PDA

View Full Version : Aug 15 New Gameplay trailer!

tZer
16th Aug 2011, 08:11
It's in japanese, but it shows off a few things we haven't seen yet! Some heavy and augmented enemies, plasma gun and laser rifle, etc. Showing off the game to japanese Audiences while trying to explain EVERYTHING:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Ee95UW0Qg

ocstew
16th Aug 2011, 08:14
I have to admit, it's kinda weird listening to a manly Japanese voice over but I'm liking it :P

1.37 - That guy is MASSIVE

NKD
16th Aug 2011, 08:33
Combatu riferu!

pringlepower
16th Aug 2011, 08:50
Things to learn from this trailer:

-Enemy augs can cloak in battle. Awesome! Meaning other augmented soldiers will use their aug powers in combat as well
-There seems to be a plasma rifle, or something that shoots balls of energy
-Japanese is stealing and repurposing way too many English words

Jack Dandy
16th Aug 2011, 10:45
OG-MEN-TEH-SHON

Don't they have a word for it in Japanese? :scratch:

MaceUk
16th Aug 2011, 10:50
It sounds great in Japanese, fits it nicely. The weapon that shoots balls of energy is the P.E.P.S. you can see one of the guards get up after being hit by it.

Charadesmith
16th Aug 2011, 10:52
That's curious. Western trailers are hollywoodesque shows of action and cinematic vibes while japanese trailer actually explains the game. Is this supposed to mean something? Hm hm?

Solid_1723
16th Aug 2011, 10:54
It sounds great in Japanese, fits it nicely. The weapon that shoots balls of energy is the P.E.P.S. you can see one of the guards get up after being hit by it.

I think he was referring to the weapon seen at 2:00 which is indeed the plasma rifle.

Senka
16th Aug 2011, 10:57
^ Yeah but there was also a plasma rifle esque weapon and what looked like a laser weapon too. Not sure if it's the same one as in one of the older trailers that goes through walls, I'm guessing not though? Looks pretty good, so pumped :D

tZer
16th Aug 2011, 11:29
Different weapons:
Laser rifle -> Shoots through Walls
Plasma Rifle -> Shoots green balls in succession
Peps gun -> Shoots a non-lethal burst of energy that can knock numerous enemies down/out

Biggus
16th Aug 2011, 11:42
i even understood some words like combato and stealth :-)

ZakKa89
16th Aug 2011, 11:48
Combatu riferu!

This is why after I finished the game, I would love to replay it again with the japanese dub and english subtitles. Japanese language sounds awesome, and they have great voice actors over there.

Ashpolt
16th Aug 2011, 13:38
Notice how virtually none of this trailer is in first person? Presumably, because the Japanese market by and large hates FPP games, and it'll be much easier to sell it over there as a third person actioner. Sneaky.

Charadesmith
16th Aug 2011, 13:48
Probably trying to sell it to the metal gear fans

Skillet
16th Aug 2011, 13:59
This video is hilarious with subtitles turned on, and the captions translated from Japanese to English.

Dr_Bob
16th Aug 2011, 14:17
This video is hilarious with subtitles turned on, and the captions translated from Japanese to English.

Clinton democrats.

thanos
16th Aug 2011, 15:21
...........................Tastey.

thiswontlast
16th Aug 2011, 16:36
It sounds weird in other languages..

Free 7hinker
16th Aug 2011, 17:02
Probably trying to sell it to the metal gear fans

The game does have a Metal Gear-feel to it, too.

lol
16th Aug 2011, 20:43
You're either a troll or a complete dumbass. Either way, please shut up.

good post with no reasons to back up.Makes you look like a total ignorant moron btw.

VectorM
16th Aug 2011, 21:11
Combatu riferu!

Turankuraizah raifah!

That's curious. Western trailers are hollywoodesque shows of action and cinematic vibes while japanese trailer actually explains the game. Is this supposed to mean something? Hm hm?

It means you've barely seen any japanese trailers.

good post with no reasons to back up.Makes you look like a total ignorant moron btw.

How about the FACT that Pokemon is, indeed, VERY popular in the west as well?

western franchises should stay western.Period.

How dare those midgets with closed eyes dub our superior Western game! They have no right to pollute the franchise with their gibberish!

Mackhine
16th Aug 2011, 22:43
Pretty much in line with what we saw with the "now playing (http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=now_playing_deus_ex_human_revolution20110805&tag=calendar%3Btitle%3B3)" and "on the spot" (http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?event=on_the_spot20110811#play) videos over on gamespot. I really like how the gameplay looks and can't wait to try it.

AlterEqo
17th Aug 2011, 18:16
Do the enemies really just stand out in the open like at the beginning of the video?! They seem kinda stupid... I hope they are all not that dumb.

Rainbow6Team
17th Aug 2011, 19:21
Oooo a new energy weapon.

We'll be going pew! pew! like Mass Effect.