PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: Human Revolution the FPSMMO

rabidious
9th Aug 2011, 04:56
What about it? Who wants to see Deus ex: human revolution be a first person shooter massive multiplayer online role playing game.

First person shooter - use of guns and first person view aiming
Massive multiplayer online - planet, universe, etc that is populatable with housing, vehicle, etc
Role playing game - your actions change the outcome of the game usualy via speach, killing, leveling up, etc

MaxxQ1
9th Aug 2011, 05:09
What about it? Who wants to see Deus ex: human revolution be a first person shooter massive multiplayer online role playing game.

First person shooter - use of guns and first person view aiming
Massive multiplayer online - planet, universe, etc that is populatable with housing, vehicle, etc
Role playing game - your actions change the outcome of the game usualy via speach, killing, leveling up, etc

No, thank you.

nomotog
9th Aug 2011, 05:25
I approve of the idea. MMOs need a DX. If you dig around, this topic has come up before and I shared a few ideas of how things could work in it.

Romeo
9th Aug 2011, 06:50
I'm siding with Maxx on this one. There's already a plethora of online games, and MMOs specifically. Not every game needs to be online. Deus Ex should be a single player game, let an off-shoot of the series worry about online.

Brockxz
9th Aug 2011, 07:05
All i can say is Neocron. It's the only cyberpunk genre mmo up to date. Try it and maybe you will like it.
Do i want to see proper Deus Ex MMO? Maybe, but only if it is really done properly (conspiracy, decisions that affect the world, multiple ways to complete tasks etc) but there is a lot of things that says it won't happen anytime soon. For now there is no really complex MMOs. There is WoW and a lot of wannabe WoWs. Even WoW starts to implement world changes as you progress but that's really in primitive way because there is no real decisions and the chance to choose how you want to change the course of the game. OK, there will be SWTOR and Bioware tries really hard to make story driven, player choice means something game but until we see how it will actually work i won 't say that it's a progress in mmo genre. All i can say is that for now it looks impossible to make something as DX in MMO.

wilm987
9th Aug 2011, 07:07
Don't forget the kart racing game, JJB make us a promise...

xaduha
9th Aug 2011, 07:31
There is one nice candidate for a new kind of MMO - E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy.
But it will never work out and will never catch on.
You'd have to balance it and dumb it down, until all originality is lost.

Ashpolt
9th Aug 2011, 09:12
I'm against the idea of Deus Ex having multiplayer at all, so turning it into an MMO? *Shudders*

In fact, a while ago we had a thread for "imagine the worst Deus Ex game you possibly can" and "It's an MMO" was top of my list. Deus Ex is a single player game, and the things that define the series either wouldn't work at all or would be severely weakened by making it multiplayer, never mind an MMO.

If someone wants to make a cyberpunk FPSMMO, then come up with a new IP - remember when companies used to do that? - and keep it away from Deus Ex.

mr_cyberpunk
9th Aug 2011, 09:23
I take it none of you have played Neocron.. *sigh* Oh I see someone mentioned it.

It's basically Deus Ex as an MMO.

Brockxz
9th Aug 2011, 09:29
I take it none of you have played Neocron.. *sigh* Oh I see someone mentioned it.

I take you didn 't read my post :D

Thasc
9th Aug 2011, 12:14
I play Deus Ex games because they immerse me into their world. That would be hard in a world where pImPmAsTeR*dEnToN*0451 is shouting 'give me ur fuxxin aug cans u dont ned them like me' over local.

iloveyouXWORLD
9th Aug 2011, 12:26
since i posted the thread "DXHR Multiplayer" i have come to realise that multiplayer would actually not be suitable for the dx world. only because it would never be good. deus ex is a very special game, so the multiplayer would have to be special too.

I play Deus Ex games because they immerse me into their world. That would be hard in a world where pImPmAsTeR*dEnToN*0451 is shouting 'give me ur fuxxin aug cans u dont ned them like me' over local.

LOL

Brockxz
9th Aug 2011, 12:30

That's not a problem in MMO. Just disallow to use numeric and other symbols in naming policy. There is a rules you must follow to give a name to your characters in MMO games. Have seen a lot of cases where someone reports someones name and they are forced to change it. Also every MMO has blacklisting abilities to blacklist such morons. Never had a problem with this in any MMO I have played.

Dr_Bob
9th Aug 2011, 13:00
Just go play The Matrix Online.

JCpies
9th Aug 2011, 13:07
Personally, I wouldn't mind multiplayer in Human Revolution. It's not the reason I would buy it, but if done correctly it could be pretty kick ass.

cartridge
9th Aug 2011, 13:58
The only way I could see MP enhancing Deus Ex rather than hurting it, is to have something similar to Demon's Souls/Dark Souls where other "agents" leave behind clues and other information via various forms of in-game communication for the player character to find, never directly interacting with other players.

nomotog
9th Aug 2011, 15:18

They used the DX engine to make it too.

Have a link to the last MMO thread. Really short.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=114824

Romeo
9th Aug 2011, 15:52
I'm against the idea of Deus Ex having multiplayer at all, so turning it into an MMO? *Shudders*

In fact, a while ago we had a thread for "imagine the worst Deus Ex game you possibly can" and "It's an MMO" was top of my list. Deus Ex is a single player game, and the things that define the series either wouldn't work at all or would be severely weakened by making it multiplayer, never mind an MMO.

If someone wants to make a cyberpunk FPSMMO, then come up with a new IP - remember when companies used to do that? - and keep it away from Deus Ex.
I'm with you all the way, buddy. Deus Ex is a really strong single-player experience. And, like most strong single-player games (Deus Ex, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect) it's almost impossible to convey that sense of choice and consequence when your choices can't really affect the rest of everyone else's experience. Hell, I will admit, back when Mass Effect (the first) was just released, one of my first thoughts was "Damn, this would make an excellent Battlefront II-style of game." That being said, I only thought that would apply to a seperate iteration of the game, completely pulled away from the central fiction of the game. That same theory, in my books, applies to Deus Ex as well. Sure, it'd be fun to have a shooter based upon Human Revolution's mechanics, but not in an MMO setting, and not as a tie-in with the standard single-player experiences.

Jerion
9th Aug 2011, 16:17

QFT. I'd love to see a properly Cyberpunk MMO (and one set in Human Revolution's snippet of the DX universe would be pretty cool), but leave Deus Ex or at the very least it's single player stories out of it.