PDA

View Full Version : **NEW** Blood Omnicide Video

essex1990
29th Jun 2011, 06:16
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://expo2011.quakewiki.net/detail-view.php%3Fid%3D115&usg=ALkJrhjyacPjZFf7mGtQtXLWFrJI6wlVtA

wow this is gonna be so epic!

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
29th Jun 2011, 08:17
Wow, good find. I would love to play this!

The_Hylden
29th Jun 2011, 11:33
That's utterly fantastic!

essex1990
30th Jun 2011, 01:05
Yea i know right! the amazing thing is though that the patch just changes the way its rendered (the website even shows improved quality FMVs!)

The wonders of technology today means that fans can do make games and remakes and such. Which is amazing, we wanted a remake of BO and fans have delivered where the official developers haven't wanted to do it.

The_Hylden
30th Jun 2011, 02:20
Yeah, too bad I have no idea how to get it to work. I haven't played my PC version of BO1 in like 8 years. Do you need to do all of that comparability stuff first, like slowing the processor, and such still? I also can't tell if it's patched, or not. I tried that Dark Places.exe, but it opens saying it can't find the console... I wish this came with a readme file that explained it, but I don't see one that does.

essex1990
30th Jun 2011, 03:07
Yeah, too bad I have no idea how to get it to work. I haven't played my PC version of BO1 in like 8 years. Do you need to do all of that comparability stuff first, like slowing the processor, and such still? I also can't tell if it's patched, or not. I tried that Dark Places.exe, but it opens saying it can't find the console... I wish this came with a readme file that explained it, but I don't see one that does.

Use the CubanRaul (there is a 2.0) patch now which means no need to mess around with CPU grabber and that. After u done that use the BIK video patch and there you go you now have a fully working copy of BO1 on PC :)

It really is that easy :) You may have to go on properties and set compatibility to windows 95, 256 colors and run in 640x480

thats all i did and it worked :)

The_Hylden
1st Jul 2011, 02:26
Thanks, man. I got not only it to work, but the demo now.

I have some thoughts on the demo. First: it's amazing! :D lol. So great to see this and experience it, really. The world wrapping around you, the fluidity of items as they pop up, with antialiasing maxed out, it's just grand and it's hard to go back to the innate version of BO1. I love the footsteps, the shadows that gradually lengthen as the sun sets ... my goodness!

I want to put these thoughts, while I have them, on improvements to be made with the absolute understanding that I fully love this and I fully support this, wholeheartedly.

1, inside of the tavern, the light is really dim on both Kain and the Tavern Owner. I think the cut-ff of the light is too much, in general. More warmth and spread out light would be great, but I do appreciate the mood lighting you're going for. I think it's probably just the demo and you're going to fix this mostly by warning the light on the characters, themselves. That reflected light would go a long way to making it work.

3, the trees are looking like they are covered in snow, lol, but I think it's just that they are only partially textured and the rest is their polygon model showing through. I don't even want to think how time-consuming it is to render a 3D tree's branches and make the spaces between them translucent, so I am sure you guys are spending way more time than we can even know making them great, but in the demo, it's odd looking at them like that, lol. Also, making the top portion slightly translucent when they roll over Kain as he passes by would do a lot to making things run more smooth. The trees covered Kain and his foe up for me a couple of times, making it impossible to know if he was being hit, or not, until it was too late.

5, I love the chained humans and the blood Kain drinks. They look so great, the somewhat digital look of Kain and the other models is even more noticeable than it would be.

6, the river near Nachtholm will be fantastic with waves moving. I hear the sound of the water running, but the river is just a blue swatch right now. Edit: the spells sort of worked the second play through, so magic light is working ... and it one of the most awesome effects I've ever seen. Really, you have to see it to believe it! :D Batform stuck and crashed progress, but I am sure that's due to not having a finished form of it and the world to warp to.

I don't know if this is the best place to give this critique, or if it should be to their site, directly, but I just want to help making this all it can be :)

Edit: took out some things that were erroneous. I re-watched the regular game's intro and this and that are the exact same, only this is better without the scan lines and in better definition, so ignore my complaint about it sounding faster here.

Oh, the inclusion of the first person view is great, but maybe without it being an overlay and in true fp movement abilities when it's done. Right now, it can be confusing and distracting with the other view in the background.

I really can't wait until the entire game is done :D

OugaBooga1
31st Aug 2011, 11:39
just grabed the demo & can't wait, played the alpha a while back but forgot about this after my HDD died.
Glad to be reminded about the game again.
Funny how fans are making this happen & eidos wants to stay silent.
I say if eidos doesn't want to do something with LoK then let go to some1 that will.
i am tired of asking & hearing others asking "when" & "we want", just sell the IP & go make TR 12,13,14...etc

Ber
3rd Sep 2011, 23:08
Hi there!!!

I'm really looking forward to play this demo but... I have a couple of questions;

I already installed BO in my PC with the bink fixes using CubanRaul's installer.

If I install Blood Omnicide demo, will it overwrite some or all the original Blood Omen files? or change them???

Will I be able to play the classic Blood Omen after I install Omnicide?

I hope the ones that already tried the demo can help me with this

thank you and regards! :)

essex1990
10th Sep 2011, 16:20
just install it to a different directory and it should be fine.

essex1990
9th Oct 2011, 18:24
http://youtu.be/METuciFfBKQ

More new videos!

http://youtu.be/KSefoGPFZrs

http://youtu.be/nUHJzmpXVX4

work appears to have speed up immensely in the last month or so. Keep it up Blood Omnicide team!

The_Hylden
10th Oct 2011, 04:56
Wow, that's looking epic :) Keep it up, indeed!

Nessdark
10th Oct 2011, 11:43
"Being a legal modification, Blood Omnicide provides a patch that will port original game to new rendering pipeline"

Now THAT's epic. :P

ReaverofCupcakes
11th Oct 2011, 16:24
WOW. Just WOW. It looks amazing, truly triple-A work. And what's more, it's not even finished yet. Oh my beating heart be still. :worship: :worship: :worship:

The_Hylden
12th Oct 2011, 08:05
ReaverofCupcakes, could you not keep thine heart still? Is that why we're covered in blood here now? :lol:

ReaverofCupcakes
12th Oct 2011, 09:29
Quite possibly so, Hylden. Quite possibly so. :D

Ber
12th Oct 2011, 20:45
Have you seen the Kain HD remasterization for the project? One word: WICKED!

FearGhoul
13th Oct 2011, 00:42
I sure wish I had a copy of Blood Omen for PC now.

Reidbynature
16th Oct 2011, 20:30
That looks amazing. I can't begin to fathom the amount of work that goes into a fan project like that.

I also love the revamping of the in game art for Kain. I can't wait to see what his other armours end up looking like.

Ber
18th Oct 2011, 19:54
The Wraith Armour remake has been released!

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/287/2/4/blood_omen__wraith_armour_by_adam_brown-d4csitn.png

The_Hylden
18th Oct 2011, 20:38
What's great about these is that the artist is taking into consideration to keep the original intent and presentation of Kain intact as much as possible. Great stuff :)

diuqSehT
21st Oct 2011, 01:23
Let us pray they Hylden King never sees these artists' work for it reveals Kain's weakness to be the exposed gut stab him in the gut and history will abhor the cleanup

Nessdark
21st Oct 2011, 13:06
Nah. Stab him in the gut and *"The Heart of Darkness!"*

The_Hylden
22nd Oct 2011, 03:06
Let us pray they Hylden King never sees these artists' work for it reveals Kain's weakness to be the exposed gut stab him in the gut and history will abhor the cleanup

The exposed gut of chainmail? :p

Nah. Stab him in the gut and *"The Heart of Darkness!"*

Hyldens don't have hearts ... of darkness :D

essex1990
24th Oct 2011, 00:02
The exposed gut of chainmail? :p

Hyldens don't have hearts ... of darkness :D

what he meant was - stab him in the gut and he dies, kain then declares 'the heart of darkness' and is revived again. In BO1 you can collect heart of darkness relics to revive kain when he dies.

The_Hylden
24th Oct 2011, 02:02
I know all about the heart of darkness and its properties, have played BO1 also like twenty times through. That's not what he's talking about. He's looking at the design of Kain's armor and sees the chain mail gut area as "exposed" compared to the iron plate armor on his chest and shoulders, etc.

Edit: Oh, you meant my retort to Nessdark. I was joking. I know he was talking about Kain being resurrected by the HoD. I just felt like adding that :p

essex1990
24th Oct 2011, 23:31
The whole 'heart of darkness' thing was so annoying you would be ressurrected and 'HEART OF DARKNESS!' - get hit by a fireball or something before you can remove kain, scream 'HEART OF DARKNESS!' Argh im stuck in this flipping loop!!!!

Ber
27th Jan 2012, 13:00
Me again fellow LoK fans!

More screenshots of BOmnicide have been released, including the main menu and the inventory menu!!! amazing stuff, I pray for them to finish this one, dso far the best fan project IMO. :)

Just epic!!! amazing!!!!

Nessdark
27th Jan 2012, 13:01
Sweet! Thank you, Berrr.

The_Hylden
27th Jan 2012, 14:20
Awesome, as always :) I especially am wondering about the third pic, if that's indicative of an added first person camera for Kain (I thought it was a cutscene image at first, but then there's the health bar and stuff at the bottom right) :eek:

All I know is, I sure wish they'd hurry already :D lol, no, I want them to take their time, but man, all this teasing :nut: <-- It's got me going emoticon-happy, haha.

ReaverofCupcakes
27th Jan 2012, 15:06
Currently doing a play-through of BO1. And I'm thinking just how detailed the landscapes are for such early PS1 graphics. Seeing these new screens and considering that the landscapes are already nicely detailed, the finished product will be mind blowing. Man I can't wait for this game to be completed, it's going to be insane! And possibly third person too! GIVE ME THIS GAME! :nut::nut::nut::worship::worship::worship:

FearGhoul
28th Jan 2012, 05:59
It looks like they made Kain's ears pointed.

The_Hylden
28th Jan 2012, 06:03
Kain's ears were already pointed. Look back a page to this post (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1697857&postcount=17) and you'll see a side-by-side comparison. Although, his ears are now perhaps a tad longer/larger.

FearGhoul
29th Jan 2012, 20:36
I've never noticed that for some reason. I guess it must have been because of the lower quality of the image. And looking at the FMV Kain, it looks like his hair covers his ears, so that's why I didn't notice it in those either. I can't believe that I never noticed that.

Balance_Reaver
5th Mar 2012, 09:31
Some great news. Blood Omnicide now supports PS1 version as as installation base (http://omnicide.legacy-of-kain.ru/dev-en/200-the-distinct-chronicles).

They are also working on increasing quality of Blood Omen FMV's - Distinct Chronicles Project (http://omnicide.legacy-of-kain.ru/en/distinctchronicles).

The_Hylden
5th Mar 2012, 09:54
Wow, that refined BO1 FMV is pretty sweet. This project is amazing.

ReaverofCupcakes
6th Mar 2012, 01:02
I second that sentiment, Hylden. :D

OugaBooga1
27th Mar 2012, 00:53
good stuff, just wondering how much longer this will take to finish, there might be a remake finished by SE before that.

Tirinium
27th Mar 2012, 13:58
Awesome, as always :) I especially am wondering about the third pic, if that's indicative of an added first person camera for Kain (I thought it was a cutscene image at first, but then there's the health bar and stuff at the bottom right) :eek:

All I know is, I sure wish they'd hurry already :D lol, no, I want them to take their time, but man, all this teasing :nut: <-- It's got me going emoticon-happy, haha.

First person mode is allready possible in the demo by using the folowing trick ingame: Press Shift+Esc and type: set cg_fps 1

Some more 1st person screens:

The_Hylden
27th Mar 2012, 14:34
First: Wow! Thanks for the info and those pics are pretty darn outrageously gorgeous! :thumb:

Second: Please remember to use the thumb code (http://forums.eidosgames.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#thumb) for pics that break the forum boundaries and are crazy huge. Anything wider than 800 pixels breaks the plane and generally looks bad; not to mention for users with slower connections, this can greatly slow down their browsing experience. Thanks.

Tirinium
28th Mar 2012, 08:44
Yeah sorry thought forum would automaticly compress pictures to a thumb of max size as is usual the case.

The_Hylden
28th Mar 2012, 09:48
Heh, we're not that fancy schmancy 'round these here parts just yet ;)

Reidbynature
28th Mar 2012, 12:28
I really can't wait to see more of Blood Omnicide. It does look like the best fan project to date.

Lord_Aevum
21st Nov 2012, 20:41
After a while of silence, RazorWind Games have released a new Blood Omnicide video, exploring the Energy Bolt dungeon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6lYjHmy14c

I love it all, especially those new vistas of the Pillars - great idea. :)

Strands Of Night
21st Nov 2012, 22:56
Looks great! Except...

Now those pesky knife throwers can throw in 360 degrees, instead of just 8 driections. They hit me enough before, they dont need help lol.

The_Hylden
21st Nov 2012, 23:05
Yes, this is fantastic :)

I love the blood and gore effects. The enemies do appear to be tougher, reacting a heck of a lot faster. I do love the wolf form, jumping down from that to tier in the dungeon. The trees look great, love the sloping pathway, showing depth to the world. Yes, I also love the new shots of the Pillars. I wonder if the change to the health bar and other sections is the final way they're doing it.

FearGhoul
22nd Nov 2012, 06:39
Is it me or did they reduce the occurance of "VAE VICTUS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! VAE VICTUS! HAHAHAHAHAHAAA! VAE VICTUS! VAE VICTUS!"?

Count D
22nd Nov 2012, 11:16
I hope the changes are optional.

ReaverofCupcakes
23rd Nov 2012, 23:57
Wow... Just wow... Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. This looks amazing. I love the detail the put into everything: the way they had the platforms extend out over spikes, the detail of the flays, the energy bolts, and even the gooey sound-effects when the enemies get blown to pieces. These guys have done an excellent job; can't wait for the next footage. :D

Mr.Milky
26th Nov 2012, 14:51
Nicely done! I will play it asap.

Anarcrothe
5th Dec 2012, 08:36
How do i apply this patch? im having alot of problems but love LoK blood omen

Count D
5th Dec 2012, 13:38
It's not released yet.

Dark_Reaver_Girl
7th Jul 2013, 09:20
Aww this mod looks awesome! O.O

I'm playing BO1 on my PSone,but this thing is like a totally new game!
Can't wait to try it out! :D