PDA

View Full Version : Small heads still bug anyone?

Mobius32
12th Aug 2011, 18:12
I've never been a big fan of messing with proportions, so he descision to stick wiith the small heads really bugs me. As it is old news though, I was just wondering if anyone else was still bothered by it, or if it's just me?

Jordasm
12th Aug 2011, 18:24
Honestly mate, I completely forgot about it after playing the leak. Infact I completely forgot about everything.

Charadesmith
12th Aug 2011, 18:25
Small..? Some of them almost look slightly too big o.O but most look about right

thanos
12th Aug 2011, 18:38
I am at times reminded of the brusers form brutal legends, big bodys and tiny heads.And oh did you know under those huge gloves they have perfectly manicured hands.

Piflik
12th Aug 2011, 19:23
It still bugs me. Some heads shown in the recent videos are extremely small.

pha
12th Aug 2011, 19:49
Just a minor issue for me.

Solid_1723
12th Aug 2011, 19:52
Honestly mate, I completely forgot about it after playing the leak. Infact I completely forgot about everything.

Same with me.

Mobius32
12th Aug 2011, 20:11
It still bugs me. Some heads shown in the recent videos are extremely small.

Yeah, especially the scientist at around 29 seconds of the social trailer. The women don't look so bad though

Sounds good, I hope I'll be able to get into the game enough to forget about it.

KingNL
12th Aug 2011, 20:25
2 moments so far where the heads are just ridiculously small, the scientist that stops you and that girl and that black dude in the hospital clinic building

Mobius32
12th Aug 2011, 21:18
I wouldn't be surpirsed if someone came out with a mod that fixes this. That doesn't help me much though, seing as I'm getting it for the 360...

MaceUk
12th Aug 2011, 22:02
Hadn't even noticed, I hope I don't now! lol

I don't like AJ's pointed chin though, he looks a bit Pan like.

Chewy2nd
13th Aug 2011, 00:29
I honestly never noticed any small heads in the videos/pictures I've seen, lol

Kiyanavasala
13th Aug 2011, 00:34
Hadn't even noticed, I hope I don't now! lol

I don't like AJ's pointed chin though, he looks a bit Pan like.

I keep thinking his chin will pop off and he'll deploy a skul-gun.

KingNL
13th Aug 2011, 00:37
yeah the chin is weird..

jtr7
13th Aug 2011, 01:16
It still bugs me, but not as much as the addition to that of plastic faces in up-close shots during lip-syncing.

Angel-A
13th Aug 2011, 04:56
Dead horse

we meet again.

nakedhand
13th Aug 2011, 05:03
It does. Takes away from the immersion for me.

ocstew
13th Aug 2011, 06:50
I never noticed this until I came upon the thread. Even then, only a few models had small heads.

Biggus
16th Aug 2011, 11:10
Models have weird arms/shoulders. thin arms attached to broad shoulders with exception of Barett

Itkovian
16th Aug 2011, 14:03
The body proportions are not realisitc, for the most part, and I think that must have been intentional. A bit of artistic license perhaps, to give the game a unique look.

As for Jensen, I admit I wish he looked more like the CGI trailers, where he looks great. The trailers still show him as having a pointed, angular chin, but there is more broadness to his cheeks and a greater "ruggedness". Whereas in the game his face is very narrow and triangular.

That said, his pointed beard exaggerates the effect a lot. The actual chin is not so pointy. :)

Itkovian

OhSorryOldHorse
16th Aug 2011, 15:12
Not gonna lie, after playing the leak, they do look a bit odd at some points and not so much at others. Makes no sense why its fine to me on moment, then not so much the next.

Mobius32
16th Aug 2011, 16:43
The body proportions are not realisitc, for the most part, and I think that must have been intentional. A bit of artistic license perhaps, to give the game a unique look.

Itkovian

Yeah, I vaugely remember one of the devs comparing it to how they sometimes mess with proportions in comics. Personally, I hate it when they do that. Looking good and looking unique aren't always the same thing. Besides, there are plenty of other ways to get that "unique" look.
And it's not like HR will become unrecognisable if the heads were a bit bigger