PDA

View Full Version : Viral Marketing Idea

disjointed
13th Jun 2011, 18:36
As Eidos and CD are working towards a younger Lara, I think to create some buzz for the upcoming game they should use Twitter as a medium to advertise. I know Tomb Raider already has a Twitter account, however I think they should make one for Lara. As it gets closer to the release date, on Lara's twitter she can write tweets and post pictures for her upcoming voyage as she's preparing for it. Her tweets wouldn't contain any media from the game, but she could post a picture of her and a friend or her graduation, her thoughts while preparing for her new adventure, etc etc. As they are using current technology in the game (ie, her iPhone, Dr. Dre headphones, etc), it would make sense for CD and Eidos to use Twitter as a medium for advertising. This would also help their goal of making Lara a girl would can all relate to and understand. I think it would really help the storyline. I'm not sure if this has been done before, so it would make another benchmark for the Tomb Raider franchise.

Tell me what you think, and thanks for listening!

Xoomer
13th Jun 2011, 20:00
I think this is a great idea. I don't know, if this has been done for another game, but Barney Stinson from "How I Met Your Mother" has his own Twitter-account, which is still updated from time to time.

Cristiavano
13th Jun 2011, 20:31
if i make teh twitter would squeidos do a copyright claim??? but then again i don't have access to those pics...

chriss_99
14th Jun 2011, 20:28
That's quite a nice idea. However, I always perceived Lara as someone who follows her own style and not trends.

Facebook or twitter is not a place where Lara is expected to be. That's just my opinion, though. CD has got totally new approach and ideas for Lara, so they might actually implement your idea somehow.

d1n0_xD
14th Jun 2011, 20:32
That's quite a nice idea. However, I always perceived Lara as someone who follows her own style and not trends.

Facebook or twitter is not a place where Lara is expected to be. That's just my opinion, though. CD has got totally new approach and ideas for Lara, so they might actually implement your idea somehow.

There's already Lara's page on Facebook relating the new TR ^^

chriss_99
15th Jun 2011, 06:57
Yeah, I know. But it's not like her personal page, rather than that it's just a Crystals page with info and updates about the game.

andrew90
15th Jun 2011, 13:19

Facebook or twitter is not a place where Lara is expected to be.

This.

Silvermoth
16th Jun 2011, 10:05
I reckon she would use facebook but mainly to update her followers on what she's up to not just boring stuff she's seen. I reckon she would be a very popular facebook user as well as a bestselling writer.