PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: Air Wars

Dead-Eye
6th Aug 2011, 04:22
It's clear at this point Deus Ex 3 is going to be a huge success, gaining multiple game of the year awards and influencing console gaming forever. Congratulations Edios Montreal! You guys can pat yourself on the back for delivering a game that is a worthy sequel to the original masterpiece.

That's why I want to get my idea out here before we see a huge influx of Deus Ex 4 requests threads. I think we talked about this before but, what I would love to see is the 'Real' Deus Ex Clan Wars; A game that ideally focuses it's attention on air wars of the Deus Ex universe. A challenge, but when have challenges ever been a bad thing?

I don't think combat flight simulators have really reached their full potential, and I know a lot of hardcore Deus Ex fans are simulator fans too. Edios Montreal wanted to push itself by making a Deus Ex game, and I'm sure it's going to pay off. Developing a combat flight simulator is another way of pushing yourself; particularly solving the problem of having intuitive flight controls on an Xbox 360 controller, as they lack a proper throttle axis. What you guys have done with press, hold and double press might be viable solutions and it makes me interested to see what EM would produce. It would also push you to dive deep into the minds of PC gamers as to support the people who are hardcore flight simmers with lot's of special hardware and deal with highly configurable environments.

It's also something interesting because of how much aviation is interrelated with conspiracy theory. UFOs, Area 51, and the glorification of war, etc. Can it be argued that Air Wars are created because they are fun? Why dose the military have a love affair with airplanes? Defiantly some ideology that can be explored in a philosophical game about air combat.

Ideally if the game was perfect, players would be allowed to fly/drive whatever they want in multiplayer; Like Battlefield 3. However if that can't be done, I definitely think a true Deus Ex Clan Wars would focus a large sum of it's attention on air-combat if resources must be prioritized. It makes sense to me that the worlds deadliest government assassins would fly the worlds deadliest aircraft; and when you factor in augmentation it only makes sense because augmented people could pull turns of over 9Gs. In 2027 they could have augmented people fly in strike fighters that are approved for 12gs! The military would be really interested in that, think about it. They could dodge missiles!

Also in the prospective of a Deus Ex game, you can allow players to city hop by, you know, actually city hopping! :cool: That would be a fun way to get around in my mind. If you actually need to go to the airfield, get in your jet and fly to the other city hubs.

Ideally, someone like Adam Jensen could have some super cool comic book style strike fighter that travails at supersonic speeds with unlimited range and automatic VTOL characteristics. It would be easy to fly, because it's the technology of the future. Still, you could have some real planes in there like the F22, F35, F18 or a terrorist Cessna 172 to give the game that grounded feeling, and offer players the option to challenge themselves.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-22_2.jpg

It just seems to feel right to this Deus Ex fan.

Cerulean Shaman
6th Aug 2011, 04:36
I don't think it does feel right as a Deus Ex fan. I can't see your logical leap from unique, story based shooter to dog-fight flight simulation. And I don't believe agents, augmented or otherwise, would be casually seen piloting combat fighters. Just as in DX: HR Jensen depends on others to get him around, others who are actually trained to fly things. I'm not shooting down your personal desires, I'm only saying that what you want wouldn't really be a Deus Ex, it would be what Front Mission Evolved to the Front Mission series.

Long before Deus Ex 4 however I'd like to see maybe an expansion or two, possibly some DLC, and most definitively a SDK or something so the community can take over caring for the game once the team moves on to their next project.

Oh, and the military is in love with airplanes and aerial combat for the same reason the sword crumbled before the gun; the easier and safer it is to kill someone the better. Without the restriction of terrain to hinder them, aerial vehicles can quickly and effectively deliver some of our greatest weapons. Just imagine if a ground squadron had to deliver the atomic bomb in WWII? I think Deus Ex has it right the way it is now...focusing on set of eyes and mind and seeing through them the twisted and conflicted world of the future. Hard to do that when most of the game is spent in the air blowing other planes up.

Pinky_Powers
6th Aug 2011, 04:47
I've always wanted to play a game where you're a squirrel in the forest, hunting for nuts and escaping predators by ascending into the leafy boughs. I also think this could easily tie into the Deus Ex continuity.

... (http://www.aquariumofpacific.org/images/blog_uploads/fun_Harpo_blowing_raspberry_2.jpg)

Dead-Eye
6th Aug 2011, 05:03
I've always wanted to play a game where you're a squirrel in the forest, hunting for nuts and escaping predators by ascending into the leafy boughs. I also think this could easily tie into the Deus Ex continuity.

... (http://www.aquariumofpacific.org/images/blog_uploads/fun_Harpo_blowing_raspberry_2.jpg)

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! Edit: Like you could be a squirrel and see all the injustice in the world because your a squirrel, so then you go and fight the Illuminati! works for me.

Maybe I'm just disappointed that IL-2: COD was horrible.

iloveyouXWORLD
6th Aug 2011, 05:05
It just seems to feel right to this Deus Ex fan.

what have you been smoking? gimme sum of that $hit! then again, maybe not.

LOL!

6th Aug 2011, 05:25
but when have challenges ever been a bad thing?

I saw that forest fire commercial with all the matches being arranged into different shapes and figures, and then at the end all but one of the matches leave and the words 'What can you destroy with just one?' pop up on the screen.
I see that as a challenge.

Also, do a barrel roll.

iloveyouXWORLD
6th Aug 2011, 05:34
Electronic old squirrels, playing at running the world with thier minature fighter jets. DX always has to be firstperson/rpg/immersive sim. anything else and the rioting on the streets will get to a point that even the squirells wont be able to contain it.

Pinky_Powers
6th Aug 2011, 05:36
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! Edit: Like you could be a squirrel and see all the injustice in the world because your a squirrel, so then you go and fight the Illuminati! works for me.

Maybe I'm just disappointed that IL-2: COD was horrible.

I'll work with you on your game if you work with me on mine.

UNATCO won't know what hit 'em when I stealth in there on all fours and bash the director over the head with a walnut for a non-lethal takedown.

It's going to be awesome!

http://www.awn.com/files/imagepicker/1/bolt03_Bolt-140.jpg

Dead-Eye
6th Aug 2011, 05:37
Really? You guys don't see Adam Jensen piloting a Jet Fighter? The guy has knives for arms! There an aerodynamic weapon! He even has his own 100% reliable parachute augmentation! The guy was made to fight fighter jets!

iloveyouXWORLD
6th Aug 2011, 05:41
Really? You guys don't see Adam Jensen piloting a Jet Fighter? They guy has knives for arms! There an aerodynamic weapon! He even has his own 100% reliable parachute augmentation! The guy was made to fight fighter jets!

all it takes is one SAM...... id rather stay on foot where i can put cloak & speed enhancement to good use.

Dead-Eye
6th Aug 2011, 05:41
^^ But Jensen's fighter jet would have 2027 stealth technology, flares, and the ability to dodge SAMs at 12Gs.

UNATCO won't know what hit 'em when I stealth in there on all fours and bash the director over the head with a walnut for a non-lethal takedown.
Pinky, your a genus!:flowers:

Electronic old squirrels, playing at running the world with thier minature fighter jets. DX always has to be firstperson/rpg/immersive sim. anything else and the rioting on the streets will get to a point that even the squirells wont be able to contain it.
Man these are some kick ass squirrels. NINJA RC F22 SQUIRREL WORLD POLICE!

iloveyouXWORLD
6th Aug 2011, 05:46
i declare quarantine of this thread... some escaped infected mental patients are on the loose :nut:

Cloakedfigure
6th Aug 2011, 05:53
I'd watch what you say about JoJo he's got a temper.

Pinky_Powers
6th Aug 2011, 05:55
i declare quarantine of this thread... some escaped infected mental patients are on the loose :nut:

Infected with foresight, ingenuity and a rare strain of greatness; institutionalized out of fear and jealousy. The Establishment would have us shaved, sterilized and destroyed. F*** the bozos!

iloveyouXWORLD
6th Aug 2011, 05:56
I'd watch what you say about JoJo he's got a temper.

i have to shout, or he dont hear me, mans got a head of marbles.

^^ But Jensen's fighter jet would have 2027 stealth technology, flares, and the ability to dodge SAMs at 12Gs.

Pinky, your a genus!:flowers:

maybe as a multiplayer DLC then. happy?

i will never let it happen

Cloakedfigure
6th Aug 2011, 06:04
i have to shout, mans got a head of marbles

Three.

Cloakedfigure
6th Aug 2011, 06:05
Three.

She snitches on me it's my ass!

iloveyouXWORLD
6th Aug 2011, 06:09
Three.

B!tc# i aint goin back to jail.

iloveyouXWORLD
6th Aug 2011, 06:13
Infected with foresight, ingenuity and a rare strain of greatness; institutionalized out of fear and jealousy. The Establishment would have us shaved, sterilized and destroyed. F*** the bozos!

nah you guys are cool, good neighbors keep eachothers business private. and im a good neighbor. i wont snitch you up to the establishment. you too dead-eye. now you wanna buy sumfin or not. pu$$ycat 250

**** me its 7am im meant to be up for work soon n i aint slept. whats with the feebsville getup?

She snitches on me it's my ass!

you quoted yourself n broke the flow. dont think you know somrthing about the lady(dx) that i dont. im not giving you that key

JCpies
6th Aug 2011, 07:37
AWESOME IDEAD DEAD-EYE!

We need to be able to control drones and fly V-tol craft, as well as helicopters and whatever else the future holds!! But what about the cart game?

IdiotInAJeep
6th Aug 2011, 12:08
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/061/664/1275937249093s.jpg?1280083530

Dead-Eye
6th Aug 2011, 14:22
...But what about the cart game?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t171/Dingo_Master/DeusExCart.jpg

Deus_Ex_Machina
6th Aug 2011, 14:49
@ Dead-Eye

If you wanna make enemies, make Deus Ex: Airwars.

tZer
6th Aug 2011, 15:01
My vote is for Augmented Squirrels.

Neuromancer07
6th Aug 2011, 17:10
My request is for DEUS EX: HUMAN RESOURCES SIMULATOR.

Trapped behind a desk? Why not experience being trapped behind a desk in Directx8 in your diminishing leisure time!? Over 10,000 hours of incredible procedural gameplay! Read departmental notifications, ignore memoranda, develop consensus, assuage tensions in the most superficial and counter-productive ways imaginable, walk down exquisitely bland corridors, stare inhumanly at a clock, contemplate suicide and throw away your limited time on this earth fantasising about a tryst with Rebecca from accounting on the photocopier! Preorder now and receive the exclusive AN EVENING AT THE VICE-PRESIDENT'S HOUSE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT; gaze in quiet desperation at your superior's spouse while realising you've internalised your office role so wholly you have nothing interesting to say.

Become a Human Resources director! Unravel intra-office malaise! Develop legionellosis from cost-cutting industrial air conditioners and wish to mercifully die before you can spend your meagre retirement funds frugally as your social security has long since been stolen by plutocrats!

It's not the end of your career, but it should be!

DEUS EX: HUMAN RESOURCES SIMULATOR. Coming 2015.

Mobius32
6th Aug 2011, 19:28

For some reason, that reminded me of 12 Monkeys, the best movie I forget I hate

sonicsidewinder
6th Aug 2011, 19:28
There is some Malkavian sh1t going down right here.

JCpies
6th Aug 2011, 19:35
If you want to make enemies, try to change the genre of something.

iloveyouXWORLD
6th Aug 2011, 20:09
There is some Malkavian sh1t going down right here.

disturbed & twisted sh1t. that track is awesome-(combat) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK3u74c7WI
crazy malkavians

Pinky_Powers
6th Aug 2011, 20:35
For some reason, that reminded me of 12 Monkeys, the best movie I forget I hate

Good catch. ;)

Yes, the last part of that post was indeed taken from 12 Monkeys; one of Brad Pitt's best lines in that awesome film. :cool:

Dead-Eye
7th Aug 2011, 03:21
Trust me guys! Deus Ex: Airwars will be hardly noticeable in the wake of the thousands of spin-off games that will come to the market once Square realizes just how big of a franchise its got here with Deus Ex.

Human Revolution is going to do for console gaming what Deus Ex did for PC gaming. Combine that with the fallibility of the game industry and a combat flight simulator spin off is defiantly not that the worst spin off we will see. In-fact, most would welcome it over what will come to the market in a few years.

It's a good idea to get your Deus Ex spin off idea out here early; like I have done with this thread, so at lest they will know what kinds of spin-offs we want. Else they will build spin-offs we really, really, really don't want.

iloveyouXWORLD
7th Aug 2011, 03:53
Trust me guys! Deus Ex: Airwars will be hardly noticeable in the wake of the thousands of spin-off games that will come to the market once Square realizes just how big of a franchise its got here with Deus Ex..

:eek: hmmm then again maybe this is a good thing, as long as the games produced are worthy to the deus ex name.
But still no dx air wars dead eye! lol

SladeTeck
7th Aug 2011, 04:06
Can I haz Adam Tenton plz?

Refrence: Z7tRYj-Y6qI

Rindill the Red
7th Aug 2011, 04:18
Day'o'sex: Human Penetration - Play as Adam Big Jonson as he comes, humps, and bangs his way through global conspiracies, tasting local and exotic color from cities such as Detroit, Heng Sha, and Montreal. Uncover secret hidden places. Leave no bush or hole unexplored for leads. Get in close and use energy bars to go down on targets in rewarding third person views; upgrade yourself to engage two or three at a time. Augment yourself for greater speed, stamina, and size. Acquire see-through vision to help pick targets or a pheromone aug to help get NPC's in the right mood. Sporting the developer identified 4 pillar gameplay. Players have the choice to sneak their way in. Force their way in. Smooth talk their way in. Or hack their way in.

iloveyouXWORLD
7th Aug 2011, 04:24
Can I haz Adam Tenton plz?

Refrence: Z7tRYj-Y6qI

LOL!

Day of Sex: Human Penetration - Play as Adam Big Jonson as he comes and bangs his way through global conspiracies, tasting local and exotic color from cities such as Detroit, Heng Sha, and Montreal. Uncover secret hidden places. Leave no bush or hole unexplored for leads. Get in close and use energy bars to go down on targets in rewarding third person views; upgrade yourself to engage two or three at a time. Augment yourself for greater speed, stamina, and size. Acquire see-through vision to help pick targets or a pheromone aug to help get NPC's in the right mood. Sporting the developer identified 4 pillar gameplay. Players have the choice to sneak their way in. Force their way in. Smooth talk their way in. Or hack their way in.

LOL!

this thread is gold!

EDIT: i just cant stop laughing! rewarding 3rd person views. ha ha ha HA

Dead-Eye
7th Aug 2011, 05:04
Hey! Do you guys know about the commercial airships that are coming to the market in the next 10 to 20 years?
http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2007/08/medium_7752_7080750258.jpg
Xp3wH9GjtIM

They could put airships in Deus Ex: Air Wars! Just like in Final Fantasy! Except, without all the fantasy! :rasp:

JCpies
7th Aug 2011, 07:49
It's Lebedev!

7th Aug 2011, 20:11
Players have the choice to sneak their way in. Force their way in. Smooth talk their way in. Or hack their way in.

Pfffffffffffloooooooooooooool

Bravo, sir. Bravo.