PDA

View Full Version : David Bateson voice actor?

KingNL
10th Jun 2011, 23:07
Will he be the voice actor again?
He's awesome

EDIT: Please support this petition
http://www.petitiononline.com/david47/petition.html

Acid_Burn
11th Jun 2011, 07:04
No. David Bateson is not the voice actor for the next Hitman game.
But I'm sure there's nothing to be worried about.

Falkenwut
11th Jun 2011, 11:43
^ Agreed Gnr. This is sad news :(

CoDEllite
11th Jun 2011, 12:22
WHO CARES seriosly. Two words Timothy Oliphant. The dude was freaking aweosome in the movie. Lets hope they bring him aboard for the game

GrievousOdyssey
11th Jun 2011, 12:28
Considering IO's liking for hollywood talents at the moment , they might just do that ...

Nogarda
11th Jun 2011, 13:58
47 isn't much of a talker. So long as it's not too noticable of a voice change I won't be bothered come release, but I now fully expect this topic to blow up with nerd rage.

BeardedHoplite
11th Jun 2011, 15:18
Alright, I can contain myself...for a little while
Also, the Hitman movie was ass.

KingNL
11th Jun 2011, 16:32
WHO CARES seriosly. Two words Timothy Oliphant. The dude was freaking aweosome in the movie. Lets hope they bring him aboard for the game

I pray to God you are joking...No Bateson is ******* bad..

lenin
12th Jun 2011, 16:51

No offence to Timothy Oliphant, he's a godo actor (in my opinion), however not really suited to be a hitman of 40+ years old
In the hitman movie I experienced it just as hitman in his younger years. so not really appropriated for the hitman games (unless in flashbacks from long ago)

Brackstone17
12th Jun 2011, 17:00
This is all the way bad. Was he unwilling to return or is IO just wanting a new voice actor?

Commander Shepard
12th Jun 2011, 17:16
This just ruins the game for me.

Acid_Burn
12th Jun 2011, 17:30
This just ruins the game for me.
But you didn't hear the new voice. So do not hurry to make conclusion like that.

KingNL
12th Jun 2011, 22:29
No offence to Timothy Oliphant, he's a godo actor (in my opinion), however not really suited to be a hitman of 40+ years old
In the hitman movie I experienced it just as hitman in his younger years. so not really appropriated for the hitman games (unless in flashbacks from long ago)

This..

They should've picked Bateson to play Hitman in the movie, how ******* awesome would that be..he even stated in an interview that he was willing to do the part but they didn't approach him about it :hmm:

But you didn't hear the new voice. So do not hurry to make conclusion like that.

True but still for us fans who have been playing since part 1 that voice is just iconic, hope we can all get used to the new voice actor..

3rdmillhouse
13th Jun 2011, 01:32

Yep, Tim's portrail of 47 is pretty much the only thing that was good about that POS movie.

Acid_Burn
13th Jun 2011, 03:30
True but still for us fans who have been playing since part 1 that voice is just iconic, hope we can all get used to the new voice actor..
I think IO looked for similar voice, so it will be easy ;)

UhUh
13th Jun 2011, 08:21
Do you know why they changed actor? Seems odd if they want a similar voice anyway, was his casting that bad?

Acid_Burn
13th Jun 2011, 09:08
Let's just wait until IOI reveal this information.

Outrack
13th Jun 2011, 15:54

As a figure of authority in the community and a representative of Eidos, can we assume this is official confirmation?

Either way, you're dangerously misinformed if you believe there's "nothing to worry about". Speculation alone on Bateson's removal from the franchise has created a huge amount of negative publicity, and together with the removal of other key elements (such as Jesper Kyd and Vivienne McKee), I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like the developers have completely lost touch with their fanbase.

KingNL
13th Jun 2011, 16:43
As a figure of authority in the community and a representative of Eidos, can we assume this is official confirmation?

Either way, you're dangerously misinformed if you believe there's "nothing to worry about". Speculation alone on Bateson's removal from the franchise has created a huge amount of negative publicity, and together with the removal of other key elements (such as Jesper Kyd and Vivienne McKee), I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like the developers have completely lost touch with their fanbase.

Who is Vivienne McKee? Diana?

Ulysses
13th Jun 2011, 17:14
Yeah Diana's VA. Meh, wonder why they're changing so much.

Acid_Burn
13th Jun 2011, 18:03
You can buy latest issue of Edge Magazine and read about it.

Did you heard new voice? No? Then just wait and see.

Falkenwut
13th Jun 2011, 23:50
Gotta agree with Acid Burn here... People, please wait for the new voice actor to reveal his voice.. THEN judge... I'm as disappointed as every true Hitman fan on the fact of David Bateson's abscence but Please be patient.

Deus_Ex_Machina
14th Jun 2011, 00:51

Okay. That's it.

I won't be purchasing Hitman: Absolution and I will organize various boycotts because of this.

I was worried when they said there would be changes and this is something I cannot take.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3008/5830481659_e025808ab9.jpg

Acid_Burn
14th Jun 2011, 04:41
I really do not think that IO are interested in buring the game ;) If they did something - it's for the better.
Ok, maybe some people didn't like FF, MN or KL games. But Hitman games are what they good at.

nforce
14th Jun 2011, 20:52
For me, David made the game back then when graphics weren't really that great (as a whole in the industry, not saying the game had bad gfx) but his voice acting really stood out throughout the series as something you can't really improve upon. He's been the one thing that was perfect - his performance, his voice and the way all that fit into the look and character of agent 47.

Changing voice actors can be done (and has been, many times) in other franchises and it may actually improve things but I doubt this will be the case here - it's among one of the things that set Hitman apart from the crowd. Maybe that could have worked had they done it for each of the games but when I think of 47 - there is one look and one voice that come to mind.
If IOI changed it, but looked for a "similar" voice - that would be pointless and even worse than choosing a completely different type of voice. Why try to duplicate the original with a "lesser hitman" when you could easily have the original? To me this is an extremely unwise decision.
I haven't heard the new voice actor yet (gee, I wonder why they are silent about that and not bragging all over E3 how they got a new actor to play 47) but at this point I don't even want to because the thought of it makes me cringe.
On the good side - it may be a good actor with a good voice but I will feel detached from the game every time I hear him speak and not hear the voice of Mr. Bateson (he is to Hitman what light sabers are to Star Wars).

Sorry for the tl;dr post, but Hitman has been a big part of my gaming heart, I can still remember reading magazines and reviews of the first game and how amazing they said it was. It was so hard to get a copy of it back then, too (for me anyways) and having Bateson in was the only thing I really hoped was still there.
Good luck to IO, hopefully the game will not stain the Hitman brand.

KingNL
14th Jun 2011, 22:52
Okay. That's it.

I won't be purchasing Hitman: Absolution and I will organize various boycotts because of this.

I was worried when they said there would be changes and this is something I cannot take.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3008/5830481659_e025808ab9.jpg

lol @ I never asked for this

For me, David made the game back then when graphics weren't really that great (as a whole in the industry, not saying the game had bad gfx) but his voice acting really stood out throughout the series as something you can't really improve upon. He's been the one thing that was perfect - his performance, his voice and the way all that fit into the look and character of agent 47.

Changing voice actors can be done (and has been, many times) in other franchises and it may actually improve things but I doubt this will be the case here - it's among one of the things that set Hitman apart from the crowd. Maybe that could have worked had they done it for each of the games but when I think of 47 - there is one look and one voice that come to mind.
If IOI changed it, but looked for a "similar" voice - that would be pointless and even worse than choosing a completely different type of voice. Why try to duplicate the original with a "lesser hitman" when you could easily have the original? To me this is an extremely unwise decision.
I haven't heard the new voice actor yet (gee, I wonder why they are silent about that and not bragging all over E3 how they got a new actor to play 47) but at this point I don't even want to because the thought of it makes me cringe.
On the good side - it may be a good actor with a good voice but I will feel detached from the game every time I hear him speak and not hear the voice of Mr. Bateson (he is to Hitman what light sabers are to Star Wars).

Sorry for the tl;dr post, but Hitman has been a big part of my gaming heart, I can still remember reading magazines and reviews of the first game and how amazing they said it was. It was so hard to get a copy of it back then, too (for me anyways) and having Bateson in was the only thing I really hoped was still there.
Good luck to IO, hopefully the game will not stain the Hitman brand.

This is exactly what I mean, the things that stood out from the entire game (Hitman 1) when I played it years ago was the voice acting & overall game immersion (thanks to the great voice acting)

BeardedHoplite
15th Jun 2011, 17:06
Okay, I'm as mad as anyone, but I don't think you guys should be getting that butthurt over this.
I mean, yeah it's dissapointing, but it's a new Hitman game. We haven't had one in what, six years? As long as it isn't Nolan North and isn't too different, it shouldn't be too bad.
Personally I'm madder at the fact there is no Jesper Kyd.

Deus_Ex_Machina
15th Jun 2011, 20:44
Personally I'm madder at the fact there is no Jesper Kyd.

That certainly doesn't help the situation.

KingNL
16th Jun 2011, 15:53
Petition added to the OP

Please sign if you agree with (re)casting David Bateson

Deus_Ex_Machina
16th Jun 2011, 21:05
Petition added to the OP

Please sign if you agree with (re)casting David Bateman

Signed and signed.

jam13
26th Jun 2011, 08:19
Voice Actor Confirms New Hitman And The Return of Agent 47!? (http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2010/02/19/voice-actor-confirms-new-hitman-and-the-return-of-agent-47/)

Agent 47 Speaks! An Interview With David Bateson (http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2010/10/21/agent-47-speaks-an-interview-with-david-bateson/)

Hitman Devs Deny David Bateson’s Involvement In Any Titles (http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2010/10/25/square-enix-deny-david-batesons-involvement-in-any-hitman-titles/)

Just....... read them again .
I can't believe this happened now.
No David Bateson , no Jesper Kyd and no Vivienne McKee...........

KingNL
26th Jun 2011, 11:10
Retroplayer- What kind of relationship do you have with IO interactive?

A good one I believe. Though I was rather surprised to having to audition for my own role this time round, that is, for the next long awaited instalment. It seems that with company buy outs and global power shifts in the world of computer gaming and the Hitman franchise, there is now a LA based caster on board, who is responsible for voice casting, and I had to audition along with the rest of the planet for the right to play Agent 47. However, I have been informed by IO Interactive, that I still have the part. I won’t even bother to describe how gutted I would have been if they went for a sound-a-like.

Jack Bauer 24
26th Jun 2011, 18:49
I cant believe some of you are so passive about the removal of Agent 47. I mean without Bateson on board, we might as well be controlling a different character. This would be like recasting Solid Snake and giving the part to someone thats not David Hayter. This is beyond unforgivable. You do NOT recast someone like Bateson and expect everything to be "ok", thats ridiculous. 47 has been my fav vg character since he first stepped onto the scene and a big reason for that was due to Bateson incredible portrayal of this cold, calculated killer. To hear he wont be back is infuriating.

You aren't a true fan of this series if you think recasting Bateson is 'no big deal'.

Fox_McCloud
26th Jun 2011, 22:37

Yes, there is something to be worried about.

His voice was part of what made 47 who he was, it is part of his IDENTITY, we can't just have some new guy walk in now like nothing has changed.

This game doesn't have agent 47 as far as I see it, this is an outrage.

no Jesper Kyd

PLEASE tell me that's a joke.

BigBoss
28th Jun 2011, 21:53
:lmao:

KingNL
28th Jun 2011, 22:21
I cant believe some of you are so passive about the removal of Agent 47. I mean without Bateson on board, we might as well be controlling a different character. This would be like recasting Solid Snake and giving the part to someone thats not David Hayter. This is beyond unforgivable. You do NOT recast someone like Bateson and expect everything to be "ok", thats ridiculous. 47 has been my fav vg character since he first stepped onto the scene and a big reason for that was due to Bateson incredible portrayal of this cold, calculated killer. To hear he wont be back is infuriating.

You aren't a true fan of this series if you think recasting Bateson is 'no big deal'.

I agree...Hitman was (for me atleast) all about the perfect package.
Nothing was missing from it and that is what made it one of the most immersive games ever.
Removing even one thing from that package destroys it for me..

Of course if it was something smaller I wouldn't have mind as much but the damn voice?... Come on now...

And to top it off they even fire Jesper Kyd???? The man who made the most amazing level tracks I have ever heard in a game...

Pinch me because I must be having a nightmare...

:lmao:

That guy must be trolling...******* timothy oliphant wtf

Brackstone17
29th Jun 2011, 03:06
Who said they fired Jesper Kyd? It's more likely he simply wasn't available.

borzy
29th Jun 2011, 04:50
Pretty appalling:
http://beefjack.com/news/ioi-cuts-david-bateson-from-absolution/

Especially considering the original 47 was modeled after the actor.

borzy
29th Jun 2011, 05:02
Who said they fired Jesper Kyd? It's more likely he simply wasn't available.

With the amount of work he's doing, including his personal album, I'd say that's quite likely.

But to not try your utmost to include someone who won a BAFTA for the Hitman: Contracts score is still a pretty big mistake.

jam13
29th Jun 2011, 16:36
Really?????

vCXgEZx27vU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y67ZcAVYtWM

http://gouki.com/Story/Details/hitman-absolution-e3-2011-behind-closed-doors-audio-recording

If it's true then I'll start to miss Bateson . :(

hGJnUPDlTOM

ATSPQD7p9EU

gMHNDC7WmWo

CosaNostra
1st Jul 2011, 21:03
don't be haters for haters sake.

hitman has overgoen a long and mellow arch towards what it is becoming.

Frankly I thought the lack of next level CqC and Hand to hand, was a bit unrealistic. 90% percent of physical confrontation ends up on the ground or in a clinch, it's not that much of a stretch to understand that as a serious assassin, it would come into play at some point.

And Timmy Olyphant is seriously a badass actor in general, with some focus, he can parallel his profound performance of Raylen Givens and work just as well as 47.

I am all for the evolution of the series. I mean really, how stealth is a string of clothes laying in blood puddles in an ever less populated closed locale. not. Series needs invigoration, I am glad they are trying something.

ZanNight
1st Jul 2011, 21:33
Really?????

vCXgEZx27vU

Try listening to that while staring at the new 47 pic on the website's main page right in the face, and see if that sounds right to you.

Would that voice, come out of that guy?

Ristlin
5th Jul 2011, 03:06
You guys better not ruin this game. Get David Bateson back.

MisterBaka
7th Jul 2011, 07:48
Would that voice, come out of that guy?

No way in hell.
I just don't get it. The only logical reason for abandoning David Bateson would be the acting of actual Christian Bale as 47. And even that would not be super-awesome.

KingNL
7th Jul 2011, 14:42
Wow I hate that new voice already...

BigBoss
13th Jul 2011, 05:30
This probably means they're going for the 'gritty reboot' of the franchise like everything else these days and hoping that bringing in all new talent means lots-o-$$$$.

Why, of all types, did this rumored 'professional hollywood casting agent' decide to go with the generic throat cancer voice for 47?? Oh well. If the game sucks that'll speed along the process for me to forget this game exists.

iamchubbs
22nd Aug 2011, 23:29
I just recently started playing Blood Money again. I love the game, and everything about it, but 5 years later, I have to say that I welcome another voice actor for 47. Not that Bateson hasn't done a good job, but I do feel like some of the lines felt a little forced. Almost like some of them felt out of place.

I don't see Eidos making the decision not to not include Bateson just to sabotage the game. It's not in their best interest, quite obviously.

So there it is. Just my opinion, but I'm excited to see how the new game does for voiceovers.

TheWoodsieLord
27th Aug 2011, 12:34
Concerning Bateson, I wasn't so worried, I'd be much more worried if they cast a different guy to voice Garrett in Thief... but hearing this "new voice" I'm concerned.

But I was ******* mad when I heard that there will be no Jesper Kyd. He is the reason that the Hitman franchise has, until now, had one of the most amazing soundtracks ever created.

Also, from which video has the voice in the "new voice" video been taken?

Acid_Burn
27th Aug 2011, 13:05
It was in E3 demo. Someone just recorded it.

imported_The_Truth
17th Sep 2011, 12:58
I really do not think that IO are interested in buring the game ;) If they did something - it's for the better.
Ok, maybe some people didn't like FF, MN or KL games. But Hitman games are what they good at.

I don't quite know what to say... Firstly imagine your favourite film, in my case probably the Starwars series. Now imagine a main character changing voice and or appearance from one film to the next, wouldn't that really piss you off; especially if you had followed it since the beginning and had grown to love it exactly the way it is?

Don't keep telling us we're over reacting and wrong about our feelings, the customer (us) is always right; we pay your wages after all and if you're hurting sales (which you are) whos going to lose out? Is it A) me who doesn't get to play one game, boohoo i'll get over it. OR B) You and the rest of Eidos who are going to be embarrassed by another failed game and pretty shortly will be bankrupt or bought out by a better developer?

EDIT: Just done abit of research, my mistake you were taken over and now it's the new bunch of retards which are butchering the series. Feel sorry for the guys from Eidos who worked on the title pre-take over. Square-enix are an asian games company and thus are partially responsible for the torrent of awful games that come from that part of the world, western gaming and eastern gaming are very different.

You are right in that Hitman is you're only shred of hope of actually staying profitable so do your shareholders a favour and don't make such foolish mistakes. NO we don't want more scripted (forced) scenes, NO we don't want a new mechanic which completly changes gameplay and NO we don't want actors which 'sound like' the orginals. Hitman's appearance is actually based on the voice actor so if I was him i'd screw you over like you have done him and sue you for using his likeness in a game.

As someone said, better graphics, a few new weapons/ways to kill people and nice varied missions (I personally liked jetsetting all around the globe, now it's just US) would have done us fine. Oh and of course a more developed realistic AI which reacts to more stimuli.

RZ47
17th Sep 2011, 22:38
has just signed the online petition to reinstate Bateson as 47... 2350 signatures so far, are you getting the message yet lo-interactive and Eidos???

My comment on petition>>>>>

2350. Ryan McAfee Ive loved every Hitman game so far and this man has made a huge contribution to the games, it's an absolute disgrace he is not going to be involved. I am NOT buying Absolution or playing it unless Bateson is re-instated at Mr 47. Also just as shocking for me, perhaps a little bit more, Jesper Kyd is NOT involved!!! This is ridiculous!!! an absolute joke!!

bobitareco
24th Sep 2011, 12:27
Hello.

My name is john and I am from Portugal.
I'm leaving my dissatisfaction here about the fact that the voice of hitman5 change.

I know that my message will not change anything but I can show my dissatisfaction not buying the game.

In fact the game can be fantastic graphically.
when I played the first Hitman im not expect much but the the game's soundtrack and voice captured me.

In my view there are two mistakes that are going to get the fans to stay away a bit of the game.

The first is that the game is not having the soundtrack of Jasper Kyd, and finally the change of the voice.

Who does the game have to remember what the main fundamentals of the game series.

To me they are.

- The voice of actor who always followed the series.
- Soundtrack of the game
- The conspiracy behind the game, and awareness of 47.
- At last not least the graphics and gameplay.

Finally and in summary mode.
Who does the game still has time to realize that they are committing a grave mistake which is undoubtedly the fact that not using the voice of David Bateson.

BigBoss
25th Sep 2011, 00:28
I'm showing it to friends

nirvana1
25th Sep 2011, 01:06
i think david will not come for now ,but maybe many years later he will back,

so if this game haven't david and its like sc conviction and not stealth-focused,
release it, but don't name it hitman!!!!!!

Lord Kasten
28th Sep 2011, 04:49
this being the official web page, you should definitely pay attention to what the fans and customers have to say. It would be a GRAVE mistake to mess up such a great game that will go down on history by changing some of the very elements that give it it's identity and "Epicness" because of bull.. politics.
Pay whatever it is you got to but make jesper kydd do the soundtrack, and dont mess up the entire game by changing 47's voice.
Millions are counting on you, so please don't let us down!

By the way, this is coming from Mexico. Taking into account where people are voicing their concern from must make you realise this is an international Plea\Demand

Norlin
11th Oct 2011, 03:07
I just registered to say that I'm not gonna be buying this game.
What kind of idiocrazy is this when you take away the main character from the game?
I sincerely hope that you realize your mistake before it's too late. But from what I've heard and seen so far the dev team seem to have a pissing contest on the core fans in favour of new cawwadooty players.

To sum it up:
-No one from the original dev team at all. ( it's most likely K&L team)
-Blood Money director is not even on this game too
-More actiony game
-Agent 47 is Rambo now.
-Not the same voice actor
-Jesper Kyd not doing the soundtrack

Yes I'm mad!
Gonna play a bit of Blood money now and cry because no game in the series will most likely ever be as good.

semajmarc87
11th Oct 2011, 04:10
Petition added to the OP

Please sign if you agree with (re)casting David Bateson

Thanks. I just signed the petition and I hope everyone on here will too. There's already almost 3,000 signatures. I also wanted to go on the record and say that I won't buy Hitman: Absolution if David Bateson isn't the voice of Agent 47, Jesper Kyd doesn't do the soundtrack, and the game strays too far away from it's origins.

Norlin
11th Oct 2011, 05:28
It's saddens me to see what a bunch of ______ IOI have become.
First they told Bateson that he got the job and later on they just dropped him and Vivienne McKee (Diana).

Please don't take this post away. Why not explain your actions instead IOI? Maybe a little fan interaction on the website to find out what we would like to see in the game.

Email from Vivienne

"Dear ####,
Thank you! I am so pleased that you wrote this. David and I are feeling pretty disappointed about being dropped from Hitman 5. There are rumours that Keith Carradine will be the voice for Agent 47 ! And I have no idea who will play Diana... probably some American Hollywood actress with an American accent. I guess that is what they want for the next one - to make it feel and sound American. Personally I still don't understand why David did not play the role in the movie. He looks like Hitman and he is an incredibly good actor.

Anyway thanks again and please keep let IO know your feelings.. The Hitman fanbase is not to be ignored !

best regards,

Vivienne McKee

Email from David

Hi there ####,

Thanks to you I now know more! I didn't even know the E3 thing had voice work on it at all.

Yeah, I won't lie. I am totally gutted. You know, IO called me in in Sept 09 and said I had to now audition for the part thanks to them hiring some LA casting director. Well, I ate my slice of humble pie and auditioned and then heard back shortly afterwards: congratulations - you got the part. I have been waiting ever since for the call to go in and record...

You know, I can even understand IOI not letting me know what's going on so as to avoid any loss of shine in the build up to the trailer premiere and then E3.

But now, after repeated mails and sms to the producer and still no reply I am lost for words.

Thanks for your support though.

Kind regards

David

Acid_Burn
11th Oct 2011, 05:35
Aren't e-mails supposed to be personal conversation?

Norlin
11th Oct 2011, 05:50
They're not my emails. I'm just passing them along from another forum where someone else had posted them so they weren't all that personal even before i posted them here.

nonprofitkilla
11th Oct 2011, 19:24
I hope they bring David Bateson and Jesper Kyd back. They have been with the series from the beginning and to drop them now is just a kick in the balls to the fans and to them. Vivienne McKee as well. I don't understand why IO did this but they aren't listening to the fans I know that much. But I get the feeling IO are not the only ones to blame. EIDOS doesn't have that great of a track record anymore with PR.

If you keep this up, my guess is you will lose a lot of huge fans of the series.

PsychoNite
11th Oct 2011, 20:53
its a huge mistake for IO to be doing this

xAcerbusx
12th Oct 2011, 02:20
The man has such a unique and distinctive voice, he just... is Agent 47.
A bit like Stephen Russell as Garrett in the Thief series.

I sincerely hope the machine hasn't moved too far along now for this ill move to be remedied.

Deus_Ex_Machina
12th Oct 2011, 03:14
When it was announced that David Bateson would not be involved in Hitman: Absolution, I was EXTREMELY disappointed, since his voice over work made the game that much better.

I felt the same way until recently with another game.

After it was announced a few years ago, it was revealed that James McCaffrey would no longer be involved in Max Payne 3. I was devastated, again because his voice over work made the game that much better.

However, recently it was confirmed that James McCaffrey would indeed reprise his role as Max Payne in Max Payne 3 (http://www.game-ost.com/news_comments.php?id=1769).

If enough people complain about it, maybe IO/Eidos/Square Enix will get the real Agent 47 back.

There's 3000+ signatures already. Keep 'em coming. (http://www.petitiononline.com/david47/)

Mountainlifter
12th Oct 2011, 12:05
Let me make it simple.

Sam Fisher = Micheal Ironside
Nathan Drake = Nolan North
Snake = David Hayter
Edit: I forgot about the Arkham games
Batman = Kevin Conroy
Joker = Mark Hamill (Won't work without him.)

Do you see a pattern, IO or whatever dumb casting crew is pulling the strings? I'm not..... sorry, No hardcore fan ....... is buying the game until No.47 is presented in his entirety, with the proper voice.

EDIT2: Yes, I've seen the 'run for your life' trailer and I heard the voice too. It was not good. And the music was taken off of inception!

Mountainlifter
12th Oct 2011, 13:03
Anyone notice that this thread has the most number of replies?

Deus_Ex_Machina
12th Oct 2011, 18:06
Anyone notice that this thread has the most number of replies?

Like I said, MAYBE if enough of us keep complaining, IO/Eidos/Square Enix will get David Bateson back, like Rockstar did with James McCaffrey when enough fans complained about changing voice actors in Max Payne 3.

Archer_4598
12th Oct 2011, 22:15
I agree with "Mountainlifter". You can't change voice-actors like this, same people who have been doing the characters since the beginning. It loses it's authencitiy, and it won't feel like a hitman game if not David Bateson and Vivienne McKee is coming back. This is outrages and im extremely dissapointed at IOI. You better fix this soon, i don't care if the game gets delayed. You fix this right now. ALL of the real Hitman fans can agree with me, and if its money that you want? You will get it, but do it the right ******* way... :mad2:

Mountainlifter
13th Oct 2011, 10:46
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8744/davidbatesonno47.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/davidbatesonno47.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Look, I have a picture of Hitman for you IO! I found it on the wiki page for David Bateson!

If you are on GT.com: http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/hitman-absolution-trailer---vo/1254702?page=1

Katz
14th Oct 2011, 17:54
Although he only had one line in the playthrough we saw I'm already worried.
If he does that whole Christian Bale as Batman voice thing you'd better replace him immediately! That was NOT cool when Bale did it and it is NOT cool now. It's not too late to re-record all the sessions with a better actor!

nonprofitkilla
20th Oct 2011, 20:22
BUMP

BoMBastic47
21st Oct 2011, 02:31
Bring back David

BigBoss
21st Oct 2011, 03:58
Please do not change anything? How old are you that you fear any and all change, 90?

SentiNel090
23rd Oct 2011, 18:17
A voice is a video game (and any animation's for that matter) character's identity, his personality. You can't just strip him of that. Sam Fisher wouldn't be Sam Fisher if Michael Ironside didn't pour his deep voice, filled with sarcasm, into the character. Nor would Snake, or the Elder God, take your pick. This might be somewhat confusing to new/younger players but we old (24 is still old for most forums' age average, right?) guys have been playing these games since game 1 and I sure as hell can't see anyone else as Mr. Hitman:Codename 47.
Strange that SqEnix doesn't understand that, voice actors are basically revered as idols in Japan.
As for Jesper Kyd... I'd love to hear his awesome ambient background again, I really would. But there ARE other capable artists who can do the job almost as well. I'd say Amon Tobin and Clint Mansell off the top of my head. Then again we might end up with some wannabe newbie or worse, rappers or some other utter garbage. So yeah, hoping for the best, preparing for the worst in this area.

DayTripper90
26th Oct 2011, 17:35
"A good one I believe. Though I was rather surprised to having to audition for my own role this time round, that is, for the next long awaited instalment. It seems that with company buy outs and global power shifts in the world of computer gaming and the Hitman franchise, there is now a LA based caster on board, who is responsible for voice casting, and I had to audition along with the rest of the planet for the right to play Agent 47. However, I have been informed by IO Interactive, that I still have the part. I won’t even bother to describe how gutted I would have been if they went for a sound-a-like."

IO interactive then came out and said he wasn't working on any game with them, I hardly think Bateson lied about having to audition for the part and why would he lie in several different interviews?, it wouldn't exactly do him any favours professionally, theres obviously been a fallout somewhere down the line, or IO have been ridiculously unprofessional about the matter, theres another interview somewhere where Bateson mentions that he tried contacting IO interactive and was ignored. (I'll try and find and link it), its a disgrace if thats the way they treat someone thats been involved with the game from the beginning.

BillRye
27th Oct 2011, 07:53
Could you guys at least give a official answer as to why you chose to have a different voice actor because it seemed like he was eager to play the part in hit-man ascension?

Sanya
9th Nov 2011, 13:32
I must say that I'm totally disappointed.
I was waiting for next Hitman game for yeras, and now...
I don't even want to play it.
New actors, new music composer, all missions located in US...
That is not Hitman any more.
If you needed some consultant to help you improve the game,
you should have hired someone who knows what (who) the Hitman is,
and who played and loved the game.
Not some marketing "expert" or LA based caster.
The least you could do is to bring back David, the new voice is absolutely wrong.

big_hitman_fan
10th Nov 2011, 04:04
I can't understand how any of these things mean Absolution has an more or less chance of being great. While some of the talent is new, for all we know they are incredibly better than the previous talent. They may also be worse.

For one, I'm going to hold out judgement until the game gets reviewed and some gameplay videos surface. If the game ends up being great, these forum posts will look hilarious in retrospect. :D

bat_brain
11th Nov 2011, 02:39

i thought he did a good job of putting his own twist on the character. however, since the origin story was different, it leads to the protagonist being more independant, and it just isnt quite the same as our emotionless, order obeying, killer clone friend that we've all come to know and love.

lets face it, the real 47 would never hold off on killing someone who has been tailing him, that knew his identity and has seen his face,
simply because a female (that he has obsconded with ?) suggested he do, etc.

my favorite scene is when he crashes through the window in hotel room on the floor below his room, and stumbles upon two hapless gamers playing what appears to be hitman contracts, or silent assassin. very clever.

not a bad suggestion, but not in the video games, please.

iNeedzHelp
20th Nov 2011, 23:16
So they have no intention of explaining their self? I doubt i will pay for this game then and i will suggest the same to every person i know, who might other wise buy it to play it and have them suggest it to every person they know.
It's not like revealing who the voice actor is or who is doing the OST is a huge game destroying spoiler .. so ? Thought mostly i don't care who the new voice actor is, because judging from the video where he spoke a few lines he sucks badly. I'm more interested in why Bateson isn't in it!
I bet Square Enix is the main culprit here... l

XxSMOKERxX35
9th Dec 2011, 21:27
:poke:

How could you IO... How could you...

mcescher1
10th Dec 2011, 02:05
i understand what these people are going through... Aflac! will never be the same for me... i used to love that bird... now i use nationwide... they are by my side... but it's not the same... ITS NOT THE SAME!!!:mad2:

:lmao: WE LOVE YOU GILBERT!!! BFF'S 4 LIFFEEE :lmao:

Soleil
11th Dec 2011, 21:24
English Wikipedia says that also Diana will have another voice. But I dont care, as long they have the same german voices as before ^^

Senord
12th Dec 2011, 13:50
I am a Hitman fan since Hitman 1.

And after reading this thread, I am upset... A lot.

Petition signed :mad2:

mattnexus
16th Dec 2011, 04:38
I'm not to worried about this, maybe the new voice will be better! Everyone just needs to calm down and play before making conclusions, yes bateson was amazing but the new voice might be even better!

XxSMOKERxX35
16th Dec 2011, 10:00
I'm not to worried about this, maybe the new voice will be better! Everyone just needs to calm down and play before making conclusions, yes bateson was amazing but the new voice might be even better!

This is what I think of your comment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjWpZg_y0qg&context=C392c498ADOEgsToPDskI2iOhPOKm0JDw3A7iDgLte

Driber
16th Dec 2011, 10:59
This is what I think of your comment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjWpZg_y0qg&context=C392c498ADOEgsToPDskI2iOhPOKm0JDw3A7iDgLte

And this is what I think of yours:

http://driber.net/os/banhammer.png

Goodbye :wave:

RIdah07
18th Dec 2011, 05:41
Well let's just calm down.
I feel sorry/angry/mad that David it's not Hitman again or Kyd with his amazing scores...
But let's face it..even some of us the hardcore Hitman fans from the 2000's won't be playing this game, It will sell you know?
IO is doing a new story with a new Hitman, although since I played the first game and I killed all of "my brothers" and I was the last one left of my kind...
I can't imagine we're they going with the story, the concept of it and I'm waiting for good explications on that matter.

omega77
22nd Dec 2011, 00:10
I thought in the run for your life trailer he sounded like christian bale in batman. (but hitman doesnt sound as constipated.)

Barez
22nd Dec 2011, 00:46
Why everyone needs the voice of David Bateson? I mean, for those 3 words on 6 missions that 47 says.. In BM longest sentence he said is in the casino..

Look in the first place at the game, and not on hes voice. Would you guys be happy with the voice of David Bateson and 47 being a fat guy with afro hair? (just call the opposite of balt here :p). He is not a new Hitman! Betrayed by those he trusted and now he is hunted and on the run.. what do you guys want him to do ? Ooh im betrayed, everyone hunts me but i'll go do some missions for those who betrayed me.. sounds ******* cool!

The fact he is less stealth (in the 'run for your life' mission) and in all trailers so far is because he is damn MAD and just sick of being betrayed. Thats why he act less stealth and more aggressively. ppl who don't agree with this, are not true hitman fans.. we asked for 47 come back,well there he is and take him like he came back (tho he is still the same assasin) IO is doing GREAT!!

cheers

Nogarda
22nd Dec 2011, 07:57
I see now why Gordon Freeman will remain a mute.

Shadow47
22nd Dec 2011, 20:19
Honestly, I was never really concerned about the voice.

Barez
22nd Dec 2011, 20:42
Honestly, I was never really concerned about the voice.

Me neither, it's such a small detail....

semajmarc87
9th Feb 2012, 00:32
Did this (http://www.petitiononline.com/david47/petition.html) petition end up getting sent to IO Interactive? It had well over 3,000 signatures.

PsychoNite
9th Feb 2012, 05:37
Why everyone needs the voice of David Bateson? I mean, for those 3 words on 6 missions that 47 says.. In BM longest sentence he said is in the casino..

Look in the first place at the game, and not on hes voice. Would you guys be happy with the voice of David Bateson and 47 being a fat guy with afro hair? (just call the opposite of balt here :p). He is not a new Hitman! Betrayed by those he trusted and now he is hunted and on the run.. what do you guys want him to do ? Ooh im betrayed, everyone hunts me but i'll go do some missions for those who betrayed me.. sounds ******* cool!

i definitely understand what your saying, but look at it from this perspective.. 47 doesnt have too much personality so his voice was really his identifying feature (not speaking physical features). its like if you have a favorite movie series and on the latest release (a significant amount into the series already) they change the main actor with someone who doesnt fit the bill at all.

an somewhat decent example would be James Bond. he was always this suave dark haired brit and in casino royale he was this blonde haired blue eyed guy, but thats ok because each actors iteration is its own saga basically, but this game doesnt take place in an alternate timeline. it takes place after blood money. from a plot standpoint, what happened in the time between BM and A that his voice dropped 10 octaves and lost its cold demeaner. if they can give a reasonable excuse for the voice change (like maybe he damaged his vocal chords) then i would be fine with it.

in media that uses voiceover work the VOICE is one of the characters defining traits.

Barez
9th Feb 2012, 16:49
i definitely understand what your saying, but look at it from this perspective.. 47 doesnt have too much personality so his voice was really his identifying feature (not speaking physical features). its like if you have a favorite movie series and on the latest release (a significant amount into the series already) they change the main actor with someone who doesnt fit the bill at all.

an somewhat decent example would be James Bond. he was always this suave dark haired brit and in casino royale he was this blonde haired blue eyed guy, but thats ok because each actors iteration is its own saga basically, but this game doesnt take place in an alternate timeline. it takes place after blood money. from a plot standpoint, what happened in the time between BM and A that his voice dropped 10 octaves and lost its cold demeaner. if they can give a reasonable excuse for the voice change (like maybe he damaged his vocal chords) then i would be fine with it.

in media that uses voiceover work the VOICE is one of the characters defining traits.

You got some points, but the exemple of the James Bond movie is not a good exemple, because you are talking about a visual change.. this isn't a visual change. You need to listen and to listen VERY GOOD to hear the change and i'm saying 'VERY GOOD' by the fact he does'nt speak that much.

Another thing; He was idd like you said.. not an easy talker and very cold in hes thoughts BUT in BM and previous games, he was ALWAYS prepaired before the started. He is hunted and betrayed and he want to know by who or how... so that can make him force to ask/tell or whatever.. so I don't mind the change because it has a good reason (even In-game) He has strange feelings beause maybe he is scared, because he don't know what will come if he gets arrested etc... Actualy i will have more fun by sneaking around and know like EVERY single cop is looking for me :D i hope you understand this because im not that good in English, i did my best :D

DevilsNeverCry
19th Feb 2012, 00:03
i am out raged with what they are doing...no David Bateson!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: WTF Eidos, IO interactive, and Square Enix!?!?!? are you trying to kill the game?! ive posted links on many hitman sites and youtube and facebook to get the word out We shant be ignored! Mayhap its too much to ask for Jesper Kyd, but come on really we need David Bateson! get the word out guys we have to do this. I'm a hardcore fan i will die (jk) if they do this.

Barez
20th Feb 2012, 10:40
IF you can't accept this change, then you cannot call yourself a Hitman hardcore fan.... Just wait your time and don't be that negative, you wanted (as hardcore fan) a new hitman game and here it is, take it or leave it. ;)

imported_Ice_man
20th Feb 2012, 16:28

that would be Awesome!

PsychoNite
23rd Feb 2012, 06:06
that would be Awesome!

i disagree. olyfant did a decent job as 47, but just because they changed who 47 was. in the movie he wasnt a middleaged clone, he was a 30something year old orphan. and the movie wasnt that great. it was fun to watch but it wasnt good.

BigBoss
23rd Feb 2012, 06:55
And this is what I think of yours:

http://driber.net/os/banhammer.png

Goodbye :wave:

Please don't ban me for finding that vid funny, I know how sensitive you are...

whocarescalmdown
27th Feb 2012, 21:10
made this profile just for this post
sure the voice actor may be important to everyone here and yes it does make people mad when things change. i would just like to say one thing them changing the actors yes might change his voice slightly but I'm going to put this up there like when i first started watching Dr who(2005) and the first one died in the story and changed to the next guy i said that's gay and I'm not going to watch this now. then i watched the next couple episodes and realized i liked this guy better then the last on and im going to give this game the same chance since i love this game and have since the first.

so to reiterate I AM BUYING THIS GAME and is and has been preordered since last November. and the rest of u guys need to get over it.

Barez
27th Feb 2012, 21:21
sure the voice actor may be important to everyone here and yes it does make people mad when things change. i would just like to say one thing them changing the actors yes might change his voice slightly but I'm going to put this up there like when i first started watching Dr who(2005) and the first one died in the story and changed to the next guy i said that's gay and I'm not going to watch this now. then i watched the next couple episodes and realized i liked this guy better then the last on and im going to give this game the same chance since i love this game and have since the first.

so to reiterate I AM BUYING THIS GAME and is and has been preordered since last November. and the rest of u guys need to get over it.

100% Agree! :thumb::thumb:

whocarescalmdown
27th Feb 2012, 21:43
and on another note i would also like to say thanks for releasing a new game we've been wanting for years:thumb::thumb: way up

sgg847
9th Mar 2012, 13:38
I see so many people crying over spilt milk. Maybe it is time to remember the words from the composition of Jesper Kyd- "I have chosen to embrace it" What is your opinion about the voice of Ray Stevenson as the future voice of agent 47?

semajmarc87
10th Mar 2012, 21:42

Nice job proving how little you care by... starting a profile just to tell us how little you care. To answer your question, I care about who is the voice actor of Agent 47 and many if not most Hitman fans do too.

GebelTheRebel
11th Mar 2012, 05:47
I don't see why it matters who the voice actor is as long as they do a great job at it. That's what we all want in the long run, no?

Besides, most of us fell in love with the game due to the gameplay, and not the one to two sentences 47 spoke between each mission.

Barez
11th Mar 2012, 09:11
I don't see why it matters who the voice actor is as long as they do a great job at it. That's what we all want in the long run, no?

Besides, most of us fell in love with the game due to the gameplay, and not the one to two sentences 47 spoke between each mission.

Agree!:thumb:

semajmarc87
12th Mar 2012, 01:57
Agree!:thumb:

You always agree :thumb:.

luminar
17th Mar 2012, 02:13
First I'm very excited for this game! It looks like a lot of fun! But I do think replacing David Bateson and Vivienne Mckee without contacting and giving an explanation for the recast is horribly disrespectful, unprofessional and a mistake. I have no problem with the new voice of 47 but I do have a problem with how the recast was handled. Shoddy job in that aspect IO.

Katie_Fleming
20th Mar 2012, 22:05

Agreed, so long as he doesn't sound drastically different. I play Tomb Raider too, and having a gazillion voices for Lara diminishes her character. I can handle two voices for 47 so long as it's not a shock to the ears when we hear him.

KingNL
27th Apr 2012, 02:11
Agreed, so long as he doesn't sound drastically different. I play Tomb Raider too, and having a gazillion voices for Lara diminishes her character. I can handle two voices for 47 so long as it's not a shock to the ears when we hear him.

I'm sorry but if you don't notice the difference between a British accent and an over-the-top American grunt accent then you should probably have your ears checked.

Barez
27th Apr 2012, 08:44
I like them both, so i don't really care about that:rasp:

Reeky Man
29th Apr 2012, 10:38
losing the original voice actors sucks, but it's something I can live with (although I will miss Diana's sexy British accent)

however the idea of Jesper Kyd not doing the music is just unreal to me, I simply can not believe that

make no mistake, Jesper Kyd's music is FUNDAMENTAL to the Hitman series, I mean let's not kid ourselves, all of the Hitman games, as great as they are, do have their flaws (like spottty AI for one), but I, along with many other gamers were willing to overlook those flaws for one simple reason, the atmosphere

the atmosphere in the Hitman series is not only great, but totally unique among video games and the number one reason for that is Jesper Kyd's music

I mean heck, with the release of every Hitman game in the past I was looking forward to Jesper Kyd's music as much as I was looking forward to the game itself and I'll never forget hearing the main theme of Hitman 2 for the first time

so having a Hitman game without Jesper Kyd doing the music is like making an Indiana Jones or Star Wars movie without John Williams or a Tim Burton movie without Danny Elfman, it just shouldn't be done

so please IO, I implore you to change your minds about this, if Jesper Kyd is too busy or whatever then delay the game until he has the time, I'm willing to wait and the extra polish couldn't hurt

lastly what kills me is Hitman Absolution is otherwise looking great, I can't wait to play it, but at the same time it just isn't Hitman without Jesper Kyd

mcescher1
29th Apr 2012, 18:07
hmmm... these points are a bit worrisome... i dont know who Jesper Kyd is.. and I don't know what the new 47 voice will sound like... but I am assuming all of these attributes will be better than good... basing off of past performances...

all this build up is a bit wild... is it possible for a persons head to explode?? because it may be happening to me...

June 9th is E3 2012... exactly one year after the official announcement of development..

about a month away and my guess as to when the release date will be ... released

patience is a virtue... not one of my strengths