PDA

View Full Version : Game's out in less than two weeks!

Amitush
10th Aug 2011, 17:33
So..whos excited? ^^
I know I am
Yes, I am!
honestly :)

Mobius32
10th Aug 2011, 17:36
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/136/204/AwwYeah_Cx.jpg?1308353068

Charadesmith
10th Aug 2011, 17:41
^basically this

TrickyVein
10th Aug 2011, 17:44
Two weeks.

That's good, because I'll probably need to buy another computer in between now and then. I'm afraid to turn this one off, because it took me about the entire morning popping out the battery on the motherboard and trying to figure out what those hardware BIOS beeps meant after booting it up and seeing...nothing to get it started. :thumb:

RimvydasM
10th Aug 2011, 17:57
can't wait :) .of course i'm from Europe.so for me is more than two weeks :(

Amitush
10th Aug 2011, 18:14
can't wait :) .of course i'm from Europe.so for me is more than two weeks :(

For me its like a month from now hehe but im excited nevertheless!

RimvydasM
10th Aug 2011, 18:18
For me its like a month from now hehe but im excited nevertheless!
yeah,but after that.we will gonna try it,at least:)

Mackhine
10th Aug 2011, 20:56
I'm extremely excited! Deus Ex is my favorite game of all time, and I've been waiting for it to have a worth successor for 10 years. August 23rd will be the last day people see me for a while, as Human Revolution'll be consuming my entire life.

I'm assuming everyone has their pre-orders in?

RitaChan
10th Aug 2011, 21:09

yes of course! I was also waiting years for this game to come out and Im also excited. I think I will play this game until they make a new Deus Ex xD

deusfox
10th Aug 2011, 21:29
It it crazy to think there's a new Deus Ex game coming out in two weeks. Can't say that too often. I remember when the countdown on the main page hit 100 days to go. Now for us in the UK its 15.

By the looks of it I might be at my brother's flat for a LAN party between about 4 of us, which are always great. The carbonated drinks will be stocked up and I'll have Domino's on speed dial. If it turns out I'll be there on the morning of the 26th I'll have my Amazon order sent to his address and will probably end up spending the entire LAN playing a singleplayer :cool:

Rtech
11th Aug 2011, 00:46
I wonder why the site homepage counter says 11 days left for us in the US. The game comes out on the 23rd...shouldn't that be 13 days to go?

SladeTeck
11th Aug 2011, 00:52
I wonder why the site homepage counter says 11 days left for us in the US. The game comes out on the 23rd...shouldn't that be 13 days to go?

Maybe they are counting when they actually ship it? *shrug*

That aside, SUPER EXCITED.

TO pass the time, I've got Toy Soldiers Cold War coming out this coming week. Oh yeah. :awesome:

iloveyouXWORLD
11th Aug 2011, 00:59
Maybe they are counting when they actually ship it? *shrug*

That aside, SUPER EXCITED.

TO pass the time, I've got Toy Soldiers Cold War coming out this coming week. Oh yeah. :awesome:

Toy soldiers? lol

i just cant wait to get this game. and to everyone that i have gone on at about deus ex & how incredible it is, i can say I ****ING TOLD YOU SO!

thanos
11th Aug 2011, 01:13
Sadly it will be the 27th before I get my hands on this,since i'm going to town anyways why waste a trip even if it is for this awesome game. Unless one of my friends just happens to be going to town that day or something.

11th Aug 2011, 01:50
I poo'd myself a lil' bit.

GamerSam
11th Aug 2011, 01:57
heck yea! Augmented edition + collector's edition guide.

yea, yea--i know. WHY? The ce guide has 400+ pages with one mission the paperback won't have.

I usually get the a game's CE+CE guide, well that just me.

cartridge
11th Aug 2011, 01:57
Sadly it will be the 27th before I get my hands on this,since i'm going to town anyways why waste a trip even if it is for this awesome game. Unless one of my friends just happens to be going to town that day or something.

Yeah, same here. Waiting for the CE to arrive from the UK.

GamerSam
11th Aug 2011, 02:01
sorry double post.

AlexOfSpades
11th Aug 2011, 02:36
Moderators, target acquired!

Rindill the Red
11th Aug 2011, 03:06
I had to cancel my pre-order.

TrickyVein
11th Aug 2011, 03:51
Oh my god.

Kodaemon
11th Aug 2011, 04:17
I'm not buying, so... :/

Romeo
11th Aug 2011, 04:18
Watch it Rindill... That is inappropriate...

11th Aug 2011, 04:21
It's also pretty funny.

ApertureRat
11th Aug 2011, 04:34
yess !! cant wait ! anyword on a midnight launch??

also Rindill, that pic is badass !

"who's got time to look at a deathclaw..."

jtr7
11th Aug 2011, 04:35
Funny don't make inappropriate forgivable, even though a lot of people use that excuse to allow the inexcusable to have its way. Wait. What were we talking about? :p

11th Aug 2011, 04:37
Robot hair?

DXeXodus
11th Aug 2011, 05:51
It will be a day one pick up for me. Pre ordered the game a while back and cannot wait for the next two weeks to fly by :D

Just need to stock myself up on Deus Ex food (Beers, Crisps and Candy bars) and I'll be good to go! Hehe...

Brockxz
11th Aug 2011, 05:54
Here's how I will look when i receive my preordered DXHR augmented edition box
http://content20-foto.inbox.lv/albums126319454/saintbrox/LOL/omgexcite.jpg

wilm987
11th Aug 2011, 06:06
I was thinking, what if JC is Adam Jensen's son??? OMG :eek::eek::eek:

xaduha
11th Aug 2011, 06:27
So, nobody waiting for the first patch? ;)

hashi
11th Aug 2011, 07:11

Incorrect! JC is so powerful he went back and fathered himself, so he in in fact his own father and son

Kivan
11th Aug 2011, 07:20
It may get released in two weeks but I'll still have to wait a further two weeks for the game to arrive since I'm importing from overseas. :(

nutcrackr
11th Aug 2011, 07:27
Very excited, haven't been this excited since witcher 2 :p

Senka
11th Aug 2011, 08:26
Continuing the animal theme:

http://utterlycute.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Sloth-loves-the-box-590x393.jpg

Me happy.

remmus
11th Aug 2011, 09:39
hehe got my augmented edition, can´t wait to be stealth shooting fellows with my hunting shotgun X3

Jordasm
11th Aug 2011, 09:41
Super, duper excited, I've been replaying the leak over and over again, I don't even care if it's the same stuff each time, I love it.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Aug 2011, 10:05
Funny don't make inappropriate forgivable...
Very true... there is always a price to pay.

Less than two weeks to wait. After four l-o-n-g years, a fortnight seems almost surreal.

DXeXodus
11th Aug 2011, 10:14
I can't believe it either. It has been a real journey up until this point. I'm even starting to feel all nostalgic and stuff...

remmus
11th Aug 2011, 10:44
I can't believe it either. It has been a real journey up until this point. I'm even starting to feel all nostalgic and stuff...

sadly thinking back just makes my sigh at all the fans who where so blindly no about this game, acting like the first was some flawless holy grail no mortal could do a sequel (or as it where, a prequel) of.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Aug 2011, 10:50
^

You might find this article interesting. I've just posted it in Picus newsthread:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Team 'Lived With Fan Backlash For Years
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1009861/deus_ex_human_revolution_team_lived_with_fan_backlash_for_years.html

Dr_Bob
11th Aug 2011, 11:27
My face when DXHR comes through the letterbox:

http://i.imgur.com/KS783.jpg

Brockxz
11th Aug 2011, 11:35
sadly thinking back just makes my sigh at all the fans who where so blindly no about this game, acting like the first was some flawless holy grail no mortal could do a sequel (or as it where, a prequel) of.

Nothing has changed since then :P We still think there is a lot of design mistakes and the retail product and fan reviews will show that. Just wait for it :)

You might find this article interesting. I've just posted it in Picus newsthread:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1009861/deus_ex_human_revolution_team_lived_with_fan_backlash_for_years.html

Yes, i read that blog post but there is big BUT. What they expected from dedicated fans when they decided not to share with us? All that time could have been a lot different if they were not going "total information blackout" way. I still can't believe they couldn't find at least one person from development team to make some development progress blog were they could simply explain their decisions, progress etc. They knew what they were dealing with and should be prepared for fan anger.

cartridge
11th Aug 2011, 12:15
There has been an unnessesary amount of negativity directed at them for quite a while now, I actually feel kind of bad for this. I think a lot of people were concerned they would **** up the game, I was one of them. But I look back on it and they really took a lot of **** from users on this board.

remmus
11th Aug 2011, 12:19
Nothing has changed since then :P We still think there is a lot of design mistakes and the retail product and fan reviews will show that. Just wait for it :)

bah consider how bias those would be there as credible as a used cars saleman, at least the guy in Swedish PC gamer was objective enough to emit the first game had some flaws, that in my mind gave his review quite credibility.

Dr_Bob
11th Aug 2011, 12:20
There has been an unnessesary amount of negativity directed at them for quite a while now, I actually feel kind of bad for this. I think a lot of people were concerned they would **** up the game, I was one of them. But I look back on it and they really took a lot of **** from users on this board.

+1

a

pi r squared
11th Aug 2011, 12:29
We still think there is a lot of design mistakes and the retail product and fan reviews will show that. Just wait for it :)Most "fan" "reviews" aren't worth the pixels they take up. The very few worthwhile ones will mention the what are perceived to be 'design mistakes', but also how they do little to detract from the overall quality of the game.
I still can't believe they couldn't find at least one person from development team to make some development progress blog were they could simply explain their decisions, progress etc. They knew what they were dealing with and should be prepared for fan anger.Why should they? I don't understand this ridiculous sense of entitlement that people have that somehow they should have been presented with daily updates about the development. If devs choose to do this, then fine, but if they don't then I don't see why people can't respect that. I imagine for a large portion of time, the game was changing and tweaking so often that any form of dev progress blog would have read like MPD nonsense. "We're doing this...oh no, we've changed it...hmm, actually, we liked it how it was". Through thick and thin, the devs have clearly had faith that the end product would speak for itself - and by all accounts, it does do.

Fan anger is an interesting beast. It pains me to read some of it as an outsider, so God knows what it's like for people actually pouring their heart and soul into the game. When every bit of information released causes people to froth at the mouth like a rabid dog, it's surely much much easier to maintain silence throughout development and let people see and discuss the game only when it's (almost) ready? Fan anger is also a mixed beast. Let's take some of our more... active critics on here, for instance. I'm going to use Irate Iguana as an example, though a few others would have done equally well. I disagree with, or don't feel so strongly about, much of what II criticises. I also disagree with the way he often takes a piece of news, strips out the good and focuses entirely on the negative. BUT, I admire the eloquent, well-argued, constructive, convincing, reasoned way he (and the few others) puts his points across. There is always a valid backup to his argument, rather than "it shud be this way cuz i says it shud". I read his posts thinking, "I disagree but I can see where he's coming from", rather than "what a dick". And if the boards were full of "fan anger" like his, I don't think it would be so bad. However, for every one II, there are about 20 of the "what a dick" variety. I won't name names as some are still active members, but you see the type. Unable to express themselves without the swear-smilie having to replace so much of their post he gives himself RSI. Unable to reason or backup their arguments with anything even approaching "convincing". Unable to display any form of empathy, sympathy, or acceptance that sometimes things just change. But able to vent and rant and piss and moan rabidly until the cows come home. That's the sort of fan anger that gives a bad name to fans, and the sort of bullcrap nonsense that I'm not surprised the devs wanted to avoid.

Brockxz
11th Aug 2011, 12:35
pi r squared, how about that they said they will make developer blog? It was promised from the start and in the end nothing was done in that part.
About fan reviews i meant not really reviews but posts here when we will start to play game and will share with our opinions what works, what doesn't and what they completely messed up. Every game has such things. Some more, some fewer. I already know a lot of things majority won 't like at all :)

Charadesmith
11th Aug 2011, 12:40
How about they let the game speak for itself? More likely to cause mind blowns than some self promoting blog.. :P imo

remmus
11th Aug 2011, 12:43
pi r squared, how about that they said they will make developer blog? It was promised from the start and in the end nothing was done in that part.
About fan reviews i meant not really reviews but posts here when we will start to play game and will share with our opinions what works, what doesn't and what they completely messed up. Every game has such things. Some more, some fewer. I already know a lot of things majority won 't like at all :)

there lose, just makes me feel better for being able to say I´m a Deus Ex fan who have the mental strength to let this game stand on it´s own merits.

pi r squared
11th Aug 2011, 12:45
pi r squared, how about that they said they will make developer blog? It was promised from the start and in the end nothing was done in that part.I wasn't around here when that was promised, so I appreciate a link please. Maybe it became impractical to do one, maybe the strict NDA would have made the blog completely vapid and banal, or maybe they went "let's do a blog, sounds like a good idea", then they went "we're introducing third-person perspective and health regen", and the backlash that came with it made them go "sod this". Who knows.

Brockxz
11th Aug 2011, 12:46
How about they let the game speak for itself? More likely to cause mind blowns than some self promoting blog.. :P imo

As i said, let's wait for those 2 weeks and see :) I predict a lot of negativity will still be there :P and I already know what I don't like but I will keep it to myself for know because I want to see how's the game is in it's retail shape and maybe in the end it won 't be that bad as I see it know. I still think it won't be anywhere near it's original but it will be far better than IW and i 'm still excited that finally I will be able play new DX game even that at least will be close enough to original that I will like it in spite of things I already know i don 't like in the game. Let's stay positive for now and don 't make one more ****storm topic here. :D

I wasn't around here when that was promised, so I appreciate a link please. Maybe it became impractical to do one, maybe the strict NDA would have made the blog completely vapid and banal, or maybe they went "let's do a blog, sounds like a good idea", then they went "we're introducing third-person perspective and health regen", and the backlash that came with it made them go "sod this". Who knows.

It was more like promises from community manager here. They promised a lot of things and then they went into complete balckout and we stayed here and waited for years for something to happen.

Charadesmith
11th Aug 2011, 12:48
That's fine.. Each one has their own opinion. I already like it more than the original but that's me

imported_the_guy
11th Aug 2011, 13:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw&feature=player_detailpage

remmus
11th Aug 2011, 13:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw&feature=player_detailpage

sorry but ya screwed up something, video won´t work X3

imported_the_guy
11th Aug 2011, 13:34
Darn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHF9NHjmJ7g&feature=fvwrel

Ah well, here's the link.

CJ78
11th Aug 2011, 14:39
Lol I should put that on nonstop loop intill the game comes out.

I must say that I am almost ecstatic for the game to come out.
(I also happen to be using the countdown clock to count down how many days i have left to finish virtual spanish before school :P)

MaxxQ1
11th Aug 2011, 15:17
at least the guy in Swedish PC gamer was objective enough to emit the first game had some flaws, that in my mind gave his review quite credibility.

Many of the naysayers here were also "objective enough" to admit, and even go into detail about, the flaws of DX. The problem is that no one seems to ever read those parts. They just see the negativity about the current game, and ignore the fact that we're not blind fanboys of the original.

I've voiced my own objections to certain design decisions in HR, but that doesn't mean I think DX is perfect. As I've said before, DX is a great game *despite* its flaws - it's a perfect example of something that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Of course, there *are* those who think DX is perfect, and has no flaws. There are people like that for anything. It just means that one needs to sift out the extremes to find the more objective views.

Angel-A
11th Aug 2011, 18:05
My face when DXHR comes through the letterbox:

http://i.imgur.com/KS783.jpg
Seriously? Am I the only one who thought that was funny?

Anyway, I'm so excited for HR it hurts. But unless I can through some miracle obtain a job
iCan't afford it.

*goes to sit in the emo box*

Pretentious Old Man.
11th Aug 2011, 18:07
Many of the naysayers here were also "objective enough" to admit, and even go into detail about, the flaws of DX. The problem is that no one seems to ever read those parts. They just see the negativity about the current game, and ignore the fact that we're not blind fanboys of the original.

I've voiced my own objections to certain design decisions in HR, but that doesn't mean I think DX is perfect. As I've said before, DX is a great game *despite* its flaws - it's a perfect example of something that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Of course, there *are* those who think DX is perfect, and has no flaws. There are people like that for anything. It just means that one needs to sift out the extremes to find the more objective views.

Thing is, there ARE no objective views. Your perfect game is not my perfect game, is not CoDEllite's perfect game. This is why all top 100 lists &c are just silly.

For example, for people who want a high-octane romp with lots of explosions, Modern Warfare 2 is probably the perfect game. This is why it's impossible to be "objective" about something like video-games.

remmus
11th Aug 2011, 18:29

frankly I go so far as to say if you comparing it at all to the first game, your going at it the right angle
, the game is 11 years old, I think one can safely say it should be judged on it´s own merits, now I havent gotten my hands on the leak, but so far from what I seen and read, this is a Deus Ex game, and I´m going to enjoy it as a Deus Ex fan.

deusfox
11th Aug 2011, 18:42
om nom nom

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/370325569.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1313087758&Signature=TjqoGX6uM0dpldZpk6y7%2FUPC36o%3D

VectorM
11th Aug 2011, 18:57
Thing is, there ARE no objective views. Your perfect game is not my perfect game, is not CoDEllite's perfect game. This is why all top 100 lists &c are just silly.

For example, for people who want a high-octane romp with lots of explosions, Modern Warfare 2 is probably the perfect game. This is why it's impossible to be "objective" about something like video-games.

When the hell did you become all humble and ****? Oh, the old lad gimmick, right...

Deus_Ex_Machina
11th Aug 2011, 19:03

His junk is augmented. :naughty:

Deus_Ex_Machina
11th Aug 2011, 19:15
^

Well, we'll find out for sure whether or not said criticism was justified within the week. NO! Within six months. NO! Within two weeks.

Electronic old men are the future.

ROCK STARTIST
12th Aug 2011, 08:07
It's a very good feeling, been waiting years for this, I can see it as the apex of my PS3 gaming Experience of this year. I can imagine once I enter the Shanghai Level, I will be free roaming and clubbing just absorbing the atmosphere without playing the missions yet! wow, The Blade Runner of video games.