PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to do an unboxing?

MaceUk
14th Aug 2011, 18:44
I'm the UK so will have to wait a couple more days from when the US gets it so is anyone on that side of the pond planning on doing a youtube unboxing?

Be nice to see the artbook.

Skillet
14th Aug 2011, 19:33
I'm sure someone will. Every time a collector's edition of a game comes out, there are like 50 unboxing videos uploaded on day one.

Dr_Bob
14th Aug 2011, 19:47
xrdHe__tt3U

MaceUk
14th Aug 2011, 20:07
xrdHe__tt3U

Lol :)

Skillet
14th Aug 2011, 20:13
While I find that video humorous, and have since I first saw it many moons ago, some people actually are curious about what, exactly, they'll be getting with certain collector's editions of games.

The idea that nobody should make an unboxing video because they may be boring for "most" people is akin to saying nobody should make a video game where you simulate piloting an aircraft because the average Joe isn't going to find it entertaining enough.

Dr_Bob
14th Aug 2011, 21:05
While I find that video humorous, and have since I first saw it many moons ago, some people actually are curious about what, exactly, they'll be getting with certain collector's editions of games.

The idea that nobody should make an unboxing video because they may be boring for "most" people is akin to saying nobody should make a video game where you simulate piloting an aircraft because the average Joe isn't going to find it entertaining enough.

You can look up the contents of the Collector's Edition, and any edition, online.

But if you want to see the size comparison between the Jensen figurine and an orange, then yeah a video would be useful.

Amitush
14th Aug 2011, 21:13
You can look up the contents of the Collector's Edition, and any edition, online.

But if you want to see the size comparison between the Jensen figurine and an orange, then yeah a video would be useful.

Hmm Adam vs. an orange..sounds like an interesting fight!
Is the orange augmented?

Dr_Bob
14th Aug 2011, 21:31
Hmm Adam vs. an orange..sounds like an interesting fight!
Is the orange augmented?

It's actually a lime.

Amitush
14th Aug 2011, 21:36
It's actually a lime.

Are you sure you didnt press the wrong button?

MaceUk
14th Aug 2011, 22:07
It's actually a lime.

Lemon-lime?

Dr_Bob
14th Aug 2011, 22:39
Are you sure you didnt press the wrong button?

I do not make mistakes of that kind!

Lemon-lime?

The fruit vendor knows I like oranges; he deliberately replaces the oranges with lemons and limes.

Amitush
14th Aug 2011, 22:51
I do not make mistakes of that kind!

The fruit vendor knows I like oranges; he deliberately replaces the oranges with lemons and limes.

You finger must've slipped
LAPUTIN MACHINE!!!!

SladeTeck
14th Aug 2011, 23:44
Oh you guys. I love this community. :lol:

DisaFear
15th Aug 2011, 07:27
I'd definitely watch an unboxing video as long as it doesn't drag out too long
I bought the game on Steam, so :lmao:

AJK
15th Aug 2011, 09:23
A video of someone opening a box... is there something here I'm just not getting?

Amitush
15th Aug 2011, 09:45
A video of someone opening a box... is there something here I'm just not getting?

Dude..

I mean, DUDE..

lovelay day out there, isnt it? ^^

The77s
15th Aug 2011, 10:38
You know, I browse YouTube a lot, and I see a lot of unboxing video's in the Featured Video list when I'm watching things, and I never ever realized till I watched that YouTube thing above that they are, infact, useless.

When ever I wanted to know what was in my Collector Editions, like Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I Googled them and read what was in it.

Why do people watch unboxing videos?

+ Isn't it more fun to unbox it your self?

Knifegash
15th Aug 2011, 17:55
Hey, not all unboxing videos are bad/boring.

FOt4ToY0CdU

The77s
15th Aug 2011, 18:15
Watching that video above reminded me of something.

I hate that Consoles have their big "Xbox 360" thing over the top, the New Vegas Collector's Edition had the "GFWL" on the PC too, which sucked, but most Collector Editions don't have anything on them for PC's, but Consoles always do, why do they do that, it ruins the way it looks.

PS. He says it's "1080p", it's actually up scaled.

lolol

Dr_Bob
15th Aug 2011, 18:35
Watching that video above reminded me of something.

I hate that Consoles have their big "Xbox 360" thing over the top, the New Vegas Collector's Edition had the "GFWL" on the PC too, which sucked, but most Collector Editions don't have anything on them for PC's, but Consoles always do, why do they do that, it ruins the way it looks.

PS. He says it's "1080p", it's actually up scaled.

lolol

As well as that, games rarely do unique boxarts for the limited and collector's editions.

NKD
15th Aug 2011, 18:38
Unboxing videos are a terrible waste of time with inane commentary. I'd rather watch some emo teen girl rant about the unfairness of life.

thanos
15th Aug 2011, 19:05
I truely fail to see the point in watching a video of someone unboxing something.

Your watching someone unbox something,when you could be unboxing it yourself.

Amitush
15th Aug 2011, 19:17
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE HIM PUT A SHIRT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanos
15th Aug 2011, 19:30
Yea a shirt would be nice,my eyesight is bad enough as it is with some of the things i've run across , and i`d like to enjoy the game before I go blind from the shirtlessness.

Skillet
15th Aug 2011, 22:19
You know, I browse YouTube a lot, and I see a lot of unboxing video's in the Featured Video list when I'm watching things, and I never ever realized till I watched that YouTube thing above that they are, infact, useless.

When ever I wanted to know what was in my Collector Editions, like Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I Googled them and read what was in it.

Why do people watch unboxing videos?

When it comes down to a DEHR unboxing video, I would watch it to find out one thing... if the soundtrack that comes with the augmented edition is, in fact, an actual CD-based soundtrack. They don't tell you that online anywhere. I've had "soundtracks" with collector's edition games that were on the bonus DVD, or even a voucher to download it.

So... I can go online and read a list of what the game includes, and look at a conceptualized picture of how the game "might" be packaged... or I can watch a 2 minute unboxing video and know exactly what I'll be getting and how it will be packaged.

People watch unboxing videos because they want to. If you don't want to watch it, fine... nobody's forcing you. Anybody on this forum know what's just about pointless as an unboxing video though? Complaining about the stupidity of unboxing videos...

Dr_Bob
15th Aug 2011, 22:30
When it comes down to a DEHR unboxing video, I would watch it to find out one thing... if the soundtrack that comes with the augmented edition is, in fact, an actual CD-based soundtrack. They don't tell you that online anywhere. I've had "soundtracks" with collector's edition games that were on the bonus DVD, or even a voucher to download it.

The soundtrack is on a DVD.

15th Aug 2011, 23:37
Yeah I'm gonna unbox the crap out of the game when I get it home. Don't know why I'd make a video of it...

Zorvan
17th Aug 2011, 08:36
Guess I can make a video of myself downloading the game on Steam. That would still be considered an unboxing right? lol

The77s
17th Aug 2011, 08:55

So... I can go online and read a list of what the game includes, and look at a conceptualized picture of how the game "might" be packaged... or I can watch a 2 minute unboxing video and know exactly what I'll be getting and how it will be packaged.

People watch unboxing videos because they want to. If you don't want to watch it, fine... nobody's forcing you. Anybody on this forum know what's just about pointless as an unboxing video though? Complaining about the stupidity of unboxing videos...

Big flaw in what you said.

You could just go to a Forum (You're on one, actually) and ask people "Do you know if the Soundtrack in the Collector's Edition is a CD or Download code?"

Yea, so, they're a waste of time, get over it.

Also, complaining isn't a waste of time, defending something that is simply ridiculous is the waste of time.

HAVE FUN WASTING YOUR TIME, LOL.

EDIT: Oh, daym, you made your self look stupid, look what I found within 20 seconds of searching for it, information on whether or not the Soundtrack is a DVD/CD or Code

http://www.hotbloodedgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/Deus-Ex-Collectors-edition.jpg

See where it says "bonus DVD featuring"?

Yea...

Solid_1723
17th Aug 2011, 09:07
Watching someone unbox something I want for myself would just make me hate this person.