Kvltism
8th Aug 2011, 09:28
Thanks for the heads-up, downloading it now. :thumb:

rokstrombo
8th Aug 2011, 09:45
Awesome news!

IdiotInAJeep
8th Aug 2011, 09:48
Finally, now HDTP and Revision need to be finished and we have Deus Ex 2011.

Graeme
8th Aug 2011, 15:55
http://www.shacknews.com/article/69626/deus-ex-hd-texture-mod-new-vision-released

sajin
8th Aug 2011, 16:19
http://www.shacknews.com/article/69626/deus-ex-hd-texture-mod-new-vision-released
And it couldn't come at a better time ! Downloading..

Btw the direct link is:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-new-vision

Graeme
8th Aug 2011, 16:33
Props to Google+ for letting me know about this btw. Go to Sparks and just type in a key word to add to your Sparks page. Then you can go through your Sparks pages and get blog and news updates about anything that interests you

Tecman
8th Aug 2011, 17:20
Amazing news. Been using the beta for a while now, but seeing 1.0... Hell yea.

ApertureRat
8th Aug 2011, 17:38
....cant get it to work..:(

iloveyouXWORLD
8th Aug 2011, 18:03
This is probably a really stupid question, but if eidos montreal release sdk would some super-modder be able to re-create the first dx using HRs SDK?

Romeo
8th Aug 2011, 18:24
This is probably a really stupid question, but if eidos montreal release sdk would some super-modder be able to re-create the first dx using HRs SDK?
A team would be able to, but it would be a HUGE undertaking, as everything would have to be re-created from the ground up (They're different engines). Heck, even games that have the same engines usually arn't backwards compatible with SDK (For example, Oblivion can't be modded with Fallout's SDK).

As to the original topic though, this is awesome. Downloading now!

El Zoido
8th Aug 2011, 18:33
....cant get it to work..:(

What's the matter? Are you using the alternative renderers that are included?
If you are on Vista/Win7 you can use Kenties DX10 renderer and DeusExe that are both included otherwise you have to use OpenGL I think.

Easiest way is to use the exe by Kentie. Alternatively you have to enter the right settings menu. Press t, remove the text that shows up ("say") and type "preferences" (without the quotation marks). Then choose the new renderers in the menu that pops up.

Dead-Eye
8th Aug 2011, 19:41
I remember saying that It would be ridicules if Deus Ex 3 comes out before HDTP... but also likely...

:lmao:

Igo
8th Aug 2011, 20:45
Does it work with Shifter mod anyone tried?

El Zoido
8th Aug 2011, 21:44
It does.
I've DX set up using Shifter + New Vision + DX Enhanced + HDTP (the preview version).

hashi
8th Aug 2011, 23:02
I remember saying that It would be ridicules if Deus Ex 3 comes out before HDTP... but also likely...

:lmao:

lol it's a shame it became a bit of a joke and their section of the forum is dead and only filled with people saying its vapourware. The demo was epic, and would have been great to have that and NV out together

ZakKa89
8th Aug 2011, 23:32
Great news :D

mr_cyberpunk
9th Aug 2011, 00:29
Hopefully in the end this'll change Eidos Montreal's stance on their SDK given how much PR Buzz the mod has generated. I hope so.

Risingred
9th Aug 2011, 00:31
Hopefully in the end this'll change Eidos Montreal's stance on their SDK given how much PR Buzz the mod has generated. I hope so.

It even made it to the front page of Kotaku.

http://kotaku.com/5828601/its-time-to-play-the-original-deus-ex-in-high-definition

Pinky_Powers
9th Aug 2011, 00:47
Higher resolution textures? That's about all this does right?

Are there any decent-sized screenshots so I can see what the game looks like with this mod? All the ones I've seen are too tiny to be of any help.

ApertureRat
9th Aug 2011, 05:49
What's the matter? Are you using the alternative renderers that are included?
If you are on Vista/Win7 you can use Kenties DX10 renderer and DeusExe that are both included otherwise you have to use OpenGL I think.

Easiest way is to use the exe by Kentie. Alternatively you have to enter the right settings menu. Press t, remove the text that shows up ("say") and type "preferences" (without the quotation marks). Then choose the new renderers in the menu that pops up.

I'm on XP , after installing , upon startup I get error msg saying that I'm missing 'smvcrt100.dll'
Deus Ex usually works fine for me, but after installing New Vision all I get is this msg...
I'm not much of a PC gamer so please dont flame me for asking this, just wannna enjoy Deus all over again.

coldenhas
9th Aug 2011, 06:01
i bought deus ex from the games for windows marketplace. i have no idea where they stored the game files so i can't get this to work because i can't copy the files into a folder which i don't know where it's located. any help?

Brockxz
9th Aug 2011, 06:04

It's hard to say because first of all, there is no skill system to work on. There is no other things DX1 (lean ability, different AI awareness etc.) had. SDK would not be enough to recreate the first game. You will need to have access to engine source code to be able create new skill system. It's really hard to say if that would be possible without seeing what SDK offers.

i bought deus ex from the games for windows marketplace. i have no idea where they stored the game files so i can't get this to work because i can't copy the files into a folder which i don't know where it's located. any help?
Take a look at game's launch shortcut properties for path to exe file.

coldenhas
9th Aug 2011, 06:14
Take a look at game's launch shortcut properties for path to exe file.

the properties sheet doesn't say where the exe file is located. i've checked my program files and program files (x86) folders i've looked in the games for windows folder and have drawn a blank for it's location.

Brockxz
9th Aug 2011, 06:21
the properties sheet doesn't say where the exe file is located. i've checked my program files and program files (x86) folders i've looked in the games for windows folder and have drawn a blank for it's location.

make file search for deusex.exe It has to be somewhere on your computer.

coldenhas
9th Aug 2011, 06:28
make file search for deusex.exe It has to be somewhere on your computer.

the only .exe file i found was the file located in the new vision update that i downloaded. i am so super confused about this.

DaedalusIcarusHelios
9th Aug 2011, 17:08
I'm on XP , after installing , upon startup I get error msg saying that I'm missing 'smvcrt100.dll'
Deus Ex usually works fine for me, but after installing New Vision all I get is this msg...
I'm not much of a PC gamer so please dont flame me for asking this, just wannna enjoy Deus all over again.

It looks like you just need the Visual C++ 2010 Run times. See here: http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/

DaedalusIcarusHelios
9th Aug 2011, 17:12

By default, Deus Ex installs to c:\Deus Ex\. Not sure if that's the case for installing via Games For Windows, but I thought I'd mention it in case you didn't think to look there.

DaedalusIcarusHelios
9th Aug 2011, 17:18
Question for everyone: What do you prefer: the DX9 Renderer + ENBseries or the DX10 renderer? I've tried both, and with ENBseries enabled, I think it looks much better (after hitting Shift + F12). Am I missing anything with the DX10 renderer? Can you somehow use ENBseries with the DX10 renderer?

The DX10 renderer looks like it'd be really great if images had height maps and all that, but I don't think there are any (maybe its more for future mod-ability). I've played with the advanced settings and while it looks good, I'm not seeing the quality that ENBSeries provides with DX9.

coldenhas
9th Aug 2011, 17:19
By default, Deus Ex installs to c:\Deus Ex\. Not sure if that's the case for installing via Games For Windows, but I thought I'd mention it in case you didn't think to look there.

my C drive doesn't contain a deux ex folder... i guess i aint getting this to work. kinda sad

ninjawanda
11th Aug 2011, 21:49
I'm having the same problem as coldenhas. I have installed Deus Ex through Steam, and the shortcut points me to steam://rungameid/6910 so I cant seem to get into the install files of the game thus I cannot copy files to it to install New Vision.

iloveyouXWORLD
11th Aug 2011, 22:02
I'm having the same problem as coldenhas. I have installed Deus Ex through Steam, and the shortcut points me to steam://rungameid/6910 so I cant seem to get into the install files of the game thus I cannot copy files to it to install New Vision.

this is just a guess as i am not very experienced with pcs AT ALL. but try c:/programfilesx86/steam
it should be somewhere in the steam folder.

ninjawanda
11th Aug 2011, 22:04
this is just a guess as i am not very experienced with pcs AT ALL. but try c:/programfilesx86/steam
it should be somewhere in the steam folder.

Yeah I've looked there. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam\games only contains the shortcut icons of the games I've installed on steam. If I click on them the image viewer opens and just shows me the icon.

iloveyouXWORLD
11th Aug 2011, 22:08
Yeah I've looked there. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam\games only contains the shortcut icons of the games I've installed on steam. If I click on them the image viewer opens and just shows me the icon.

sorry try this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps
it should be in steamapps. but im not positive

ZakKa89
11th Aug 2011, 22:27
I really want to but I don't think I will have the time to replay deus ex again before DEHR comes out :(

Too many other games to play (from dust, bastion, EYE, limbo) and other stuff to do...

iloveyouXWORLD
11th Aug 2011, 22:30
the file most likely be called Deus ex (not exe) look at the file type- it should say Application. right click on deus ex and go properties. only in here will it say deus ex.exe. thats why it isnt showing up in your search. once again im only guessing

stringtapper
12th Aug 2011, 03:00
It does.
I've DX set up using Shifter + New Vision + DX Enhanced + HDTP (the preview version).

Has anyone compiled some kind of package that can get all of this working at once? I just got VMWare Fusion and Windows 7 to run games and I'd love to play DX1 with enhanced graphics this week.

jazman84
12th Aug 2011, 23:06
Thread necro.

Going crazy waiting for HR. Fractured ankle so in bed for a few weeks, any word of a DX upgrade mod that is still going?

iloveyouXWORLD
12th Aug 2011, 23:10
what i wanna see is dx1 ported to XBLA & PSN with the new vision mod added in.