PDA

View Full Version : So what do you like?

Nogarda
26th Jun 2011, 09:14
What is your favorite thing about Hitman: Absolution thus far?

(below is an optional read aimed at trolls and whiners)

All I see in this forum are whiner topics. I'm sure there is an exception or two, but we've seen precisely 1 teaser, 1 full CG Trailer, and some leaked gameplay footage from a dutch tv report, and a plethora of screens and concept art from the one singular level demo'd at E3 2011. Yet 'fans' have been ripping it to shreds, its laughable if it wasn't so sad and pathetic.

I've loved the series from the beginning, its awesome knowing at some point I'm going to be putting a new hitman disc in my console disc tray somewhere in the future, but everything I've seen, heard or read about H:A is awesome.
From the obvious graphics overhaul, to the eating donuts to building cover for a disguise.

Hitman/47 whatever you choose to call him has been rinsed and repeated over numerous different maps with great tweaks in between. Now I'm hearing possible news from interviews that rather than assassinating target x for money etc. you're supposedly avoiding trouble and being pursued pretty much like the last mission of contracts. That mission despite initial time constraints to escape the safehouse made me feel like a complete badass who was as real to the police as a ghost.

Yet again if this is true you're spending a good portion but not a complete dose on the run. The hitman movie, this took a similar concept and had him being a complete badass once again in the hotel scenes.

Hitman has always been about the flexibility to be stealth or action packed. There is not a single lick of proof you are forced into a situation which is completely scripted, and while I'm sure the appearance of the helicopter maybe, I don't believe for a single second that avoiding detection by it isn't possible.

Hitman's stealth mechanics have to be my most favourite improvement above all, from crouch sneaking sped up and appearing stealthy as a shark hunting a seal from below, to the smooth wallhugging cover. Throw in a more deadly and brutal fibre wire killing animation you’re good to go.

If you care about SA ranks so much you need to look at the video footage or screens some more. Hitman has plenty of options to go around certain situations. And if you compare some screens with the footage, you know half if not all the stuff you've seen is purposely triggered.

Basically, to those whining like crying school kids, STFU and wait until you've played the game. Or failing that, rather than picking out everything you seem to hate until you can do that, find and tell us something you like and build upon it. Because real hitmen adapt to their environment and the tools they have. ;)

KingNL
26th Jun 2011, 11:17
I love absolutely nothing about it

nirvana1
26th Jun 2011, 12:32
im just like hitman, not action shooting and covering games like..........

Bevacur
26th Jun 2011, 12:40
I dislike everything i have seen and read and like nothing so far. Apart from the graphics, they are juicy.

Brackstone17
26th Jun 2011, 14:26
I completely agree with the original post. Judging by most posts I'd guess the average age on the forums to be about 4 years old. People really, really need to keep quiet until we actually see some extended gameplay.

Anyway, I love the idea of 47 being on the run. It opens up a whole bunch of mission options that simply weren't available in the standard "sneak into area, kill target, sneak out" missions.

Also, if anyone wants to stop being self entitled, actually be rational for a moment and hear a good description Absolutions gameplay, go over to Giantbomb and start listening to their Day 2 E3 podcast about 4 hours in. To sum it up, action scenes are entirely optional still, so this isn't a cover based shooter.

KingNL
26th Jun 2011, 18:36
I completely agree with the original post. Judging by most posts I'd guess the average age on the forums to be about 4 years old. People really, really need to keep quiet until we actually see some extended gameplay.

Anyway, I love the idea of 47 being on the run. It opens up a whole bunch of mission options that simply weren't available in the standard "sneak into area, kill target, sneak out" missions.

Also, if anyone wants to stop being self entitled, actually be rational for a moment and hear a good description Absolutions gameplay, go over to Giantbomb and start listening to their Day 2 E3 podcast about 4 hours in. To sum it up, action scenes are entirely optional still, so this isn't a cover based shooter.

How nice of you to insult people because their opinion differs from yours.

Brackstone17
26th Jun 2011, 21:12
How nice of you to insult people because their opinion differs from yours.
All I'm saying is that calling the game a piece of trash and whining about changes you haven't even seen in effect is entirely irrational and childish. It's the old judging a book by it's cover situation. People who say "I don't really like where this is headed" are fine, that's okay. The people who say things like "Hitman is dead", "now it's a dumb shooter" and "IO sold out" are just being reactionary and need to calm down until they know more.

In short, I don't care if you dislike the direction the game is headed, I'm personally on the fence with the little that we know, but we should all be reasonable in our criticisms and praise.

Anyway, let's head back on topic. This forum needs to lose it's negative vibe and I like the purpose of this thread.

27th Jun 2011, 06:40
Here's what someone said about Those 90sec's of Gameplay. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0w21Cvuq_A)

I'm seeing a gunfight, a standoff, and the pull-from-ledge mechanic that's been put in every game. This + the glow I've been reading about? Yeah, I'm worried now.
Now the only He said thats worth worrying about is the Glow or that instinct mode Because i heard that the instinct mode is taking the place of the map. But theres still going to be a map. I don't much like the idea of checkpoint but well see.

It seem like people are waiting at their computers for new news about Hitman to complain about it no matter what.

Driber
27th Jun 2011, 09:22
Judging by most posts I'd guess the average age on the forums to be about 4 years old.

I agree with what the OP said and that some people seem to be just negative just for the sake of complaining about something.

Don't worry, posts or threads which are completely derogatory will be removed. I've already deleted a couple of threads which did nothing than whine just for the sake of it without offering any constructiveness.

Having said that, please refrain from insulting other forums members. It will not achieve anything but create more material for flaming.

...and some leaked gameplay footage from a dutch tv report...

Dutch, Danish, same thing, huh? :p

UhUh
27th Jun 2011, 10:10
Even if we're used to travel around the world with 47, I like the setting based on one city, might make it more believable place; I also like to hear that they put an extra effort in characterizing each npc.

Someot
30th Aug 2011, 16:49
I really hope it isn't all escape from the cops. I really liked the missions where you could walk straight up to your target and talk to him (which is why I think #2 sucked). Regardless of how the game is made I will still play it. Then I can truly make my decision of whether they ruined it or not.

Falkenwut
30th Aug 2011, 22:25
Mind, alot of people are shunning away from this game because of the footage they've seen. Most of Hitman games tend to show off a more psychotic approach to gameplay in the trailers, but we should never forget that the Hitman series always allowed that option open in case we feel like it.

EDIT: Not to stream away from the main discussion, I'm Loving the graphics and the new approaches we can take to assassinate. Particularly the melee combat... Hoping to see some sniping action :D

motsm
3rd Sep 2011, 23:59
In short, I don't care if you dislike the direction the game is headed, I'm personally on the fence with the little that we know, but we should all be reasonable in our criticisms and praise.If the community wasn't so critical of Human Revolution, we'd have never seen the option to turn off the orange glowing items, objective markers, on screen button prompts, or have the ability to change the FOV in the PC version, and that's just the stuff we know about. It's hard to say what other features may have been influenced by the rather early and critical forum feedback. So I say the louder the better when it comes to complaining.

iaNeil
7th Sep 2011, 02:18
Everyone is overwhelmed by the fact that the only gameplay that's been released showed 47 on the run, jumping from cover to cover, being a bit like the latest Splinter Cell. Remember where we left off?

Sometime after the funeral bloodbath, Diana uses The Franchise's assets to reopen the International Contract Agency, which overlooks the Copenhagen harbor. She receives a call from a client referred to as "Your Majesty". The voice cannot be heard, but Diana replies that the Agency has lost track of 47. Meanwhile, 47 is seen at a business engaging in conversation with a traditionally-dressed Chinese man. They discuss a service that can be found 'in the back'. The story ends on the curtain literally closing on the two. I highly doubt the boys over at Eidos are just going to jump into a whole new plot. I predict they'll continue with the flash back levels, like in Contracts and Blood Money, having 47 on the run being real time. Keep in mind that this game isn't going to be released anytime soon. For all we know it won't come out until the summer. Masterpieces take time!

Acid_Burn
7th Sep 2011, 07:34
Everyone is overwhelmed by the fact that the only gameplay that's been released showed 47 on the run, jumping from cover to cover
That was just a gameplay from E3 demo build, where IOI wanted to show all available features.

For all we know it won't come out until the summer
Fall 2012 to be exact.

Nogarda
8th Sep 2011, 23:02
Fall 2012 to be exact.

The 'Fall' window is a mistake. Sure it allows for a longer dev period, but your sacrificing sales going up against what cod 9 is it now? assassin's creed 3 (basically the biggest rival to hitman, and 47 hasnt been around recently to pull the publicity off it.)

Sure everyone here is going to buy it. But look at this summer there was sweet fa out worth buying since la noire and the release of deus ex. You take that gap you're the only thing people will be talking about. heck clone the release window of deus ex let hitman do that. If absolution is more groundbreaking than blood money and doesn't feel like a arkham asylum clone as you play, you're rolling in green.

Hitman is a cold calculated killer and going to get an 18/M rating so there is no way you can pull the 'christmas' holiday present on that. You want hitman to shine as a product, it needs a late august summer release at the latest. Otherwise hitman's sales will drown against more recent established product and competition.

I love Hitman, I don't want him to ever fail in sales or become a K&L2 punchline. But there needs to be some monthly exposure so people never forget he's coming. Have we not seen since E3's supposedly private showcase end up with gameplay on the web, the hardest nutjob fans rip it apart, pick the parts apart, then put it back together again because they are that passionate?

Luckily I myself am open minded to changes, but if they fail I will speak up. And I'm not 'dictating' anything towards IO/SE but you have to be seriously kidding yourselves if you launch in that oct/nov window, the sales will be massacred and while i don't know if bioshock infinite is launching then but if that is in that window too I don't even want to think about how bad sales will look. Word is out hitman has some major changes, please, please, please, don't mess up his return launch. 47 deserves a podium of sales all his own, and I hope in doing so you can make Ubisoft's AC team(s) order in extra notebooks for all the stuff they need to rip off from you for a change, because you're dreaming if you think I don't believe instinct mode isn't a blatent rip of eagle vision with added pathlines.

*begins setting deviously hidden sound traps around his house as an early warning system against bald clones with sleak suits and red ties*

Four Suited Jack
9th Sep 2011, 18:21
From what I have seen so far the only thing I dislike is the change of voice actor for 47, it's a minor complaint really, to be honest I'm just hoping it won't make him feel too different. Characters can be just as important as the game play after all.

Other than that, the other changes, I can see the points of both sides but I think it could freshen the game up a bit, providing it's done correctly.

RZ47
10th Sep 2011, 11:49
Why would anyone, who wants to play a hitman game, want to play a hitman game that is entirely different to the rest and the new gameplay is "similar to batman arkham asylum". I want to play Hitman not batman!!!

Besides that why would you fix something that isn't broken. Some new guy is gona be voicing 47, what the hell was wrong with David Bateson???!!!! Don't get me started either on Jesper Kyd not being involved. Thats just ridiculous! The man has won awards for his previous soundtracks on the series.

I WILL NOT be buying this game untill Mr Bateson and Mr Kyd are re-instated and they (the developers/producers) take this Batman Arkhman Asylum style gameplay nonsense out and all this stupid silly "dark comedy" rubbish out. I want to play a hitman game not something entirely new and different!

For all you smarties, ive read all this on the hitman absolution section on wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitman:_Absolution

IM NOT SO SURE ABOUT ALL YOU OTHER "TRUE HITMAN FANS", BUT I DEMAND THAT MR BATESON AND MR KYD BE REINSTATED!!!

Before someone suggests that I am a "4 year old" or whatever, Im 23 and have been playing the hitman games since year 2000..

Acid_Burn
10th Sep 2011, 18:20
Kyd is extremely busy with other games.

Batman style? Lol. Are you sure you're talking about Absolution? It is good old Hitman but with some new cool features (which are even not obligatory for completing the game) and awesome graphics.

Actually it's funny when people see some screen with blue sky and start shouting "OMG! It's the new Batman!"

As for Batson, just wait to hear new actor's voice. Maybe it's even better than Bateson. You can't blame enyone for trying to make things perfect :)

Nogarda
10th Sep 2011, 19:45
I take mr 'I never left' really is the new voice then? I just want a showcase trailer for christmas giving us mostly cg, a tease of gameplay footage, a flash of instinct mode, and a voice over narrated by the new voice actor.

Still it all comes down to the writing in the end.

Acid_Burn
10th Sep 2011, 19:48
It is new voice. But the quality of that sound file is really crappy.
I bet IO will show a lot from Absolution before Christmas :)

10th Sep 2011, 21:50
The only thing I didn't like about what I saw was the way 47 hold his gun when in cover.

Don't get me started either on Jesper Kyd not being involved. Thats just ridiculous! The man has won awards for his previous soundtracks on the series.
Just to be real with you I really didn't like BloodMoneys sound Track and Im not knocking jesper kyd Hes a good artist but it wouldn't be hard at all to top what He did with BloodMoney.
But thats just My personal opinion the music wasn't awful but I just didn't any of it. I really liked the Contracts sound Track and all the older stuff jesper did.

motsm
11th Sep 2011, 01:55
As for Batson, just wait to hear new actor's voice. Maybe it's even better than Bateson. You can't blame enyone for trying to make things perfect :)It's not a matter of better or worse, as Batson is Agent 47; just like Stephen Russell is Garrett and Jon St. John is Duke Nukem. The question of 'could someone else do it better' really has no relevance, as the voice work so heavily represents many iconic game characters that changing the actors just turns them into a new character entirely.

Acid_Burn
11th Sep 2011, 08:58
The only thing I didn't like about what I saw was the way 47 hold his gun when in cover.
Well, there are lots of bugs, glitches etc. But it's just an alpha (i guess) build. Many things will change till the final code.

RZ47
11th Sep 2011, 09:02
Fact still stands, you cant have hitman soundtracks that are'nt by Jesper Kyd. Thats my opinion, it just will NOT be anywhere as good without his contribution. If he's too busy with other games then they should have waited or made the bloody game years ago! Why the hell have they kept us waiting 6 years anyway?? There was only a 2 years gap between all the other titles. I just don't see why they have to go and fix something that isn't broken. We all bought the previous games for a reason. You can read all about the "similar gamestyle play to batman arkham asylum" yourself on the hitman absolution page on wikipedia.

Acid_Burn
11th Sep 2011, 10:05
The new engine was in development - that is the first thing that postponed the development process. It is the largest IOI's project they've ever made. Tore Blystad started it long time ago. A lot of things were changed since.

We all bought the previous games for a reason.
Absolution is going to be HUGE and really great game. And that will be the reason ;)

You can read all about the "similar gamestyle play to batman arkham asylum" yourself on the hitman absolution page on wikipedia.
That is the problem of wiki - everyone can change the information :) I spent 2 days in IOI's HQ. They showed me many great stuff. And there's really nothing similar with the Batman games.
New media wave should start soon so you'll be able to see that yourself.

Nick@IO
12th Sep 2011, 09:10
Actually, the release date is currently just '2012', not fall 2012. We'll have more details about release dates when we get closer. :)

Acid_Burn
12th Sep 2011, 09:54
Does it mean that Xbox World 360 give us the wrong information?

Nick@IO
12th Sep 2011, 12:42
Does it mean that Xbox World 360 give us the wrong information?

Well, it means they're guessing :) We've not announced a date yet.

RZ47
12th Sep 2011, 18:01
I hope you are right Acid Burn, I will be bitterly dissapointed otherwise.

RZ47
13th Sep 2011, 00:06
I have a Q for Acid-Burn, which I hope you may be able to answer or shed some light.

Why has David Bateson been dropped from the role of voicing 47??

I went on his official website and he claims that he has tried to contact Eidos and lo-interactive on several occassions and that they are not responding to his messages or calls. I just can't get my head around this one.

Acid_Burn
13th Sep 2011, 07:15
No. Actually I don't know that.

BigBoss
23rd Sep 2011, 21:04
As for Batson, just wait to hear new actor's voice. Maybe it's even better than Bateson. You can't blame enyone for trying to make things perfect :)

Yeah guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0EUjobdavw

everything can always be done a liiitle bit better.....