PDA

View Full Version : what you realy want ?

nirvana1
26th Jun 2011, 16:39
stealth like old hitmans or shooting cover Beheind the walls and mark and run like sc conviction?

Jack Bauer 24
26th Jun 2011, 18:54
Both should be included.

Fox_McCloud
26th Jun 2011, 22:33
I want HITMAN stealth where you blend into crowds and walk amongst the enemy, not hiding in the shadows and seeing through walls.

They are making a BIG mistake.

Jack Bauer 24
27th Jun 2011, 03:32
I want HITMAN stealth where you blend into crowds and walk amongst the enemy, not hiding in the shadows and seeing through walls.

They are making a BIG mistake.

No they arent. Those are added elements that will help the player feel more like a deadly assassin. Just because the previous games were limited by the technology does not mean 47 should be. Its been confirmed that the standard stealth elements from past Hitman titles will be present as will a new cover mechanic which is LONG over due.

Fox_McCloud
27th Jun 2011, 13:06
No they arent. Those are added elements that will help the player feel more like a deadly assassin. Just because the previous games were limited by the technology does not mean 47 should be. Its been confirmed that the standard stealth elements from past Hitman titles will be present as will a new cover mechanic which is LONG over due.

Sorry but when I read disguises are taking a back seat to Sam Fishering about alarm bells and klaxons starting going off in my head.

jtr7
29th Jun 2011, 01:39
And the tech was not limited back then. Older games were already going with the shadow-hiding and x-ray vision. Hitman was deliberately designed with disguises and blending as main stealth mechanics. I guess they think Mr. 47 is good enough for a Hitman game and how he works is secondary.

Maximus Max
10th Aug 2011, 16:24
I agree with @Fox_McCloud. Big mistake.
Stealth all the way. I like the introduction of the cover system, which makes stealth work better instead of side step creeping while your knee and foot are through the wall. But PLEASE no crazy action shooting scenes. What happened to HM BM with the news papers? I liked the fact only silent assassin rating received a photo of the victim because Agent 47 is meant to practically be a ghost, killing victims using 'accidents'. Shooting bunches of people seems so messy and Mr. 47 is not a messy man, I mean check out his slick suits.
I don't mind the option for gun play if that's what fans want (just seems boring and easy to me), but personally I mostly collect the guns not shoot them.