PDA

View Full Version : DLC compatibility Germany / UK

Gemuesepizza
4th Aug 2011, 20:26
Hi, it seems that the german version of Deus Ex does not include English audio and text (at least the console version,
god knows why), therefore I have to buy the UK version. Two questions:

1.) Will there be problems regarding DLCs? Can I buy UK DLCs in the German PSN-Store / on Xbox Live? Or is this
not possible?

2.) If yes, will the audio and text of the DLC be in English, or will it be mixed up?

PS: I'm really disappointed that there will be no English audio in the German console version. Can we maybe get an
official answer explaining this decision? I understand that space is limited on the Xbox DVD, but the PS3 Blu-ray
actually offers enough space. And then there is always the alternative to put the audio files as DLC on the respective
online stores.

KingNL
4th Aug 2011, 20:32
Who said there will be DLC?

Gemuesepizza
4th Aug 2011, 20:38
David Anfossi from Eidos Montreal, a while ago:

http://www.vg247.com/2010/08/18/eidos-montreal-confirms-dlc-plans-for-deus-ex-human-revolution/

And there are still the release DLCs from preorder and from the augmented edition. I wonder if I can activate them on my German account.

KingNL
4th Aug 2011, 20:43
Cool didn't know that, please let it be hubs..
I think you can easily get audio files off the internet from a different language release, I did it for past games too and it worked alright

Gemuesepizza
4th Aug 2011, 20:52
Unfortunately not for the PS3/Xbox versions. :(

KingNL
4th Aug 2011, 21:45
Ah yes ofcourse my bad..

tZer
4th Aug 2011, 23:19
Import the game from Amazon.co.uk or any other retailer. Then you get English Audio and the game is also much cheaper.

Piflik
5th Aug 2011, 10:21
Create an UK PSN account like all sensible people ;)

El Zoido
5th Aug 2011, 11:58
Import the game from Amazon.co.uk or any other retailer. Then you get English Audio and the game is also much cheaper.

If you are on PC chances are it won't work this way due to Steam, which is usually region-locked.
Don't know how it is if you buy it retail though.
Anyway, german market is pretty significant, I guess you can count on localized versions.

Gemuesepizza
5th Aug 2011, 13:46
Create an UK PSN account like all sensible people ;)

That way I can't get all the trophies with my main account and I have to buy a UK PSN card to pay for the DLCs.
Wow this gets far worse than I had expected. All this work so I can play in English... thx Eidos. I am not even sure if
I will buy this game on release. I loved the predecessors, but I don't want to play this game in German, and I'm not
sure if I want to go through all this hassle... I have passed on Call of Duty because of this, too. A few minutes ago I
watched the German trailer again: It's not terrible, but in my opinion, it's not very good, too. The translation is a
little bit too formal, and the voices don't always have the fitting tone compared to the english version. This changes
the characters a lot, and for someone who played the first two parts, it somehow ruins the atmosphere.

KingNL
5th Aug 2011, 14:09
If you live near the border with NL, you can just get it here we don't have any Dutch stuff in it

Kivan
5th Aug 2011, 14:11
That way I can't get all the trophies with my main account and I have to buy a UK PSN card to pay for the DLCs.

All DLC on the system can be used by all accounts regardless of the region store the DLC was downloaded from. You can download the content on one account and play the game with the DLC and still get the games trophies on your main account. Having to get a UK card is indeed a hassle although I've brought plenty of games from the UK and been able to redeem DLC for it from the AUS PSN network without having to get a UK card, I don't know if it's the same for UK - Germany, given that they are both PAL regions I would assume so but I can't say with 100% certainty.

Piflik
5th Aug 2011, 14:53
That way I can't get all the trophies with my main account

Of course you can get the Trophies. You use the second account for download and install only. Play it on your main account.

Oh...and **** Trophies...pointless e-peen...

Gemuesepizza
25th Aug 2011, 20:39
Today I received an email with a code for the "explosive mission pack" from my German PS3 preorder pack which I bought at my local retail store. I activated it and it is listed as "DXHR: Explosive Mission Pack (Europe)" in the "Game Data Utility" menu on my PS3. Hopefully this will work with my UK PS3 version of the game (I think it will, the name indicates this), because I won't buy the German version. I will post results here when I receive my game.