PDA

View Full Version : Things I don't like the sound off in Absolution

Jagji56
21st Jun 2011, 04:35
Ok, few things I really don't like the sound off in the next Hitman game, and why.

1. 'Going Rambo'

I do not like this idea at all. I thought the whole idea of Hitman was for you to be a badass silent killer, not a gun-ho retard! This is not a game I wont this sort of choice in. This is not Assassins Creed, its not meant as a combat game. I like Hitman because you HAVE TO be like that. I like how the game is hard. What happens to the good old days of giving the player a experience? Now its all about player choice the experience!

Now, don't get me wrong I don't mind choice in a game that is set up like that, but Hitman has a history. You can't just go and change it like that.

2. 'Intuition'

Another 'LETS MAKE IT EASY' thing... sigh...... don't **** up Hitman by making it like Assassins Creed. If I want to play Assassins Creed, I will play it. If I want to play a hard core Stealth game, I will play Hitman. Stop fussing about the cod mentality* that todays gamers have.

Oh, and another thing. MULTILAYER IS NOT NEEDED FOR EVERY GAME ON THE PLANET! SOME GAMES DON'T NEED IT, AND HITMAN IS ONE OF THEM!

I want Hitman to BE Hitman, NOT Call Of Duty, NOT Assassins Creed, NOT ANYTHING BUT HITMAN! I would not mind a more story focused Hitman, but don't go and make it easy for anyone to play. Thats NOT HITMAN! Games are too easy now. We need games that challenge players, not more games that go 'HURRRR your grandma can do it better'.

And what ever you do, DON'T MAKE IT OPEN WORLD. We have to many of those games.

BigBoss
21st Jun 2011, 05:52
Ok, few things I really don't like the sound off in the next Hitman game, and why.

1. 'Going Rambo'

I do not like this idea at all. I thought the whole idea of Hitman was for you to be a badass silent killer, not a gun-ho retard! This is not a game I wont this sort of choice in. This is not Assassins Creed, its not meant as a combat game. I like Hitman because you HAVE TO be like that. I like how the game is hard. What happens to the good old days of giving the player a experience? Now its all about player choice the experience!

Now, don't get me wrong I don't mind choice in a game that is set up like that, but Hitman has a history. You can't just go and change it like that.

You could kill every single person in every level in all of the other games if you wanted to. (You have played a hitman game before, right?:scratch:)

2. 'Intuition'

Another 'LETS MAKE IT EASY' thing... sigh...... don't **** up Hitman by making it like Assassins Creed. If I want to play Assassins Creed, I will play it. If I want to play a hard core Stealth game, I will play Hitman. Stop fussing about the cod mentality* that todays gamers have.

The path finding mechanic is entirely optional, and I don't plan on using it at all. You have no right to complain about something that is completely optional.

Jagji56
21st Jun 2011, 10:29
You could kill every single person in every level in all of the other games if you wanted to. (You have played a hitman game before, right?:scratch:)

Yeah, I have played, and I know you can do it, but it was hard to do. I don't like the idea of it being made viable option. Hitman is not a commando, and should not be treated as such.

auric
21st Jun 2011, 10:50
Yeah, I have played, and I know you can do it, but it was hard to do. I don't like the idea of it being made viable option. Hitman is not a commando, and should not be treated as such.

Nor he's being made as such.
all the video shows, him taking them on 1 by 1, less than 5 at most. :D

Going Rambo by definition is like Call of Duty. Which is so not the case.
In fact, I think u'd die fast if u decide to just go "gun ho" in front of them all. Just like all the previous games.

I love making the option viable, hence making our choice to go covert more meaningful.
It shows we can do it without relying on force.

Like the Jedi & Sith, its meaningless to say ur with the light, when the dark don't exist.
:)

auric
21st Jun 2011, 10:53
Oh, and another thing. MULTILAYER IS NOT NEEDED FOR EVERY GAME ON THE PLANET! SOME GAMES DON'T NEED IT, AND HITMAN IS ONE OF THEM!

What multiplayer? I dun recall them making it.
:)

agent47.
21st Jun 2011, 14:32
MULTIPLAYER! why not? If you have a great game like HITMAN why not throw in sime extra content for the players, but dont just give it to us..... Make us earn it. Like the original Call of Duty WAW where you had to beat the campaign mode to play zombies.

KingNL
21st Jun 2011, 17:41
I agree with all of those, this game is really leaving me skeptical

BeardedHoplite
21st Jun 2011, 17:55
MULTIPLAYER! why not? If you have a great game like HITMAN why not throw in sime extra content for the players, but dont just give it to us..... Make us earn it. Like the original Call of Duty WAW where you had to beat the campaign mode to play zombies.

How about instead o' multiplayer, they give cool stuff like graphical filters or alternate suits for 47 or Avatar clothes.
You know, like in the olden days of videogaming, before companies like Activision nickel-and-dimed it out to you.

KingNL
21st Jun 2011, 18:01
How about instead o' multiplayer, they give cool stuff like graphical filters or alternate suits for 47 or Avatar clothes.
You know, like in the olden days of videogaming, before companies like Activision nickel-and-dimed it out to you.

Come on, the casual player (Ab5olution target audience) doesn't want free suits/graphical filters etc.
They want heartpounding multiplayer action and cover based shooting!

Lanzer
21st Jun 2011, 22:03
Come on, the casual player (Ab5olution target audience) doesn't want free suits/graphical filters etc.
They want heartpounding multiplayer action and cover based shooting!

There it is. The target audience. I hope to hell this company that took over Eidos doesn't get stupid. You try to make this Call of Duty or Assassins Creed and you'll see flocks of Hitman fans leave your market.

"familiar and yet significantly different experience from other Hitman Games" (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1167104p1.html) does not inspire much confidence. "Familiar and significantly different" could mean that I see the back of 47's bald head while trying to survive a grenade in multiplayer that some douchebag threw from the turret of his tank.

The idea of checkpoints? Multiplayer? The sex appeal in the trailer? A very sketchy approach to what made Hitman. It's that significantly different part that has me worried.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as of now, but David Bateman (the voice of Agent 47) and the Jesper Kyd (music composer) have not be asked to return to this upcoming title. I'm less concerned about Kyd's replacement Peter Keyd. His music for Kane & Lynch seems to be pretty good. Bateman's potential exclusion however is a symbolic shift of focus.

If the freedom of mission completion (gunning everyone down, sniping, bombings, strangling) get's ruined by set parameters I believe I speak for many when I say this... Peace out.

22nd Jun 2011, 08:10
You know, like in the olden days of videogaming, before companies like Activision nickel-and-dimed it out to you.Why instead of. Why can't you have both.

They want heartpounding multiplayer action and cover based shooting!What Multiplayer isn't Hard core gaming? Its way harder to play humans than AI.

"Familiar and significantly different" could mean that I see the back of 47's bald head while trying to survive a grenade in multiplayer that some douchebag threw from the turret of his tank.

The idea of checkpoints? Multiplayer? The sex appeal in the trailer? A very sketchy approach to what made Hitman. It's that significantly different part that has me worried.

When did multiplayer become a bad thing?
I have this crazy concept and it goes like this, you take something awesome and you add more to it like multiplayer. Example you got the prefect game Metal Gear+it got multiplayer. Its a good thing and I think its crazy when you list multiplayer as a bad thing. Who's the guy saying you can have one or the other?

Its crazy you talking about COD but Im talking about something New and unique kind of game like what they was trying to do with K&L FA.

jtr7
22nd Jun 2011, 10:02
Multiplayer is another kind of gaming entirely. A Hitman game and a Multiplayer game aren't even the same thing. You can have the same maps, the same tools, the same AIs, the same stuff, but you cannot have the same mission without gutting something, the same storytelling, and here's the real problem: It's such a different animal, it requires major development that the single-player alone does not, including separate networking and online support, debugging, playtesting, exploit management, and for games that are designed to be single-player, MP is often outsourced or developed after the single-player is released, if they don't start off rethinking the whole deal. It's a major undertaking, and since it costs a lot to develop, and doesn't bring much new to MP gaming to begin with (other than the toolset and how things look and animate, the gist is almost always the same kinds of MP game types). I haven't seen many new single-player-type game discussions over the last decade that haven't had a small group wanting multiplayer for it, and I haven't heard a single new idea for MP in many years. A lot of new stuff is technical, and if it's not communications related, it's usually not something unique to MP.

To turn your question back around, what's wrong with single-player that there's always a push for multiplayer no matter what kind of game it is? Other than the toolset, how can it be anything like the single-player game enough to truly retain the name and identity? How can the MP experience be strictly a Hitman experience and not mostly swappable with any other MP conventions? How can 47 infiltrate a compound when everyone in the place knows he's there from the very start? What's "new" and "unique" about it other than Hitman hasn't had MP, yet?

BigBoss
22nd Jun 2011, 11:05

Then don't play it that way. Problem solved.

auric
22nd Jun 2011, 14:02
Then don't play it that way. Problem solved.

Ya, its only a problem if they force u to do one way.

Lanzer
22nd Jun 2011, 16:00
Why instead of. Why can't you have both.

What Multiplayer isn't Hard core gaming? Its way harder to play humans than AI.

When did multiplayer become a bad thing?
I have this crazy concept and it goes like this, you take something awesome and you add more to it like multiplayer. Example you got the prefect game Metal Gear+it got multiplayer. Its a good thing and I think its crazy when you list multiplayer as a bad thing. Who's the guy saying you can have one or the other?

Its crazy you talking about COD but Im talking about something New and unique kind of game like what they was trying to do with K&L FA.

I'm sketchy about multiplayer. I'm trying to figure out how they intend to NOT make it a COD shoot-fest. Perhaps you are trying to find and kill the same target, or co-op? What many fans are saying is that designers usually focus either on singleplayer and multiplayer, or give half-ass attempts to do both. It's a legitimate concern since parent companies and investors require a deadline. I'd like to know how this title would be any different.

You say unique, how many multiplayer games are unique? COD, you run and gun. Battlefield, you run and gun. Halo, you run and gun. How would you stop your agent 47 from running towards your objective and gunning down anyone in his way simply to get there before the other agent 47 does?

Bevacur
22nd Jun 2011, 22:33
Multiplayer is in? This is a joke or just rumours?

25th Jun 2011, 06:33
To turn your question back around, what's wrong with single-player that there's always a push for multiplayer no matter what kind of game it is? Other than the toolset, how can it be anything like the single-player game enough to truly retain the name and identity? How can the MP experience be strictly a Hitman experience and not mostly swappable with any other MP conventions? How can 47 infiltrate a compound when everyone in the place knows he's there from the very start? What's "new" and "unique" about it other than Hitman hasn't had MP, yet?Thats the point they wouldn't know 47's there because everyone would be 47 or no one would be. So every ones 47 just for example.

I'm sketchy about multiplayer. I'm trying to figure out how they intend to NOT make it a COD shoot-fest. Perhaps you are trying to find and kill the same target, or co-op? What many fans are saying is that designers usually focus either on singleplayer and multiplayer, or give half-ass attempts to do both. It's a legitimate concern since parent companies and investors require a deadline. I'd like to know how this title would be any different.

You say unique, how many multiplayer games are unique? COD, you run and gun. Battlefield, you run and gun. Halo, you run and gun. How would you stop your agent 47 from running towards your objective and gunning down anyone in his way simply to get there before the other agent 47 does?Some games you run and gun with style like crises but thats another story. There are Tons of ways to stop run and gun and make stealth. One making 47's starting weapons something like a pistole with one clip and a knife, another thing would be your gamer tag would light up red if you where caught and stay like that for about 30 sec after you got away. So if your outside in the open or near a window snipers can snip you and any player can come after you. All this stuff is in that multiplayer thread.

I hear you when you talking about the game companies and them having to hire devs and all that but that has to do with buggeting and managing if they absolutely can't put it in with the game they can just start on it after the release.

BeardedHoplite
27th Jun 2011, 01:10
Multiplayer is in? This is a joke or just rumours?

I think the OP just sounded off how he wanted multiplayer and we all put him down.

mfvillain
27th Jun 2011, 05:17
yea by the sounds of it this game will be a rent for me. Still gotta wait for more info before i make my final decision

bbaker2012
28th Jun 2011, 14:51
I am not to crazy about having a multi-player option like wise. I got through the other games not once thinking "oh i wish bob could get online and join." Sorry that just means less control of MY style of completing the level MY way. But if they were to add a multi-player option here is how I would go about doing it.

1. All levels DO NOT need to be multi-player
(A few here and there not every single level needs to be compatible.)

2. DO NOT have two people playing as 47 or a 48,49,50....so on you get the idea.
(Why not instead of two people trying to be an agent on the OUTSIDE of the level, maybe have the second player be someone on the INSIDE? Like in the demo maybe my buddy Bob is one of the cops? When I come out with the hostage and he "acts" like he will shoot along with the rest he turns on the other cops that thought he was with them. Changing the flow of the entire level.)

3. NO ONLINE MATCHES
(That's stupid i'm not buying Hitman to play COD or Halo)

Even if they do make a horrible multi-player option you DO NOT HAVE TO PLAY IT. The keyword in the phrase is OPTION.
That's all my ranting. Feel free to bash accordingly.

LeeHong
28th Jun 2011, 16:04
bbaker2012 is exactly right.
A multiplayer in Hitman is ideal. It shouldn't be a shoot-em-up. All players shouldn't be hitmans.

1. Someone could be hitman. But use camouflage to hide identity.
2. Others can be of help (insiders) from the agency (like bbaker2012) said.
3. The rest can be antagonists ... like police or a target with limited playing capabilities ... E.g. If they have to sleep they have to ... but they can dispatch or command guards ... position them etc.

bloodmoney
4th Jul 2011, 20:37

You say unique, how many multiplayer games are unique? COD, you run and gun. Battlefield, you run and gun. Halo, you run and gun. How would you stop your agent 47 from running towards your objective and gunning down anyone in his way simply to get there before the other agent 47 does?

take out guns. BOOM! done. or have one bullet per round. or make it so it's either a gun w/ 1 bullet per spawn (if any spawns) or something much more helpful, like a syringe, or garrote srry fiber wire.

BigBoss
13th Jul 2011, 05:16
bbaker2012 is exactly right.
A multiplayer in Hitman is ideal. It shouldn't be a shoot-em-up. All players shouldn't be hitmans.

1. Someone could be hitman. But use camouflage to hide identity.
2. Others can be of help (insiders) from the agency (like bbaker2012) said.
3. The rest can be antagonists ... like police or a target with limited playing capabilities ... E.g. If they have to sleep they have to ... but they can dispatch or command guards ... position them etc.

OR it could have an online community in which we get the tools to make our own maps and populate with whatever we wish. They could take the best maps and clump them together as DLC

Rigglethor
15th Jul 2011, 05:49
I would love to have a muliplayer mode similar to the ship or bloody good time.
You guys do realize multiplayer doesn't mean everyone running around with a machine gun like a maniac?

Hell maybe even co-op missions, that would be fun.

EDIT: for those of you who don't know what those are i'll do my best to explain,

It starts with a group of people set loose on a map. Each person is then given instructions to kill ONE other player while not harming any others. The thing is one of the people there has been sent to kill you, and the person you are trying to kill is after someone other than you. Pretty much a bunch a people running around trying to kill their target while also trying to find out who wants to kill them. Go watch some gameplay footage or better yet play it to understand.

Genetic Engineer
15th Jul 2011, 13:48
Multiplayer would be interesting if it was done right, however I would like it completely separate from the campaign, everybody has their own style in campaign and I also think it should be a personal experience, so you completed it by yourself.

I also must say I wont be using the intuition or whatever mode it is, seems like just cheating to me :/

lurkingintheshadows
17th Jul 2011, 22:11
If Hitman:Absolution wants to be a more story driven game then by all means make it one but don't stray away from the games traditional format. What this means is don't combine the levels together to make it a story base such as games like Splinter Cell:Conviction. Keep each level separate from each other with different targets every time and stick to the original mission formula that every Hitman game has had. For example, select your load out for the level, given your briefing on the target, enter the level and kill your target, escape is the way this game should play out. To add a more story driven element, the developers could link the targets from each level together without actually combining the levels together. Personally, I want Hitman to stay as it always has been and that is entering a new mission every time with the missions being totally separate from the last one. I believe that sticking to the original formula with new tweaks such as scripted sequences, checkpoints, and a cover system will make Hitman:Absolution the comeback that both Hitman fans and IO are hoping for.
Another thing that disappoints me is the fact that IO has taken out the map that a player could use in previous Hitman games to find point of interests, enemy AI locations, and their targets. Instead IO has replace this useful tool with an all new instinct mode. Sure there are advantages to it but as always there are disadvantages. Advantages include not getting detected as easy, being able to plan your next move, etc. A disadvantage would be that this could make the game extremely easy. Being able to spot enemy paths could result in finishing a level like it was nothing. What is the point to achieving something if that something is easy to do? The point that I'm trying to make is that the fans and I included need a challenge so that when we do achieve a level there is a feeling of accomplishment.
In regards to multi-player, this aspect should not be applied to Hitman. The reasoning for this is that Hitman has always been a stand alone game and adding multi-player would ruin the experience Hitman games produce. This would also take away from the feel that the game gives to oneself. Some games are meant to be left without a multi-player and Hitman is definitely one of them. It would take away the whole meaning that the game has had.
Overall, Hitman:Absolution could be a trial and error game for the new Glacier 2 engine. With everything being said Hitman:Absolution is shaping up to be a game that I am certainly looking forward to.

lurkingintheshadows
17th Jul 2011, 22:14
There it is. The target audience. I hope to hell this company that took over Eidos doesn't get stupid. You try to make this Call of Duty or Assassins Creed and you'll see flocks of Hitman fans leave your market.

"familiar and yet significantly different experience from other Hitman Games" (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1167104p1.html) does not inspire much confidence. "Familiar and significantly different" could mean that I see the back of 47's bald head while trying to survive a grenade in multiplayer that some douchebag threw from the turret of his tank.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as of now, but David Bateman (the voice of Agent 47) and the Jesper Kyd (music composer) have not be asked to return to this upcoming title. I'm less concerned about Kyd's replacement Peter Keyd. His music for Kane & Lynch seems to be pretty good. Bateman's potential exclusion however is a symbolic shift of focus.

If the freedom of mission completion (gunning everyone down, sniping, bombings, strangling) get's ruined by set parameters I believe I speak for many when I say this... Peace out.

I agree with you in all aspects of this comment.

LeeHong
19th Jul 2011, 13:06
OR it could have an online community in which we get the tools to make our own maps and populate with whatever we wish. They could take the best maps and clump them together as DLC

Yeah, exactly. I remember Unreal GOTY (2000) with new maps created. The game is still alive today. Have u really thought how we would play for a decade if people are able to design levels?

Acid_Burn
20th Jul 2011, 15:31
I think you guys are forgetting that this is IOInteractive we're talking about here. If they do come out with DLCs, they're going to pull the same stunt they did with Kane & Lynch 2... Set aside certain assets on the game disc as "locked" and then charge you whatever to get access to them.
Then why does Steam download these DLCs every time I install the game?

Now in case you're wondering what IOInteractive means when they say "familiar and yet significantly different experience from other Hitman Games" - That's code for, "We're afraid our game isn't going to sell too well, so we're going to make it more like Splinter Cell" - Anyone that has played Splinter Cell can see the influences from the trailer. It's clear that they're taking the game in a very different direction and I for one could really give a . They took Kane & Lynch 2 in an entirely different direction, and nothing any of the fans said could have swayed them from this.

No no no. Last week I spent in Copenhagen. And I was honored to spent 2 days in IOI's HQ. What they showed me is good old Hitman that we all like. Yes, there are some new things, but still it's not SC: Conviction.
Everyone's scared of new Instinct mode. Thing is, you do not have to use it unless you want. You can be Rembo Assassin or you can complete a level without being noticed.

21st Jul 2011, 07:14
No no no. Last week I spent in Copenhagen. And I was honored to spent 2 days in IOI's HQ. What they showed me is good old Hitman that we all like. Yes, there are some new things, but still it's not SC: Conviction.
Everyone's scared of new Instinct mode. Thing is, you do not have to use it unless you want. You can be Rembo Assassin or you can complete a level without being noticed.Its funny, the mass hysteria over Splinter Cell Conviction. Its to the point that, it seem like alot of people just came here to complain about SC: Conviction. I can still remember what people were saying about this gameplay (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=118073), how it looked like SC:Conviction when IT REALLY DIDN'T! rather it looked like 47 had taken a few moves from splinter cell but how they saw Conviction I don't know.

But its not just the Instinct Mode but the fact that the levels will be more linear this time instead of just improving what they had, and that how its like Splinter cell.

Chillz
23rd Jul 2011, 00:24
If they have a Multiplayer it should be something along the lines of Splinter Cell's
convictions. its not really Multiplayer but Co-op campaign.
Those who played it understand what I'm talking about.
The muliplayer campaign was a completely different story and didn't use the main character.

Exeman
16th Aug 2011, 13:28
Hey, multiplayer-haters, not every game including several players is nessesarily a RUN_AND_GUN_SHOOT_EVERYTHING_YOU_SEE_COVER_SHOOT_COVER_SHOOT type of game. See AC:Brotherhood, SC:Chaos Theory, hell, even the so-frowned-upon Conviction's co-op wasn't so bad. There are lots of ways of doing a stealth multiplayer properly, but most video game manufacturers nowadays sacrifice good gameplay for a low entry barrier. We can only hope Eidos and IOI won't resort to that.

LeeHong
17th Aug 2011, 15:29
I just read an article in the internet saying that all levels are going to be in the United States. The 1st two games (Codename 47 and Silent Assassin) were liked mainly because their story's' depths. The level's environment also varied ... English Old Mansion, Chinese Restaurant, Harbor/Ship, Budapest Hotel, etc.

These varieties keep us eager to play every time we jump into a new level. If Absolution is stuck with one country entirely there better be a good story backing it up!! Personally I am a bit turned off by it.

18th Aug 2011, 08:14
See AC:Brotherhood, SC:Chaos Theory, hell, even the so-frowned-upon Conviction's co-op wasn't so bad.
It good that you mentioned Splinter Cell because up till conviction they aways had a competitive multiplayer mode. Splinter cell pandora tomorrow, Chaos Theory, and Double Agent had multiplayer so if they can do it they should.

Suxita
18th Sep 2011, 06:02
I want weapon echo.Like in Hitman movie,when 47 shoots para-ordinance P18 with suppresor in Subway.+ Silencer echo

RZ47
18th Sep 2011, 11:16
I do NOT like the sound of this game one bit soo far. It sounds nothing like a hitman game and everything has been changed. Again, according to wikipedia, the gameplay style will be "similar to Batman Arkham Asylum", the map with the enemies on it will be taken out of the game and we now have a "stealth mode". That DOES NOT sound like a hitman game one little bit at all. No David Bateson, YES I WILL KEEP BRINGING THIS UP AS ITS A DISGRACE!!!!!!!!

EVEN MORE DIABOLICAL IS THE FACT THAT JESPER KYD'S FANTASTIC CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT BE IN THIS GAME, ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!

IVE BEEN WAITING 6 YEARS FOR THIS GAME, THEY COULD HAVE SURELY WORKED IT AROUND "THE VERY VERY BUSY" JESPER KYD. ASSASSIN'S CREED SUCKS BY THE WAY, IT WILL NEVER EVER BE ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS HITMAN WAS.

Acid_Burn
18th Sep 2011, 11:24
Again, Absolution has nothing in common with Batman.

RZ47
18th Sep 2011, 19:38
I didn't write the section about it on wikipedia. AND anything that is put onto wikipedia must have credibility or it is erased by wikipedia. For those too lazy to go to wikipedia and read it themselves i will copy it on here...

"Confirmed information
Lists of miscellaneous information should be avoided. Please relocate any relevant information into appropriate sections or articles. (August 2011)

David Bateson will not be voicing Agent 47.[9][10][11] There is currently an online petition to bring back David Bateson as the voice of 47.[12]
Agent 47's handler, Diana Burnwood, has a "close relationship" with 47 in Absolution.[13]
Vivienne McKee, who has always voiced 47′s handler, Diana, has been replaced by Marsha Thomason.[14]
The main antagonist is revealed to be Blake Dexter, a new character to the series. The character will be voiced by Keith Carradine.[13]
The game is only going to be set in the United States, with one portion taking place in Chicago.[15]
The game will be released around 2012.[16]
Players will be able to set up elaborate traps.[17]
A new mode, called "Instinct", *****ATTENTION TO THIS BIT*******works much like the detective mode in Batman: Arkham Asylum.[18]
Map screen is replaced by the aforementioned "Instinct" mode.[18][19]
Players will no longer be able to manually save the game.[20][21]
Players will be able to utilize a "tag and kill" mechanism during Instinct mode that is similar to the one in Red Dead Redemption.[22]
The game will feature some scripted action sequences and smaller sandbox levels that are divided by checkpoints.[23][11]
The original soundtrack for the game is composed by Peter Kyed and Peter Peter, replacing the game's previous composer, Jesper Kyd.[11]
"

TAKEN FROM WIKIPEDIA'S HITMAN ABSOLUTION THREAD, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitman_Absolution

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU DISMISS ANYTHING VALID

RZ47
18th Sep 2011, 19:43
Also, AGAIN, I DO NOT want to play anything different and new. This new game is not going to be anything like the others, they have messed about with far too much and they are going to lose a-lot of loyal fans. I have purchased all the previous games and on multiple consoles, I have also purchased a-lot of Hitman collectables and merchandise. I will NO longer be doing this untill I get what I want, a damn Hitman game!!!

Not some new rubbish that the developers think will generate more revenue!!!!

It's suppposed to be about the fans, not the dollars in the bank!

Nogarda
18th Sep 2011, 23:25
You use one graphics engine people recognise...[/sarcasm]

Insane fanboy's need to CTFD and take a chill pill we've seen sweet FA of the game so far. With a good 10 months from anything even remotely resembling a release date if it still isn't alpha from E3 which means the game isn't even finished being built at that time.

You can always tell when a game needs new tidbits of info, the forums practically die down, and all you are left with are the raving loony's with conspiracy/boycott moaning's 'running around' like headless chickens.

RZ47
18th Sep 2011, 23:45
Listen to the hardman running his mouth online, how about you take a shut your mouth pill and do any mouthing to my face in person!!!

It's a good job they are not finished this game, because they need to remake it and do it properly!! And YES I will be moaning and going on and on and on and on and on about boycotting this came, because it's totally unacceptable and a damn right disgrace the changes they have made already. If you are prepared to sit back and do nothing that is your choice, but i will NOT be, nor will I be quiet or told what to do on here.

Again, anyone who wants to be an internet tough guy and come and say anything about me to my face in person, NOT on here like a coward.

AND YES, I AM A FANATICAL HITMAN FAN, WHICH IS ALOT MORE THAN I CAN SAY ABOUT YOU AND MANY OTHERS ON HERE!!!!

Nogarda
19th Sep 2011, 11:02
Maybe if you didn't sound like a complete looney toon, thinking you know more about Hitman than IO Interactive do about Hitman, you might get somewhere. However you failed at that, and are even less skilled at being trollbait. http://bit.ly/r1dAKt

I have seen only one genuinely helpful critcism and contribution to the game so far from fans, and that was to add a quick pick up animation rathar than things warping into hitman's hands when picking up situational melee items shown in bootleg quality footage.

RZ47
19th Sep 2011, 12:06
No the difference between us is that I KNOW what I want and you are just happy to accept what you are gave. I have my opinions and you have yours. Again if you want to be a tough guy on here, that really says it all. You are the one name calling, not me!

I WILL keep going on and on and on...untill i get my point accross. This is an eidos forum, so it's a definate that the developers are keeping an eye on everything and can see exactly what I want, the "real" hitman fans want and what the rest are happy to accept. I WON'T accept second rate rubbish as I rate hitman so highly for a reason, BECAUSE OF THE GAMEPLAY!!!!!

The "real" fans WANT David Bateson AND for you DEVELOPERS, to WORK around Jesper Kyd's "very busy schedule".

Nogarda
19th Sep 2011, 12:45
good luck with your pointlessness then, because David ain't comin back, love the guy but aint sweet FA any of us can do about that. Jesper Kyd is with the 'enemy' franchise now and considering they are doing annual releases, it will be a good while until he is 'free' to do anything else other than Assassin's Creed.

You've seen the gameplay as well as I have, it looks better than ever, if you look around the areas shown in the demo there are multiple paths you could take the two major things ppl complain about on here are the two biggest things that cant really be changed. Bateman and Kyd.

I shall hold off being a raving loony until I have seen a genuine playthrough of a level. I simply want proof certain 'events' can either be avoided, or don't effect SA ranks. otherwise hitman is still as badass as ever. We can speculate all we want, it's up to IO-Interactive to save thier reputation after the 4 hours debacle that was K&L2.

RZ47
19th Sep 2011, 19:56
Thats a very good and fair point. Im just completely outraged at the manner David Bateson is being treated with. I've copied this from his own website and it's his own words...

"It’s not been a dull year so far. To all the fans of the computer game series Hitman, I am extremely disappointed to announce that after 11 years as the voice of Agent 47, I have been unceremoniously dropped from the franchise. May I take this opportunity to warmly thank all those who have written to me in support.

I really appreciate it and I only hope for your sakes, Hitman Absolution lives up to all our expectations. I am sure it will. I have been honoured to have been a part of such an incredible game.

For legal reasons, I cannot comment further at the moment.

Kind regards," http://www.davidbateson.dk/

Why treat this man like this, after all his hard work on the previous games and his obvious popularity with the fans. I understand again, where you are coming from with Jesper Kyd, but it just does not seem right to me to make another game and not have Jesper composing the music. His soundtracks made me want to play the previous games more and sadly still make me want to play them all the time. Im just a guy who does'nt like change, especially when I believe it's for the worst.

PLEASE REINSTATE BATESON

Nogarda
20th Sep 2011, 00:38
The lack of Bateson is going to be the only genuine thing we as long term fans are going to have to get over and get used too.

Luckily Hitman has a clear and obvious blueprint in terms of how he is as a character and a person. Storywise it seems clear from the info we have available Absolution is going in a different direction to the franchise thus far, ala hitman on the run while seeking out the truth and having a classic take out the target mission or so.

A really good question is, are the subtle details hidden in the mission still, or are the 'events' going to give us a deeper plotline than before. That is a win/win situation as players because we still get those curtain down dressing room moments or the possible new direction where we see hitman bust open the escape door for a awesome yet powerful scene might bring a more epic delivery of things we have grown too used to.