PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses

Castagear
19th Aug 2011, 12:52
I question me one thing. Can the Player take off the sunglasses? Take off is probably the wrong phrase. I know they are mounted... Perhaps i can say deactivated, so that the player can see his eyes in conversations.

OhSorryOldHorse
19th Aug 2011, 13:18
I don't think so. But come on now, everyone knows only cool people wear sunglasses at night:rasp:

Cerulean Shaman
19th Aug 2011, 13:20
They said no, but he takes them "off" from time to time in the story.

Castagear
19th Aug 2011, 13:27
I don't think so. But come on now, everyone knows only cool people wear sunglasses at night:rasp:

Yeah like the Blues Brothers or Blade.

JCpies
19th Aug 2011, 13:32

That's the first time someone's said I'm cool! :thumb:

Lawtonn22
19th Aug 2011, 16:06
Forget the glasses, what the coat ?, I think Jensen looks way cooler when you can see his augmented arms.

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 16:20
Forget the glasses, what the coat ?, I think Jensen looks way cooler when you can see his augmented arms.

I like him more with the coat, the tac-vest he has on just seems a little bulky imo
And the coat is as much a part of DX as sunglasses or conspiracies

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 16:35
I oft wear glassess at night,the bright lights hurt,plus nothing says freaky like a man in the middle of the night with sunglassess.

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 16:43
nothing says freaky like a man in the middle of the night with sunglassess.

And a leather trenchcoat

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 16:49
Indeed.

Echer123
19th Aug 2011, 17:58
X2LTL8KgKv8

Seems appropriate.

sonicsidewinder
19th Aug 2011, 18:55
Adam's finished his shift. He's bouncing back home through Detroit...

jVGo8TLp40A

luminar
20th Aug 2011, 17:34
Can we make it official and say sunglasses at night is a DX:HR meme?

Mobius32
20th Aug 2011, 17:48
Can we make it official and say sunglasses at knight is a DX:HR meme?

"Don't tell me you are going to wear those sunglasses During a night operation"

"My vision is augmented"

Edit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfowSe522yI&feature=related

Edit2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To2KassxUeE&feature=related

Frag Maniac
20th Aug 2011, 18:01
In the director's cut trailer it shows Adam talking to one of his associates in his apt with the visors disengaged, then he engages them when he hears hostiles coming outside. As far as I can tell he always has them engaged when out in public or on missions to survey any possible threats. They aren't just "sunglasses", they are equipped with xray vision with which he can see through walls and even bodies to survey skeletal augmentations and monitor enemy movement.

I'm thinking the only time we'll see Adam with his surveillance augs down is in cutscenes. It seems to make the game look a bit on the Lynch side of Kane & Lynch with the dark lenses always in place. I suppose they could have had his mechanical eyes have polarizing filters built in and used a very opaque outer lens to the visor, but the dark lenses give the game a more retro look like it's supposed to have and with dark lenses, people can't see where he's looking when he's talking to them, so it adds a stealth element.

This game is just so bad ass with it's atmosphere and augmentations. I think my fave so far is the xray visors.

ghostnineone
20th Aug 2011, 18:05
i think his sunglasses provide his smart vision, i know his retinas are augmented but i dont remember what they do, display his HUD i think.

his eyes might be extra sensitive to light due to the augmentations.

Frag Maniac
20th Aug 2011, 18:42
In the trailer I referred to they kind of emphasize the fact that right after his visors engage he can see through walls and even through bodies to examine their skeletal structure. As for his eyes, I thought the entire eye was mechanical vs just the retina. They appear to have a lens tube surrounding the retina. I could be wrong though.

ghostnineone
20th Aug 2011, 19:07
in game it says retinal prosthesis and it displays the hud, sunglasses let you see through walls.

Frag Maniac
20th Aug 2011, 19:20
...sunglasses let you see through walls.Begs the question why people keep calling them mere sunglasses. I've yet to see any sunshine in the game, and clearly they are good for more than just blocking light rays.