PDA

View Full Version : Anticipatory: Who do you suspect will be your favorite character from DX:HR?

itsonyourhead
19th Aug 2011, 02:44
DX:HR has some really well designed and memorable characters. Who do you suspect will be your favorite? Obviously a lot depends on your experience of them in the game but so far, my favorite will likely be Hugh Darrow.

http://cdn2.netops.eidosinteractive.com/files/deusex/facebook/97G1acKOBXXbGiRpqGQy/97G1acKOBXXbGiRpqGQy.jpg

Nexus_6
19th Aug 2011, 02:52
David Sarif. He seems like a very idealistic and intricate character.

Igo
19th Aug 2011, 02:56
Who is Hugh Darrow?

itsonyourhead
19th Aug 2011, 03:04
David Sarif. He seems like a very idealistic and intricate character.

Idealistic? "It's evolution Adam, some people will be left behind."

Redem
19th Aug 2011, 03:14

He's an idealist doesn't mean all the idea he's for are good

Nexus_6
19th Aug 2011, 03:18

You misinterpret the meaning of the word. Idealistic =/= moral. It's survival of the fittest. Drastic advancements in technology could mean that those who are unwilling to compromise will be left behind. Having one group of people left behind because they're unwilling to accept reality is better than keeping us at a fixed state of development. I'd say Sarif is dedicated to the idea of unlocking mankind's true potential.

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 03:37
Adam,considering he is the charater we play and all.

Jordasm
19th Aug 2011, 06:40
It'll probably be Adam (Cos we play as him) or Eliza (Because I really like how she's designed, dress sense and all)

EricaLeeV
19th Aug 2011, 07:16
I'm really liking the way Adam is shaping up as a character. I'd say him.

Tecman
19th Aug 2011, 07:35
Either Lazarus or Pritchard. Unpopular choices, I'm sure.

EricaLeeV
19th Aug 2011, 07:39
^ I don't know...I think Pritchard can definitely grow on me if he sticks with Adam throughout the game. He seems like someone who will go through a character change; which is nice. Plus I like the chemistry Adam and him have going on. It's funny to watch and unique in games (at least to me).

singularity
19th Aug 2011, 08:45
^ I don't know...I think Pritchard can definitely grow on me if he sticks with Adam throughout the game. He seems like someone who will go through a character change; which is nice. Plus I like the chemistry Adam and him have going on. It's funny to watch and unique in games (at least to me).

Yeah - it's not very often you feel an antagonistic relationship with a partner in a game. I think a lot of devs are scared that the character will become annoying to the player. It seems to work pretty well with what I've seen so far though and feels unique - I think Pritchard will turn out to grow on me too. Also seems like he'll be a real source of comedic releaf in the game, with him and Adam bantering and bickering.

Character I'm most interested in currently? Eliza (it's the voice - I'll be honest).
Character I suspect I'll like the most? Adam (We'll be spending 20- 40 hours inside his head - if we don't like him after that, there is a major problem).

Agiel7
19th Aug 2011, 09:51
I'm fascinated with Eliza since I'm dying to know whether she really is an AI or not (the scenes where we see Adam physically speaking to her I think could probably just be in a virtual reality program).

After that, probably Yelena. I've scanned through the characters section on the official website and found to a surprising amount of in-depth info on her, which leads me to believe she'll probably have a bit more development than Barrett would have led me to believe.

IdiotInAJeep
19th Aug 2011, 09:55
The fridge.

DisaFear
19th Aug 2011, 11:14
Adam Jensen first up, he is just wicked sick
Then maybe Jaron Namir, he sounds really interesting, having read the novel

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110308181440/deusex/en/images/thumb/8/88/JaronNamir.png/240px-JaronNamir.png

Zoet
19th Aug 2011, 11:15
I'm fascinated with Eliza since I'm dying to know whether she really is an AI or not (the scenes where we see Adam physically speaking to her I think could probably just be in a virtual reality program).

After that, probably Yelena. I've scanned through the characters section on the official website and found to a surprising amount of in-depth info on her, which leads me to believe she'll probably have a bit more development than Barrett would have led me to believe.

I would have to say Adam. I liked him ever since I saw the 1st trailer.
I just discovered the other day that "ELIZA" was the name of one of the first chat-bot programs, a kind of conversation program that simulates responses in a conversation. This made me very suspicious as to whether she was an AI or not. Anyway, it is an interesting 'coincidence'.
Pritchard seems interesting too, but I hope we do get the opportunity to punch him in the face at some point in the game!

[FGS]Shadowrunner
19th Aug 2011, 14:12
Hugh Darrow has identical augmentation to Sam Carter...

I missed that artwork, thx for sharing...

JCpies
19th Aug 2011, 14:24
Steve the hedgehog.

SyphuR
20th Aug 2011, 04:58
The guy in the tutorial who (while dying, mind you) opens the door for you :D

Zorvan
21st Aug 2011, 06:01
Federova.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st Aug 2011, 11:44
^
Nice choice. :cool:

Kiyanavasala
21st Aug 2011, 12:49
I don't know. I'm hoping Pritchard, but I suspect an entire game of "everything you do is wrong" will get old very quickly.

MaceUk
21st Aug 2011, 22:46
Federova.

+1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

knicks21
22nd Aug 2011, 05:24
rihanna

TheYouthCounselor
22nd Aug 2011, 06:16
From what I've gotten from the comics and trailer, I might have a crush on Malik. She's not the best looking in game, (but concept art and comic wise she is) but her ability to make me laugh and show concern for her friends really made me like her.

Dr_Bob
22nd Aug 2011, 10:20
Eliza because of that voice.

FatalSylence
22nd Aug 2011, 13:58
Eliza. Her voice is awesome. And the actress that portrays her seems really nice.