PDA

View Full Version : Things that "must" to be in Absolution

Hunter-Wolf
18th Jun 2011, 12:11
Hi, i can't deny i was pretty excited after hearing about the announcement of the new Hitman game .. but i was equally worried .. and that has a reason .. when i first played the original Hitman it was quite a blast .. then the 2nd expanded a lot of things in a good way but a problem that was subtle in the first became a nightmare in the second game .. it turns out that you can easily finish any level by running and gunning all the enemies till you reach the target and finish him off ... it started ruining the game for me .. and by the third game i totally gave up on it.

Enter Hitman:Blood Money

By pure luck i stumbled upon it and decided to give it a try and see if the problem was fixed or not .. and heck .. it was .. and it belw my expectations out of the water by being the best Hitman game ever made and one of the best most enjoyable true stealth games out there (even better than Thief XD).

Now i'll list the things that made Blood Money te epic awesome game it is and why i think these things MUST make it into the new Hitman if they really want to build upon the success of Blood Money which accumulated all the great things about the franchisee.

First:Ability to throw any object in hand (weapons, gadgets and bombs, random item picked from environment) .. not just the ability to drop any item in hand (which is useful also) .. but a throw (and a "physics enabled" throw) .. this ability has numerous and ingenious uses that created some of the best moments in my Blood Money play-through (spoiler: like throwing my gun in the Spa mission into my balcony in the 2nd floor to sneak it in from the outside then going in from the main door to pick it up later) or using objects to distract enemies and many other uses.

Second:Ability to put small object inside big objects (weapons, gadgets and bombs, random items) inside (bags, cakes, tool boxes, ... etc etc) .. this ability created some of the best scenarios and assassination moments in the game .. and the flexibility of the system allowed for many creative ideas.

Third:Ability to buy/upgrade weapons and various gadgets (specially remote bombs) and buy info, bribe witnesses and get rid of any evidence you left behind using the money you gain from doing jobs.

Fourth:The Notoriety system and the news papers articles about assassination .. those two really were ingenious ideas that motivated me to really be stealthy and rewarded stealthy behaviors really well .. it made Silent Assassin a goal to reach and enjoy reaching.

Fifth:Variety of Locals and assassination scenarios .. it wa just great in BM .. you never stayed in a location for too long .. always traveling from one locale to another and each presents a unique, fresh and different challenge to your assassination skills .. keep that XD

Sixth:No hand holding please .. i loved how BM gave the player the freedom to tackle any scenario as he/she sees fit .. no forced scenarios or pre-scripted non-sense scenario that can only be done one way (supposedly one COOL LOOKING way .. but no thanks) .. the only scenario that forced you a little to work by its rules was the tutorial after that you are let loose .. and that's understandable .. but i hope Absolution isn't plagued by that "hand-holding" trope spreading in games today (i'm looking at you Final Fantasy 13).

Point is .. if any of those systems are removed it will really IMO ruin the game and make it feel like it is walking backwards instead of building upon the awesomeness of BM and keeping all the good stuff from it while adding new stuff to it.. if any of these doubts are true i'll really have second thoughts before buying Absolution and will sadly boycott Hitman series like i did after Hitman 2 (and i'm sure many share the same sentiment).
--------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for now .. i'm excited to hear new info about Absolution and welcome new ideas and systems (like the instinct vision) as long as the game stays true to its legacy and has the spirit of its awesome prequel Blood Money.

Nogarda
18th Jun 2011, 16:15
it will still be the same base game blood money was, with all the new additions from all the interviews i've read. instinct is something you can turn off, fibre wire kills are better than ever, sneaking is better than ever, hitman can interact with the level enviroment itself even better, AI is even better, the only thing not in Absolution is the end mission newspapers but its not like they were in any of the before blood money.

Then not to mention the fact Hitman is IOI's baby so to speak, they aren't going to screw up thier premiere franchise. Plus the fact no-one can judge Absolution considering its only been privately demo'd and had the trailer release. Basically there is a longway to go before it is released; hold your horses. :)

CoDEllite
18th Jun 2011, 19:13
Some kind of co-op mode is key. I just had so much fun with my bud in SC: Conviction's co-op . Two assassins with same goal. Sweet.

jtr7
18th Jun 2011, 19:53
...not to mention the fact Hitman is IOI's baby so to speak, they aren't going to screw up thier premiere franchise.

Heh. If only that were fact, not optimism. Developers and publishers screw up major franchises too frequently to state it's a fact that they won't.

Erduk
19th Jun 2011, 07:25
Some kind of co-op mode is key. I just had so much fun with my bud in SC: Conviction's co-op . Two assassins with same goal. Sweet.

No. Hell no. The less like splinter cell conviction this game is the better. Agent 47 doesn't have a partner, nor will he ever. The BEST they could do is clone the clone, and then they'd probably end up parting ways regardless. 47 just doesn't work with other people. Simple. No multiplayer!

20th Jun 2011, 01:35
it turns out that you can easily finish any level by running and gunning all the enemies till you reach the target and finish him off ... it started ruining the game for me .. and by the third game i totally gave up on it.
Enter Hitman:Blood Money
By pure luck i stumbled upon it and decided to give it a try and see if the problem was fixed or not .. and heck .. it was .. and it belw my expectations out of the water by being the best Hitman game ever made and one of the best most enjoyable true stealth games out there (even better than Thief XD).
What how did Blood Money Fix that problem? Blood Money is by far the easiest to run and gun Blood Moneys the only hitman game where the NPC just run into 47's face like flys into a bug zapper. You want to kill every body on the level stand at a door and just start shooting and every one is dead.
I agree with everything thats on your list but its interesting that throwing things is the first on that list.

Hunter-Wolf
20th Jun 2011, 06:45
What how did Blood Money Fix that problem? Blood Money is by far the easiest to run and gun Blood Moneys the only hitman game where the NPC just run into 47's face like flys into a bug zapper. You want to kill every body on the level stand at a door and just start shooting and every one is dead.
I agree with everything thats on your list but its interesting that throwing things is the first on that list.

It is mainly fixed by several things
-You get money from perfect assassinations and that money is needed to upgrade weapons and buy better guns and gadgets.
-Running and Gunning and High notoriety gives you a low assassination score and much less money making the game annoying on the long run.
-The freedom to tackle any assassination in many different ways (along side physics) made silent assassinations fun to do.

For me BM was the first Hitman where i did most assassinations (85% or more) silently and enjoyed it a a lot (it was possible to do all missions through silent assassinations in previous Hitman games but it wasn't really an enjoyable experience).

As for putting "throwing" first .. well .. i wasn't really too keen about the order of things .. but also .. physics enabled throwing allowed me a lot of creative assassinations and tricks (like the one i mentioned on the SPA level) so it came to my mind first. XD

the only thing not in Absolution is the end mission newspapers but its not like they were in any of the before blood money.

No problem .. but at least i hope the notoriety system is still there.

No please, i'd like Agent 47 to stay the way he is .. a lonesome assassin ... i'm all for co-op in games .. but i don't think it fits well with the Hitman play-style .. it worked well with Splinter Cell Conviction becasue it is more action oriented that Hitman .. Hitman for me is slowly planning your kill ... monitoring guards patrols .. picking suitable disguise ... planting bombs in gift boxes and cakes .. creeping behind lonely guards ans snapping their necks with the piano wire .. in short .. it is a much slower, tactical and methodical affair.

20th Jun 2011, 07:20
No please, i'd like Agent 47 to stay the way he is .. a lonesome assassin ... i'm all for co-op in games .. but i don't think it fits well with the Hitman play-style .. it worked well with Splinter Cell Conviction becasue it is more action oriented that Hitman .. Hitman for me is slowly planning your kill ... monitoring guards patrols .. picking suitable disguise ... planting bombs in gift boxes and cakes .. creeping behind lonely guards ans snapping their necks with the piano wire .. in short .. it is a much slower, tactical and methodical affair.

Ok everybody keeps shooting down the idea of coop without really thinking about it. I was think they had coop on Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, so the game being action oriented don't really have any thing to do with it. You can have stealth coop and it won't become like SS:conviction.
47 is a lone assassin but they could do it like how Halo does, Master chief is a one man army and there's only one of him but when you play coop theres simply another one, but it has no impact on the story. So even if they don't want to put coop in the story mode which I don't see why not there could be an extra arcade mode where you can replay levels with a friend.

Hunter-Wolf
20th Jun 2011, 08:06
Ok everybody keeps shooting down the idea of coop without really thinking about it. I was think they had coop on Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, so the game being action oriented don't really have any thing to do with it. You can have stealth coop and it won't become like SS:conviction.
47 is a lone assassin but they could do it like how Halo does, Master chief is a one man army and there's only one of him but when you play coop theres simply another one, but it has no impact on the story. So even if they don't want to put coop in the story mode which I don't see why not there could be an extra arcade mode where you can replay levels with a friend.

But it is a fact that Splinter Cell is more action oriented than Hitman, and its Co-op mode is even way more action oriented than its SP mode ... it is mostly about shooting the other players (even if it is from the shadows or stealthy) .. but in Hitman it is more about your assassination plan .. which might not involve even firing a single bullet .. and your plan might actually take long time to carry out and can be a very slow affair .... designing co-op stealth assassination missions that actually work right with Hitman style and require actual co-operation (and don't devolve into big fire-fights) will require too much resources/time and maybe even a dedicated dev team .. which might affect the work on the SP experience in some way which is unacceptable.

CoDEllite
20th Jun 2011, 22:38
But Hitman isnt a stealth game LOL. Same way as Ass Creed isnt

Hunter-Wolf
20th Jun 2011, 23:38

Sorry .. but Hitman is a stealth game .. actually one of the best and few "real" stealth games out there .. playing as "silent assassin" dictates that you finish your mission and assassinate your target with minimal detection and without anybody knowing you were there .. if that's not stealth i don't know what is.

And yeah .. Assassins Creed is becoming less and less about stealth and more about action with each new installment.

Oh .. and by the way .. stealth isn't only creeping around in shadows or peeking from corners ... it has a much broader definition than you think.

Jagji56
21st Jun 2011, 04:44

Hitman is not Conviction. Don't get the two confused. Games need to start being them self, instead of trying to be everything else, and this point of view is not helping.

Stealth is not just hiding, and staying out of sight. its also being able to be in plain sitght without any knowing your not suppose to be there. You blend in with the crowed, become unseen and un-able to be anything but a silent killer. You get in, kill your target, and get out without anyone thinking 'Who is that, and what is he doing?' Hiding in plain sight....That is TRUE stealth.

The fact your name is CoDElite tho, makes me think of you as just a little kid who knows nothing at all about REAL games, so until you get that name changed, you don't get any respect. Unless of course your talking about being elite at fishing... but I don't think you are.

BigBoss
21st Jun 2011, 05:35

As long as it takes nothing away from the singleplayer, I couldn't care less.