PDA

View Full Version : The official multiplayer discussion thread

10th Jun 2011, 19:10
Edit by Driber: There were a lot of threads about multiplayer. They are now all merged together into an official multiplayer discussion thread.

The official statement from IO at this point is that there will be no multiplayer. See the FAQ thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=124605).

Use this thread to discuss multiplayer ideas, why you think H:A should or shouldn't have multiplayer, etc.

/edit

Ok so what do you think about multiplayer? Should they have multiplayer or no? Some people say that Assassins Creed's multiplayer was bad and that it shouldn't of had multiplayer to begin with. But I say so what if it sucked they tryed something new by try to make competitive stealth.

Death Match:Yeah so I was thinking just tag on a Death Match and a Team Death Match and you good.
Contracts Mode: Somebody said something about this forums were you can have like five people competing for who can kill the most targets, and all the players would start out with a hit on their heads. To keep it stealth in multiplayer anyone that gets caught gamer tag's would light up red for everyone to see. I know it sound like they probably would have a hard time coming up with something that works but a couple of people to give it some thought and you could really get something good on paper.
Co op: Co op was really good in splinter cell and it would be awesome if Hitman had some co op in it. It don't have to be in the story mode but like a set of Extra Missions.
Make your own Levels: (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=87913) This one right here would be like Halo's forge where you you can either customize the Level from scratch or use an existing to make your own mission. Customize the characters(Targets) and do all that good stuff down to the smallest detail. You probably already notice the Link it said the best way there but got this idea about this crazy yakuza style mission were you got ninjas and samurai and ****. Plus it add endless replay value.
Chalenge Mode: Basically it would just be a bunch of different objective mission like one example would Man Hunt where you kill 40 guards before the time run out
Man Hunt:

Brackstone17
10th Jun 2011, 19:45
Spy vs Spy

One player has a target to assassinate, the other player must assassinate the assassin. Both players are treated the same in terms of the need for disguises, guard reactions and weaponry.

Sn4ke47
10th Jun 2011, 19:57
My thoughts on this idea, MY THOUGHTS!!!! Simple, HELL TO DA NO, why?

• Waste of space.
• Makes campaign short.(due to 360's lack of space)
• Team might focus more on multiplayer instead of campaign, making storycrappy.

Sam_kain
10th Jun 2011, 20:07
Assassination Race :

It is simple, there is a VIP target, and you need to eliminate him, it can be free for all or team based

The trick is that it should be so hard, so whoever tries to run and gun will end up dieing, he needs to be stealthy, blend in, and so on

The one who utilize stealth the best way wins

Nogarda
10th Jun 2011, 20:43
I understand the possible requirement to tack on a multiplayer to compete with AC, but Hitman doesn't need it. It would be a much much stronger product for being a single player experience with a rich campaign.

Falkenwut
10th Jun 2011, 20:50
An Intriguing idea,.. but would ruin the Hitman experience. There is no need for multiplayer what'sover. However I do find "make your level" a nice idea.. or at least a randomize generator.

KingNL
10th Jun 2011, 23:14
NO MP PLEASE

Focus all your time on SP because I'd rather have another blood money than a splinter cell conviction

Srosa
11th Jun 2011, 00:18
First I want to see perfection in SP.

Falkenwut
11th Jun 2011, 01:10
^^ here here!!!

11th Jun 2011, 06:24
My thoughts on this idea, MY THOUGHTS!!!! Simple, HELL TO DA NO, why?

• Waste of space.
• Makes campaign short.(due to 360's lack of space)
• Team might focus more on multiplayer instead of campaign, making storycrappy. I'm thinking a separate CD for multiplayer instead of making a bunch of dlc's. something to keep it fresh without making having to pay for more. It seems like they already well on there way story campaign at least

Commander Shepard
12th Jun 2011, 17:19
NO.
They already have dumbed down the game enough.If the also add multiplayer then the game is officially dead for me.

Acid_Burn
12th Jun 2011, 17:32
They already have dumbed down the game enough.
Did you have a chance to play at least 1 FULL level? :)

Crake
12th Jun 2011, 17:46
How do you know the game has been dumbed down?

CoDEllite
12th Jun 2011, 18:12
All this talk of dumbing down is ridiculuos. Did you people play the game already. ANd adding optional mp is no way gonna dumb down sp campaign. Like did mp dumb down AC Brotherhood or Deadspace 2 or Red Dead? Take a chill pill peeps and get witht the times

Viacom
12th Jun 2011, 19:18
Spy vs Spy

One player has a target to assassinate, the other player must assassinate the assassin. Both players are treated the same in terms of the need for disguises, guard reactions and weaponry.

This would be the best idea by far, have all players discreetly travel through a map using disguises to blend in with the crowd making it hard for players to eliminate and find each other.

Another possible idea would be to have a player (or set amount of players) defend a target while hitmen hunt the target and avoid (or of course elminate) those defending. Would be incredibly strategic with several different ways to get to your target and those defending would have to make critical choices like "Should I abandon my target and head for the rooftop to snipe hitman? Or stick with him/her and wait for the hitman to storm the room?"

Multiplayer ideas for this game is endless.

3rdmillhouse
13th Jun 2011, 01:40
MP??

http://www.memestick.com/images/MULTIPIC/awhellnaw.jpg

13th Jun 2011, 18:19
Spy vs Spy

It could be one on one or two team going at it. I was thinking for team work one guy can sneak in a building and let a rope down so other player can get into a place easer, and if theres a wall to hight one player can help another get over the wall where as one person alone wouldn't be able to.

Assassination Race :
It is simple, there is a VIP target, and you need to eliminate him, it can be free for all or team based
The trick is that it should be so hard, so whoever tries to run and gun will end up dieing, he needs to be stealthy, blend in, and so on
The one who utilize stealth the best way winsYeah thats basically what I was talking about with Contracts mode but Assassination race sonds much better. A free for all or four teams of four or just two teams something like that.

However I do find "make your level" a nice idea.. or at least a randomize generator.It would have to me like Halo's forge and The Sims. I never was able to get into downloading maps from Halo forge because it was just maps, but this would be so much better because its missions. I probably would just be using it for download missions but you give people something like this to work with and you'll get a endless amount of mission to play.

First I want to see perfection in SP.
Most definitely but multiplayer where its at. Of course single player gotta be as fresh as posable.

CoDEllite
13th Jun 2011, 19:16
It would have to me like Halo's forge and The Sims. I never was able to get into downloading maps from Halo forge because it was just maps, but this would be so much better because its missions. I probably would just be using it for download missions but you give people something like this to work with and you'll get a endless amount of mission to play.

:thumb: WORD

20th Jun 2011, 15:02
Hunter and Hunted:The idea was Spy vs Spy but hunter and Hunted instead of spys because their both assassins and their both hunted. So its basically a different idea of what the name should be but the same idea though. I also think two on two or four vs four Teams so that you can use coop moves like giving another player a boost to get to higher places one person wouldn't be namanly be able to get to.

Assassination Race:Theres multiple Targets on the map and the map got to be big and sandbox like with hotel and a restaurant. Each Target would be worth $40,000 or $50,000, with maybe a few Big Time Targets that give you $100,000. The more target a player kills the bigger the price on his head goes up. Like was said it could be Team based of Free for All any of that would work but I like big multiteams teams because Im crazy with it like that.

War Zone:This could be a multiteam game where everyone gets their own base and their own NPC's, a armory where you can loud upon weapons, and on the top floor of this base everyone has a target(NPC or VIP) that they have to protect from each others team. It could be only two teams too and outside of your base you would play it as a hitman.

Game Rules: You would be able to tag players in multiplayer mode so that your team could get a sniper shot on him or something like that. Certain game modes you would get extra lives, a time limite or something like that. But the rules would be customizable so that nothing would be written in stone allowing they to change things to keep it balace.

Custom Characters & disguises:The game shouldn't be to much like Assassins Creed where the player just transforms into a different person but you would use disguises just like 47 does. Players should be able to choose what their character will look like. To be able to choose male or female and the skin type or something like that. they'll still be able to blend in because there would be NPC's that look just like your player but wearing different cloths so there would be no way of pointing out who's who.
Level Maker:Reuse alot of old in game material all kinds of fully customizable characters and stuff. Build whole levels.

Hitman Absolution: Multiplayer Addition All this is obviously to big to fit in the orignal game they should make an multiplayer addition after the fact. games are always making DLC's that give you new map and multiplayer game playlist. GTA did it with their Lost and Damned and Ballet of Gay Tony, so hitman can release a whole nother dise for multiplayer.
But for the original game they could just put Hunter and Hunted in there and if the sigle player maps are made well enough than they could use that for your multiplayer levels.

agent47.
20th Jun 2011, 17:10
Well i think it would be a awesome add on

Srosa
20th Jun 2011, 20:08
An idea? Do not put the multiplayer.

Deus_Ex_Machina
22nd Jun 2011, 01:27
NO MP IN HITMAN EVER!!!!11111

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Big Joe T
28th Jun 2011, 16:41
I think the Hitman franchise would benefit greatly from the addition of multiplayer. Imagine a game mode where there are 2 factions, the Hitmen and the Bodyguards / protection. The target would be an NPC and the Hitmen would have to eliminate the target in a certain time limit, the Bodyguards would have to eliminate the Hitmen or keep the NPC alive until time runs out. It'd be cool if the Bodyguards could go undercover too. Seeing how Assassins Creed benifited significantly from its multiplayer mode, I forsee an addition like this would be a blast and a totally new experience in the Hitman universe.

KingNL
28th Jun 2011, 18:40
Come on man...Why add multiplayer to a game that has been singleplayer since forever?

That's just asking for trouble

Srosa
28th Jun 2011, 20:42
No thanks.

29th Jun 2011, 06:37
Come on man...Why add multiplayer to a game that has been singleplayer since forever?

That's just asking for trouble

Yeah Because God forbid they try something new for a change.

29th Jun 2011, 06:42

Don't worry man I got more ideas for sure.

Spy vs Spy
I also was thinking it could be spy vs thief where the objective is changed a little bit.

KingNL
29th Jun 2011, 10:58
Why doesn't IO just take the SP and MP from another game (Splinter Cell Conviction) and put it in Hitman Absolution.

All they would have to do is change agent 47 with Sam Fisher.

Oh wait, they are already doing that.

Big Joe T
30th Jun 2011, 05:18
no one said you had to play multiplayer but seriously, I beat the other games 100% and I wanted to keep playing but had no reason to.

30th Jun 2011, 08:00
We already got some original and unique ideas for multiplayer on this on this thread. There pretty damn good if I should say so myself and have nothing to do with any other game Period.

Also sense when was it cool to spam splinter cell conviction everywhere. Sense when did just saying "splinter cell Conviction" become a legitimate way to argue your point.

BeardedHoplite
1st Jul 2011, 13:21
I think multiplayer could be done, but I feel it would be a tad pointless and be weird coming from a series that typically excels in singleplayer

BigBoss
1st Jul 2011, 22:10
Could be cool

nirvana1
1st Jul 2011, 23:31
Could be cool

hitman no need multy, single will have compeletly fun and love for the gamers

ZanNight
2nd Jul 2011, 01:02
While Hitman has been "Absolutely" perfect with it's Single player only style, because it was filled with an unmatchable gameplay, breathtaking locations, and a phenomenal story on the back burner, I'm either way with it being only Singleplayer or also having Multiplayer included.

That being said - I would rather see Multiplayer have less effort put in than the story if that's the case. While you /can/ play with the idea of putting in a Multiplayer, Singleplayer should still be the first priority. The Hitman Franchise didn't get where it was today by capitalizing on something other games were doing.

If the Singleplayer gameplay and storyline are anything less than the perfection we've seen from the other Hitman games, it won't be the same, and it should be the primary if not only focus.

If there is a multiplayer, I'd like to see it be one of the intelligent types of games. While most people strongly talk against Assassin's Creed (admittedly I don't like the series either) I had some of the funnest time playing Brotherhood's multiplayer because it was /different/ and required some actual thought to /play/ it.

Kane and Lynch's Fragile Alliance was a wonderful step in that direction. (The gameplay of the actual game got in it's way, but the idea and guidelines were still probably my favorite experience to date in a multiplayer game.)

GPUX
6th Jul 2011, 11:19
And how would they incorporate multiplayer in a game, which conceptually is all about a lone assassin conducting assassinations?

Srosa
6th Jul 2011, 12:48
The Solo mode must be perfect first-

Rigglethor
15th Jul 2011, 06:04
Adding multiplayer similar to The Ship would be fun, considering it's pretty much dead.

As long as it doesn't effect the single player! That takes top priority.

Someot
22nd Aug 2011, 20:57
i think an online two player might be cool but im not sure how they would do that.

Someot
22nd Aug 2011, 21:02
well since it seems they're adding more actions to blend in i think they could have a 4 player mode where there's one target and everyone else is against each other but they're placed in different areas with different appearances and if your good enough the human players wont know its you so you can take out the target and hide him before they find out

hitman flava47
24th Aug 2011, 09:00
No multiplayer, thanks.

Agent94
1st Sep 2011, 17:16
Multiplayer would be nice, but is not needed. What is needing is modding capabilities, map development, making your own campaigns. It sends shivers up my spine that a console gamer is mentioning halo forge. That's not modding, that's a amatuers plaything.

Pc Gaming = Modding.

romcombo
4th Sep 2011, 21:41
I think co-op would be ok but I probably wouldn't play it often with people I didn't know as I wouldn't know if they were going to cause a mass murder spree or actually play the game stealthily.... I think that some single player missions should be co-op and some not and then have some that are co-op only if it is included.

TheBRADLeyB
5th Sep 2011, 23:11
Yeah if they are going to add multiplayer I want it to be Co-Op or a Competitive Mode to see who can kill a target first.

But all in all as long as SP Missions are good and replayable I won't need MP. I still have and play Blood Money all the time because it's that damn good.

10th Sep 2011, 21:59
I think multiplayer could be done, but I feel it would be a tad pointless and be weird coming from a series that typically excels in singleplayerI don't think it would be weird to add new features to a game and it definitely wouldn't be pointless to add multiplayer because you just be adding more things to do.

HitmanFan1192
11th Sep 2011, 16:57
If they were to add a multiplayer feature I most definitely wouldn't play because I wouldn't have any interest. The story is where it's at for me and I'm still playing Hitman Blood Money on 360 after getting it on PS2 way back in 06 I think it was. I agree that if there was to be a multiplayer too much time would be spent on it and the story just wouldn't be up there with all the others. I say stick to Single Player!!! But of course that's just my opinion!

BALD47
18th Sep 2011, 06:01
Look, Hitman is not designed to be an all out death match shooter, go play COD, Socom or whatever shooter floats your boat. If Eidos decides to add some form of MP, I think it should be CO-OP, Possibly Co-op campaign or dif campaign based on just CO-OP, like the Splinter Cell Conviction Co-Op campaign.
Also, for the people complaining about silent a. ratings being to hard, Remember what Jason S. said in The Mechanic, the best hit is the one that looks like an accident.

hitman flava47
20th Sep 2011, 16:15
no multiplayer, please.

Te_pe
22nd Sep 2011, 22:15
Here is my ideia of an HITMAN online

Is a 2 players game where one is the assassin with a NPC target an the other is a police man that has to protect the NPC.
First you chose costum weapons, outfits and other stuff.
Then game stars, both players and the NPC are in reandom locations. So the policeman has to decide if he will protec the NPC or will go after the assassin, while the assassin has to go through securiti and decide how he will take down the target.
After some minutes the assassin get his target and continues the chase, but now the policeman knows where he is by cameras and is running after him.
To complete the mission he must get out alive. Then the assassin wears a blue coat and a mask.
He starts runnig to the front doors of the hotel with the police right in his back .
When he gets out an internet Flash Mob starts (he would have promoted it with some experience or money before the mission started). Now his walking without corncern because everibody is wearing the same coat and mask he is.

Thats how I thik should be a multiplayer in HITMAN, anyway the Flash Mob
idea would be nice even in single player.

Dinge
29th Sep 2011, 11:54
Hello, I was always a big fan of Hitman and only recently learned that there was a new one on the way. As soon as I hit the boards one thing immediately became clear: there's a lot of commotion about a possible multiplayer. To be more specific, the fan base seems to be divided on the issue whether there should be a miltiplayer for this new title.

I for one think a multiplayer isn't absolutely necessary for a game, it offers a lot of game time but it also requests a lot of time and money to develop it.

So why not fix things the easy way, let's say the game releases as a single player only. Why not make the game co-up compatible? Let's say you can team up for a certain mission, all the devs need to do to stop the game from being totally lame and easy is to add some parameters to enhance the difficulty when playing with more than one player.

This way the game is enjoyable as a group activity, it also offers more variety since you can do more with two than alone and it wouldn't demand much more time nor money. Also, think about how many extra ways there would be to sneak around someone when playing with more than one player. For instance, if one person can create an aversion whilst dressed like a civilian some guards could get distracted and let the other agent pass. I could make up hundreds of stealth team moves and it would only make the game more awesome. Not to mention the replay value would significantly be improved.

Just a though, I hope I'm not repeating what someone else has already said. Please respond if you like this idea.

- Dinge

Viacom
30th Sep 2011, 22:04
Oh man, co-op could be such a blast in this game. Breaking out the microphones working together with your teammate:

"I just climbed the fire escape and made my way into the building, how are you doing Greg?"
*Shots fired*
"Good, I just went through the front door"
"Oh fu--"

Falkenwut
8th Oct 2011, 02:26
No. Plain and simple. Too many Co-op games running around.
Assassination with assistance is boring.
Be a man and do it yourself :P :P

Forklift
9th Oct 2011, 14:00
Yes. Plain and simple. Not enough co-op games running around.
Assassination with a co op partner could be excellent, only one way to find out.
Be sensible before just writing off a potentially great extra feature as if it wouldn't be any good, when you have absolutely no idea about how they would even approach a co-op mode.

Falkenwut
10th Oct 2011, 00:29
Yes. Plain and simple. Not enough co-op games running around.
Assassination with a co op partner could be excellent, only one way to find out.
Be sensible before just writing off a potentially great extra feature as if it wouldn't be any good, when you have absolutely no idea about how they would even approach a co-op mode.

Personally I thought of it through before I jumped to saying no.

Despite the idea of Co-op sounding interesting it just doesn't fit hitman...

Tenchu Z had a feature of Co-op assassinations... Just made the game easier to complete, no challenge.

Not enough Co-op games? I Beg to differ :nut:

Don't get me wrong, should Any game industry make a reasonable and fun assassination game (Hitman related or not), I'd be more than willing to give it a go :D

Nogarda
10th Oct 2011, 11:59
There will be no mr. 47 Co-op whatsoever, the guy works alone, and in a interview with eurogamer they recently said as such.

prodigy123
13th Oct 2011, 06:25
Yes awesome idea dude, I would like to here IO's thoughts on that.

BigBoss
13th Oct 2011, 06:51
Hey, as long as every possible asset is used in crafting SP, if they have extra resources and disc space, why not?

This kind of reminds me of the current mass effect fiasco going on with the announcement of coop mp. If the SP team is completely separate and the game is still a 30-40 hour 2 disc epic, who cares if they throw in another disc with coop mp that can actually affect your sp game if you want it to? I think that sounds awesome.

Mr.X
13th Oct 2011, 12:30
Look Dude this game had Single in 1-2-3-4 i think so why multi ? cause we are new gen . Multi=Screwing Single players !!

Xcom
13th Oct 2011, 12:46
And how would they incorporate multiplayer in a game, which conceptually is all about a lone assassin conducting assassinations?

Well, so is Assassin's Creed but they did it ..somehow.

BigBoss
13th Oct 2011, 18:45
Look Dude this game had Single in 1-2-3-4 i think so why multi ? cause we are new gen . Multi=Screwing Single players !!

That didn't really address what I was saying

ALSO “It’s unfortunately not something I can talk about right now, but I can say, in the story part, Agent 47 definitely works alone.”
http://www.hitman5absolution.com/2011/10/06/agent-47-online-possibility-of-online-multiplayer-action/

so everyone can relax a bit

CBow
17th Oct 2011, 02:58
The only thing I can think is that you get to be two less assassins, kinda like the Glados and her buddies Atlas and P-body. More levels but with less skills because you of course are not as cool as 47, different styles of missions as well.

BigBoss
17th Oct 2011, 08:38
All this speculation, no research.....
http://www.hitman5absolution.com/2011/10/06/agent-47-online-possibility-of-online-multiplayer-action/

Hitori
21st Oct 2011, 02:54
Well i will tell you this, i been thinking abouth multiplayer ever since the second Hitman game, and you know what, the last hitman game that was released, well it was good and nice and an improvement on the previous ones, but there was one problem in my case
I COMPLETED THE ENTIRE GAME IN LESS THAN 7 DAYS!

And in regard to your comments abouth agent 47 beeing a solo guy, think abouth why he's named 47, he's named 47 because he probably killed the other 46 clones (to old for him i guess), just that alone is enough to support the idea of a multiplay with 2-50+ players.
And in previous hitman games he have had to kill he's so called "brothers" (fellow clones), so why not this one.

Eaven if i agree with the idea that main focus should be on completeing the solo play so it's not a plain copy of an old hitman game, from what i see in the game video they sure have been buissy makeing it easy and realistic as well as new and interesting, i still believe that the only way they can make the game more interesting beyond the simple "single play campain completed" is to introduce multiplay at some point.

Nothing says they have to make multiplay work before release, it may actually be possible to introduce it later as a patch.

As for how to make multiplay work, seams almost no-one have been putting their thinking cap on for the last few years.
There is no point in a free for all deathmatch, eaven if we may wonder who will win (better try/buy UT2004 or some other multiplayer game then).

So what is hitman abouth?
1. Assasinations
2. Infiltrations
3. Getting the hot girl in the bloody pool of, well blood, and kill her before she rats on you.
4. Beeing creative in your approach when killing (using what you got on hand).
5. Getting away with murder.
6. Dressupp (cosplay lol).
7. Getting rid of alot of corpses.
8. Following a plan (one way or the other the gettaway car will not wait for you so you may as well shoot the driver in the head).

So how to make this into a fun and uniqe multiplayer game feature that have as many of the mentioned elements as possible in it?
It is a hard consept, but if it can be done then hitman might eaven have an future as a MMO (as strange as it may sound).

1. Assasinations, simple enough, make a multiplay map with 1-10 targets NPC or non-NPC (or more), maybe eaven go as far as to pre-designate number of targets in regard to value in points, for example a vote on assassins side on who to kill is decided before the round,
the president or vice president is full points but only 1 allowed target,
president key staff ½ of full points but only 2 targets allowed,
president guests 1/10 of full points but only 10 targets allowed,
since it's decided before starting your restricted to that goal, meaning if the guards (possibly with mixed in players) narrow down your possible target it will be harder for you to get full points and win.
This also gives possibillity of fake assasination attempts (diversionary tactics).
How to ID others is by generated pictures of the targets (objectives checklist info)

2. Infiltrations, this is the tricky part, how to make a bald guy blend into real life well enough to fool other human players. You can always have a skin copy ability, or a randomisation feature that makes you and others look unique ewery round (you will not eaven recognice your own teammembers).
But that alone is not enough, the players must interact in a way as realistic as NPC's ,and NPC's must behave more irradic and varied (unique patters for ewery round), as well as player like responce timeings, best way is to use same interaction method as the NPC's have but tru a branched 0-9 options menu.

3. Getting the hot girl killed. Just shoot the B**** simple enough!

4. Beeing creative. Place lots of potential weapons around, or supply starting options, poisons, guns, rifles, knives, and bombs as well as make the plan more vague so you have plenty of options on how to win.

5. Getting away with murder. Simple enough, make the assasination fail if killed/found/captured before leaving the area.

6. Dressupp (cosplay lol). Well having a guy in a dress around is a weee bit suspicious, so introducing female assassins might be an must have for multiplay.

7. Getting rid of alot of corpses. It will get abit harder to fitt in all the dead player bodies into the restroom stall, so a new method of stacking bodies might be needed. Also large pools and splattermarks of blood is abit of a "dead" giveaway.

8. Following a plan. Well best way to follow a plan is to make one upp before the round starts (possibly in written form with time chedule and so on) and then maybe limit communication during play.

But it is not multiplay if you can't win against another player, so what is the win conditions?

1. Kill targets
2. Get away
3. Fullfill objectives

But how do you lose then?

1. All assassins gets killed/captured
2. The allowed time period runs out
3. Objective failed

So why have capture as an option?
It's like a fun game of tag, it does not eliminate a player on the spot, it's fun to shoot a guy in the leg and grabb he's gun when he try shoot himselfe, it can be used for the simple idea of tortuering him repeatedly in order to aquire a picture of one assassin ewery time the poor dude is tortured, as well as the possibillity of allowing team killing/rescue in order to protect the mission.
Anyhow agent 47 have always been sturdy, so why not make it into a disadvantage by makeing it possible to shoot several bullets into him to slow him down, disable him, then tie him upp and slapp him silly before shooting him between the eye's (bonus point perhaps).

Another fun idea is that you can become the target and try your best at defence, tho it will have to include some compulsive behaviours like drinking when beeing offered a drink (regardless of it beeing poisoned or not), and having a checklist of things he must do following a chedule (unless interupted).
Just imagine the president running around the corner, grabbing a vase, and knocks a assassin un-counsious, or picks upp a dropped gun and shoot the enemy, or gets into a knife/fist-fight.

Best way to make multiplay interesting is to make it un-predictable eaven if played 50 times, unknown number of player guards, assassins and targets (decided at random by server rules) maybe eaven mix in a secret CIA agent among civillians (lots of confusion), side/team/role decided at random.

"Make it un-predictable eaven if played 50 times", ok now that might actually become addictive!

Anyhow a game like hitman becomming a multiplay is a bit hard to visualise and imagine as the game itselfe is wery unique, but if 007 can be a multiplay game, then why not 47.
But eaven if the developers start on makeing multiplay possible, the only concrete way to make it balanced and good, is to experiment with vareous solid ideas and variations to come upp with what works best. And eaven that is a project almost as hard as the single play itselfe (yet it's an idea to try once we get bored).

But there is one thing that we have been missing in regard to player-player interaction.
And that is a map/AI/mission editor as well as a public distrubution method for the result (download site and integrated ranking lists).

That is at least an idea easy enough to request to the developers right away, and it will make the game more of an challenge/interest as new content/missions will get made daily then.

Hitori
21st Oct 2011, 03:07

You sure love to play by yourselfe.

Hitori
21st Oct 2011, 03:16
Well i will tell you this, i been thinking abouth multiplayer ever since the second Hitman game, and you know what, the last hitman game that was released, well it was good and nice and an improvement on the previous ones, but there was one problem in my case

And in regard to agent 47 beeing a solo guy, think abouth why he's named 47, he's named 47 because he probably killed the other 46 clones (to old for him i guess), just that alone is enough to support the idea of a multiplay with 2-50+ players.
And in previous hitman games he have had to kill he's so called "brothers" (fellow clones), so why not this one.

Eaven if i agree with the idea that main focus should be on completeing the solo play so it's not a plain copy of an old hitman game, from what i see in the game video they sure have been buissy makeing it easy and realistic as well as new and interesting, i still believe that the only way they can make the game more interesting beyond the simple "single play campain completed" is to introduce multiplay at some point.

Nothing says they have to make multiplay work before release, it may actually be possible to introduce it later as a patch.

As for how to make multiplay work, seams almost no-one have been putting their thinking cap on for the last few years.
There is no point in a free for all deathmatch, eaven if we may wonder who will win (better try/buy UT2004 or some other multiplayer game then).

1. Assasinations
2. Infiltrations
3. Getting the hot girl in the bloody pool of, well blood, and kill her before she rats on you.
8. Following a plan (one way or the other the gettaway car will not wait for you so you may as well shoot the driver in the head).

So how to make this into a fun and uniqe multiplayer game feature that have as many of the mentioned elements as possible in it?
It is a hard consept, but if it can be done then hitman might eaven have an future as a MMO (as strange as it may sound).

1. Assasinations, simple enough, make a multiplay map with 1-10 targets NPC or non-NPC (or more), maybe eaven go as far as to pre-designate number of targets in regard to value in points, for example a vote on assassins side on who to kill is decided before the round,
since it's decided before starting your restricted to that goal, meaning if the guards (possibly with mixed in players) narrow down your possible target it will be harder for you to get full points and win.
This also gives possibillity of fake assasination attempts (diversionary tactics).
How to ID others is by generated pictures of the targets (objectives checklist info)

2. Infiltrations, this is the tricky part, how to make a bald guy blend into real life well enough to fool other human players. You can always have a skin copy ability, or a randomisation feature that makes you and others look unique ewery round (you will not eaven recognice your own teammembers).
But that alone is not enough, the players must interact in a way as realistic as NPC's ,and NPC's must behave more irradic and varied (unique patters for ewery round), as well as player like responce timeings, best way is to use same interaction method as the NPC's have but tru a branched 0-9 options menu.

4. Beeing creative. Place lots of potential weapons around, or supply starting options, poisons, guns, rifles, knives, and bombs as well as make the plan more vague so you have plenty of options on how to win.

5. Getting away with murder. Simple enough, make the assasination fail if killed/found/captured before leaving the area.

6. Dressupp (cosplay lol). Well having a guy in a dress around is a weee bit suspicious, so introducing female assassins might be an must have for multiplay.

7. Getting rid of alot of corpses. It will get abit harder to fitt in all the dead player bodies into the restroom stall, so a new method of stacking bodies might be needed. Also large pools and splattermarks of blood is abit of a "dead" giveaway.

8. Following a plan. Well best way to follow a plan is to make one upp before the round starts (possibly in written form with time chedule and so on) and then maybe limit communication during play.

But it is not multiplay if you can't win against another player, so what is the win conditions?

1. Kill targets
2. Get away
3. Fullfill objectives

3. Objective failed

It's like a fun game of tag, it does not eliminate a player on the spot, it's fun to shoot a guy in the leg and grabb he's gun when he try shoot himselfe, it can be used for the simple idea of tortuering him repeatedly in order to aquire a picture of one assassin ewery time the poor dude is tortured, as well as the possibillity of allowing team killing/rescue in order to protect the mission.
Anyhow agent 47 have always been sturdy, so why not make it into a disadvantage by makeing it possible to shoot several bullets into him to slow him down, disable him, then tie him upp and slapp him silly before shooting him between the eye's (bonus point perhaps).

Another fun idea is that you can become the target and try your best at defence, tho it will have to include some compulsive behaviours like drinking when beeing offered a drink (regardless of it beeing poisoned or not), and having a checklist of things he must do following a chedule (unless interupted).
Just imagine the president running around the corner, grabbing a vase, and knocks a assassin un-counsious, or picks upp a dropped gun and shoot the enemy, or gets into a knife/fist-fight.

Best way to make multiplay interesting is to make it un-predictable eaven if played 50 times, unknown number of player guards, assassins and targets (decided at random by server rules) maybe eaven mix in a secret CIA agent among civillians (lots of confusion), side/team/role decided at random.

I can eaven name a game that succed in the regard of beeing un-predictable
"Team fortress 2"

"Make it un-predictable eaven if played 50 times", ok now that might actually become addictive!

Anyhow a game like hitman becomming a multiplay is a bit hard to visualise and imagine as the game itselfe is wery unique, but if 007 can be a multiplay game, then why not 47.
But eaven if the developers start on makeing multiplay possible, the only concrete way to make it balanced and good, is to experiment with vareous solid ideas and variations to come upp with what works best. And eaven that is a project almost as hard as the single play itselfe (yet it's an idea to try once we get bored).

But there is one thing that we have been missing in regard to player-player interaction.
And that is a map/AI/mission editor as well as a public distrubution method for the result (download site and integrated ranking lists).

That is at least an idea easy enough to request to the developers right away, and it will make the game more of an challenge/interest as new content/missions will get made daily then.

big_hitman_fan
24th Oct 2011, 02:56
It's hard to imagine MP play that would work for a Hitman title - but Assassin's Creed's Wanted mode proved you can make a compelling mode. Here's some random ideas:

Body Count: Players are put in a massive environment with tons of targets and limited time. Goal is to take out the most targets silently before time is up. Penalty for being detected (like resetting to the beginning of the level, or losing kill count)
Capture The Flag: Two players start on the opposite side of a puzzling level. Goal is to get through a gauntlet of NPCs (silently or action orient) and get to a finish spot (the flag) before their opponent.
Exotic Kill Award: This is asynchronous - players are given a target in an environment with tons of environment objects/traps to set. A score is given for the kill based on the number of traps, and the "epic" nature of the target's kill. Other players compete to raise their score. You also get to see a replay of the last 15 seconds of the target's "life", so you can see how someone got to the top of a leaderboard. Resets weekly.

Avean
1st Jan 2012, 18:47
I am not talking deathmatch or anything like that, i am talking more of an assassination game similar to the popular indie game The Ship.

Basicly you are all civilians on a map and you get a target which you have a limited time to take out. But at the same time there is another player that may have you as a target, so its a thrilling experience of hunting down someone while beeing as subtle as possible, as well as looking over your own shoulders all the time.

This would be really fun within a game like Hitman. You could also have a mode where one players gets to be a hitman (random civilian npc skin) where the rest of the players would need to protect a VIP that is moving and doing his stuff. I am 100% for a multiplayer in games like this, you would also avoid alot of piracy issues since people would need a key to play online.

@CE
1st Jan 2012, 20:40
That sounds exactly like Assassin's Creed multiplayer, which basically wasn't good at all.

Hell, any multiplayer idea for hitman is plain wrong.

Avean
2nd Jan 2012, 15:21
Nothing like assassins creed multiplayer, The Ship is the only game that has done this idea. Multiplayer is the best thing you can do to a game, making a community around it, making it last alot longer.

Would you rather hunt down NPC instead of players ? I dont think so

Screaming Meat
2nd Jan 2012, 16:19
I came up with a couple of multiplayer modes, myself:

Assassination -

The set-up is a typical Hitman level. Starting in seperate areas, Two to four players - all clones of our boy 47 - have to assassinate a single target (or a number of sub-targets for BONUS POINTS!). The target(s) are guarded by the usual assortment of police, bodyguards and what-nots. There are, as usual, numerous ways to get the target. Whoever gets the key target wins the round.

Every player has the same abilities and options available to them as the single player game (disguises, accidents, melee etc). You can go in guns blazing and get the police, guards and other players after you OR you can try to sneak through in true Hitman style, whilst trying to avoid the attentions of the other players, who may garotte you whilst your setting up a car bomb or hiding a body.

When you are in disguise, you will appear like that to your opponents, just as you do to NPCs in the game. To avoid their attentions, you will have to act like an NPC very carefully. If you fail too, you'll likely have one of the other players stalking you. Hopefully this will breed a healthy atmosphere of paranoia.

Sure, you could have nutty players just gunning everyone down, but that's what Hitman is about, right: options. If anything, it'll act as distraction for the stealth players (if you don't get caught in the cross-fire. Levels that are big enough should avoid this problem). Also, there are a number of ways to curb nutters if it becomes a problem: each level could unleash a special armed response team who are particularly difficult to avoid or kill upon the complete psychos, you could deduct points for killing civilians, limit ammo count etc.

The Hit -

Based on MGS3's excellent Snake vs Many mode: One player is 47 and has to, as above, assassinate a target. The other 2-3 are police/armed response and must hunt the Hitman. Hitman has NO respawns, whilst the police/guard team do. To balance things, 47 can be somewhat more robust than he is in singleplayer. He'll also have access to an awful lot of gadgets etc.

The police should be given the ability to stop and search NPCs and have access to security cameras, alarms etc. Obviously, the guard team cannot just murder everyone in the level to find 47. There are a number of ways you can deal with that: Civilian deaths at the hands of a guards means all the other defending NPCs turn on you, deducted points etc.

Anyway, The guard team win if they kill 47 and 47 wins if he successfully assassinates the target and escapes the level.

That's all I got...

@CE
3rd Jan 2012, 01:54
Nothing like assassins creed multiplayer, The Ship is the only game that has done this idea. Multiplayer is the best thing you can do to a game, making a community around it, making it last alot longer.

Would you rather hunt down NPC instead of players ? I dont think so

That's exactly what Assassin's Creed MULTIPLAYER is.

You get a target you need to kill (another player), while another player has you as a target. You need to be checking over your shoulder while looking out for your target.

It's exactly what you described, Assassin's Creed's multiplayer still ain't good.

Nogarda
3rd Jan 2012, 13:35
All you did was discribe wanted and assassinate modes to the T.

Hitman doesn't need competitive multiplayer, but if you look over the years how the top hitman players do things, a speedrun leaderboard would be nice, scoreboard modes for those that can't pull off SA ranks all the time. points and multipliers for every guard killed deductions for cilvilian deaths etc. possible time and health bonuses based on regular stats excluding rank, unless it has its own murderous ranking system.

The pro's board will so easily be a suit only mode no disguises, no guns, just hand to hand kills or accidents with times, 'witnesses', 'discovered bodies' and ranks seperating them.

Things like that would genuinely enchance the experience, with the possibility of downloading ghosts from the top 10 players or something and uploading friend only ghosts. The addition of ghosts would have the top players constantly having to refine tactics, of shaving off 10ths of seconds and would also aid lesser players, getting them to become better hitmen and women and learn from the dedicated professionals of hitman. You'll know when you see Curtains Down completed in about 40 seconds. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eehYqN8eZw&feature=related ) it's moments like this that get players thinking.

The best thing about hitman is how diverse the players can be though as I never use guns, as I prefer the up close and personal, then disappearing like a ghost option, and don't consider a level mastered til its done with just target kills on pro mode.

mcescher1
4th Jan 2012, 04:57
a hitman multiplayer would be soo sweet... they could even just do a basic one and it would be cool... like a straight up 'deathmatch' respawn style with a time limit and an option to choose your character... i would be happy with just that but im sure they could run a few different modes..

like a hide'n'seek with one player being 47 and 10 others security... rotating who's "it" and giving the most points to the one with the most time hidden or security kills... with a max round of like 3-4-or 5 minutes per person...

or just do a normal mission... with one 47 give security respawning but restrict their ability such as 'no ducking' and/or 'slow running'

or tailor one of the styles to a mission you have in the upcoming absolution... obviously i don't know any of the specifics of the game but if you have an interesting level with the right kind of circumstances you may be able to create one out of that...

or what would be sweeeet is a counterstrike style bomb planting or rescue hosties ct's vs. t's or clone 47's vs. cops/gangsters/people in bird suits

but please do something anything for a online multiplayer... even if its super basic shoot and kill each other pwettypwease

nonprofitkilla
9th Jan 2012, 23:10
Hitman doesn't need a multiplayer. It has always been a pure single player game and show stay that way.

Now a map editor on the other hand would be sweet.

omega77
10th Jan 2012, 01:28
Hitman doesn't need a multiplayer. It has always been a pure single player game and show stay that way.

just what i was thinking design your own hit's for others to play. a bit like the level editor in infamous 2, that would be cool. also a leader board would be excellent.

i wouldnt be that excited for multiplayer but i'd have a go.

mcescher1
11th Jan 2012, 19:47
im guessing absolution will not have a multiplayer... i would buy it... and i think a lot of other would...

even if it was a super basic 'kill the other team' kind of thing without takedowns or with (i only dont know if it would work ??)

maybe in 'hitman : clone army' the one after absolution ;)

techhd11
12th Jan 2012, 10:08
Such game played with an multi-player mode is being really interesting. I already did it with the help of this information (http://forums.techarena.in/video-games/1448831.htm). It works for me to get the better multiplayer mode result on it. You can also use it.

halvars90
14th Jan 2012, 21:37
NO MULTIPLAYER IT WOULD RUIN EVERYTHING.

mcescher1
17th Jan 2012, 01:45
co-op is different from multi-player... i agree with the idea of no co-op... but multiplayer... yeaaaaa booyyyyeee

mbangali
17th Jan 2012, 04:25
I really love to play multiplayer game but the thing is that it should be implemented properly. there should not be Co-Op as it has been already discussed over here.

Demoni91
18th Jan 2012, 14:00

Agree 100% if anything I can see it being the whole challenge mode like on batman AA where the only multiplayer clash is the score boards with fastest time.

imported_Ice_man
26th Jan 2012, 19:27
i think multiplayer would be cool, specialy if they did like everyone is given the same target ( not other players) but you don't know who it is you have to go around find clues ask questions and who ever kills the target or contract first wins, extra points if you make it look like an accident lol and no time limit, it would be cool if you started with basic stuff and had to buy and upgrade weapons and such to.

SlappyBag
27th Jan 2012, 21:52
No.

Hell no.

Sickhead
28th Jan 2012, 14:39

they did it right, but please what happened?

who likes to play this multiplayer?
assassins creed turned into a golden cow no ones wants to kill, and now they try to harvest money through the title as long as possible, the result is a game totally dryed out and tasteless.

please dont make this experiment, concentrate on the single player. dont look aside to the game industrie. give us true stealth action. if the people want their multiplayer action they can go play battlefield oder cod.

dont waste your focus on a multiplayer, please.
there are not many good games alive, that arent totally wasted, not least because of this...dont change the formula for this game. if people really respect a game, they will definitely buy it.

give us agent 47 with alot cinematic if you want, but give us the old game back.

MxOAgentJohnson
31st Jan 2012, 13:32
Whilst i enjoyed Assassins Creeds multiplayer for being different, i thought they just tacked it on for replay value, thats a series they are starting to milk.

Give me MOAR single player content over multiplayer anyday, unless they have a good enough reason and idea like they did for Kane And Lynch.

NeoPhoenix
12th Feb 2012, 12:10
don´t know y u againt a mp. a coop mode would be great
- requires good teamwork to accomplish the objective
- would be much fun to play with a friend that epic game together
- improving the gameplay by new tactics using two assassins
i dont want a multiplayer with user1 against user2 but a well dont cooperative mode

Forklift
17th Feb 2012, 13:50
I honestly think a co-operative mode could be brilliant, a seperate campaign for 2 players maybe.

2 characters with the skills and abilities of Agent 47 shared between them is one idea. Or both of them with the same skills as each other, but not as good as 47. OR both of them with the same skills as 47 but with maybe harder missions to balance it out.

A versus mode isn't interesting to me.

BigBoss
18th Feb 2012, 03:45
what about if it was 2 v 1 where 2 players were guards and the 3rd was 47 with all his abilities?

Barez
18th Feb 2012, 11:53

Hitman never had multiplayer, why not ? because the last game (BM) was made in 2006, on what console in that time could you go online that easily as now?
+
This is the first hitman since 2006. On every GAME (this time) there is a multiplayer.. If they add no multiplayer in this game, they will sell less.. because we got new hitman players and what will they think? something like .. OMG this game sucks, not even got a multiplayer etc etc ..

I don't know if there will be multiplayer, but i don't mind.

Multiplayer = good - no multiplayer = good ;)

CountO
19th Feb 2012, 13:32
It might be irrelevant, but there's an Xbox live and a Playstation network logo at the bottom of hitman.com :)

BigBoss
19th Feb 2012, 22:29
that just means that they will utilize it in some way, could just be stupid dlc or something

sgg847
11th Mar 2012, 17:08
that just means that they will utilize it in some way, could just be stupid dlc or something

If someone forms an opinion based on this interview then
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRm4qLSC6bQ
1 pessimist will say that multiplayer mode won't be available.
2 optimist will say that multiplayer mode will be available.
3 incurable optimist will say that 47 will take part in multiplayer mode.

Doctalen
11th Mar 2012, 18:59
I can't think of any way it would work. In AC there is the Assassins and Templar. In Splinter cell there are the Splinter Cells and the SWAT guys. I just don't know.

sgg847
11th Mar 2012, 19:50
I can't think of any way it would work. In AC there is the Assassins and Templar. In Splinter cell there are the Splinter Cells and the SWAT guys. I just don't know.
I will fill the gap in your imagination through the further analysis of this interview and with comparison to another my favorite game - Freedom Fighters. If you remember multiplayer mode of FF includes death match between 2 antagonists of this game. What can we hear now? Hitman getting a contract on, oh-oh-oh, of course, of course, I forgot, 47 getting a contract on....yeah, probably, due to the bandage on the back of 47 head, we should exclude a death match between these two chaps in MP, but who knows??? :scratch:

GebelTheRebel
11th Mar 2012, 21:04
Didn't Travis already state that multiplayer isn't in the plans for Absolution?

Doctalen
11th Mar 2012, 22:02
Watching the interview now. I know in the Riddick games one person played as Riddick and the others played as mercs. Maybe something like that would work. One plays as 47 and the other has bad guys. Thanks for linking that interview Sgg847! Would of watched it earlier but had to leave.

sgg847
12th Mar 2012, 08:51
Didn't Travis already state that multiplayer isn't in the plans for Absolution?
Because they know what to write and how to speak! Clever, very clever Goldfinger, but our double bald agent works better.

AmazingTabeeb
18th Mar 2012, 08:50

This!

AmazingTabeeb
18th Mar 2012, 09:01
Look guys I'm very new here to the forums, but I come from the assassin's creed multiplayer community or at least I'm a part of it more seriously connected to the multiplayer of late. I can tell you that if done properly (which I have no doubt an intelligent company such as this can) can really be a new and very different experience that wouldn't appeal to all but it would appeal to those players who enjoy strategically out witting their opponents and using wits, strategy, skill and foresight to out maneuver the competition.

I can also tell you recently there has been much discussion amongst our players of the future of stealth MP gaming. I've been a fan of all things stealth since I can remember and Hitman is one of my favorites. i think a well thought out MP can really be such an amazing aspect that it completely redefines how online gaming is played.

AmazingTabeeb
18th Mar 2012, 09:05

The MP in AC is however largely disconnected from the SP aspect of the game. There are things from the SP that effect MP but not the other way around. Plus you don't animate an assassin during MP, all gameplay is between templars = greater consistency:o

DLovas_
21st Mar 2012, 00:19

And in regard to your comments abouth agent 47 beeing a solo guy, think abouth why he's named 47, he's named 47 because he probably killed the other 46 clones (to old for him i guess), just that alone is enough to support the idea of a multiplay with 2-50+ players.

1. Assasinations
2. Infiltrations

1. Kill targets
2. Get away
3. Fullfill objectives

3. Objective failed

You see this people? You see this IO?

Let me explain.

Albert Einstein created the Atomic Bomb.
Albert Einstein = Genius.

This guy created excellent multiplayer layout.
This guy = Genius.

mcescher1
14th Apr 2012, 20:04
onlineeeee multiplayer ---- all in favor ---- say Yay

YAY

Ceceli
15th Apr 2012, 01:14
YAY

SilentGuy
15th Apr 2012, 15:40
I remember seeing a previous thread where IO answered questions.
They stated that "Hitman works alone" and they had no plans on adding a multiplayer to the game.
I understand why...

mcescher1
15th Apr 2012, 17:09
they said hitman works alone.... but that doesnt necessarily mean there wont be online multiplayer...

they could have some sort of game mode... for multiplayer... or online...

all in favor ---- YAY

SilentGuy
15th Apr 2012, 19:02
they said hitman works alone.... but that doesnt necessarily mean there wont be online multiplayer...

They specifically stated that there were no plans on introducing multiplayer in Hitman:Absolution. They answered a fan-question in another thread on this site. :)

mcescher1
16th Apr 2012, 01:18
:'( .... still super excited for the game... i wants it

sazatores
29th Apr 2012, 14:58
Multiplayer would be good, if it concentrates on stealth, infiltration and elimination of the other assassins to prevent killing the target.

mcescher1
29th Apr 2012, 17:55
a hitman multiplayer would be soo sweet... they could even just do a basic one and it would be cool... like a straight up 'deathmatch' respawn style with a time limit and an option to choose your character... i would be happy with just that but im sure they could run a few different modes..

like a hide'n'seek with one player being 47 and 10 others security... rotating who's "it" and giving the most points to the one with the most time hidden or security kills... with a max round of like 3-4-or 5 minutes per person...

or just do a normal mission... with one 47 give security respawning but restrict their ability such as 'no ducking' and/or 'slow running'

or tailor one of the styles to a mission you have in the upcoming absolution... obviously i don't know any of the specifics of the game but if you have an interesting level with the right kind of circumstances you may be able to create one out of that...

or what would be sweeeet is a counterstrike style bomb planting or rescue hosties ct's vs. t's or clone 47's vs. cops/gangsters/people in bird suits

The Monk47
24th May 2012, 15:25
Alright hows it going.I know hitman is a great single player game and i love it just wondering whether there will be any form of multiplay in absolution or dlc for the future,just think it would be nice to hunt down and assassinate my friends ha ha ha cheers

AH88
24th May 2012, 20:16
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=124605

Will there be multiplayer?
Agent 47 works alone

Of course there's a chance they might surprise us, but I'm not sure multiplayer would work in the Hitman series.

djb204
1st Jun 2012, 16:21
Hitman fans have been dreaming of a mutiplayer option in the Hitman series for years, but the question has always been, how would it work?

Maybe if we gather all our mutiplayer ideas here in one spot, we might be able to provide some input from a fans perspective as to how the multiplayer aspect would work.

I have a few ideas.....

(idea one)
This can be played with multiple players. Each player is randomly given a player to assassinate. You have a player to kill, and another player is trying to kill you. The only intel you will be given is who you have to kill, so whoever is trying to kill you is a mystery. You can evade your killer by swapping clothes like hitman does. The objective is to kill your target before your killer kills you. Maybe you will be notified who is trying to kill you after you kill your target, leading to a showdown. Or, you could be given your target's target.

(idea two)
This can be played with two players. One player is the Hitman, the other player is the target. The hitman has to kill the target before he completes certain objectives around the map. If the target completes his objectives he escapes.

These are simple ideas I had, feel free to post yours.

legendofnormality
2nd Jun 2012, 01:22
Well, I don't think they could pull off a multiplayer with a lot of players.
Your first idea is a very good idea but with a lot of players ther ea bound to be some who just open fire with their silverballers into a crowd.

If they were to do multiplayer, I reckon they should just do a two-player co-op.
Make some mission designed so that you need two people to be able to do it properly.

Multiplayer would be hard to pull off in a Hitman game

Nogarda
2nd Jun 2012, 12:27
what to do with ideas of hitman multiplayer (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/Trash_bin.png)

EliteAssassin
2nd Jun 2012, 14:48
"Hitman fans have been dreaming of a mutiplayer option in the Hitman series for years".

Not everyone wants multiplayer and not every games needs it, especially Hitman.

Shadow47
2nd Jun 2012, 15:52
I don't think the Hitman series would fit with multiplayer. The Hitman series was always great as single player and should stay that way.

nonprofitkilla
2nd Jun 2012, 20:53
Personally I feel the series does not need multiplayer but if they have to include it, this is my idea.

One player starts as 47, every other player except one is a guard/cop/whatever and the last player is the target

47 is given the target in the area but he doesn't have a picture, only a description, do 47 would have to find the target himself.

The objectives of the cops/guards is to protect the target and if they fail at that, to kill 47 before he can reach an exit point.

The target would also be armed so if he spots 47, he can defend himself.

How does that sound?

mcescher1
3rd Jun 2012, 00:22
i think we have covered this topic to the point of repeating ourselves and others...

i know i have posted a bunch of ideas on other threads..

but for avoidance of complication, let's keep it simple...

do a james bond 'goldeneye' style multiplayer... take maps from the game... let people choose their characters (obviously from the game... maybe throw in oddjob ;)

you could have teams like 5 v 5 or just do every man for himself

boom there ya go... easy simple awesome

Shadow47
3rd Jun 2012, 09:53
Personally I feel the series does not need multiplayer but if they have to include it, this is my idea.

One player starts as 47, every other player except one is a guard/cop/whatever and the last player is the target

47 is given the target in the area but he doesn't have a picture, only a description, do 47 would have to find the target himself.

The objectives of the cops/guards is to protect the target and if they fail at that, to kill 47 before he can reach an exit point.

The target would also be armed so if he spots 47, he can defend himself.

How does that sound?

I like this idea. It still holds single player within it.

If we had to have multiplayer, I think we should keep the single player concept.

MY IDEA: Have players be by themselves, and as hitmen, be given a target, that target being another player. You need to find and kill that player and you get another target. This idea can keep the single player concept but let you play with multiple people.

Hitmanfan4life
7th Jun 2012, 15:12
yeah i dont think multiplayer would work out for hitman but who knows, metal gear solid 4 released a mutiplayer that was pretty decent for a game focusing almost 100% on singleplayer

tbcdlad
8th Jun 2012, 03:26
Yeah, they've pretty much came out and said that there will not be any multiplayer involved with this game. However, they could be tricking us.

Kellerman
8th Jun 2012, 04:26
I read the FAQ guide that says that "Agent 47 works alone" for the "Will there be Multiplayer?" question. This doesn't necessarily rule out multiplayer, as it's not a "No."

Assassins Creed III will be released before Hitman: Absolution, and chances are it will have it's Multiplayer included after introducing it in Brotherhood and continuing it in Revelations. Whether it's fair or not, these games will be compared continuously after they both release.

If they want this game to be as successful as it can, they should include some form of multiplayer, similar to Assassin's Creed. Assassins Creed was able to implement multiplayer into a singleplayer-heavy game, and it was definitely fun as a change of pace from the singleplayer - Hitman can do it too.

It will be a mistake not to include it, from a "maximum amount of fun" standpoint, and from a fiscal standpoint.

Iltani
8th Jun 2012, 05:35
Even if they don't include multiplayer on Absolution I think the game will still do tremendously well. Both AC and Hitman have had a following (I've been playing both for years now.) and fans of the story and atmosphere of each respective game will still go out and get the next one, regardless of multiplayer functionality.

Look at the Elder Scrolls franchise. They are just now talking about a MMO for the franchise and they have been making single player games for nearly 20 years.

Multiplayer would be an improvement for some, but for storyline/plot junkies like myself, I would hardly even get into the multiplayer aspect.

I should also mention that some games that try to introduce multiplayer can sometimes bomb hardcore. They make the mistake on trying to fine tune the multiplayer experience to the best possible level and leave a lot to desire on the single player side.

That said, I have already pre-ordered both AC 3 and Absolution and I fully intend on cracking out on them, heck I might even take a half a weeks vacation on both release dates. haha

Overdose
8th Jun 2012, 18:17
I sincerely don't care if they will include a multiplayer facility for the game nor if they won't, as long as the single player feature is amazing. From my point of view, they shouldn't include it, as there are plenty of multiplayer games out there.

Kellerman
9th Jun 2012, 00:24
I sincerely don't care if they will include a multiplayer facility for the game nor if they won't, as long as the single player feature is amazing. From my point of view, they shouldn't include it, as there are plenty of multiplayer games out there.

Sure, there are a LOT of multiplayer games out, thats because thats what most people like. I'm getting the game regardless if they include it or not - I'm just saying from a fiscal point and maximizing the entertainment value, a great single player and even just "good" multiplayer is better than just a great single player only game. It will appeal to more people, and those who like the singleplayer only will still get what they are so excited for. This isnt about one person and what they like or don't like, want or don't want, it's about appealing to as broad of audience as possible and maximizing the games potential.

I just think with AC III coming out before H:A and AC III having multiplayer, it's a mistake in the very least fiscally to not include it, since AC III has it. The broad audience (those who aren't hardcore Hitman fans) could compare the two games, notice one has more features (AC III has multiplayer, let's say H:A doesnt) and they decide to buy AC III over H:A.

It's like going to buy a new phone. If you're choosing between phone A and phone B that are the same price, and phone B doesn't have a feature like web browsing or a camera..but phone A does, which phone has an automatic advantage as far as sale numbers go? Granted, phones are a little different and a bad example because people care about cosmetic design and ease of use and such - but I'm sure you get my example.

I'm not trying to start a flame war. I want this game to succeed, and I want it to be better than AC III. People who have played AC know what to expect a little bit with AC III, Hitman has been in hiatus for such a long time - it's got a good opportunity. Keep the old Hitman fans with a great single player, and appeal to the newcomers with a good multiplayer.

Iltani
9th Jun 2012, 05:00
Keep the old Hitman fans with a great single player, and appeal to the newcomers with a good multiplayer.

I liked that.You do know how to sell your side of the debate though, I will give you that.

However, I will maintain a stance on the other side, for no multiplayer.

It doesn't really fit the feel of Hitman to have a multiplayer. I mean 47 does work alone...and to create a new dynamic for 2 sided teams...it just doesn't fit.

For AC there were clear sides...Assassins and Templars. 47 doesn't have a clear enemy in which to attack yet. At the end of Blood Money we had just a hint of who is going after him, but nothing so solid as Assassins and Templars.

I can see a Hitman after Absolution, having a multiplayer, but I don't think we are ready for it yet.

Overdose
9th Jun 2012, 12:54
Sure, there are a LOT of multiplayer games out, thats because thats what most people like. I'm getting the game regardless if they include it or not - I'm just saying from a fiscal point and maximizing the entertainment value, a great single player and even just "good" multiplayer is better than just a great single player only game. It will appeal to more people, and those who like the singleplayer only will still get what they are so excited for. This isnt about one person and what they like or don't like, want or don't want, it's about appealing to as broad of audience as possible and maximizing the games potential.

I just think with AC III coming out before H:A and AC III having multiplayer, it's a mistake in the very least fiscally to not include it, since AC III has it. The broad audience (those who aren't hardcore Hitman fans) could compare the two games, notice one has more features (AC III has multiplayer, let's say H:A doesnt) and they decide to buy AC III over H:A.

It's like going to buy a new phone. If you're choosing between phone A and phone B that are the same price, and phone B doesn't have a feature like web browsing or a camera..but phone A does, which phone has an automatic advantage as far as sale numbers go? Granted, phones are a little different and a bad example because people care about cosmetic design and ease of use and such - but I'm sure you get my example.

I'm not trying to start a flame war. I want this game to succeed, and I want it to be better than AC III. People who have played AC know what to expect a little bit with AC III, Hitman has been in hiatus for such a long time - it's got a good opportunity. Keep the old Hitman fans with a great single player, and appeal to the newcomers with a good multiplayer.

Well, everyone is free and entitled to share their thoughts. Neither do I try to start a flame war and it surely didn't look like you're doing it as well. Like I mentioned above, from my point of view, Hitman is a standalone game, with no multiplayer required.

GreenWolf
9th Jun 2012, 15:09
I see two problems with implementing multi-player in Absolution:

1) It would take away development time from the single-player part of the game, and if the engine can't support it then it would have to be adapted or completely rebuilt, not something you want to do. That said they could still work on it post-launch, but any patch to add it would likely be huge.

2) What would the multi-player be? Assassins Creed multi-player works because you have to get close to your target and score more for silent kills, and there are no AI opponents trying to block your path; in Hitman their are guns so people would want to be able to use them effectively and often you are required to be in places that you should not be in, making it easy to spot who is a player. Also much of the gameplay in Hitman revolves around interacting and avoiding AI opponents which have set rules, it just doesn't translate well to traditional multi-player.

An alternative to traditional multi-player is co-op which has much greater potential with this style, allowing you to create strategies around using decoys etc. To make it like that would require once again multi-player support in the engine and potentially completely rewriting the AI to understand that two players can exist and treat them as separate entities.

So basically unless the engine and AI were built to allow it then it's not likely, and PvP multi-player would not really suit the gameplay of Hitman, though co-op could potentially be done.

4s4sin96
12th Jun 2012, 16:54
47 approve

Shadow47
12th Jun 2012, 18:28
I'm not looking for a multi-player, I just want the amazing single player experience.

4s4sin96
12th Jun 2012, 19:06
Nope sorry... and I think MP will ruin Absolution

4s4sin96
12th Jun 2012, 19:08
I'm not looking for a multi-player, I just want the amazing single player experience.
Whoaw, this is a true gamer...
I don't care so much if Absolution will have MP, I just want a good SP experience

Platinumoxicity
12th Jun 2012, 22:58
The only way multiplayer in a stealth game would work is like this: One player plays 47, the rest are guards. The guards need to be playing 24/7 all the time because that's the guards' job. They never know when an assassin arrives, if at all. 99,9% of all servers would never generate a hitman player spot, to keep it as unlikely as possible for there to ever be an assassination attempt.

Because anything else is not stealth at all. As soon as the game starts, stealth is gone because every single guard player somehow knows that an assassin is in the building, and they would start looking for him, and closely protecting the VIP. In other words, exactly the opposite of what should happen. Imagine if the singleplayer missions were like that too. As soon as the mission starts, alarms are sounded and guards all rush into any place where the hitman player might be hiding, all competing on who gets to kill him. Of course first all the guards rush into the hitman player's starting position trying to cut him off before he even enters the premises.

The only multiplayer that works with stealth is co-op against AI. Otherwise it isn't stealth.

Travis_IO
13th Jun 2012, 09:56
As pointed out above, please read the FAQ thread before posting questions that have already got an answer.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=124605

Sam_kain
13th Jun 2012, 16:52
Or we play as The Saints trying to take down Hitman in style :D
1 Player vs. 7 Players or something (Max Payne 3 much ?!)

Anyway I don't really care about MP, I don't play MP that often, and games with GREAT SP are capable of selling really good ((Hint* Deus Ex Human Revolution *Hint))

4s4sin96
13th Jun 2012, 16:58
Or that XD

4s4sin96
14th Jun 2012, 11:57

4s4sin96
14th Jun 2012, 11:59
And btw, why everyone ask's about MP?
No, HITMAN WON'T HAVE A MULTIPLAYER MODE!!!
47 work's better alone ;):thumb:

4s4sin96
14th Jun 2012, 12:43
Please, no Multiplayer for Absolution

4s4sin96
14th Jun 2012, 15:22
Guys, why do you want so MUCH Absolution to have a MP mode? I think this element will ruin the Single-player experience, and the player won't care too much about the main story, just...playing online!

Kellerman
15th Jun 2012, 04:07
Because some people like multiplayer games as well as single player games. When you have a great single player game, it would be really fun to not only play that, but be able to play it against other people.

4s4sin96
15th Jun 2012, 06:04
Yup, but Absolution don't need MP to be the GAME OF THE YEAR!

Kellerman
15th Jun 2012, 16:09
And french silk pie doesnt need whip cream, but it's so much better with it.

4s4sin96
15th Jun 2012, 17:47
And french silk pie doesnt need whip cream, but it's so much better with it.
Agree with that XD

tbcdlad
19th Jun 2012, 18:36
Yeah. I feel that most devs these days tend to focus more on the multiplayer aspect of gaming once they include that in their game, mostly because a lot of people play online, so their single player experience is given less attention during the development phase and thus, the single player mode is not as good as multiplayer.

I would love a multiplayer mode in Hitman, only if they focused the same amount of attention and detail into multiplayer that they put into singleplayer or vice versa. If not, then I'm not interested.

Soleil
19th Jun 2012, 20:09
In my opinion, Hitman is a pure SP game. Furthermore, i cant imagine how MP gameplay would look like, COOP mode or what? Btw, Agent 47 works alone :p

sgg847
19th Jun 2012, 21:51
In my opinion, Hitman is a pure SP game. Furthermore, i cant imagine how MP gameplay would look like, COOP mode or what? Btw, Agent 47 works alone :p
Prepare calculator in that case. This game will teach you to multiply.

TexanShooter
19th Jun 2012, 23:04
I just hope the campaign is long, pretty long. For instance the one thing I hated about LA Noire is that when you finished the story you either started all over or only play the last mission I believe. No multiplayer and I think it didn't have a mission select either. Just as long as HA has the ability to select a mission like in blood money then it will be fine.

mcescher1
20th Jun 2012, 00:00
my dsl connection wouldn't be able to hang with cable connections for a multiplayer anyway... i would have to upgrade just to be able to compete with all the 9th graders playing online :/

Rekalty
20th Jun 2012, 14:07
I was going to say, "But there is only ONE 47!"
Then I recall the origin of 47... Clones.

That said, Hitman series never needed Multiplayer to be awesome, still doesnt.

romcombo
20th Jun 2012, 18:49
I just hope the campaign is long, pretty long. For instance the one thing I hated about LA Noire is that when you finished the story you either started all over or only play the last mission I believe. No multiplayer and I think it didn't have a mission select either. Just as long as HA has the ability to select a mission like in blood money then it will be fine.

LA: Noire had a mission select, though I never decided to play in again.

Sevket
20th Jun 2012, 18:55
I don't care for MP at all so no worries there for me

TexanShooter
21st Jun 2012, 03:07
LA: Noire had a mission select, though I never decided to play in again.

Didn't know that. lol Still would of been great to free roam after completing the game.

Sly Cooper
21st Jun 2012, 08:06
I think it would be a neat aspect to the game.

Mockers
26th Jun 2012, 03:42
Yes, I know it is not confirmed and sounds like more then likley it will not be in the Hitman series. I also realize that alot of people would rather them focus on the single player anyway to restart the franchise. I am all for that and love single player. In this time in age though community and social multiplayer is awesome. When you beat the game or just tired of it you do not have to switch games just switch to multiplayer with endless fun and it makes the game from hitting the shelf.

I heard comments like well how would we do it "only weapons or what" Take a look at Assassins Creed Multiplayer. They totaly took a diffrent twist from single player. Although the issue with Hitman is that there is gun's and etc but that does not mean anything.

Take a few keys from Assassin Creed multiplayer and add the hitman salt n pepper recipe and you got a stealthy multiplayer.

Reward players for being stealthy, you do not even have to make them look the same like Assassin creed. They could do a diffrent system with costumes and clues and stealth. I do not know how it should be or how they would do it but do not make it a shooter. Make it about stealth and Assassinating targets. You can have guns and snipers but with the key thing of not knowing who your target is and punishing players for killing wrong targets and being to aggressive. Gun's will be more of a useless and less points because of the attention put on you.

Thing's to take from AC MP

Go by a point system as in reward stealth and punish aggressive play.

Some type of stealth system where knowing who your target is takes skill and abilities and acting and blending in with the world around you.

I hope to see multiplayer in future titles or this one for Hitman.

Sotsiak91
26th Jun 2012, 09:13
I hope they will not make a multiplayer for hitman. They should use all the available time they have to polish the single player version, and not use time and budget for something that might fail.

Mockers
26th Jun 2012, 10:11
I hope they will not make a multiplayer for hitman. They should use all the available time they have to polish the single player version, and not use time and budget for something that might fail.

First off, it's not a time thing to much, they usally hire some more employees for multiplayer to be worked on. Hitman has got a 8+ review it's whole game life. Obviously there looking to raise the bar this time around with a 9+ review average. I think single player should be polished but I think there is nothing wrong with adding multiplayer to game to keep players competive and play there fav game against and with friends.

They have a good storyline for MP since there are other agents. Even if they do not include it in this game or in DLC's. If this game becomes a 9+ review game and dubbed as the best in the franchise I really want Multiplayer in the next Hitman.

Everyone is doing it, and yaknow what for the majority it's worked. You can say MP kills games but that is a filthy lie for most games. even GOD OF WAR, one of the most likley games I would have never guessed to have MP will have it and looking by the videos IT LOOKS AMAZING AND DIFFRENT THEN MOST MULTIPLAYERS.

Hitman should not be a shooter, they need to think outside the box like alot of games have been doing.

I just want Hitman Multiplayer in this game or the next. Either way I am pleased with whichever one get's it. I will be buying Hitman regardless but it's always fun to have multiplayer as an opition.

And pleaase, "Something that might fail" take the freakin risk my god, we need change and risk taken to evolve games. This ain't the 2000's no more were in the teen's and we should be growing out of the same ol same ol. *I am not saying this Hitman is the same ol same ol either.*

But playing with other players or against them is the future. It was even partially predicted in this article that future gaming you will always be somehow connected to players. They said whether it's co-op, multiplayer, mmorpg or deamon souls type thing or having a chat box while you play.

Community, Social gaming is on the arise, with all these MMO console games coming out and even Bungie creating 4 new titles that will be open world aka mmofpsrpg. I think soon games will make it where you can take on any single player with another player "If you want" or if your having diffculty on a stage be able to request help and players will connect in and when you beat just one part you can choose to kick em right away.

I understand you want single player polished, so do I but don't be so close minded on multiplayer aspects.

Sotsiak91
26th Jun 2012, 11:05
Fair enough, I understand where you come from. I even caught myself wanting multiplayer for deus ex 3 at a time. As I said I would prefer the budget to go for a more polished game. On the other hand though if the game gets good sales they could add a multiplayer option with a dlc for example or even a patch(yeah keep dreaming:rasp:). Time will show. Sorry for being a bit negative here, it's that I prefer a game for its single player storyline and stuff. There are other games that are devoted at multiplayer and they do it much better. Still I get your points.

Mockers
26th Jun 2012, 11:31
Fair enough, I understand where you come from. I even caught myself wanting multiplayer for deus ex 3 at a time. As I said I would prefer the budget to go for a more polished game. On the other hand though if the game gets good sales they could add a multiplayer option with a dlc for example or even a patch(yeah keep dreaming:rasp:). Time will show. Sorry for being a bit negative here, it's that I prefer a game for its single player storyline and stuff. There are other games that are devoted at multiplayer and they do it much better. Still I get your points.

I get your points as well, I defiantly understand wanting Hitman to succeed in single player first with this new system and gameplayish. Sorry if I came off harsh to.

Obviously Hitman ABSO will not have multiplayer but if the game does well I do hope for a DLC or free dlc/patch *Like you said doubt it* but if it does well I defiantly want multiplayer in the next game, it has major potential for Multiplayer.

Anyway let's enjoy the Single player for now and hope for MP in the future. I honestly can't wait to get my hands on this game regardless. After watching the E3 demo I was shocked. Perhaps we will see eachother somehow in Hitman whether it will be co-op r multiplayer one day.

On2wheels
10th Jul 2012, 01:48

This +1.
Just look at Rage, (and so many others). Please Eidos, do not make it multiplayer, focus on the best SP possible.

Nogarda
10th Jul 2012, 09:13
there is no multiplayer.

Kellerman
10th Jul 2012, 21:33
there is no multiplayer.

Can you show me where the question was asked if "there will be multiplayer in Hitman: Absolution?" and the answer was "No"?

The question is here on the forum, but the answer is "Agent 47 works alone." I'm guessing there is a reason they didn't say flat out no to that but wouldn't say yes yet either (for the sake of not revealing everything at once).

If you can show me that "no multiplayer" from a credible source though, I'll take it.

EliteAssassin
11th Jul 2012, 15:03
Can you show me where the question was asked if "there will be multiplayer in Hitman: Absolution?" and the answer was "No"?

The question is here on the forum, but the answer is "Agent 47 works alone." I'm guessing there is a reason they didn't say flat out no to that but wouldn't say yes yet either (for the sake of not revealing everything at once).

If you can show me that "no multiplayer" from a credible source though, I'll take it.

The devs have stated multiple times in interviews that there will be no multiplayer.

Kellerman
11th Jul 2012, 15:14
The devs have stated multiple times in interviews that there will be no multiplayer.

Okay. Can you show me one of those interviews? Youtube? A link from this website? A different website?

I'd like the confirmation, because I have not found a thing. You telling me that they said it is not confirmation.

And please don't like the response after the 'Attack of the Saints' trailer. That is not sufficient enough to say there is no multiplayer, as it's fair to assume they were strictly talking about the release of trailer and what it was about.

If you can find me a straight up "no" to the question of "is there multiplayer in H:A?", I'd love to see it.

EliteAssassin
11th Jul 2012, 16:35
I don't know how much proof you need for you to accept it. They have also said on their Twitter page that there is no multiplayer.

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/207742823724883968

From 5:50 they talk about MP. Agent 47 works alone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRm4qLSC6bQ&feature=related

From 6:15 they talk about MP. MP is not a good fit for Hitman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOAnyUuBFJQ

Kellerman
11th Jul 2012, 17:46
The proof I need is a flat out No. None of those links you provided give that.

The first link you gave is exactly what I said is not sufficient in saying there is no multiplayer in Hitman:Absolution. That twitter post was in regards to the then-upcoming 'Attack of the Saints' trailer and it reiterates "that is a NO to multiplayer" in reference to what the post is about.

The 2nd post, saying "Agent 47 works alone" is also found on these forums. How is this a "there is no multiplayer"? Yes, he does work alone. That has nothign to do with if we get to work by ourselves (aka: alone) against other real people. Not all multiplayer modes are team based.

The 3rd one is as close to proof as you provided, but I'll still dismiss it. He simply says that the classic multiplayer of todays games would not work in Hitman. This is true and it's nothing different than anyone else has said. The Hitman multiplayer would be unique to itself, not Call of Duty or Battlefield or something.

You dont think it's a little odd they wont simply say "We do not have plans for multiplayer in Hitman:Absolution" or "there will not be a multiplayer feature available in Hitman:Absolution" when asked if there is going to be? They dance around it with answers that will leave you guessing.

Your proof isnt proof. The 1st one is about the trailer. The 2nd one does not denounce multiplayer, it just says what we all know: Agent 47 works alone. The 3rd one simply states what we all already know as well - we wont be having hitmen vs bad guys team deathmatch run'n'gun multiplayer because that isn't the games style.

Funny how in the 3rd videohe had no problem saying "No" to the kinect feature, though. A simple no is all we need.

I'm not sure if there is a multiplayer. I just find it curious that they dance around it every time with open ended answers. They either do that to not turn off those who want multiplayer so they get their preorders in while they stall - or to have a sort of "surprise, theres multiplayer" thing. You're lying to yourself if you say you know for a fact there is no multiplayer. Nobody has confirmed that like they did with the kinect feature in the 3rd video.

sgg847
11th Jul 2012, 18:01
They always tell us only about an online component. So, how is it possible to kill 2 rabbits - to force the players to play in your game and collect the information about your audience? Create competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOAnyUuBFJQ
http://i056.radikal.ru/1207/7c/241d65ed1291.png
:lol:

EliteAssassin
11th Jul 2012, 18:50
@ kellerman. My mistake. You could be right. They did beat around the bush about having MP and not giving a direct response to the question. Those video interviews seemed to almost suggest that there is no MP by the way the talked about it. There could be some sort of online component. Personally, I wouldn't mind a MP mode as long as there is a good single player experience.

I also remembered an article that had an interview with Hakan Abrak stating “I want to say we do have something very, very interesting coming up in Hitman: Absolution on the online side". He could also be talking about the Sniper challenge.

They also said that there could be a mode that might not necessarily star Agent 47 but will definitely sit inside the game universe.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Hitman-Absolution-Will-Have-Special-Multiplayer-Experience-225733.shtml

Kellerman
11th Jul 2012, 19:24
@ kellerman. My mistake. You could be right. They did beat around the bush about having MP and not giving a direct response to the question. There could be some sort of online component.

I also remembered an article that had an interview with Hakan Abrak stating “I want to say we do have something very, very interesting coming up in Hitman: Absolution on the online side". He could also be talking about the Sniper challenge.

They also said that there could be a mode that might not necessarily star Agent 47 but will definitely sit inside the game universe.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Hitman-Absolution-Will-Have-Special-Multiplayer-Experience-225733.shtml

I'm very excited to see the details of this game in the coming months - and to play it in November (it releases on my birthday - woohoo!)

I have no idea if there is a multiplayer or not. I don't mean to be sounding like I know there is. I just dont feel a straight confirmation has been given one way or the other - and I dont feel that was done on accident. Regardless if its included, this is my most anticipated game of 2012.

Can't freaking wait!!!

Nogarda
12th Jul 2012, 00:48
Online component read: leaderboards.

Kellerman
12th Jul 2012, 02:04
Nogarda, can you show me a link that proves there will be no multiplayer? A link that doesnt include them talking in reference to the trailer, or how Agent 47 works alone, or how a classic multiplayer would not work in Hitman:Absolution?

I would like to see it because I'm not certain one way or the other if there is or not.

Kellerman
13th Aug 2012, 03:30
Title says it all. Why?

I know the majority of people reading this will say there has been. It says in the sticky post "Agent 47 works alone." That doesn't mean there is not multiplayer. It means exactly what it says: Agent 47 works alone.

Some will bring up the post when the 'Saints' trailer was about to be revealed with the quote of "Thats a NO to multiplayer." I would like to contest they are talking specifically about what the trailer was going to be about.

Why can't we just get a very simple answer to a very simple question from a credible source? Why leave it so open ended? A yes or no is all thats necessary. Is Hitman:Absolution going to include multiplayer?

There hasnt been confirmation for a yes or a no...

RaulO4
13th Aug 2012, 03:58
a HM MP is not easy to do,
if OI try it out one day it needs to be a stand alone thing so they can focus on it...

its need to be Co Op/ vs

Vs mode would be hard to do,
the Scoring system needs to be base on SA
and somehow balance the game that the player cant just run up to the target and shoot him....

the target needs to have a system where it places him Randomly in the map with random paths each time
and so on

the AI system needs to become Way more Advance and there must Really upgrade the Crowd system

you cant have the player just killing each other cause they can clearly see whos a player...

so there needs to be a Character creation system in place...
in the end there so much work that needs to be done that they cant do it for this gen or This game

so the answer is a no,

10 mins later nick gets on here and says there co op

The day that hitman fans sheds a Tear

Sotsiak91
13th Aug 2012, 04:26
Hopefully, no multiplayer

robotx17
13th Aug 2012, 04:27
if there is a hitman multiplayer, it will ends up same with assassin creed multiplayer.
the different only hitman can use modern weapon.

Kellerman
13th Aug 2012, 05:32
a HM MP is not easy to do,
if OI try it out one day it needs to be a stand alone thing so they can focus on it...

its need to be Co Op/ vs

Vs mode would be hard to do,
the Scoring system needs to be base on SA
and somehow balance the game that the player cant just run up to the target and shoot him....

the target needs to have a system where it places him Randomly in the map with random paths each time
and so on

the AI system needs to become Way more Advance and there must Really upgrade the Crowd system

you cant have the player just killing each other cause they can clearly see whos a player...

so there needs to be a Character creation system in place...
in the end there so much work that needs to be done that they cant do it for this gen or This game

so the answer is a no,

10 mins later nick gets on here and says there co op

The day that hitman fans sheds a Tear

You're stating your opinion as if its fact. I just don't see why they don't come out and tell us there is no multiplayer - if there isn't a multiplayer. (Or vice versa if there is). None of this open-ended-leave-you-wondering stuff. It's annoying.

RaulO4
13th Aug 2012, 07:04
..no i never said its a Fact, but it is hard to make a mp of of hm style of gameplay

also OI did say they are focusing on SP right?
(i think that what i RMB)

anyways i would like a MP if the team really focus on it

Overdose
13th Aug 2012, 07:08
Actually, if one of the devs said that Hitman works alone, it's kind of clear if there will be a multiplayer or not.

sgg847
13th Aug 2012, 07:20
What multiplayer are you talking about? "The best" they have done is a scoring system which actually will only irritate majority of people. All people are very selfish and knowing that they can't do something better than other will force them to **** this system off.

Bateson IS 47
13th Aug 2012, 09:39
I don't want to see a multiplayer personally as I'd rather them dedicate their efforts fully into the main part of the game.

I guess a separate short coop campaign of 2-4 assassins with different abilities and possible disguises/ covers could be good, but still, I don't want it to detract from the main experience.

And as for confirmation, don't you think it's a little bit too much wishful thinking to assume that "47 works alone" translates as "47 works alone, however you will be able to play with other characters in a multiplayer"?

And even so, you think they wouldn't have revealed this already? we're only a few months away and we've not heard a snippet.

Driber
13th Aug 2012, 10:09
There were a lot of threads about multiplayer. They are now all merged together into an official multiplayer discussion thread.

The official statement from IO at this point is that there will be no multiplayer. See the FAQ thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=124605).

Use this thread to discuss multiplayer ideas, why you think H:A should or shouldn't have multiplayer, etc.

robotx17
13th Aug 2012, 12:21
my dream/idea's for multiplayer:

- Hunter become Hunted mode (deathmatch, +/- 8 players with respawn everytime u been killed, or 1 vs 1 player = sniper mode, with timelimit)
area = must be full big two hotel skyline building with very detailed area, u can move around, u can only access 1/4 or half floor of total floors via lift/escalator, with full NPC inside include local security/cops. each player start with random spawn point.

some players are in same building other players are in other building, to kill player on other side, u must kill with sniper rifle. So the final will be 1 vs 1 with sniper rifle? but There is a timelimit.

so common objective is:
- kill target in yours area (same building).
- kill target with sniper rifle in other side.

but ah **** it , idk if it will works, anyway im fully support if it will be a multiplayer idea's on hitman.

On2wheels
13th Aug 2012, 20:17
The guys that built Just Cause 2 said it best, and I quote:

"The big thing now is to force multiplayer into games that are really single-player games just to combat second hand sales and that makes absolutely no sense as it just consumes budget and does not add any value except on the back of the box."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-26-just-cause-2-still-going-strong-as-dev-questions-value-of-crap-dlc-and-forced-multiplayer

RaulO4
13th Aug 2012, 21:58

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-26-just-cause-2-still-going-strong-as-dev-questions-value-of-crap-dlc-and-forced-multiplayer

...that is what I'm saying If OI ever wants to do a HM mp i rather they focus on 100% and be MP only

LittleDan
14th Aug 2012, 13:07
Just posted by CVG on twitter http://www.computerandvideogames.com/362885/hitman-absolution-asynchronous-multiplayer-mode-revealed/

I am intrested to see how well this could work

Bateson IS 47
14th Aug 2012, 13:24
I just googled hitman absolution news and it came up with some sort of multiplayer mode that's just been announced called "Contracts".

Don't worry, we won't be running and gunning through levels in a PvP scenario. Instead it seems that if you go into the mode from the menu, pick an NPC (up to 3) to assassinate, kill them, leave and then upload the "Contract" then everyone who wants to can attempt to assassinate the same NPC that you did with the same set of criteria and parameters as when you did it. e.g. using a fiber wire, doing it silently, getting a headshot with a sniper rifle, exit the level in a certain way etc. Then you can have leaderboards for who did it the quickest, with less penalties etc. Also, it looks like there's some sort of currency system where you can get the ability to start scenarios wearing certain outfits that may help you, or with different weapons.

I personally love the idea. I always replayed previous levels with some certain additional objective in my head. (Kill that damned clown was a recurring one) and it adds the next gen need for multiplayer that every game seems to be going for these days without detracting from the original gameplay. Plus IO has said that there will be weekly contracts. If implemented well then brilliant.

Thoughts?

Bateson IS 47
14th Aug 2012, 13:28
Damn it. Ninja'd. I just made basically the same thread.

There's more info here http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/14/3241622/hitman-absolution-will-include-multiplayer-contracts

I like the sound of it. I'm trying to be nitpicky but I personally can't think of much wrong with the idea.

LittleDan
14th Aug 2012, 13:56
there will be a video released tomorrow on the new contracts mode

robotx17
14th Aug 2012, 15:43
OMG finally new aweasome mode at least ... this will be the greatest series of hitman

Overdose
15th Aug 2012, 14:43
Multiplayer shouldn't be added to Hitman: Absolution. Why? Because it's that type of game which works excellent as single player.

The Algerian
6th Sep 2012, 08:14
Hello people.

So I don't know if this idea have been suggested here, but I know I'm not the only one who thought of that since i've seen the same idea on another forum.

How about a real multiplayer that would be working like this:
Let's say, 12 players.
1 player who plays the assassin but with an NPC skin, so the other players can't know for sure who he is unless he acts suspicious (yeah and of course add a good number of real NPC's)
1 player who plays the target.
And the 10 other players who play the bodyguards.
EDIT: The assassin should have a silenced pistol, be allowed to kill a guard with it when given the opporunity, and disguise as him, I mean not only the clothes, completely change the skin.

We also could twist this and add a few players to play cops, who won't be on the same team than the bodyguards and have to shoot them if they suspect they killed a civilian. (And add voice chat, but make it so only bodyguards can hear bodyguards and cops hear cops).

What do you guys think?
Aside from "duuuh, why do you need a multiplayer, don't ruin it", yes I know, I know, you don't want multiplayer so nobody else should be getting one. And on a side note, I bought every Hitman games since the very first one.

Platinumoxicity
6th Sep 2012, 08:33
The bodyguards should also get penalties for "acting suspicious". If they would just cover all the entrances, zealously cover the mark, and run around trying to look for any NPC that is not strictly following a scripted routine or is out of place, they should get penalties. In fact, I think they should have certain patrol routes assigned for them, and they would need to use those routes while no alarm has been sounded yet. If they deviate (for no reason obviously, since there's no reason for bodyguards to think that there is definitely an assassin inbound right now) from the assigned path too much, the player would lose the round and AI would take over that guard. You need to immerse yourself. You need to act like a regular AI NPC guard, pretending that you don't know that 47 is on his way. How do you enforce that kind of volunteer role-playing?

The most effective way would also be the most boring way for the bodyguard players, and probably the easiest way for the assassin player. The guards would be AI NPCs all the way to the point when alarm is sounded. Only after it has been confirmed that an assassin is in the building, will the human players be allowed to start search&destroy. Before that moment there's no reason for them to be running around searching for an intruder that they can't possibly have any idea is even in there. And all matches would end up with a good assassin player winning against the players whose hands are tied because the assassin player never makes mistakes.

Or how about: No player vs player multiplayer in a stealth game? It's just not practical. Stealth flies out of the window before it has even gotten in. The minute the game starts, the good guys know without any doubt that a bad guy is coming, right that instant. That's like playing singleplayer, but with alarms sounding on every level right at the start. The only way player vs player multiplayer in a stealth game can work properly is in the future when there are neural implants that can actually convince the guard-players that they are simply doing their boring job guarding someone, and they genuinely have no idea that an assassin is near because the implants are preventing them from realizing that they are playing a competitive multiplayer match. They know their boss is a VIP whose life is always in danger and that's why they have been hired as guards, but they don't know whether someone is trying to kill him today, next week or next year. They should have no idea that it in fact is today, right now. Without that, I wouldn't call it stealth at all.

The Algerian
6th Sep 2012, 08:56
The bodyguards should also get penalties for "acting suspicious". If they would just cover all the entrances, zealously cover the mark, and run around trying to look for any NPC that is not strictly following a scripted routine or is out of place, they should get penalties. In fact, I think they should have certain patrol routes assigned for them, and they would need to use those routes while no alarm has been sounded yet. If they deviate (for no reason obviously, since there's no reason for bodyguards to think that there is definitely an assassin inbound right now) from the assigned path too much, the player would lose the round and AI would take over that guard. You need to immerse yourself. You need to act like a regular AI NPC guard, pretending that you don't know that 47 is on his way. How do you enforce that kind of volunteer role-playing?

Even though you make a solid point, it would prevent an important aspect I forgot to mention in my first post. Which is that the assassin should have a silenced pistol, be allowed to kill a guard with it (which the perfect occasion would be one wandering in places he shouldn't), and disguise as him, I mean not only the clothes, completely change the skin.

The most effective way would also be the most boring way for the bodyguard players, and probably the easiest way for the assassin player. The guards would be AI NPCs all the way to the point when alarm is sounded. Only after it has been confirmed that an assassin is in the building, will the human players be allowed to start search&destroy. Before that moment there's no reason for them to be running around searching for an intruder that they can't possibly have any idea is even in there. And all matches would end up with a good assassin player winning against the players whose hands are tied because the assassin player never makes mistakes.

Or how about: No player vs player multiplayer in a stealth game? It's just not practical. Stealth flies out of the window before it has even gotten in. The minute the game starts, the good guys know without any doubt that a bad guy is coming, right that instant. That's like playing singleplayer, but with alarms sounding on every level right at the start. The only way player vs player multiplayer in a stealth game can work properly is in the future when there are neural implants that can actually convince the guard-players that they are simply doing their boring job guarding someone, and they genuinely have no idea that an assassin is near because the implants are preventing them from realizing that they are playing a competitive multiplayer match. They know their boss is a VIP whose life is always in danger and that's why they have been hired as guards, but they don't know whether someone is trying to kill him today, next week or next year. They should have no idea that it in fact is today, right now. Without that, I wouldn't call it stealth at all.

Also valid point, but still more is better than less (or in this case nothing).
And I think we already had contracts in the past hitman games in which the target either knew an assassin would be coming or was just very paranoïd.

I'm not suggesting this mutiplayer just for the sake of multiplayer.
I'm suggesting this because even though we might spend a good amount of time on the Solo, executing contracts in all possible ways we can imagine. We all know it was 2 years between each Hitman we had. And it didn't took me very long to be able to execute the Opera contracts in blood money in less than 3 minutes in Silent Assassin rating.

We all love this franchise, might as well make the game last and keep it interesting.

GTRrocker
6th Sep 2012, 10:18
I like contracts mode better. I like designing hits like the developers do in the game.

JaqTaar
6th Sep 2012, 11:19
Probably the only way to add multiplayer that fits the Hitman universe and gameplay.

(And add voice chat, but make it so only bodyguards can hear bodyguards and cops hear cops).
If the players were able to communicate nonstop, they'd probably instantly know when and where the enemy struck. So it might be interessting to allow communication only at certain intervals. So when a guard does not report back when he was due to, the other players can only tell approximately when and where the assassin took out that guard.

The minute the game starts, the good guys know without any doubt that a bad guy is coming, right that instant. That's like playing singleplayer, but with alarms sounding on every level right at the start.
I don't see that as that big a hindrance. It'd just be a matter of making the maps complex enough and perhaps allow the assassin a greater freedom of movement than the bodyguards, so that the latter cannot cover all the angles all the time.

ALPHATT
6th Sep 2012, 11:48
There would need to be great penalites for killing NPCs or otherwise the bodygaurds would just kill all npcs to find the assassin. Btw I really contracts mode tbh, it works amazingly with how the game is originally. It's also a muhc more safer bet, I mean basically what we're looking at is the ship hitmanified
that's pretty hard to pul off.

Platinumoxicity
6th Sep 2012, 13:42
I don't see that as that big a hindrance. It'd just be a matter of making the maps complex enough and perhaps allow the assassin a greater freedom of movement than the bodyguards, so that the latter cannot cover all the angles all the time.

Meh... "hide and seek" is not real stealth. Simply "hide" is. I say that if the enemy knows you're coming, the mission has already failed.

And I still can't really imagine how the assassin could manage to 'assassinate' the target. The bodyguards will obviously stand guard around the boss. There's no way the assassin player could manage a hit without being detected. And yes, without being detected. That's assassination. Anything else is just murder. That's why Assassin's Creed is such a misleading title, when you think about what those games are really about. So, how would you prevent the bodyguards from keeping a constant eye on the target? Would he fire a guard who is being overprotective and violating his privacy? But wait, since the guards are players and therefore immediately aware of an incoming assassin, that means that alarms are already up. The target should be safely tucked away in a panic room or sitting at his desk with 4 guards around him, one at the conveniently man-sized airduct, and 3 at the door. An "assassination" is out of the question. A better strategy would be to simply demolish the building from under his ass.

JaqTaar
6th Sep 2012, 14:53
If the target has bodyguards, then it's already aware of at least a potential threat. And it'd be easy to make a background story about an imminent threat, as mentioned before. An assassination attempt before a crucial vote or election for example.

So, how would you prevent the bodyguards from keeping a constant eye on the target?

One possibility would be to circumvent the problem and have the actual bodyguards controlled by the AI, acting as in previous Hitman games and the Sniper Challenge (staying near the target, but also leaving it alone sometimes), while the other players control a seperate faction (be it a lower level of security guards or cops), patrolling a wider area, but not allowed to move into the immediate vicinity of the target.

I understand and share your concerns and would certainly hate to see a poorly made multiplayer mode. But I do think it could be done. But then again, I'm a little biased because I really like the concept of multiplayer modes in which the teams have different goals and gameplay.

Yeti1
6th Sep 2012, 21:33
I'd like to see the UK sailed to a hotter part of the world.

mcescher1
6th Sep 2012, 22:23
one major thing that worries me with a hitman multiplayer... is CAMPING

there must be a way to reward aggressive style of play for multiplayer - or punish campers - or else matches will take a very long time because everyone will be hiding in dark corners

thats why i think it should be an army of 47's vs. police/villains

give them different attributes - such as levels of health / weapons / speed / mobility

i know what IO is thinking... 'it doesnt make sense to have an army of 47's"

it doesn't have to make sense... its a multiplayer - a side game - to develop skills and new tactics for entertainment.

if they dont want to use 47 clones - cool - make it cops vs. villains - take away some of the stealth attributes (make everyone noticeable on radar or take away crouching or something that only 47 is capable of) and let everyone shoot each other till' our little hearts desire -

it doesn't need to fit the story - as long as it's enjoyable and add's another element to the overall game :D

petersjov
7th Sep 2012, 10:00
Hi,
What do you think about contract mode, specific - that we can, or it seems that we can mark targets in one order, and the execute them in a different order ?

Or have I misunderstood something ?

On2wheels
8th Sep 2012, 02:51

Not only Just Cause 2 devs, but others now:
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/29/spec-ops-the-line-dev-brands-games-multiplayer-a-waste-of-mon/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/29/spec-ops-lead-hits-out-at-tacked-on-multiplayer/

Please Eidos, if you're reading this thread, do not 'tack-on' any kind of multiplayer mode. Please focus on the best single player mode possible, your fans will be happier! Look at Rage, no one even plays either single or multiplayer in that. Let the other developers tinker with multiplayer in games that were single player to begin with, Assassins Creed I'm looking in your direction.

Travis_IO
10th Sep 2012, 08:04
Hi,
What do you think about contract mode, specific - that we can, or it seems that we can mark targets in one order, and the execute them in a different order ?

Or have I misunderstood something ?

One available condition that the contract creator can set is "Targets eliminated in order". If that is enabled by the creator, anyone playing the contract will only earn the full available payoff if the do. If not, then you can do it in any order.

1killerkris
14th Oct 2012, 14:23
Hi its my first time posting to this forum and i just had an idea.
I know that the Contracts mode is the Hitman Multiplayer But i thought that the creators of hitman could relase a 1 v 1 multiplayer kind of dlc where two people start at two different ends of a map each one with a random skin so they dont fight about whos going to be agent 47 and they need to kill a target. Now this would uasaly muck things up if one player gets caught killing or knocking out somebody but it should actualy take all the attention on that player so the other player that didnt mess up has it easier. As as far as the Guards are concerned he didnt do any thing wrong. So yeah this is basicly my idea please tell me what you think and if you dont understand something just write it and i will try to reply :D

Molkifier
14th Oct 2012, 14:55
Sounds a little too much like Assassin's Creed's multiplayer. Not to mention that Hitman doesn't need multiplayer. Stealth does not work well when multiple people are involved. Contracts is a perfect addition for the frannchise. It adds a social and competitive aspect, but doesn't take away the core mechanics for some crappy, tacked on multiplayer.

1killerkris
14th Oct 2012, 15:00
Yeah but nobody needs to play this if they dont want to and the players wouldnt know what there oponent look like and they cant kill the oponent and as i said before if one messes up the other one has it easier.

Molkifier
14th Oct 2012, 15:31
1. "nobody needs to play this"
This is a major issues with gamers today. You can't simply demand multiplayer for every game and justify it by saying I don't have to play it. Multiplayer takes precious time and resources away from the developers that could be spent on making an even better single player. Contracts, again, works better because to a dev all that was done was adding a target system and online scoreboard.
2. Everything you said after was a word-for-word description of Assassin's Creed's multiplayer.

1killerkris
14th Oct 2012, 20:36
I was never demanding i just had an idea