PDA

View Full Version : No exit wounds = massive immersion killer.

DroopySlice
14th Aug 2011, 00:44
Hey guys,

I'm pretty pumped as the next person about the release of this game, but there's one thing that really kills me inside whenever I watch footage. No exit wounds. Especially with the melee attacks, it just ends up looking really bizarre with a blade sticking out of somebody moving about freely.

Does anybody know if they plan on doing anything about this?

iloveyouXWORLD
14th Aug 2011, 00:45
why are people complaining about such trivial things? simplified gameplay & lack of colour are more important!

ocstew
14th Aug 2011, 00:50
Lack of colour? Trivial things? The irony...

nutcrackr
14th Aug 2011, 00:52
I think exit wounds would probably raise the ESRB unnecessarily.

luminar
14th Aug 2011, 00:52
It's all opinion. I think that the color schemes fine but other's think it ruin's the game. What's small to you is big to other's and vice verse.

KingNL
14th Aug 2011, 00:53
Come on man they can't implement every little thing in the game, the things they already have in there are so immersive it's crazy..

iloveyouXWORLD
14th Aug 2011, 00:54
my opinion is more important this time. any big fan of dx1 would agree

Charadesmith
14th Aug 2011, 00:54
No, my opinion is correct

*smug*

nutcrackr
14th Aug 2011, 00:55
my opinion is more important this time. any big fan of dx1 would agree
Dx1 used heavy blacks and blues. As a big Dx1 fan I don't agree.

iloveyouXWORLD
14th Aug 2011, 00:56
:mad2:

ocstew
14th Aug 2011, 00:57
One question, are you a native speaker of english iloveyouworld?

iloveyouXWORLD
14th Aug 2011, 00:58
Dx1 used heavy blacks and blues. As a big Dx1 fan I don't agree.

dx1 was full of colour. your wrong. yeah alot of blue sometimes but still plenty of everything else.

Charadesmith
14th Aug 2011, 01:01
This isn't King's bounty

A better artistic style is more attractive than a plain "full" colored look. Cause it's that, plain. [<- only applies to some games, HR being one of them] Blizzard has been doing this for years with each of their releases.

Either way this is drifting off topic

iloveyouXWORLD
14th Aug 2011, 01:04
dx1 had artistic style and plenty of colour.

on topic: exit wounds would be nice but so would gibbing

CoDEllite
14th Aug 2011, 01:14
Gibbing??? What is this Duke Nukem? Im sorry but Deus Ex is supposed to be a serious game

The_Audiophile
14th Aug 2011, 01:17
It's unfortunate that they weren't implemented, but it should just be a minor detail that shouldn't detract much from the overall experience.

iloveyouXWORLD
14th Aug 2011, 01:30
Gibbing??? What is this Duke Nukem? Im sorry but Deus Ex is supposed to be a serious game

<removed> troll you aint even played dx1, which gibbing was a part of. and why should it not be in human revolution? when you blow someone up in real life they explode into little body parts do they not?

look codelite, im sorry but dont comment on what deus ex is "supposed to be" when you havent played any games in the series.

Rtech
14th Aug 2011, 01:36
You want Soldier of Fortune type of gore where you see guts spilling out and enemies grasping their insides?

iloveyouXWORLD
14th Aug 2011, 01:41
its just a trivial feature, but yet it was another feature removed from dx1.
i wanted to carve up the evidence rather than hide the body! LOL the game IS all about choice after all
nah like i said my main concern is gameplay and level variety + colour. (i did not say variety this time but have moaned bout it many times before. i fear the levels will have a similar feel/look to them. and my fears came true- one review stated that there was alot of office complexes that looked the same, and every screenshot i see is black & gold)

tZer
14th Aug 2011, 01:44
Does anyone else think some posts by a certain user should be moderated?

iloveyouXWORLD
14th Aug 2011, 01:47
Does anyone else think some posts by a certain user should be moderated?

and what posts would that be?
i see no rules broken
maybe cos i derailed the thread? almost every thread on this forum has been derailed at some point, it will get back on track if anyone wishes it.

ocstew
14th Aug 2011, 02:07
and what posts would that be?
i see no rules broken
maybe cos i derailed the thread? almost every thread on this forum has been derailed at some point, it will get back on track if anyone wishes it.

"<removed> troll you aint even played dx1"

Or a.k.a I'm the only one on this forum who has played DX1 seriously. That's what you're making yourself out to be right now.

iloveyouXWORLD
14th Aug 2011, 02:16
"GTFO troll you aint even played dx1"

Or a.k.a I'm the only one on this forum who has played DX1 seriously. That's what you're making yourself out to be right now.

LOL so i disagree with a couple of people about the colour scheme of dx1 and that means i think im the only one who has played dx1?

also didnt the abbreviation & word "<removed> & troll" both originate on forums?

codelite has NOT played dx1 before, he said so himself. if thats what your talking about.

NKD
14th Aug 2011, 02:24
This thread = massive brain cell killer.

thanos
14th Aug 2011, 02:25
To try and get back ON topic gentlemen.

More or less the lack of entry and exit wounds for such things as fatal take downs and so on, as to do a bit with realism. Ever seen what happens to a boar when its hit at close range in the head with a 12 gauge shotgun ?

I have and really in a game,I dont want to see anything like that at all. It is not pleasing at all to see.In effect the lack of exit and entry wounds may be due in part to it being a bit too gory for some, despite the titles mature rating.

iloveyouXWORLD
14th Aug 2011, 02:36

More or less the lack of entry and exit wounds for such things as fatal take downs and so on, as to do a bit with realism. Ever seen what happens to a boar when its hit at close range in the head with a 12 gauge shotgun ?

I have and really in a game,I dont want to see anything like that at all. It is not pleasing at all to see.In effect the lack of exit and entry wounds may be due in part to it being a bit too gory for some, despite the titles mature rating.

yeah i watched a certain dxhr montage on youtube and one of jensens takedowns involve his blades going through a females "chest area", now thats bad enough, but with exit/entry wounds aswell mothers and censors worldwide would RAGE, and deus ex HR would be blamed by the tabloids for the next murder involving blades and women.

then again DXHR will be fine, i just remembered god of war 3 exists.

Neuromancer07
14th Aug 2011, 03:54
<Removed> troll you aint even played dx1, which gibbing was a part of. and why should it not be in human revolution? when you blow someone up in real life they explode into little body parts do they not?

Obviously not the person you're responding to but gibbing looks entirely silly in virtually all cases it's been attempted in games. Also hand grenades don't cause the entire body to disintegrate at the molecular level with bloodied steaks being issued from the centre of the explosion. Now dismemberment or a limb being blown off is another matter. As for wounds they should be there for all weapons though classification boards for age-ratings particularly dislike post-mortem mutilation of any kind.

While it's easy to add gore for rather distasteful indulgence (see the success of the terrible Soldier of Fortune series) there is an argument to be made that in games which feature killing, that a developer shouldn't sanitise the hideous nature of murder, especially in a game where it's optional. There's too many games that portray violence as a redemptive force than an inherently wrong one.

AlexOfSpades
14th Aug 2011, 04:33
The main character should have my face instead of AJ's.

Maaaaasssiiive immersion killer for me.

Seriously how can i immerse in a character like that? No way.

Change it or i'll cancel my pre-order!

The77s
14th Aug 2011, 04:38

Agreed, that other guy is a moron, gibbing wasn't anything special in Deus Ex, I've yet to hear a real Deus Ex fan cry about wanting it back.

Cri du chat
14th Aug 2011, 06:12
If I can’t see gaping wounds and a mile long trail of blood trickling out of them for the rest of the game how will I know if they’re dead?!

sajin
14th Aug 2011, 08:36
Hey guys,

I'm pretty pumped as the next person about the release of this game, but there's one thing that really kills me inside whenever I watch footage. No exit wounds. Especially with the melee attacks, it just ends up looking really bizarre with a blade sticking out of somebody moving about freely.

Does anybody know if they plan on doing anything about this?

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5872/screenshot260330thumbwi.jpg

(July 14, from a game magazine, not from leak) :

Thats enough for me. I usually don't look at the corpses and marvel at the realistic wounds, as long as the takedown itself seems realistic enough.

Fox89
14th Aug 2011, 08:58
Exit wounds would be a massive immersion killer for me, as it's not the kind of thing I expect in modern video games.

Amitush
14th Aug 2011, 09:08
I want to be able to brush my teeth atleast twice a day
What? I cant? Oh the humanity! the cavity! worst game evah!

DXeXodus
14th Aug 2011, 09:46
Keep this thread on topic gentlemen. Lets drop the name calling.

pi r squared
14th Aug 2011, 10:26
http://eidosmontreal.tumblr.com/post/6766044191/are-shot-enemies-going-to-leave-blood-stains-on-the
Pretty sensible reasoning if you ask me.

We...didn’t want to turn this game into a gore fest. Violence needs to feel visceral to some extent...We didn’t want to glorify violence, and I hope we avoided this trap as much as possible. The only times where we pushed the graphic aspect a little further is when it was serving a purpose in the storyI assume one of the cases JF is referring to is the point when Adam ends up on the other side of a pane of glass and looks an absolute bloody mess (using "bloody" in both the adjective and the British colloquialism form there!)

tZer
14th Aug 2011, 10:28

Especially in a game which emphasizes choice one should be able to see more the consequences of those choices. It's one of the things that's bugging me more, but in the end it's just a minor gripe.

deusexx
14th Aug 2011, 10:35
Ilovetheworld has been DECIMATED in this thread. I agree with the people saying immersion is never truly realistic if you are going to be the way some of these people are. ''Why can't i go poo poo EIDOS this game is NOT realistic and is immersion breaking. Why don't my fingernails grow so i have to clip them!! EIDOS YOU RUINED THE GAME!!!!!!''
Pathetic to complain about such trivial things.

Darthassin
14th Aug 2011, 11:53
Being DroopySlice = massive immersion killer! :D

iloveyouXWORLD
14th Aug 2011, 12:26
Agreed, that other guy is a moron, gibbing wasn't anything special in Deus Ex, I've yet to hear a real Deus Ex fan cry about wanting it back.
read my posts properly. i wasnt crying about it at all. the only reason i mentioned it was in a failed attempt to get back on topic. like i said, once again gameplay, lack of colour/variety are more important.

also i have a feeling that the member Deusexx could be david sarif/savid darif under a new account....

Amitush
14th Aug 2011, 12:59
I think the lack of colors gives the game that sinister feeling like in the 1st game..so its good in my book

The77s
14th Aug 2011, 13:21
You clearly were.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Aug 2011, 14:23
also i have a feeling that the member Deusexx could be david sarif/savid darif under a new account....

I would advise to keep such speculation to yourself... or use the report button if you have serious concern.

deusexx
14th Aug 2011, 14:51
People like you who get hung up on very small details are people who can never fully appreciate a game because you just think of what is not in the game, not what IS in the game.

CoDEllite
14th Aug 2011, 15:04
People like you who get hung up on very small details are people who can never fully appreciate a game because you just think of what is not in the game, not what IS in the game. So tru. In fact I think what will happen when the game is released is that people who never played the original or dont put it on such a tall pedestal will get a lot more out of the game because they will actually see what the game is doing right instead of focusing on what its doing wrong or what was taken out

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Aug 2011, 15:05
People like you who get hung up on very small details are people who can never fully appreciate a game because you just think of what is not in the game, not what IS in the game.

^
Edited your post to ilove... because its off topic.
If you want this thread to survive... then everyone needs to stick on topic.

JCpies
14th Aug 2011, 15:46
Nobody complains about immersion in a lot of other games... Human Revolution is still pretty immersive, be glad it's not like a lot of other games which allow you to take 20 bullets every 30 seconds.

OhSorryOldHorse
14th Aug 2011, 16:14
Having just finished the original game, I can say that gibbing not in the new game is good, because I searched every corpse that I killed for extra supplies. When an enemy spontaneously combusted (MIBs) or from explosives, it was a pain in the ass not being able to get what was on them.

In addition, I can appreciate the change from one game to the next, and while sequels should contain the core elements of the first or preceding games, that doesn't mean everything should be copied and pasted to the letter. otherwise it would feel exactly the same with no improvements.

Dr.Poca
14th Aug 2011, 16:29
So tru. In fact I think what will happen when the game is released is that people who never played the original or dont put it on such a tall pedestal will get a lot more out of the game because they will actually see what the game is doing right instead of focusing on what its doing wrong or what was taken out

I wouldn't entirely agree with you there. I've played the original, and think it's probably the best game I've ever played, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna love HR. The environments look great, and while I agree with iloveyouXWrold that the original had some nice colourful areas (mostly in Hong Kong) the HR world still looks fantastic.
And have you played the original DX? If you did, you would understand why people hold it in such high regard. It's incredible!

On topic: The exit wounds down bother me at all. Most games don't feature much in terms of exit wounds. The main example I can think of being Soldier of Fortune. I definitely don't think it's necessary in DX:HR and, for me personally, the much greater factors for immersion are the visual style, music, sound effects and dialogue. Not to mention newspapers and computers etc. The combat is the least important aspect of DX (PLEASE NOTE I'm saying this purely from my own perspective)

Fireisprettyful
14th Aug 2011, 16:36
i am glad its not too violent because then it could be banned in australia, so far i like the way the game is from what i have seen, seems like a game i could easily get lost in(which is a great thing)

rokstrombo
14th Aug 2011, 16:46
Having just finished the original game, I can say that gibbing not in the new game is good, because I searched every corpse that I killed for extra supplies. When an enemy spontaneously combusted (MIBs) or from explosives, it was a pain in the ass not being able to get what was on them.

In addition, I can appreciate the change from one game to the next, and while sequels should contain the core elements of the first or preceding games, that doesn't mean everything should be copied and pasted to the letter. otherwise it would feel exactly the same with no improvements.

I think the gibbed corpses in Deus Ex may also have been a tactical consideration. You have to make a choice between the loot and the relative safety of killing with explosives. Killing a MIB may take out a couple of nearby enemies, but if you're short on ammo you may think about luring him out of the room first.

Hyperbolic
14th Aug 2011, 17:07
The biggest immersion killer is the transition into the takedown sequence. Black screen for a second and a half? Really?

Charadesmith
14th Aug 2011, 17:12
More like 0.3 seconds

Might not even be there on the final version

Either way doesn't kill immersion for me, it happens too fast for that

Hyperbolic
14th Aug 2011, 17:14
They show it two or three times during the finished version on Gamespot's "Now Playing". It's much longer than what you're suggesting. It's over a second. The only explanation I can think of is that they just didn't have enough time to do the proper animations from starting position to canned takedown so they just have it "load" out of nowhere. That's pretty sad too, because it's a stark contrast to the quality of the rest of the game.

Hyperbolic
14th Aug 2011, 17:25
Have you played it? I found in the leak it was perfectly fine. Maybe a tad slow, yes, but got used to it after about 3 takedowns.

I've actually watched the sequence quite a few times, and the only thing I'll be thinking is "boy, I don't want to have to resort to a takedown". They have been done similarly to this in other games, yet they loaded so fast that it wasn't nearly as bad. Time literally stands still when you initiate and it may as well have a giant "NOW LOADING" text up. :lmao:
Go to youtube and watch the Assassin's Creed 2 Assassination montage (that's the game they took the idea of the blades from anyway). Obviously it's less graphic intensive, but it works a lot better. If it's a choice between being over the top and stylized but completely immersion breaking, tone it down so it's in real time.

deusexx
14th Aug 2011, 17:33
I've actually watched the sequence quite a few times, and the only thing I'll be thinking is "boy, I don't want to have to resort to a takedown". They have been done similarly to this in other games, yet they loaded so fast that it wasn't nearly as bad. Time literally stands still when you initiate and it may as well have a giant "NOW LOADING" text up. :lmao:
Go to youtube and watch the Assassin's Creed 2 Assassination montage (that's the game they took the idea of the blades from anyway). Obviously it's less graphic intensive, but it works a lot better. If it's a choice between being over the top and stylized but completely immersion breaking, tone it down so it's in real time.

Ridiculous.

thanos
14th Aug 2011, 17:33
I look at it this way,no matter how good GS employe's are and all the other major retailers. A copy of this game is going to fall into the hands of those it is not supposed to a.k.a the kiddies. The lack of unreasonable gore or gibing. Which tones down the violence in a manor of sorts ,ensures the kids who either do end up either watching or playing this game even though they should not. Do not end up with nightmares or some other nonsense. As it is I dont want to see pointless gore and so on,I see enough of it with games like FO3 and when I get called on to help skin things. So lets try and keep it on topic gentlemen and ladies.

Charadesmith
14th Aug 2011, 17:42
They show it two or three times during the finished version on Gamespot's "Now Playing". It's much longer than what you're suggesting. It's over a second.

No, it's not. Maybe it depends on the computer? I quickly gave it a try to make sure before i replied to you and i guarantee it's not even half a second. Secondly, that footage was 360 version so it shouldn't be surprising that the black screen is there and takes longer.

deusexx
14th Aug 2011, 17:46
No, it's not. Maybe it depends on the computer? I quickly gave it a try to make sure before i replied to you and i guarantee it's not even half a second. Secondly, that footage was 360 version so it shouldn't be surprising that the black screen is there and takes longer.

Do not listen to him my friend. It seems my troll sense is tingling when he posts a comment.

subtlesnake
14th Aug 2011, 17:46
On the Gamespot video he initiates a takedown at the 8:56 mark, and the takedown starts before the clock hits 8:57.

Libertine
14th Aug 2011, 18:59
Exit wounds??? I think i feel sorry for the guy that has this desire to see exit wounds... What about the danger, immersion, the fear, the excitement, the setting, the

I was talking to a coworker the other day about Fallout 3; he mentioned how he loved to explore every nook and cranny, then mention how he loved "playing with the bodies", "ohhhh, the fun he had, playing with the bodies"....

Maybe when you get the urge to stare at bodies or look or exit wounds, maybe, its time to load up space invaders or pacman and REALLY get the fun started......maybe even Frogger, if its a special occasion.

pringlepower
14th Aug 2011, 19:03
What the hell does the game have to load for a takedown?
Are there new areas? New models? New textures? It's just an animation involving 2-3 models, how the hell does that require loading?
The delay is intentional

Fox89
14th Aug 2011, 19:03

My point is, whilst I agree that it looks quite slow in a video, I didn't find it immersion breaking when actually playing it. So I do see your point, but I would suggest not worrying about it as odds are pretty good that, when playing the game, you won't notice it either. Or at least, you'll get used to the transition and stop noticing it after an hour or two of play.

Shralla
14th Aug 2011, 19:06
I think exit wounds would probably raise the ESRB unnecessarily.

It's going to be rated M. What, exactly, would it raise the ESRB to?

thanos
14th Aug 2011, 19:11
Extremely graphic and A for adult only prehaps ?

Solid_1723
14th Aug 2011, 19:12
Exit wounds??? I think i feel sorry for the guy that has this desire to see exit wounds...

To be fair, it would be neat if they implemented some decals for gunshot or stab wounds.
It's not like this hasn't been done before, the absence of those is not something to get all worked up about however.

Skillet
14th Aug 2011, 19:12

To be perfectly honest, considering the characters are wearing clothes anyway, all you would need to simulate "wounds" is a bit of a bloody stain on their clothes.

I understand not wanting to make the game extremely gory. But has anyone here played Red Dead Redemption? That game had exit wounds... and character models would have blood soaked clothes depending on where you shot them. It's never presented in an over the top manner, and it's kept extremely realistic.

But... to be honest, when it comes to takedowns? The thing that bothers me most is that Jensen has some moves where the blade is switched around, seemingly protruding from his elbow... even while wearing an intact long-sleeve coat.

You'd think that would tear.... :p

Solid_1723
14th Aug 2011, 19:15
But... to be honest, when it comes to takedowns? The thing that bothers me most is that Jensen has some moves where the blade is switched around, seemingly protruding from his elbow... even while wearing an intact long-sleeve coat.

You'd think that would tear.... :p

His coat is augmented.

Hyperbolic
14th Aug 2011, 22:34
Do not listen to him my friend. It seems my troll sense is tingling when he posts a comment.

Oh give it a rest. You want to use the word "ridiculous"? That pretty much sums up those who think that only their view is "correct" and that anyone who dares oppose their stance on anything is automatically labeled a troll. Being a conformist or a fanboy must be great.

Amitush
14th Aug 2011, 22:58
It's going to be rated M. What, exactly, would it raise the ESRB to?

M+!

deusexx
14th Aug 2011, 23:57
Oh give it a rest. You want to use the word "ridiculous"? That pretty much sums up those who think that only their view is "correct" and that anyone who dares oppose their stance on anything is automatically labeled a troll. Being a conformist or a fanboy must be great.

You know it and so do the forumites. Hyperbole is a very good name considering what you come out with.

thanos
14th Aug 2011, 23:59
This thread is never going to get back on topic at this rate.

Asterisk
15th Aug 2011, 00:06
When you reach the morgue and get that thing from the guys head, I went ahead and used a lethal take down on the doctor that did the autopsy. It is sort of lame to see the blades sticking out of the guys back with no blood or anything, but it's still so satisfying to do a take down lethal or non.

tZer
15th Aug 2011, 01:12
Wow, this is like the WORST thread ever in regards to what users have posted.

The77s
15th Aug 2011, 01:58
Ridiculous.

Ridiculous indeed, people seem to be complaining about nothing, I believe I know why, though.

It's near release, and they're trying to brainwash them selves into thinking the game is rubbish, so when they play it they go "OMFGWTFTHISSOGOOD!".

That, or they're idiots.

thanos
15th Aug 2011, 04:15
You forgot zealots some people like the purity first nuts in the game,might not play this for that reason alone >.> I laughed when I learned just how black and white the world of a zealot is.

OhSorryOldHorse
15th Aug 2011, 04:59
You forgot zealots some people like the purity first nuts in the game,might not play this for that reason alone >.> I laughed when I learned just how black and white the world of a zealot is.

It's because they're so blinded by their own beliefs haha

thanos
15th Aug 2011, 05:02
If you ever read the star wars series,one of the later series says something along that line, during invasion from beyound the glaxley. The worse thing you can do to a zealot is try and give him a sense of humor, thins are about to go very wrong for them.

singularity
15th Aug 2011, 05:21
I have to agree that I appreciate wounding on enemies. Shooting mechanics in games (especially today) live and die based on how well the shooting "feels" - one of the things that factors into that is feedback. It involves both sight and sound, and is the reason the when you shoot someone in a game, unrealisticly-colored red jelly sprays like paint, why boddies jerk and fly back unrealisticly, and why it makes a nice thud, or smacking sound.

Entry wounds/ exit wounds for guns and blades are a nice visual that is not only realistic, but adds to the "feedback" concept (not in a huge way, but in a small way). It's the same as bullets leaving marks on walls when they are shot. It doesn't add much, but in this generation of games, it's kind of perposterous that we don't see more of it (especially when you consider it's something Perfect Dark was doing back on the N64).

Now that that is out of the way - the Australian review board bans just about any game that features overly-lifelike depictions of violence to "human-type enemies" (to include zombies, vampires, etc). If NOT having wounding decals, exit woulds, and blood-stained shirts mean that our Aussie brothers and sisters get to play DXHR, I'll happily live without it (and even endorse it). The game has proven to be quite gritty and violent already from what I've seen :whistle:. The Adam hand-spin-neck-snap animation still makes me cringe (and smile ;) )

/ontopic

KingNL
15th Aug 2011, 13:51
Ilovetheworld has been DECIMATED in this thread. I agree with the people saying immersion is never truly realistic if you are going to be the way some of these people are. ''Why can't i go poo poo EIDOS this game is NOT realistic and is immersion breaking. Why don't my fingernails grow so i have to clip them!! EIDOS YOU RUINED THE GAME!!!!!!''
Pathetic to complain about such trivial things.
I lol'd

Also, 63 inch TV goddamn

flunkorg
15th Aug 2011, 14:02

I'm with you on this one. I played the leak and I don't even notice a black screen. And about the gamestop video, last time I checked... that was gameplay from the console version. ;)

OhSorryOldHorse
15th Aug 2011, 18:41
If a brief transition screen to the take down bothers people that much...wow. :rolleyes:

thanos
15th Aug 2011, 19:01
Doesnt bother me,i'll only go hand to hand when my gun either jams, which it wont or I run outa bullets to slay mine enemies.

OhSorryOldHorse
15th Aug 2011, 19:05
Doesnt bother me,i'll only go hand to hand when my gun either jams, which it wont or I run outa bullets to slay mine enemies.

More power to you. Personally, having studied various martial arts over a period of 9 years, I like to see what kind of moves are performed for a take-down, and it can't accurately be done from a first person view, so the transition to third is needed.

It just galls me that people wouldn't want to see such moves and be relegated to first person. *shrug*

Amitush
15th Aug 2011, 19:13
More power to you. Personally, having studied various martial arts over a period of 9 years, I like to see what kind of moves are performed for a take-down, and it can't accurately be done from a first person view, so the transition to third is needed.

It just galls me that people wouldn't want to see such moves and be relegated to first person. *shrug*

H2H is only for take downs right? no punching or something..

OhSorryOldHorse
15th Aug 2011, 19:16
I'm pretty sure it's only for takedowns, as there arent any other melee weapons besides Jensen's armblades.

thanos
15th Aug 2011, 19:32
I pretty sure he isn't going to be doing any over the shoulder arm breaks,or over the knee back breakers.

Dr.Poca
15th Aug 2011, 19:39
I pretty sure he isn't going to be doing any over the shoulder arm breaks,or over the knee back breakers.

Hahaha, now there's an idea for a mod. "Adam Jensen - WWE Takedown Mod"

thanos
15th Aug 2011, 19:48
Those arent WWE takedowns, those are moves to permantly disable your foes,like the names imply something is going to be broken.

Dr.Poca
15th Aug 2011, 20:19
Those arent WWE takedowns, those are moves to permantly disable your foes,like the names imply something is going to be broken.

I just instantly imagined something like this is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzWQ9BSw0oc

:D

Echer123
15th Aug 2011, 21:59
I would be fine with wound decals. I find they really add a visceral edge to games when they're implemented.

15th Aug 2011, 23:48
Not actually dropping dead in reality when my character dies is a real immersion killer.

SladeTeck
16th Aug 2011, 00:25
I see no Skul Gun. Massive Immersion Killer. :(

PREORDER CANCELED.

:P

Zorvan
16th Aug 2011, 10:21
Name one game that shows entry and exit wounds accurately, if at all.

Exactly.

I guess the OP better give up on "immersion" in games, because none of them have the "feature" he's looking for.

Oh, well i guess he can be happy if he uses the perks in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas that make people blow apart even if you just shoot them with a BB gun. :rolleyes:

DXeXodus
16th Aug 2011, 10:32
I think the best that one could ask for is blood spatter behind the enemy being shot/stabbed/etc. This of course would have to spatter onto the walls behind the person too.

Oh, well i guess he can be happy if he uses the perks in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas that make people blow apart even if you just shoot them with a BB gun. :rolleyes:

Bloody Mess FTW. Although it is disasterously over the top.

Zorvan
16th Aug 2011, 10:37
I think the best that one could ask for is blood spatter behind the enemy being shot/stabbed/etc. This of course would have to spatter onto the walls behind the person too.

Thank you, couldn't remember the name of the perk. Had a slight brainfart. lol

And yes, I use it every time.:D

tZer
16th Aug 2011, 11:35
Funnily enough, if shot, people DO leave bloody splatters on the walls and floors, but with the gratuitous bloody takedowns, no blood can be seen afterwards anywhere.
Quite strange.

Skillet
16th Aug 2011, 13:36
Name one game that shows entry and exit wounds accurately, if at all.

Exactly.

I guess the OP better give up on "immersion" in games, because none of them have the "feature" he's looking for.

Red Dead Redemption has the most realistic "wounds" on enemies, with blood soaking through their clothes in the places they've been shot.

That's all that would be required, really. It doesn't have to be over the top in any way, but if you impale someone with two flat pieces of metal... they're going to bleed. And not just copious spurts of blood when the action is taking place, either.

Funnily enough, if shot, people DO leave bloody splatters on the walls and floors, but with the gratuitous bloody takedowns, no blood can be seen afterwards anywhere.
Quite strange.

Reminds me of the movie 300. Blood is flying out of enemies left and right, but not a single drop lands on the ground, or on the Spartans. :p

Pretentious Old Man.
16th Aug 2011, 14:03
I think the lack of entrance wounds is a far more noticeable blunder than the lack of exit wounds.

Fox89
16th Aug 2011, 14:40
I think the lack of entrance wounds is a far more noticeable blunder than the lack of exit wounds.

I dunno, entrance wounds tend to be discreet in comparison. So there's definitely a case for 'If you're going to include wounds, include exits. As they'll be bigger and have more chunks of brain.'

neoshi
16th Aug 2011, 15:46

Dexter.

thanos
16th Aug 2011, 15:50
You know I never ever used that perk.

Zorvan
16th Aug 2011, 20:00
You know I never ever used that perk.

You missed out. Bloody Mess with the Wild Wasteland perk, greatest combination ever. Little alien bits blown all over the place makes me happy. :lol: