PDA

View Full Version : How big of a TR fan r u?

lookalikelara
11th Jun 2011, 21:35
I was wondering recently if people are actually as crazy of TR as me. I think i have at least three copies of each game ( for pc, xbox, and ps3)... and a couple for the DS too. Now that I think about it thats pretty sad. The first TR game I played was the 3rd and I think i was like 5 ... thats when she became my rolemodel :). I have played every game since then making sure to unlock all trophies and aceivements on xbox and ps3 inclusing the ones where you have to find ALL of the treasures. also I would never ever ever use a walkthrough... thats just cheating ;) even if im stuck for hours. I even just recently bought the first and second TRs to play them even though the bad graphics. I dont know why she even became such a big rolemodel in my life. maybe cuz were kinda alike. I travel alot, i do gymnastics, and i have that in your face attitude. also i think I would buy any tr game no matter how bad people say it is. ......... hmmm ive also been her for halloween a couple of times.... i guess id just like to see if there are anyother realy big TR fans and to what extent are you a fan?

Blackfire
11th Jun 2011, 22:21
First of all, let's have a little grammar lesson.
"r" and "u" are not complete words. Remember to capitalize your single I's. Remember to use in apostrophe in "don't" and "I've. These words are called contractions, and require an apostrophe. "cuz" is not a word, if you are breaking the word "because" use an apostrophe and write the word part. Example: 'cause.
"I even just recently"
"even" and "just" are useless words in this sentence, and "aceivements" is spelled "Achievements"

Yes, I am a grammar nazi, and I strongly urge you to participate and concentrate thoroughly in your grammar or English/Language arts class. Your kind of spelling will not be acceptable on a job application.

Now, on the topic.
I played all the classic tomb raider games since I was eight, I need to catch up on the modern series, though, but I am a big fan.

d1n0_xD
11th Jun 2011, 23:31
Well, there sure are bigger fans than me out there, no doubt about that, but I like to think of myself as a pretty big fan of TR. :D You know, I get excited about anything related to TR, Lara is my favourite video game character and so on :D I mean, I haven't played the classics yet(I think they measure how much a fan are you by them xD), but you know, I played Legend 7 times, Anniversary 3 times, I haven't played Underworld because my PC sucks (and I probably won't play the new one either, but I got to :D), I have a lots of wallpapers, blah blah, I mean, I just love the game, love Lara and... phew, I think I lost myself xD Anyways, I consider myself a big fan ^^

Elliot Kane
12th Jun 2011, 00:09
I think I'm a fairly big fan, but nowhere near the biggest. I dumped Angel Of Darkness for being utter rubbish, but I have all the rest. I've beaten a few of them several times. I have a couple of Lara statuettes. And... that's about it, I think.

I never finished AoD (Largely because AoD was unfinished, as anyone trying to actually persuade Kurtis to move will attest...) or Anniversary (Half way up the Great Pyramid (I have less polite names for it) I ran into what I'm pretty sure is a game breaking glitch. Which honestly came as something of a relief, considering...). The rest I completed, often multiple times.

Jerion
12th Jun 2011, 00:34
I don't think you could call me a TR fan. Deus Ex already claimed that spot for me, and Firefly joined it shortly afterwards. :D

I do quite enjoy TR though, and Lara as a character has always interested me.

AdobeArtist
12th Jun 2011, 01:36
Damn bloody right I'm a fan of Tomb Raider. I can't claim to have played every single game, I missed out on the last couple of games on PS1 as well as AOD, but I've always endorsed the series through and through. While I place many series on my top lists, Lara remains my favorite video game character. I even read the Top Cow comic series.

And on other forums, I'm always representing Lara, just check out the sigs I've worn at Gamespot :D

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/adobeartist/adobe_sigs/adobe_sig013.png

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/adobeartist/adobe_sigs/adobe_sig020.png

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/adobeartist/adobe_sigs/adobe_sig030.png

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/adobeartist/adobe_sigs/adobe_sig041.png

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/adobeartist/adobe_sigs/adobe_sig042.png

LC is Me
12th Jun 2011, 03:51
"r" and "u" are not complete words. Remember to capitalize your single I's. Remember to use in apostrophe in "don't" and "I've. These words are called contractions, and require an apostrophe. "cuz" is not a word, if you are breaking the word "because" use an apostrophe and write the word part. Example: 'cause.
"I even just recently"
"even" and "just" are useless words in this sentence, and "aceivements" is spelled "Achievements"

Yes, I am a grammar nazi, and I strongly urge you to participate and concentrate thoroughly in your grammar or English/Language arts class. Your kind of spelling will not be acceptable on a job application.

Now, on the topic.
I played all the classic tomb raider games since I was eight, I need to catch up on the modern series, though, but I am a big fan.
Snooty much?
:hmm:

Raider126
12th Jun 2011, 04:57
My first proper game was Tomb Raider 3 when I was about 4 or 5, I wasn't actually that good but I managed to complete it...which is more then I can say about my older sister whom I "aqquired" the boxset from.

I don't know exactly how much of a fan I am because I don't remember a time when there wasn't Tomb Raider in my life, before I played it, I had two other siblings that were solving the puzzles and finding the artefacts and I remember watching over their shoulders.

I think you have to be quite an avid fan to own a website mainly because it takes a lot of time to build and then maintain, and for me because I write articles, I do quite a lot of research about the topic (even if some of it isn't used) and I travel to real life places that were in the games/movies e.g. Aldwych Station, The Painted Hall, St Paul's Cathedral, so I could write an article about what it's like there.

I guess all fans have their little strange collections, like lookalikelara I own the Tomb Raider games on a couple of platforms and I've got several collector's editions version, and played the games on all the platforms that I have. I've cosplayed as Lara at MCM London Expo a few times. Recently I've had some of the recent gaming magazines with a major Tomb Raider features imported from other countries, my next challenge is to learn Spanish so I can understand the Hobby Consolas.

@adobeARTIST - Those images are really awesome :eek: I love the bottom one!

@Jerion - Oooh a Firefly fan too! Nice :D I'm currently rewatching them.

Elliot Kane
12th Jun 2011, 08:18
Oh, yes! Top Cow comics! Mine are all in storage somewhere, which is why I forget about them! Loved the team-ups with Witchblade, too...

d1n0_xD
12th Jun 2011, 09:16
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/adobeartist/adobe_sigs/adobe_sig030.png

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/adobeartist/adobe_sigs/adobe_sig041.png

Ooooh, I love these ^^

I have made a few sigs of Lara too, here are the better ones xD

http://i51.tinypic.com/r2qdzk.png

http://i56.tinypic.com/24eqtxy.png

http://i55.tinypic.com/fwulvb.png

Gosh, I haven't made these in a while, could start again :D

Ants_27_
12th Jun 2011, 09:41
I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan... although I consider a 'fan' to be someone who likes what is put out but points out it's flaws and accepts the errors and changes that need to be made...

You can throw the official definition at me if you want but that's my view. Someone who loves everything and says nothing needs to change is more obsessed than a fan a guess. Yes, there are a few things I am obsessed with (certain films and certain Artists).;)

Anywho. As for me I won't buy merchandise. I'm very anti merchandise especially where games are concerned. I have a few T-shirts of artists and films I like --Back to the Future, David Bowie. But that's it (I also never spend much more than £10 on them.

So the same applies to TR --I'm not a fan in that sense.

In terms of the games I've got then I think I've got them all although I've never really finished them (low attention span where games are concerned :lol:). I've finished a few of course!:D

Excuse my bad grammar as I wrote this quickly, aiming to get back on track and finish editing my script thingy-ma-jig!

WinterSoldierLTE
12th Jun 2011, 11:59
"Fan" is a term that varies from person to person I suppose. Being a fan to some people means you enjoy the games, own them, and play them regularly. Being a fan to other people means having a room full of Lara toys, a Lara tattoo or two, and a dog named Winston. I consider myself the first. I own all the games except for "A.O.D." (still haven't played it yet), I've got a Lara figurine on my desk in my office here at home, and I revisit the games every now and then. I'm more then able to point out flaws in the games as well as some "That just doesn't make any real world sense" instances, and some flaws with Lara herself. And I enjoy both the Core era and Crystal era games. So to some people, I may not be a fan.

I've gotta really love something alot before I drop some serious cabbage on merch, and I just don't love TR or Lara enough to drop more then $20 on merch. Now MegadetH, Iron Maiden, Spider-Man, or Silent Hill merch, on the other hand, I'm willing to drop alot of cabbage on.

What got me into TR was "Legend". Up until I played that game I had no idea why people liked Lara so much. I thought the movies both sucked, and she hadn't really been developed as a character in the games until "Last Revelation", other then a short bio in the TR1 booklet. But, back in those days character development in games really wasn't a "need to have" thing, so whatever. So yeah, "Legend" is what brought me in. Which also probably doesn't make me a fan in some peoples eyes. Oh well.

Now with all that being said tho, TR is on my "top 5 game series" list, it's just not #1. And those comics were cool to me even before I got into TR, but only bcause I'm a huge Michael Turner fan (r.i.p., Mike.). Haven't actually read them since I've been "initiated" into the TR series. Hmm. Should probably do that, eh?

chriss_99
12th Jun 2011, 12:19
According to WinterSoldier's typology, I would consider myself as the first type of a "fan".

Back in the old days, when my adventure with Lara started, I used to be quite crazy about everything that was merely connected to the game.
After Chronicles I took a break from the series, partly because my PC couldn't handle the latest games and partly because AOD was a quite disappointing for me. I honestly thought it was the end of the series.

I came back to the game with Legend, although this time I had a more mature approach. I was really happy that the series returned to it's roots after AOD.
Of course, I was shocked how easy the game was. :eek: Nonetheless, I did enjoy the game very much.

To this day I tend to replay the classic games from time to time. I'd say the feeling of fulfilment is much bigger in the classic than it's in the recent titles. Whenever, I finish one of the classic titles I feel that I'm done and I don't replay any levels separately.

As for the categorising fans as Core fans and Crystal fans, I hate it!
There aren't many comments like that in these forums, but there are people 'out there' who claim that in order to be a true TR fan you have to love the classics and hate CD games. Surprisingly, these comments come from people who have been a long time fans.
I love both Core and Crystal games. What does that make me? A heretic, I suppose. ;)

chriss_99
12th Jun 2011, 12:32
It didn't sound rude at all! I actually think this classification portrays the types of fans quite well. I used to be a hardcore fan, but now I have a more objective approach. I don't get too excited with the new games and always try to notice the good sides and the bad sides. It's healthier, I guess. ;)

WinterSoldierLTE
12th Jun 2011, 12:36
It didn't sound rude at all! I actually think this classification portrays the types of fans quite well. I used to be a hardcore fan, but now I have a more objective approach. I don't get too excited with the new games and always try to notice the good sides and the bad sides. It's healthier, I guess. ;)

Ah smeg, mate. Went to edit that post and deleted it:mad2: I've got to stop coming on here before I've had coffee. Anyways, for those who're curious as to what I'd said, it was something along the lines of:

"Sorry if that sounded rude, but I know some people are more hardcore about it then others, which is fine. And old school or newcomer, we're all equal in my eyes and we're all here for the same reason: 'cos we dig the games."

chriss_99
12th Jun 2011, 12:51
Ah smeg, mate. Went to edit that post and deleted it:mad2: I've got to stop coming on here before I've had coffee.

Hey, happens to everybody. ;)

http://th175.photobucket.com/albums/w131/AneLGR/Emoticons/th_coffee.gif

Andy64
12th Jun 2011, 13:02
I am a huge TR fan. I have played all the games many times from TR1 to LCGOL and collect lot of the merchandise. 4 of the Core games are in my top 10 games overall. I don't play games to get every secret but would rather struggle for hours than use a walkthrough.

In terms of fan classification I am strongly in the Core side prefering the gameplay style, exploration and characterisation of the classic games (though I do still buy and play CD's TR games). I am always wanting the series to be true to it's roots. I don't think a fan who prefers CD games is any less of a TR fan though.

Elliot Kane
12th Jun 2011, 15:21
There aren't many comments like that in these forums, but there are people 'out there' who claim that in order to be a true TR fan you have to love the classics and hate CD games. Surprisingly, these comments come from people who have been a long time fans.
I love both Core and Crystal games. What does that make me? A heretic, I suppose.

Number me amongst the heretics, also! The TR games are rather like Doctor Who, in that they have a very distinct and obvious break between 'Old' and 'New', but that each has things it does incredibly well and things it does not so well.

Still Lara, still tomb raiding. What's not to love?

IvanaKC
12th Jun 2011, 16:07
I was wondering recently if people are actually as crazy of TR as me. I think i have at least three copies of each game ( for pc, xbox, and ps3)... and a couple for the DS too. Now that I think about it thats pretty sad. The first TR game I played was the 3rd and I think i was like 5 ... thats when she became my rolemodel :). I have played every game since then making sure to unlock all trophies and aceivements on xbox and ps3 inclusing the ones where you have to find ALL of the treasures. also I would never ever ever use a walkthrough... thats just cheating ;) even if im stuck for hours. I even just recently bought the first and second TRs to play them even though the bad graphics. I dont know why she even became such a big rolemodel in my life. maybe cuz were kinda alike. I travel alot, i do gymnastics, and i have that in your face attitude. also i think I would buy any tr game no matter how bad people say it is. ......... hmmm ive also been her for halloween a couple of times.... i guess id just like to see if there are anyother realy big TR fans and to what extent are you a fan?

Compared to you, I'm not even a fan! :lol:

Anyway, my first TR was TR3 and I played it when I was 7 or 8, don't remember exactly. Since I own PC only, I need only one copy of every game. :D
I played Core's Tomb Raiders (not all of them), and no matter how much I complained about Legend, now I prefer Crystal Dynamics. That would be it. :)

lookalikelara
12th Jun 2011, 21:26
"I even just recently"

Now, on the topic.

Haha don't worry, I have a 95% in my english 30 IB (higher than honors) class, and I was on my Iphone which makes my spelling atrocious. :)

lookalikelara
12th Jun 2011, 21:29
BTW amazing sigs guys!!! :)

AdobeArtist
16th Jun 2011, 23:04
Ooooh, I love these ^^

I have made a few sigs of Lara too, here are the better ones xD

http://i51.tinypic.com/r2qdzk.png

http://i56.tinypic.com/24eqtxy.png

http://i55.tinypic.com/fwulvb.png

Gosh, I haven't made these in a while, could start again :D

Ohhh, those are simply outstanding! I especially love the one you're wearing now. But where did you get an image of Lara wearing a Nike shirt, in that last sample?

d1n0_xD
16th Jun 2011, 23:16
Ohhh, those are simply outstanding! I especially love the one you're wearing now. But where did you get an image of Lara wearing a Nike shirt, in that last sample?

Why, thank you ^^ Umm, I'm not quite sure, I usually download pictures from Facebook pages about Tomb Raider and Lara, people post all kinds of pics ^^

Here's the whole picture:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2q86pe9.jpg :D

Angy1996
17th Jun 2011, 23:03
Well im a fan..not a huge but still i am! as a baby i used to watch my father while he was playing tomb raider..my first game was tr2 and i played it when i was 5...then i played aod which was ok ( nice story) but i stopped because of the gameplay..my father finished it under my pressure! then we bought legend and my father made it to the last level! but he got stuck! i finished it because i was bored listening him swear all the time! and from then on i play the game ENJOYING EVERY MOMENT...i have one small statue of her...i will buy every tomb raider as long as i can afford it..uuum i think i covered myselfe(i know i havent spelled it right..)

LadyRufina
25th Jul 2011, 00:27
I am definately a massive fan of TR! I have played every tomb raider game there is (even the demo of lara croft and the guardian of light.) I actually really loved AOD not just because I love Lara, and I admit the gameplay was bad but the storyline was amazingly compelling, without a doubt the best storyline of TR to date. My wallpaper is TR. I am definately a big big fan of TR though probably not the biggest, i.e: I wouldn't travel hundreds of miles just for say a convention or something :\

sierra xb
25th Jul 2011, 01:43
My room isn't covered with TR posters and memorabilia, and I don't even have half of the games. That said, I have Lara on my desktop, and I play the games that I DO have on a regular basis. I like to collect pretty much any TR media items that I can get my hands on, and I have the soundtracks to Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld loaded on my mp3 player :) Plus, I spend at least a couple of hours a day on this and other TR forums. Am I a fan...? I would have to say yes, but I am not obsessed with it...maybe after the new game is released, that might change ;)

LadyHorus
25th Jul 2011, 02:13
I've been playing TR since the demo for TR2 was released, and since then Lara's been a pretty big part of my life even if I don't own every piece of merchandise there is. I have played and owned all the games including the "Gold" versions, AOD and so on, as well as all of Crystal's games so far. I, like a lot of girls who played TR, looked up to Lara because she was afterall, one of the first game heroines to be completely independent and not always reliant on someone else. It was great to see, even if she was and isn't real of course. Still- I admired everything she embodied. A lot of people try to play her off as being objectified because of the sex appeal and everything but the way she was in that regard shows that a woman can be sexy, strong, and intelligent. She wasn't the usual bimbo hahaha.

But anyway, in all, yes I'm a huge fan, have been since I was about 12 or 13. I think I'd be a lot different now if it weren't for discovering Tomb Raider.

As for the Core vs Crystal thing, I honestly was put off a lot by Crystal's games especially Legend. Anniversary was pretty good (even though I hated Lara getting spooked over killing people even though by that time she was supposed to be a hardened adventurer lol). Underworld was a lot better but, I think despite the story what I really missed was the atmosphere the classics had. I have to say the new Tomb Raider is FINALLY starting to really speak Tomb Raider to me, and I'm extremely excited I cannot contain it! :D

ParalyzingSilence
25th Jul 2011, 17:32
I definitely feel that i'm a huge fan of Tomb Raider! :) I highly know that i'm not the biggest fan of all time, that's a fact. But I surely am a very big fan!

I always get excited about anything Tomb Raider/Lara Croft. I own all the games... I never got the chance to complete the PS1 classics because they were... as silly and stupid as this sounds, they were a little too difficult for me. I didn't like the big bad guys that would run into you whilst shooting you and what not haha. I have a lot of posters! And I occasionally change my desktop background to Tomb Raider :) It's now the 'TOMB RAIDER' wall paper haha. I've seen both of the movies god knows how many times, but I do prefer the first one to the second one, more ruins/tombs involved. :) I actually bought myself a pair of Lara Croft styled gun holsters with guns for a fancy dress. :3 When I was in primary school, I had a best friend, Vikki.. and we'd always use to act as mini Lara Croft's hehe, we were young, shush. :P

I've mainly been a HUGE fan of the newer games; Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. I did like Angel of Darkness.. but the control scheme was incredibly awful along with the camera angles. It would've been a good game if they had spent more time on it... But I suppose it was the first game on PS2 so I do let them off. Anyway, i'm making this post sound like a game review. xD

I'm becoming incredibly, incredibly, incredibly excited for this new Tomb Raider game that'll come out next year. I was almost feeling emotional from the amazing and incredibly atmosphere I got from watching the trailer. My boyfriend who's not a Tomb Raider fan, never really liked it that much, but he was pretty impressed by it haha! Jesus Christ... it just looks epic, seriously. :)

But yeah, I am a very huge fan of Tomb Raider, I'm actually playing Underworld at this very moment for the second time. :)

MTaylor
3rd Aug 2011, 07:19
I am an absolute fan. I have all the games from the beginning (since I was five) - have the Guardian of Light as well and really enjoy the adventures...

hiMe
3rd Aug 2011, 09:12
I wouldn't call myself a Tomb Raider "ran" :lol:

I first played TR in 1997, (7 years old) and I was stuck on the first level for days. But that made me like it more. I loved the game - it was hard, challenging and the CGI was brilliant for the time. And I still love it!

I wish I had Tomb raider goodies back then but we were quite poor. I've only recently managed to nab goodies. :(
I used to cut out Lara croft images from magazines and stick them on my wall. And I used to buy lucozade everyday till the campaign finished. :)

I have every Tomb raider, apart from TR gold. But I have played it :)

I love Tomb Raider. And Lara's iconic image has helped me become a more creative person I think :)

My mum and dad loves tomb raider:

One time my dad got up at 4am cos he was stuck on a level, and he couldn't go to sleep thinking about it. He was stuck on the fires in Bartolli's hideout. (Tomb Raider 2)

And one time he saved while mid-fall rofl.

Plus my mum still plays it and she's early 50s. :) She calls it her "Tomby" She doesn't play any other game apart from Tomb Raider.

So I don't know if that makes me a fan. :p

Wurdoff
3rd Aug 2011, 10:43
I am just reminiscing a long, long time ago. Year 1998, Play station and "Tomb Raider II Starring Lara Croft". It was a once in a life time experience.
I have finished it with only 2,5 health pack used. And one more note, I didn't have memory card during this, I purchased it year latter. And I was stuck for 3 months on the begging of level 4:Opera house (couldn't find that darn key). And the only TV that my family use was always the reason for fights. The last thing, in my country power is very bad and we have a lot of power failures, which means that I have to start with China wall, Venice and the rest each time power went down. I believe I even have had dreams about that jet boat in Venice. Latter on, me and my baby brother played it in shifts, me all night to reach level 8 than in the morning he took over and so on.

So what do you think? Am I a real fan of Lara Croft?

P.S. Also played all of the sequels.

HermioneSnape
3rd Aug 2011, 14:19
I have always watched my big sister and Dad play 1 and 2 while hiding behind the sofa, and peered over their shoulders while they played Revelations on PC. As soon as I was old enough I started to play them, even though at the beginning where the wolves jump out at you in 1 scared me so much I would only ever play that beginning bit before it. I always used to mess around in her Manor though, in both games :D

Then, I got AOD. This game actually hates me. I tried and tried but I never even got to the Kurtis levels, even when I used a Walkthrough. Which I have to use because otherwise I wouldn't have even gotten as far as I did. But I loved it, and I would always reply all the beginning bit before you got to the bit with the apartment building that gets gassed, because that bit hated me even more than the rest of the game did.

Legend came next. That's when I really fell in love with her. I finished that game, the first ever one my family had managed to complete, and we had a mini party in it's honour. Though even now I've only managed to finish two of the Time Trials.

Anniversary I'm stuck two levels away from the end, in the pyramid. I've never been more depressed in my life.

Then Underworld. The graphics and gamepley annoyed me, but I struggled on and eventually finished it. Right now I'm halfway through re-playing it and having lots of fun trying out all her different costumes :D

I can't wait for Turning Point to come out.

Driber
5th Aug 2011, 21:25
I wouldn't call myself a Tomb Raider "ran" :lol:

fixed title :D

I can't wait for Turning Point to come out.

You know that Turning Point is just the name of the trailer and not of the new game, right?

I am just reminiscing a long, long time ago. Year 1998, Play station and "Tomb Raider II Starring Lara Croft". It was a once in a life time experience.
I have finished it with only 2,5 health pack used. And one more note, I didn't have memory card during this, I purchased it year latter. And I was stuck for 3 months on the begging of level 4:Opera house (couldn't find that darn key). And the only TV that my family use was always the reason for fights. The last thing, in my country power is very bad and we have a lot of power failures, which means that I have to start with China wall, Venice and the rest each time power went down. I believe I even have had dreams about that jet boat in Venice. Latter on, me and my baby brother played it in shifts, me all night to reach level 8 than in the morning he took over and so on.

So what do you think? Am I a real fan of Lara Croft?

P.S. Also played all of the sequels.

Wow, beating TR2 without a memory card?!

That's hardcore :eek:

MaxRaider
25th Aug 2011, 04:11
Yeah, I'm pretty much obsessed. I have all the games and a lot of them on multiple platforms. I have played them all and have loved every minute of it. I like to get the games on different platforms to see the differences in versions. Example: TR: Anniversary = xbox 360, ps2, Wii, psp, mobile... I really want to get a ps3 so I can get the new HD Trilogy. Other than the games, I collect whatever I can afford off ebay and such. Comics, Tonner Dolls, posters, shot glasses, collector cards, The Art Of Tomb Raider book, statues, standups, guns, costumes... on and on.. And I kind of get pissed when something comes out that is really expensive...and I can't get it. I also have what is called "My Tomb Raider Database" on my hard drive which is a place where I store anything Tomb Raider related. Videos, pictures, downloads of that nature. I even dress up as her on many Halloween occasion... and I'm a dude.

Anvie
25th Aug 2011, 10:47
I'm a big fan of TR games I think TR classics are the games which I've played the most ( after zelda's oracle games ) I've finished all classics more than one time and because I play on ps1, TR3 was so hard owning to the save crystals which you were having to manage, I think I've started when I was 3 or 4 with the first I was looking at my father's technique and I've personally beaten the caverns pretty quickly and I think I stopped to the Lost Valley because I wasn't able to find all the gears to make the waterfall stop
In TR2 I've finished the Great wall but it was the only one I've beaten in this fabulous TR2, it was really hard for the next TR games too but for the CD games I didn't had any problem because I was older and during this time I've finished all the TR which I played during my youth I always preferred the Core Design games because I have many memories of me in this and I remember of every place

I don't have many goodies from Lara but she's in my mind for every time :)

Qualopec_
25th Aug 2011, 12:53
Hm I've been playing TR since first part came out. Firstly on PlayStation and alter on PC.
I finished all parts, and I'm pretty much obsessed with it. Although I've not been interested in playing guardian of light, because of, you know up-view, that's not Lara I used to play for me :)

I've finished Anniversary, Legend and underworld 7 times, I just cannot resist from playing it. I like the storyline, it's just perfect!

Although I've finished all parts, I am missing out 4th and 5th part. I had CD's, but when I moved out of my house last time I lost it... Now I don't know if there is possibility to buy it again, and does anyone sell this now...

I unlocked all rewards and cheats, but I'm never using it, I like to play without it. Sometimes I'm playing whole game to see how much health I can save, and how many health package I can save from using.

I have few t-shirts with Lara, a theme on my cell phone, and I like everything that is connected with Lara.

I honestly hope the new Lara will be same as Legend and Underworld because these parts were the best parts of TRLC, and not like Guardian of light, I don't want to be disappointed again :/

mrskurtistrent
14th Jun 2012, 03:54
I think I am an alright fan :3 I haven't really known of the series for that long, maybe like 5 years so I didn't really grow up with it :/ which is kinda a bummer! I do have all the games, not the expansions though :0 haha i haven't even played the games that have them though haha. But I plan on completing all the games and get to keep playing them! (Would a poster of the new tomb raider game make me a bigger fan???) Haha I don't even know xD Probably not, I want to get more posters though lol! <3333But I see flaws in the games, and come to except them. And I see amazing things in the games too !!! there is not a game that I have played yet that I haven't liked. But yes,... I LOVE TOMB RAIDER!!!!!!

LaraCroft1990
21st Jun 2012, 08:50
id say im a big fan but not the bigest tho, Tomb raider 1 was my first i played. Angel of darkness i started playing but never finishd and really wont to play it again! i got stuck on a puzzle years ago when a kid and gived up :( wish i didnt now but am gonna play it again deffo :) bin playing these games years and cant wait to playthrough the new one next year :)

Dollpy
21st Jun 2012, 16:18
I think I'm a pretty good fan. Not the biggest, but way more than a casual fan who just plays the games and that's about it. I've been playing the games- quite unsuccessfuly- since I was a kid. I never beat one little I was like 17 though. I remember being excited for the movie and going to see it in the theater. After that I pretty much drifted away from the series. I didn't play any of the games after and I saw the second film, but that's cause it was playing on tv.

I got back into the series in I think 2008 when I played a demo from Legend on my brother-in-law's Xbox. I thought "Hey this is way easy. I could beat this!" So I went and bought it from GameStop. After that I realized how much I missed Lara and Tomb Raider. I played Anniversary and got Underworld when it came out later that year.

After that I went back and collected all the classics, either from Ebay or second hand stores and beat them all. I don't have much other than that as far as merchandise, but I did buy this backpack/purse from Target cause it reminded me of Lara's classic backpack.

Coralie
21st Jun 2012, 21:53
I think I'm a big fan of TR, maybe not the biggest because I don't cosplay and I don't create a site, but I finished all the games on PC and I play LCGoL with my best friend, I have all the comics series, the novels, the atlas figurines collection, and my fanarts ! :D I even drew Lara on my backpack and made transfers on two t-shirts with my drawings.

I count more than 250 wallpapers and I downloaded almost all the musics.

I'm fan since I was 5-6 and TR has never quit me ! :D

Danielsun_
21st Jun 2012, 21:53
I would say i'm a pretty big fan, not insane but pretty devoted :p

been playing the games since the first one was released think I was 7 or 6 back then, needless to say the t-rex scene scared me for a bit and always walked around with the guns out lol

looking forward to the new game and its new direction and any merchandise they release :)

Coralie
21st Jun 2012, 22:32
the t-rex scene scared me for a bit and always walked around with the guns out lol

So do I ! :p
What also impressed me when I was young is the heartbeat sound on TR1 !

TheBlade
22nd Jun 2012, 10:28
I am an extreme fan and pay big money for rare versions.

I prefer the old games though, nothing is better than the old ones!

Valenka
27th Jun 2012, 05:32
How does one measure how much of a fan they are? :confused:

Snooty much?
:hmm:

It's not snooty. Proper grammar never killed anyone.

Metalrocks
27th Jun 2012, 06:25
just enough that i enjoyed legend and underworld, singe up here (which i should have done a long time ago), getting wallpapers, get the soundtracks and eagerly awaiting for the new installment. :)

Lara_Fan_84
3rd Jul 2012, 00:47
I'm a huge fan of Tomb Raider but there are bigger fans than me. I've already seen that with collection pics.