PDA

View Full Version : i dont want sc conviction i want hitman

nirvana1
21st Jun 2011, 13:43
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
its a shame if hitman absolution become the same to splintercell conviction :(

agent47.
21st Jun 2011, 14:24
I agree, no black and white if you get hurt. just awesome silent kills would be nice.

BigBoss
22nd Jun 2011, 11:04
This thread is pointless.

nirvana1
22nd Jun 2011, 14:32
This thread is pointless.

Fake is pointless

Jack Bauer 24
26th Jun 2011, 18:58
Theres a lot of stuff Hitman could borrow from SC:C that would make it a better game.

nirvana1
26th Jun 2011, 19:21
Theres a lot of stuff Hitman could borrow from SC:C that would make it a better game.

so you dont need play hitman you can play sc conviction

Fox_McCloud
26th Jun 2011, 22:32
I agree, I saw the new "features", this isn't a Hitman game, you are KILLING this once great franchise.

BeardedHoplite
26th Jun 2011, 23:59
I think all you guys are all a little too butthurt. Change isn't bad, do you think the formula changed a bit between Silent Assassin and Blood Money?
Do I think the game looks a little too Bourne-y? Yes. Do I think it's going to kill the Hitman franchise? Absolutely not.

Underking
27th Jun 2011, 02:13
Why are the developers using old IPs to create new games?

I expect improvements from a sequel, not a brutal change of gameplay like happened to Splinter Cell: Conviction, Dragon Age 2, Rainbow Six: Lockdown-to- Vegas 2, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, X-COM, Brothers in Arms 4, Resident Evil 4-5, [insert 100th franchise ruined this generation here] and now Hitman: Absolution.

Jack Bauer 24
27th Jun 2011, 03:20

I expect improvements from a sequel, not a brutal change of gameplay like happened to Splinter Cell: Conviction, Dragon Age 2, Rainbow Six: Lockdown-to- Vegas 2, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, X-COM, Brothers in Arms 4, Resident Evil 4-5, [insert 100th franchise ruined this generation here] and now Hitman: Absolution.

Because the games industry has grown exponentially and dev costs have become far greater thus the need to reach a bigger audience has grown. All those title you mentioned were fairly niche titles, especially considering todays industry. Like it or not, games are created for the masses, not just a select few. When you create something for the masses, you have to create for the lowest common denominator.

motsm
27th Jun 2011, 03:34
Because the games industry has grown exponentially and dev costs have become far greater thus the need to reach a bigger audience has grown. All those title you mentioned were fairly niche titles, especially considering todays industry. Like it or not, games are created for the masses, not just a select few. When you create something for the masses, you have to create for the lowest common denominator.You missed his point entirely. He was saying they should just make a new IP instead of making an entirely unrelated game and slapping the old franchises name on it. As you said, they were niche games, and so they won't gain much of anything by using the old IP's anyway, and they risk having those niche die hard fans endlessly bash the game becoming the vocal minority.

Sam_kain
27th Jun 2011, 10:19
You missed his point entirely. He was saying they should just make a new IP instead of making an entirely unrelated game and slapping the old franchises name on it. As you said, they were niche games, and so they won't gain much of anything by using the old IP's anyway, and they risk having those niche die hard fans endlessly bash the game becoming the vocal minority.

Then your favorite franchises would be dead forever, I think any game developer wouldn't do that, after all some old fans will like the game, and the new fans too, so it will be good

BTW RE5 best selling game in the series, SCC sold millions and did good, it is sad that people can't accept change and want the games to be static

KingNL
27th Jun 2011, 10:44

This is true...They are using old IPs to cater to the casual gamer (CoD audience)

nirvana1
27th Jun 2011, 10:49
I think all you guys are all a little too butthurt. Change isn't bad, do you think the formula changed a bit between Silent Assassin and Blood Money?
Do I think the game looks a little too Bourne-y? Yes. Do I think it's going to kill the Hitman franchise? Absolutely not.

change is good but its not change its fake,Stead of conviction figur they can have better changes we never seen,for Example missions can be create in free palces or Stead updating your wapon in menu you free go to gun shop and update it or any thing els............

motsm
27th Jun 2011, 13:03
Then your favorite franchises would be dead forever...Which is a far better alternative than making a sequel simply for the sake of making one.
BTW RE5 best selling game in the series, SCC sold millions and did good, it is sad that people can't accept change and want the games to be static.You are missing the point the same way Jack did. Let the game industry change (as much as I may hate it), but stay away from the existing IP's that have no business being shoe horned into the new casual environment of gaming. It limits the developers to certain choices while attempting to cater to previous fans, and limits them to completely different choices while trying to cater to a new audience. It just leaves us with an unfocused game that would always be better if they just ditched the IP, giving them total freedom to do whatever they wanted. Unfortunately, the game industry is in a phase where they are doing nothing but trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Sam_kain
27th Jun 2011, 13:25
Which is a far better alternative than making a sequel simply for the sake of making one.You are missing the point the same way Jack did. as i already said, some old fans will like the new change in Hitman, you can't pleas every one

Let the game industry change (as much as I may hate it), but stay away from the existing IP's that have no business being shoe horned into the new casual environment of gaming. It limits the developers to certain choices while attempting to cater to previous fans, and limits them to completely different choices while trying to cater to a new audience. It just leaves us with an unfocused game that would always be better if they just ditched the IP, giving them total freedom to do whatever they wanted. Unfortunately, the game industry is in a phase where they are doing nothing but trying to have their cake and eat it too.
Then again some want their game, I have been a strong fan for RE ever since RE1, and i love RE4&5, i would have been very sad and depressed if they killed the franchises after RECV, yeah i miss the horror but i love the new take, i got a different approach, and now for RE6 the devs said they are going back to the horror, total win for me, also a huge part for me in RE5 enjoyment was that i played as Chris my favorite character, and his buffed model looked sweet and true, also i got to see my beloved Miss Jill Valentine

If you think the game is not good enough for you, you won't buy it right ?!, but some other will buy it, some new gamers and some old fans, but you can stand high and refuse to buy what you don't like

Also new IPs don't work well nowadays, look at Enslaved, Vanquish, and many other, they sell well, but not as much as the publisher wants

BeardedHoplite
27th Jun 2011, 13:49
change is good but its not change its fake,Stead of conviction figur they can have better changes we never seen,for Example missions can be create in free palces or Stead updating your wapon in menu you free go to gun shop and update it or any thing els............

Can you say it once more, in English?

nirvana1
27th Jun 2011, 14:37
Can you say it once more, in English?

sorry i cant speak english verywel

BeardedHoplite
27th Jun 2011, 16:25
Okay, how about going for legibility?

Anyhoo, I'm still going to buy Absolution unless it has technical problems, or just sucks really, really bad

patt
27th Jun 2011, 19:37
if you just wait until a complete gameplay demo you will findout that Hitman absolution is a Hitman,as allways.
unfortunately IO Interactive didn't show demo to us directly and we don't know anything a bout gameplay.so i'm sure that the game is a hitman.
if gameplay direction of hitman absolution was like past Hitmans,then you you have to be angry,not now.
we all know a profesional hitman have to be like this.have to use the enviornment and ...... .
game was absent for long time and after 6 years have to be accessible.so they need somethings like (drop down system Of conviction) and i'm not happy about it but they did it and we have to accept it.before a complete demo all these words are nothing.(we have gamescom and TGS on the way,Maybe EGExpo too).

motsm
27th Jun 2011, 23:50
as i already said, some old fans will like the new change in Hitman, you can't pleas every oneOf course some will, but if they just made a new stealth game and didn't call it Hitman, they could please those people, and not piss off the ones that hate them for making the series a casual game.

Not that I'm even commenting on the new Hitman, as I'm waiting to see some gameplay first, though I'm certainly not hopeful.

Sam_kain
28th Jun 2011, 00:28
Of course some will, but if they just made a new stealth game and didn't call it Hitman, they could please those people, and not piss off the ones that hate them for making the series a casual game.

Not that I'm even commenting on the new Hitman, as I'm waiting to see some gameplay first, though I'm certainly not hopeful.

I understand what you mean, but if you watched the new Hitman and didn't like it you won't buy it, right ?!, why bother with it complaining and all ?!, The company use Hitman title to gather the old fans who would like the change and also make a hype upon such a great name, they killed 2 birds with one stone, and as i said before new IPs don't work well nowadays :(

I was a big Devil May Cry fan, yet with this new DmC ***** coming on i totally hate it, i visited Capcom's forum once posted how i feel and left, i have no intension to buy the game nor to waste my time trying to make capcom stop from releasing the new garbage

I am glad you will wait till you see actual gameplay demo, and decide for yourself, that is mature of you, I am waiting for it too, Hope we see something very soon, maybe GDC or TGS

jtr7
28th Jun 2011, 04:21
There's welcome change and there's unwelcome change. There's great change and WTF? change. There's progress and there's taking the easy cliched route. There's risky good change and playing it safe change, and both in more ways than one. There's creative change and there's unimaginative change. There's what Hitman brings to gaming not found in other games, and there's the other games. There's evolution within the same universe, and there's shameless borrowing of other's work.

KingNL
28th Jun 2011, 09:35
There's welcome change and there's unwelcome change. There's great change and WTF? change. There's progress and there's taking the easy cliched route. There's risky good change and playing it safe change, and both in more ways than one. There's creative change and there's unimaginative change. There's what Hitman brings to gaming not found in other games, and there's the other games. There's evolution within the same universe, and there's shameless borrowing of other's work.

You can't name 1 welcome change.

I can name at least 5 unwelcome changes...

Agent57
28th Jun 2011, 14:02
i was watching an interview and he said that the scenes they showed in gameplay were not like the whole game. the dev said most of the game sticks the the original franchises goals. stealth and sneaking, changing clothes, blending in.

you know...what we all love

BigBoss
28th Jun 2011, 21:55
It's just another game like conviction that reviews are describing as "playing like a bourne film". Just get the damn rights to the franchise if they want to make a bourne esqe game, don't cram it into whatever existing IPs you already have.....imo

jtr7
29th Jun 2011, 01:40
You can't name 1 welcome change.

I can name at least 5 unwelcome changes...

You say this like we disagree. How'd you come to that conclusion?

PsychoNite
30th Jun 2011, 04:23
heres the thing about sc conviction though. the features they added to attract FPS fans to the splinter cell franchise such as sonar vision and mark and execute (which made conviction one of the worst games i have ever played, and this coming from a hardcore SC fan who is now close to abandoning the series) those feature would actually add to hitman because, unlike Sam Fisher, hitmans legendary status would allow for his ability to pull of instakills where as Sam Fisher was just a soldier till conviction when they added super to the description and in doing so rewrote sams entire character.

nirvana1
30th Jun 2011, 09:29
(which made conviction one of the worst games i have ever played, and this coming from a hardcore SC fan who is now close to abandoning the series).

i agree:thumb:

nirvana1
30th Jun 2011, 23:15
if you just wait until a complete gameplay demo you will findout that Hitman absolution is a Hitman,as allways.
unfortunately IO Interactive didn't show demo to us directly and we don't know anything a bout gameplay.so i'm sure that the game is a hitman.
if gameplay direction of hitman absolution was like past Hitmans,then you you have to be angry,not now.
we all know a profesional hitman have to be like this.have to use the enviornment and ...... .
game was absent for long time and after 6 years have to be accessible.so they need somethings like (drop down system Of conviction) and i'm not happy about it but they did it and we have to accept it.before a complete demo all these words are nothing.(we have gamescom and TGS on the way,Maybe EGExpo too).

i was waited for conviction in 2006 and i see a good change of conviction trailer (2007 version) and i like it but they changed it again (2010 sohrt and bad conviction) and i see this bad feelings in hitman absolution i cant wait for the death of hitman

patt
1st Jul 2011, 08:05
at least Ubisoft didn't delete Voice actor from Coviction's List.

nirvana1
3rd Jul 2011, 20:08
when i remember lovely missions like : A New Life , flat line,You Better Watch Out and A vintage year...... i forget anything about absolution, absolution seems like action games :(

KenTWOu
4th Jul 2011, 06:25
i was waited for conviction in 2006 and i see a good change of conviction trailer (2007 version) and i like it but they changed it again (2010 sohrt and bad conviction) and i see this bad feelings in hitman absolution i cant wait for the death of hitman
And why do you think that 2006 Conviction build was good? It didn't have shadow/lighting stealth system - the most important part of Splinter Cell series! For example, next gen Double Agent has less shadows than Chaos Theory, and fans doesn't like it for this. Old gen Double Agent is much better. Also developers said that their main social stealth system didn't work well in 2007 build, that's why they abandoned that build. They made mistake and choose another direction - new 2010 Conviction build. I guess, you like that awful 2007 build only because you dislike final Conviction game.

auric
4th Jul 2011, 10:12
So far, the only game change I've played that really pissed me, is C&C Tiberium Twillight.
???

What the heck were they thinking???
It changed 100% all over. It's a whole new universe, its like Kane just step into another dimension when he went through that portal in Tiberium Wars.

IMO, though some may disagree.
Tiberium Wars was already perfect, the graphic, story telling, gameplay. Everything.

& they're about to end the story with the next part, why change it?
Even if its "going to" bring in new gamers, the tale has ended. They're not making anymore.

Just stick to the last style & finish it, plain & simple even for lazy people.

nirvana1
4th Jul 2011, 16:07
And why do you think that 2006 Conviction build was good? It didn't have shadow/lighting stealth system - the most important part of Splinter Cell series! For example, next gen Double Agent has less shadows than Chaos Theory, and fans doesn't like it for this. Old gen Double Agent is much better. Also developers said that their main social stealth system didn't work well in 2007 build, that's why they abandoned that build. They made mistake and choose another direction - new 2010 Conviction build. I guess, you like that awful 2007 build only because you dislike final Conviction game.

because changes can be good,and i really loved 2007 conviction, hobo sam figure and free walking behind the people and enemies was awesome,i think if they did not change 2007 version 100% 2007 conviction should be the best game in the world but they change it and hitman is remove walking beheind the enemies and its going to action game like 2010 version of conviction :mad2:

KenTWOu
4th Jul 2011, 19:25
because changes can be good,and i really loved 2007 conviction, hobo sam figure and free walking behind the people and enemies was awesome...
Hobo Sam is a pitiful character, new Sam is much better. And if you play the last mission of old-gen Double Agent by Ubisoft Montreal you can see that new Sam is more appropriate in terms of character development. Those 2007 build changes was really really bad, cause Splinter Cell lost almost all core features of gameplay. It looks like weird version of Assassin's Creed. Forget about it.

...its going to action game like 2010 version of conviction :mad2:
Oh really? Last time I played Conviction it was true stealth game just like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3WOUeD3OMQ).

nirvana1
4th Jul 2011, 20:06
Hobo Sam is a pitiful character, new Sam is much better. And if you play the last mission of old-gen Double Agent by Ubisoft Montreal you can see that new Sam is more appropriate in terms of character development. Those 2007 build changes was really really bad, cause Splinter Cell lost almost all core features of gameplay. It looks like weird version of Assassin's Creed. Forget about it.[/URL].

new figure is not sam its just the same

nirvana1
4th Jul 2011, 20:20
And why do you think that 2006 Conviction build was good? It didn't have shadow/lighting stealth system

cant be stealth game in day light? many last hitman missions are in day

and 2006 conviction was not complete it was just one mission

nirvana1
4th Jul 2011, 20:22
Oh really? Last time I played Conviction it was true stealth game just like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3WOUeD3OMQ).

is really no dragging bodies true stealth?

is really mark enemies true stealth?

Sam_kain
4th Jul 2011, 23:17

Is there something as true stealth ?!, did you even bother to check his link !!

And hobo Sam !!!, that guy looked like a homeless *****, at least Sam now resemble his older self, and his facial build is actually characteristic

Now maybe you can't carry bodies any more, yet again if you check his link, you will see that you can think of a way around that

Regarding M&E, it depends on how you use it

KenTWOu
5th Jul 2011, 09:13

I guess you didn't check this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3WOUeD3OMQ): Deniable Ops, DLC level, hunter mode, realistic difficulty, no sonar goggles, no equipment, no guns, no marks, no executions of course. Only hand to hand kills = true challenge and true stealth. This isn't my video, but it is my style of gameplay also.

I admit that Conviction makes few mistakes: sometimes it really forces you to shoot people during single and co-op campaign, few levels from single player campaign has shallow design. I admit that Conviction not the best Splinter Cell game, cause it has flaws, cause developers had limited time and resources, cause they rebuilt whole game from scratch, when they abandoned 2007 build but...

But as you can see above in that video, it has brilliant Deniable Ops mode with randomized enemies - the coolest feature of whole game, especially if you play it in co-op mode with friends. And I don't know anybody who dislike Insurgency Map Pack DLC for Conviction cause developers made four the greatest Conviction stealth levels. And a lot of old fans like Conviction for this.

nirvana1
5th Jul 2011, 09:24
I guess you didn't check this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3WOUeD3OMQ): Deniable Ops, DLC level, hunter mode, realistic difficulty, no sonar goggles, no equipment, no guns, no marks, no executions of course. Only hand to hand kills = true challenge and true stealth. This isn't my video, but it is my style of gameplay also.

I admit that Conviction makes few mistakes: sometimes it really forces you to shoot people during single and co-op campaign, few levels from single player campaign has shallow design. I admit that Conviction not the best Splinter Cell game, cause it has flaws, cause developers had limited time and resources, cause they rebuilt whole game from scratch, when they abandoned 2007 build but...

But as you can see above in that video, it has brilliant Deniable Ops mode with randomized enemies - the coolest feature of whole game, especially if you play it in co-op mode with friends. And I don't know anybody who dislike Insurgency Map Pack DLC for Conviction cause developers made four the greatest Conviction stealth levels. And a lot of old fans like Conviction for this.

im talking about single player and u show me co-op campaign? :mad2::mad2:
i don't believe co-op or multi there are good but not the real story
and i loved 2007 conviction its my opinion maybe u dont like it its not something unbelievable
and please dont talk about conviction this is hitman forums

KenTWOu
5th Jul 2011, 09:51
im talking about single player and u show me co-op campaign? :mad2::mad2:
Actually, I show you Deniable Ops single player mode. It's still part of the game. And it's huge part of the game with huge replay value.

and please dont talk about conviction this is hitman forums
Sorry, but you are not moderator here, so you can't forbid me to write anything about Conviction here. And the most important part you named this thread: i dont want sc conviction i want hitman. So guess what Splinter Cell Conviction isn't offtopic here!

IOI developers already promised us that Absolution will have few difficulty levels for their new 'instinct' feature. So I hope that they won't repeate same mistakes. And Absolution will be better mix of oldschool gameplay for hardcore fans and new gameplay for casual players than Conviction. If you won't like that mix, won't buy Absolution. It's simple.

nirvana1
5th Jul 2011, 10:04
Actually, I show you Deniable Ops single player mode. It's still part of the game. And it's huge part of the game with huge replay value.

i mean sam fisher's story

Sorry, but you are not moderator here, so you can't forbid me to write anything about Conviction here. And the most important part you named this thread: i dont want sc conviction i want hitman. So guess what Splinter Cell Conviction isn't offtopic here!

i said please

IOI developers already promised us that Absolution will have few difficulty levels for their new 'instinct' feature. So I hope that they won't repeate same mistakes. And Absolution will be better mix of oldschool gameplay for hardcore fans and new gameplay for casual players than Conviction. If you won't like that mix, won't buy Absolution. It's simple.

absolution is not created now ,i trust hitman creators, absolution will never be the same any games in the world,ok if it become the same any games ill never buy it,but i will wait to see what they do its simple ;)

BeardedHoplite
5th Jul 2011, 15:48
absolution is not created now ,i trust hitman creators, absolution will never be the same any games in the world,ok if it become the same any games ill never buy it,but i will wait to see what they do its simple ;)

But didn't you say you weren't going to buy it, my Farsi friend?

nirvana1
5th Jul 2011, 16:20
But didn't you say you weren't going to buy it, my Farsi friend?

i say if it change like splinter cell conviction i don't buy it, don't i? and im persian farsi(parsi) is a language my friend ;)

KenTWOu
12th Jul 2011, 14:14
i said please
Yeah, but you also said this is hitman forums ;)

nirvana1
12th Jul 2011, 18:51
Yeah, but you also said this is hitman forums ;)

is'nt it? :D

nirvana1
19th Aug 2011, 22:21
in this demo their show absolution is not like last hitmans and very same to sc conviction,but graphic is really awesome tnx eidos,and please dont forget last hitmans gameplay ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=GR947Ybv7nc

BigBoss
21st Aug 2011, 18:22

Does it really matter if the option is available for all difficulty levels? If I want to challenge myself, I wont use it. I think it's rather childish to give a **** whether or not other people are able to beat the game on the hardest difficulty using or not using the instinct option.

Someot
22nd Aug 2011, 21:27
well i would expect it to be different, with the whole new engine

brkckl
14th Oct 2011, 06:02
Nirvana you're my man.Really.I just registered here to say this.If you are gonna release hitman absolution like this.Don't bother please.I am saying this from my heart.I played all hitman games.All of them were awesome.But this...

xAcerbusx
14th Oct 2011, 07:17
I have to say it really did feel like Splinter Cell: Conviction, at least the mission we saw did...

...and, really, I don't understand why. Conviction didn't sell as well as the previous Splinter Cell games. It was a critical, artistic, and financial failure. Why emulate it in any regard?

If that's merely a linear tutorial mission, which gives way to the big, open levels we all love about the series, I can deal with it. It's certainly at least a possibility. But based on what we've seen, it gives me far too many flashbacks to the disappointment I felt upon the release of Conviction.

LittleEagle
14th Oct 2011, 09:37
I think this game is better than SC : Conviction .

nirvana1
14th Oct 2011, 10:20
I think this game is better than SC : Conviction .

sure,but very same to scc

nirvana1
14th Oct 2011, 12:00
Nirvana you're my man.Really.I just registered here to say this.If you are gonna release hitman absolution like this.Don't bother please.I am saying this from my heart.I played all hitman games.All of them were awesome.But this...

:thumb: yeah,maybe they don"t hear us, but however we will say what we want or not

LittleEagle
14th Oct 2011, 12:10
sure,but very same to scc

Yeah , but I sure this game must has something is very different:thumb::thumb::flowers:

kheammachart
14th Oct 2011, 12:17
Yeah , but I sure this game must has something is very different:thumb::thumb::flowers:

Yeah , it's must has something is different from another games

BECAUSE THIS GAME IS ROCK

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::mad2::mad2::mad2:

itsonyourhead
15th Oct 2011, 03:26
I got to be honest. As far from Hitman as Absolution is looking to be, it still looks better than Splinter Cell Conviction. Nevertheless. It's completely unacceptable.

Platinumoxicity
15th Oct 2011, 09:31
There's this urban legend, or mass delusion, that has no origin, that is commonly accepted as truth. And that lie is that an audience that is 3 times bigger has a hundred times more retards. So when a game developer takes an old niche franchise and tries to make it appeal to a bigger audience, they somehow insist on making it dumber. But... why? Why would you make a smart game dumber to make it appealing? What if the smartness of the game was the thing that was appealing in the first place? You should improve on what the game has been. Maybe the fact that you think that the majority of gamers are braindead idiots, makes you a braindead idiot. Have you ever considered that by bringing a smarter, old-style game to the modern market that is oversaturated with retarded filth, would actually make it stand out and sell more? Are you brainwashed or something? Of course you are. At least that would explain the total lack of basis for believing that bigger audiences equal idiots. Someone has inserted this delusion into the head of every game developer and that's why we have games like Thief: Deadly Shadows, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Silent Hill: Homecoming and it never stops.

shobhit777777
15th Oct 2011, 19:57
@Platinumoxicity

There's this urban legend, or mass delusion, that has no origin, that is commonly accepted as truth. And that lie is that an audience that is 3 times bigger has a hundred times more retards. So when a game developer takes an old niche franchise and tries to make it appeal to a bigger audience, they somehow insist on making it dumber. But... why? Why would you make a smart game dumber to make it appealing? What if the smartness of the game was the thing that was appealing in the first place? You should improve on what the game has been. Maybe the fact that you think that the majority of gamers are braindead idiots, makes you a braindead idiot. Have you ever considered that by bringing a smarter, old-style game to the modern market that is oversaturated with retarded filth, would actually make it stand out and sell more? Are you brainwashed or something? Of course you are. At least that would explain the total lack of basis for believing that bigger audiences equal idiots. Someone has inserted this delusion into the head of every game developer and that's why we have games like Thief: Deadly Shadows, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Silent Hill: Homecoming and it never stops.

Hi
Could you elaborate the 'Dumbing down' in Hitman:Absolution and Splinter Cell Conviction?

Sam_kain
16th Oct 2011, 22:50
Platinumoxicity: SCC doesn't fit at all, if you are patient then you can find that every SC games is easy, SCCT for example, you just need to wait, and it's all good, you can stick to cover right next to a guard, and I guarantee he won't spot you, at least in SCC is you do that the guard would actually feel you are there and shot you, also try running and gunning in SCC on realistic, you will die, same as every other SC, the improvements of SCC were top notch, even though removing the old features was kinda bad, but the new experience, the fast paced stealth was 2nd to non, it was something new, undone before by any other game, that's why SCC shines

shobhit777777
17th Oct 2011, 04:52
Platinumoxicity: SCC doesn't fit at all, if you are patient then you can find that every SC games is easy, SCCT for example, you just need to wait, and it's all good, you can stick to cover right next to a guard, and I guarantee he won't spot you, at least in SCC is you do that the guard would actually feel you are there and shot you, also try running and gunning in SCC on realistic, you will die, same as every other SC, the improvements of SCC were top notch, even though removing the old features was kinda bad, but the new experience, the fast paced stealth was 2nd to non, it was something new, undone before by any other game, that's why SCC shines

True.

Playing SCC in Deniable-Ops (Offline mode similar to terrorist hunt in R6:Vegas, where the objective is to eliminate 10-12 enemies per level without raising alarms) the depth and complexity of the gameplay comes to fore.

It becomes really challenging, when you have to sit back and deal with 12 armed men in a large environment with multiple approaches. Although SCC focuses on a fast paced attack style, you can easily morph it into your own stealth game. It is FAR more challenging than it's predeccesors due to large amounts of AI and their sharper reaction times plus the massive levels and multiple ways to move/interact with the environment.
It is an amazing and extremely satisfying experience to hang in a dark corner, observe the 6 guys below you, prioritize targets, make a kill order and then execute with precision. It can offer you a lot of opportunities to plan and execute stealthy attacks...the main focus of the game.

IMO Absolution should definitely pick up on Conviction's new mechanics to beef up the more traditional sneaking aspects.

As for emulating Conviction...well it pioneered the Aggro-Stealth concept, which Hitman certainly can make use of. It has one of the best cover systems, character handling, environmental interactivity and CQC system...so yeah. Emulating those aspects is certainly a VERY good idea when it comes to increasing 47's lethality and beefing up Hitman gameplay. Hitman, as a concept, a character and a game is far too unique and far too good to be called a clone. It needs to assimilate the better mechanics from other games while retaining and improving the core concept of open ended assassination missions with disguise based stealth.
Not adopting mechanics that work and add depth to the gameplay JUST for the sake of being original and unique is downright counter-productive. If that were the case we'd still be playing Doom '95.

@Acerbusx

..and, really, I don't understand why. Conviction didn't sell as well as the previous Splinter Cell games. It was a critical, artistic, and financial failure. Why emulate it in any regard?

Conviction was neither a critical or commercial failure and from an artistic POV it was brilliant (that is debatable as it is a personal opinion) It sold over 2 million games and garnered a LOT of critical praise. You'll also notice that in the generally negative reviews (from fans and critics alike) the game was called out for not being more like the predecessors....which quite a redundant point as the whole idea was to make a redesigned stealth-action game. The game was crushed under the weight of expectations of fans who expected it to be Chaos Theory 2.0...which although understandable, was unfair as the fans rejected it (not giving the newer gameplay a chance) and via online media have really butchered its image.

BigBoss
17th Oct 2011, 06:18
...and, really, I don't understand why. Conviction didn't sell as well as the previous Splinter Cell games. It was a critical, artistic, and financial failure. Why emulate it in any regard?

Dude, you are one of the sanest people here. I almost always agree with you but this time, you are flat out making **** up. As much as I didn't like conviction, it was neither a critical failure
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/939336-tom-clancys-splinter-cell-conviction/index.html
or a commercial failure
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/939336-tom-clancys-splinter-cell-conviction/index.html
Just because it didn't do as well as previous games, most companies would kill for 2 million in sales and an aggregate critical score of 86%. Those numbers hardly make it a failure.

Discussing whether or not something is an artistic failure, is a matter of opinion so there's no point in going into that.

Sam_kain
17th Oct 2011, 06:42
yup shobhit777777, not to mention it becomes even more challenging when you play without gadgets, only H2H kills, I think everyone can make his own challenge in D-Ops, not to mention that the guards lay out in every level change whenever you restart the level

I think Hitman absolution disguise mechanics are solid as ever, and now they are adding these little things like cover, CQC, environmental objects .....etc, all these are good things that enhance the experience, making it almost perfect

Now regarding the CQC, I really liked what SCC with the whole Krava Maga, and I think Hitman introducing such a feature as CQC is not bad, it is a trait that every stealth game should have, just like running in FPS

nirvana1
11th Jan 2012, 20:20
is streets & free city places gone in absolution?

its always in small places like stealth action games.

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/121/1216295/hitman-absolution-20120111094624372_640w.jpg

http://pc.gamespy.com/dor/objects/14251574/hitman-5/images/hitman-absolution-20120111094621454.html

http://pc.gamespy.com/dor/objects/14251574/hitman-5/images/hitman-absolution-20120111094627078.html

http://pc.gamespy.com/dor/objects/14251574/hitman-5/images/hitman-absolution-20120111094625841.html

http://pc.gamespy.com/dor/objects/14251574/hitman-5/images/hitman-absolution-20120111094628308.html

xAcerbusx
12th Jan 2012, 05:41
Dude, you are one of the sanest people here. I almost always agree with you but this time, you are flat out making **** up. As much as I didn't like conviction, it was neither a critical failure
or a commercial failure
Just because it didn't do as well as previous games, most companies would kill for 2 million in sales and an aggregate critical score of 86%. Those numbers hardly make it a failure.

Discussing whether or not something is an artistic failure, is a matter of opinion so there's no point in going into that.

First off... you have to factor in that Splinter Cell: Conviction had to be made twice. In early 2007, they were past Alpha, and ready to start work on the final build... then some higher-up from Ubisoft played it and said 'scrap it and start over', which is why we didn't get the final version of Splinter Cell: Conviction until 3 years later.

So, factor in that it cost 5 years worth of development cash to make. TWICE. And then factor in the fact that it fell short of Double Agent and Chaos Theory's sales numbers... yes. It was a financial failure, and a massive one. 2 million in today's market? Dragon Age 2 sold just under that across all platforms, and was still referred to - by people WITHIN Electronic Arts - as a financial failure. And they didn't have to make it twice over the course of 5 years!

shobhit777777
12th Jan 2012, 16:08
First off... you have to factor in that Splinter Cell: Conviction had to be made twice. In early 2007, they were past Alpha, and ready to start work on the final build... then some higher-up from Ubisoft played it and said 'scrap it and start over', which is why we didn't get the final version of Splinter Cell: Conviction until 3 years later.

So, factor in that it cost 5 years worth of development cash to make. TWICE. And then factor in the fact that it fell short of Double Agent and Chaos Theory's sales numbers... yes. It was a financial failure, and a massive one. 2 million in today's market? Dragon Age 2 sold just under that across all platforms, and was still referred to - by people WITHIN Electronic Arts - as a financial failure. And they didn't have to make it twice over the course of 5 years!

Maxime Beland (the Creative Director and the guy behind the whole Aggro-Stealth direction) joined early 2009 and worked on the previous iteration of the game for over 2 months...it was then they decided to change direction and work at the new (SCC 2010) game.

That involves conceptualising (not an easy thing when trying to do something different in the stealth genre) prototyping and then developing.

Now factor in the mechanics they had to work on:

1. A vastly improved AI which is smart enough to give enjoyable gun fights AND be a believable opponent when in stealth loop..and a fluid shift between the modes...this is critical for Aggro-Stealth games...something which Conviction has pioneered and done very well.

2. Revamping the visuals and adding more interactivity with the environment

3. Mark and Execute...as easy as it may sound it was prolly a ***** to work on. Prioritizing AI, getting the animations right, getting the camera right...it must have been brutal for the programmers

4. Core gameplay. Given SCCs flexibility and the combat/stealth mechanics designing entire levels around it would've have been a major challenge...and take into account the various actions a player might take and you will have an understanding of how hard it must have been to make and test levels to get the gameplay right

5. PEC and D-ops + Full Coop mode. The MP modes are full fledged games in their own right. The Coop story is almost as long as the SP one. Designing the game around 2 player instead of one...another headache.

So yeah...SCC is a mighty big achievement for what must have been (in actuality) 8-10 months of development.

nirvana1
17th Apr 2012, 16:21
in absolution trailers (run for your life, She Must Be Special) we can see the most of game play Built in dark places for Ex: look at she must be special trailer you can see the light of window and its day ,but rooms are all black and dark and agent 47 always hiding, usually you are in the back of enemies and they don't see you ,even walking behind enemies whit cloths is for a few seconds and you must hurry, if everyone can go their ways,why trailers didn't show us old schools ways? if its for everyone we need a proof

Demoni91
17th Apr 2012, 18:50
Nothing wrong with taking a little inspiration.

sgg847
17th Apr 2012, 20:44
in absolution trailers (run for your life, She Must Be Special) we can see the most of game play Built in dark places for Ex: look at she must be special trailer you can see the light of window and its day ,but rooms are all black and dark and agent 47 always hiding, usually you are in the back of enemies and they don't see you ,even walking behind enemies whit cloths is for a few seconds and you must hurry, if everyone can go their ways,why trailers didn't show us old schools ways? if its for everyone we need a proof

You are amazing with your logic. You begin with something dark but ... I see light in the end of a tunnel... but again the same crap.

Reaction of NPC on steps behind is definitely similar in both demos. I may be wrong but it is result of dividing people on casual and hardcore. (don't want to search interview about different AI behavior). I see you belong to the hardcore "caste". I think that chosen people should not worry about it because today blood money turn to "pure" money.

If it is then more ugly sides of such dividing will be revealed soon.

elsnichkum
20th Apr 2012, 05:13
I sometimes doubt that people who complain Hitman Absolution looks and plays like Splinter Cell Conviction, has even played SC:C. Sure, SC:C downgraded in terms of its roots (splinter cell chaos theory was THE BOMB), but as its own game, it was a DAMN FINE game. I mean, at least Hitman Absolution keeps most of its main game play elements while adding new material instead of ditching everything and doing a totally different game. My point being...be grateful, be humble, wait until the game come out.

ImJustLikeYou47
21st Apr 2012, 21:43

Bad exmaple, since Blood Money was an actual IMPROVEMENT.

Silent Assassin had unique ways to kill people, like getting special items and triggering secret events.

Blood Money, had the same thing, but less obvious. You didn't trigger events on a line, it was more fluid than that.

The best example, and perhaps the best level in Blood Money was Suburbia. This level had it all.

Then, ON TOP of this, the wedding level.

The white house level.

The casino even.

Seriously Blood Money was one sweet game, even by itself, without any other Hitman games.

ImJustLikeYou47
21st Apr 2012, 22:34
Because the games industry has grown exponentially and dev costs have become far greater thus the need to reach a bigger audience has grown. All those title you mentioned were fairly niche titles, especially considering todays industry. Like it or not, games are created for the masses, not just a select few. When you create something for the masses, you have to create for the lowest common denominator.

Really? Because that's how you ruin a title. And haven't you heard how the pricetag of 60$ may be a thing of the past soon?

Because small games coming out for 10-15$ are trumping them in sales.

So if a development team can crank out a game and sell it at 14$ and outsale these "todays industry standards" you call games. What's the problem?

The problem is their products are genuinely fun, for what they are. They don't take something and dumb it down. Their product is intended to be dumbed down.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there really is that many new gen gamers who are entering the gaming scene and make up the bulk of their sales. But if all they are trying to do is attract new gamers, why make it suck? Why not just re-release a Blood Money or Silent Assassin type game with different levels and shiny new graphics? Is it not less work just to create an expansion on something you've already made?

nirvana1
22nd Apr 2012, 09:10
Really? Because that's how you ruin a title. And haven't you heard how the pricetag of 60$ may be a thing of the past soon?

So if a development team can crank out a game and sell it at 14$ and outsale these "todays industry standards" you call games. What's the problem?

The problem is their products are genuinely fun, for what they are. They don't take something and dumb it down. Their product is intended to be dumbed down.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there really is that many new gen gamers who are entering the gaming scene and make up the bulk of their sales. But if all they are trying to do is attract new gamers, why make it suck? Why not just re-release a Blood Money or Silent Assassin type game with different levels and shiny new graphics? Is it not less work just to create an expansion on something you've already made?

i agree :thumb:

Sam_kain
22nd Apr 2012, 10:25

If only building new levels, with greater graphics was that easy.

what he said is sad but very true, every publisher is a business company first and a game publisher 2nd IMO, they got a series they want to expand to everyone for it to sell at least 5 Millions, any no. under 5 is no good, I some times miss the hardcore titles, but that's how the world goes, and not every change is bad, I find myself liking Resident Evil 4-5-6 and Splinter Cell Conviction, the new Tomb Raider, and the new Hitman, it is just a matter of opinion.

sgg847
22nd Apr 2012, 12:36

A game isn't created for masses or for chosen, for you or for me. A game is a product for people. What do people want? Yes, Entertainment!
Contracts and Blood Money have already been made as parodies on Silent Assassin. The result was obvious and predictable.
If you think that you are the one and all other casual idiots then it is your big mistake.

ImJustLikeYou47
22nd Apr 2012, 15:23
A game isn't created for masses or for chosen, for you or for me. A game is a product for people. What do people want? Yes, Entertainment!
Contracts and Blood Money have already been made as parodies on Silent Assassin. The result was obvious and predictable.
If you think that you are the one and all other casual idiots then it is your big mistake.

I think having maps where you can approach problems in different ways is more entertaining than approaching problems guided.

It will always be more fun that way.

nirvana1
30th May 2012, 22:07
http://www.gamespot.com/hitman-absolution/videos/nuns-guns-and-agent-47-hitman-absolution-e3-trailer-6379014/

What? an RPG? is that really stealth?
killing girls? awesome not

sgg847
30th May 2012, 22:35
What? an RPG?
COOL!
http://s019.radikal.ru/i602/1205/45/5f733621cb31.jpg
This game becomes better and better!

AH88
31st May 2012, 01:23
killing girls? awesome not

Guess you really hated Hitman: Blood Money. :rolleyes:

Agent_47@ICA
31st May 2012, 02:54
Let's just leave the cry baby's alone, we all know they are still going to buy the game and once they play it there going to love it, and then we will get to see them come back to the forums and eat there own words.

Platinumoxicity
31st May 2012, 13:14
I just saw the saints trailer but I need to semi-seriously start asking... when will we start seeing the real Agent 47 -style assassination tactics instead of these action scenes? I mean, in Blood money there are forced action scenes like the assassin in the nightclub and Parchezzi in the WH. But the trailers weren't all constructed out of those scenes. They showed the variety of things that 47 can do to accomplish his missions, and only a few shooting and mayhem scenes.

I don't know about you guys but making trailers like this to promote a Hitman game is like making fast food commercials to promote a car. That, or it starts to look like all this game is is those action scenes that were just a rare deviation in the previous game. :rolleyes: Why don't the producers notice the huge amount of dislikes in the video? What do they not understand? Are they red-green colorblind, seeing only the green part of the bar? Or are they just completely in denial about criticism, unable to accept that they might be doing something wrong?

Or have they just noted that the amount of likes are comparable to the amount of likes on the previous game, despite there having been 98/2 ratio previously and a 67/33 ratio on this one? 66% is just as good as 98% as long as that 66% is the same size or a bigger crowd than the 98% was back then?

Someone could correct me on this one, but wasn't it the case that the changes introduced in Blood Money were positively recieved, and made the game recieve lots of positive publicity because of that? Isn't it a fact that Codename 47 sucks, and Silent Assassin was incredible because of it's introduction of pure cutting-edge stealth? Again, what do the developers not understand? What part about the common trend of "more and better stealth = better reception" do they not understand? How does it make sense to observe success of one thing, and turn around and do the opposite instead of further improving what was started and outdoing what you did last time? Are they just out of their minds?

Sam_kain
31st May 2012, 13:46
^^ They are appealing to wider audience, they (intentionally) are showing Action Packed Trailer, they know some fans are mad, but here is the thing, they believe their game has deep stealth mechanics, disguise, smart AI, and different way of Accident like Hits, and let's be honest, they released some things for the hardcore fans.

Every Friday they released a piece of newspaper about an accident hit that Agent 47 did, yeah we didn't see a video, but those pieces where proof that the hardcore stealth and "make it look like an accident" is still there, right ?!

The very first video "Run for your Life" they started using stealth, then some action, then disguise, cause they need to show alot of stuff, while showing that you can play anyway you like it, also they released the video "Introducing Agent 47" ?, there were scenes from the same level where Agent 47 killed all the police men using Point & Shot, but there was also another scene where he disguised himself early on instead of later like the first trailer.

Some may argue about not seeing any disguise gameplay, well again that is wrong, didn't you see the leaked footage ?!, They showed the same level played by 2 different routes, all out action, and really sneaky, and both looked great.

I think some fans reaction are not in their place, let me say this again, IO need to appeal to bigger audience, hardcore gamers are not the bulk of gamers nowadays, casual are, that's why we see alot of COD-wanna-be, and that's why Hitman Absolution provide bada$$ Action while maintaining deep Stealth mechanics, it's about balance, as long as balance is there, and deep stealth is there, then everyone can be happy.

Even Dishonored will feature all out action, in case someone wants to, but at the same time it will Ghosting, they even did 2 different presentations to show different way of playing.

I hope I made a point.

imported_Hitman_fan
31st May 2012, 14:39
What they've said during PAX interviews is that they focused on action trailers to show us the NEW features of the game, and all these new features(multiple ways of killing your enemies) will all be on the top of the old features that made Hitman series unique like, disguise in plain sight, sandbox levels, nonlinear approaches, accidents etc...

I've played all the hitman games, since I was 12, now I am 23, but Hitman needed something new, after 12 years.

And all these new features don't change the core gameplay, it just adds on the top of the old to make it new. This is how a sequel should be, implementing new stuff but leave the core mechanics there.

Being a hitman fan, and knowing how the game plays I'm not worried that will be "dumb down linear scripted corridor shooter", since I know that Hitman is a game that you can play however you want(although stealth is the most rewarding).

If I make a walkthrough of one level from hitman BM or Contracts or any other hitman game, and start killing everyone, can you say it's a "guns blazing mindless shooter" ?

You can, but someone who played it knows that a mission can be acomplished in numerous ways, and this is what I love about Hitman. Freedom of choice !

So my point is that they are showing action stuff because they tried to balance the action with the stealth in hitman absolution. Even the instinct can be used to either kill your oponents or disguise. So I think this will be the most balanced game of the series.

Newcomers will be able to enjoy it however they want, and the ones who want a challenge will also be rewarded, since I believe on harder difficulties instict will be more difficult to replenish so you'll have to use it carefully.

But at E3 they will show us multiple ways of how we can acomplish a mission.
Also they said that to achieve silent assassin you will have to be a ghost, and just kill your main target, without harming anyone else, and make the death look like an accident. Sounds pretty hitman to me.

I can't wait for it, but the ones that judge it after a CGI trailer that has nothing to do with the actual gameplay, story or atmosphere, be my guest, it's your loss, not mine.

Platinumoxicity
31st May 2012, 19:53
I guess a little bit of media releases go a long way. People here, even fans, are infinitely more optimistic than the people on the Thief 4 forum. :) Here you are, defending the possible "covert quality" of a game that is being deliberately marketed as crap for crap-oriented people, and at the same time everyone in the Thief 4 forum is already complaining about the probable projected crappiness of that game even though absolutely no information about the game has been released during these full 3 years.

sgg847
31st May 2012, 20:51
Also they said that to achieve silent assassin you will have to be a ghost (probably I should be a silent assassin to reach a ghost), .............., and make the death look like an accident. Sounds pretty hitman to me.

I don't know where you heard this but it sounds rubbish to me as well as this old-fashion and shabby rating system which should have been completely replaced by achievements long ago.

Sam_kain
31st May 2012, 21:33
I guess a little bit of media releases go a long way. People here, even fans, are infinitely more optimistic than the people on the Thief 4 forum. :) Here you are, defending the possible "covert quality" of a game that is being deliberately marketed as crap for crap-oriented people, and at the same time everyone in the Thief 4 forum is already complaining about the probable projected crappiness of that game even though absolutely no information about the game has been released during these full 3 years.

LOL well let's be honest fans are exactly the right people to look at (myself included), whenever it comes to ones fav. series he rages when it is delayed, he rages whenever something is missing, he has doubts, way over the clouds expectation, then again it is also fun (when it is freakin reasonable)

Regarding the Crap people, it is sad, but now they are 80% of the gaming society, so the focus is them, here is a hoping that on Next Gen development coasts may decrease, enableing us Hardcore fans who are short in no. to support games development without the need of casual.

nirvana1
31st May 2012, 21:47
I've changed my mind, I dont want hitman I want conviction or smt action :l :l
Even convition has not an RPG :mad2:

Platinumoxicity
1st Jun 2012, 08:41
Regarding the Crap people, it is sad, but now they are 80% of the gaming society, so the focus is them, here is a hoping that on Next Gen development coasts may decrease, enableing us Hardcore fans who are short in no. to support games development without the need of casual.

What people fail to realize that regardless of how dumb the dumb people are, or how dumb everyone thinks they are despite there being little evidence to support that, they won't like the same old stuff forever. Maybe something like a game in the classic Hitman stealth format would be exactly what they would like, if someone would just go ahead and make it. But nobody does. Everyone wants to create the same old boring stuff, because everyone assumes that's all they will ever want, because nobody has ever shown them anything else, so they are totally oblivious about the possibility of playing something different. We need companies like Valve or Blizzard, that have unlimited money, to take risks like that. Make a game that's different, and look at the profits soar as there's finally something that sets itself apart from all of this homogenous goo that is being produced out of desperately blending everything together.

And by the way... even if it would be true that 80% of todays gamers are mouthbreathing achievement-hunters, the amount of gamers that there are has risen dramatically. So that remaining 20% is as big as the entire previous market was. And alienating that would be ridiculous. Suicide in my opinion.

And everyone has forgotten that it's irrelevant what the content of the game is. It's marketing that counts. You don't need to make the game handicap-accessible for retards. You just need to fool them into buying it because they are retards. And at the same time the smart players will see through it and buy it because they know the game is actually good, despite being a scam to the rest. Because that will never work the other way around. You can't accurately market a dumb game for dumb people, and fool the smart people into buying it at the same time.

Usually what happens is overcompensation, and an unfortunate coincidence that produces delusions. You change the sequel to appeal to a different audience, but because it's a sequel to a smart franchise, you are afraid that it still won't appeal to the dumb crowd. So you overcompensate with excessive marketing, getting a ton of hits on your trailers and a lot of publicity. And what ends up happening that you develop a delusion that it was the dumbing-down of the game that got the results. Not the successful marketing.

And nobody realizes that it was the features of the franchise that made it popular, and still you insisted on using that franchise to make an unrelated game. The only result is a wasted sequel. Because the fact that it's part of the franchise ended up producing nothing but a few protest non-purchases by neglected fans, and for the "new audience" it's irralevant that it's part of the franchise that they were never familiar with before. The only reason to make a sequel is to use the pre-established popularity of a franchise, which was achieved with the distinct features of that franchise. If those features aren't there, it's just a total waste.

sgg847
1st Jun 2012, 09:10
I've changed my mind, I dont want hitman I want conviction or smt action :l :l
Even convition has not an RPG :mad2:

If you think that RPG and pow! pow! are features of action, you make a mistake. Action also includes at least good control system, AI behavior during the fire and a stimulus system. At the same time good action include agile abilities of main hero, interesting damage system, additional features for assistance to a player (auto aim, aim assistance, precision mode etc.) during a firefight and the most of all feelings that you take part in a shooting (sounds of guns, dynamic soundtrack, destructible environment).
I am not going to comment about control, AI and the stimuli. But animation of main hero during the cover shooting, human shielding, firing in presicion mode, his position on the screen (left only), the desire of the devs to disable and reduce action features with disabled HUD at the same time and probably, as always, reduced damage system for main hero in high level mode aka purist s...t - all these raise a question about the action in this game.

p.s. SCC is 80 % a stealth game than action.

Sam_kain
1st Jun 2012, 09:53
Platinumoxicity: what a wall of text, let's be reasonable, Publishers/Developer are open for business, doing a pure hardcore title that may flop will actually coast alot of money, that's why the games adapt, I don't think it is really smart of you to call casual gamers crap, stupid, or whatever, is that how mature the hardcores are ?!, you can't take them off the charts, or expect them to not affect your games if you don't include them, COD has shown that they make the bulk of the society.

The remaining 20% amount only to 2 millions or 3 at best, publishers want 5 millions at least or something, if a game sells 1million it may be bad, check Kingdom of Amular, a big studio had a lot of trouble, cause the game didn't sell 5millions or something, that's what may happens if you exclude the casual fans all together.

As for marketing, fool them once, and 2nd time you will lose, marketing should represent what the game offer, we have seen many times how obscuring things leads to fail.
No one is fooling anyone, they showed you hardcore stuff, they are showing casual stuff, that's pretty good marketing campaign IMO.

Also you are only one fan that is so angry about, I have come across 10 other hardcore fans who like the new direction, cause it still got the depth of stealth Hitman always had, you keep talking about features that made the series popular, why ?!, they are already there, and were shown plenty of times, it is not bad to improve the clunky action the old hitman games had, if you leave it the way it is, it will flop and won't be acceptable at all.

Bottom line this all rage doesn't make sense IMO, Hitman Absolution still retain all the stealth elements the series had and improved them, it also has all the new action elements better than the older titles, and they are optional to use, there is no dumping down at all.

imported_Hitman_fan
1st Jun 2012, 10:13
I'm a let's call it "hardcore hitman fan"(although I don't like the term, and never brag about it, like I'm superior to others who haven't played the series, because I can play stealth, or whatever dumb reason), but I think there isn't anything to worry about Hitman Absolution, I think they try to balance the old with the new, the stealth and the action approaches.

In previous games you could go guns blazing, and you would've gotten "the psycho rating", don't know why so many asociate Hitman with a pure stealth game like SC(which is another series that I really enjoy).

To some getting that silent assassin ranking was much more challenging and rewarding(myself included) but that just how we want to play it, others can go for professional or even "psycho" for some fun.

This was always the best thing in the hitman franchise, you could play it however you wanted(except for some missions that had to be stealth), you weren't forced to take a certain path.

Same with Absolution, but now they are giving the action path more variety, making it more fun, less repetitive and boring.

But all the old mechanics are there. It's not like Hitman was a pure stealth game like SC and now it's something a la Serious Sam, or whatever, to say that they "ruined the series" and just took advantage of the name of the franchise to sell their product.

You play the role of a trained assassin, no one's telling you HOW to achieve your goal.but reward each experience, not just one type.Don't force someone to play in a certain way if he/she doesn't want. Make the lower difficulty setting
For me a good game is the one that can be played by many type of gamers, accesible and the higher difficulty level challenging and rewarding for the ones who want stealth or whatever. I think this is what the guys at IO want to achieve.

BTW I'm sure even though they won't sell 5 million copies it won't be a "fail", since they aren't owned by EA like the guys that did KoA. ;)

So many "hardcore gamers" are afraid that their favourite series will be more accesible to a "wider audience" like that is a bad thing. Many associate "casual" with "dumb, retards, idiot teens/kids", and act all selfish and arrogant that they can play a really difficult game, and brag about it. That series should stay like that forever(don't dare to make any changes, cause it might "ruin it", just change the graphics(a BIT), so they can brag with the fact that they are playing difficult, hardcore games. If it will be "accesible" they won't have anything to brag about.

Well I played hitman silent assassin when I was 13-14, it didn't feel difficult, and I played stealth, should I have bragged with this ? Should I feel superior, because I played a video game ?Should I consider others dumb because they didn't play it, or liked it ?

Many casual gamers are people that have different hobbies, and gaming isn't their passion, it's more of a way to relax and have fun with their friends, after work, or whatever.

Platinumoxicity
1st Jun 2012, 11:28
Many casual gamers are people that have different hobbies, and gaming isn't their passion, it's more of a way to relax and have fun with their friends, after work, or whatever.

The reason why stealth games exist is because people have a different definition for "fun". :) For apparently most gamers, their idea of fun is "overpowering" your opposition. For some gamers, namely those to whom franchises like Hitman were originally targeted at, the idea of fun is "outsmarting" your opposition.

Other types are "puzzles", "creativity" (Sims, NFS car customization), "advancement" (RPG) and "competition" (Online play) and for some gamers the fact that it's supposedly "a game" is irrelevant, as long as they get to experience a good story (Silent Hill) or to look at how much power their overpriced computer has (Crysis). For some people "fun" is faster, for others it's slower. And for some, "not fun" is "fun". Like Counter-Strike players and real-life professional athletes. :p

Sam_kain
1st Jun 2012, 12:18
And yet again and again and again IO proves that they were able to create a balance, at least going by this Preview (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/349919/previews/hitman-absolution-hands-on-with-the-nun-free-e3-demo/?page=1#top_banner), I am supporting IO cause they are doing one hell of a job.

MrAtmea
1st Jun 2012, 13:18
And yet again and again and again IO proves that they were able to create a balance, at least going by this Preview (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/349919/previews/hitman-absolution-hands-on-with-the-nun-free-e3-demo/?page=1#top_banner), I am supporting IO cause they are doing one hell of a job.

I have to admit, I was a bit scared when I saw the Saints trailer, but this article set my mind at ease.

They┬┤ll never know what hit them! :D

Sam_kain
1st Jun 2012, 13:35
^^ That's why I am asking the fans to ease up, they need to show the whole action badazz thing to increase the profit, but the stealth is there, and as deep as ever, it is easier to be talked about than shown.

sgg847
1st Jun 2012, 14:12
Stop whining in this thread, stealth lovers; the action is over.

imported_Hitman_fan
1st Jun 2012, 14:56
Read the Preview.
Oh boy, this will be the best hitman game ever. So many choices, so much freedom, more human AI! Reminded me about the levels in Hong Kong, of previous hitman games.

I'm so glad I was right, the skeptical cynics that said that this will be the worst hitman game, and will be a cover linear mindless shooter can suck it!

Travis_IO
1st Jun 2012, 15:01
As well as the preview linked above, I am very happy to present a round-up of the first hands-on previews based on 'The King of Chinatown'. You can see them all at the Barcode Society (http://www.barcode-society.com/weblog/KoCT-previews)

wazzup987
1st Jun 2012, 20:28
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
its a shame if hitman absolution become the same to splintercell conviction :(

no one wanted SC conviction except for coop

Sam_kain
1st Jun 2012, 20:39
^^ oh believe me there is alot to SCC than Co-Op, mainly D-Ops

wazzup987
1st Jun 2012, 20:40
heres the thing about sc conviction though. the features they added to attract FPS fans to the splinter cell franchise such as sonar vision and mark and execute (which made conviction one of the worst games i have ever played, and this coming from a hardcore SC fan who is now close to abandoning the series) those feature would actually add to hitman because, unlike Sam Fisher, hitmans legendary status would allow for his ability to pull of instakills where as Sam Fisher was just a soldier till conviction when they added super to the description and in doing so rewrote sams entire character.

hey there is still SC black list which is suposed to heading back to its roots

nirvana1
2nd Jun 2012, 12:53
Thank to u eidos for this trailer in chinatown ,different killing ways that was awesome and hopeful for old school fans,tnx ;)

http://www.filegir.com/files/sasanjfr/%5BE3_2012%5D_Hitman_Absolution_-_world%26%2339%3Bs_first_hands-on_footage_%5Btag22%5D.mp4

111BLACKLIGHTNING111
5th Jun 2012, 20:02

I'm mainly commenting to bump the thread but heres what I think with regards to what I quoted.

Frankly, if you're the lowest common denominator, you can kindly phuk off.

If you're a developer, you should be content making quality games that make you rich, instead of being a greedy phuk and making a game that is aimed at the zombie masses which will make you undeservedly filthy rich.

If you're a producer, stay the phuk out of the developers way.

4s4sin96
14th Jun 2012, 11:50
Let IOI and Square Enix make the game, and we will talk about the mistake's after...
Dont judge it now, because we dont know so much about all these things :scratch:

nirvana1
13th Jul 2012, 20:21
every things ok, just remove marking enemies that completely smells like conviction,and seeing through the walls without something?

EliteAssassin
13th Jul 2012, 22:01
every things ok, just remove marking enemies that completely smells like conviction,and seeing through the walls without something?

Just don't use it. How hard is that. No one is forcing you. And Instinct mode is only for easy difficulty.

nirvana1
13th Jul 2012, 22:28
Just don't use it. How hard is that. No one is forcing you. And Instinct mode is only for easy difficulty.

I didnt talk about myself, use it or not use it ,marking is an Imitation from splinter cell conviction.and is it possible to see other side of walls without anything?

KleanZlate
14th Jul 2012, 00:01
I didnt talk about myself, use it or not use it ,marking is an Imitation from splinter cell conviction.and is it possible to see other side of walls without anything?

"Seeing through walls" is meant to replace the old overhead map (remember 47's magic map that could follow EVERYONE?). 47 is supposed to have superior instincts as an assassin clone so he can predict where guards and targets will go. I know there is a suspension of disbelief when it comes to seeing targets through walls and I'll admit that I was looking forward to using the old magic map to plan my way of attack. I am however so foolishly optimistic about this game at the moment that they could say that 47 has to take out The Hulk in one mission and I'm not sure I'd care ;)

If the new additions happen to ruin the game I'll wreak havoc after I've tried it. Until then it's anticipation and excitement (apart from being occasionally annoyed by Blacklightning and that Russian guy hehe)

Travis_IO
14th Jul 2012, 07:08
Point Shooting and Conviction's Mark and Execute work very differently.

Point Shooting is intended as a way to replicate the split second decisions and rapid-fire shooting that 47 has the capacity to perform in a way that makes sense to the player. It allows you to take down enemies quickly in the same way that the real-life technique is taught; when you don't have time to shoot down your sights, you use your instincts to point and shoot.

It's an empowering feeling to take down multiple targets within a short time frame, especially as a last resort when you may have just been caught dragging a body and think that you are about to have all of your plans go to waste before quickly activating Point Shooting and pulling off two silenced headshots - at least it is for me.

KleanZlate
14th Jul 2012, 07:16

Point Shooting is intended as a way to replicate the split second decisions and rapid-fire shooting that 47 has the capacity to perform in a way that makes sense to the player. It allows you to take down enemies quickly in the same way that the real-life technique is taught; when you don't have time to shoot down your sights, you use your instincts to point and shoot.

It's an empowering feeling to take down multiple targets within a short time frame, especially as a last resort when you may have just been caught dragging a body and think that you are about to have all of your plans go to waste before quickly activating Point Shooting and pulling off two silenced headshots - at least it is for me.

That's a good point. In SC you can mark and unmark targets way ahead of time and take them out from a safe distance. So point shooting is more reactionary? Once you go into that mode there's no turning back and you have mark your enemies while they are reacting...? Do point Point shooting always force you to confront your target or can you use it from cover without being noticed?

Platinumoxicity
14th Jul 2012, 08:05
I hope that "point shooting" isn't a reactionary game mechanic designed to overcome an intentionally crippled control. Splinter Cell Conviction has mark and execute for one reason, and one reason only.

The designers wanted the game to look more cinematic, so digital mouse movement was out of the question. They added horrible mouse smoothing, that makes the camera look more physical and real instead of normal mouse aiming, but as a side effect, it completely ruins the control of the game. It makes it impossible to accurately aim at two consecutive targets. You can shoot one guy, but after that first shot, whether you can succesfully acquire the next one before being fired upon is anyone's guess because the game deliberately doesnt' let you aim properly. Mark and execute allows players to sidestep that major flaw by automating something they could have done by themselves if the game wasn't intentionally broken by the developers.

sgg847
14th Jul 2012, 14:07
I hope that "point shooting" isn't a reactionary game mechanic designed to overcome an intentionally crippled control. Splinter Cell Conviction has mark and execute for one reason, and one reason only.

At least for 5 reasons. I do not even say about the Blacklist where all features became much better and advanced.

p.s. and they do not make them optional!!!

RealSamFisher
14th Jul 2012, 16:51
5 reasons? Can you list them?

sgg847
14th Jul 2012, 19:53
5 reasons? Can you list them?

1. Executions.
2. Help in control (killing in motion, distraction).
3. Help in observation (marking enemies for controlling a situation).
4. Stimulus for action (challenges)
5. Cinematic experience
1+2+3+4+5= Awesome function for
6. Entertainment!

SonOfSparda
14th Jul 2012, 21:45
main difference between SC:C M&E and H:A Point shooting is, that in SC:C it was part of level design.. here it is not.

tbcdlad
14th Jul 2012, 22:25
Yeah, I kind of compare Absolution's point-shooting to RDR's dead eye mechanic more than mark and execute. Point-shooting is there to use if you find yourself in a sticky situation with a lot of enemies to kill, but otherwise you're not required to use it, it also looks like you only have a short amount of time to target the enemies you want to kill and if you can't, then you'll have a fight on your hands and possibly alert more enemies to your location because of the sound of gunfire. At least, that's what I've gotten out of the most recent footage I've seen.

nirvana1
14th Jul 2012, 22:27
main difference between SC:C M&E and H:A Point shooting is, that in SC:C it was part of level design.. here it is not.

but choosing enemies and mark them with red Signs isnt different,and you can complete missions without mark in conviction too,at least do something with point shootin for example : instead of choose enemies one by one like conviction, kill near enemies with just one Button or something like this,Its really better than to be like conviction.

SonOfSparda
15th Jul 2012, 00:17
but choosing enemies and mark them with red Signs isnt different,and you can complete missions without mark in conviction too,at least do something with point shootin for example : instead of choose enemies one by one like conviction, kill near enemies with just one Button or something like this,Its really better than to be like conviction.
I meant it differently, in some of the levels you went really stealth, 0 bullets fired etc.. and then magic scripted spawn happened or defend this spot section or interrogation and full comando in room (hello white house) -_- and there were many moments like 1 guard away from other to do takedown and refill your M&E...

BigBoss
17th Jul 2012, 18:03

That's still a dangerous road to walk down. Whenever you implement a "press this button to win" mechanic in a game, the line between playing a game and watching a low budget movie blurs, which usually sinks the game. (It usually happens more with japanese games than western ones)

sgg847
19th Jul 2012, 13:48
That's still a dangerous road to walk down. Whenever you implement a "press this button to win" mechanic in a game, the line between playing a game and watching a low budget movie blurs, which usually sinks the game. (It usually happens more with japanese games than western ones)
I would say the same about splinter cell (I didn't play other except of Conviction) which was an annoying pain in the ass without button "autosave". Meanwhile, one of the last Japanese action game was awesome for entertainment.

Platinumoxicity
19th Jul 2012, 14:24

Conviction is all about "press this button to DO EVERYTHING". Take for example an FPS game like Quake 2. You have the controls for jumping, crouching and moving etc. If you want to crawl through a window, you jump, crouch and move forward. That makes sense, right? You control the game, because you have a controller, the game has controls, and you are the player.

In games like Conviction, you just make decisions based on a choice the game gives you. "Press X to automatically jump through a window, or don't press X to not automatically jump through a window." The controls that the Quake 2 player uses to personally, manually accomplish that action don't even exist in a cinematic game like that. And worse yet, Conviction literally does everything from that one "button X" based on what you're looking at. And that combined with the hard-coded mouse acceleration that ruins the control produces a lot of frustration.

Can you imagine in a game like Quake 2, accidentally sliding over a table or accidentally climbing up a wall, when you were just trying to press a button nearby? Of course not, because those are complex multi-move actions that require complex multi-input control interaction. In Conviction, all it requires is slight mistakes in aiming, and pressing the right. -Entirely unrelated, complex multi-move actions, executed with one contextual control input. What you get is a game that looks cool and fun, as long as you're not the one playing it.

I mean, who is dumb enough to program two of the opposite actions into the same control key? The maximum stealth of using the fiberoptic camera, and the zero stealth of busting through the door are actually activated using the same button. It's just that if you aim low enough, you'll just use the camera. If not, you break down the door. I'm seriously wondering if Ubisoft wanted to make the game with the worst controls in history.

nirvana1
28th Jul 2012, 15:43
I need a hero ,not the man who kills ***** nuns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCOPuGBg_W0&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL75B1E11956D672F2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCOPuGBg_W0&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL75B1E11956D672F2

sgg847
29th Jul 2012, 21:01
I need a hero ,not the man who kills ***** nuns.

Every nun will tell you that Second Commandment forbids having a hero;
Second Amendment allows you to forget about nuns when you face a loaded gun;
... and Apocalypse will come to those who hate the smell of napalm...!

nirvana1
29th Jul 2012, 22:47
Every nun will tell you that Second Commandment forbids having a hero;
Second Amendment allows you to forget about nuns when you face a loaded gun;
... and Apocalypse will come to those who hate the smell of napalm...!

pull the other one, all nuns just fu..ed up in few seconds, at least he can just defeat them instead kill them '' if he is a hero''.

Shadow47
30th Jul 2012, 07:31
I am however so foolishly optimistic about this game at the moment that they could say that 47 has to take out The Hulk in one mission and I'm not sure I'd care ;)

If the new additions happen to ruin the game I'll wreak havoc after I've tried it.

^ This. I as well am optimistic about this game. I see nothing wrong with this game. I have nothing but anticipation and excitement. I've played the previous games. I see no reason to question or criticize the upcoming game. With the last 4 games having been great to me, I trust that the fifth will be as well.

I'm not going to complain and say how things need to be removed, how the game looks bad, or how it isn't Hitman. It's fine. In fact, I already reserved this game. If anything, I love the features and changes being added to Absolution so far. I'll use them too.

I have no doubts about this game. I'll criticize when I play it.

nirvana1
30th Jul 2012, 12:43
^ This. I as well am optimistic about this game. I see nothing wrong with this game. I have nothing but anticipation and excitement. I've played the previous games. I see no reason to question or criticize the upcoming game. With the last 4 games having been great to me, I trust that the fifth will be as well.

I'm not going to complain and say how things need to be removed, how the game looks bad, or how it isn't Hitman. It's fine. In fact, I already reserved this game. If anything, I love the features and changes being added to Absolution so far. I'll use them too.

I have no doubts about this game. I'll criticize when I play it.

I hadnt doubt in splinter cell too,but suddenly I saw its isnt even splinter cell in conviction

tbcdlad
30th Jul 2012, 21:36
I hadnt doubt in splinter cell too,but suddenly I saw its isnt even splinter cell in conviction

Well, this isn't Splinter Cell, this is Hitman, and from what I have seen stealth and silence and choice are still huge components in the gameplay of Absolution, and the game doesn't force you to kill anyone in the game except for your target. Absolution doesn't look anything like Conviction to me, it looks like Hitman 5. Besides, at it's core, Conviction was a very good game, sure it was a deviation from the previous Splinter Cell games and the stealth they once granted the player, but it still managed to shine as a decent game, and it would have been a great game if it had a different name. So I feel that Absolution will be a great game simply because it is staying true to what the series has always been about, stealth, disguises, silent assassin ratings, and choice, where as Conviction sort of betrayed it's roots and went for a more action oriented approach.

I also agree with Shadow47 and KleanZlate, I don't really like criticizing things before I've tried them out for myself, and I actually love what I'm seeing from this game. It's looking like one of the best, if not the best game in the entire Hitman series. So I'm not worried, we'll be getting classic Hitman gameplay, not your typical, average, everyday action game. If you're worried about the gameplay being too much like Conviction, go to youtube and check out some of the gameplay footage for the King of Chinatown if you haven't already. Your fears will subside because Hitman hasn't really changed, it actually has been improved if anything.

sgg847
30th Jul 2012, 21:43

Of course it isn't annoying, old and retarded splinter cell, it is solid, agile, new and entertaining Conviction with more awesome features in Blacklist...

nirvana1
30th Jul 2012, 22:35
Of course it isn't annoying, old and retarded splinter cell, it is solid, agile, new and entertaining Conviction with more awesome features in Blacklist...

yes more features more graphic more........., but its not splinter cell anymore
Its another thing whit splinter cell's name

nirvana1
30th Jul 2012, 23:04
Well, this isn't Splinter Cell, this is Hitman, and from what I have seen stealth and silence and choice are still huge components in the gameplay of Absolution, and the game doesn't force you to kill anyone in the game except for your target. Absolution doesn't look anything like Conviction to me, it looks like Hitman 5. Besides, at it's core, Conviction was a very good game, sure it was a deviation from the previous Splinter Cell games and the stealth they once granted the player, but it still managed to shine as a decent game, and it would have been a great game if it had a different name. So I feel that Absolution will be a great game simply because it is staying true to what the series has always been about, stealth, disguises, silent assassin ratings, and choice, where as Conviction sort of betrayed it's roots and went for a more action oriented approach.

I also agree with Shadow47 and KleanZlate, I don't really like criticizing things before I've tried them out for myself, and I actually love what I'm seeing from this game. It's looking like one of the best, if not the best game in the entire Hitman series. So I'm not worried, we'll be getting classic Hitman gameplay, not your typical, average, everyday action game. If you're worried about the gameplay being too much like Conviction, go to youtube and check out some of the gameplay footage for the King of Chinatown if you haven't already. Your fears will subside because Hitman hasn't really changed, it actually has been improved if anything.

I didnt say its a bad game, I just dont agree some features for ex point shooting (in my opinion) its completely an imitation from marking in sc conviction and covering is the same too. just some things like this, Im sure its a good game ;)

Platinumoxicity
31st Jul 2012, 06:45
yes more features more graphic more........., but its not splinter cell anymore
Its another thing whit splinter cell's name

Exactly. It might be a new cool and entertaining game, but it has nothing to do with Splinter Cell. In fact it doesn't make any sense to call it Splinter Cell, because it will not attract more customers, because it caters to the non-Splinter Cell audience, and it will actually eliminate a portion of its own market because the Splinter Cell fans who see through this bs resent Ubisoft for it. Worst marketing strategy ever. The easiest marketing suicide.

Maybe if it was just called Blacklist, it would be a great game, for those who are into that sort of thing.

Though I'm really not that surprised. When all modern games seem to ship with deliberately added mouse acceleration thats only purpose is to make the controls dysfunctional and the game worse, it isn't really that surprising to see a game entirely built around a feature that guarantees diminished appeal.

sgg847
31st Jul 2012, 10:11
... but it has nothing to do with Splinter Cell. In fact it doesn't make any sense to call it Splinter Cell, because it will not attract more customers, because it caters to the non-Splinter Cell audience, and it will actually eliminate a portion of its own market because the Splinter Cell fans who see through this bs resent Ubisoft for it. Worst marketing strategy ever. The easiest marketing suicide.

Maybe if it was just called Blacklist, it would be a great game, for those who are into that sort of thing.

Though I'm really not that surprised. When all modern games seem to ship with deliberately added mouse acceleration thats only purpose is to make the controls dysfunctional and the game worse, it isn't really that surprising to see a game entirely built around a feature that guarantees diminished appeal.
Do you really believe that?

nirvana1
13th Nov 2012, 16:43
Hmmm,finaly you bring that Marking(point shooting) of splinter cell:cool: :l,but generaly absolution seems that will be a good hitman,tnx however:worship:

Balcony_Boy
13th Nov 2012, 16:46
Is this guy being serious splinter cell was the one that borrowed things from hitman why come on a community forum and accuse a game that hasn't even come out yet thats its copying from a game that constantly has copied himan grrr some people.

nirvana1
13th Nov 2012, 16:55
Is this guy being serious splinter cell was the one that borrowed things from hitman why come on a community forum and accuse a game that hasn't even come out yet thats its copying from a game that constantly has copied himan grrr some people.

didnt you see the trailes?

Balcony_Boy
13th Nov 2012, 16:58
didnt you see the trailes?
No i have only really just got into hitman however i know enough about its history to know whats the crack(Shropshire slang for idea)

nirvana1
13th Nov 2012, 17:03
No i have only really just got into hitman however i know enough about its history to know whats the crack(Shropshire slang for idea)

when you dont know about something you should first try it then talk about it ;)

Balcony_Boy
13th Nov 2012, 17:07
when you dont know about something you should first try it then talk about it ;)
True however i hate it when people compare games to other games i mean if there in the same genre of course there going to have similar features its like if you said paranormal activity was ripping off blair witch just because there found footage movies it makes no sense. :) plus you haven't played absolution yet your talking about it

nirvana1
13th Nov 2012, 18:33
True however i hate it when people compare games to other games i mean if there in the same genre of course there going to have similar features its like if you said paranormal activity was ripping off blair witch just because there found footage movies it makes no sense. :) plus you haven't played absolution yet your talking about it

first of all i love this game but still sad about point shooting and some things between hitman and conviction,and i accept with you we shoulnt compare games to other but when we know point shooting and seeing trough the walls and .... exist in this game

Duspende .
13th Nov 2012, 18:36
It's too late to do anything about it, really. I'm not saying you should just put a sock in it, but there's not really anything we can do about it. Maybe Square Enix Montreal will fix some of this for the next game.

Balcony_Boy
13th Nov 2012, 18:48
first of all i love this game but still sad about point shooting and some things between hitman and conviction,and i accept with you we shoulnt compare games to other but when we know point shooting and seeing trough the walls and .... exist in this game
Its just the developers trying to make the game more accessible to a new generation of gamers that are used to things being handed them on a plate doesn't mean it makes the game any easier :)

Spiderix
13th Nov 2012, 22:18
Game isnt out yet and you are calling it a splinter cell copy -.- oh sure you can change disguises, do awesome silent takedowns, customize a lot more weapons, melee weapons, ohh yeaah just like SC Conviction :mad2:

Driber
14th Nov 2012, 09:23
Oh god not this thread again. Who bumped it :mad:

Puds1970
14th Nov 2012, 09:35
Why do people always have to assume that it's a copy of anything?.
It's like saying that PES is a copy of FIFA.
Yes there may be core elements that are taken from a game. Such as mark and execute. But let's see how they play out in context to the game before we just assume its a clone.
Your concerns may turn out to be right but surely it's better to give it a chance first.

BigBoss
27th Jan 2013, 04:41
In the end it looks like we got conviction 2 instead of hitman

Irony
27th Jan 2013, 08:33
But it's still a good game, too bad they put the Hitman name on it.

Max Mouse
29th Jan 2013, 07:59
They should have called this game stalker Assassin or something because this is not a hitman game....The disguise system is all messed up and havent been thought up well... its weird that people find me suspicious by looking at me miles away and when they dont even see my face by wearing a mask because of this I cant never walk around and since when people find you suspicious if you wear the same outfit as them(They implying all cops and chefs from chinatown know each) and when their is only 1-2 sets of people who wears different outfits it makes the disguise system useless..Where the old hitman enjoyment of also whats with all the required crouching behind walls and corners in this game...They removed way too things that was in the Older hitman games I'm afraid that hitman is dead and I'm wasting my time hoping they go back to its old root in the next hitman game..

Tinfoilhat_Guy
29th Jan 2013, 09:08
Okay, how about going for legibility?

Anyhoo, I'm still going to buy Absolution unless it has technical problems, or just sucks really, really bad

You haven't even bought the game but dare to criticize the skeptics.... Idiot!

NIB
2nd Feb 2013, 23:32
Funny thing: ubi soft seemed to have learned from their mistakes and how they betrayed the splinter cell fans and will go back to the roots (at least kind of) with splinter cell blacklist. I wonder if i ever get to play a new and decent hitman game again.

fresh fish 101
3rd Feb 2013, 10:44
Funny thing: ubi soft seemed to have learned from their mistakes and how they betrayed the splinter cell fans and will go back to the roots (at least kind of) with splinter cell blacklist. I wonder if i ever get to play a new and decent hitman game again.

first of all, no one is betraying anyone. its business. you werent promised anything and certainly arent entitled to anything from these companies. if you think that a company cares that thier fans think they betrayed them (still following?) you're in for a surprise. and who's to say the new splinter cell wont suck balls? you cant predict that it will be good. and if companies "went back to thier roots" all the time like stupid uber-fans like you always want, then we'd be playing the same frickin game over and over year after year. grow up. there's things outside this world other than hitman and splinter cell. let the companies make their games and buy them or dont buy them, its up to you.

i hope you never get to play another good hitman game. i hope IOI make nothing but crappy hitman games from now on just so you wont "get to play a new decent hitman game again."

FOAD

NIB
4th Feb 2013, 09:09
first of all, no one is betraying anyone. its business. you werent promised anything and certainly arent entitled to anything from these companies. if you think that a company cares that thier fans think they betrayed them (still following?) you're in for a surprise. and who's to say the new splinter cell wont suck balls? you cant predict that it will be good. and if companies "went back to thier roots" all the time like stupid uber-fans like you always want, then we'd be playing the same frickin game over and over year after year. grow up. there's things outside this world other than hitman and splinter cell. let the companies make their games and buy them or dont buy them, its up to you.

i hope you never get to play another good hitman game. i hope IOI make nothing but crappy hitman games from now on just so you wont "get to play a new decent hitman game again."

FOAD

Wow, that escalated quickly.

I dont have a problem with improvment and progression, but Absolution just stepped to far away from the kind of gameplay that made the Hitman Series so popular.

Please stop your rude tone. I dont think its necessary.

QUANAH
5th Feb 2013, 21:20
You can play the game like Splinter Cell: CHAOS THEORY. I haven't played conviction so idk what this ***got OP is talking about. Real killers use stealth.

nirvana1
24th Feb 2013, 23:46
Hi guys long time no see,;) I think till now all hitman fans have finished this game or even not heavy fans "20%?" :D
In first trailer I said that this game going to be like sc conviction I would like your opinions it was truth or not.

My opinion :
generally it was a hitman game and I really love it,point shooting and seeing through the walls were most things that like conviction, face hiding was awesome but Collect points for this job was awful and color of screen will change if you use it,is that magic? puh :nut::mad2:
And for ex in an army all the soldiers cant notice you if you wear a uniform
you should every times Collect points and then hide your face then screen goes to slowmotion and other color,again Collect points hide your face slowmotion ........ is that sonic game or something? :scratch:
another Semblance was the short missions and the game was short like conviction,I dont undrestand that why they said just 20% will finish it.