PDA

View Full Version : Creating a META?

misterdeer
22nd Apr 2014, 15:08
Coming from League of Legends, Hearthstone, and Counterstrike I'm ALL about sharing strategies and theory crafting at the same time. So, I would like to see what people have got going so far, I have a couple ideas myself, but nothing big as I just got in the beta.

For vampire side. I think a great team strategy would be to have two sentiniels that are good at swopping in and picking people off. And the two of any other class. Have your flyers go pick a guy up then drop him off away form his team and to your team mates. A good strategy for human side is to stay together, if you can split them up, it should be too easy to win. Best to have two flyers so as they both go in there's confusion for the humans to target and effectively protect themselves. Now you could always do, two flyers and two other class that can go in deal damage then the flyers pick a human up to finish the kill, but this adds too much of a chance of your two ground vamps to be targeted while your flyers are trying to pick some up. I could see these working, at the same time not.

Human side. Stay together! Have a healer and GROUP. As the camps start coming in keep them at bay, maybe using the kick ability and dodging often. explosive shots and the flash bang as they get close along with the healing can create an easy fight for human side. The only problem I see with grouping is the AOE (area of effect) abilities by vamps. So, in that case I would say wait for the camps to pop that then the whole team shift then pop the healing. But staying together seems perfect because vamps need to charge in and if you have the damage and synergy you can get them at least 2/3's down before they even start doing damage to you. One thing i saw that worked was have someone thats good at far shots over watch that other 3 but STAYING NEAR so they can get damage down before the rest of your team even sees the vamps.

Any thoughts on this would be great, I'm trying to get more keys for my friends to join me that way I can really test this vs trying to get randoms to do it with me...plus like I said I just got in, still getting a feel for things.

cmstache
22nd Apr 2014, 15:39
Coming from League of Legends, Hearthstone, and Counterstrike I'm ALL about sharing strategies and theory crafting at the same time. So, I would like to see what people have got going so far, I have a couple ideas myself, but nothing big as I just got in the beta.

For vampire side. I think a great team strategy would be to have two sentiniels that are good at swopping in and picking people off. And the two of any other class. Have your flyers go pick a guy up then drop him off away form his team and to your team mates. A good strategy for human side is to stay together, if you can split them up, it should be too easy to win. Best to have two flyers so as they both go in there's confusion for the humans to target and effectively protect themselves. Now you could always do, two flyers and two other class that can go in deal damage then the flyers pick a human up to finish the kill, but this adds too much of a chance of your two ground vamps to be targeted while your flyers are trying to pick some up. I could see these working, at the same time not.

Not complex enough, and won't work. Those sentinels won't make it out with a person alive.

Human side. Stay together! Have a healer and GROUP. As the camps start coming in keep them at bay, maybe using the kick ability and dodging often. explosive shots and the flash bang as they get close along with the healing can create an easy fight for human side. The only problem I see with grouping is the AOE (area of effect) abilities by vamps. So, in that case I would say wait for the camps to pop that then the whole team shift then pop the healing. But staying together seems perfect because vamps need to charge in and if you have the damage and synergy you can get them at least 2/3's down before they even start doing damage to you. One thing i saw that worked was have someone thats good at far shots over watch that other 3 but STAYING NEAR so they can get damage down before the rest of your team even sees the vamps.

Eh, again not enough detail. Doesn't take class balance into account.

Any thoughts on this would be great, I'm trying to get more keys for my friends to join me that way I can really test this vs trying to get randoms to do it with me...plus like I said I just got in, still getting a feel for things.

The thing I don't like about this kind of stuff it that it takes the "human" out of it. People will adjust and react accordingly. The only way you'll be able to do any real strategy is through practice with a team, and much of that will come organically.