PDA

View Full Version : Aug yourself

MaceUk
11th Aug 2011, 14:19
If you could Augment yourself what would you choose?

Augmentations would be civilian ones and not the juicy stuff AJ gets hold of, but money is no object.

Or maybe you wouldn't, as you limb/body part would be gone forever... I am not sure whether I would or not but the eye augs seen in the mock Sarif trailer are quite interesting.

Tycho
11th Aug 2011, 14:29
I will go with a Shadowrun sleep regulator. Only 3 hours sleeping a night and you are fit. and you can stay awake for 48h without getting tired = much more time to play Deus Ex ;)

cya
Tycho

TrickyVein
11th Aug 2011, 14:45
HA. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=117568&highlight=aug&page=2) Yeah, good stuff.

I wouldn't want to augment myself with anything if I'm going to need to pay big money for this neuropozine drug...

remmus
11th Aug 2011, 14:49
something that could translate the images (or even whole videos) that I make in my mind, and translate to a suitable drawing/video making program

oh and a implant that regulate what my body picks up from my food.

ApertureRat
11th Aug 2011, 15:16
I have asthma, so some Aug'd lungs would be excellent. :thumb:

Piflik
11th Aug 2011, 15:23
Hmmm...I'd replace all my limbs for faster and stronger ones, my eyes for seeing in the dark and outside the human spectrum, a neural interface, and if possible I would replace every single connection in my brain with faster ones. In essence I would turn myself into a robot...

oxoxoxo
11th Aug 2011, 15:23
http://www.dropmocks.com/iYmCI

I reckon one of these would be pretty handy.

TwoPointOh
11th Aug 2011, 17:29
Both arms (and upper-spine/shoulder reinforcement to make best use of the extra strength), top-of-the-line Eye augs (AR HUD, Multispectrum vision modes, telephoto modes, digital camera), and personal Wireless connection, and sleep-regulator.

If we are not limiting ourselves to Civilian models, I'd take some Subdermal Armour and Bone-lacing too.

Angel-A
11th Aug 2011, 17:52
Invisibility... Super eyes... Infolink/those "sub-voc" communication thingies...

Also health re-gen.
YEAH I SAID HEALTH RE-GEN.

JCpies
11th Aug 2011, 19:08
Camera eyes, a social aug to make me less anti-social.

Mackhine
11th Aug 2011, 20:41
I wouldn't do it unless I had a serious ailment. I think all augmentations would do is make me less me, and I like me. Anything you can accomplish by using an aug, you're not really doing it. Granted, if I was in a wheelchair or had sever arthritis in my hands and couldn't do things I enjoyed because of it, then I would augment myself.

Besides, I used to "experience augmentation" (http://sarifindustries.com/experienceaugmentation/#/home/)feature on the Sarif Industries site and I looked stupid with metal arms.

12th Aug 2011, 01:37
ROBOT HAIR.

End of discussion.

IdiotInAJeep
12th Aug 2011, 07:17
I have terrible eyesight so augmented eyes with HUD's would be great.

iloveyouXWORLD
12th Aug 2011, 15:13
as much internal augmentation as possible, ill last longer and perform better, without ruining my beautiful exterior
:cool:

Amitush
12th Aug 2011, 15:56
Soft landing, blades in the arms, night vision, and cool shades

Cri du chat
12th Aug 2011, 17:04
I just want to watch someone else get "sex augs" and ask them if it was worth it.

Shralla
12th Aug 2011, 17:33
I have flat feet, so augmented feet seems to be the way to go. Also augmented eyes to see in different spectrums would be pretty cool.

MaceUk
12th Aug 2011, 22:06
I have terrible eyesight so augmented eyes with HUD's would be great.

What did you say? :)

The_Audiophile
14th Aug 2011, 04:07
If they made an aug that gets rid of procrastination and lazyness I'd definitely get it.

Rtech
14th Aug 2011, 04:20
I have allergies to pollen, so I want an augmentation that releases anti-histamine like nano bots that will prevent me from sneezing, getting itchy eyes, and a runny nose.

neilthecellist
14th Aug 2011, 07:31
I am Asian, with terrible eyesight and require contacts, which are a hassle to stick into my eyes every morning before I can even start my day. Eye augs please.

I am 5' 10", at only 99 pounds, so some biomod to let me absorb food nutrients better (AND SLOW MY METABOLISM THE HELL DOWN) would be great too.

Despite going to the gym 4-5 days a week, my endurance is terrible because of my chest concavity. So either augmented lungs would do, or just a physical augmentation altogether to decrease the amount of concavity in my chest would be help my physical endurance improve.

I love reading people, but I'm not as great as most empathizing personality types. (I'm an ENTJ, if that means anything to anyone). So the C.A.S.I.E. augmentation would really help in social situations.

That pheromone augmentation would be nice when I'm around the ladies... But hopefully, I'll find The One regardless of some fancy augmentation (I'm a sucker for true love, screw off, guys).

I love dangerous situations, and sometimes I fall from a moderately high height and have to resort to parkour-style rolls to avoid broken bones. Nevertheless, parkour rolls hurt. The Icarus Landing System would help avoid this.

A lifetime discounted subscription for neuropzyme would be nice.

And eh... Why the hell wouldn't I want cybernetic arms? If they can transform into blades of pure death, why the hell not? Just skip the government paperwork, I would rather not be registered as a lethal weapon myself.

... And I'm a pre-med major studying to be an NP RN in pediatrics.
[QUOTE=Angel-A;1648063]Denied

A ***** augmentation? Better not be another one of those ***** enlargement scams....lol

Fox89
14th Aug 2011, 13:01
There are other...less accommodating... orifices to consider though!

For me, I think I've seen a similar thread before, I'd get augmented blood cells to carry greater amounts of oxygen to my muscles, thus allowing me vastly improved stamina. There are various reasons that people pointed out before that this might not work; but in the future, science would solve it!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Aug 2011, 14:43
Just had to issue some infractions for circumventing the censor.
If you disagree with censor, then contact a member of Admin about it.... you don't dodge the censor and type it anyway.
Any other queries, PM me.

deusexx
14th Aug 2011, 14:43
There are other...less accommodating... orifices to consider though!

Exactly my point.

Hyperbolic
14th Aug 2011, 17:19
Memory and reflex augments. You could easily win back the cost of the augments as well.

thanos
14th Aug 2011, 17:46
I would replace my right eye with a combo laser/range finder to ensure asll my targets do not live to see another day.

thegekk
14th Aug 2011, 19:46
Reflex augs and optical implants and my left hand.