PDA

View Full Version : Will the console versions be easier than the PC?

Jobesky
19th Aug 2011, 01:39
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424124

According to this they tweaked the AI for the PC version. Now I feel like since I'm playing on the 360 it'll be a simpler (and by simpler I mean easier) experience. Will it be the same difficulty or am I misunderstanding?

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 01:59
Because the PC verison is more precise in aiming and so on, they tweaked the AI to be smarter for the pc verison,so we console users are fighting a dumber AI.

So it should be somewhat easyer on us.

cqc_batman
19th Aug 2011, 02:39
Because the PC verison is more precise in aiming and so on, they tweaked the AI to be smarter for the pc verison,so we console users are fighting a dumber AI.

So it should be somewhat easyer on us.

What?:lol: That's a lie. Who the hell told you that willy wonka?

thedosbox
19th Aug 2011, 02:45
What?:lol: That's a lie. Who the hell told you that willy wonka?

It's in the FAQ thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=86841

HOW WILL THE PC VERSION BE DIFFERENT FROM THE CONSOLE VERSIONS?

DirectX 11
The PC version of DX:HR will feature DirectX 11 support for improved visuals. It will have more advanced AI to compensate for the precision offered by the mouse, in addition to optimized controls, and a unique UI tailored to the platform.

What was that about a lie again?

The_Audiophile
19th Aug 2011, 02:51
:( Shouldn't have dumbed down the AI in the console versions, I like my games challenging.

Jobesky
19th Aug 2011, 02:58
Ugh. So I guess I should just get it for the PC then...

My specs are:

8800GTX
3gb RAM
500gb HDD
Windows XP
Dual Core @2.66ghz

ZakKa89
19th Aug 2011, 03:04
You know, ´more advanced AI´could just mean enemies shoot faster or do more damage. I wouldn´t worry about it too much, the highest difficulty is challenging on both PC and consoles.

Zorvan
19th Aug 2011, 03:39
Release games will almost always be smoother than early builds due to optimization that takes place before it gets certified as "gold". I'm not sure if there are more options in the release game or not since the game hasn't released for me yet. They are adding in FOV sliders and such, so they could be adding in more fine tuning under the graphics options as well, perhaps a "low" "medium" "high" or something.

This is my setup:

Manufacturer:
Self
Processor:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz with CoolIT ECOalc water cooling
Memory:
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL
Hard Drive:
750GB/160GB/160GB
Video Card:
SPARKLE Calibre Series X460G GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support
Monitor:
ASUS VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight Monitor w/Speakers 250 cd/m2 ASCR 50,000,000:1
Sound Card:
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones:
Technics SA-DX940 Stereo Receiver 5.1 Surround
Keyboard:
Saitek Cyborg V5
Mouse:
Saitek Cyborg Rat 3
Mouse Surface:
Mouse Pad
Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Motherboard:
ASUS P5G41T-M LX LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Computer Case:
Antec DF-85

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 03:40
It is so refreshing to have other people bust the chops of those whom call me a liar thank you thedosbox for spareing me the effort of having to correct him.

Jobesky
19th Aug 2011, 03:48
Release games will almost always be smoother than early builds due to optimization that takes place before it gets certified as "gold". I'm not sure if there are more options in the release game or not since the game hasn't released for me yet. They are adding in FOV sliders and such, so they could be adding in more fine tuning under the graphics options as well, perhaps a "low" "medium" "high" or something.

This is my setup:

Manufacturer:
Self
Processor:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz with CoolIT ECOalc water cooling
Memory:
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL
Hard Drive:
750GB/160GB/160GB
Video Card:
SPARKLE Calibre Series X460G GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support
Monitor:
ASUS VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight Monitor w/Speakers 250 cd/m2 ASCR 50,000,000:1
Sound Card:
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones:
Technics SA-DX940 Stereo Receiver 5.1 Surround
Keyboard:
Saitek Cyborg V5
Mouse:
Saitek Cyborg Rat 3
Mouse Surface:
Mouse Pad
Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Motherboard:
ASUS P5G41T-M LX LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Computer Case:
Antec DF-85

Sorry for double post.

Nice set up. Like I said, it wasn't anywhere near enough to hamper my enjoyment, but it was noticeable in certain spots. I think I just need to defrag and things like that, it's been slow lately. Maybe that's why.

singularity
19th Aug 2011, 08:10
I for one am glad they made "adjustments" to the AI for this title on consoles.

Seriously - I like hard games, but I played FEAR on PC and on the 360 on extreme mode, and they didn't think to do this. Let's just say that on the PC its a wonderful challenge with incredible AI. On the 360 it is a frustrating challenge with AI that feels unfair.

Mirrors Edge was similar. Beat the game on PC on hard without ever shooting anyone. Did the same thing on my 360 and wanted to break my controller in frustration (and I wasn't even shooting anything - I just couldn't look/ redirect myself as quickly as I could on the PC version).

Trust me - the AI needs to be turned down on the console just to get the same level of challenge. Console players aren't missing out on anything except for frustration.

Uzerrr
19th Aug 2011, 08:32
Found on internet, and seems to be answer to the question:
"Hey dont be so hard the little console eunuchs, they need time to aim their lil vibratin thumbstick."

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 08:40
PC MASTER RACE WINS AGAIN.

But I can understand why they dumbed it down for Consoles, Newbsticks just don't offer the precision that Mice do, and it doesn't offer the quick swapping the Keyboard does.

Lirezh
19th Aug 2011, 10:25
most likely they also made the hacking a LOT easier.
As you can not do anything precise in a fast way with a console controller you'd not have any chance to beat the hacking-AI in a hard mode on a console.
So there is only one option left: the console AI must be more stupid/slow

I'm just glad the way it is on the PC, it stays a real challenge if you choose the hard difficulty.

Ashpolt
19th Aug 2011, 10:45
In all honesty, I doubt the improvements in AI will be significant enough to make much difference to the game experience. It's not going to be the difference between a guard pursuing your relentlessly through the level and one throwing a grenade at his own shoe, it'll be more along the lines of slightly faster reaction times and higher accuracy - the increased difficulty of which will be offset by the increased accuracy offered by playing with a mouse, resulting in roughly the same overall difficulty.

The PC version apparently has somewhat better graphics, and so is "the one to get" from that perspective, but if you're only worried about difficulty, go with whichever platform is your preference. I honestly doubt you'll notice a difference between the console and PC versions difficulty-wise.

balanced
19th Aug 2011, 11:52
:( Shouldn't have dumbed down the AI in the console versions, I like my games challenging.

I don't see what the problem is. The challenge is equally as hard as the PC version. They had to make the AI difference as the console version was harder than the PC version otherwise. With the change they are both the same challenge, the console version will not be any easier than the PC.

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 12:31
The PC version apparently has somewhat better graphics

SUPER DUPER SUPERIOR GRAPHICS.

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 12:32
I don't see what the problem is. The challenge is equally as hard as the PC version. They had to make the AI difference as the console version was harder than the PC version otherwise. With the change they are both the same challenge, the console version will not be any easier than the PC.

It will be harder if you plan on playing on a PC, they said that in a FAQ someone brought up.

jtr7
19th Aug 2011, 12:48
It's entirely based on the speed and precision of the controllers, nothing else.

Cerulean Shaman
19th Aug 2011, 12:51
It will be harder if you plan on playing on a PC, they said that in a FAQ someone brought up.

And then, as the bros tend to do, everyone blew it out of proportion and this mess began on other forums. Beer belches ensued and popped collars rose like peacock feathers.

I mean, I am getting the PC version myself, but seriously..

balanced
19th Aug 2011, 13:02

The FAQ highlighted in this thread indicates a compensation change.
I haven't seen a suggestion the PC version is actually harder. Can you link to a source?

OhSorryOldHorse
19th Aug 2011, 13:21
Oh man, well, I know what version I'm now getting. Granted, I played the leak to test if my year and a half old laptop would run it and to my surprise it can, so I now know to get PC.

It's just more evidence that consoles are dumbing down games...and I own a 360.

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 13:22
"It will have more advanced AI"

Yea, so, the PC version will be harder with the AI, but obviously, if you use a mouse it won't be as hard, but then if you plug in a controller it will be harder.

So, the PC version IS harder, doesn't matter how you sugar coat it.

"It's just more evidence that consoles are dumbing down games...and I own a 360."

True dat.

RKB287
19th Aug 2011, 13:47
People forget that mouse+ keyboard is much more precise then consoles. There´s a reason why there was never a Games for Windows merger with Xbox Live. In fps´s even the crappier pc players would rape the best console players. It´s just not going to happen. That´s why hitboxs in most console fps´s are bigger then the pc counterpart.

Even at my worst pc wise, I can´t play Halo: Reach as well as I play Bioshock, MW2, HL2 and many others...

cqc_batman
19th Aug 2011, 13:48
It's in the FAQ thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=86841

What was that about a lie again?

"advanced AI to compensate for the precision offered by the mouse"

That doesn't mean the AI is going to be tougher. It means they will shoot much faster than console because the mouse speed can be jacked up. It has nothing to do with AI intelligence.

Blackbird SR-71C
19th Aug 2011, 13:53
And then, as the bros tend to do, everyone blew it out of proportion and this mess began on other forums. Beer belches ensued and popped collars rose like peacock feathers.

I mean, I am getting the PC version myself, but seriously..

That's true. We don't know all the specific details (none at all if I'm not mistaken) so don't just start assuming people.

Enraged Penguin
19th Aug 2011, 13:56
Personally I prefer playing on consoles. I just do. I'm not a kid, and if keybinding is what I think it is (assigning which buttons do what in game) then I certainly don't "fail" at it. I used to play all of my games on PC when I was a kid, I was right into Battlefield 1942 and Hitman Codename 47 anyway. So it's not like I'm uncomfortable with using a mouse and keyboard either. I just hate using PCs. Not so much for gaming, just in general I mean. There's soooo many things can go wrong if you aren't careful, and I just don't know enough about them. With consoles I can just put the disc in and play, that suits me better to be honest.

And the whole keyboard and mouse vs gamepad debate is complete garbage.. There's absolutely no doubt about it that using a mouse in a FPS provides you with a greater deal of precision than a gamepad does. But on the flipside you're using input devices that aren't designed with gaming in mind. The fact that a mouse is so effective is a complete (albeit welcome) fluke, the keyboard on the other hand is not so effective. If you honestly think that a keyboard is more effective for motion controls than an analogue stick then you're off your nut. And maneuverability in a shooter can be just as important as precise aiming. Especially when it's cover based like this game is, where you can't afford do be hit too much.

Aegrim
19th Aug 2011, 14:10
PC, more challenge from smarter (Or cheating) AI.

Console, more challenge from retarded Human-Computer Interface.

I don't know which one will be "harder", but it's kind of like picking between being wheelchair bound or using your legs.

Enraged Penguin
19th Aug 2011, 14:29
it's kind of like picking between being wheelchair bound or using your legs.The term "facepalm" doesn't even come close to doing that analogy justice :hmm:

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 14:31
Personally I prefer playing on consoles. I just do. I'm not a kid, and if keybinding is what I think it is (assigning which buttons do what in game) then I certainly don't "fail" at it. I used to play all of my games on PC when I was a kid, I was right into Battlefield 1942 and Hitman Codename 47 anyway. So it's not like I'm uncomfortable with using a mouse and keyboard either. I just hate using PCs. Not so much for gaming, just in general I mean. There's soooo many things can go wrong if you aren't careful, and I just don't know enough about them. With consoles I can just put the disc in and play, that suits me better to be honest.

And the whole keyboard and mouse vs gamepad debate is complete garbage.. There's absolutely no doubt about it that using a mouse in a FPS provides you with a greater deal of precision than a gamepad does. But on the flipside you're using input devices that aren't designed with gaming in mind. The fact that a mouse is so effective is a complete (albeit welcome) fluke, the keyboard on the other hand is not so effective. If you honestly think that a keyboard is more effective for motion controls than an analogue stick then you're off your nut. And maneuverability in a shooter can be just as important as precise aiming. Especially when it's cover based like this game is, where you can't afford do be hit too much.

Sorry, but how does a Gamepad beat a Keyboard?

Seems like you're confused, which is cute.

Also, you don't have to be tech savvy to control a PC and stop if from exploding in your hands, it's a PC, not some complex rocket that will contain 5 people and spend months in space.

If you aren't good with PC's, don't mess around with stuff in them, then maybe they won't break.

Ah, looky here, PC's just just up and break if you're not careful?

Did you confuse "PC" for "360"?

http://gizmodo.com/5046314/the-shocking-inside-story-of-the-epic-defects-that-killed-millions-of-xbox-360s

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 15:02
Keys are big,many and at times confuseing a game pad has less buttons plus it is more or less designed for ones hands so it it easy to work with.

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 15:13
Keyboards were designed for hands, which is also why it's easy to work with.

Don't tell me you thought Keyboards were designed for horses? Well, it is an easy mistake to make, I'll let you off on that one!

Keys aren't big, maybe if you have a big clunky keyboard, but you can easily get your self a Razer or a Logitech.

They aren't confusing "omg a buton wut i doooooo!", that doesn't happen, don't pretend it does.

Oh, and, FYI, less buttons is a bad thing, it means you have to have multiple things doing one button, which is confusing, unlike Keyboards.

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 15:25
Attempting to make me look stupid or feel stupid is as pointless as hitting your head againest a brick wall.

And haveing played a few pc titles myself, I find all the diffrent keys synced to things a pain.

I use a laptop set set along with a usb standard key and a airboard key set.

Seeing as I have run an excuvator for over ten years of my life,I find joysticks much easyer to use than keys.

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 15:35
I think that the people complaining about keyboards are focusing mostly on movement, which, in my opinon, is better on consoles thanks to the stick. WASD offers as much precision as the arrow buttons on a controler, which was pretty much replaced with the stick midway through the PS1, which really helped with diagonal movement.

I just finished re-playing DX on my laptop, so it might just be the typically cramped laptop keyboard, but there were more than a few time where I would try to crouch/uncrouch (X key), but would either hit the c key or the start menu key, which almost got me killed once or twice, and was really annoying. And I get the whole "more keys=more confusion" thing. It took me a while to remember which keys did what, especially with the less-used ones. Even towards the end of the game, I had to keep checking which Fn keys were which augs. And the reload/switch ammo type (; key and ' key) as well as the scope/laser sight ([ and ]) kept messing me up till about halfway through the game. Wheras with a controller, after the first few minutes I have all the controls memorized. But I guess it could be a "because I'm not used to it" thing

Either way, I still prefer a controller to a keyboard and mouse. I can't aim for **** with a mouse and sitting back with a controler is just so much more comfortable than the inevitable leaning towards the screen when I use the computer. But that might just be because I grew up playing on consols and never had a computer good enough for gaming.

And I know this particular thread makes it kind of difficult, but can we try to keep the consol/pc warring to a minimum?

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 15:41
Attempting to make me look stupid or feel stupid is as pointless as hitting your head againest a brick wall.

And haveing played a few pc titles myself, I find all the diffrent keys synced to things a pain.

I use a laptop set set along with a usb standard key and a airboard key set.

Seeing as I have run an excuvator for over ten years of my life,I find joysticks much easyer to use than keys.

You made your self look stupid with the crap that you said, believe me.

To the other guy, if you like sitting back on a couch, it's very simple, hook your PC up to a TV, hook your Controller up to a PC, sit back, enjoy.

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 15:41
Layying back with a controller is more fun,much more relaxing too.

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 15:44
And I just told you, you can do that on a PC too.

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 15:52
To the other guy, if you like sitting back on a couch, it's very simple, hook your PC up to a TV, hook your Controller up to a PC, sit back, enjoy.

That would be awesome, and would get me to ditch the console in a second, but as a starving university student I don't have the money for a gaming rig. Hell, I'm not even sure I could afford the PC controller (all mine are wireless, and as far as I know you can't hook up a wireless 360 remote without some kind of adapter which may or may not exist)

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 15:55
That would be awesome, and would get me to ditch the console in a second, but as a starving university student I don't have the money for a gaming rig. Hell, I'm not even sure I could afford the PC controller (all mine are wireless, and as far as I know you can't hook up a wireless 360 remote without some kind of adapter which may or may not exist)

I think there are ways to hook it up with an Adapter, I done that with my PS3 Controller.

And if you source components for a PC, you can find them cheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHR2vXgJJcE

balanced
19th Aug 2011, 16:02
Anyway, can we all agree the console version will not be any easier to play than the PC?
Because you can't just plug a mouse into a PS3 and have much better aiming.
So the versions are evenly balanced.

Lirezh
19th Aug 2011, 16:05
I strongly doubt and would put money in a bet that the console version will be much easier to play through.

It is another type of player (generally speaking), if they make it hard people will complain and ***** about the "bad game". Happened before and so far almost all console games can easily be finished with only few exceptions.

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 16:14
I strongly doubt and would put money in a bet that the console version will be much easier to play through.

It is another type of player (generally speaking), if they make it hard people will complain and ***** about the "bad game". Happened before and so far almost all console games can easily be finished with only few exceptions.

As a console player, I'm all for difficult games. I'm tired of these CoD level ones that, unless playing on the hardest difficulty, can be finished with your eyes closed.

That being said, the kind of difficulty I want isn't from god-like AIs that always know where you are and seem to function off a hive-mind, but from gameplay that makes you think about what you're doing.

So, if the "improved ai" just means that they have better aim or have a slightly faster reaction time(which it most likely is), then I can live with it. But if they use less tactics, have a reduced line of sight/fov, or anything that makes them noticeably less realistic/stupider, then I'll be pissed

I think there are ways to hook it up with an Adapter, I done that with my PS3 Controller.

And if you source components for a PC, you can find them cheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHR2vXgJJcE

Interesting, I'll have to look into that when I have some spare cash

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 16:32
I agree with balenced.

Also attempts to make me feel or look stupid,are like throwing a rubber ball at the wall,it simplely bounces away,now cease your attempts to start agruements.

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 16:36
Again, you all ready made your self look stupid by implying a Keyboard wasn't created for hands.

And the PC version is harder, as long as you don't have a mouse and keyboard.

Put in a Gamepad and it's harder, with Mouse and Keyboard, it isn't.

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 16:37
I agree with balenced.

Also attempts to make me feel or look stupid,are like throwing a rubber ball at the wall,it simplely bounces away,now cease your attempts to start agruements.

Asking someone to stop bugging you on the internet is like trying to put a fire out with gasoline. Better to just ignore it and let it burn out.

Ex:

PERSON 1: stop making me seem stupid!

PERSON 2: stop acting stupid

PERSON 1: I'm not acting stupid!

PERSON 2: Yea you are!

PERSON 1: No I'm not!

etc.

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 16:40
I have to wonder how those who know how to opirate a skidsteer ,or an excuvator will handle playing this game, simpley because most models I have ran use the twin joystick config.

I am ignoreing it Mobius32,it is a waste of my time to listen to cyber bullies.

Jobesky
19th Aug 2011, 16:42
This arguing is relevant to this thread... how? Can we get some sort of confirmation here? Besides the fact that the PC version has tweaked AI, will it be harder? That's kind of a deal breaker to me.

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 16:43
it is a waste of my time to listen to cyber bullies.

TROLOLOLOLOLOLO

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 16:45
it is a waste of my time to listen to cyber bullies.

TROLOLOLOLOLOLO

And so it begins

OT: Yeah, it would be nice to get some official confirmation on what is being tweaked

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 16:47
You know they wont tell us anything being as it releases in the official capaticy in about four days Mobius32.

We wish they would tell us, but in essence that would spoil the suprise?

RKB287
19th Aug 2011, 16:49
This whole "pc=master race" thing is starting to be nauseating...

Enemies in pc will probably be faster ,and better marksmens, but things will probably end there.

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 16:50
The thought of Nazi's is nauseating,everything is diffrent and has its pro's and cons I like what I use and you like what you use,simple enough.

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 17:05
You know they wont tell us anything being as it releases in the official capaticy in about four days Mobius32.

We wish they would tell us, but in essence that would spoil the suprise?

Yeah, I don't expect them to say anything. Still, it would be nice. Anywho, I'm probably going to completely forget about it once I start playing, since the game is going to be awesomesauce either way.

Besides, I'll be too distracted by the tiny heads to complain about anything else

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 17:07
And I will be too busy delivering justice one bullet at a time,via long range to worry about anything else.

RKB287
19th Aug 2011, 17:17
Thanos, I´m all for diversity. I like to play in consoles(bought a 360 Slim a year ago and I am very happy with the change in pace), and there are those who like to play on pc or ps3. I have no problem with that. I just ask for people to not start spewing crap like this:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/5160888872_a7b299568e.jpg

Let´s just enjoy the game. That´s what the pcs and consoles were made for. Enjoyment.

Riddik116
19th Aug 2011, 17:19
Controllers are built to give the player all the buttons they need to play the game, key boards have too many keys that are never used which is why i prefer the controller over keyboard.

as for pc AI being harder, I really hope by harder they dont mean AI becomes aimbots cause thats just a lazy way to add difficulty...

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 17:24
Has yet to spew such nonesense, my console is better in some ways and your console is better in others.

That I dont have your console isnt because of dislike or that mine is the best,it is because somebody blew the thing up ><

I've been called a Sony hardcore for my troubles a time or two.

Also Riddik makes a correct sounding point.

A Pc by design could be considered an onmitool it can do many things, where as a console is mainly designed for a single purpose,and can do other things if it is the correct model.

Jobesky
19th Aug 2011, 17:31
Back on topic please? Do you all think it'll be easier on consoles?

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 17:31
Controllers are built to give the player all the buttons they need to play the game, key boards have too many keys that are never used which is why i prefer the controller over keyboard.

as for pc AI being harder, I really hope by harder they dont mean AI becomes aimbots cause thats just a lazy way to add difficulty...

I actually hope that's what they mean, because if not console gamers(myself included) will be missing out on whatever more clever means they use to make the AI more intense

Back on topic please? Do you all think it'll be easier on consoles?

I think it will all come down to whater system you're used to. Meaning that console players will find the PC version harder and PC players will have more trouble with the console version.

And honestly, did you not see the system-war coming when you made the thread?

Enraged Penguin
19th Aug 2011, 17:33
Sorry, but how does a Gamepad beat a Keyboard? As far as maneuverability goes, in every possible way. For one they allow you to move with more precision since they can be tilted to any angle. Whereas keys on a keyboard only allow you to move in 45 degrees angles. You can move back, forward, left right, or in diagonals by holding W+A, S+D, e.t.c. But that's it. Moving in any other way will require fine tuning with the mouse by turning your viewpoint left or right.

Not to mention that fact that the analogue sticks on gamepads are pressure sensitive, meaning that you can perfectly control your movement speed with them. Whereas with a keyboard your stuck with one speed, or two if your lucky and they developer has included a walk button.

I still think keyboards have the upper hand purely because they have so many keys though. Especially in RPG type games where you need to hotkey a lot of items/spells. DA:Origins was a good example of that. The mage class on consoles was quite severely buggered thanks to the fact that you could only hotkey a maximum of six spells.

Seems like you're confused, which is cute.Seems like you're in denial, which is pathetic.

Also, you don't have to be tech savvy to control a PC and stop if from exploding in your hands, it's a PC, not some complex rocket that will contain 5 people and spend months in space.

If you aren't good with PC's, don't mess around with stuff in them, then maybe they won't break.

Ah, looky here, PC's just just up and break if you're not careful?

Did you confuse "PC" for "360"?

http://gizmodo.com/5046314/the-shocking-inside-story-of-the-epic-defects-that-killed-millions-of-xbox-360sPC games can still screw up on their own. Random errors during installs, incompatibility with the OS, unmet minimum requirements, all of those things are a possibility with PC games. I can't be bothered with any of that, which is why I play on consoles.

Edit: Admittedly all of that stuff can be put on me for not fully understanding how everything works, but to be honest that just furthers my point. I play on consoles because I don't need to understand them. I just pop the disc in and I'm done.

And to be honest, all you've achieved with the "Did you confuse "PC" for "360"?" comment is further unveil your bitterness towards consoles, and zeal towards PCs. As if the "cute" comment hadn't done your credibility on this subject enough damage.

LaputanMachine
19th Aug 2011, 17:34
Computer allowing, the sheer fact that you can utilize the keyboard to type in login accounts and passwords, keypad and security codes, is reason enough for me to play it on the PC. True Deus Ex 1 style.

If its like DX 1 remake on ps2 was, when you're playing through the game or replaying, even if you memorized some of the computer logins, you still had to go to the datacube or person or wherever had the login info just so you can use that account, since there was no way to just type it in yourself.

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 17:36
Computer allowing, the sheer fact that you can utilize the keyboard to type in login accounts and passwords, keypad and security codes, is reason enough for me to play it on the PC. True Deus Ex 1 style.

If its like DX 1 remake on ps2 was, when you're playing through the game or replaying, even if you memorized some of the computer logins, you still had to go to the datacube or person or wherever had the login info just so you can use that account, since there was no way to just type it in yourself.

Really? I remember a virtual keypad/keyboard popping up in the PS2 version. But it was so long ago, I could easily be mistaken.

Deus_Ex_Machina
19th Aug 2011, 17:43
Really? I remember a virtual keypad/keyboard popping up in the PS2 version. But it was so long ago, I could easily be mistaken.

I've been playing DX on PS2 lately since I can't play the PC version (I'm on Mac) and I can confirm that you must know the code via a datacube, e-mail or conversation before you can enter it.

However, regardless of a few minor changes in terms of UI, lack of location-based damage, streamlined inventory and slightly different environments, DX on PS2 is a mostly faithful console port that, in my personal opinion, does the PC version justice, and is by far the best DX game on any console.

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 17:51
I've been playing DX on PS2 lately since I can't play the PC version (I'm on Mac) and I can confirm that you must know the code via a datacube, e-mail or conversation before you can enter it.

That sucks, I enjoyed digging through notes to find the right code/login info. I hope the console version of HR won't do the same

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 18:01
If you really are moronic and you're confused by large amounts of keys (oh noez!), get one of these, this also allowed for the "precision" that a gamepad offers (Despite that being nonsense, in FPS games, you don't need that much precision when moving, don't believe me? Go watch Cooler & Cypher play Quake LIVE, the amount of precision you need with that game is ridiculous, and they do it all on keyboards).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhLFmpDxCNk&feature=related

http://gamingweapons.com/image/saitek/saitek-cyborg-command-unit.jpg

If you're too lazy to figure out how to solve a problem simply by Googling it, that's your problem, not the PC's problem, oh, and, by the way, it's a very rare occasion to have a PC come back with errors, if you know what you're doing.

And that's the whole point, if you're a lazy person, go play on your inferior Consoles, if you're a real Gamer who doesn't mind a problem occurring once in a blue moon, go grab a PC that out performs Consoles in every way.

"Seems like you're in denial, which is pathetic."

Ah, has the PC Master Race User made you angry?

PS. Games still play with unmet requirements, they just don't run as well.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs44/f/2009/140/2/2/PC_Gaming_Master_Race_by_Claidheam_Righ.jpg

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 18:32
*facepalm*

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 18:37
*facepalm*

Wow, very compelling argument, I give up, you got me there.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eEmwJ6hJ2MQ/TVCjsCNlcDI/AAAAAAAAAEg/UV1WVbHV3o8/s1600/1217664-gloriouspcgamingrace_super.jpg

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 18:48

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eEmwJ6hJ2MQ/TVCjsCNlcDI/AAAAAAAAAEg/UV1WVbHV3o8/s1600/1217664-gloriouspcgamingrace_super.jpg

Sorry, I don't argue with morons or eliteists of any kind. So, see my previous post.

sigh, and you seemed so reasonalbe a few posts ago...

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 18:52
Sorry, I don't argue with morons or eliteists of any kind. So, see my previous post.

sigh, and you seemed so reasonalbe a few posts ago...

Well I guess I am an elitist, because PC Gaming is the best.

http://lolpics.se/pics/13414.png

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 18:54
You cant reason with it, just dont reply to it, you told me to do that, now i`m offering you ,your own advice Mobius.

He's happy with his pc,and we are happy with our consoles,lets leave it at that and be done with it.

It isnt worth the effort or the head ache.

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 18:56
and we are happy with our consoles

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/092/788/original/lol.jpg

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 18:57
You cant reason with it, just dont reply to it, you told me to do that, now i`m offfering you ,your own advice Mobius.

He's happy with his pc,and we are happy with our consoles,lets leave it at that and be done with it.

My advice was for if you didn't want to make things worse. I, however, enjoy poking the bear. But I guess I should stop so others don't have to put up with his stupid comments and overused "PC ruelz" images

Although I have to admit how the wii was depicted in the last one made me lol a bit.

JCpies
19th Aug 2011, 18:58
PC is like a full course meal, you have to go through all the trouble of getting the right ingredients, putting it all together tediously and paying higher prices. However you get amazing results.

Consoles are like microwaved meals, you pay less, do less work, get the (mostly) same result albeit with a lower quality.

Skillet
19th Aug 2011, 18:58

Wow, man. You're such an elitist prick. You're trying so hard to justify your opinion that you feel the need to argue with every person on this board who says they enjoy playing games on a console. Grow up and get over the fact that other people might not like playing games the same way that you do, you arrogant *******.

Oh, and before calling people stupid, use an image that at least realizes that the common arguments between consoles is that the 360 is plagued by the RROD and the PS3 has no games.

Jerk.

ANYWAY.

I think the main differences between the console an PC games as far is difficulty can be explained in one sentence. Playing the game on a console with a controller will be easier than playing the game on your PC with a controller.

OhSorryOldHorse
19th Aug 2011, 19:02
"advanced AI to compensate for the precision offered by the mouse"

That doesn't mean the AI is going to be tougher. It means they will shoot much faster than console because the mouse speed can be jacked up. It has nothing to do with AI intelligence.

Either way, it's still a tweak to the AI.

And to the other guy who posted after me, don't get me wrong, I love my 360. It's great to keep up with my friends and for the social aspect, but for Deus Ex, it's all about the PC.

JCpies
19th Aug 2011, 19:02
Haha, I think those images are hilarious. Try not to trake trollers too seriously.

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 19:03
Wow, man. You're such an elitist prick. You're trying so hard to justify your opinion that you feel the need to argue with every person on this board who says they enjoy playing games on a console. Grow up and get over the fact that other people might not like playing games the same way that you do, you arrogant *******.

Oh, and before calling people stupid, use an image that at least realizes that the common arguments between consoles is that the 360 is plagued by the RROD and the PS3 has no games.

Jerk.

ANYWAY.

I think the main differences between the console an PC games as far is difficulty can be explained in one sentence. Playing the game on a console with a controller will be easier than playing the game on your PC with a controller.

NICE COUNTER ARGUMENT

NOT

http://operatorchan.org/r/src/r18607_b12817_boxer-lol.jpg

LaputanMachine
19th Aug 2011, 19:04
Yeah, kind of a buzzkill for huge fanboys like me that replay the game like X amount of times. I wanna be able to just go up and type in some arbitrary keypad code for the mole people instead of talking to curly for it, but you can't on the consoles.

Obvoiusly this won't matter for 1st time play throughs, but replays when you remember specific codes in logins that could easily be bypassed without going and talking to some random guy for the password, it just gets a little annoying.

Skillet
19th Aug 2011, 19:08
NICE COUNTER ARGUMENT

NOT

Hypocrite.

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 19:08
NICE COUNTER ARGUMENT

NOT

http://operatorchan.org/r/src/r18607_b12817_boxer-lol.jpg

Your use of quick google searched images is outstanding. The fact that you're actually wasting your time looking for them is sad

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 19:10
Your use of quick google searched images is outstanding. The fact that you're actually wasting your time looking for them is sad

http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/COME-AT-ME-BRO.jpg

Skillet
19th Aug 2011, 19:11
Haha, I think those images are hilarious. Try not to trake trollers too seriously.

I don't take him seriously. I worry he actually believes what he says.

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 19:12
http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/COME-AT-ME-BRO.jpg

Your link failed, try again bro

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 19:13
Your link failed, try again bro

http://lolmart.com/files/2011/03/harry-potter-come-at-me-bro.jpg

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 19:17
http://lolmart.com/files/2011/03/harry-potter-come-at-me-bro.jpg

Harry Potter, really? I was expecting a funny come at me bro. Hell, the standard cat one would have been better

I find your lack of google skills disturbing

Edit: I wonder how long the mods will let this go on for? As fun as this is, I'm sure its breaking the TOU somehow

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 19:18
Harry Potter, really? I was expecting a funny come at me bro. Hell, the standard cat one would have been better

I find your lack of google skills disturbing

http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/sign_nou05.jpg

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 19:22
While it doesn't make much sense, it still made me lol a bit. Are we even semi-arguing anymore? I can't tell

I think we're witnessing what happens when trolls die

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 19:24
Maybe, I'm just getting up images whilst watching ArmA 3 gameplay.

OH WAIT YOU DON'T GET ARMA 3 LOOOOOOOOL

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 19:26
Maybe, I'm just getting up images whilst watching ArmA 3 gameplay.

OH WAIT YOU DON'T GET ARMA 3 LOOOOOOOOL

ArmA 3? Never heard of it

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 19:28
Wouldn't expect Console peasants to know it, it's a PC Exclusive.

OhSorryOldHorse
19th Aug 2011, 19:30

i can see youre having a good time baiting people lol

The77s
19th Aug 2011, 19:33
Not a good time, a great time, lol.

OhSorryOldHorse
19th Aug 2011, 19:34
good, great, same thing XD doesn't bother me cuz I can see the good in both consoles and PCs

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 19:35
This guy really is a nazi.......

I wash my hands of this mess,My time has been wasted enough as it is.

Mobius32
19th Aug 2011, 19:35

Oh how predictable trolls can be. If I could bet on what your responses would be to any given statement, I would be rich.

It must not be too big a game, since I usually hear about PC exclusive heavy hitters, which don't seem to be as common as they used ot be. Oh well

OhSorryOldHorse
19th Aug 2011, 19:36
Oh how predictable trolls can be. If I could bet on what your responses would be to any given statement, I would be rich.

It must not be too big a game, since I usually hear about PC exclusive heavy hitters, which don't seem to be as common as they used ot be. Oh well

dude, hes winning for the simple fact that you're responding to him and continuing the argument lol. let it be.

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 19:37
This guy really is a nazi.......

I wash my hands of this mess,My time has been wasted enough as it is.

The77s
good, great, same thing XD doesn't bother me cuz I can see the good in both consoles and PCs

So do I, I own all 3 current Gen Consoles, they're great (Don't like the 360 too much), I'm just not blind to see that the PC is better, doesn't make Consoles worse, just means they aren't as good, but who cares?

These people I'm baiting care, that's who.

PS. I'm not a Nazi.

http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/8f/8f986f66183581fd04e8147e0bb028bed7679659_full.jpg

Mobius32
Not a good time, a great time, lol.

I agree :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
As I thought... this thread went nowhere exciting. Closed.

EDIT: Infractions also issued.