PDA

View Full Version : free roam?

cindy44
13th Aug 2011, 00:33
Is this game gona be free roam?

Shralla
13th Aug 2011, 00:43
The main content of the game takes place around what they call "city hubs" which are more or less like miniature open-world levels. You arrive at the hub, and then from there you can explore the streets, enter apartments, businesses, find hidden passages and things like that, but after you complete the objectives for that hub (which can take quite some time) and move on to the next one, you can't go back unless the story so dictates.

Look at Shralla being helpful and friendly!

ZakKa89
13th Aug 2011, 00:47
has been asked multiple times, read the FAQ or try search, you will find a lot of good answers. ;)

It's not free roam but not linear either. It's the perfect mix between the 2

Shralla
13th Aug 2011, 00:48
has been asked multiple times, read the FAQ

You can't fool me! Shralla being friendly and helpful and Zakka being terse and sounding like a grumpy old guy? Is it opposite day?

CoDEllite
13th Aug 2011, 02:27
Personally Im still holding my fingers crossed for vehicles to be implemnted in future DLC. JJB didnt realy take my question seriosly at the time but I bet that somebody at SQUARE has considered it and thought it was a neat idea

AlexOfSpades
13th Aug 2011, 03:12
Personally Im still holding my fingers crossed for vehicles to be implemnted in future DLC. JJB didnt realy take my question seriosly at the time but I bet that somebody at SQUARE has considered it and thought it was a neat idea

City Hubs are too small for proper vehicle use.

IF the cities were GTA-sized, i'd agree. But they're not big enough for actually using a car, for example.

Besides, at least in the first hub - Detroit? - i remember having to cross the metro section many times, where obviously you cant go in with a car. Personally, if there was ever a vehicle section in Deus Ex, i want something like a train, where you can walk in, talk with people and then stealthily take them down (then throw them off the train!).

Brockxz
13th Aug 2011, 05:44

and this clearly shows you have never played DX game. If you have played the first game you would know that it is impossible and that your question is quite dumb and that's why JJB didn't take it seriously. As already there have been answered, city hubs are not that big to support vehicles. If you want to compare how big is city hub in DX games, it is mostly one small block of GTA city (few houses and few streets around them and that's it). You can run from one hubs point to other in 20-30 seconds.

wheresmyskulgun
13th Aug 2011, 12:37

IF the cities were GTA-sized, i'd agree. But they're not big enough for actually using a car, for example.

Besides, at least in the first hub - Detroit? - i remember having to cross the metro section many times, where obviously you cant go in with a car. Personally, if there was ever a vehicle section in Deus Ex, i want something like a train, where you can walk in, talk with people and then stealthily take them down (then throw them off the train!).

Now that could be a very cool, very Deus Exy level with all kinds of stealth and social options. I also like how it's by nature very self-contained, making for easy DLC.

DisaFear
13th Aug 2011, 12:42

Yea, a train complex would be a good addition. There were trains in dx1 and 2, right?
It would allow us, maybe, to explore outside Detroit, etc (if they add extra stuff via DLC)

IdiotInAJeep
13th Aug 2011, 23:40
I remember having a dream ages ago when the CGI trailer got released where I was on a cruise liner/modern river boat doing deusexy stuff with mah augs and smooth talking officials.

Also, has anyone else played the Last Express?
I love that game.

MaceUk
13th Aug 2011, 23:51
I remember having a dream ages ago when the CGI trailer got released where I was on a cruise liner/modern river boat doing deusexy stuff with mah augs and smooth talking officials.

Also, has anyone else played the Last Express?
I love that game.

This could be a dream and that 's your real life. We could all be a figment of your imagination...

Could you imagine me as a billionaire please? :)

IdiotInAJeep
14th Aug 2011, 01:52
This could be a dream and that 's your real life. We could all be a figment of your imagination...

Could you imagine me as a billionaire please? :)

Would you like a top hat and monocle?

MaxxQ1
14th Aug 2011, 02:22
I like to refer to DX (and probably DX:HR) as having non-linear linearity.

:scratch:

MaceUk
14th Aug 2011, 14:17
Would you like a top hat and monocle?

No, I wouldn't want to be greedy lol

The77s
14th Aug 2011, 14:22
and this clearly shows you have never played DX game. If you have played the first game you would know that it is impossible and that your question is quite dumb and that's why JJB didn't take it seriously. As already there have been answered, city hubs are not that big to support vehicles. If you want to compare how big is city hub in DX games, it is mostly one small block of GTA city (few houses and few streets around them and that's it). You can run from one hubs point to other in 20-30 seconds.

Agreed 100%, thank goodness the Devs aren't listening to people with ridiculous ideas.

deusexx
14th Aug 2011, 14:56
This is a free roam game but within city hubs. This is not a game like skyrim or GTA or RDR where the whole world is free to explore, it is more like mass effect or dragon age where you travel via loading screens to different ares but within those areas you can explore and free roam. Although i would imagine within the city hubs there is more to do and explore in Deus Ex HR than mass effect and dragon age.

CoDEllite
14th Aug 2011, 15:01
Although i would imagine within the city hubs there is more to do and explore in Deus Ex HR than mass effect and dragon age. Well Mass Effect 2 hubs were pretty damn huge

JCpies
14th Aug 2011, 15:43

Bro' nobody took your question seriously.

MaxxQ1
14th Aug 2011, 15:58
Bro' nobody takes you seriously.

Fixed. :rasp:

deusexx
14th Aug 2011, 16:35
Well Mass Effect 2 hubs were pretty damn huge

But i reckon just as the very nature of a deus ex game they will be bigger than mass effect 2. Trust me.

thanos
14th Aug 2011, 17:38
ME2 hubs were a bit too big, and easy to get lost in at times,that and a lack of direction at times.

deusexx
14th Aug 2011, 17:41
ME2 hubs were a bit too big, and easy to get lost in at times,that and a lack of direction at times.

I bet you dread Skyrim then lol.