for helping Jaya, but I was rather disgusted that the game had no follow up with Jaya in any way. You don't even return to her room to tell her her debt is gone so you never hear a Thank you or anything; her character just disappears. Really bothered me.

None of the choices in the game mattered so that shouldn't come as a surprise.It happened for other side missions.

zombieturtle01
28th Aug 2011, 03:30
None of the choices in the game mattered so that shouldn't come as a surprise.It happened for other side missions.

No, the game almost always acknowledges you for doing something. It's not the fact that I didn't get a reward, or that the choice mattered, its the fact that the game itself does not recognize your choice in anyway.

K0rN b4LL
28th Aug 2011, 04:03
I'm trying to get to Taggart's dressing room stealthily but it is hard. I just went invisible and walked in once and noticed that there is a vent opening in the cieling, where is the other end of that vent? I have a save right before doing this cuz I feel like just walking in like Casper is a bit cheap.

ValuedCustomer
28th Aug 2011, 05:56
Just finished the game, and I have to say I'm going to play it again soon. ;)

Anyway, I have a few questions that I hope someone here could answer for me when it comes to the plot:

The last battle in the game against Zhao Yun Ru, what exactly was she trying to accomplish? Well, I know she wanted to control everyone who has the biochip, but the Hyron computer rejected her... so why didn't she stop? Secondly, who were the 4 people in the Hyron computer and why were they calling Zhao 'mother'? Were these actually real people or just robots? At first I thought it was Megan Reed because in the cutscene before the battle Adam like tries to sooth the girl in the Hyron when he kneels at her. Finally, what killed Zhao? I thought she just wanted to control the biochipped augs but she was drawing/sucking in something that made here explode?

I don't know, that whole part just kinda through me for a loop and left me with a lot of loose ends. If someone could clear that whole thing up for me with details I'd really appreciate it.

Redem
28th Aug 2011, 06:09
While I eventually got around it and finished the game, anyone had that problem

in the end game you try to hack holding the pod-people inside the computer, the problem is that the turrets spot you from where you are and eventually break the glass.

The window of opportunity is very small and you really have only one shot at it

diakos
28th Aug 2011, 09:03
Acquaintances Forgotten

Made it to the storeroom and dealt with the Suits, cracked the safe, got the photos and read the ebook in there, along with the emails on the computer, guides mention reading some documents but no unused glowies in the room

Problem resolved, there was an Email you had to scroll to see.

Rainhands
28th Aug 2011, 12:17
I am in Hengsha helping the prostitute on her second side quest. Is it better to throw the pimp off the balcony or simply plant drugs? Will one result in more money or repercussions later on?

wheresmyskulgun
28th Aug 2011, 13:22

There's a shaft leading down to one end of the DRB base. If you have the Icarus aug, you can jump down.

Jordasm
28th Aug 2011, 15:36
So I just started my pacifist playthrough, I'm in Detroit atm, doing "Cloak and Daggers".
Anyway, before I actually started the quest, I went to the MCB hideout in the apartment building, and knocked out the 2 guys guarding the apartment door to save time. Now, once I actually started the quest, I went back there to deal with double T, and noticed that the guys outside guarding the apartment, were now listed as dead. Basically, I knocked 2 guards out, went back later and saw they were dead, does this count as me killing them(Even though I didn't) and do I need to start again?

Tugi
28th Aug 2011, 15:46
Figured this out myself: I found a Praxis kit, upgraded the lung augmentation, entered the basement via sewers, found the vent and heard the address from Tong's phone discussion.

Al.Hunter
28th Aug 2011, 19:03
After listening of her story i said Jaya, that i d speak to the barkeeper and then killed her to get her aug. Now when i visit Bobby: i give him the aug back, but i dont have any option to give him money. As result Bobby is angry and dont want to help me any more to find Tony.

Before that i had a bad conversation with 'Tony' and he wanted to tell me where hacker is hiding.

So now any possibility to find out in which pod "windmill" is hidding... (pod 302 is closed). And i ve used only quick saving.....ahhrrr.. :mad2:

pha
28th Aug 2011, 19:40
Looks like the game is broken. :(

I'm at Omega Ranch facility, I talked to the three scientists and handled the GPL situation, now I'm supposed to take the elevator to face youknowwho but the nearby door which says "restricted area" is still closed.

Anything I should know? I hope I won't have to restart after such a long run.

Mark_the_shark
28th Aug 2011, 22:08
Hi first post:) just been playin first few missions and have just retreieved the nural hub. however upon my exit the cops are now all hostile to me out side, even after a total stealth aproach. is there a way to remove the hostility so i can finish my side quests in that city area ? and my save games are 2 hours apart :(

thanks in advance

Erogath
28th Aug 2011, 22:11
Can anyone tell me if accidental environment kills will count against pacifist achievement? For example I did a non-lethal sucker punch take down and the npc landed in the sewer and drowned. I got XP awarded for a non-lethal take down but does anyone happen to know if that counts against the achievement?

zombieturtle01
28th Aug 2011, 23:49
Anyone know what the song is when you first enter Tai Yong Medical? It's not on the bonus disc :(

It's very simply and eerie. I want it.

Shinobi77
29th Aug 2011, 12:09
Can anyone tell me windmills email code, the hacking is totally pissing me off please please please

zottelkrischan
29th Aug 2011, 12:34
Windmill Emailcode : I didn´t found one. But was it not a "Level 1 Hack" ? Should be possible also with less Hack-augs. Also check Post #40/41 in this Thread.

My BIG HACKING TIP : It´s not possible every time, but it can be very useful: Try to get the enemy/red-node and you will InstaWin AND get all the goodies (without aquiring the goddie-nodes)! So instead going for the goodies AND all the exitpoints you have only to reach ONE GOAL -> The Enemy-Node!

MY Question: in Seattle you have an apartement were you can "store" things on the ground. The will not disappear. Count this only for the apartement and if you drop things elsewhere they disappear? And is there
an apartement in the chinese city?

Greets.

Shinobi77
29th Aug 2011, 12:57
I'm finding the hacking really annoying and boring, ok iknow I sound stupid but I just don't get it at all even after watching the tutorials

K0rN b4LL
29th Aug 2011, 12:58
If you drop something anywhere it will always be there, and there is no apartment in Hengsha.

On your second trip to Hengsha there is a mission where a LIMB doctor asks you to take care of some rouge mercs. I found their first hideout and got the pocketsecretary off the dead body there that says they are going to the sewers, but my mission objective just keeps saying that I have to read the pocket secretary when I've done that like 30 times now. I went down into the sewers but all I found was a Harvester hideout.

zottelkrischan
29th Aug 2011, 13:00
Thank you, KOrN, and sorry, I´m the first time in hengsha, can´t help you.
So It´s hard to put my Sniperrifle somewhere on the ground and leave it alone :-( (killed the first boss with 7 headshots from it), I will come back baby, trust me!

@Shinobi
Again: check post #40/41 and mind my hackingtip from my previous post

vallux
29th Aug 2011, 13:31
My BIG HACKING TIP : It´s not possible every time, but it can be very useful: Try to get the enemy/red-node and you will InstaWin AND get all the goodies (without aquiring the goddie-nodes)! So instead going for the goodies AND all the exitpoints you have only to reach ONE GOAL -> The Enemy-Node!

Greets.

Whoah ****. Is this possible?

Badmagic
29th Aug 2011, 14:15
Named NPC? (first hub spoiler)

We all know what it means, if they have an actual name they tend to serve a purpose so...

Did I miss a side quest in Detroit? Hooker named "Charlotte" (possibly a different spelling but name is correct) walking abound near the undercover cop?

Badmagic
29th Aug 2011, 14:21
If you drop something anywhere it will always be there, and there is no apartment in Hengsha.

On your second trip to Hengsha there is a mission where a LIMB doctor asks you to take care of some rouge mercs. I found their first hideout and got the pocketsecretary off the dead body there that says they are going to the sewers, but my mission objective just keeps saying that I have to read the pocket secretary when I've done that like 30 times now. I went down into the sewers but all I found was a Harvester hideout.

Same bug? inconsistent design choice? for me....

Its the other district, down the large storm drain culvert type area, you find a manhole in that long ditch about half way down its length, go down into that sewer then getting close to them updates the mission.

zottelkrischan
29th Aug 2011, 14:32
Whoah ****. Is this possible?

Hmm, now i think about it, yes it sounds a bit like an exploit, maybe it would be better if you only win the hack but don´t get the goodies this way, but it is true, you can try it for yourself. The only problem: on some "hackmaps" you have only a oneway connection to the red hub, so you can´t reach it.

Rainhands
29th Aug 2011, 15:01
Big Spoiler!!!!

Is it possible to save Malik from the plane crash when those guys are shooting at her, or is her death inevitable?

Badmagic
29th Aug 2011, 15:05
Big Spoiler!!!!

Is it possible to save Malik from the plane crash when those guys are shooting at her, or is her death inevitable?

You can. If you have a sniper rifle it helps a ton.

MIA Silent
29th Aug 2011, 16:44
Does anyone know how to win the conversation with hugh darrow? I'm playing on 'give me deus ex' difficulty n im really struggling. Thanks

Shinobi77
29th Aug 2011, 20:21
Ok a big thank you guys when I actually took my time I worked out the hacking thing,playing last night and drinking rum and coke isn't gonna help my hacking skills lol

Zoso08
29th Aug 2011, 20:33
Hi Guys & Gals...I'm ultrastuck, and I'm frustrated and upset that I don't know what to do.

Here's my situation, I'm trying to meet Tong the leader in The Hive.

I pissed off the second bartender and he told me to get lost! I spoke to first bartender and he's having me shutdown three satalites by hacking them. i hacked the first two after huge trial and error, but the thrid and final hack i cannot complete. It's been hours and hours of me trying....and I'm at wit's end!

Somebody for the love of GOD HELP MEEEEEE!!! :mad2:

How else can I meet Tong?!