PDA

View Full Version : When is there a PS3 demo coming out?

balanced
17th Aug 2011, 22:08
I only buy my games after enjoying them from trying a demo. I like the sound of this new Deus EX, so I'm wondering when the demo will be released for PS3.

thanos
17th Aug 2011, 22:11
No demo known of,prehaps after release of game demo shall they make in attempt to bring in a few more customers ?

Was here before likely lock.

balanced
17th Aug 2011, 22:39
I will be a definite customer if it's good.
Shame to miss out on the release day, the only other thing that could persuade me to buy blind is if the reviews were outstanding in consensus.

(I don't do renting either, so that's not an option. I don't see why I should pay to try something before I buy. I don't pay a car dealer to test drive a car before deciding If I like it.)
A demo is definitely a good idea for Eidos.

Zorvan
17th Aug 2011, 22:46
I will be a definite customer if it's good.
Shame to miss out on the release day, the only other thing that could persuade me to buy blind is if the reviews were outstanding in consensus.

(I don't do renting either, so that's not an option. I don't see why I should pay to try something before I buy. I don't pay a car dealer to test drive a car before deciding If I like it.)
A demo is definitely a good idea for Eidos.

The lowest review at the moment is an 8/10 by Playstation Magazine, most likely because it's not Call of Duty ( the reviewer actually uses CoD as a comparison which is laughable ) and it's not a PS exclusive.

All other reviews so far have been 9/10 and 10/10.

hashi
17th Aug 2011, 22:52
There will be a demo released tomorrow, 19 August, 2011, EST. It is coming out on PSN and on Steam.

Nolerhn
17th Aug 2011, 22:58
There will be a demo released tomorrow, 19 August, 2011, EST. It is coming out on PSN and on Steam.

Do you have a source? I just did a quick search and didn't find anything other than preview demos (Gamespot, IGN, Pax, etc).

Nexus_6
17th Aug 2011, 23:07
I certainly hope there will be one, but I doubt it will happen. The game's release is but 5 days away, I believe they would have released a demo by now.

Zorvan
17th Aug 2011, 23:09
Do you have a source? I just did a quick search and didn't find anything other than preview demos (Gamespot, IGN, Pax, etc).

I think he got it from speakingoutofhisbutt.com.

thanos
17th Aug 2011, 23:21
Most likely

deusfox
17th Aug 2011, 23:30
What with everything thats going on (region locks and the other thing), an official demo release right now would be pretty awesome timing, and give something positive to talk about untill next week, I don't know what Hashi knows that the rest of us dont, but here's hoping he's right

Zorvan
17th Aug 2011, 23:41
What with everything thats going on (region locks and the other thing), an official demo release right now would be pretty awesome timing, and give something positive to talk about untill next week, I don't know what Hashi knows that the rest of us dont, but here's hoping he's right

True. And it can't be too hard, since they could just shorten the leaked build and call it a "demo". Damn thing was as stable and polished as most "release builds" I've played. In fact, I don't know if anyone who played it noticed, but it actually states it's a PS3 build at the bottom of the main menu screen.

balanced
18th Aug 2011, 00:05
Being a new member I just read the forum terms of use. That can't even be talked about.

I just want a PSN store demo out before the 26th.
Even if it's just a tiny segment of game time limited.
I don't get much from trailers.

Zorvan
18th Aug 2011, 01:21
Being a new member I just read the forum terms of use. That can't even be talked about.

Eidos has been letting people talk about it ever since it happened. The "leak" seems to have convinced more people to buy the game than their regular marketing did.

thanos
18th Aug 2011, 01:26
the leak is good for business and as Zorvan said ,the admins and the company has pretty much given us free roam to speak about it. Attempting to quash the rumors or muzzle us all would not be easy to do.

No more so than putitng a lid on the leaked copy,cats pretty much outa the bag there.

MaxxQ1
18th Aug 2011, 06:01

The leaked demo *can* be talked about, but *only* in "The Hive" thread stickied at the top of the forum.

DXeXodus
18th Aug 2011, 06:07
The leaked demo *can* be talked about, but *only* in "The Hive" thread stickied at the top of the forum.

This is true. Kindly adhere to this request please people.

As for a demo, I highly doubt we will see a pre-release demo. I don't know where hashi got that information but I wouldn't bet my life on it if I were any of you.

Fragment
18th Aug 2011, 11:52
This is true. Kindly adhere to this request please people.

As for a demo, I highly doubt we will see a pre-release demo. I don't know where hashi got that information but I wouldn't bet my life on it if I were any of you.

What a shame :C

I would like to see how it really does on the PS3. The OPM review was ignorant of what just sort of game Deus Ex is and my PC isn't good enough to run HR.

But it's not that unexpected really. You usually see alot of game put demos out months after the game was released.

balanced
18th Aug 2011, 14:00
I would like to know the reasoning why demos are not released to entice new customers, especially those who are not even interested in the type of game this is. If they habitually download and play all PSN demos each week they could discover intriguing game play and make an unexpected purchase. This has happened to me before.
In this case I'm already interested in Deus Ex as I played the original when it first came out. I want to know how this plays on the PS3, I only have a netbook computer so PC version is not an option.

FatalSylence
18th Aug 2011, 14:12
Honestly... Just buy it. The game is going to be amazing. Or, play the original DX1 on your PC and see what you think.

balanced
18th Aug 2011, 16:25
I'm already interested in Deus Ex as I played the original when it first came out.

play the original DX1 on your PC and see what you think.

ZakKa89
18th Aug 2011, 17:11
The game will be amazing, trust me. I've played the first 10 hours.

FatalSylence
18th Aug 2011, 18:52

Well, then, if you liked it, buy it. =) There's some good deals going on from Green Man Gaming. I got the Aug. Edition for $40.

thanos
18th Aug 2011, 19:09
And here I payed 70-80$ for the augmented verison

Zorvan
18th Aug 2011, 19:29

Tell you what, i think outside of Steam's mega-sales, I'm going to be buying all my steam games from GMG. Not only are they cheaper, but the staff ( not just the mods ) actually interact with their customers on the forums and are quick to address any concerns ( like the region lock crap ), unlike Steam where the staff basically sit on their thrones and look down upon the unwashed masses and occasionally deem your concerns worth a response.

FatalSylence
18th Aug 2011, 19:30

Ouch. I would have payed that, though. I was simply looking for deals and found Green Man Gaming, which I had never heard of before. I figured what the heck and bought. I know they had the standard edition for $28 at one point.

thanos
18th Aug 2011, 19:53
Under selling can come back to bite you in the rear.

cqc_batman
19th Aug 2011, 02:58
I only buy my games after enjoying them from trying a demo. I like the sound of this new Deus EX, so I'm wondering when the demo will be released for PS3.

Best thing I can tell you is to download the prebuild in some torrent site and try it. I did and it's good. Getting my xbox 360 copy tomorrow since this game store I go to is releasing it early. They should have released a demo though. Very stupid move on their part.

thanos
19th Aug 2011, 03:46
Lucky you, your store is releaseing it to you early at the cost of likely haveing to pay a fine,and yes a demo should have been released and most likely will be in the future to give potental buyers a taste,also the rumor of supposedly haveing a demo released on the 19th ?

In roughly 20 minutes it will be the 19th here and I shall permantly either prove or quash such a rumor.