PDA

View Full Version : On Hard

knockers
26th Jul 2011, 00:39
There is nothing fun about this game on hard. i usually always pick hard when i play a game because i enjoy the challenge. I don't want to finish the game in a couple hours. i expect to die a hell of a lot.

Usually, games are fun even on the hardest setting. This game is just a joke. its not fun, spamming evade, counter...etc... is not fun... it took me a dozen or so times to beat the titan henchman. i finally beat him and the game froze. amateur stuff. so another dozen or so go's later, i can't beat him again. because even the basic henchman can punch you in the back and you lose a third of your life. i usually enjoy this game, until it comes to combat in large numbers.

what do you think ?

any tips on combat in large numbers. maybe this style of game is just not me... spamming buttons blows.

EDIT: nevermind, after my rant...i got it very next go, guess i needed a break... not looking forward to further henchmen battles

butterskenny
26th Jul 2011, 02:14
Stop spamming buttons is my only advice

knockers
26th Jul 2011, 02:52
Stop spamming buttons is my only advice

yeah yeah yeah, i know... i friggin suck at combo games :mad2:

im getting better :D

Joseph Kerstein
26th Jul 2011, 06:17
Yeah, definitely stop spamming the same counter/attack stuff. You need to mix it up. Use the batclaw, stun, evade (X if you're on PS3 or A if you're on 360) along with the attack and counter. Don't forget to occasionally throw a henchman into the group, while following it up with a quick batarang throw. Combat is NOT hard in this game once you get the hang of getting high combos as well as mixing it up.

Batman dominates the thugs hand-to-hand, even when there are TWO titans on screen. I LOVE combat in bigger numbers. The bigger, the better and more fun it is for me. That's why I'm looking forward to combat in Arkham City; the number of thugs has been increased, as has the amount of guys that can attack at once, but to add to Bat's fighting skills you can counter up to three people at any given moment, counter thrown objects, and all sorts of new things. I'm stoked for combat!

Okay, but off-topic stuff aside, I really don't find combat THAT challenging in this game. Don't do ground take-downs or batclaw stuff if there are any thugs nearby you that'll sock you in the face. Until enough are stunned/on the ground, focus more on KO'ing a few, and learn crowd control. Between the stun, evade, combo takedown, throw, batclaw and batarangs, Batman is a master at crowd control. Hope this stuff helps.

Edit: Oh, as for Titan thugs, when you hear them roar and charge up for a mad dash, just quick throw a batarang at their face and dive out of the way, then run up to them and give 'em a few quick punches until Batman hops up on their back... Enjoy the show.

knockers
26th Jul 2011, 06:31
Yeah, definitely stop spamming the same counter/attack stuff. You need to mix it up. Use the batclaw, stun, evade (X if you're on PS3 or A if you're on 360) along with the attack and counter. Don't forget to occasionally throw a henchman into the group, while following it up with a quick batarang throw. Combat is NOT hard in this game once you get the hang of getting high combos as well as mixing it up.

Batman dominates the thugs hand-to-hand, even when there are TWO titans on screen. I LOVE combat in bigger numbers. The bigger, the better and more fun it is for me. That's why I'm looking forward to combat in Arkham City; the number of thugs has been increased, as has the amount of guys that can attack at once, but to add to Bat's fighting skills you can counter up to three people at any given moment, counter thrown objects, and all sorts of new things. I'm stoked for combat!

Okay, but off-topic stuff aside, I really don't find combat THAT challenging in this game. Don't do ground take-downs or batclaw stuff if there are any thugs nearby you that'll sock you in the face. Until enough are stunned/on the ground, focus more on KO'ing a few, and learn crowd control. Between the stun, evade, combo takedown, throw, batclaw and batarangs, Batman is a master at crowd control. Hope this stuff helps.

Edit: Oh, as for Titan thugs, when you hear them roar and charge up for a mad dash, just quick throw a batarang at their face and dive out of the way, then run up to them and give 'em a few quick punches until Batman hops up on their back... Enjoy the show.

hey ! thanks for the tips... i managed to finish it just before :)

the titans themselves were easy, it was thugs i struggled with. i have no problems linking a few moves together, but i always forget to counter and end up taking hits, busting my combo.... or i get surrounded and try fight my way out instead of evading.

I eventually learned to not use the ground take down as it leaves you vulnerable when theres a group around, but i did figure out a super cheap way of taking a few guys out though, use the claw multiple times, so most of the henchmen are down, then ground take down one or two and repeat... pretty lame though.

now for the challenges... *sigh

Nemesis296
26th Jul 2011, 12:03
hey ! thanks for the tips... i managed to finish it just before :)

the titans themselves were easy, it was thugs i struggled with. i have no problems linking a few moves together, but i always forget to counter and end up taking hits, busting my combo.... or i get surrounded and try fight my way out instead of evading.

I eventually learned to not use the ground take down as it leaves you vulnerable when theres a group around, but i did figure out a super cheap way of taking a few guys out though, use the claw multiple times, so most of the henchmen are down, then ground take down one or two and repeat... pretty lame though.

now for the challenges... *sigh

The trick is to take out the enemies in ONE long combo...that is what makes it challenging and fun. You have to mix it up in order to do this, as the combo will end if you use the batclaw or batarang two times in a row or evade twice in a row (rolling, not vaulting). As for the titan, did you know that you can hit him with the batarang when he charges and then jump on his back to hit the other henchmen that you are fighting?

Just remember this: the Freeflow Combat systemis simple to learn, but incredibly difficult to master. If you're having trouble countering attacks, I suggest playing on a lower difficulty so you get the lightning to appear right before you need to counter. You can then learn to watch for the attacks and counter at the right moment. In my opinion, forcing you to watch when to block made the game a lot more fun; I'm surprised to hear that you didn't find it so thrilling. Hopefully this helps!

knockers
27th Jul 2011, 07:54
The trick is to take out the enemies in ONE long combo...that is what makes it challenging and fun. You have to mix it up in order to do this, as the combo will end if you use the batclaw or batarang two times in a row or evade twice in a row (rolling, not vaulting). As for the titan, did you know that you can hit him with the batarang when he charges and then jump on his back to hit the other henchmen that you are fighting?

Just remember this: the Freeflow Combat systemis simple to learn, but incredibly difficult to master. If you're having trouble countering attacks, I suggest playing on a lower difficulty so you get the lightning to appear right before you need to counter. You can then learn to watch for the attacks and counter at the right moment. In my opinion, forcing you to watch when to block made the game a lot more fun; I'm surprised to hear that you didn't find it so thrilling. Hopefully this helps!

i actually managed to get through the game without dropping the difficulty. I've been working on the challenges now. and yes i knew you could jump on their back... trying to defeat them without the batarang is a nightmare. but i want that trophy.

i have so much more skill after playing the challenges !! the blues lines above their head are great ! make it so much easier to get the hang of it.