PDA

View Full Version : Replay Value?

Amitush
15th Aug 2011, 08:03
I LOVE U GUNTHER HERMAN!!
What? oh, I mean, how many times do you think youll play the game?
Hopefully as many as DX1 atleast
Oh, and a skull - gun to my head plz

The_Audiophile
15th Aug 2011, 13:08
Since I always try to get all the achievements for the games I love the most, I'm probably doing about 3 playthroughs back to back. Then in the future I will revisit it from time to time.

The77s
15th Aug 2011, 13:16
My first play through will be hacking (Always been interested in it, especially since I'm too stupid to become a real life White Hat) with Stealth.

Second will be Stealth and Exploration.

Third will be Hacking but using the Hacking to kill enemies.

4th will be Confrontation and Exploration.

Then I'll check out if the game is modifiable and if it is, I'll get some Mods people have made.

After that I'll probably put it down for a while till DLC is released and play some Red Orchestra 2.

But, yea, I can imagine this game will have a huge replay value, just like the first game.

thanos
15th Aug 2011, 18:36
If we have storage somewher,e then i`m going on a weapons collection spree,hopefuly they will release a dlc where i can buy the double barreled shotgun and the sniper rifle,i dont mind dropping a few bucks for those two weapons or the creds.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Aug 2011, 18:55
In order to experience ALL the augs and weapons in the game, you HAVE to replay it. :cool:

Taken from the FAQs:

WHAT ABOUT MULTIPLE ENDINGS & REPLAYABILITY?
Several endings are confirmed for Deus Ex: Human Revolution - each the climax of a substantial campaign. You won't be able to experience all the augmentations or weapons on the first play through - economy will come into play. Just like in real life - you can't have it all. You can play again and have new abilities, new weapons and these will affect your game experience, opening new areas. You can't have everything at once; some decisions will mean the forfeit of alternatives.

thanos
15th Aug 2011, 18:59
True, and so far we dont know or it hasnt been confirmed about new game plus,or if we start form zero again.

OhSorryOldHorse
15th Aug 2011, 19:19
True, and so far we dont know or it hasnt been confirmed about new game plus,or if we start form zero again.

I'd much rather start from scratch again. New game plus would sort of defeat the purpose of exploring for weapons again because you already have them.

thanos
15th Aug 2011, 19:26
But in theory it would also allow you to max out all your aug's and likely allow you to collect all the weapons.,but starting again form scratch can be fun too.

pi r squared
15th Aug 2011, 21:01
True, and so far we dont know or it hasnt been confirmed about new game plus,or if we start form zero again.There are at least two developer interview videos where it is confirmed there is no New Game+.

thanos
16th Aug 2011, 03:36
I trust anything I hear as far as I can throw it until such time that I see it for myself, its much harder to cheat me than it is other people