PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Thread

Pinky_Powers
11th Aug 2011, 20:02
It’s just getting too close; I need to step away before someone spoils the game for me and blab them to us in quick, bizerker forum strikes that we cannot properly defend against.

It’s been a pleasure you weird little creeps. See you on the other side!

Pinky

PS. The “other side” will probably be a week after release.

___

*Moderator Update* (19 August)

We have created an official Spoiler thread, now pinned to top of this board:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=119517
Once the game is officially released, it will be open/active.

We hope this will help those who don't wish to leave.
But for those that do, see you soon. :wave:

Reven
11th Aug 2011, 20:04
See you then Pinky !.

SladeTeck
11th Aug 2011, 20:05
See you then! Good luck in the real world! :P

Solid_1723
11th Aug 2011, 20:08
See you on the other side, Pinky!

JCpies
11th Aug 2011, 20:09
I guess I may go too. I'm away for a while anyway. Farewell forum (for now).

VectorM
11th Aug 2011, 20:27
You get to see JC Denton's embryo prototype at the end. And then Adam kills Dumbledore.

And with that, I have decided to leave this place too, until after I finish the game myself. Gonna miss some silly stuff in here, I am sure, but I think it's worth it.

Cya.

lol
11th Aug 2011, 20:28
I already know the ending for DXHR(shocking btw)..no need for me to leave :P

68_pie
11th Aug 2011, 20:33
But but but you could just not play the game and stay here and talk to me. I'm sure that's a much better plan.

Pretentious Old Man.
11th Aug 2011, 20:46
I've actually already managed to find out a few spoilers from various sources that I will not divulge here (no illegitimacy on my part, I assure you!). Sadly, I cannot unhear these things, but I would never spoil others' enjoyment.

I'll be seeing you all on the other side too. :D

lol
11th Aug 2011, 20:57
You get to see JC Denton's embryo prototype at the end. And then Adam kills Dumbledore.

And with that, I have decided to leave this place too, until after I finish the game myself. Gonna miss some silly stuff in here, I am sure, but I think it's worth it.

Cya.

Actually no,the ending was Megan getting Adam pregnant with JC.Sadly JC eats up Adam's heart and rips through his belly,becoming the ultimate augmented baby.Sarif becomes the baby's godfather,and he manages to open up a daycare(which he names it "augmented baby industries").

This is all true btw.I kid you not.

Ashbery76
11th Aug 2011, 21:05
A Greasel did it.

Romeo
11th Aug 2011, 21:22
Pinky, you dork... lol

In lieu of closing this, I'm going to re-purpose this as a temporary good bye thread. Those of you hoping to avoid spoilers can say good bye for now, here. I can tell you the mods are going to be putting in huge efforts to keep the spoilers out of threads, but inevitably some will still be seen before we can close them.

Look forward to see you lot again after release. =)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Aug 2011, 21:23
What Romeo said. :thumb:

Bye Pinky, see you soon. :wave:

thanos
11th Aug 2011, 21:26
Farewell pinky-person. I understand your fear,since that did in fact happen with fallout 3,gotta be carefuly who you lend things to.

hashi
11th Aug 2011, 21:34
I HOPE YOU COME BACK!!! I NEED YOUR E-PRESENCE ON THIS FORUM!!!

TrickyVein
11th Aug 2011, 21:35
Well, bye then. Be that way.

I'm still going to linger, though I can't imagine it being very fun coming here right after the release, what with everyone having to compare their experiences and report on their (and the story's) progress along the way.

Our work is cut out for us, though. The reviews that have to be written. The comparisons that have to be made. Lists of good and bad, what did and did not work in-game, in-theory or in development. Inappropriate screenshots. The whole deal. I can't imagine any dust settling until at least a year after release.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Aug 2011, 21:53
So who else is following in Pinky's footsteps and would like to wave goodbye? :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

TrickyVein
11th Aug 2011, 21:56
After that comment from you, MyImmortal, I don't really believe that he's gone.

Pink on your mind now? Why would that be? HMMMMM???

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Aug 2011, 22:02
Now that you mention it... he did once promise me that he would never leave me.
I don't forget these things, but it seems he has. :hmm:

ZakKa89
11th Aug 2011, 22:19
You better come back after you finished the game!

thanos
11th Aug 2011, 22:20
Your return will be required after the completion of the game,your veiws will be needed.

Knightshade
11th Aug 2011, 22:28
Ta ta, Pinky. It's been enjoyable reading your posts up to this point :thumb:

Although , I haven't been posting on here much, I too shall retire for the while. I look forward to returning and contributing more banter towards the game once I've made a couple of runs or so, myself.

So, farewell for now. And I hope everyone gets the experience in which they are hoping for from this title :)

Romeo
11th Aug 2011, 22:40
Now that you mention it... he did once promise me that he would never leave me.
I don't forget these things, but it seems he has. :hmm:
There were some signs not to trust him when he said that... Sign #1: He's male.

See you when you get back, Knight!

ApertureRat
12th Aug 2011, 01:38
see ya pinky and POM, never did get to interact with you, but have enjoyed your posts.

flipside.

The77s
12th Aug 2011, 02:13
I think I understand why people are leaving now.

I have pre-ordered the Augmented Edition, I haven't pre-ordered a special edition since Fallout 3, and it's exciting when it comes, so I'll wait.

I think I'll leave too, I'll also watch my step on YouTube vids and Kotaku, just in case.

Brockxz
12th Aug 2011, 06:16
I won 't leave those Forums. There is not a chance I will miss ****storm or overall game adoration (whichever happens after release). This must be seen because I still remember what happened after IW :D I will just make some popcorn for that.

Romeo
12th Aug 2011, 07:31
I won 't leave those Forums. There is not a chance I will miss ****storm or overall game adoration (whichever happens after release). This must be seen because I still remember what happened after IW :D I will just make some popcorn for that.
Sadly, I cannot leave the forums, spoilers be damned. I've been very good at simply reading the first few words of paragraphs pertaining to the leak and simply judging from that. I'm hoping I can make the next dozen days without accidentally reading something that will spoil my experience.

DisaFear
12th Aug 2011, 08:24
See you then! Good luck in the real world! :P

???
The only real world is DEUS EX!

SladeTeck
12th Aug 2011, 08:38
???
The only real world is DEUS EX!

LoL

Is it just me, or are the Trolls really starting to come out of the woodwork? With just a few weeks until release too, I do not envy the mods. Good luck rolling your Sanity checks! :nut:

imported_the_guy
12th Aug 2011, 09:09

What happened? I wasn't there to see it.

However, I'll stay to see the adrenaline rush to our brains, to see the excitement swarming in the air.

imported_the_guy
12th Aug 2011, 09:26
That or he's gone insane waiting for the games release. :nut:

I think we all have.

rhalibus
12th Aug 2011, 10:52
Okay, that's it--even with the review embargo, websites are beginning to post complete walkthroughs.

It's time to say good-bye until I play through the game. I might upgrade my nVidia 8800 GT with a GTX 560 Ti beforehand, but in any case it's getting too dangerous to stay here...:)

Thanks to all for all the fun and chatting. I wish everyone happiness as we all play the game soon. I'll see you on the other side. :)

Fluffis
12th Aug 2011, 12:01
Catch ya on the flip side, Pinky!

EricaLeeV
12th Aug 2011, 12:10
See you later Pinky! We'll miss you.

I will be sparse around this place too...the game is so close now. :eek:

Itkovian
12th Aug 2011, 12:13
Pinky, do not worry about spoilers. The plot is utterly predictable, except for the part where you learn you received new augmentations that turned your skin marble white and cold (happens later on), and then you start sparkling in sunlight.

It's a strange twist, I agree, but then the gameplay becomes even more strange, and as it turns in a giant struggle for a young Anna Navarre's affection between Adam and Ghunter. It's a bit unsettling I admit. At that point "stealth" playthroughs consist mostly of spying on Anna's bedroom.

I think they're trying to broaden their demogrpahics or something. *shrug*

Itkovian

Romeo
12th Aug 2011, 18:22
Pinky, do not worry about spoilers. The plot is utterly predictable, except for the part where you learn you received new augmentations that turned your skin marble white and cold (happens later on), and then you start sparkling in sunlight.

It's a strange twist, I agree, but then the gameplay becomes even more strange, and as it turns in a giant struggle for a young Anna Navarre's affection between Adam and Ghunter. It's a bit unsettling I admit. At that point "stealth" playthroughs consist mostly of spying on Anna's bedroom.

I think they're trying to broaden their demogrpahics or something. *shrug*

Itkovian
I was getting ready to murder you with words, until I realized you were only joking. :rolleyes:

thanos
12th Aug 2011, 18:47
Even our mod can be fooled it seems. And Romeo, you should totaly switch your id to the following : The Boss.

Itkovian
12th Aug 2011, 19:11
I was getting ready to murder you with words, until I realized you were only joking. :rolleyes:

I'm not.

Just what do you think "Jacob's Shadow" was all about?

*runs*

Romeo
12th Aug 2011, 19:29
I'm not.

Just what do you think "Jacob's Shadow" was all about?

*runs*
LOL!

You cannot run! I willz find UUUUUUUU... :hmm:

Itkovian
12th Aug 2011, 19:48
That sound you heard? That was your mind being blown.

Itkovian

Romeo
12th Aug 2011, 20:35
That sound you heard? That was your mind being blown.

Itkovian
You are fast becoming one of my new favourite members.

That is all. :hmm:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
12th Aug 2011, 21:19
Okay, that's it--even with the review embargo, websites are beginning to post complete walkthroughs.

It's time to say good-bye until I play through the game. I might upgrade my nVidia 8800 GT with a GTX 560 Ti beforehand, but in any case it's getting too dangerous to stay here...:)

Thanks to all for all the fun and chatting. I wish everyone happiness as we all play the game soon. I'll see you on the other side. :)

Bye bye. See you soon. :wave:

sonicsidewinder
14th Aug 2011, 17:27
I'll never stop looking...at this forum.

I..i'm sorry. think i gonna cry. Just gonna find my mommas shoulder :'(

thanos
14th Aug 2011, 17:36
Romeo ,just treat it all opjectively, anything you think to be a spoiler that you have to read in your job as a mod, just treat it as speculation or rumor, dont believe it until you see the game for yourself

Ilves
14th Aug 2011, 19:23
I guess 1000th post is the perfect moment to kick off two weeks of forum abstinence...

Regs, members banned or faded, mods, EM: it's been a fun ride! Here's to HR being every bit as good as we hope it to be.

:flowers:

Catch you guys around!

xxx

Romeo
14th Aug 2011, 20:19
Romeo ,just treat it all opjectively, anything you think to be a spoiler that you have to read in your job as a mod, just treat it as speculation or rumor, dont believe it until you see the game for yourself
I suppose... I've actually done that with films. I've read something where it seems like a spoiler, and the simply observed the film simply treating the rest of scenes thinking "a-ha, well, that wasn't it..."

Still, it's always preferable not to have to deal with spoilers.

I guess 1000th post is the perfect moment to kick off two weeks of forum abstinence...

Regs, members banned or faded, mods, EM: it's been a fun ride! Here's to HR being every bit as good as we hope it to be.

:flowers:

Catch you guys around!

xxx
Aw, see you around. And nice timing!

sonicsidewinder
15th Aug 2011, 01:00
jpc7TBhilFI

Romeo
15th Aug 2011, 03:16
I wont... Forget about you... Duh, duh, duh duh duh...

lol

MaxxQ1
15th Aug 2011, 03:30
jsaTElBljOE

Romeo
15th Aug 2011, 07:02
This thread has devolved rapidly in the last four posts... lol

Nexus_6
15th Aug 2011, 23:22
I'm right behind you, buddy. I've been waiting for this game for over a decade, I don't want to have it spoiled for me.

15th Aug 2011, 23:25
I clooooose myyyy eeeeeyes.... ONLY FOR A MOMENT, AND THE MOMENT'S GONE!

SladeTeck
16th Aug 2011, 07:47
Well I'm out too. In more ways than one. Some great people on these forums. I would appreciate if a Mod could actually remove my account completely. I spend way too much time on here already, and I need to concentrate on the real world more. Addictions have prices and I for one have to give this one up.

So long everybody.

thanos
17th Aug 2011, 01:29
I have an idea, let us keep this topic running straight up until the 22rd, allow it to die for a die for a single day,then bring it back to life on the 24th hopefuly welcomeing our errant member pinky powers back.

Romeo
17th Aug 2011, 01:50
I have an idea, let us keep this topic running straight up until the 22rd, allow it to die for a die for a single day,then bring it back to life on the 24th hopefuly welcomeing our errant member pinky powers back.
I suspect it'll be a few days before everyone makes it back (Give them time to playthrough, and whatnot).

itsonyourhead
17th Aug 2011, 01:58
LXARdPb4YBs

KqVefdx6YgI

thanos
17th Aug 2011, 02:03
Your late Romeo..as ever.

Vasarto
17th Aug 2011, 02:10
Sounds like a good plan to me! Maybe I might do the same as well pretty soon.

itsonyourhead
17th Aug 2011, 02:34
My dear Sladetecks and Nexus 6s, VectorMs and Knightshades, The77s, rhalibuses, Ilves, SonicSidewinders, JCPies, Pretentious Old Men and Pinkys.
Alas, four years is far too short a time to spend among such excellent and admirable forumites.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
I, uh, I h-have things to do. I've put this off for far too long.
I regret to announce — this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell.
Goodbye.

MaxxQ1
17th Aug 2011, 05:08
My dear Sladetecks and Nexus 6s, VectorMs and Knightshades, The77s, rhalibuses, Ilves, SonicSidewinders, JCPies, Pretentious Old Men and Pinkys.
Alas, four years is far too short a time to spend among such excellent and admirable forumites.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
I, uh, I h-have things to do. I've put this off for far too long.
I regret to announce — this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell.
Goodbye.

PROUDFEET!

thanos
17th Aug 2011, 18:21
Now vanish !

Rainbow6Team
17th Aug 2011, 19:04
I doubt anyone is gonna leave

thanos
17th Aug 2011, 19:19
Likely not, what i know only spurs me to want it more.

Zoet
17th Aug 2011, 21:50
I haven't been around here too long compared to some, and I haven't posted too much; but farewell all the same!

Aegrim
18th Aug 2011, 14:12
But they're all over the Internet. I can kind of live with them because i won't know if they're true till it happens in front of me, but it means I'm gunna spot things that support them more than others and it'll skew my perceptions of what's going on around me in the game.

How are these getting out so early?

Is the book the same story? Kind of silly releasing it earlier if so.

KommissarK
19th Aug 2011, 20:41
Yep, it looks like its out there in the wild as of now, so this place is definitely too hot to look at until I make my play through.

Its been fun being on here, best wishes to people.

Hopefully the FB unlocking will move fast and unlock before release.

-Kommissar K

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Aug 2011, 21:32
We have created an official Spoiler thread, now pinned to top of this board:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=119517
Once the game is officially released, it will be open/active.

We hope this will help those who don't wish to leave.
But for those that do, see you soon. :wave: