PDA

View Full Version : Official wishlist for the TR9 development team

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Driber
26th Jun 2011, 18:29
I've seen already so many ideas and wishes (and anti-wishes) here on the forum and elsewhere and I decided to make a dedicated thread for it.

Use this thread to list what you would like to see implemented in TR9. Likewise, if you want something to be not implemented, you may post that here too. Or any other ideas or suggestions.

Every wish will be added to this first post and sorted on the amount of votes, to keep track of which ones are most popular.

Once we've collected a good number of wishes/ideas/suggestions, the most popular ones will be personally delivered to the TR9 development team at Crystal Dynamics by our very own Jason Walker, Mastering Manager at Square Enix.

So your voices will be heard! :)

-------

Now, there are a few rules. In order to keep this list maintainable, you need to post short and sweet wishes, preceded by the red text "My wish:". If you just write long texts about why you want something, there's a big chance I won't have the time to read it and will therefore not be included in the list. You are welcome to explain why you (don't) want something in the new game, but then be sure to start off your post with "My wish: [short description]", instead of lumping everything in together and making me look for what your suggestion is.

Also, before posting, make sure that the thing you are about to wish for isn't already covered in the list in this first post. All entries in this list will receive a number. If your wish is already in the list, then just post the number of the wish to give it your vote. But remember that voting for every single item you like even the slightest will not be a good idea, as then we will just get a whole bunch of items with the same amount of votes, which prevents a few good items from really standing out and getting the attention of the developers. Don't vote for things just because "it's nice to have". Try to limit your votes to a maximum of 5 items you really REALLY like to see the most in TR9.

Furthermore, don't post a wish that has already been posted by someone else recently but isn't added to this first post yet. Wait for it to be added and then cast your vote for the wish instead. I will not be processing duplicate new wishes, as this is way to time consuming for me. You're free to discuss new wishes with each other, though :)

Here are a few examples of good and bad posts.

Good:

My wish: customizable outfits

Bad:

Whenever I play a Tomb Raider game, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah which makes me very blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah so what I would like to see in this game, which promises to be an awesome game, is customizable outfits, because that would be really cool and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I am a fashion designer so I would like to have a choice of what Lara wears in the game and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Good:

My wish: no quicktime events

I don't like QTE because it would spoil blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

good:

My wish: #2 of the list in the first post
My wish: #4 of the list in the first post
My wish: #23 of the list in the first post

---

Finally, please include your forum name, so that I can easily copy&paste it. Write the following at the very top of your post:

Forum name: Driber

(replace "Driber" with your own forum name)
wishlist
---

Here is the list of wishes which we have collected so far from you guys:

http://driber.net/os/eidos/tr9_wishlist_final.html

(If the above iframe containing the wish list does not show up, or is cut off, click here (http://driber.net/os/eidos/tr9_wishlist_final.html).)

UPDATE!

The final wishlist has been compiled and has been sent off to CrystalD.

Here is the letter to CrystalD containing the wishes that made the cut:

tr9wishpoll_final

(If the above iframe containing the letter does not show up, click here (http://driber.net/os/eidos/iframe_wishlist_final_selection.html).)

Great job, everyone :thumb:

BUT...this doesn't mean you guys will have to stop posting wishes/votes, because the dev team is watching this thread for new wishes, so just keep 'em coming and I will continue to update this first post :)

Disclaimer: This "poll" is merely a way to have your voices heard by the developers. If they like your wish they may include it in the game at their discretion, but there is no absolute guaranty that any wish/idea/suggestion posted in this thread will make it in the final game.

Silvermoth
27th Jun 2011, 09:43
My wish I want to be able to play the game without feeling like a pervert

My wish I would love to see how Lara gains her double pistols.

My wish It would be awesome if Amanda Evert could make an appearence or Natla

My wish It would be cool if you could get flashback levels where you play as Lara wondering around Piccadily Circus or something, just to shake things up.

My wish I want a comic book tie in.

Elliot Kane
27th Jun 2011, 10:56
My Wish: PC friendly controls.

That means M/KB - NOT 'please attach controller'.

My Wish: Good graphics for PC.

High definition and/or DX 11 support without having to download massive patches. Should look vastly better than the console versions.

My Wish: To fall in love with Lara all over again.

Guess time will tell on that one :)

QiX
27th Jun 2011, 11:57
Driber's wish #1 and 2: optional icons and QiX's idea of a Grim Fandango inspired hint system, but also optional: there are those who don't want any hint at all.

Not Silvermoth's wish #3: no Doppleganger, no Natla, specially no Amanda Evert. At least not yet.

Yes to Silvermoth's wish #3 and 4: flashbacks are good if they have a meaning in the plot, and yesyesyes to comic books.

Elliot Kane's #1 and 2: PC friendly control system and graphic settings. As for PC controls don't come with XBox or PS controllers. Keyboard and mouse, please. WASD setup with customisable key bindings.

Elliot Kane's #3 I take for granted. I did fall in love over again already.

My #1: Lara and Roth models from Turning Point ported to the game engine. Not like the current game models are not good by now, but in Turning Point they're just so freakin' amazing... Pretty please??

#2: a GPS without database installed as a map system. waypoints and locations marked by Lara on it as she discovers them. Map all empty at the begginning, containg just the island's shore and low def topography.

#3: optional fast travel.

#4: Low real time over game time ratio, maybe adjustable. I don't want one in game day to last one hour.

Driber
27th Jun 2011, 14:13
Wishes added to first post.

Remember guys, you are of course free to add your vote for every single thing you like in the list, but that will not make anything stand out.

We will then end up with a whole bunch of wishes that all have the same amount of votes, which will tell Crystal Dynamic nothing about which wishes are the most desired.

dark7angel
27th Jun 2011, 15:11
My wish: #1 of the list in the first post.

My wish: #7 of the list in the first post - specially if we had Ron Marz and Stjepan Sejic from Top Cow doing the books!!!

My wish: #10 of the list in the first post - but cut the "At least not yet" and make it NEVER!!!!

My wish: #12 of the list in the first post.

My wish: Related with Wish #12, get an actual physical map of the island coming with the game! (Similar to what Rockstar does with GTA)

d1n0_xD
27th Jun 2011, 15:19
First of all, I wanna thank Driber and Jason Walker, this is an awesome idea! Cheers! :D

So, my wishes are:

My wish: Wish#1 and Wish#2 of the list in the first post (Driber's wishes)

My wish: Wish#8 of the list in the first post and NOT wish#9 of the list in the first post (Elliot Kane's wishes)
- I don't think graphics all that matter, they need to focus on the gameplay and the story... However, things do need to be smooth (no patches and stuff like that)

My wish: Wish#12 of the list in the first post (QiX's wish)
- The GPS thingy which improves as Lara discovers new places.

My wish: Wish#15 of the list in the first post - dark7angel's wish related to the GPS - it would be cool to have an actual map ^^

Driber
27th Jun 2011, 15:27
dark7angel: wishes added to first post

dino: you'll have to re-write your post; that is way too much puzzling which I don't have the time for

Next time wait for new wishes to be added to the first post, guys. Posting "I second member xxxx's wish #3" will be too much work for me, so I will ignore it.

d1n0_xD
27th Jun 2011, 16:19
I edited my post ^^ Sorry. :D

Driber
27th Jun 2011, 16:26
much better. added :)

QiX
27th Jun 2011, 16:58
I'm sorry. I read this thread too quickly when I posted before. I forgot to use red and I didn't make my comments on everyone else's wishes clear and short enough. Just one correction, please. Take my vote out of wish #5, no returning villains please.

Abdullah10
27th Jun 2011, 17:18
My wish: #1 of the list in the first post.
My wish: #6 of the list in the first post

--
I know it won't happen but I wish if there was some words written on the wall in Arabic with some 1 blood

Driber
27th Jun 2011, 17:30
done and done

Andy64
27th Jun 2011, 20:32
My wish: Lara's breast size is increased a bit to add plausability and continuity - not as big as before but bigger than now. (know it's controversial but I HAVE to say it)

My Wish: Re-use some original version TR1 music scores in the game (no remixes). Especially this track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMRst7HGrIs&feature=related

My Wish: Unlockable outfits - Classic and Japan dress

My Wish: More backtracking to increase completion time

My Wish: Coloured secret system from legend and anniversary

Wish #4 from list find out how Lara gets duel pistols

Wish #3 from list cut down on heavy moaning

Driber
27th Jun 2011, 20:38
added

Elliot Kane
27th Jun 2011, 21:32
My Wish: Huge NO to Wish #19! Pointless padding is NOT the way to extend a game's play time!

My Wish: minimum 15-20 hour play time with no padding.

My Wish: I do like Wish #6. The idea of filling in more of Lara's background through flashback is a very good one. Shows us more of who she is.

dark7angel
27th Jun 2011, 22:13
My wish: cover system.

My wish: some hand to hand and stealth elements added to the combat.

IvanaKC
27th Jun 2011, 22:37
My wish: #7 of the list in the first post

My wish: #8 of the list in the first post

My wish: #1 of the list in the first post

My wish: #3 of the list in the first post

My wish: #6 of the list in the first post

And I don't see that this wish was added:
My wish: no quicktime events
so please, if it is, add me.

WinterSoldierLTE
27th Jun 2011, 22:48
Right so here's the ones already on the list I agree with thus far:

MY WISH #'s15,2,4, and 18.

Here's my own:

MY WISH Flares at some point in the game.

MY WISH Artifacts and relics ala 'Legend', 'Anniversary' and 'Underworld', complete with rewards for finding them.

MY WISH Mini optional side-quests of some sort.

AdobeArtist
28th Jun 2011, 00:19
My Wish: #1 from the list of the first post

My Wish: #4 from the list of the first post

My Wish: #10 from the list of the first post

My Wish: No Quick Time Events, or at the very least don't make the overall game heavily dependant on them.

My Wish: For the unlockable outfits to return in the NEXT game. I don't think they have a place in this one, where they would break the reality of the survival context.

My Wish: An explorable mansion with its own mini games and puzzle, in the NEXT game. Again would have no place in TR9, but I'm thinking more long term here.

My Wish: To see the return of evening gowns in some level/mission specific scenes. Yes that also goes into NEXT game (context being just as relegvant). I do realize that this is a reboot, but the freshness should be accompanied by familiarity too. One of the distinctive features of Lara has been her strong and adventurous image also being contrasted & complemented with one of culture, refinement, and sophistication. It would be a tragic shame to lose that in this re-envisoning of our lady.

** Now I do realize that 2 of the items on my own personal wish list seem identicle to what someone else already contributed, BUT, I'm emphasising that they have no place in THIS upcoming game, and have differentiated that they should be in the following game. I feel compelled to express my strong feelings on the long term direction the series takes from this new starting point.

Flintmelody
28th Jun 2011, 02:07
My Wish: To see the return of evening gowns

Just say it's #18 then adobe. I LOVED seeing Lara in the classy sexy Japan dress and classic outfit is always a winner. I 100% want to see them or similar again.

My Wish: more dark humour from Lara

My Wishes from the list #16, #17, #3, #5 and #18

AdobeArtist
28th Jun 2011, 04:15
Just say it's #18 then adobe. I LOVED seeing Lara in the classy sexy Japan dress and classic outfit is always a winner. I 100% want to see them or similar again.

The thing is, I'm being realistic that I don't expect extravegant gowns in TR9 taking place on a remote island where Lara doesn't have access to a wardrobe. In fact having any kind of choice in outfits would break the reality and atmosphere of the game. I can accept not having selectable outfits for one game. Same with the mansion.

That why I put these into their own sub-category of things I'd like to see for future instalments. I'm looking not just at this one title, but long term for the series as it progresses from game to game.

Driber
28th Jun 2011, 07:14
All wishes so far added, except for adobeARTIST's last one, which was too long. I need short and sweet description.

Elliot Kane
28th Jun 2011, 08:16
Might it be worth adding a separate 'wishes comment & discussion thread' to avoid cluttering this one with comments that are not actually wishes?

dark7angel
28th Jun 2011, 09:03
My wish: NO artifacts like Excalibur or Mjölnir that Lara wields as a weapon or gives her special abilities ala Thor's collection in TRU.

AdobeArtist
28th Jun 2011, 11:27
OK, I'm revising my last wish :)

My Wish: To see the return of evening gowns in some level/mission specific scenes. Yes that also goes into NEXT game, context being just as relevant.

Driber
28th Jun 2011, 12:28
added

Elliot Kane
28th Jun 2011, 13:45
My Wish #21 should read MINIMUM game time. I'm not gonna object if it's longer! :)

Driber
28th Jun 2011, 13:52
Minimum cannot be a variable, minimum is an absolute value. So choose 15 or 20 ;)

Elliot Kane
28th Jun 2011, 16:21
Oh, dear. Choices, indeed... :D

OK, I think I'll go with 15 hour minimum, as I'm more likely to carry the vote that way! AND not be ignored by the devs! :D

Thanks, Driber :)

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
28th Jun 2011, 16:33
My wish: #01 of the list in the first post.
My wish: #02 of the list in the first post.
-----
My wish: #08 of the list in the first post.

Proper mouse&keyboard controls are a must (no mouse acceleration or smoothing which can't be turned off, please).
-----
My wish: #09 of the list in the first post.

These are very important for me and potentially brilliant for the game's marketing. I honestly expect the game to look gorgeous on PC, since this is the version I intend to buy.
DX11 support, Tesselation, Parallax Occlusion Mapping, Very High Resolution textures, improved lighting - please make TR a beauty by taking advantage of modern PCs' power.
-----
My wish: please make Lara look "wet" when she comes out from water or stands in the rain and let her gradually dry up.

As strange as that may sound, don't laugh, what I actually have in mind is the attention to detail - it will add a lot to the "eye candy/coolness/realism" factor.

Driber
28th Jun 2011, 18:47
done

Danielsun_
28th Jun 2011, 19:05
My wish : Gaining Laras duel pistols at the end of the game

My wish: Co-op of some sort
My Wish : #28 #29 #21 of the wish list

Driber
28th Jun 2011, 19:13
added

Sophiafan
28th Jun 2011, 20:29
My votes go to:
Wish #04: Duel pistol discovery
Wish #17: Old TR1 tracks reused
Wish #18: Unlockable outfits
Wish #24: No QTE
Wish #26: Artifacts and rewards systems
Wish #30: Dark Humour
Wish #32: Evening gown return

Xoomer
28th Jun 2011, 20:54
My wish: #1 -> optional helping icons to make it more difficult for some people

My wish: #2 -> good replacement for #1

My wish: #4 -> would be a great ending

My wish: #8 -> other games were not "keyboard-friendly"

My wish: #9 -> other games were no good portations in the aspect of graphics

My wish: #10 -> would be too much (especially Natla and Doppelganger)

My wish: #12 -> NO GPS, but a self-drawn map on a piece of paper, because there is no electricity and Lara would have to know how to create maps for GPS-Systems)

My wish: #15 -> was a good idea, is still a good idea, because you have something to mark your own things on

My wish: #25 -> and in relation to this enough places where you need flares

My wish: #28 -> outfits are great, but would destroy the atmosphere in this game

My wish: #29 -> same as #28

My wish: NO #30 -> no more dark humor from lara, because it wouldn't fit intos this early time of Lara's life

My wish: #31 -> artifacts would make Lara too strong

d1n0_xD
28th Jun 2011, 21:44
My wish: #21 of the list in the first post.

Just to add my vote. ^^

WinterSoldierLTE
28th Jun 2011, 21:59
Ah, thought of another one....

My Wish: Game designer/director commentary ala "Anniversary".

AdobeArtist
29th Jun 2011, 00:15
My Wish: #33 from the list in the OP (Lara looking wet; damn I wish I'D thought of it)

My Wish: dynamic realtime cloth tearing, lets see Lara's condition progressively deteriorate, create an experience where the player can emotionally connect with Lara's pain.

My Wish: After game completion, a replay menu with selectable levels/chapters (shouldn't have to rely on save points to go back to favourite chapters) plus time trials.

My Wish: A proper (and well developed, characterized) love interest. This also falls into the FUTURE games category, not really fitting in the survival adventure theme of TR9.

And lets really reap the benefits of the M rating with lots and lots of NUDITY, oh yeahhhhhh.... relax guys and gals, I'm KIDDING :rasp::rasp: So nooooooo this is NOT a real wish :o

Cristiavano
29th Jun 2011, 00:49
My wish To have a savegame system of checkpoints and save anywhere like from Tomb Raider Classics.

Icetea555
29th Jun 2011, 01:16
My wish # 17 in the fist post of the list
My wish # 18 in the fist post of the list
My wish # 23 in the fist post of the list
My wish # 27 in the fist post of the list
My wish # 34 in the fist post of the list
My wish # 33 in the fist post of the list
My wish # 04 in the fist post of the list
My wish # 29 in the fist post of the list

My wish is to see Lara Croft back pack in the game
My wish the game to take 2 weeks to beat. It will be worth $60.00 to me. No short game please.
My wish is for Lara Croft to have red hair streaks going throw her hair.
My wish Lara Croft to have her Mansion in the game. Even if we have to beat the game fist.

Rhanyan
29th Jun 2011, 02:13
Voting for the following:

Wish #15: get an actual physical map of the island coming with the game! From WinterSoldier

Wish #32: To see the return of evening gowns in some level/mission specific scenes. Yes that also goes into NEXT game, context being just as relevant. From adobeARTIST

Hope I am doing this right.

Cheeky_Charlie
29th Jun 2011, 06:54
Wishes: #1, #10, #24, #27

PLEASE!!

PS. Tell the guys in the CD that theyre doing a innovative and great job!! As you can see there are TR fans alla over the world, the expectations are HUGE! No pressure ;)

RosePetals
29th Jun 2011, 10:56
My wish: A new grabbing system. I don't want another "Post-It Lara" who sticks to ledges automatically.

Wish #01 on the list.
Wish #02 on the list.
Wish #03 on the list.
Wish #07 on the list.
Wish #23 on the list.
Wish #27 on the list.

Elliot Kane
29th Jun 2011, 11:28
I want to give some detailed thoughts on the wish list without completely disrupting the official thread, so I figured the best way to do that was to start a new topic.

The official wish list is here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=118311)

As a general format note, I shall bold the wish itself, then add my thoughts underneath.

I am removing all next game wishes from the list, as they are, well, next game! No offence to those who suggested them :)

Wish #01: Make all helper icons / "survival instinct mode" / visual hints completely optional through the settings menu or through a difficulty level.

I can see why people like this idea, but I am personally neutral towards it. Lara has frequently had similar things to this before, most recently through the use of binoculars (Legend) or PDA for hints (Underworld). It's never harmed the game yet.

Wish #02: Instead of helper icons, make Lara subtly look at objects she can interact with as she passes by, a la Grim Fandango But also make this optional.

Also as used in most of the early TR games. I remember spending ages trying to work out what on Earth Lara was staring at so intently! Ah, fun times! :D DOES seem a bit redundant, with the 'Survival Instinct' thing, but it's more subtle, I guess.

Wish #03: Cut down on the heavy Lara moaning

Entirely indifferent to this one. It's based on one trailer sequence that represents maybe two minutes of the game. No offence to those who voted for it, but I doubt Lara's going to be in a blind panic throughout the entire game. If she IS going to be doing that for hours on end, though, I agree with you. I'd be screaming at the screen, I think! :D

Wish #04: I would love to see how Lara gains her double pistols.

Lovely idea, but I think it fits better with the next game, not this. This game is 'A Survivor Is Born'. NEXT game should be about the development of the iconography - dual pistols, pack, etc.

Wish #05: Amanda Evert or Natla included in the game.

I don't see how Natla could work. but if flashbacks appear in game I think an Amanda appearance would be a very good idea. Showing Lara at university with friends & rivals not only helps make her more human, but it will help lay down groundwork for future games.

Wish #06: Flashback levels where you play as Lara wondering around Piccadily Circus or something, just to shake things up.

Obvious by now that I like this idea. A more human Lara is a Lara who has friends, associates - connections with other people. Anyone who reads (Or has read) comics will understand the importance and value of a good supporting cast. Simply put, they show aspects of the main character that would never emerge without them. They are what creates the 'illusion of life' for the main character.

Wish #07: A comic book tie in.

I'm currently not reading comics, so indifferent to this one. Though my stack of TR comics is not small, and I still may look for the collected edition if there is one.

Wish #08: PC friendly controls. That means M/KB - NOT 'please attach controller'. (Mine)

Self explanatory. PC gamers often get what amounts to a bad port of console games, with no key remapping, poor controls for M/KB and a product that screams 'you were an afterthought!' As a PC gamer, I do not like this.

Wish #09: My Wish: Good graphics for PC. High definition and/or DX 11 support without having to download massive patches. Should look vastly better than the console versions. (Mine)

I wanted to explain this one a bit more, as it may sound a bit PC elitist to those who are not aware of the differences between PCs and current generation consoles.

It is a fact that when consoles first come out, they rival top level PCs in terms of graphics. They are built to be the absolute peak of current gen technology, after all.

However, the rate of PC advancement means that the consoles rapidly lose ground. Every current console is five years old and thus even the very best consoles available today would most likely under-perform compared to even a mid-level current gen PC. This means that directly ported console games, while not looking dreadful by any means, are performing at maybe a third to a half of the level they could be at on PC.

By the time the new TR game is released, that disparity will be worse than ever. TR looking fantastic on PC will win over more PC gamers. My argument is as simple as that. It's just the explanation that's long-winded! :D

Wish #10: no Doppleganger, no Natla, specially no Amanda Evert.

Fairly addressed this already, I think. I like Amanda, so I'd be happy to see her again. Was actually quite miffed in Legend when getting to 'play as Amanda' was just a new skin for Lara.

Wish #11: Lara and Roth models from Turning Point ported to the game engine. Not like the current game models are not good by now, but in Turning Point they're just so freakin' amazing

Are we sure this is not the case anyway?

Wish #12: a GPS without database installed as a map system. waypoints and locations marked by Lara on it as she discovers them. Map all empty at the begginning, containg just the island's shore and low def topography.

Still thinking about this one. Ambivalent.

Wish #13: optional fast travel.

Suspect this one is already in. Fast travel between bases has already been mentioned, but I doubt it'd be obligatory. Lara may need to hunt or do other things in areas she has already been in, after all.

Wish #14: Low real time over game time ratio, maybe adjustable. I don't want one in game day to last one hour.

Don''t mind. It does make a lot of sense to have a 'real time clock' though in a survival game... Hmmm... May have to vote for this one...

Wish #15: get an actual physical map of the island coming with the game! (Similar to what Rockstar does with GTA)

Excellent bonus for buying the box AND a great disincentive to pirates! No buy, no map. I like it!

Wish #16: Lara's breast size is increased a bit to add plausability and continuity - not as big as before but bigger than now.

Lara doesn't appear to be wearing a bra in a lot of those shots so she may be bigger than you think!

Not really a priority for me, I must admit. As long as she's clearly a girl and not androgynous, it's all good.

Wish #17: Re-use some original version TR1 music scores in the game (no remixes). Especially this track

No offence, but no. New Lara should mean new music.

Wish #18: Unlockable outfits - Classic and Japan dress

The specifics given, no. However, Lara is, presumably, going to have to make new outfits at some point as normal wear and tear is going to destroy her original gear. This could easily lead to new - and game appropriate - outfits. On the specific examples given, though, I shall not be voting for this one. Would not fit.

Wish #19: More backtracking to increase completion time

Definitely, absolutely, completely - NO! I can think of no possible reason why this might be considered a good idea.

Wish #20: Coloured secret system from legend and anniversary

I am indifferent to this one. I simply don't mind either way.

Wish #21: NO excessive backtracking to increase completion time. Make at least 15 hours of play time using original content and no padding. (Mine)

My reaction to 19, above. I think fifteen hours minimum is quite reasonable for a TR game and NO game should pad out playing time pointlessly.

Wish #22: Cover system

As in 'harder to hit if in cover' I presume? Not something I'm worried about in a TR game. Much prefer Lara to move around a lot and make it harder for the opposition to hit her that way. But this one is just taste :)

Wish #23: some hand to hand and stealth elements added to the combat

I suspect these are already in the game, anyway. That axe-thing Lara's got in some of the pics looks pretty wicked...

Wish #24: no quicktime events

I wouldn't want an entire game of these, but as interactive cut scenes, the way they get used in Legend, I have no real problem with them. Not bothered either way.

Wish #25: Flares at some point in the game.

Could easily be fitted in, given all the ship wrecks, but not a priority for me.

Wish #26: Artifacts and relics ala 'Legend', 'Anniversary' and 'Underworld', complete with rewards for finding them.

Once again, I am indifferent. If the artifacts themselves have a practical use rather than just looking pretty, this may well be a great idea.

Wish #27: Mini optional side-quests of some sort.

I like RPGs. I am not averse to this in theory. May wll vote for this after a bit more thinking...

Wish #30: more dark humour from Lara

I don't think it'll fit with the mood of the game, at least to start with. Having Lara washed up on the island, stare at the ship grave yard for the first time and say "I always knew ship insurance would be a bad career" might be funny, but it would destroy any feeling that she was in danger.

Wish #31: NO artifacts like Excalibur or Mjölnir that Lara wields as a weapon or gives her special abilities ala Thor's collection in TRU.

Pretty sure this one's a given. Where these artifacts have appeared, they've always been needed, though, so I'm not opposed to them.

Wish #33: please make Lara look "wet" when she comes out from water or stands in the rain and let her gradually dry up.

This has been a constant in the TR games since... 4? Earlier? I think we can take it as given :)

Wish #34: Gaining Laras duel pistols at the end of the game

Next game for the iconography would work better, I think. This game is about where she started. 'The Legend Of Lara' should start to build with game 2.

Wish #35: Co-op of some sort

Not something I'd want, but not something I'd oppose, either. Purely a matter of taste, this one.

So, what are your thoughts? Or your thoughts on my thoughts? Or... Yeah, I'll leave it that! :D

Elliot Kane
29th Jun 2011, 11:34
Please add my votes for:

Wish #14
Wish #15
Wish #27

chriss_99
29th Jun 2011, 12:20
I vote for Wishes #01,#02,#25,#28,#33,#34

My wish: Add more replay value to the game. For example, unlockable weapons, unlockable parts of the island, images and renders are nice too.

d1n0_xD
29th Jun 2011, 13:00
Well, you got it covered, those are my opinions too... The only thing that bothers me (I talked about this in the General Chat thread) is that, some wishes are like already in the game, it's obvious, like rewards, those were a part of every TR so far... And some wishes just don't make sense, like Lara gaining dual-pistols, I mean, I know that's like a trademark for her, but what's all the fuss about? It's a reboot!!! You don't expect Lara to just find DUAL PISTOLS on an island. I mean, it's all for the next game, but let's think about this one, ok? xD And boobs, and outfits and all that silly nonsense. I don't know, hate to repeat myself, I explained everything in the thread mentioned above. Anyways, nice point of view, Elliot, they should do just like you explained! ^^

Elliot Kane
29th Jun 2011, 13:29
Thanks, d1no :)

If I'm honest, it was your thoughts in that thread that led to the creation of this one. I had thought of a thread like this before, to allow for really detailed discussion of the wish lists without disrupting the wish list thread, but it was only when I started writing a reply to you that I realised I had far too much to say and much of it not really intended as a reply to anyone.

So here we are! :D

Mick2412
29th Jun 2011, 17:46
Wish #03, 04, 14, 16, 17, 18, 24, 25, 29, 31, 32:

Xoomer
29th Jun 2011, 18:51
In my opinion it's not that bad, if Lara gets her pistols after she has left the island. Of course there is no sense in finding two great pistols with infinte ammunition (^^), but there could be an outro-movie, maybe back in England, in which she gets her pistols, or someone gives them to her, or something like this.

d1n0_xD
29th Jun 2011, 19:05
Thanks, d1no :)

If I'm honest, it was your thoughts in that thread that led to the creation of this one. I had thought of a thread like this before, to allow for really detailed discussion of the wish lists without disrupting the wish list thread, but it was only when I started writing a reply to you that I realised I had far too much to say and much of it not really intended as a reply to anyone.

So here we are! :D

Glad we're on the same page ^^

In my opinion it's not that bad, if Lara gets her pistols after she has left the island. Of course there is no sense in finding two great pistols with infinte ammunition (^^), but there could be an outro-movie, maybe back in England, in which she gets her pistols, or someone gives them to her, or something like this.

I know, I know, but what's the point? Think long-term here, of course she's going to get her pistols eventually, but in this game, not very important.
Lara moaning, rewards, outfits, boobs, Lara looking wet... that's all nonsense, it's 2011, of course she's going to look wet!
Argh, I just started to write a pretty long speech, then I erased it because it's all said before...

I'm still seeing posts with votes for a whole lot of items. Remember that voting for every single item you like even the slightest will not be a good idea, as then we will just get a whole bunch of items with the same amount of votes, which prevents a few good items from really standing out and getting the attention of the developers. Don't vote for things just because "it's nice to have". Try to limit your votes to a maximum of 5 items you really REALLY like to see the most in TR9.

Listen to the man! :D

Driber
29th Jun 2011, 19:09
Icetea's own wishes ignored, some were already in the list. Everyone else's so far added.

!Attention everyone!

I'm still seeing posts with votes for a whole lot of items. Remember that voting for every single item you like even the slightest will not be a good idea, as then we will just get a whole bunch of items with the same amount of votes, which prevents a few good items from really standing out and getting the attention of the developers. Don't vote for things just because "it's nice to have". Try to limit your votes to a maximum of 5 items you really REALLY like to see the most in TR9.

Elliot Kane
29th Jun 2011, 19:20

I think this one is very much a matter of personal taste. Personally, I think Lara getting her dual pistols should be an event, not just an end video. I also think it has to make sense in context.

Lara when we first meet her in the new game is extremely unlikely to have ever fired a real pistol. As an aristo, she is more than likely familiar with shotguns, but there's virtually no chance she'll have any other type of firearms experience, let alone dual wielding.

So even if she found the dual pistols, she'd have no immediate use for them.

But in the next game, where presumably we will see her set out purposefully for adventure rather than being ambushed by it, it makes sense that she would be doing one heck of a lot of training in preparation.

That's my thinking on the matter. But I can completely understand why other Lara fans will want to see her get the guns and the pack ASAP. Those iconic moments will hold a special thrill for TR fans :)

More wishes, so more thoughts! :)

I'd also like to take a moment to thank Driber for all the hard work he's doing on the wish list thread. All that editing can get VERY tedious, as I know from personal experience! So thanks, Driber - your hard work is appreciated! :)

Wish #36: no more dark humor from lara, because it wouldn't fit intos this early time of Lara's life

I'm taking this one as read, honestly. Absolutely agree that dark humour would not fit.

Wish #37: My Wish: Game designer/director commentary ala "Anniversary".

There are designer commentaries in Anniversary? Really? Yeah, you've probably guessed already that this doesn't interest me. A great idea for those who like that kind of thing, though.

Wish #38: dynamic realtime cloth tearing, lets see Lara's condition progressively deteriorate, create an experience where the player can emotionally connect with Lara's pain.

This I like a lot. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that if the idea of this game is to create a high degree of realism, it is all but essential.

Wish #39: After game completion, a replay menu with selectable levels/chapters (shouldn't have to rely on save points to go back to favourite chapters) plus time trials.

While I like those things, the game as described is open world and doesn't have levels as such. That being the case, this wish may not be possible.

Wish #41: To have a savegame system of checkpoints and save anywhere like from Tomb Raider Classics.

I like the Underworld/Legend model. It can be a pain, occasionally, but it really adds to immersion when you don't ever have to worry about saving your game.

Wish #42: A new grabbing system. I don't want another "Post-It Lara" who sticks to ledges automatically.

Definitely not a fan of this idea. On the PC, this is - while nowhere near as bad as the downright evil Adrenaline Dodge from Anniversary - still a 'where's my third hand?' moment. Some of my most annoying moments from the recent TR games involve running through a series of quite tricky leaps only to fail at the last due to the random slip mechanic and me missing the 'E' key.

Wish #43: Add more replay value to the game. For example, unlockable weapons, unlockable parts of the island, images and renders are nice too.

Always a good thing. But as long as I've actually liked the TR games, I've always found them to be immensely replayable. I'm not really worried about this one.

Elliot Kane
29th Jun 2011, 19:44
Last wish I'll add to my vote, then:

Wish 38 - dynamic cloth tearing. This one would truly add to the immersion and the sense of peril facing Lara.

EDIT: Do you want us to trim our votes down, Driber?

WinterSoldierLTE
29th Jun 2011, 22:02
I'll cast votes for

Wish #43
Wish #41

WinterSoldierLTE
29th Jun 2011, 22:21
I don't know what to say other then people like different things, and bless 'em for it. And yeah, there is commentary on "Anniversary", with that games lead designer, Jason Botta, and the creator of Lara himself, Toby Gard. Even if you don't like the game, I think it's worth checking out to get some cool TR1 making-of stories from Toby. You can practicaly see the beers they were drinking while shooting the breeze. Altho they probably weren't drinking. I thought it was cool, anyways. But yeah, I do dig commentaries on my favorite movies and behind-the-scenes things in general about my favorite movies, music albums, and games, so yeah that kind of thing might be for a certain type of people I suppose.

Driber
29th Jun 2011, 22:33
I'd also like to take a moment to thank Driber for all the hard work he's doing on the wish list thread. All that editing can get VERY tedious, as I know from personal experience! So thanks, Driber - your hard work is appreciated! :)

Most welcome :)

Keep up the good work, everyone. You guys rock :thumb:

Elliot Kane
29th Jun 2011, 22:42
I don't know what to say other then people like different things, and bless 'em for it. And yeah, there is commentary on "Anniversary", with that games lead designer, Jason Botta, and the creator of Lara himself, Toby Gard. Even if you don't like the game, I think it's worth checking out to get some cool TR1 making-of stories from Toby. You can practicaly see the beers they were drinking while shooting the breeze. Altho they probably weren't drinking. I thought it was cool, anyways. But yeah, I do dig commentaries on my favorite movies and behind-the-scenes things in general about my favorite movies, music albums, and games, so yeah that kind of thing might be for a certain type of people I suppose.

A lot of people do love that stuff, WinterSoldier. Please don't think I'm in any way trying to denigrate your tastes. I'm not. I simply don't share them :)

As for Anniversary, I must admit to a love/hate relationship. The things about it I love, I adore. The things about it I hate, I hate with a vengeance.

Danielsun_
29th Jun 2011, 22:48
Just like to say something about points i made (co-op and gaining pistols at end game).

The Co-op i suggested (optional of course) was purely from the experience of LCGOL and figured it could make a fun additional and more replayability
As for the Pistols, that was what i was thinking as well, gaining them at the end leading to the road before her, her pistols one of her first steps on said road if you like

IvanaKC
29th Jun 2011, 23:37
My wish: #30 of the list in the first post
My wish: #33 of the list in the first post
My wish: #39 of the list in the first post
My wish: #43 of the list in the first post

Error96_
30th Jun 2011, 00:56
I havn't done my votes yet as want to wait for the list to be nearer completion before I choose. However I will state my thoughts on some of the big topics

Does duel pistols mean double the fun?: There will be tons of people who will think what is the significance of duel pistols or why do they need to be there. The duel pistols represent a trademark of Lara. Their inclusion would be just the sort of thing the TR traditionalists will eat up and absolutely love. The vast pleasing effect it will have on some way outcompetes any suggestion of it being cheesy. I also think that aquisition of the duel pistols would be a defining moment of the game and Lara's metamorphesis into the hero we all know. It's a great idea and hope it gets lots of support.

Lara in a dress again?: This to me is the nice suprise that it was suggested a few times. There has been quite a lot of critism of Lara looking tomboyish and I think it would be brilliant see her back in a very feminine dress again. Probably won't happen this game but geting the idea into to the CD exec's heads again is good.

To replay or not to replay?: Quite a few wishes on this one with things like relics, time trails, outfits, replay level. The Legend/anniversary system fulfilled almost all of those and can't believe CD took them out. CD should know they need to return but good to give them a push. A game that only gives you one playthrough isn't much good these days. I always love unlocking outfits and it's a way better reward for all the hard raiding than 100's of shiny cubes that do pretty much nothing or concept artwork.

Some of my other thoughts The optional hints wishes 1 and 2 seem so obvious that I can't see CD not doing that already. The lack of Natla and Amanda is already a sure fire so #10 and #5 are destined for respective success and failure if voted for or not. The graphics ones are probably already set by now so not sure better graphics wishes will change much either.

The map ones are good ideas (very GTA/ Just Cause). As an old skool raider I also love idea's like the nostagic use of TR1 music or using flares. Getting rid of the QTE's is really to my tastes too.

WinterSoldierLTE
30th Jun 2011, 01:35
A lot of people do love that stuff, WinterSoldier. Please don't think I'm in any way trying to denigrate your tastes. I'm not. I simply don't share them :)

No worries, I didn't take it personal. I totaly got what you meant. It's all good.

Driber
30th Jun 2011, 06:01
added

EDIT: Do you want us to trim our votes down, Driber?

I'm not going to re-do your votes, if that is what you mean.

But it'll be best to wait with adding votes for now if you're planning to stick around this forum for a long time.

This list will take a while to complete. It probably wouldn't be before September until it's sent off to the developers, and possibly much later than that.

And when it will be sent off, I will give you guys a heads up a couple of weeks in advance, giving you all plenty of time to add your votes.

JRod108
30th Jun 2011, 07:47
Wish #1

Wish #12

Wish #24

My Wish: No automated combat. Move to 3PS style.

Elliot Kane
30th Jun 2011, 08:35
added

I'm not going to re-do your votes, if that is what you mean.

But it'll be best to wait with adding votes for now if you're planning to stick around this forum for a long time.

This list will take a while to complete. It probably wouldn't be before September until it's sent off to the developers, and possibly much later than that.

And when it will be sent off, I will give you guys a heads up a couple of weeks in advance, giving you all plenty of time to add your votes.

Cool. Thanks, Driber :)

d1n0_xD
30th Jun 2011, 08:48
I have an idea.

Since the wishlist is only on this forum, and lots of TR fans around the world aren't registered here, wishlist should be posted on Twitter and Facebook, you know on Lara Croft, Tomb Raider and Crystal Dynamics pages, but not right now.

I mean, it's just an idea, needs work xD

Error96_
30th Jun 2011, 13:30
Since the wishlist is only on this forum, and lots of TR fans around the world aren't registered here, wishlist should be posted on Twitter and Facebook, you know on Lara Croft, Tomb Raider and Crystal Dynamics pages, but not right now.

If you just let votes from Twitter and Facebook in to the current thread they would just swamp out votes (maybe 10 or 25 to 1) and mean that the Eidos forums don't really get a proper say. Let's rejoice in this oppertunity we have be given to make a difference and not throw it away.

If there was seperate votes for Facebook and Twitter with ideas from this forum included then could be okay. Think the high traffic on those sites would just take so much admin to keep up with adding suggestions and votes though

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
30th Jun 2011, 15:24
Wish #33: please make Lara look "wet" when she comes out from water or stands in the rain and let her gradually dry up.

This has been a constant in the TR games since... 4? Earlier? I think we can take it as given :)
[/b]

You're right to an extent- it might have been done earlier, true, but it never looked right or convincing. Looking at the screenshots released so far, Lara doesn't look soaking wet even when standing out in the rain. Her skin does appear a bit wet (emphasis on "a bit"), but the clothes are perfectly dry.

Greenas
30th Jun 2011, 15:53
I skimmed over the wishlist. I agree with most of it except of course for the "increase her breast size" wish. I find that a ridiculous request but that's just my opinion...

dark7angel
30th Jun 2011, 18:52
I skimmed over the wishlist. I agree with most of it except of course for the "increase her breast size" wish. I find that a ridiculous request but that's just my opinion...

Believe me, it's not just your opinion, it really is a very ridiculous request.

Flintmelody
1st Jul 2011, 00:57
I agree with most of it except of course for the "increase her breast size" wish. I find that a ridiculous request but that's just my opinion...

Believe me, it's not just your opinion, it really is a very ridiculous request.

These are all people's wishes and it is kind of mean to call any of them ridiculous. There has been such a drastic in Lara's shape that to ask the scale of that change to be decreased seems a sensible wish. I agree with the wish, I voted for it and I'm am not going to feel daft or bad for doing that.

AdobeArtist
1st Jul 2011, 01:30
Lara in a dress again?: This to me is the nice suprise that it was suggested a few times. There has been quite a lot of critism of Lara looking tomboyish and I think it would be brilliant see her back in a very feminine dress again. Probably won't happen this game but geting the idea into to the CD exec's heads again is good.

I'm just tickled to see others share my sentiment on this. I had always said (both here and on other forums) that was set Lara apart from any other female video game star, is her diversity in image, that she could be both rugged & athletic, as well as ravishing and sensual.

But more importantly that her artistocratic heritage was yet another layer of depth to her character. Lara as an icon was an expression of beauty & power, coupled with culture & sophistication, which you don't find in many female gaming protagonists, making her more complex & varied than your typical "action babe". It makes Lara that much more appealing and intruiging that there is some real substance beneath her alluring surface.

The tomboy heroin who can only be strong by being masculine and shielded all the time is an overused cliche. It's like most women characters try "too hard" to prove how tough they are, that even the slightest sign of "girliness" suddenly sabotages all their efforts. But really femininity does not compromise strength or integrity, and Lara was always special to me because she embraced both sides of the coin.

And THAT'S the way I want her to stay. I sure hope the new reboot movie captures her total essence right this time.

You know what I find the most ironic about this? This is the sort of thing I hear on other forums, where Lara is seen as a has-been, where comments always circulate that the only thing she ever had going for her was her boobs and booty.

But we who are her dedicated fans, aren't WE supposed to be the ones who appreciate her true virtues, and that her cup size was never the trait that TRULY defined her? Us of all people, and still it comes down to bickering over her breasts? I mean c'mon man, we're supposed to be the ones who value her stature as a gaming icon that doesn't entail dissecting her anatomy.

And this is coming from a hot blooded male I should add. Oh yes, I do love the female form, and that includes boobs as much as the next guy. I wouldn't try to deny that. But seriously, I don't obssess over the exact measurments of it that much. Just what IS there really to complain about anyway? Her new body is still fantastic. Does anybody fin her new physique less attractive now?

If you actully said yes you really need to re-evaluate your priorities.

Elliot Kane
1st Jul 2011, 06:49
As someone who does NOT see the current size of Lara's boobs as a problem, I nonetheless have to agree with Flint: there are no 'ridiculous' wishes (Or at least not so far!), just differences in taste and opinion.

For Lara to look like Lara, she needs certain physical characteristics, including the long brown hair and the stunning figure.

Look at it this way: if CD made her a blonde, we'd ALL be up in arms, wouldn't we? The ideal breast size for Lara may be more flexible for some of us than for others, but the underlying idea that 'Lara should look like Lara' is the same.

AdobeArtist
1st Jul 2011, 07:48
As someone who does NOT see the current size of Lara's boobs as a problem, I nonetheless have to agree with Flint: there are no 'ridiculous' wishes (Or at least not so far!), just differences in taste and opinion.

For Lara to look like Lara, she needs certain physical characteristics, including the long brown hair and the stunning figure.

Look at it this way: if CD made her a blonde, we'd ALL be up in arms, wouldn't we? The ideal breast size for Lara may be more flexible for some of us than for others, but the underlying idea that 'Lara should look like Lara' is the same.

I do understand needing to keep a sense of familiarity with Lara's image. But that really comes down to a basic template - the eyes, hair colour & length, and a "sexy athletic" figure.

And this new Lara conforms to just that ideal. The specifics may differ from older models, but the same basic concept remains the same. Do we really need a measuring tape to define Lara?

The other crucial thing to consider that CD has finally brought Lara up to current generation standards of character design, where games are now populated by realistic and genuinely believable looking people. Wanting Lara to look too much like the older Lara means regressing the standards, basically taking her back to a more unrealstic proportions and a "cartoon" look.

If Lara is going to become relevant again in modern day gaming, that means a more natural human approach to character design will be needed, and breasts proportionate to her more human frame will need to be accepted.

This still IS Lara, just a more humanly realistic version of the concepts we originally saw as an illustrated concept in 1996.

dark7angel
1st Jul 2011, 10:40
Ok, maybe ridiculous was too strong, but I mean c'mon! With so many important things to worry about people are actually complaining about her boob size?!?!?! As adobeARTIST said, I think people really need to re-evaluate their priorities!!!!

So I'm sorry if with my last post I offended anyone, but IMO wishing for an increased breast size is not a priority! In fact, IMO it is unnecessary. Why? adobeARTIST pretty much covers it all, so I'm not going to repeat him! :)

QiX
1st Jul 2011, 11:31
I skipped the subject untill now, but since it came to the light of discussion let me add my two pennies:

Breast size is important, and very important. Lara started with a pair of cones in her chest, like an old Madonna clip (I forgot which one of them. Excuse me, fans). The next game she was a brunnette Jessica Rabbit in kakhi shorts. In fifteen years she had ant queen waist-hip ratio, japanese anime sized eyes, and with slight modifications each game released she maintained the looks of a cartoony bimbo. Let me say it again, the breast size is very important. If we want to get Lara seriously and allow her to survive for another console generation we need to make her real. And keeping the cartoony proportions will not help here, but the opposite.

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tomb-raider-conceptual-artwork/smallscreen002.jpg

This is the best Lara ever, this is her anatomy from now on. Any slight modification from this is a step in the wrong direction.

Elliot Kane
1st Jul 2011, 11:51
Adobe,

I agree with you entirely. That's the way I think of it, too. But that doesn't mean I think everyone else should agree with me :)

Qix,

I'll wait to see her in game before I start thinking 'Best Lara Ever', personally. I thought she looked great in Underworld - probably the most 'real' she's ever been. If this is a step up, great. If not, well, I'll decide that at the time :)

d1n0_xD
1st Jul 2011, 12:08
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tomb-raider-conceptual-artwork/smallscreen002.jpg

This is the best Lara ever, this is her anatomy from now on. Any slight modification from this is a step in the wrong direction.

I agree :thumb:

QiX
1st Jul 2011, 14:20
Qix,

I'll wait to see her in game before I start thinking 'Best Lara Ever', personally. I thought she looked great in Underworld - probably the most 'real' she's ever been. If this is a step up, great. If not, well, I'll decide that at the time :)

I'm referring to the picture. This concept art and the CGI trailer models are better than the in-game model by now IMO. That's why i made Wish #11: Lara and Roth models from Turning Point ported to the game engine. To improve the characters in game even more.

Elliot Kane
1st Jul 2011, 14:51
I'm referring to the picture. This concept art and the CGI trailer models are better than the in-game model by now IMO. That's why i made Wish #11: Lara and Roth models from Turning Point ported to the game engine. To improve the characters in game even more.

Similar reasoning to my 'vastly better graphics for PC' wish, then. If you want a Witcher 2 level of character detail for Lara, it probably isn't happening on console.

(Which I know you voted for, so we're clearly in agreement regarding graphical quality :) I also think it's possible to get Lara to look even better than the trailer, though...)

Cristiavano
1st Jul 2011, 16:34
Well, you got it covered, those are my opinions too... The only thing that bothers me (I talked about this in the General Chat thread) is that, some wishes are like already in the game, it's obvious, like rewards, those were a part of every TR so far... And some wishes just don't make sense, like Lara gaining dual-pistols, I mean, I know that's like a trademark for her, but what's all the fuss about? It's a reboot!!! You don't expect Lara to just find DUAL PISTOLS on an island. I mean, it's all for the next game, but let's think about this one, ok? xD And boobs, and outfits and all that silly nonsense. I don't know, hate to repeat myself, I explained everything in the thread mentioned above. Anyways, nice point of view, Elliot, they should do just like you explained! ^^

mthey could do those classic moments like instead of young lara finding the backpack like in TR4 i don't know forgot which tr. She find dual pistols on the dead body. But srsly what ever happened to forget everything you know about tomb raider.(lol the first sentence contradicts the second sentence)

Mick2412
1st Jul 2011, 17:37
I'm just tickled to see others share my sentiment on this. I had always said (both here and on other forums) that was set Lara apart from any other female video game star, is her diversity in image, that she could be both rugged & athletic, as well as ravishing and sensual.

But more importantly that her artistocratic heritage was yet another layer of depth to her character. Lara as an icon was an expression of beauty & power, coupled with culture & sophistication, which you don't find in many female gaming protagonists, making her more complex & varied than your typical "action babe". It makes Lara that much more appealing and intruiging that there is some real substance beneath her alluring surface..

Absolutely Yes. That is just what I want to see:D.

But seriously, I don't obssess over the exact measurments of it that much. Just what IS there really to complain about anyway? Her new body is still fantastic. Does anybody fin her new physique less attractive now?

I said yes on continuity grounds. People think it's about shallowness but it isn't. It's more about familiarity.

I don't mind most of the concept art but that is just the worst picture of Lara. Wrong shape, prison outfit. Nightmare

Gemma_Darkmoon_
1st Jul 2011, 18:55
Guys come on. Let's not get in to mud slinging in a pit with the debate. There are 41 wishes to choose from and all BOTH sides want to do is talk about one. If you don't want a wish to get through then publicise the other wishes that are better so they knock the wish you don't like out on votes. Just for the record my fav Lara look is TRA's Lara.

Greenas
2nd Jul 2011, 09:05
But we who are her dedicated fans, aren't WE supposed to be the ones who appreciate her true virtues, and that her cup size was never the trait that TRULY defined her? Us of all people, and still it comes down to bickering over her breasts? I mean c'mon man, we're supposed to be the ones who value her stature as a gaming icon that doesn't entail dissecting her anatomy.

I never was a Lara fan because of her breast size, I was a Lara fan for Lara as a person. What does annoy me however, is how many of the people I talk to are so quick to disregard Lara as a sex symbol :mad2:. They don't appreciate Lara, or don't even try to because of her appearance, and I find that unfair.
That's why Lara's more realistic (yet still beautiful) body, is important to me. It allows the general public to see that Lara is much more than their limited perceptions believe her to be.:)

Just what IS there really to complain about anyway? Her new body is still fantastic. Does anybody fin her new physique less attractive now?

Precisely, Lara has managed to maintain a degree of sex appeal without becoming unrealistic.

Ok, maybe ridiculous was too strong, but I mean c'mon! With so many important things to worry about people are actually complaining about her boob size?!?!?! As adobeARTIST said, I think people really need to re-evaluate their priorities!!!!

Yes, sorry it was too strong, I apologise. :o. Anyway, I agree completely with you and adobeARTIST.

Driber
2nd Jul 2011, 12:56
I have an idea.

Since the wishlist is only on this forum, and lots of TR fans around the world aren't registered here...

Their loss. This is the official forum, after all :)

Driber
2nd Jul 2011, 13:02
added

Elliot Kane
2nd Jul 2011, 14:01
New wish:

Wish #44: No automated combat. Move to 3PS style.

I don't actually understand this one. '3PS' is obviusly third person shooter, so that part is clear enough, but what exactly is 'automated combat'? My normal understanding of that phrase would mean that the game auto-resolves all combat for you without you doing anything yourself - an approach common enough in games like Europa Universalis, but which TR games have never had.

If the wish maker means no auto-targeting, I'm pretty sure it has been announced already that that will be gone from the new TR.

So I guess my honest opinion of this one is: 'I am confused as to what the wish maker means'.

Can anyone enlighten me?

d1n0_xD
2nd Jul 2011, 15:33
Yep, I'm sure he means no auto-targeting, he wants to point and shoot :D

AdobeArtist
2nd Jul 2011, 23:16
I never was a Lara fan because of her breast size, I was a Lara fan for Lara as a person. What does annoy me however, is how many of the people I talk to are so quick to disregard Lara as a sex symbol :mad2:. They don't appreciate Lara, or don't even try to because of her appearance, and I find that unfair.
That's why Lara's more realistic (yet still beautiful) body, is important to me. It allows the general public to see that Lara is much more than their limited perceptions believe her to be.:)

To be fair, there's nothing wrong with a woman being a sex symbol (hell even some men are so it's all pretty equal when you think about it) so long as that's not their only virtue.

And I completely agree with lock-on trgeting being long overdue for scrapping. I've played TR games long enough to understand how they got their start. The very first game was from a time when 3D free roaming in any direction was still new to games, where designers still didn't have experience in how to execute that. To complicate this further they were played on controllers that had only the d-pad for directional input and no means of camera control. In other words d-pad controllers weren't designed for 3D game design.

Since the dual stick design was introduced, where movement could be seamlessly controlled with aiming and had become standard in game design, the lock-on remained as a carry over of that bygone era where TR began. It's a grossly archaic scheme and I sure hope to see the series catch up to modern standards.

Andy64
3rd Jul 2011, 02:14
I posted the wish that has been so critised and don't like that some people have created a stigma around it. I LOVE Lara. I love her personality, her attitude and her image. I have been a huge fan since TR1 and Lara has struck such a chord with me that her image is fixed in my head. I look at the new images and try as I might I don't see Lara. Is like ordering chicken in a restaurant and getting Fish. Much as the fish could be real nice and the waiters can try convince you it's chicken. It is still fish and NOT chicken.

I admire CD's want to make her more realistic but that could still be achieved with a bit more top-heavy figure. Would make it easier to believe she was Lara for the hardcore fans and yet realistic too. I did put 'but not as big as before' in the wish. Please don't see me as just seeing Lara as a sex-object for posting that wish as I don't.

I completely agree with lock-on trgeting being long overdue for scrapping.

The classic games (and to some extent TRA) have some real fast paced combat with tons of jumping around and evasive action. The enemies attack in ambush groups are so quick on you and recklessly close combat charge directly at Lara. For that kind of combat lock-on works. In CD's combat Lara uses less jumping there is less close combat and the enemies are slower. That change in the combat style really means we need a manual targeting system. From What I have heard about the game I think it will happen.

JRod108
3rd Jul 2011, 02:36
New wish:

Wish #44: No automated combat. Move to 3PS style.

If the wish maker means no auto-targeting, I'm pretty sure it has been announced already that that will be gone from the new TR.

So I guess my honest opinion of this one is: 'I am confused as to what the wish maker means'.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Has that been announced? Mmm, must've missed that. In any case, yes, I do mean auto-targeting. This is what I've wanted for some time now. Before Underworld in fact. Fact of the matter is, there really isn't a reason this game needs it. From what we've seen of past games, CD doesn't exactly make the combat too hard to keep up with. A more manual combat style would be welcomed, I think. After all, the survival aspect is implied to be challenging. How boring would it be if the bow shot at whatever you needed at the pull of a trigger?

Yep, I'm sure he means no auto-targeting, he wants to point and shoot :D

Thanks for clearing that up in my absence. :) I'm a girl, though. ;) Eh, I knew this username was masculine.... Shoulda listened to the voices in my head on that one....

d1n0_xD
3rd Jul 2011, 09:34
Thanks for clearing that up in my absence. :) I'm a girl, though. ;) Eh, I knew this username was masculine.... Shoulda listened to the voices in my head on that one....

Oh, sorry about that, it's really hard to distinguish guys from girls around here :p You're right about the username haha :D

Elliot Kane
3rd Jul 2011, 10:34
Thanks for clarifying, JRod :)

On the issue of Lara's physique, I have to say her best build, for me at least, was the Underworld Lara, where she has definite feminine curves but nothing too unrealistic.

I have to agree with Mick that that concept art pic of Lara is just not flattering.

But beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder :)

dark7angel
3rd Jul 2011, 10:39
I agree with JRod, manual aim is most welcomed!!! Combat has been too easy in the last Tomb Raider games, and manual aim is one of the things that should be implemented to make it more challenging!

d1n0_xD
3rd Jul 2011, 11:39
Yeah, but you gotta hand it to Andy64, he/she (I'm not sure anymore :p) is right, when multiple enemies come at you, and you have to jump sideways and stuff, lock-on takes the win. I mean, look at Legend, you had both lock-on and manual aim, they can go for that.

dark7angel
3rd Jul 2011, 11:46
Yeah, but you gotta hand it to Andy64, he/she (I'm not sure anymore :p) is right, when multiple enemies come at you, and you have to jump sideways and stuff, lock-on takes the win. I mean, look at Legend, you had both lock-on and manual aim, they can go for that.

I would rather have a cover system to go along with manual aim when facing multiple enemies than auto-aim and jumping around... there's just no challenge in that, IMO.

d1n0_xD
3rd Jul 2011, 11:55
I would rather have a cover system to go along with manual aim when facing multiple enemies than auto-aim and jumping around... there's just no challenge in that, IMO.

Or that haha :D

d1n0_xD
3rd Jul 2011, 11:57
My wish: Wish#22 - Cover system

Gotta add my vote ^^

Elliot Kane
3rd Jul 2011, 14:14

Works for me. I don't play TR for the combat, so much as the puzzle solving & the exploration. Not that I think Lara should dispense with combat totally, mind, but making it harder is something I'm completely neutral about. As long as we're not talking Anniversary centaurs level harder... Once was at least five times too many, there. Maybe more...

AdobeArtist
3rd Jul 2011, 14:36
The way I see it, the whole jumping around combat was a very arcadey approach to combat. But like I said before, it was born of an earlier time of gaming too, when 3D was in its infancy and devs had yet to utilize its full potential.

A cover system, or maybe even a more natural approach to evasive maneuvers (sprinting, rolling, ducking, out of the line of fire) would serve for a more natural approach to combat. Or better yet have both, so the level design doesn't have to force very contrived "walls" for cover in very setting, and that the player has options how to engage the situation.

It should also be that when executing an evasive maneuver, that the player can't fire back. It's either shoot or go defensive, but not both at the same time which comes across as unrealistically super human. I mean who in real life really can aim and dodge at the same time. I think it would be that when you evade to avoide taking damage, you stop shooting and once you position yourself again, aim and shoot again.

This may sound like the player will surely get killed when facing 3 or more enemies, but it only sounded slower to describe it. If you can visualize it with the controller in your hands, it can be a rapid succession of switching actions - shoot, dodge, shoot, roll, shoot, cover, look around cover to shoot, sprint, shoot, sprint shoot, etc... I believe this way the player will be very engaged in a more adaptive approach to combat by having to think on their feet and use their wits to know when to attack and when to defend themself.

Driber
3rd Jul 2011, 14:59
added

AdobeArtist
3rd Jul 2011, 15:31
My Wish: #44 on the list in the OP.

JRod108
3rd Jul 2011, 19:39
Oh, sorry about that, it's really hard to distinguish guys from girls around here :p You're right about the username haha :D

I wouldn't worry about the guy/girl thing too much. Personally, I would've called myself a dude too if I were you. Actually, I think I tend to to refer to everyone as male until corrected. I've kind of forgotten who's what on this forum, though, since I've been gone for so long. :mad2:

Works for me. I don't play TR for the combat, so much as the puzzle solving & the exploration. Not that I think Lara should dispense with combat totally, mind, but making it harder is something I'm completely neutral about. As long as we're not talking Anniversary centaurs level harder... Once was at least five times too many, there. Maybe more...

I can't say I've ever seen eye-to-eye with this particular argument. For one thing, many TR fans (especially those from the CORE days) tend to almost think that to play TR is to only expect puzzles and exploration. My question on that has always been why? Why disregard one aspect of TR's gameplay in favor of the others? Why can't all the aspects of the gameplay be held in the same level of appreciation? On the dev's side, why work so hard on the puzzles an enviroments, but give us the same watered down experience in combat that has been there since the beginning? There has been no reason to keep it like this, many games have adapted to a manual style combat and have made it fun and challenging to juggle multiple enemies while they're at it too.

I'm not in favor of turning TR into a shooter, but there we really need to move away from the idea that games can be only one genre. In TR's case, many of us believe that it can only be an adventure/puzzle game or something. But, that's the thing. The majority of the fanbase can easily accept that the game is an adventure and puzzle solving game, however, they seem very jittery when the subject of actually being able to shoot our own enemies comes up. Mind you, really no one in this particular thread has laid down these specific arguments, but I've seen them on this forum before and they were very common. I kind of expect to see them again, so I suppose I'm preparing myself....

The way I see it, the whole jumping around combat was a very arcadey approach to combat. But like I said before, it was born of an earlier time of gaming too, when 3D was in its infancy and devs had yet to utilize its full potential.

A cover system, or maybe even a more natural approach to evasive maneuvers (sprinting, rolling, ducking, out of the line of fire) would serve for a more natural approach to combat. Or better yet have both, so the level design doesn't have to force very contrived "walls" for cover in very setting, and that the player has options how to engage the situation.

It should also be that when executing an evasive maneuver, that the player can't fire back. It's either shoot or go defensive, but not both at the same time which comes across as unrealistically super human. I mean who in real life really can aim and dodge at the same time. I think it would be that when you evade to avoide taking damage, you stop shooting and once you position yourself again, aim and shoot again.

This may sound like the player will surely get killed when facing 3 or more enemies, but it only sounded slower to describe it. If you can visualize it with the controller in your hands, it can be a rapid succession of switching actions - shoot, dodge, shoot, roll, shoot, cover, look around cover to shoot, sprint, shoot, sprint shoot, etc... I believe this way the player will be very engaged in a more adaptive approach to combat by having to think on their feet and use their wits to know when to attack and when to defend themself.

I like the evasion idea. It seems TR enough to work, which I think is important. I think some people are afraid of the manual combat because they are concerned it will not be "Tomb Raider." It also is a nice way to deal with the multiple enemies issue. Really, though, I don't see that as a problem. Many games with shooter elements will logically pit the player against more than one enemy at a time and it's never been a problem.

PS3 Deb H
3rd Jul 2011, 20:18
wish #01 of the list in the first post
wish #02 of the list in the first post
wish #12 of the list in the first post
wish #14 of the list in the first post
wish #29 of the list in the first post

My wish: A way for Lara to see to her hygiene (wash herself, her clothing, clean her wounds, etc.) perhaps at base camps - Automatic on either arrival to camp or departure from camp (no need to do anything specific).

My wish: Make the game accessible to all. Perhaps a selection in the main menu like 'No Time Trials', 'Survival Instinct', etc. The game can be as hard or easy as one wants it. No penalties like forfeiting a new costume or a perk because one is unable to finish a 'Time trial'. Those (time trials, etc.) should only be relevant while collecting trophies.

Elliot Kane
3rd Jul 2011, 21:45
JRod,

I can't say I've ever seen eye-to-eye with this particular argument. For one thing, many TR fans (especially those from the CORE days) tend to almost think that to play TR is to only expect puzzles and exploration. My question on that has always been why? Why disregard one aspect of TR's gameplay in favor of the others? Why can't all the aspects of the gameplay be held in the same level of appreciation? On the dev's side, why work so hard on the puzzles an enviroments, but give us the same watered down experience in combat that has been there since the beginning? There has been no reason to keep it like this, many games have adapted to a manual style combat and have made it fun and challenging to juggle multiple enemies while they're at it too.

There may have been no reason to keep combat the same (Beyond the fact that it works, which is a fair reason, you must admit), but equally there was no actual reason to change it.

Just because other games take a different approach doesn't mean it will work for TR, or vice versa.

Most of the reasons I've read why people are not interested in the TR games amount to 'Lara is boring' or 'other games do what TR does, but better'.

The only people complaining about combat are usually those who, unlike you, are looking for a pure shooter.

I'm not in favor of turning TR into a shooter, but there we really need to move away from the idea that games can be only one genre. In TR's case, many of us believe that it can only be an adventure/puzzle game or something. But, that's the thing. The majority of the fanbase can easily accept that the game is an adventure and puzzle solving game, however, they seem very jittery when the subject of actually being able to shoot our own enemies comes up. Mind you, really no one in this particular thread has laid down these specific arguments, but I've seen them on this forum before and they were very common. I kind of expect to see them again, so I suppose I'm preparing myself....

Well, you certainly won't get that argument from me! The great advantage that gave TR1 it's initial fame and dominance was that it was a multi-genre game, with puzzles, exploring and shooting (And a heroine, sure, but that was only part of it!). Adventure-platformer-shooter, if you like. No TR game has EVER been single genre.

Combat has always been an integral part of TR. I would not be in favour of dumping combat, but by the same token I don't want to see it over-emphasised either.

I deliberately picked the centaur fight from Anniversary because it is the single most ludicrous example of massive boss overkill in any TR game. I doubt any PC gamer would ever want to go through anything like that again, and I'd be stunned if console gamers were much happier.

As I said before, I don't mind harder combat as long as it's not ludicrous. I just don't want TR to become primarily a shooter.

(Also finding it a bit weird that anyone would want to take the combat out entirely... Anyone wanting Adventure/Puzzlers should be playing Broken Sword or something... And I'm not knocking the BS games, BTW. I love them myself. But I don't want to see Lara become 'Nico Collard 2')

WinterSoldierLTE
3rd Jul 2011, 22:02
I personaly thought the combat system/moves in CD's TRs was/is great. Works for me, anyways. But I'm one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" types when it comes to the not-so important aspects of a game. Yeah, obviously the combat IS important, but there are other priorities in my eyes (story, level layout, for example). But no, I'm not one of those "TR can ONLY be puzzles and exploration!" types. I like a good combo of combat, puzzles, and exploring. If I wanted combat only, I'd just play "GunGrave" or something like that, and those who DO only want combat can do the same.

You know, that's one of the things I find fascinating about TR as a series: They've sold millions of copies, but there's still millions of people who don't realize TR has different gaming elements to it. Interesting how people pick up on one, go "Ah, it's a puzzle game!" and either don't catch onto, or just ignore, all the other elements. And let's not forget the RPG aspects of "A.O.D.". No one ever talks about that (that I've seen, anyways. I could be wrong) for some reason. Can't say as I miss that tho, to be honest.

JRod108
3rd Jul 2011, 22:43
My desire for manual combat isn't really tied to the combat being broken. Rather, it is a desire from observations that TR doesn't have to be easy in terms of combat. It could be better. TRU was shockingly easy on even the hardest difficulty in terms of combat. My reasoning is tied to my wish to make the game enjoyable on all counts. Just because TR is largely a puzzle/adventure game, doesn't mean that the combat has to be neglected. I actually think that the combat works too well considering how unchallenging it can be. My desire for manual combat is only tied to a desire to make the game as fantastic as it can be. :)

Driber
4th Jul 2011, 20:25
^ added

That's already your 12th vote, adobeARTIST. Added, but keep in mind what I wrote earlier about excessive voting.

AdobeArtist
5th Jul 2011, 02:54
What can I say Driber? I know what the series needs. :cool::p

Danielsun_
5th Jul 2011, 21:02
What can I say Driber? I know what the series needs. :cool::p

oi oi, someone is letting their artistic power go their head. dont fall to the dark side :p

Icetea555
5th Jul 2011, 22:06
I would really like to see theses 3 wishes of mines to be added in the Wish List. I did not see these ones in there.

My Wish: Lara Croft to have her backpack
My Wish: Lara Croft to have red streaks in her hair
My Wish: Is for the game to take up to 2 weeks or 1 week to beat

Elliot Kane
5th Jul 2011, 23:50
No offence Icetea, but that '1-2 weeks to beat' thing really depends on how many hours a day someone plays. A really busy person might get 3-4 hours playing time a week, if that, while someone with a lot of time on their hands might play obsessively for many hours a day.

It's possible to beat many of the longest RPGs in two weeks, and those things run for around 100 hours or more.

I think asking for that size game might be a little unrealistic...

AdobeArtist
6th Jul 2011, 02:00
oi oi, someone is letting their artistic power go their head. dont fall to the dark side :p

It was too late for me a loooooong time ago :naughty::naughty:

Driber
6th Jul 2011, 08:08
added your first wish, IceTea

laracrofty1
6th Jul 2011, 12:51
my wish- remove the rain spots from the screen
the player is Lara so she can't see behind her!

my wish- that Lara remembers her basic training on her FIRST ADVENTURE with experienced archaeologist-adventurer Werner Von Croy TR4

My wish -when Lara is in water that some of the blood and dirt comes off her after all that is natural

my wish- some mode of transport maybe a wild horse that she can brake in.

my wish - a good ending seeing her safely home planning her next adventure

laracrofty1
6th Jul 2011, 14:20
my votes wish 1,4,8,13,23,33,41,46,& 47

Driber
6th Jul 2011, 14:27
added

A wild horse to break in, now that's a very nice original idea :thumbsup:

Elliot Kane
6th Jul 2011, 15:03
New wishes! I'll use the same format as before:

Wish #47: Lara Croft to have her backpack

I figure this is likely a 'next game' thing, but I'm honestly neutral on the issue. Seeing how she got it in TR4 was cool, and seeing her find it 'again for the first time', as it were, would be cool, too. Not a major wish of mine, though.

Wish #48: remove the rain spots from the screen. the player is Lara so she can't see behind her!

Again, I am neutral on this idea. No strong feelings for or against.

Wish #49: that Lara remembers her basic training on her FIRST ADVENTURE with experienced archaeologist-adventurer Werner Von Croy TR4

Not gonna happen and we know it isn't gonna happen. This is Lara's very first foray into the unknown, and the scared girl we saw in the promo trailer for the new TR has nothing whatsoever in common with the wisecracking and utterly cool girl who we saw at the start of TR4. That Lara would never panic. She'd have been incredibly curious and eager to find out what was going on - and probably looking for someone to kick for tying her up like that.

Wish #50: when Lara is in water that some of the blood and dirt comes off her after all that is natural

Makes sense, but nothing I'd consider a major wish.

Wish #51: some mode of transport maybe a wild horse that she can brake in.

This idea I love, honestly. Not sure how well it'd work on a jungle island, but definitely hold onto that thought! It's so very Lara and Id love to see something like this in a future game - one with a larger explorable area.

Wish #52: a good ending seeing her safely home planning her next adventure

I want the 'safely home' part. Not so sure about the 'planning her next adventure' part. I'd kind of like to see her driven to it. Possibly by the family finances not being able to support the huge house any more without some new funds, but anything that gives her a motivation beyond thrill seeking.

JRod108
6th Jul 2011, 15:14
The horse idea is the only one that's really grabbed my interest.... Like Elliot said, the water cleaning would probably be there and I don't really care if Lara finds her backpack in this game. I don't know, I think I may wait for the time when it's closer to send the list off to make my final wishes. That way I can really determine what are the most important wishes, in my eyes that is.

d1n0_xD
6th Jul 2011, 15:37
I like the horse idea too, but again, if there's no backtracking(long distances), we don't need a horse. But, I would love to see a level where you (kinda like Legend) are on a horse and those creeps are jumping out of nowhere and you shoot/kill them :D Just an idea where a horse could be useful xD

Falcon
6th Jul 2011, 15:45
My top 5 wishes:

Wish #1
Wish #4
Wish #8
Wish #23
Wish #51

Thanx!

d1n0_xD
6th Jul 2011, 15:47
My wish: Wish#51 - Wild horse thingy ^^

Driber
6th Jul 2011, 15:59
I like that wild horse breaking in idea as well, I'll probably give it my vote when the list is about to be finished.

Although a horse on such an island would kind of seem out of place. Perhaps you guys can think of other animals which Lara could tame and ride, I could then add it to the list of options of wish #51.

I'm thinking a wild boar (would be also a nice wink to one of Lara's past games where wild boars were running into her and making her lose health).

I'll add wild boar for now :)

JRod108
6th Jul 2011, 16:04
Perhaps the horse and boar were survivors of past shipwrecks. Wouldn't surprise me if they were part of the cargo. If we went with that line of reasoning, then there could easily be cats or perhaps a few dogs on the island as well. Who knows what kinds of things were on the other ships.

d1n0_xD
6th Jul 2011, 16:46
Imagine Lara on a wild boar, yeeeeehaaaaa XD I never heard of riding them xD
The only animals I can think of are reindeer or a yak, but they are for colder environments.
A horse seems a logical solution, I mean, there were some cannibals on that island, perhaps they have a horse or two. :D

Odonata
6th Jul 2011, 17:04
My wish:Have Lara start with a braid.

I think she should start out with a braid. I know this is a "reboot" of sorts but I think it would be a cool reference to the original Lara. Througout the game the braid comes undone and becomes the new Lara's ponytail.

Elliot Kane
6th Jul 2011, 18:05
All it takes is the right ship to be wrecked, and lo, instant horse!

Problem is that a single animal, of whatever type, will need quite some explaining. A horse herd gives many options (Not the least of which is a replacement if the worst happens), but once again doesn't really fit with the environment.

A herd of horses descended from the survivors of a shipwreck during the attempted Mongol invasion of Japan has distinct possibilities, though. After all, an entire fleet was lost there! (Or maybe two. I forget).

So I'm going with Mongol steppe ponies.

JRod108
6th Jul 2011, 18:13
All it takes is the right ship to be wrecked, and lo, instant horse!

Problem is that a single animal, of whatever type, will need quite some explaining. A horse herd gives many options (Not the least of which is a replacement if the worst happens), but once again doesn't really fit with the environment.

A herd of horses descended from the survivors of a shipwreck during the attempted Mongol invasion of Japan has distinct possibilities, though. After all, an entire fleet was lost there! (Or maybe two. I forget).

So I'm going with Mongol steppe ponies.

Yes, that's what I meant, herds of horses and boars and packs of wild dogs/wolves and whatever a group of cats are. :)

Elliot Kane
6th Jul 2011, 19:26
A group of cats... Probably an 'ego of cats' or possibly a 'fight of cats' :D

AdobeArtist
6th Jul 2011, 21:50
A group of cats... Probably an 'ego of cats' or possibly a 'fight of cats' :D

Better yet, THUNDERCATS!! Hoooooooooooooo :nut::nut:

Elliot Kane
6th Jul 2011, 23:10
Or that! :D

JRod108
7th Jul 2011, 06:10
Aha! A group of cats are called a clowder or pounce (http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/about/faqs/animals/names.htm).:D

So, perhaps there will be clowders of cats on the island, decended from mousers on some of those ships.

Icetea555
7th Jul 2011, 06:39
Thank you for adding my fist wish. I really appreciate it.

Elliot Kane
7th Jul 2011, 08:28
I wonder how they persuade enough cats to hang out together to make a group? They're not exactly pack animals...

Driber
7th Jul 2011, 12:20
Perhaps the horse and boar were survivors of past shipwrecks.

Ah, good thinking!

Imagine Lara on a wild boar, yeeeeehaaaaa XD I never heard of riding them xD

Been done in many games already.

k_Dc-LjkkfQ&start=72s

(Just mute the annoying audio :whistle:)

d1n0_xD
7th Jul 2011, 12:45
Well, yeah, I've seen them in animes too, but do people ride them in real life? (sorry if it's a stupid question XD)

And anyways, didn't we see Lara on a horse in concept art? :D

Driber
7th Jul 2011, 14:16
A horse could work just as well, with the shipwrecked idea, indeed.

Just threw the hog idea out there. I think a hog would be more original than a horse, hehe.

Well, yeah, I've seen them in animes too

Let me guess, in Bleach? :D

Driber
7th Jul 2011, 14:29
added

laracrofty1
7th Jul 2011, 15:45
added

A wild horse to break in, now that's a very nice original idea :thumbsup:
Thanks for adding my wishes I thought the horse would be good, pleanty of water and some rope she would have a horse broken in in no time!

d1n0_xD
7th Jul 2011, 15:51
Let me guess, in Bleach? :D

Correct! :thumb: hahaha :D

Elliot Kane
7th Jul 2011, 17:12
Giving a whole new meaning to 'high on the hog' :D

Seriously, though, outside of fantasy, I don't think boars would be trainable for riding. The best you might do is 'jump on and hope', but dismounting is likely to be a fatal experience.

sierra xb
7th Jul 2011, 19:54
sorry, couldn't keep it to 5, so here's my top 6 wishes...
wish #01
wish #02
wish #15
wish #33
wish #38
wish #39

IvanaKC
7th Jul 2011, 20:07
My wish: #45 of the list in the first post
My wish: #46 of the list in the first post
My wish: #48 of the list in the first post
My wish: #50 of the list in the first post
My wish: #53 of the list in the first post

sierra xb
8th Jul 2011, 01:50
I suspect these are already in the game, anyway. That axe-thing Lara's got in some of the pics looks pretty wicked...

just in case no one caught it, it is an ice-climbing axe used for mountaineering

Elliot Kane
8th Jul 2011, 02:22
just in case no one caught it, it is an ice-climbing axe used for mountaineering

Perfect for delivering spiky death, then! :D

sierra xb
8th Jul 2011, 02:30
Perfect for delivering spiky death, then! :D

A perfect dual-purpose tool for Lara...good for dealing with those pesky islanders AND for climbing cliffs (which I understand may be a game feature).

d1n0_xD
8th Jul 2011, 06:00
Yes, yes, it's a multi-tool, and will be given to Lara at the start of the game, and it will be of use during the entire game :D

Driber
8th Jul 2011, 07:17
added

Elliot Kane
8th Jul 2011, 10:44
New wish:

Wish #53: Have Lara start with a braid

Another wish I am neutral on. It would be a wonderful nod to the past, but I can't recall the last time I saw a young woman wearing a single braid like that here in England. Plus I wouldn't consider it an essential wish - at least not to me!

I'm more concerned by her eyes looking green in the trailer...

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
8th Jul 2011, 10:45
I'm wondering...

Shouldn't the points 8 and 9 be combined? One covers the subject of "controls", the other "taking advantage of the platform's strengths". I think it would be better to combine those two into one, like "take advantage of the PC in terms of graphics and controls". Right now, it feels like the subject has been artificially divided.
What do you guys/gals think?

dark7angel
8th Jul 2011, 10:51
New wish:

Another wish I am neutral on. It would be a wonderful nod to the past, but I can't recall the last time I saw a young woman wearing a single braid like that here in England. Plus I wouldn't consider it an essential wish - at least not to me!

I'm also neutral on whatever Lara's hairdo is. I don't really care if she has a ponytail, a braid or something else, as long as it's long and brown.

As for young women wearing a single braid, I have to say I'm 22 (23 in 2 weeks!) and I wear a single braid a lot!!! Specially in the Summer 'cause my hair is quite long!!! :p

As for her eyes, according to Senior Art Director Brian Horton, Lara's eyes are a complex brown! The only reason they look greenish in parts of the trailer is due to lightning effects and reflections! So don't worry, Lara's eyes are still brown!!!

Elliot Kane
8th Jul 2011, 11:18
Phaid,

I considered making the 'take advantage of PC' as a single wish, but I split it for two reasons: firstly for the sake of clarity, as something like 'make the PC version as good for PC as it can be' could be taken so many different ways; and secondly the two issues would be extremely different from both a technical and gameplay perspective.

As an obvious example, the way Lara swims in Underworld is the ONLY time in the entire franchise that proper swimming controls have been created for PC. Legend and Anniversary are both, frankly, rubbish.

Enhanced graphics are just a 'make it pretty' option. I'd like them, but they are nowhere near as important to me as not having to press half a dozen buttons where all I should have to do is tilt the mouse.

If CD really want to wow PC gamers, they need to be looking at Witcher 2, not at the consoles, which are five years out of date by PC standards. 'Great' console graphics are simply average on a modern PC, and they'll be even less impressive by the time the new TR game hits.

But at the end of the day, graphics are cosmetic. PC gamers may or may not want the kind of graphics a top end PC can produce (Not everyone can run Witcher 2 at top settings, for example, because it's that advanced). Every PC gamer will want proper PC controls.

Thus, two wishes :)

dark7angel,

Not saying women in other parts of the world don't wear braids, just that it's rare in England, right now :)

And thanks for the note on the eyes. Whatever else changes, I think Lara's hair & eye colour should be respected :)

JRod108
8th Jul 2011, 14:29
Giving a whole new meaning to 'high on the hog' :D

Seriously, though, outside of fantasy, I don't think boars would be trainable for riding. The best you might do is 'jump on and hope', but dismounting is likely to be a fatal experience.

If they do include boars, then they should be a force to be reckoned with. Living in Texas, which has the worst wild boar infestation in all of America, you learn very quickly that you should stay far away from them. Indeed, I would rather be mauled to death by dogs then boars....

Elliot Kane
8th Jul 2011, 14:52
Boars were hunted in medieval times because they were incredibly dangerous prey and potentially lethal. And that was to people in chain mail!

An unarmoured person with no weapons would not do half so well, I suspect...

Odonata
8th Jul 2011, 19:08
New wish:

That suggestion was mine. I thought of it as more of an homage(sp?) to the "old" Lara because I'm such a huge fan of the originals. My idea was as the game progressed, especially in the begining, her braid comes undone and she's left with a ponytail like our "new" Lara. It really wasn't about "in" hairstyles.:)

Elliot Kane
8th Jul 2011, 19:24
I remember when I first got TR2 I was so fascinated by the way Lara's braid moved when I made her do a sideways flip that I spent about half an hour just flipping her and watching the braid...

A lot easier to impress with graphics in those days! :)

Driber
8th Jul 2011, 19:26
lol, I like your location, Odonata :lol:

JRod108
8th Jul 2011, 19:49
Boars were hunted in medieval times because they were incredibly dangerous prey and potentially lethal. And that was to people in chain mail!

An unarmoured person with no weapons would not do half so well, I suspect...

You suspect correctly. Even dogs bred for boar hunting wear protective padding. They can gut you like nothing else.

Icetea555
9th Jul 2011, 14:17
This is why I wanted this wish I know it will never be put on the wish list

My Wish: Is for the game to take 1 week or 2 weeks to beat.

And hear is why I wanted this:
I know that a lot of people are busy with their lives. I lot of us have work every day always running here and there. We all have stuff that we do after work to. whether it is at home with our family, having a relationship with someone, or just hanging out with friends. We all have really busy lives even me. I know it may seem like you will walk away from the game for a long time that you may forget the story line or where you was at, but I know you will not because your brain will always be able to pick up where you left off even if it takes a half an hour of you to just sit there and play the game it will eventually all come back to you. I would know this because I do this a lot.

My point is that It takes the game company about a year to a year and a half to produce and make a game for realize. So, for me I rather have a long game than a short one. One thing is that if a game takes you a week or two to beat you will be able to beat it and plenty of time before the next realize. You have a year to a year in a half before the next realize so just calm down. You most likely will beat the game two to three times before next game gets realize, and you will have something to do while the company is at hard work making the next Tomb Raider game for us. Plus the longer the game the better the replay vale is.

yes, this is my reason for wanting the game to take one to two weeks to beat. I rather have a long game than a short one.

This is also why I really wanted this wish of mind to be posted up to. I know it will not be added to the wish list I just wanted to explain why I wanted a longer game rather than a shot one.

please read all of it before giving feedback.

Odonata
9th Jul 2011, 14:36
lol, I like your location, Odonata :lol:

Thanks Driber:D
Because of recent events in my life, I've had to resort to residing in a state of denial to keep my sanity:nut:

Elliot Kane
9th Jul 2011, 17:14
I think you'd do better voting for my '15 hour minimum' wish then, Icetea, honestly. Like I say, you just can't assume everyone has the same amount of free time.

Game development cycles these days are getting a lot longer, too. A game that takes 'only' a year and a half is likely a rushed mess. If you want a truly triple A title, it's likely to take somewhere closer to 3-4 years.

Indeed, Underworld was released in 2008 and the new TR will (Hopefully!) be a 2012 release, which somewhat proves my point, if only by one example.

I don't like the trend for shorter games any more than you do, especially given the rise in prices that goes along with it. I just figure I'd rather pick a clear target no-one could say was unreasonable rather than pick a battle that can't be won :)

Icetea555
9th Jul 2011, 19:52
My wish: #21 of the list in the first post

If any one wants Lara Croft backpack to come back in the game vote for my wish #47

All I can hope for now is that the game take more than a day or two to beat.

IceRainbow
9th Jul 2011, 20:47
My wish # 21 in the first post of the list Although I'd like the game Longer than that because actually want to replay it more that 3 times without getting bored.
My wish # 47 in the first post of the list
My wish # 4 in the first post of the list
My wish # 52 in the first post of the list
My wish: # 29 in the first post of the list
My wish: # 45 in the first post of the list
My wish: # 27 in the first post of the list
My Wish: # 42 in the first post of the list

My Wish: Lara to have longer hair.
My Wish: For Lara to have have a real scream when Falling to her death, because Lara never really ever just accepted death. We knew Lara wanted to Live.

Driber
11th Jul 2011, 19:44
Will add the latest wishes later when I have more time, but I just wanted to point out to everyone that it seems you guys can stop voting for "faster travel".

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1633320#post1633320

laracrofty1
14th Jul 2011, 07:09
This is why I wanted this wish I know it will never be put on the wish list

My Wish: Is for the game to take 1 week or 2 weeks to beat.

And hear is why I wanted this:
I know that a lot of people are busy with their lives. I lot of us have work every day always running here and there. We all have stuff that we do after work to. whether it is at home with our family, having a relationship with someone, or just hanging out with friends. We all have really busy lives even me. I know it may seem like you will walk away from the game for a long time that you may forget the story line or where you was at, but I know you will not because your brain will always be able to pick up where you left off even if it takes a half an hour of you to just sit there and play the game it will eventually all come back to you. I would know this because I do this a lot.

My point is that It takes the game company about a year to a year and a half to produce and make a game for realize. So, for me I rather have a long game than a short one. One thing is that if a game takes you a week or two to beat you will be able to beat it and plenty of time before the next realize. You have a year to a year in a half before the next realize so just calm down. You most likely will beat the game two to three times before next game gets realize, and you will have something to do while the company is at hard work making the next Tomb Raider game for us. Plus the longer the game the better the replay vale is.

yes, this is my reason for wanting the game to take one to two weeks to beat. I rather have a long game than a short one.

This is also why I really wanted this wish of mind to be posted up to. I know it will not be added to the wish list I just wanted to explain why I wanted a longer game rather than a shot one.

please read all of it before giving feedback.

I have to agree with you IceTea, I know that you don't mean playing the game constantly for 2 weeks but like in TR2 when you did finish a level it told you how long it took you to finish it. of course some will finish quicker than others, one guy on YouTube has a video walk through for UW and he claims he beat the game after 3 days - he must have been bog eyed by the end of it and to me that would be no joy 3 days after all that waiting for a new game and of course that was 2008 so he has to wait 4 years for the next one.

so yes I think Your Wish: Is for the game to take 1 week or 2 weeks to beat.:cool:
should be added as in real time play explained above!

Driber
14th Jul 2011, 09:56
^ Like I said before, "2 weeks" is too ambiguous. Depending on how long you play each day, that could mean anything from 3.5 hours to 70 hours total game time. This wish is really useless information to developers. Use hours instead.

All other wishes added.

Icetea555
15th Jul 2011, 03:15
Oh, I get it now I need to say how many hours I want the game to take to beat.

My wish: is for the game to take up to 100 hours to 300 hours to beat.

I know this sounds long but like I already explained you have about a year to a year and a half for the next game to come out. Which gives you plenty of time to beat the game. Even if you only play an hour or two each day. You will still beat the game with plenty of time before the next one comes out.

sorry about the misunderstanding.

Driber
15th Jul 2011, 07:45
Very unrealistic wish. Not even FF games take that long to finish. Added nonetheless.

d1n0_xD
15th Jul 2011, 07:54
I posted this in the wishlist thread, and I deleted it to post here:
there's a new wish, like 100-300 hours to finish the game.
That's just long, that's like some hardcore RPG xD 30+ hours sounds reasonable enough. (by this I mean actual gameplay time, you know, without getting stuck on a level for 5 hours not knowing what to do xD Imagine you already beat the game, and you replay it just to see how long it is, you already know all the puzzles, everything, and you need 30+ hours to finish it)

IvanaKC
15th Jul 2011, 11:13
I posted this in the wishlist thread, and I deleted it to post here:
there's a new wish, like 100-300 hours to finish the game.
That's just long, that's like some hardcore RPG xD 30+ hours sounds reasonable enough. (by this I mean actual gameplay time, you know, without getting stuck on a level for 5 hours not knowing what to do xD Imagine you already beat the game, and you replay it just to see how long it is, you already know all the puzzles, everything, and you need 30+ hours to finish it)

I would vote for that :thumb:

IvanaKC
15th Jul 2011, 12:03
My wish: Lara's pants torn to shorts and 2 pistols washed on to the shore near the end of the game (or post game cheat mode)

All credits for that wish go to sierra xb, I just wrote it down. :)

Elliot Kane
15th Jul 2011, 12:59
Wish #54: Lara to have longer hair.

I don't mind either way with this one. Long gone are the days when I'd move her about just to watch her hair move. Well... maybe... :D

Wish #55: For Lara to have have a real scream when Falling to her death, because Lara never really ever just accepted death. We knew Lara wanted to Live.

This is a little... disturbing. No offence to the wisher, but I'm really not keen on this idea.

Wish #56: for the game to take from 100 hours to 300 hours to beat.

The first time I played Baldur's Gate, which is undoubtedly the longest RPG ever made, it took me something like 112 hours to finish. If that. With Tales Of The Sword Coast added, but knowing what I am doing, it probably takes somewhere around a hundred hours, still.

First time through Dragon Age: Origins took me around 75 hours tops. Baldur's Gate 2 around the same.

But I'm sure you guys see what I'm driving at, here. Even in a genre as complex and multi-layered as RPGs, there are no 300 hour games. There are precious few 100 hour games.

In other genres, unless you count multiple replays of something like Total War with all factions, games rarely reach half that length. Even if we all voted for this, it ain't happening.

It's not just an unrealistic ask, however, it's also unreasonable. Even the longest of the old TR games are, what, 40-50 hours? Including the running around trying to work out what the flip to do next parts, which usually add at least 5 hours to the whole thing, if not longer...

Now, I have yet to meet anyone who complained that a game was too long. I have met plenty of people who gave up on a game that was padded to heck and back and thus intensely boring. And, with the best will in the world, 300 hours play would include a massive amount of padding because no story can run that long.

No offence to the wisher, but I should think it would be possible to finish every previous TR game back to back in 300 hours, or pretty close.

It's not that I don't love the idea of a 300 hour game. It's just that I don't see any possible way it's feasible to get a good game that would last that long.

Driber
15th Jul 2011, 13:58
that sounds like 2 separate wishes

isn't it better to split those and as for the second part, just add it to Wish #04?

Andy64
15th Jul 2011, 20:20
Can we still have the first part of Ivana's wish and I vote for it

My wish: Lara's pants torn to shorts

Add My wish 24 and 32

Icetea555
15th Jul 2011, 22:11
Thanks for adding my wish.

But 100 to 300 hours is only about 5 days to 13 days if you play 24hrs a day. for 300 hours it will only take you about 75 days to beat the game if you only play 4 hours a day. And for 100 hours it will only take 25 days to beat the game if you only play for 4 hours.

The old FF7, FF8, FF9 will actually take you a longer time to beat than the newer sorter FF games.

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
16th Jul 2011, 09:49
Having browsed through the wishlist, I've decided to add just one more. Hope it's OK and I'm allowed to do that.

My wish: #24 of the list in the first post.

IvanaKC
16th Jul 2011, 13:25
that sounds like 2 separate wishes

isn't it better to split those and as for the second part, just add it to Wish #04?

yes, that would be better.

so new wish is:

My wish: Lara's pants torn to shorts

Driber
16th Jul 2011, 16:22
all done

Elliot Kane
18th Jul 2011, 12:51
Wish #57: Lara's pants torn to shorts

I like this one. It makes a lot of sense. But not enough to vote for it. Sorry.

dark7angel
18th Jul 2011, 14:56
Wish #57: Lara's pants torn to shorts

I like this one. It makes a lot of sense. But not enough to vote for it. Sorry.

I agree with you! This idea is really cool and makes sense, but for some reason I don't feel like it's something I'll vote for... I don't know...

LadyRufina
18th Jul 2011, 15:11
Her boobies are big enough the way they are thank you! Any bigger and she'll start to be unrealistic again...

laracrofty1
19th Jul 2011, 08:27
My wish- Lara's history to be included in the booklet that comes with the game in the disc box
My Wish - Lara starts with her hair loose then as the game progresses she ties it up

my Votes For - wish 57
my Votes against - wish 40, 42

Also just wondering why my wish 51 a boar has been added I never said that, can you see Lara Croft on a pig? Please get real!
the reason I wanted a horse was it would be different and also if Roth is injured as we have been told that Lara can make a stretcher to get him to a safe place

Driber
19th Jul 2011, 11:33
wishes and votes added.

boar was added to 51 as a suggestion (see discussion thread); the votes in that wish count for the wish, not the actual suggestions. if that wish makes the final cut, I'll make that more clear, but it most likely won't, as CD already announced they have their own ideas on fast travel and that a horse will not be part of it

laracrofty1
19th Jul 2011, 11:54
wishes and votes added.

boar was added to 51 as a suggestion (see discussion thread); the votes in that wish count for the wish, not the actual suggestions. if that wish makes the final cut, I'll make that more clear, but it most likely won't, as CD already announced they have their own ideas on fast travel and that a horse will not be part of it

Thanks Driber,
Pity about the horse.
cheers
Mary:wave:

Icetea555
19th Jul 2011, 21:40
Dear

Driber

If you don't mind I would like to change my wish #56 to a more realistic answer.
Wish #56: is for the game to take up to 100 hours to 300 hours to beat.

My Wish for #56: to be change to this: (this is the old wish)

My wish: is for the game to take 70 hours or a 100 hours to beat.

If you don't mind would you change that to my more realistic wish. Maybe it would get some votes this way.

LadyRufina
19th Jul 2011, 22:03
Please please please take away that awful-looking earing it makes her look like she's trying to be cool and fit in the crowd and it doesn't look good on her...

TRULover2389
19th Jul 2011, 22:38
This may be too many wishes but w/e lol
My Wish:# 26, 27, 37, 2, 15, 13 on list

My Wish:# 39 on list, or levels playable during middle of game
My Wish: DLC to either other parts of the island or after the endgame
My Wish: be able to watch the important cinematics/cutscenes whenever wanted like with Tomb Raider Legend
My Wish: upgrade weapons
My Wish: background codexes on a pda like with underworld but more useful and interesting like with such games as assassins creed 2 or the Mass effect games.....more on the island and its creatures, character bios est....

Hopefully that isnt too much... thanks for caring and reading

sierra xb
20th Jul 2011, 07:02
I just spotted something interesting in a discussion on another forum, and had an idea for another wish...it's not very likely, but I thought i'd throw it out there...

My Wish:have a replica of Lara's green jade necklace available as a bonus for pre-orders of the game

Driber
20th Jul 2011, 08:09
^ ohhh nice one. I agree, that's not likely, but maybe something for a special collector's edition :)

all wishes added

laracrofty1
20th Jul 2011, 11:04
My Wish - that Eidos and Robert Tonner get together again and bring out a new Lara Croft doll.

Driber
20th Jul 2011, 12:14
What does that have to do with the new game?

Elliot Kane
20th Jul 2011, 13:20
More new wishes!

Wish #58: Lara's history to be included in the booklet that comes with the game in the disc box

Like this one. Taking it as read, though, as every TR game has done so up to now.

Wish #59: Lara starts with her hair loose then as the game progresses she ties it up

Don't mind either way. It'd add more play time for me personally, though, as I'd surely move her about just to watch the hair move.

Wish #60: DLC to either other parts of the island or after the endgame

Only if it's free and available on all platforms.

Wish #61: be able to watch the important cinematics/cutscenes whenever wanted like with Tomb Raider Legend

I like this one, too. Again, though, not vital to me.

Wish #62: upgrade weapons

Not bothered. A balanced game is more important than weapon power.

Wish #63: background codexes on a pda like with underworld but more useful and interesting like with such games as assassins creed 2 or the Mass effect games.....more on the island and its creatures, character bios est....

More proper RPG stuff! Not gonna hate that if it happens, either. Dragon Age: Origins codex is probably the best version I've seen, though. Huge, but quite easy to find stuff.

Wish #64: have a replica of Lara's green jade necklace available as a bonus for pre-orders of the game

Would be kinda cool, but I think Driber has the right of it - this is more a Special Edition bonus. Unless the thing was cheap plastic (No!) it would likely add to the costs a bit.

sierra xb
20th Jul 2011, 15:36
Wish #64: have a replica of Lara's green jade necklace available as a bonus for pre-orders of the game

Would be kinda cool, but I think Driber has the right of it - this is more a Special Edition bonus. Unless the thing was cheap plastic (No!) it would likely add to the costs a bit.

You are right, that makes more sense, but either way I'd want it, even if it costs a bit more, or was even available as a special order

Elliot Kane
20th Jul 2011, 16:58
I think it would make a great merchandising thing, Sierra, I have to admit. It is a very cool looking necklace, and I suspect a lot of people who are not even TR fans would be tempted to get it.

sierra xb
20th Jul 2011, 19:54
I think it would make a great merchandising thing, Sierra, I have to admit. It is a very cool looking necklace, and I suspect a lot of people who are not even TR fans would be tempted to get it.

well I know I would definitely like to have one, and it would take up alot less space in a box than a t-shirt :)Actually, they could just put a redeemable coupon or something in the box along with the game (special edition, of course).

LadyRufina
21st Jul 2011, 08:50
I know it sounds like we're getting too picky now and it probably won't happen but I really don't like the hoop earring in Lara's ear, it makes her look like she's trying to fit in with the crowd and look cool and it just doesn't look good on her.

dark7angel
21st Jul 2011, 09:06
I know it sounds like we're getting too picky now and it probably won't happen but I really don't like the hoop earring in Lara's ear, it makes her look like she's trying to fit in with the crowd and look cool and it just doesn't look good on her.

I honestly think it looks great on her!!!! :cool:

laracrofty1
21st Jul 2011, 09:37
What does that have to do with the new game?
I thought it would be nice for the collectors edition, the Tonner doll was and still is one of the most popular dolls on the gaming market I should know I sold them.

width='200'

width='200'

sierra xb
21st Jul 2011, 15:41
ok, I have another one...

My wish: to have weather events (rain, snow, etc.) that actually affect Lara's environment like reduced grip on cliffs and handholds and less traction on potentially slippery surfaces. Could be overcome by faster movements or a "save" button?

PS3 Deb H
21st Jul 2011, 17:47
I wish that my vote be added to wish 64 please Driber. I really want that neckless :)

Thanks !

Driber
21st Jul 2011, 19:34
laracrofty1, I really don't see what that has to do with the game developers and why that information would be of any use to them

others added

I also added "or as part of a special collector's edition" to # 64, to increase the chances of this wish being picked up, as it's most likely not going to happen for pre-orders

sierra xb
21st Jul 2011, 19:53
I also added "or as part of a special collector's edition" to # 64, to increase the chances of this wish being picked up, as it's most likely not going to happen for pre-orders

Sweet, thanks Driber :)

IvanaKC
21st Jul 2011, 20:19
My wish: #63 of the list in the first post

My wish: #65 of the list in the first post

d1n0_xD
21st Jul 2011, 20:26
My wish: #63 of the list in the first post

My wish: #65 of the list in the first post

Count me in for these too :D

Elliot Kane
21st Jul 2011, 20:36
New wishes:

Wish #64: have a replica of Lara's green jade necklace available as a bonus for pre-orders of the game or as part of a special collector's edition

This would be rather cool, for an SE. I also think it would be a fantastic idea for merchandising in connection with the game, and might even work better, there.

Wish #65: to have weather events (rain, snow, etc.) that actually affect Lara's environment like reduced grip on cliffs and handholds and less traction on potentially slippery surfaces. Could be overcome by faster movements or a "save" button?

Definitely not keen on this idea. It's the old 'needs three hands' thing again.

As a side note: anatomically correct Lara dolls?!? What will they think of next! :D

Driber
21st Jul 2011, 20:40
I also think it would be a fantastic idea for merchandising in connection with the game, and might even work better, there.

Ah yes, and then ultimately also possibly for a future forum competition. Would be cool if we could get one of those necklaces to give away as a prize!

hmm..... :naughty:

Elliot Kane
21st Jul 2011, 20:42
Now THAT idea rules!

dark7angel
21st Jul 2011, 20:58
Ah yes, and then ultimately also possibly for a future forum competition. Would be cool if we could get one of those necklaces to give away as a prize!

hmm..... :naughty:

That would be awesome!!!!

Driber
21st Jul 2011, 21:55
Disclaimer: that was just me thinking out loud and not an actual promise that this will happen.

But if those things will be made, I'll definitely ask MM if we can reserve one for a competition :)

Elliot Kane
21st Jul 2011, 22:53
Well, you did say COULD, Driber. Assuming anyone ever even MAKES them. I certainly didn't take it as any kind of promise, and I'm sure no-one else did, either :)

Driber
22nd Jul 2011, 06:45
I know, just wanted to throw that disclaimer out there, just in case...

In my experience, sometimes information gets misinterpreted very easily and then starts to get a life of its own :nut:

Elliot Kane
22nd Jul 2011, 12:06
True that... The last thing you'd want is a storm of 'But DRIBER said...!!!' coming back to bite you, somewhere down the line...

Driber
24th Jul 2011, 20:20
^ added

Attention everyone!

I've added some additional rules to the first post:

Please include your forum name, so that I can easily copy&paste it. Write the following at the very top of your post:

(replace "Driber" with your own forum name)

Also, please take the time to sort the numbers of your votes from small to big! Posting a list such as "I vote for #7, #43, #2, #55, #4, #99, #23" creates additional work for me and is not appreciated. Having to process such posts is time consuming for me, as I have to go back and forth through the list, while for you it just takes a few seconds to sort your list.

Driber
25th Jul 2011, 12:15

My wish: Putting a lot of manpower into ending the game with a truly epic grand finale - a long boss battle (multiple stages) followed by a LONG and breathtakingly beautiful ending FMV/cutscene as a reward for finishing the game. I'm talking FF-like epicness; they do game finales best ;)

^ added

^ Thanks, Driber :)

^ You're welcome, Driber :D

d1n0_xD
25th Jul 2011, 12:47
^ HHAHAHA :thumb: Well, I'll cast my vote for that :D

Forum name: d1n0_xD

My wish: wish #66 :D

dark7angel
25th Jul 2011, 13:14
Forum name: dark7angel

My wish: wish #66 from the list in the first post!

Elliot Kane
25th Jul 2011, 13:59
New wish

My wish: Putting a lot of manpower into ending the game with a truly epic grand finale - a long boss battle (multiple stages) followed by a LONG and breathtakingly beautiful ending FMV/cutscene as a reward for finishing the game. I'm talking FF-like epicness; they do game finales best

I have a horror of multi-stage boss battles since the ending of Overlord 2, which is, IMO, the most boring endgame fight of all time.

Like the cutscene ending idea, though.

This is two wishes in one, only one of which I actually like. Half a vote is not so good, I think... :D

Driber
25th Jul 2011, 15:24
Well it all depends on how you execute it, I guess. True, a ending battle can be made deliberately long with padding, which gets boring yeah. This is obviously not what I have in mind with my wish.

I referenced Final Fantasy, because the ending battles were truly awesome in those games. FF7 really topped them all; best game finale ever. It could take from half an hour to an hour to beat the final boss, where he is constantly changing shape and getting stronger as the battle progresses, but the way the developers of FF executed those end battles was really good. Though lasting long, it never got boring and had me on the edge of my seat throughout the whole battle, adrenaline pumping and everything.

This is what I wish for in an ending battle :)

TRU would be a good example of a bad ending. Too much padding; having to search all over the place where to go while the end boss was just "waiting" for you. TRA on the other hand, had a very good and satisfying end battle.

Driber
25th Jul 2011, 16:56
added

LadyRufina
25th Jul 2011, 17:17
I think the ending of Resident Evil 5 was agood ending. I wouldn't mind something like that. Where the bit where it looks like sheva is about to fall off the plane but chris saves her. Obviously not identical but maybe a moment where they're about to escape but something comes and is about to kill Roth but Lara gets there just in time and they make their escape...

And I want to make a wish (I don't know if this has been asked already): Flashbacks of her dad that wills her to go on sometimes. I already thought it happened where she is saved in the porthole on the cg trailer, I think it's her dead father that saved her in a state of unconsious willingness to survive. But something like that would be a good edition to the story...

LadyRufina
25th Jul 2011, 17:20
Forum name: LadyRufina

wish: A flashback of Lara's father that wills her to go on to survive at some point in the game or a bit where Lara thinks she is being saved by her father but it is just her unconsious mind willing her to go on.

d1n0_xD
25th Jul 2011, 17:40
I referenced Final Fantasy, because the ending battles were truly awesome in those games. FF7 really topped them all; best game finale ever. It could take from half an hour to an hour to beat the final boss, where he is constantly changing shape and getting stronger as the battle progresses, but the way the developers of FF executed those end battles was really good. Though lasting long, it never got boring and had me on the edge of my seat throughout the whole battle, adrenaline pumping and everything.

Yeah, and that feeling when you think: Finally, I beat it, and there's a huge twist :D But not like: "aw, man, this thing never dies" and you turn off the game, but more like: "aw, man, you are so dead!" *fire in the player's eyes as he runs towards the enemy (virtually of course, the player's just holding the 'forward' button)*

I make no sense haha :D

sierra xb
25th Jul 2011, 17:49
Yeah, and that feeling when you think: Finally, I beat it, and there's a huge twist :D But not like: "aw, man, this thing never dies" and you turn off the game, but more like: "aw, man, you are so dead!" *fire in the player's eyes as he runs towards the enemy (virtually of course, the player's just holding the 'forward' button)*

I make no sense haha :D

Yeah, i can totally relate to that...the final boss battle at the end of Onimusha 2 was like that...you feel like you can never get a break and get a good hit in on the bad guy, and it seemed to drag on forever. That one was also a multi-stage battle, and near the end of it, you aren't excited to be able to beat him, instead you are just like "I hope I have enough health packs to survive this".

Elliot Kane
25th Jul 2011, 18:12
Well it all depends on how you execute it, I guess. True, a ending battle can be made deliberately long with padding, which gets boring yeah. This is obviously not what I have in mind with my wish.

This is what I wish for in an ending battle :)

TRU would be a good example of a bad ending. Too much padding; having to search all over the place where to go while the end boss was just "waiting" for you. TRA on the other hand, had a very good and satisfying end battle.

Actually, I liked the ending of TRU. Had to work out what to do and where to go. Reminded me a bit of the ending of Last Revelation, which is probably my favourite TR ending.

I felt like I really had to work for the victory.

TRA I won't comment on as I got stuck half way up the verdammt grand pyramid. That whole section was a joke too far...

As for Final Fantasy, the scary thing is that the end battle is usually far from being the hardest in the game, which I'm not sure is ideal...

Driber
25th Jul 2011, 18:28
Well, you can't count the Omega Weapons for example, those are side quests which are supposed to be much harder than the ending battles; for the true die-hards going for 100% completion :whistle:

Apart from that, the ending battles were pretty tough for me. Though I haven't played the very latest one(s), so maybe they've gone soft lately, but the less recent ones were definitely quite difficult to beat.

Actually, I liked the ending of TRU. Had to work out what to do and where to go.

But you're already doing that throughout the game :lol:

Elliot Kane
25th Jul 2011, 18:35
Oh, they've never been easy. But compared to the mega-dragon in FF12, even Ultima Weapon is a wuss. Seriously, that thing was insane!

I do think FF get the end battle challenge level about right, I have to admit. It's never been either impossible or a walkover, which is a real accomplishment in an RPG series (OK, X-2 IS a total walkover if you've had to fight past the guardian, but still. That's one out of lots).

12 was the last I played, though.

Driber
25th Jul 2011, 18:50
OK, X-2 IS a total walkover

Lets not even speak of that piece of............fluff.

:whistle:

Elliot Kane
25th Jul 2011, 19:30
Lets not even speak of that piece of............fluff.

:whistle:

There WERE some good ideas in it, to be fair. The execution, on the other hand, was dreadful!

12 was the pinnacle in terms of both system & game play, though, IMO. Properly programmable minions and real time combat! :)

ParalyzingSilence
25th Jul 2011, 19:43
Forum name: ParalyzingSilence

My wish:#1
My wish:#2
My wish:#3
My wish:#10
My wish:#14
My wish:#23
My wish:#24
My wish:#29
My wish:#31
My wish:#41
My wish:#42
My wish:#45
My wish:#50
My wish:#55
My wish:#56
My wish:#59
My wish:#65
My wish:#66

My wish: For rocks/mountains that Lara would climb, she could occasionally slip or a piece of rock could fall off.
My wish: Tiny, tiny articles of clothing could rip whilst climbing or being attacked.

-------

I hope that's okay! Sorry if I went a little too far with the wishes and what not haha. xD I might add some more wishes if I think of any.

Thank you!! ^_^ xx

Driber
27th Jul 2011, 07:20
added

Elliot Kane
27th Jul 2011, 12:11
More wishes:

Wish #67: A flashback of Lara's father that wills her to go on to survive at some point in the game or a bit where Lara thinks she is being saved by her father but it is just her unconsious mind willing her to go on.

Nope. No offence to the wisher, but this could be confusing as heck to the player. If Lara is starting to hallucinate it's going to be a lot more than once, and why her Father? Do we even know what her Father is like in the new game?

Wish #68: For rocks/mountains that Lara would climb, she could occasionally slip or a piece of rock could fall off.

Ambivalent. I have no opinion here.

Wish #69: Tiny, tiny articles of clothing could rip whilst climbing or being attacked.

This one is already covered by 'realistic tearing', I think.

d1n0_xD
27th Jul 2011, 12:21
I don't know if I'm going offtopic here, but I would LOVE to see Lara hallucinating, but nothing like seeing her father xD (maybe she finds bad mushrooms or something), and then you go on a mission, but stuff's unreal (for a limited amount of time). I'd make a wish for this, but I don't know, the devs have an idea already about how they're gonna do it. But this would be pretty cool, you know, in the distant background you see a BIIIIG moon, scary trees trying to attack Lara, you know, that would be fun (of course, the trees can't harm Lara, because it's a hallucination, but she'd be scared to death XD) :D

hiMe
28th Jul 2011, 01:22
I pretty much agree with all of that...which is odd.

Wish 3 + 4 would be appreciated. No biggie though...ish...kinda.

hiMe
28th Jul 2011, 01:27
What like a good Metal Gear pyscho mantis moment?...
Or like Eternal Darkness?

Dunno if that would suit/match the gameplay. Slightly darker than intended. Although TOMB RAIDER does seem a bit dreary. Alas that is life -.-'
It would act as a nice spin off though.

I'm hoping some of the game play will be a bit like Metal Gear solid: Snake eater. Because that focuses alot on survival and stuff. But don't personally wanna see her rip into a snake...

ALSO: Please get rid of shine effect on characters. Makes them look plastic :(

Driber
28th Jul 2011, 06:50
please make your wishes in the correct format like described in the first post, thank you

Gemma_Darkmoon_
29th Jul 2011, 00:31
Forum name: GemmaDarkmoon

My wish:#4
My wish:#18
My wish:#24
My wish:#26
My wish:#32
My wish:#39
My wish:#45
My wish:#57

Does the 11 spaces in the reserved list mean the top 11 voted for will be submitted as the wishes to CD?

Driber
29th Jul 2011, 11:40
added

no, that's just a template for myself for adding new wishes. just ignore :)

DeniseNY
29th Jul 2011, 15:34
My Wish: Continuity in the timeline - If Lara is only 21 when TR9 takes place and she was born on 2/14/1968, the year must be 1989. How can she have an I-PHONE? Please keep the technology consistent with the year the events are taking place.

My Wish: No clunky camera angles like TR Legend! Add key mapping features if not already done.

My Wish: #1 of the list in the first post
My Wish: #4 of the list in the first post
My Wish: #5 of the list in the first post
My Wish: #8 of the list in the first post
My Wish: #12 of the list in the first post
My Wish: #13 of the list in the first post
My Wish: #26 of the list in the first post
My Wish: #27 of the list in the first post
My Wish: #29 of the list in the first post
My Wish: #47 of the list in the first post

IvanaKC
29th Jul 2011, 18:26
My wish: #68
My wish: #69

My wish: Make camera like in Tomb Raider Anniversary - camera wasn't locked up in any point, even if we were fighting or swimming (unlike TRU and TRL).

condittrich
3rd Aug 2011, 00:58
My wish: Portuguese subtitles..... :thumb:

TiagOliveira
3rd Aug 2011, 01:09
My wish: Release a Collector's Edition

TiagOliveira
3rd Aug 2011, 01:12
great ideia , we (portuguese fans) are a lot and for those who can't understand english very well is always a bit frustating

Irish
3rd Aug 2011, 01:30
Wish: #03 of the list in the first post.
Wish: #06 of the list in the first post.
Wish: #14 of the list in the first post.
Wish: #15 of the list in the first post.
Wish: #16 of the list in the first post.
Wish: #23 of the list in the first post.
Wish: #38 of the list in the first post.
Wish: #65 of the list in the first post.
My Wish: Be able to play when Lara is getting graduated, talk to others and stuff.

Forum name: Irish

Jersey
3rd Aug 2011, 04:06
My wish: #23 of the list in the first post
My wish: #42 of the list in the first post
My wish: #66 of the list in the first post

My wish: Portuguese subtitles (PT/BR)
My wish: Turn Lara's jumps more realistic. She looked like a frog in the gameplay.

(How could an inexperienced Lara, jumps so easily like showed in gameplay?!)

Forum name: Jersey

avenger
3rd Aug 2011, 05:04
My wish: #2 of the list in the first post.
My wish: #10 of the list in the first post.
My wish: #11 of the list in the first post.
My wish: #23 of the list in the first post.
My wish: #31 of the list in the first post.
My wish: #45 of the list in the first post.

My wish: Lara with no superhuman capabilities.

My wish: Lara hair untied, chest length, (optional style).

My wish: More stealth gameplay, less killing.

My wish: 'Beneath the ashes' costumes from TRU made unlockable.

My wish: Lara with 'Adriana Lima' physique, voluptuous but not exaggerated.

Treeble
3rd Aug 2011, 05:35
When I play Tomb Raider I like... what do you mean, "no"? :D

Forum name: Treeble

My wish: #7 of the list in the first post
My wish: #8 of the list in the first post
My wish: #9 of the list in the first post
My wish:#12 of the list in the first post
My wish:#13 of the list in the first post
My wish:#15 of the list in the first post
My wish:#17 of the list in the first post
My wish:#18 of the list in the first post
My wish:#21 of the list in the first post
My wish:#25 of the list in the first post
My wish:#26 of the list in the first post
My wish:#27 of the list in the first post
My wish:#30 of the list in the first post
My wish:#33 of the list in the first post
My wish:#37 of the list in the first post
My wish:#38 of the list in the first post
My wish:#39 of the list in the first post
My wish:#44 of the list in the first post
My wish:#47 of the list in the first post
My wish:#50 of the list in the first post
My wish:#58 of the list in the first post
My wish:#60 of the list in the first post
My wish:#61 of the list in the first post
My wish:#63 of the list in the first post
My wish:#64 of the list in the first post
My wish:#66 of the list in the first post

My wish: Release a complete official soundtrack, either to be sold separately or as part of the collector's edition.

Damn, that's a lot of wishes right there. If only a handful of these make it through I'll still be satisfied, especially the ones related to a collector's edition. PLEASE READ FURTHER BELOW.

What I do want desperately to happen is an impressive collector's edition AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLATFORMS AND ALL TERRITORIES. I hated how TRA and TRU CE were only available in Europe.

Tomb Raider has never had one that was amazing compared to other games, especially the ones being released this generation. Ramp up the price and make it worth the tag, include great physical extras and ingame goodies as well (such as the classic outfit, that would be a massive selling point. Of course, make it available for everyone else as a paid DLC 30 or 45 days after the game is released.) You can also throw in the comic book tie-in, which could be a one-shot but I'm still hoping for an all new comic book series.

There is so much potential for this with this game, please don't waste it. :)

Thanks.

LaraCroftFanForever
3rd Aug 2011, 05:45
I thought it would be nice for the collectors edition, the Tonner doll was and still is one of the most popular dolls on the gaming market I should know I sold them.

width='200'

width='200'
Sorry to interrupt the voting for few short second
but where did you get the dolls and are still avable?

now back on topc
my wish is Lara to have her backpack
My wish 6 flashback
my wish 25 flares
my wish Lara duel pistol at the end the game
my wish Lara to swing on some kind of rope or vines
My wish to have bats in the game

wazello1
3rd Aug 2011, 05:48
My wish: make TR 1-4 the exact same way they were originaly made, but with better graphics and faster loading times, in a gift pack set for us die hard TR original fans! ...Please

Treeble
3rd Aug 2011, 06:10
Sorry to interrupt the voting for few short second
but where did you get the dolls and are still avable?

This was part of a collection that Tonner released a couple of years ago. There were 6 dolls (http://www.kazeo.com/sites/fr/photos/260/photo-2604094-XL.jpg) in total. They're no longer being produced however and were very limited editions (the basic Lara Croft in that picture had 4000 units, but the others ranged between 100-400 pieces only).

Your best bet is eBay. They were expensive then, I imagine they're still expensive now.