PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cents for keeping people happy

Dimhenion
15th Jun 2011, 19:37
So I know that there's gonna be some new features this time around that several "hardcore fans" (myself included) aren't too thrilled about that are meant to broaden the appeal of the game. So here's my suggestion, make it all part of the difficulty level. For example:

Easy
More save slots
Instinct Enabled
Item Glow Enabled
Less intelligent AI

Normal
Fewer save slots
Instinct Optional*
Item Glow Optional*
More intelligent AI

*I would suggest having it on during the tutorial, then at the end of the tutorial give the user the option to disable it, as well as keeping the option under the settings menu.

Professional
No save slots
Instinct disabled
Item Glow disabled
Max AI intelligence

This way, since most of the "hardcore fans" would be playing on the higher difficulties anyway, then the experience wouldn't change for them. And the people who are new to the series can start off on Easy and get a better understanding of the mechanics, and then bump up their difficulty accordingly. During loading screens you could even have a message like "Having trouble? Try lowering your difficulty" to encourage new people to try Easy mode rather than just giving up and returning the game.

Nogarda
15th Jun 2011, 21:44
from my understanding instinct mode and item glow are option screen choices you can toggle on/off. I'm sure pro will be tweaked to be one shot perfect runs as usual.

KingNL
16th Jun 2011, 12:45
Why the hell would they even put glow in????

This is just ridiculous I'm sorry

Sn4ke47
16th Jun 2011, 14:21
from my understanding instinct mode and item glow are option screen choices you can toggle on/off. I'm sure pro will be tweaked to be one shot perfect runs as usual.

Same here, I'd like that choice to be optional it's a great idea for hardcore fans!