PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Square Enix emails

member_10829610
19th Aug 2012, 19:28
Does SE send email messages as spam now? I usually don't check my spam folder as it is littered with mess.

member_10076961
19th Aug 2012, 20:11
not that I know of, I've gotten things, not too recent though

member_10829610
19th Aug 2012, 20:53
It was Gmail. It kept sending my messages to my spam folder, so I created a filter and it should be fine now.

Grimoire
20th Aug 2012, 04:16
I have a Gmail account, but the messages Square Enix sends me are always delivered to my inbox.

...Although, I never receive any spam at all.*

member_10431609
6th Sep 2012, 22:35
I got an email from Square Enix EU asking me to confirm my email address. Is there some new scam going on right now? It's highly suspicious since there's no squeenix seal or anything.

Grimoire
7th Sep 2012, 05:33
I have not received such any such*email myself, and I have a European account for my European games. I would recommend you to simply ignore it. What is the sender's address?

raiken51
7th Sep 2012, 17:32
I got the same email. The address is "noreply@member.eu.square-enix.com".

Grimoire
8th Sep 2012, 13:25
noreply<wbr>@member.eu.square-enix.com</wbr> (mailto:noreply@member.eu.square-enix.com)
That's strange...it should be the right address. I guess it's safe to trust it then.

member_10061111
10th Sep 2012, 09:23
I hope this is the correct location to post.

I had to log in to my account today, and I received an email to confirm my account. Why do I have to do this? I logged into my account so why do I have to confirm?
The email is from Square Enix Membership(noreply@member.eu.square-enix.com (mailto:noreply@member.eu.square-enix.com))

Why does it say eu? This seems fishy.

Grimoire
10th Sep 2012, 09:31
I would like to remind you that there is a search function in the upper right corner of this page. It can't be overused.

You may continue your discussion in the following thread:

[Suspicious email]
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349/29367333/Suspicious_email)

Grimoire
10th Sep 2012, 09:32
I believe this is a common problem.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (/go/thread/view/139347/29372813/Email_to_confirm_my_account?sdb=1&pg=last#523990729)

I hope this is the correct location to post.

I had to log in to my account today, and I received an email to confirm my account. Why do I have to do this? I logged into my account so why do I have to confirm?*
The email is from Square Enix Membership([email="noreply@member.eu.square-enix.com"]noreply@member.eu.square-enix.com (mailto:noreply@member.eu.square-enix.com))

Why does it say eu? This seems fishy.

Grimoire
10th Sep 2012, 11:01
"So, there has been no reply from Square Enix?"

Now there has. You can always count on SEM EU's Bateman.

Ben Bateman ([/url]eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/square-enix-w... (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/square-enix-weekly-recap-15)):

"Always register the problem with Customer Service, just so it's logged in the system. * Confirm your email address - This is likely to be real, but the fact that it looks like a scam is obviously concerning. Does it contain the person's username or real name in the main body of text? Can someone forward this email to [url="mailto:secommunity@square-enix.com"]secommunity@square-enix.com (mailto:secommunity@square-enix.com) and I will investigate it and see if we can improve the format of the email."

(Follow Bateman's instructions. Also, I will forward any information regarding this matter you may have to him.)

member_10080092
15th Sep 2012, 05:33
anybody get a answer to this. Me to i just got an email telling me the same thing??

to confirm my account

this is all it say on the email sent to me?????

Welcome <insert email address here>

You can confirm your account through the link below:

Confirm my account (http://membership.square-enix.com/users/confirmation?confirmation_token=3sfY2Dh1XwQfzmaysZsE)

Grimoire
15th Sep 2012, 06:23
Have you forwarded it to [/url][url="mailto:secommunity@square-enix.com"]secommunity@square-enix.com (mailto:secommunity@square-enix.com)?

Automaton
18th Sep 2012, 20:23
Kind of an important question that I want to get out of the way just in case this turns out to be malignant. Also, long time no see, members!

I just got an email from a noreply@member.eu (mailto:noreply@member.eu) ("Square Enix Membership"*labled as the sender) asking me to confirm my e-mail address, sent roughly (and coincidentally!) around the time I signed in just now. There's no official company email letterhead or anything, just the following text.

---
Welcome [my email address]!

You can confirm your account through the link below.

[Link reads: Confirm my account].
---

I've parted it as a spam email for now so i don't accidentally click it on the top of my inbox. This... doesn't seem any kind of right to me. Can anyone confirm about this? Thanks!

Fighting for heroes,
Oricon*

Grimoire
19th Sep 2012, 02:32
I would recommend you to use the search function before posting a thread like this one.

[Suspicious email]

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349/29367333/Suspicious_email)

The email was sent from [SQUARE ENIX Europe].

Automaton
19th Sep 2012, 10:22
Ah, then I guess my small screen didn't show the entire e-mail address. Working off of a netbook sucks.

I found the other thread, so apologies for my redundancy. feel free to get someone to nix the topic here if you like.

Grimoire
19th Sep 2012, 10:34
There might be more users with the same question as you, and since an official explanation has not been provided by the NA team, it doesn't hurt to have a thread like this here in the*[Customer Service Support Issues]*forum too.

JakobWatson
28th Aug 2013, 04:23
I have received an email from webhelp.v4@digitalriver.com

it sent me an email with my new key and what not saying I needed to update since I was playing on the pre-release.
what do emails from s-e show as?

Harter
2nd Nov 2013, 10:25
Square Enix Account <autoinfo_eu@account.square-enix.com>
Betreff:Square Enix Account Ownership
Empfangen:11/1/2013 9:41:10 PM
Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Square Enix Account(s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Square Enix Account's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account.html

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Thanks! --Square Enix Account

is that a pishing mail or a original mail from suare enix?

Grimoire
2nd Nov 2013, 11:25
I'll look into it. In the meantime, contact customer service (https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5383&la=2).

Grimoire
4th Nov 2013, 20:10
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn – beware ‘fake’ emails (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/ffxiv-realm-reborn-%E2%80%93-beware-%E2%80%98fake%E2%80%99-emails)

It’s come to our attention that some Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn players are receiving emails claiming to be from Square Enix, warning that your Square Enix account may be suspended if you sell it on to another person – and that you should verify ownership by following a link.

To clarify, selling accounts does indeed contravene the EULA that you will have accepted before playing the game; but in this case the email (printed in full below) is not genuine, and players should NOT follow the link it suggests.

The text of the email (minus the fake link) is reprinted below – please pass this onto anybody you know who is playing FFXIV, and if you are concerned about your account security or have any questions, please contact official Customer Support (Europe / North America).

“Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Square Enix Account(s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Square Enix Account's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with: [LINK DELETED]

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team

Thanks! --Square Enix Account”

Undying_Zombie
5th Nov 2013, 06:59
I got a similar one, and I do not play any of the online games. Bought the PC version of Final Fantasy 7 yesterday. The email came in 3:26 pm today. I removed the links just in-case but regardless.. the links to not look right, and I can access my account just fine despite what it says.

Square Enix Account Management System
*Link removed*
-------------------------------------------------------

Dear Valued Square Enix Customer,

Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account.

In order to regain access to your account, please do the following:
1. Refer to the FAQ below to ensure your account is secure
*Link removed*

2. Use the URL provided below to reset your password
*Link removed*

*If you cannot access a URL provided above by clicking the link, please try copy and pasting the URL directly into the address bar of your web browser.
*The password reset URL provided above will expire after one week from the date of the email or once the password has been reset successfully.

For more information about the login restriction, please refer to the following page:
*Link removed*

For inquiries regarding products and services, please visit the Square Enix Support Center.

*Link removed*

Grimoire
14th Nov 2013, 12:58
Your post has been moved to FFXIV: Concerning Fees and Payments (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=812), yotambc.