PDA

View Full Version : black gold mission

damdatdim
14th Jul 2011, 14:26
IT"S IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO FINISH THIS MISSION! =( I blew up one of the tanks earlier on. It's already blown up but it says I need to blow it up. What do I do? :scratch:

Frag Maniac
14th Jul 2011, 18:22
Oil rigs can be tricky, even after I knew where all the tanks were, it still took time for me to find some now and then on rigs I destroyed after the Black Gold one.

I went to using a system of hijacking a police boat, setting up 200m away from the rig, and checking out each 4 sides of it one by one while manning the fixed gun at the front of the boat.

That way it's nearly impossible to miss any tanks unless you're doing it in the dark of night. I'm not sure what you mean by the tank saying you need to blow it up. They either highlight in your crosshairs if not fully damaged, or they appear as burning wreckage. Pretty simple really.

cazzer
14th Jul 2011, 18:46
Oil rigs can be tricky, even after I knew where all the tanks were, it still took time for me to find some now and then on rigs I destroyed after the Black Gold one.

I went to using a system of hijacking a police boat, setting up 200m away from the rig, and checking out each 4 sides of it one by one while manning the fixed gun at the front of the boat.

That way it's nearly impossible to miss any tanks unless you're doing it in the dark of night. I'm not sure what you mean by the tank saying you need to blow it up. They either highlight in your crosshairs if not fully damaged, or they appear as burning wreckage. Pretty simple really.

This.

Oh and also following on from what was said if you can annoy the government enough to send in a helicopter, nick that, have a scan around the bass.
BUT, what has happened to me is that there has generally been a glitch in the system, which has meant that it's impossible to finish it, restart the mission.

damdatdim
17th Jul 2011, 19:53
This.

Oh and also following on from what was said if you can annoy the government enough to send in a helicopter, nick that, have a scan around the bass.
BUT, what has happened to me is that there has generally been a glitch in the system, which has meant that it's impossible to finish it, restart the mission.

ah... sad ;( what yu mean with ''restart the mission'' i did it many times but the oil rig is all exploded and there still typed ''destroy the offshore rig''

damdatdim
17th Jul 2011, 19:59

dude, i mean i have destroyed whole the oil rig in start of the game, then i got the mission ''black gold'' that says ''destroy the offshore rig'' but i have allready destroyed it but the mission still says ''destroy the offshore rig'' ;( is it a bug in the main game or what ?

Frag Maniac
17th Jul 2011, 20:30
dude, i mean i have destroyed whole the oil rig in start of the game, then i got the mission ''black gold'' that says ''destroy the offshore rig'' but i have allready destroyed it but the mission still says ''destroy the offshore rig'' ;( is it a bug in the main game or what ?I assume you're aware that there's more to completing that mission than just destroying it? There's some crates to pick up too.

And given that you are virtually the only one implying you've completing it without it registering as completed, whilst no one else has complained of such a problem, I have to think you've overlooked something.

It's not normal procedure to go around destroying things first, then do the missions, but I would think the game would detect if it's moot to display the mission icon.

If not you'll just have to deal with it and chalk it up to your having used atypical methods. A lot of people are saying it's impossible to get 100% completion anyway. The only way I see it as a big problem is if it were to prevent other missions, esp agency missions from appearing, and thus become a game stopper.

ChiroVette
25th Aug 2011, 00:19
Frag Maniac, lots of people do all the "side activities" in sandbox games before even starting the main career missions. It is quite common.

Damdatdim, is the rig 100% complete with check marks? Because Frag Maniac is correct about collecting all the crates which will count toward passing Black Gold. Also, don't try doing this mission with the Leopard plane because it is too inaccurate if you have very little to blow up. What I would do is take the mission and ignore the Leopard and grab yourself a gun ship from the same airport on a nearby helipad. I could be mistaken, but I believe that if you circle the rig from a distance and just keep shooting rockets and the chain gun at destructible items and Elite Guards, that this will also count toward the "percentage" that you are asked to destroy. Hopefully you still have some resource items (Armor, Cash Stash, Vehicle Parts, and Weapon Parts) because, as Frag says, they absolutely do count for that mission as does ANY other chaos items you may have missed, well that is, of course, unless you already have 100% of that rig with the little green check mark.