PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Additional Features

Falkenwut
10th Jun 2011, 03:38
hey guys,
I know this is very early, but here's something interesting which we can all shoot for...

What additional features to the game would you all want to see with the game?

Feel free to comment in your thoughts!

auric
10th Jun 2011, 04:33
Skins: Other famous bald characters :D

Kratos
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgpf2UP43B0dmoVr-Al3YZN10YkR-bFl_xPZcuhNNGv0tnTA1Kjg

Kane
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0QEMn2_zbSm-UDnKYAzI1g9ZHYaHTJnHX2VAXJz0vWvKD5bxJ

Sam Fisher (shaved)
http://i.computer-bild.de/imgs/91580354_4acfdf5525.jpg

iHitman
10th Jun 2011, 05:42
I wan't to see Hitman: Codename 47 with the collectors edition.

Acid_Burn
10th Jun 2011, 07:44
More concept arts, behind the scene features, and some DLC missions later.

auric
10th Jun 2011, 08:47

I was wondering if we can make our own missions or send designs to someone to make them. :D

Acid_Burn
10th Jun 2011, 08:58
It could be a great idea for a competition.

auric
10th Jun 2011, 09:05
It could be a great idea for a competition.

Ya, it'll be great fun.

kill 10 targets with only strangling methods.
:D

make a maze, anything.
ur own house. :o

u hire a hitman to protect ur house from a warrent arrest. :D

Nogarda
10th Jun 2011, 11:21
I think having skins (eidos/square enix licensed only characters) would be cool, but only unlocked after you complete the game, and you unlock skins by completing certain difficulties, and the difficulties don't stack, meaning more replayability. but if you have skins, you have to have kane and lynch, the requiem white hitman suit, adam jenson, lara croft maybe? and diana, to just name a few.

If this was included or even a model selector where you could play as any character modeled in the game as a skin that would be allsorts of awesome. There would be more replayability in hitman than ever before.

auric
10th Jun 2011, 11:58
I think having skins (eidos/square enix licensed only characters) would be cool, but only unlocked after you complete the game, and you unlock skins by completing certain difficulties, and the difficulties don't stack, meaning more replayability. but if you have skins, you have to have kane and lynch, the requiem white hitman suit, adam jenson, lara croft maybe? and diana, to just name a few.

If this was included or even a model selector where you could play as any character modeled in the game as a skin that would be allsorts of awesome. There would be more replayability in hitman than ever before.

Add each authentic voice to those skins. :)

So if ur actually got Diana, she'll be talking to herself. ;)
not to mentioned, will be weird hearing 47's voice in someone else's skin.

Falkenwut
10th Jun 2011, 20:56
WEll there has been this rumour of Eidos re-booting the Legacy of Kain series. Lara croft is soon to make her debut too.. Let's not forgot the upcoming Jensen from Deus Ex... So there are a few guys who can kick in.

Also that reminds me, I remember Hitman 3 having the Tube, a 1hit 1kill toy for easter egg's sakes. It was also in Legacy of Kain Defiance. Would LOVE to see some easter eggs flip in!! That's what makes IOI kick ass xD

AndrewS
10th Jun 2011, 21:51
Hello,
Things i would really like to see in the game would be:
1) Lock picking minigames.
2) More dramatic cutscenes
3) The ability to upgrade the majority of weapons if not all of them
4) More difficulty levels.
5) The ability to interract with every npc in different manners, influencing the way you complete your objective.
6) More easter eggs, more secrets,other game references, which after being discovered would unlock new skins/weapons/Secondary obectives(or anyting like that)

KingNL
10th Jun 2011, 23:13
The old hitman games bundled with the new one would be great since newcomers can learn by playing that first (and stops IO from dumbing the game down to please the casuals)

Falkenwut
11th Jun 2011, 01:15
^ I doubt that newcomers will really care that much about the older games. IO mentioned they're giving a different experience. This also happened with Kane and Lynch. The first one was more like a group experience, the second one was a duo experience. It won't feel the same I'm sure... BUT I'm dead sure that the experience will be awesome non-the-less

CrazyRuzlan
31st Jul 2011, 14:45
Hello, I really like Hitman games and I think the games are very unique and brilliant compared to other stealthy, strategy and shooting games there is.
So because I'm a bit of a fan I think it would be so awesome if the people that work at 'hitman' release a collectors pack with all 5 games, that would be so cool and I would be really happy to buy it and I'm sure there are many other people out there willing to buy a collectors box with all 5 games. Because I'd really like to play Hitman 1, 2 and contracts on my xbox360 but they are not available for that console :(
Thanks,
Ruslan

SpaHi
12th Aug 2011, 22:01
I would like to see the missions of Hitman BM as downloadable content for the new game and also in general the develeopers could make more downloadable add on content.

By the way point 5 of AndrewS post is great

auric
12th Aug 2011, 23:07
I would like to see the missions of Hitman BM as downloadable content for the new game and also in general the develeopers could make more downloadable add on content.

It's always nice to try old games in latest graphics & features. :)

romcombo
14th Aug 2011, 01:25
In one mission have some computer/arcade game that you can play that is like a 2D Hitman lol :D

BeardedHoplite
14th Aug 2011, 05:02
Skins would be a nifty idea. Along with any cool unlockable for beating the game. Like old games used to do.

BigBoss
21st Aug 2011, 18:25
Really? People voted for a loading screen minigame over getting remakes of the original games?

Someot
30th Aug 2011, 16:25
Level creator, unlockable suits, Co-op (maybe)

iaNeil
6th Sep 2011, 15:20
I would love to see some DLC. Whether its skins, suits, maps, weapons and so forth.

Hitori
21st Oct 2011, 03:47
Multiplay (maybe after main release)?
Mission editor (really it is abouth time)!
More content is always nice, like special weapons (example RPG's in hitman), and more missions.
More cheatcodes (for when i get bored of re-runs), i really miss the cheats from the first 2 games.

And for god and heavens sake, you been doing well in previous hitman releases in terms of game stabillity DO NOT F*** IT UPP on this one, as i am tired of newer games becomming more and more unstable to the point of beeing un-playable!

Also NO CONSOLE CONTROLLS ON PC!!!
As im tired of developers like microsoft getting lazy, by cloneing their Console code into an Emulator on PC (an console game emulated on PC is not a PC game FFS)!
Last time that happened to me i had to not only get/buy a PC gamepad but also install a controll input emulator for X-box to make it work at all.

Travis_IO
21st Oct 2011, 10:20
Nothing is set in stone right now, but there are a lot of exciting things we're looking at for the future regarding this sort of thing.

It's interesting to see what you guys are after so keep the suggestions coming!

BigBoss
21st Oct 2011, 17:37
I hear these things are on the chopping block.

manual saves
Traditional satellite map
post-level newspaper

If you could keep any of these things, particularly manual saves, it would be much appreciated. I also like how you guys take the weapon customization further each game as well as weapon diversity, keep going in that direction!

SilverBallerSD
20th Nov 2011, 06:16
I DONT WANT any additional features aside from the stuff theyve allways done.

Its like saying, do you want onion rings with your burger, and i'm like; "i'm fine, just make sure the burger is good".

Side note:
- Keep the money aspect in Codename 47, and Bloodmoney.
- Should be a bonus that you cannot 'buy'/win without silent assassin rating.

Rhamka
12th Dec 2011, 00:54

also anything from previous games, all this would be really good.

ezjohny
21st Jan 2012, 20:37
Make "Hit Man Absoltion" look Realistic as possible and utilize all 4 cores of a quad core processor on the PC version, Why I say that because this is a multi-Platform game and you can only take the consoles hardware so far!!!

I plan on getting a new computer system with up to dated hardware in it, in April of 2012 witch is LGA 2011 Socket, X79 Express Chipset with a 22nm processor also the New Graphic cards witch utilizes PCIE 3.0! Is there going tobe any "Game Enhancements" for this set up "Game Developer", the New MotherBoards are already out, I,m just waiting for the 22nm processors witch as the controller on the die for PCIE 3.0!

Lunartek
28th Jan 2012, 01:14
It kind of has been done before, but making some of the Codename: 47 and Silent Assassin levels for absolution. They do not have to be a part of the story. Unlockable levels maybe? It is pure nostalgia to some of us.

A thing the Hitman series has always needed is dlc! The replay value only goes so far!

halvars90
28th Jan 2012, 16:59
Also one thing they could add is diffrent thing to interact with the envoirment. for exampel:

1. Start a fire (not just firealarms)
2. "Accidently" spill a drink on another NPC making them go to the bathroom to clean themselves, making them easy for the killing or the knocking out part.

I had lots of other ideas but I forgot them over the dinner. Have to come back with them soem time xD

NeoPhoenix
11th Feb 2012, 22:46
a level editor and own scriptable events would be very exiting ;)
besides that:
- cooperative mode (very cool)
- minigames like lockpicking
- interacting with npcs
- more random npc behavior (in last hitman parts it was too static, always going the same route)
- more improvisided weapons (using objects to kill or something like that)
- pulling the dead bodies faster (its soo annoying)
- mod interface for own mods (like in elder scrolls)
- i would buy dlc for more missions and so on

MrJohnson
11th Feb 2012, 23:20
Interact with NPC, like the hooker in Contracts, I don't remember the name of the mission but I'm sure you see what I mean, "take this money and go talk to this man", "30$ and you start a fight in 20 secondes"...

dimalozz
12th Feb 2012, 23:08
The idea I want to tell IO team is to make something more with police and other guards.
When committed minor violations (for for example if he hit his fist a man) police have to make him leave the area (but not kill him).
But if police takes 47 with the serious crime, they have to arrest him and to take his weapon. After that police keeps him to a police office (or guardian\police room in the location). So 47 can escape from them by killing or knocking out the officers with broken handcuffs.
This makes sense because he will not be forced to kill the police in the presence of witnesses, now he can do it in another place (without any witnesses).
Even more! There can be a whole independent mission — to escape from prison (or police office), may be every time if cops takes 47.
Look how it works in the game Postal 2