PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Game Freezes for 2 seconds every so often

Judaius
20th Apr 2014, 21:40
Doesn't matter what setting it's on, running in borderless windowed mode (cause I'm streaming), pc specs below

http://www.twitch.tv/judaius/b/521617492
51:12 is what it's doing, did it a bunch in that match.

Case: CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply: Corsair HX750
Motherboard: Asus Rog Maximus VI Gene
Processor: Intel i7 3.5Ghz 4770k Quad Core
Water Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet Liquid CPU Cooler
Graphics Card(x1): EVGA GeForce GTX 760 (2GB)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB
SSD: Samsung 840 Series 250GB
HD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Optical Drive: Samsung Internal 24x DVD Writer
Card Reader: Vantec

lucinvampire
20th Apr 2014, 22:29
Had this myself a few times today - it's never happened before

cmstache
21st Apr 2014, 01:38
This is a bug that's been around since early Alpha. It's gotten more sporadic, which is good, but it's still not completely fixed. It is server-side or dev-side. Not hardware, unless it's limited to specific hardware. But, most people have seen it before at some point, and just dismiss it as GPU or CPU lag for a sec, which makes me think server-side.

lucinvampire
22nd Apr 2014, 10:15
This is a bug that's been around since early Alpha. It's gotten more sporadic, which is good, but it's still not completely fixed. It is server-side or dev-side. Not hardware, unless it's limited to specific hardware. But, most people have seen it before at some point, and just dismiss it as GPU or CPU lag for a sec, which makes me think server-side.

Ah then that’s good to know...kinda :p :D

Carrying on from me saying about the freezes ealier – sorry was unable to post much at the weekend – but...

First of all I had a couple of freezes – the game would freeze for a couple of seconds – then start again. (I warned the team I thought I was crashing) – then my laptop decided to kick me back to the desktop screen.

Once I clicked on the open Nosgoth game in the task bar it loaded me back into the match (this happened about 3 times during the same match). The game seemed to drop FPS (I think) or something chronic went weird – I’m talking it was skipping all over the place – the graphics were jumping – the sound became really distorted – static crackly and broken up.

The laptop then threw me out again and again and then finally I got the nice “Nosgoth has stopped working” box appear and I was completely booted out.

I’m wondering if this was caused by the freezing issue or with the computer or the internet or a mixture of both. This only happened in one match/game. But it was the first time I’d ever played on someone else’s internet connection – and the night before it was behaving a little abnormal.

Anyway - just thought I'd share.

Shadowgale
26th Jun 2014, 16:44
Yeah, when I start a match its the usual 1 minute-2 minute wait, then after a while, around mid game, I might start lagging a lot then while lagging, character models freeze. All of this happening while having a ping of 70-80. I was wondering if anybody could offer some help to me.

Shadowgale
27th Jun 2014, 00:25
So it seems to have gotten worse enough to the point where I cant complete a single match. I just tried using CC Cleaner and lowering my graphics settings to medium, neither worked.

KaiserEMP
30th Jun 2014, 16:39
Has anyone else encountered freezing in this game?

The freeze I encounter is usually 1-3 seconds long. Game freezes and then usually I'm a bit further away when the freeze started?

I really wasnt counting but maybe 2-4 freezes usually on 20min match.

thx in advance.

Sanguise23
30th Jun 2014, 17:55
sometimes this happens to me but im not sure what causes it

FireWorks_
30th Jun 2014, 18:25
I get them too. Maybe once a day, but can be up to 3 in the affected match.

RainaAudron
30th Jun 2014, 20:50
I had a few of these happen and it wasn't only me in that game - seems like a temporary server issue to me...

FireWorks_
30th Jun 2014, 21:17
Odd that it completely freezes the client, but possible.

CdXXtheFeared
1st Jul 2014, 03:43
game is almost unplayable at points ..
I have 20 ping to the NA East server and its definitely a server issue on Nosgoths side .
Ive had the freeze happen roughly 18 times in one match its really strange restarting my client seemed to stop it happening as frequently.
Possibly a memory leak that causes it idk

m0usey929
14th Aug 2014, 23:01
My game runs smoothly with no fps lag but the game randomly freezes for a good 3 seconds or so.

danielos2344
23rd Aug 2014, 14:00
Welcome. During the game appears to me a black screen and the game freezes for a few seconds and then everything is back to normal too for a few seconds. Thus, all the time. My computer specifications: AMD Phenom (tm) 2 X6 1045T, Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, 8GB Ram, Win7 32bit

Nemesis777
31st Aug 2014, 11:19
Anyone tried altering maximum pre-rendered frames value to 1, or 2? Setting this to 0 in the new drivers will change it to default (3 or more), so it's pointless. I'd like to know if this setting fixed some of the lagging/freezing issues or made it worse.

Voxyld
31st Aug 2014, 17:31
I had this bug since several updates ago, it's still doing it to that day. I always knew it was not my computer, with my specs that sort of thing should not be possible with only Nosgoth running.

malgaa
19th Oct 2014, 14:09
I've been having lag issues while playing Nosgoth for the last 5-6 weeks.

What happens is I have slightly higher ping than I used to (from around 60 up to 80) and I also have packet loss or something similar and this is the annoying part: many of my hits don't register, sometimes I also warp around briefly and several times I get the "Network Issues" banner and get a micro-freeze for a few seconds.

Things I've tried to fix this:
-Try on different computer.
-Try connecting with and without switch.
-Reconfiguring my router's settings (firewall, disabling Wi-Fi...).
-Formatting my computer.
-Playing with no other devices connected to my network.

I just experience this problem while playing Nosgoth, I tried many other games and have no problems at all.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

malgaa
20th Oct 2014, 13:08
I don't know why my post got moved into this thread. It's not the same problem at all.

AizenYPB
26th Oct 2014, 20:21
Guys I'm starting to get tired of the game freezing completely in the second half - it happens randomly and almost every game. It's quite unplayable and has been happening since the last update.

Can you please advise how to get this resolved?

I've got the latest updates, 16GB of RAM, i7 8 core processor and AM Radeon 7850 Grfx card. Please help. The same thing is happening to my friend for no reason.

I've lost countles XP and gold

war_mouth
26th Oct 2014, 20:26
Aizen this issue has been documented in two threads that I know of and have posted in. Thanks for bringing to light your own experiences. Do you notice anything in particular that happens right before the freeze? Is it always late in the 2nd round? Does it come only on humans or vampires as well? There's a post somewhere with instructions on how to email your game logs to the devs, but its most helpful if you also include your server name (exp: NAm 309105) - server name can be found by pressing tab while you're frozen - server info will be at the top right. Have you noticed that your banner is gone or not showing by chance?

I can't even get into a server right now, so I've no way of knowing if I will still suffer the crash/freeze bug. I get frozen lobby if anyone types in chat while the drums are counting down - if someone types the lobby freezes and I have to rejoin. Been crashing like this since the last hotfix - meaning the booster that I paid for has not been granting me boosts. Frustrating I know...

AizenYPB
26th Oct 2014, 21:41
Hi thanks for your reply.

It happens randomly, sometimes a few seconds in sometimes minutes in, just happened again 3 seconds before the game ended so all XP lost - and I had played well for once lol. Makes no difference if I'm human or vampire, it just happens. I can still access the menus, just the game is frozen.

Server is EU 303013

Yeah I tried to find the email for the logs but couldn't :-(

reavusgarrett
27th Oct 2014, 11:39
I'm just giving feedback on a bug that's keeps happening where mid way in a match everything suddenly freezes movement wise, animations such as fire still play and i can access the menu to leave, but it's prevented me finishing matches as the only thing i can do at that point is quit.

and i've realised i should of posted this under technical support rather than feedback . ><

reavusgarrett
27th Oct 2014, 14:17
yeah i've been having the same issue and it's pretty tiring and off putting, it freezes but the animations still play and the only thing I can do is go into the menu and quit

RoflBalast
27th Oct 2014, 15:26
Do you press in-game voice button, by accident while typing? (it's "g" by default so you might press it while saying words with "g"). It appears that when you press it you will start "timed lagspike". I stoped using in-game voice chat and bound it to "]", solved all my problems.

lucinvampire
4th Nov 2014, 13:09
I've noticed when I played yesterday 3rd Nov - that the game has begun to freeze every so often again for like a couple of seconds, usually in the first round within the first minute or so. It used to do it ages ago - seemed to improve and now has returned since this patch. It seems to do it once in a match - then is fine for the rest of it - no lag or freezing at all.

cmstache
4th Nov 2014, 15:11
That's interesting. It never stopped doing that for me. I assumed it just never got fixed.

GenFeelGood
17th Dec 2014, 03:20
I have been experiencing freezes during matches, it only interferes with me when it happens because I am usually killed by the time it is over; but it continues progressing me in whatever I am doing before the freeze, because I always jump forward in the direction I was moving when the freeze started. I know I am not the only player experiencing this and it is occurring at least once per round, in almost every match.