PDA

View Full Version : Angry Joe Interviews Hitman: Absolution Devs - Q & A

Angryjoeshow
11th Jun 2011, 08:38
Hey guys,
I wanted to share my Interview that I just now uploaded after getting back from E3. Freaking excited that Hitman is back and they are finally done with that garbage Kane & Lynch - I grill them about it a little bit too.

I got a demonstration of the game, and asked some questions, I think i got some new details. Gotta warn you though, the camera for no freaking reason shuts off, so I have to improvise and I describe the rest of it - so be warned its very informal (my style).

Possible New Details:
- Game Length (longer than Kane and Lynch 2)
- New Feature: Instinct
- Instinct is Upgradeable
- A Slow-mo mode while some NPC stare at you not recognizing you, and a mini-game looking thing of some type to try to throw them off.

Hope you enjoy it!
< removed >

GrievousOdyssey
11th Jun 2011, 09:01
finally done with that garbage Kane & Lynch

Oy , don't get me start our torture chamber/rehabilitation center up and running ...
The electricity bill shoots off the roof ! ...

Possible New Details:- Game Length (longer than Kane and Lynch 2
Well i don't think there was any doubt that a stealth game was going to be longer than a shooter ...

But at least it's good to know Absolution will be at least four hours and a minute long ...

- A Slow-mo mode while some NPC stare at you not recognizing you,
I'm still having doubts about the effectiveness of this half second slow motion , i mean in past Hitman games the tension was already there without the need of any pace breaking gimmick ...
Oh well we'll see ...

and a mini-game looking thing of some type to try to throw them off.
Quick time events ! dandy ! ...

auric
11th Jun 2011, 09:34
Great info Angryjoeshow
first one of urs i've seen. not much of an interview hunter. :D

Nice to see some of my hopes r in there,
- the slow mo mode, not for killing, but at least it makes some nice face to face experience I was hoping for. Look them in the eye, so to speak.

Would be great if the other feature I hope for is in there, where we get to make our own film via some kind of replay video mode of what we do in the game (minus the HUD & inventory stuff)

- Instinct, good to know its also involves people movements & predictions.
I'm sure its not, but does the instinct ever get it wrong? Ofcourse not, otherwise waste of time upgrading it or not. Or maybe like a butterfly effect, things we do made them react differently.

Love the part u say, the place is surrounded, forcing people to go stealth. Usually more people means, shoot them up, instead its like a slap in the face for raising the alarm.
:D

Who knows, maybe i'll raise some alarms on purpose. :D

Ooh, should have an achievement for that. :D
Red Alert

will there be achievements? should be, as its an almost must for most games nowadays, but i'll ask anyway. :)

Nogarda
11th Jun 2011, 13:54
<3 Angry Joe I lmao when he questioned them about the 4 hours thing XD Still I think many a hitman fan wants to fibre wire him when the vid cut out, j/k. I was surprised when mentioning co-op/multiplayer there just wasn't outright denial of it, but wait and see comments apparently. That basically confirms some multiplayer function surely minimum = leaderboards.

Vulture
11th Jun 2011, 14:54
longer than k&l 2? so its safe to say that it will be longer than 4 hours. wish they said something like 4x long compared to k&l2 :)

UhUh
11th Jun 2011, 16:09
Oh yes, nothing says style like coming in the developers forum ****ting on their work AND spamming your own site, well done indeed.

I guess this doesn't brake rule #13 does it? That would be too good.

KingNL
11th Jun 2011, 16:29
Thanks Joe you the best

Driber
12th Jun 2011, 08:33
I guess this doesn't brake rule #13 does it? That would be too good.

It does.

Angryjoeshow, do not use our forum for commercial purposes. Links removed.

Sn4ke47
12th Jun 2011, 14:58
Thanx dude